These are the 9 of the top 10 greatest mystery games ever made

These are the 9 of the top 10 greatest mystery games ever made.
Can you solve the mystery of what the 10th game is?

Attached: mystery games.jpg (3264x2906, 1.34M)

Attached: bum poisoning simulator.jpg (256x327, 76K)

No Layton or Danganronpa game deserves to be on that list. They're fun but terrible fucking mysteries that run off the rules of never giving you the chance to figure out the whole truth before the reveal itself and the truth itself is also often an illogical mess running off incoherent logic.

Umineko is GOAT but I would not classify it as a game, you literally just click to keep reading it without any form of input.

Deadly Premonition is shit. I enjoyed it, but it's shit. It's a bad game made fun by the pure cheese - it's like trying to say The Room is a legitimately great romantic drama film.

Anyway you should chuck any of Her Story, The Wolf Among Us, Kentucky Route Zero, Discworld Noir, and Oxenfree on there desu

>Discworld Noir
First I've heard of a Discworld game. How is it?

Are there franchise repeats? I could see it being VLR, Ace Attorney 1, or DanganRonpa 2. If not I'll just assume it's Ever17.

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 2.23M)

How long is Ever17? Been meaning to look into it but never know if I have the time for it.

took me 29 hours while 999 took me 22 hours, I've watched my friend read VN's and he blazes through them so idk if I'm a slow reader or not.

Is this just a clever suggestion thread?

No idea if OP has an answer or not but I am always looking for good mystery games. Just beat AI Somnium Files which alright.

If you do read Ever17 I thought it was solidly below average until the last route comes along and is both a Top 5 all time VN route and retroactively makes everything else better, so try to stick with it if you're you're still 20+ hours in and not seeing the appeal.

I'll keep that in mind. That is fairly common in the mystery genre.

DRV3 was good but I wouldn't call it BEST OF ALL TIME

Needs Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Famicom Detective Club

Shadow of Memories/Destiny

Silver Case 25th Ward

Is it as bad as the original? Copypasted shelters were the nadir of game design and HG101 people say 25th Ward has more of "tasteful genre deconstruction" or something.

The Silver Case
Flower, Sun, and Rain
25th Ward
Killer7 if it counts.
All deserve to be on a list like this. Mysteries are not as good without Suda.

The main mystery being the fact the genius auteur still has his job.

Attached: sensible_chuckle.png (300x300, 55K)

this is a better mystery game than anything you just posted and I don't even like it that much

Attached: nelson-tethers-puzzle-agent-cover[1].png (417x457, 247K)

fpbp

428 Shibuya Scramble?
Also I noticed like 95% of these games are Japanese. Are mystery games just not a big deal in America? I bet England has made some decent Sherlock games I don't know about though.

Not even close

Attached: yyrn33gaa6lqvmy4jgtbuu6kx2jejurn_hq.jpg (256x384, 18K)