CUBE WORLD RAGE THREAD

THE BETA IS FUCKING TERRIBLE, THEY REMOVED HALF THE FEATURES FROM THE GAME AND TURNED IT INTO A WALKING SIM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: v0edrf.png (487x356, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18682188
youtube.com/watch?v=xXyBVbryR9M&feature=youtu.be
strawpoll.me/18682634/r
discord.gg/cubeworld
youtube.com/watch?v=yD2FSwTy2lw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WOAH 3D DOT GAME HEROES LOOKS LIKE THAT NOW!?

You can still play Minecraft.

Attached: 1395710827979.gif (251x185, 2.43M)

Well at least HOPEFULLY it wont stay like this for long. Wollay might have another autism attack from all the feedback right now and disappear for ever this time.

Attached: bart.jpg (250x300, 21K)

It's over. Kill me.
It's over. Kill me.
It's over. Kill me.
It's over. Kill me.
It's over. Kill me.
It's over. Kill me.

Attached: 1566773029933.jpg (498x750, 96K)

6 fucking years

threadly reminder you sided with the wrong game

Attached: DAB.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Lmao fuck this game I'll just play more terraria instead

I thought this had more rpg features...

>wollay freaks out and the non-beta never releases on the 30th

Final update FUCKING WHEN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's all alive?

take a second and think about why your shitpost is retarded even ironically speaking

this its just minecraft 2, I'm passing hard on this trash garbo

Attached: nope.gif (270x252, 971K)

It came back to life for exactly 5 minutes.
Just like any of his Twitter updates.
Too bad it's dead forever now

lol

Attached: lol.jpg (1080x896, 178K)

I have 300 hours in trove

FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY. FUCK WOLLAY.

Attached: unknown.png (670x503, 418K)

I can only find happiness in death now. Let's go together, Cube World.

Attached: 1518236762593.png (629x1173, 148K)

It did, 6 years ago! Now it's just an uninspired BoTW clone

Good thing this is the beta.
I hope that they realize their mistake and fix this in the few days they have.

I just wanted an upgraded alpha.

Attached: 1543818572219.jpg (538x528, 40K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCK OFF WOLLEY

Attached: 1559759903108.jpg (601x601, 62K)

yeah he's going to go ahead and remove all the features he stripped out of the game in a week. And admit his desire to resurrect this game as a botw clone is a bad idea. all in a week. I don't think that's gonna happen

seriously think about this you dumb fucking anime poster fuck

he took 6 years to release this, and you think he's gonna be able to change anything in a few days?

I'M
SO
FUCKING
ANGRY

It's literally just him developing the game.
Unless he goes full autism mode he'll never manage to fix everything in 7 days. Also, how do you fix a game which is broken at very core?

THANKS WOLFAM THANS WOLFRAM THANKS WOLFRAM

Attached: 1518999016199.jpg (400x388, 27K)

sure user im working on it
t. Wollay

Mojang paid Wollay to shit up his game.

i'm still trying to hold on to what little hope i can muster

It's out in a week faggot, he's not gonna fix this. The game is ruined, fuck him.

Attached: 1511298850854.png (666x500, 239K)

WOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: 1553974214608.gif (653x494, 2M)

RELEASE IN 7 DAYS
RELEASE IN 7 DAYSRELEASE IN 7 DAYSRELEASE IN 7 DAYS
RELEASE IN 7 DAYSRELEASE IN 7 DAYS
RELEASE IN 7 DAYS

I wasted a vacation day for this shit, put a bullet in me

Dont bother. wrap that hope up in a brick and toss it through Wollay's window.

wait what happened?
i cant even get the fucking thing to run on 7, even with that community patch

kek'd

Go do something else user, dont spend your free day here seething with us

WOLLAY ON SUICIDE WATCH CONFIRMED

WTF IS THIS CIPBOARD EVEN WHY IS IT THERE WHY WON'T IT GO AWAY???????????????

Attached: cubeworld_2019-09-23_10-44-41.png (138x131, 12K)

LEAK THE FUCKING DOWNLOAD ALREADY

This. People are going to be mad about this all day. you won't miss anything by just going and checking out another game.

not only that, you wasted 6 yars of brainspace to get hyped for this. Id put a bullet in you but what the point youre already dead

CRACK WHEN

Hey at least you can pet the dog in this game

glad I didn't buy into this minecraft clone lol why the fuck was anyone even excited about this pixelshit?

Attached: 1565016286331.jpg (650x752, 47K)

I'm more disappointed in this than starbound, because at least starbound didn't put out a really good in development version, wait six years and shit on your plate

Attached: 1562817508149.gif (602x476, 89K)

Anyone else enjoying the fireworks? I was interested in Cube World but I had literally never heard of it till a week ago so I had no investment. Sucks for you guys though.

Attached: 1557233278217.png (158x169, 39K)

I heard a friend talking about how shit "Cube World" is now, and I thought that was his retarded joke name for minecraft or something. Guess it's a real game lol.

Most people forgot about this a month after the alpha released and didn't hear about it again until 2 weeks ago.

What the fuck am I supposed to do? I've been walking around for an hour, there's nothing for me to fucking do, any event area has some big purple nigger that 1 shots me. Everything else kills me too. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS GAME?

At least tell me optimization is good, so I can play on craptrop.

Attached: 0bf.png (524x488, 18K)

Yeah, the beta is fucking bad.

A ton of stuff was changed from the alpha but none of the stuff that was changed is fun.

Combat feels pretty pointless but you have to do it, also region locked items and gear is the most fucking backwards ass thing ever. Ive been waiting for cube world for 7 years and they fucked it

Attached: 082 - rM2r6iq.jpg (200x200, 9K)

NPCs tell you about stuff to do. Specifically the groups roaming around.

maybe the autistic retard will fix it before the release somehow

The alpha was so much fun and showed so much promise, user. All it needed was development, content, and a little love.

Wollay basically starved it to death then only came back to it when he played another game and remembered he made this. by then it was emaciated so he just turned it into a clone.

Given that people would rather he just ported the alpha instead of what we got it should be obvious this version isnt what made people fall excited for it.

How do I know if a group of NPCs are just going to push my shit in or tell me how to have fun in this game?

So, anons, now that Cube World is over...
Which game are you looking forward to?
Does Hytale look good?

Attached: 1558873280856.jpg (678x716, 68K)

>My goal is to be the greatest WARRIOR in the land!
>Wow, you have an amazing chest armor!

thanks npcs

>shallow dopamine simulator is better than exploration

I couldn’t fix my term paper in 7 days.
That retard hasn’t got a chance in hell for redemption.

Dunno. Guess you can kinda tell by the names. Some Orcs from the Bloodaxe clan are probably trouble.

OHH NO NO NO

Attached: NOGODNO.png (355x324, 141K)

they did? Bullshit.

It runs exactly the same as it did before. It's probably "playable" on potatoes with the lowest possible render distance.

This.
You know, for how much SOULLESS it is, exclamation marks for quests are a stable in every videogame now for a very specific fucking reason.
But no, let's talk to every single fucking NPC in town without any kind of logic just to get some dumbass quests that give you rewards that are absolutely pointless once you leave the area

Attached: 1474602441738.jpg (554x439, 78K)

>No more skill tree
>Gliders, boats, and pet riding are for 1 zone only
>No new skills
>No new classes
>No new specializations

Can someone be a bit more descriptive please?
WHY is it so bad, WHAT did he change etc.

I'm getting vietnam flashbacks of having kickstarted mighty no. 9

hytale seems fun imo
i like everything theyve shown off so far and it will support modding from the get go so i think it will be successful
nowhere near as successful as minecraft but itll probably last for a good while

From what I've seen at least one NPC in each group will tell you about a place. Just talk to all of them.

Exploring was kickass in the alpha, now it's a pain in the ass because you lose your boat, glider, and pet riding whenever you go to a new zone. It deincentivises exploration.

I heard someone mention Veloren. I've only seen a couple of screenshots but so far this open source game looks way better than the cube world beta

You lose all your stuff when you switch zones

So if one wanted to play this game, which would be the last good update?

So far I've learnt all orcs are niggers

>THE BETA IS FUCKING TERRIBLE
Oh fuck what happend?

Attached: 1520303642570.jpg (200x210, 16K)

>yfw wollay just had to do what he outlined in his initial roadmap and he still fucked everything up

Attached: fuck.png (250x250, 55K)

refer to

Here.
Although, before these threads started popping up, I distinctively remembered this game being one of Yea Forums's never evers.

I thought MGSV taught the board to never fall for the hype train and remain skeptical at all times, what a shame

Attached: 1492389350567.jpg (500x380, 31K)

This is the ONLY UPDATE SINCE 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1569051570869.png (896x454, 310K)

Doesn't work on windows 7

imagine a MMO that spawns you into a max level zone so everywhere you go you get raped by even caterpillars

this sounds like a beta test feature. Otherwise its pretty fucked up

>ALL YOUR SHIT DISAPPEARS THE SECOND YOU STEP INTO ANOTHER ZONE

WHAT

THE

FUCK

strawpoll.me/18682188

2013***

Wow

You don't understand this 5D chest play.
Remove features.
People ask for features on Steam.
Release removed features super quickly.
Steam users happy.

Brilliant.

>the new skills we WOULD'VE gotten are still in the fucking files (Assassin backstab, Fire mage flamewalk)
>Skills can't be used out of combat anymore, so using intercept or retreat can't be used for mobility anymore
I really hope that someone just mods the alpha version with the old skills, maybe we can play that one together instead

Well, it's released at all so that's off my chest. But this is embarrassing.

Attached: dickhead.png (537x434, 358K)

It's not, when you get the items they say "Now you can fly in the skies of Cuckarra Land!". Equipment and FUCKING CRAFTING RECIPES have this too.

Not sure about equipment but I saw it on myself. Found the boat, went to the ocean, which is another zone, and puff, Boat disappeared from my ass. Couldn't equip it. Turned around, went in the old area and could use it once again.

>Skills can't be used out of combat anymore, so using intercept or retreat can't be used for mobility anymore

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHATTATT

I bought the game 6 years ago, how do I get a refund?

I was using rock punch out of combat though

Starbound 2

how are you even supposed to have anything to do with the factions if the AI only knows to blast you to oblivion?
this isn't true for me, only problem is that you need MP for intercept and you can't generate MP without sneaking which of course reduces your movement speed as Assassin
I switched to Ninja but the stamina regen is too low to make sprint actually feel like it's doing something

YO WHAT? Where's the fucking progression then?

holy fuck

how do you ruin a game this badly

it's technically false but it might as well be true depending on your class. You need MP to cast Intercept, but Rock Fist on warrior is fine.

what the fuck happened

Attached: 1526671561043.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Honestly Starbound didn’t shit the bed half as hard as Cube World just did.

Please don't make me go back to trove

Quote:
>And I now feel this build is fun

Attached: 9cm3.gif (372x262, 1.24M)

I occasionally see posts like this on this website, I really hope none of you actually do this.

quick rundown on this?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

>No more skill tree
There never were any.

The game was obviously dead but you still fell for it. Did you really think that he was working on it for 6 years? He literally just released it because he needed some dosh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: a88e0f1e30615863722e213976d838f2385118c5_full.jpg (184x184, 7K)

>game releases alpha showing lots of potential
>dev disappears for 6 whole years
>returns and releases beta
>it's shit and removed all the fun things from the alpha

Cube world had features?

See

Attached: 2635fc3ac740a42556d1351cb63ebc02.jpg (2196x2735, 850K)

more like he released it as an homage to his new favorite game. All this guy does is get enamored with a new game and then decides to rip it off.

I hope wollay kills himself

>could have copied any game
>decided to make a rip off of fucking BotW

Attached: 1480466096572.jpg (737x621, 81K)

you cant even open it up??

Imagine getting scammed by this shit not once but twice

at least I only paid for it the one time.

thanks guys.

>people shitting on gear based progression
It just makes low level more interesting by handing you all the skills.
The real problem is taking all your shit away when changing area. What a retarded fucking idea.

>game has alpha release in 2013
>store gets ddos'd for 15 seconds
>dev has a panic attack, develops ptsd and disappears for 6 years
>this is the result of 6 years of work
>i can't even see the train wreck first hand because no win 7 support
>cucked out of my money twice
I spent my money and accepted the loss 6 years ago but all I feel is pity. Part of me wishes that this was all just a scam and he really isn't an out of touch autistic pussy but I'd be surprised if he doesn't off himself by the end of the year.

I don't remember BotW taking my glider away from each area.

Attached: vr and his glasses.png (330x310, 5K)

I never owned it but I sort of know about it, why would they remove gear after switching zones?

IS THE CRACK LEGIT OR DOLPHIN?

That's just the laziest way the guy found to make "infinite ""progression"""

how's that minecraft killer

Attached: cheese man.jpg (1200x654, 90K)

Wtf do I do here? The guy won't leave the place and keeps walking around inside, dropping my reward on the floor, where I cant' enter.

Attached: Wtf.png (1847x967, 967K)

There's an easy fix for now with some drag and dropping .dll files but by default it just doesn't launch. yeah.

I'm so mad and also laughing. What the fuck, why would they reset your progress when you switch zones? Why would you not get XP from killing mobs? Why do they take away your boat when you enter an ocean biome?

Wollay and his passive aggressive wife looked at these decisions and thought "yes, this will make the game better".

Attached: 1552920854123.jpg (1008x567, 51K)

What's it like now? I remember picking it up while waiting for an update after pirating CW's Alpha, I also remember quitting after reaching the MR cap and radiants or max PR (2.1k?) on every class.

You keep equipment but if it isn’t a +equipment it gets halved stats

Yeah, they should've listened to the feedback......

OH

WAIT

Fucking retards deserved it

Attached: 1479486735399.png (303x311, 165K)

The point is, if it was a good rip off it could've still been a fun game, but this obviously misses everything that is fun about BOTW.
the fucking large world isn't what makes BOTW fun. Breaking items isn't what makes BOTW fun. Those things just serve the larger game which is mostly fun because of an interactive engine which allows you to do a lot of clever stuff and motivates you to be creative.
Breaking items are supposed to make you use whats around you and find clever ways to solve situations, but what the hell is removing the glider and boat from a player supposed to do?
This is no MMO where you need to unlock flying mounts in a new area since thats where the expansion is happening. The whole point of a procedural game is to keep exploring and not to stay on one spot forever

I'm gonna give it one more try, I refuse to believe it is like this

I have no fucking idea. It should just have harder and harder zones.

Why do people like this exist?

Attached: firefox_2019-09-23_12-18-42.png (640x209, 36K)

What the fuck? How the fuck did Wollay think a per-land progression system would be a good idea?

I don’t even have a key, so I can’t even experience this bullshit without paying $20.

Attached: 1C47F03A-FBF3-48A4-9965-5B2FF94020B2.jpg (750x661, 35K)

How the fuck do I change skills? Fuck fire magic, I want water magic.

Also what the fuck at everything's hp, I can barely kill anything.

Starbound fag here, I can absolutely sympathize with you guys. F. Maybe Hytale will be good. I hope the modding tools for that game are as easy to use and powerful as they advertise.

Attached: 1556174576404.png (495x735, 187K)

>NO MAN'S CUBE WORLD shit poster was fucking right
no I-I fucking skipped studying for this
it's 5:20 and I thought it would be worth it
oh god
6 years

God I hate sycophantic yesmen like this

Attached: 1492362316387.jpg (3600x3600, 1.65M)

Talk to the guild guy in any town.

Remember when you shills laughed at everyone else when they said they weren't going to fall for this scam again.
Well whose laughing now faggots? Eat shit.

Attached: 1525416063048.png (225x225, 7K)

Denial. Some people cant accept the truth right away.

I'm one of them

At least we got good plants out of that atrocity.

Attached: 1560442971342.jpg (714x1000, 311K)

As a person I've always tried to err on the side of optimism and have always tried to see the good parts of any flawed creation. I enjoy a lot of things people consider bad.
But even I am just repulsed. This is a fucking disaster. I really wasn't expecting to wake up today to this. It doesn't matter though. Denial doesn't last very long in the face of facts that aren't going anywhere.

I don't know what the fuck this new kind of happy shill culture is called, but I genuinely miss the time when everyone got mad at everything.

The update was free though.

Dang it, game didn't spawn me anywhere near a town...

Remember, people hating are those who played the beta 6 years ago. When the game is out for everyone on the 30th, new players won't be complaining.

OH NO NO NO NO

Yes they will. Because the game back then had something likeable. The game now is genuinely bad.

death debuff

That person is screaming on the inside and trying to convince themself. They'll probably be found hanging in their room tomorrow.

>saw the shill threads on Yea Forums
>never played the original so I bought a key for 12$
>the game is so fucking bad
GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY Yea Forums YOU FUCKING TRASH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLS

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (500x500, 39K)

this, I took one look at this abomination and just knew it was going to be disastrous.

Attached: 1530348250431.jpg (399x337, 36K)

>people that played a superior version will be telling the truth while the oblivious won't

no shit

Please dear god for the love of all that is holy tell me it will be possible for modders to fix this mess.

>well he took my money and ran 6 years ago, surely he won't do that again

Attached: 412.jpg (480x480, 124K)

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD

you're in a zone that your gear isn't from and have reduced stats because of it

why are you saying that like it isn't true

>didn't buy cube world
>mfw reading these threads

Attached: GARLIC BREAD.jpg (220x220, 12K)

Good we agree on that.

It's reddit culture, positive vibes only, no "toxicity"

If Wollay was "traumatized" and "never the same" by his site being DDOS'd six years ago imagine how he must be feeling from the feedback now lmao

>class locked equipment
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dropped

>Begin game
>Go to nearby town
>Talk to townsfolk
>One of them mentions they heard a gnome screaming in the nearby woods
>Go there, turns out the gnome is being cooked in a cauldron by a coven of witches
>Kill the witches and save the gnome, who was apparently a supplier gnome and saving him made the area's shops better supplied
>Go back to town
>Shop has a good weapon for sale now
>Buy it with the money I made from killing the witches and selling their drops
>Talk to more townspeople
>One tells me they left a book of crafting in a forest island just off the nearby coast
>Go there
>Find out the place is a battleground between what look like paladins and the undead
>Getting close to one of the fights prompts the paladin to ask me for help clearing the forest out
>Combat is tough, but fair
>Finally kill the last of the undead
>The paladins congratulate me on a job well done and give me a fucking armored horse as a reward

What exactly is wrong with the game?

>Yes you can level up
>Have to find artifacts in every zone
What's the fucking story here? Has anyone even found this magical fucking artifacts these fags keep memeing about?

Is there any game that is similar to what we were promised that I can play right now instead?

6 years bros.... I don't think I can take this anymore.

Attached: 1536501053496.png (645x1260, 440K)

Not any good ones.

It's under the truck, user. Collect all the coins and run around it nine times.

cubeworld alpha

about to download it to see what the fuss is about and im on Windows 7 so thanks, ill search for the files

>What exactly is wrong with the game?
The progression within zones is fine.
But try and change zones.

>waiting 6 years for this game to be updated
>6 years
>game finally comes out
>turns out the Alpha was better

We're hitting irony and depression levels previously thought impossible

Attached: Why_tho_nigga_why.gif (320x218, 1.55M)

Had that with Skyrim, boy was I in denial. Now i think its utter trash

Hi Pixxie!

I am so unimaginably glad that Cubeworld is being released, and that you guys has made a product you feel proud of. This game has been a part of many peoples lives, as ridcilous as it sounds.

I wonder, in the very recent blogpost, Wollay mentioned that "There are still many things I'd like to add in the future", which implies that Cubeworld isn't entirely put on the shelf yet? I'm surprised by you guys's dedication to this game. The little roadmap on the Picroma site names some planned features that seem to not be present, so I'm assuming those could be added later sometime.

Maybe on the new Cubeworld.com site you guys could make an updated roadmap for us to see. Since I'm assuming these planned features on the Picroma site has been revalued several times over, these are over 6 years old, some things gets different priority and such. It'd be nice to see what the plans are now... after a nice break of course, you guys deserve that.

With the core features present in the game, like quests and controls, I hope that you feel less pressure on having all the features feel perfect, because lets face it, we aren't that picky. You'd be surprised at how well disguised some ingenuine trolls are, just disregard them.

Anyways, I'm happy with the sudden transparency from all of you. I understand the feelings of insecurity of the game and the whole DDOS thing. But there's a massive community out there rooting for all of you.

It feels like a modder tried to take the Alpha and turn it into a Breath of the Wild clone but then stopped when they realized how hard it would be to make it fun.

Attached: 175 - AiBU6g3.png (480x480, 97K)

So I should have a steam key if i played the alpha in 2012 right?

Attached: vnnn.png (768x497, 137K)

>ou lose your boat, glider, and pet riding whenever you go to a new zone.
W H A T
is it possible this is some kind of oversight? do you really just fall from the sky if you try to glide over a zone boundry?

I’ve been playing for two hours, cleared almost every white area I can access and still don't have a piece of green gear. I give up.

>mfw I never bought cube world
Feels good.

Attached: 1552176563575.png (128x105, 18K)

finna pull the game off the market and disappear for another decade

Attached: 51.png (1166x1216, 658K)

>post yfw you never fell for cuck world
>post yfw you're a Hytale chad
Feels good

Attached: 1561895145176.gif (500x491, 355K)

I’ve seen dungeons with artifacts. They are orange difficulty and the bonus is stuff like “increased swimming speed” and “increased riding speed”.

why exactly did Yea Forums like this game so much? all i remember of it was being some shitty youtuber shilled game that got boring after a couple days

based scam detectors, feels good to not be a bandwagoning retard doesn't it?

Attached: 1559034315404.jpg (1004x600, 75K)

No, Reddit is all about posting pictures of whatever the new cool game is combined with a new console because your girlfriends boyfriend left you or something and now you're treating yourself, that or or getting enraged about lootboxes and broken releases.
You're talking about twitter culture that is all about positivity and blaming on toxic entitled gamers.
I don't know whats up with Yea Forums interwoving twitter and reddit culture and just calling all of it reddit

>tfw never bought scamworld

Attached: 1562208034480.png (1000x1000, 101K)

Leave the zone you're in and you start from scratch again.

Inb4 Hytale is just as bad when it releases

Attached: jfc.jpg (687x696, 47K)

>do you really just fall from the sky if you try to glide over a zone boundry?
try it
make a webm

Listen you little shits, it's not complicated to figure out. The game is supposed to have high replayability so it was made that you're not able to get the best shit possible then be able to clean house no matter where you are and essentially be done, thus killing the fun. Working for the better gear is where the fun of these games come from, I thought you'd all appreciate that.

>changed worldgen
>no seeds
>boats, hang gliders, riding pets are all 1 zone only, you can't buy them either
>no skill tree
>no skill slots (1, 2, 3 ,4, etc.)
>no combat exp
>redesigned leveling system (how? no idea, I have yet to fucking level up)
>gear is only useful in the zone that you find it, unless you find gears with star ratings or some shit
>you can't use skills out of combat other than the skill tied to 'R'
>there are no town markers or dungeon markers on the map you have to find everything yourself
>the map itself isn't hidden (there's no fog of war) so there is no reason to hide markers when you can clearly see dungeons etc. on the map but have no idea where the towns are
>you get quests from NPCs if you fucking find any that is
>to go to your friends in multiplayer you have to find a town to fly from after 2 hours of playing I never found a single town

Basically everything is tied to zones, including your utilities like hang gliders etc. these disappear when you move to the next area, your normal gear gets shittier as you move as well, when you die your gear quality (NOT DURABILITY) gets worse.

Everything that was good has been removed, replaced with every bad idea possible, as someone else put it it is as if he played BoTW and decided to remake the game as a BoTW clone instead.

I just pirated this and I hate it, having mobs one shot you is just not fun, and even shit like the gliders don't seem useful because of how low your stamina regen is at the start

Early game is the worst part of the game and each time you change zones its early game all over again because progression is locked to each region. Thats fucking whack, dude.

Attached: muppet.jpg (238x195, 3K)

based, fuck shitters

Listen here Sisyphus, I thought you loved the feeling of finally rolling that heavy boulder all the way to the top. That's why I keep pushing the boulder back down so you can go do it all over again. Why are you so angry?

brand loyalists

I can definitely see that happening. Aren't they already scrambling for more devs too?

This is just a joke release right? He's gonna fix it all tomorrow? Right? Right?

Attached: 1391423716963.png (859x706, 1.17M)

user... Last time he got some negative feedback and his site was DDOS'd he had a mental breakdown and disappeared for six years.

the frog is angry

Can't believe he'd go from random worlds to a single pre-generated world. Every game ever that has random gen, goes from a pre-generated to random generated. This is a literal step backwards.

Surely it can't be that ba-

Attached: 1569192704275.webm (1280x720, 1.05M)

Kekked. How bad is it?

This is a random-generated world, it just has a single seed this time. Starting locations are random so you’ll never find the same place twice unless you are looking for it. That is the least of the beta’s problems.

>all about positivity and blaming on toxic entitled gamers.
thats literally redd it
go to any given subreddit of a somewhat poorly received game and youll see "wow the devs are trying their best stop being so entitled" faggotry within about a second

The game is incredibly good. The reason for the current hate storm is because the game changed how progression works. Instead of learning the new system, many are resorting to baby rage. Beta is a vast improvement over the Alpha and a ton of fun.

How's the German healthcare system? They can treat autism now I think

>zoomer faggots actually shill this garbage cash-grab when we know its shit
>beta releases
>its shit
>zoomer faggots cry about it

Attached: i laugh.gif (1000x1000, 562K)

what the fuck? one of the best things about this game was the beautiful random map generation, much better looking than minecraft.
6 years lmao.

That we did. Honestly, if I can get over me being a codelet I would so make a Starbound remake in Hytale, but I'm too fucking retarded to code anything past html/case/JavaScript. Ah well, at least there is /tg/ where I can retool a system to what I want.

Attached: 1556174394555.png (800x1100, 393K)

I do consider the progression within biomes an improvement.
But there's no way to defend the whole removing items thing when traveling to a new biome.

>>there are no town markers or dungeon markers on the map you have to find everything yourself
>>the map itself isn't hidden (there's no fog of war) so there is no reason to hide markers when you can clearly see dungeons etc. on the map but have no idea where the towns are
Im tired of games marking everything on map from get-go, it ruins exploration, but it's gay if it doesnt mark it when you discover it.

it sounds shitty but a system like that could work for weapons and armor and shit. but for things tied to exploration and travel it makes no sense at all. it means the more you explore the more you hamper your own ability to explore. that's fucking retarded beyond all belief. travel items and travel bonuses should be permanent, it makes no sense otherwise.

What I meant was that everyone has the same world, yeah. But that's just sucky when he already had the choice to have a different world every time.

I have to make this post because i'm curious. Did anyone genuinely watch this trailer and think it would be good?

youtube.com/watch?v=xXyBVbryR9M&feature=youtu.be

this looks like the most boring walking simulator
devoid of meaningful content
vast and vacuous
I just don't know how you can watch this and think it would be good.

wollay is going to kill himself

Attached: toad 2.png (706x595, 602K)

SO HERE I AM

Attached: gfd.jpg (227x222, 9K)

This
Wollay is laughing all the way to the bank at the screaming tards

DIRTY AND FACELESS

I'm still incredibly impressed that they managed to make the game look 90 times worse in the time they had.

This is the 3rd time I post this and I'm still baffled and in absolute awe.

Attached: the fuck.png (1272x1319, 2.73M)

>this thread
Been a while since I seen a jarring switch from hope to despair.

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__e44ec950d01f254806021fc4 (392x495, 136K)

I can't even remember how much I paid for the alpha

YOU FOOLS
the writing was on the wall
you all deserve this!

funny because I started playing BotW recently and it reminded me a lot of old cube world

Who could possibly be behind this?

Attached: Danganronpa_1_Junko_Enoshima_Sprite_Sidebar.png (560x560, 334K)

what the fuck happened

There is a little of that sick irony feeling

unironically based

>find first village
>everyone is stone
>go to house that is source of curse
>see old woman stare at me from behind window
>she comes sprinting out like an olympic athlete and beams me to death before i can even react

>instead of releasing regular updates Wollay developed the game in a closed box for 6 years with no feedback whatsoever
>game finally releases and people hate what happened to it

There's a cautionary tale in here somewhere....

Maybe for certain subs with Resetera tier mods that attract those kinds of people, but subs from games i know are seething half of the time
Pokemon is seething
Isaac is seething on each new DLC
Monster Hunter is seething because of >BONED weapons
Nintendo is seething because of the shitty joysticks
Starbound is seething because of Cucklefishes latest fuckup
While the Switch subreddit is exactly like you described and trying to block every critique

>riding pets are all 1 zone only
Fuuuck even the pets? You can't even take your fucking companion with you on your adventures?

>Create a scam game for cash, that you never intend on finishing
>Eventually make enough cash and delete the game to hide your shame
>Autists beg you to bring your scam back
>Cry that they got scammed when you bring the scam back

Attached: thinkig.png (2688x2688, 173K)

I already called it that the full game will be just barely better than the alpha, but I'm surprised after all the years the game became only worse. Yikes.

Attached: 3.jpg (512x440, 78K)

I agree with what you're saying, but don't forget this fact: the entire map is already explored - all of it - so you'll see buildings and shit (but they are almost all dungeons) finding a town is a shit show, now because the entire map is plotted is there really any point in hiding markers? Note: once you find something it is marked, but I fail to see the point.

>alpha fire mage has 3 skills
>full release fire mage has 2 skills
fucking defend this, you LITERALLY cannot

surprising more people didn't see this coming, it's no different than a drawfag drawing every day but never getting a second opinion, only to be surprised when everyone tells him it's still shit

So uh.. If you go back to older zones do you get your things back?

this is why feedback is important folks

Honestly, at this point i'd be fine with the alpha and mod support, since the game has everything it needs to have to be a great game with the right mods

there are so many lessons here, from marketing to game design/development I'm amazed. I've been writing it all down, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did the exact opposite of what Wollay did, and had no other philosophy than just that, the product would probably be one of the top games of all time.

I was thinking about buying it day one... Fuck this shit. I'm so fucking sad and mad.

playing the alpha right now
it's crazy how much more of a game it is

You keep the pet but for whatever fucking reason you repeatedly lose the ability to ride it, I wish I w

yes, you never lose them in the first place. The gear just becomes greyed out, unless it's a "+" tier item

Hanging out in the thread softens the blow of disappointment, gimme a hug

I literally have no idea why you guys think the game was secretly being worked on all these years lol.
It was just abandonded

yes

>actively remove features from your game
>call it finished

Oh well thank god, still dumb but keeping them with you is something at least, w

Played it back in 2013
So, what's up? Is this thread shitposting or is the game really that bad?
What are its worst features?

>

Attached: C9EE43BA-2FBD-43D3-9B8E-9BE27C26C95D.jpg (750x728, 169K)

and what did they remove?

>What are its worst features?
Features are gone

the beta removed features and skills that were shown off over the years.
The worst part is that they're still in the fucking files, so you'll never get your "Teleports behind you" assassin skill for example

The removed skills is what hurts the most

Misery can be comfortable with like company. Time to just sigh, seethe and move on after.

Attached: 1556175848190.png (800x800, 148K)

Walking simulator? No no, we call them strand games these days

>i-it's just a prank!

man, I feel bad for you guys

fun stuff they're removing negative discussions on steam aswell

to be fair, it DOES sound like something a genuine autistic manchild would do

I want to snogg that fishfrog.

as an amateur game dev myself this is basically a nightmare scenario.

Wait, is this that fucking game from 4-5 years ago that was Minecraft with a slightly better combat system and RPG growth for abilities? I thought it died, what the hell happened?

What the fuck? Why?

How the fuck do you find a town, I've been walking for 2 hours and haven't found a single one.

As a random bystander from what I'm reading I feel bad if wollay thought all of these were good ideas and he's really just a dense, bone headed autist

Oh he calls himself a perfectionist it's alright then.
Also,
>depressed wojacks being used unironically
>people on reddit actually giving negative criticism, because you literally can't on steam
>Yea Forums's shitposters feel bad they actually hold off on shitposting
What the hell is going on?

>but it's only a beta

Attached: 1421913655191.jpg (249x238, 23K)

it's like every damn day we slip into a further alternate reality
Life is a fucking meme at this point

Attached: file.png (1008x104, 23K)

user it wont help. I found a town and everyone is fucking stone lol

look at the roads on the map and look for a converging point where several of them meet up. Chances are that's a town, so just go there and hope that it isn't a petrified town quest

it came back to kill itself

he withdrew from the internet after getting "ptsd" from a ddos attack
why did we expect anything good

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: EEfyJpAXkAIoFNA.jpg (640x360, 36K)

Just go kill the witch responsible. Oh wait, she'll one-shot you with that ridiculous beam that was already a problem six years ago.

lost its rpg abilites surpriseee you wanted a good game? nope borderlands with region locked gear

>Found a + tier legendary weapon from a random drop
>doesn't reduce in level in different areas
>completed every "quest" in this area in the meantime
Well now what? What the fuck is the point of gating progression behind RNG? I've basically beat the fucking game at this point

Attached: woof.jpg (1125x1110, 104K)

Sometimes a town will also spawn on an island of its own in the water, with no roads leading out of it.

Sounds like a hyper neurotic type autist. If you touch their possessions they flip the fuck out and can be prone to paranoia

him and his wife have sat in their hugbox and developed without gettiing any form of feedback for 6 years theyre both unicorn-sparkle no negativity autists

Why is anyone even surprised about this?
This is so tiring...

>No levels
>No new skills to unlock
>No skill trees
>Progression resets every new zone
I've practically beat the game without even doing anything

well, that's it guys, the already dead game that was painstakingly held on life support by the community it had, is getting shat on by the same community

unless wooley pulls of some coding of the century, he will probably kill himself

That's like saying beating 1-1 in Mario is beating the entire game

you did beat it, congrats. now for the endgame exploration - explore other games in your library

>That's like saying beating 1-1 in Mario is beating the entire game

That's like saying skyrim is the same as mario

Mario isn't an RPG

you would be right if every level in mario WAS 1-1

Modern Germans in a nutshell.

I played this cubeworld game back in what 2012-2013? Holy shit this hasn't released yet?

I am curious what difference will the planned official release even have

probably none. my guess is that 'beta' is being used in the same way big publishers use it nowadays- referring to a sneak-peek exclusive look at the full game rather than an incomplete build.
I'm pretty sure what we have to play now is what will release in 7 days

It crawled out of it's grave just to commit public suicide

Attached: 1503032647955.png (176x158, 20K)

>my guess is that 'beta' is being used in the same way big publishers use it nowadays- referring to a sneak-peek exclusive look at the full game rather than an incomplete build.
I'm sure they still have practical purposes as server stress tests and seeing if the port works fine
still, I don't think anyone could've seen this coming

yeah, gotta stress test that p2p steam multiplayer

>post yfw you didn't fall for scamworld

Attached: f57.jpg (650x650, 125K)

>walk 800m from respawn point
>die to bullshit enemies who won't fucking go away
>have to trek back 800m more

How open is its file structure, how easy does it look to mod? The game may be turned to shit but perhaps
>mods will fix it

Post yfw you're not Anthony "CubeWorld" Burch

Attached: dick byrne.png (1394x1370, 701K)

Attached: jWyTM3.gif (1000x800, 1.06M)

Yes it did don't start giving starbound a free pass cause of cube world starbound cut over half its content on release and didn't deliver fucking anything it promised

if it's anything like the alpha, don't expect any noteworthy mods for a full year

Trove made the resetting non-persistent world meme to begin with and the devs keep going the retarded gear treadmill direction instead of adding the good features from voxel games like Ace of Spades.

That being said. It's still a dozen times better than Cubeworld in its current state.

Sounds pretty comfy, desu.

lmao what cope

THIS IS WHY FEEDBACK AND Q&A IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF GAME DEVELOPMENT

Not him, but I'd give Starbound a free pass if the mods were in any way good, but majority of them are pure ass, and nobody can make good mods cuz the Frakken """"""Dev"""""" just steals your shit and puts it I'm his bloated mess.

Attached: 1556179434882.jpg (629x768, 320K)

6 years of coping

Come on guys don’t be mean :,(

Attached: 0BC7F4FC-09EB-4AEF-90F9-DD73DBCF5065.jpg (1242x406, 183K)

>Wake up
>See this thread.
Well fuck me sideways, glad i wasnt too invested in this, a friend of mine might actually kill himself though.

Attached: MCWITF.png (400x333, 42K)

JUST WAIT 6 MORE YEARS BRO

just play daggerfall unity

>game is shit
>6 years of waiting
LMAO

>just eat this other pile of shit
Bethesda RPGs were never good.

So is Woolay going to go kys? If he went into an autistic fit over a 15 second ddos imagine this thread but on Steam reviews calling out all the shit removed in Alpha.

I know of some bosses and mechanics like temperature and RNG mobs were cut, but I'm pretty sure most of it is broken promises than removed features wasn't it? Otherwise its gameplay loop isn't completely pants-on-head retarded like Cube World's currently by virtue of not reprimanding your gear the instant you walk away from a zone, but I would think Starbound sets off many more red flags in other categories for sure.

Gear progression definitely works well in some games, like Monster Hunter.

Omegalul that discord is more entertaining than the actual game now

If the game wants players to make new gear all the time why not just put in a durability system

I'm going to buy it unless someone uploads the game or it gets cracked early, not going to ride the coattails of other peoples opinions on it.

>durability good
retard

>this thread
everyone seems truly baffled by how bad his decisions were

Attached: 19867853.jpg (400x640, 58K)

How in the world do you survive in early game? Everything has so much hp and deals so much damage while I deal crap for damage.

I mean, if the point was to ape BotW

I warned you, but you didnt listen, and you guys have no one else to blame but yourselves.

Next time, hopefully you might listen next time.

looked like he butchered the shader or something

Why does everything one shot me

just wait till you get one purple item and then you'll oneshot them instead, just have npcs kill them for you

This games early game is either hell on earth with petrified towns or easy mode if you get any gear
The lack of levels means unless players know WHITE NAME MEANS YOU CAN KILL IT it's fucking death after death with no progress until RNG blesses you with gear or a town
Alpha was hard but I got stronger killing those rabbits
Beta is hard but i may need to kill many random house pets until I get gear that let's me actually fight things in quests
And no one understands the region gear buff nerf crap and that threre is + Gear that negates that crap which is behind more RNG and maybe crafting
All tools are also region locked which is gay af
Zelda vibes and music are nice though

WHY THE FUCK ARE PIXIES TIPS SO SHIT WHEN YOUR GAME HAS NO TUTORIAL

I still think I'll have fun with it with my bros but the game is gonna get review bombed hard with all this cryptic new shit that replaced the old RPG standbys

Attached: 1495901218708.jpg (530x657, 67K)

The issue in Trove is that there are no features to go with radiant gear levels aside from making the numbers go bigger. The treadmill might get the most focus, but it's just as shallow as everything else.

Trove with Minecraft-style persistent worlds that you have to reclaim by conquering dungeon by dungeon with MC-style NPCs and interactivity would be a far better game, and for a moment it looked like Trion was going that direction before it decided turning the game into a gay, vaguely Diablo-like thing was easier.

imagine paying money for a minecraft clone kek

Attached: 1566529779037.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Did I say MC-style NPCs? I meant Cubeworld-style.

The way he set shit up, mimicking BOTW Durability was probably unfeasible. Your chances upon finding stuff are so fucking paltry that you'd probably end up naked and defenseless constantly. The durability would need to be so high that it may as well not exist, or he would have to change a lot of other things.

So does the game suck? Is Wollay going to kill himself? No one is going to buy the game anymore since the beta is supposedly trash. What is thinking for releasing this on the 30th? Did he purposely know his game was shit? This dude is a fucking troll lmao

Attached: 14.jpg (317x267, 12K)

so if you're idly gliding through the air and accidentally enter a new region do you just plummet out of the sky?

and who exactly are you?

>I'll just make it so that all your gear resets every time you enter a new region, then I'll remove levels so you depend entirely on gear, literally infinite content, I'm such a genius lol
>wtf why are people mad
Let this be a lesson to all game developers, this is a cautionary tale of why not to develop a game in a closed box with no outside feedback for 6 years.
literally anyone could have told him this was a shit idea, he clearly was not getting any feedback while working on this.
Taking away peoples traversal tools in an open world game should be some kind of sin.

Attached: 1541222331508.gif (498x278, 1.29M)

So is this starbound 2?

yeah, same thing with boats

>Spore
>now this
You retards never learn

oh dont worry you lvl up with powerfull artifacts :)
maximum autist tier

Attached: artifact.png (263x310, 233K)

All that is missing is a dead dog

Attached: Chucklepup.jpg (600x800, 89K)

Has anyone seen any artifacts that aren't just "Increase X speed", because both of the ones I've seen are just that.

wow now you can do the next region slightly faster!
don't you just feel so much more powerful?

>implying it wasn't boomer contrarians saying it was better than minecraft this entire time
enjoy your shit shovelware

Okay CellphoneMarielx. I should have listened, sorry.

>Taking away peoples traversal tools in an open world game should be some kind of sin.
oh so let's give the player sonic speed and uninhibited movement

dude

Attached: 1488236962960.png (1019x414, 354K)

>faster hang glider so you can lose it even faster when changing region

kino

Everyone paid $20 six years ago
It's not about money anymore poor fag
It's about baffling game design choices from an autistic man and his wife
Ancient tripfag with a maidOC he forced on every fucking drawfag
Slightly less bad than that but still retard dev choice too
Seriously he was so close
It pains me
I'm still gonna find all it's secrets with friends and mechanics
But I can't lie I'm disappointed
It didn't deserve this fate
Fucking monkey paws I swear to god

Attached: 1524111101527.jpg (1077x1009, 132K)

lmao

spore is good though

>enter next region
>cant glide

people have paid money for this game years ago so when the game turns out shit after a 6 year absence it's kinda justified :) also don't pay for early access shit retards if that lesson hasn't been learnt too many times

why not +walk speed?
then it might actually mean something

>dude lets give free money to some scammer
doesnt matter if you're rich or poor retard why would you give money to someone who clearly doesnt give a shit about the game after 6 yers boot licking beaten housewife faggot

another name to filter. thanks!

And this shit keeps happening way too often. They are bilions fucked up with their shitty campaign. 7DTD devs spent 1 year developing shitty leveling system nobody liked, world is like twice as small, optimisation was so bad they had to DISABLE fov slider and best of all, their "improved" map generation now takes like 15 minutes to generate one shitty small map. And now they are spending another year trying to fix this shit without doing small updates like any sane person would. I have no idea what makes people do such stupid shit.

+ items are region locked aswell omegalul just a larger region, this is the stupidest design i've seen

what the fuck happened

This literally makes no fucking sense, why in the holy mother of fucking fuck would he make such a retarded decision. This has to be an oversight or a glitch, there's just no fucking way.

Didn't the old game have ore everywhere you could mine? Is that still a thing? I haven't found any.

are you autistic

i just want to be able to keep my shit. Why can't i keep my shit?

im sure there was many more between spore and now
most of the kiddies here probably dont even know what the fuck a spore is

Not even Starbound is anywhere near as bad as this. That game was just boring at its very foundation (billions of empty planets, generic randomly generated monsters) regardless of the changes its made over the years.
CubeWorld has a handful of absurdly stupid design elements that all blatantly hit you in the face within the first half hour of play.

>poke a boss in the ass I'm clearly not ready for, just for shits and giggles
>boss music on a loop that doesn't stop

are you dumb for buying an early access game that's been abandoned for 6 years?

Attached: 1567430035419.png (500x500, 76K)

You can. Your inventory just gets another page.
Look on the bottom, there's a zone name and arrows (if you've been to another zone, I have not).

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (1680x1010, 603K)

>Bootlicking
>I'm criticizing the game in the very post you replied too

Holy shit you TORtanic fags actual get what you want and you're still fucking retarded

Nah man Starbound is still worse
It tore shit out slowly over years it was torture
This just gave hope vanished for 6 years and came back and shit on the table
It's disappointing but I wasn't tortured by it

Attached: 1544523511025.gif (247x248, 966K)

all gear is region locekd even + gear. + gear just has a bigger area. what the fuck is this design man

p2w trash

they get nuked though so they're only usable in the area you got them

>you can use your glider, boat, etc in all regions
>when you find duplicates, you can use them to upgrade your current one
>gear only gets slightly worse in each region, based on how far it is from where you found it
>still have to find new gear as it degrades, but you don't just instantly lose all progress
would it be at least playable?

don't care wasn't scammed, stay mad weeb homo

>buying
you really are autistic lmao

Whoa, what the fuck is going on?
Someone summarize the beta for me please

Attached: EEAXHbaUcAEeGbG.jpg (750x451, 37K)

in a word: disappointment

Look at these retards.Look at them and laugh.

Attached: kjr.jpg (834x809, 284K)

>get boat
>try to sail into the ocean
>boat vanishes while riding it
holy fuck, is wollay actually retarded?

Attached: nofun.gif (500x392, 1.42M)

all items are region locked, enemies have random difficulty and there's no skills or exp.

are you trying to troll or are you just being retarded?

Someone post an ALPHA download please
I want to go back

Attached: 1567971052127.jpg (671x708, 117K)

It's a shame there is no way to make regions harder without taking away your stats. I mean, having some monsters just be stronger and require bigger stats, that's crazy lmao. Better to just remove all your gear.

user I was totally bracing myself for tortanic posters and retard shitposters, I was genuinely excited for this game but I'm at an actual fucking loss for words, there's people laughing at us right now because we were excited but c'mon. Not a single fucking person here could've seen this shit coming, not a single person here could've seen the fact that their progress would get reset when you entered a new zone especially when the game is all about exploring. Fuck me sideways man, hopefully mods can fix it.

Attached: dilbert.jpg (970x854, 394K)

i could ask you the same thing, autist

I remember a fucking minecraft mod that did this shit better. Had regions and RPG elements with the level of the regions going up as you went away from the starting area.
Fucking hell, I miss the alpha.

Health bar color. Red is evil, green/blue are good.

the discord is a laugh a minute
i cant believe people are defending this garbage
"WOOWY MASTER, DID THEY HURT YOUR FEEWEES?"

No one who's playing right now had to buy the beta, dumbass.

the problem is the game is called Cube World. We all played Cube World 6 years ago and this game we are playing today isn't Cube World.

oh shit i think i remember that
was it the one with the big towers everywhere?

I think so yeah. Been years since I touched it though.

I knew this game would be shit by how much Yea Forums was shilling for it, enjoy your trainwreck

Attached: 585758233470304270.gif (128x128, 6K)

we arent laughing at you
we are laughing at the situation you find yourself in
>wait 6 fucking years
>content is removed
MY FUCKING SIDES
and that kids, is why investing in unreleased projects is shit and you are too for doing it.

you could have easily seen this coming you dumb fuck just look at it, it looks like the most generic pixel shit early access garbage I've ever seen in my life, if you didn't see red alarms immediately you are dumb.

Attached: 1554094344085.gif (300x577, 279K)

That and a simple durability system would solve a little part of the problem, punishing the player for exploring is just dumb

Weapons losing durability as you hit things, armor as you get hit, and consumables expiring after some time like in some survival games, but things like that would require a developer that's not a complete incompetent idiot.

D...Day one....
BITFCH

Attached: 1565882574885.jpg (1108x1099, 183K)

The worst part is I can't even see my numbers go up. Them resetting every zone is completely fucking obnoxious and defeats the purpose of the colour difficulties. Where do you even find gear?

Cube World is like the anti Terraria. The Nega-rarria?

Can someone post a webm of what happens when you hangglide into a new zone you don't have the hangglider in?

Pretty much right now fans are either kissing ass (discord) or being pissed or sad (Yea Forums and reddit)
Pick hatebox or hugbox or sadbox bro
All are pretty fucking gay desu
Hiveminds everywhere of every kind

Attached: 1536176792685.png (727x720, 519K)

I waited 1 month for this, I can’t imagine how people feel waiting for 6 years

Attached: D7B36880-3E15-4B7A-B00E-EEC985F7DDEF.png (500x397, 54K)

>cubeworld got the starbound treatment

It's not like people were just going off of blind faith, though. There was a fun, playable alpha that gave a sign of what was to come. It's understandable that people are shocked that the dev chose to walk back so many things since then and add in so many questionable design decisions.

Why you say that, cause terraria was hot garbage in alpha and became a masterpiece, totally opposite from this?

just

If he had have taken two seconds 3 years ago to float these ideas to the community he would not be getting pounded in the ass right now.

Attached: barve.png (132x132, 13K)

>did all the white areas I could find
>got some green gear
>guys in green areas still nuke me
What the fuck am I supposed to do?

it wasnt generic SIX YEARS AGO

Lads. Listen.
Cube World went from being an honest to god good game in its alpha form (although lacking in content, and some things were a bit barebone in general, that was its only real flaw) to being outright dogshit in its beta form with removed content, a shit tier gameplay loop, NO EXP FROM FIGHTING ENEMIES MEANING THERE'S NO POINT IN FIGHTING AT ALL, your gear gets removed when you switch zones

EXPLAIN TO ME
FUCKING E X P L A I N TO ME HOW YOU CAN FUCK UP THIS HARD.
DO IT. FUCKING DO IT ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1568845594829.jpg (828x987, 138K)

if you're going to be a tripfag, at least speak proper english.
filtered.

Who the fuck is wollay?

Tell me now so I can stop playing, do I lose my armour and weapons in new zones?

i dont get it im enjoying it is this just release shitposting or you guys actually hate it

They both started in a lackluster place but terraria turned things around with time and cube world got worse lmao

lol just get a random yellow drop like its not hard dude lol rofl

Just give us alpha with mod support and let the community handle the rest

Attached: wolfram von fuck.png (571x351, 45K)

I hope it's dolphin.

autistic german manchild with ptsd from negative feedback

Worse, Starbound still had something going on for itself, even if it got stuck in dev hell and early acess for a long time, this game has been abbandoned for a long time instead

Woolie won't even do the most basic shit and allow the game to support mods for example.

yes, no point to playing the game, might as well restart everytime you complete a region

Yes you do. There's certain gear you can get which doesn't disappear inbetween zones but its rare.

>tfw i never bought cube world
>tfw i never played it until like a week prior to beta release on a pirated copy
>tfw i'm still mad about this bullshit

Attached: 1522457227859.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

strawpoll.me/18682634/r
state of the game poll

Autistic german dude’s who’s only help is a supportive wife.
>went on suicide watch because his website got ddossed
The writing was on the wall

That's literally what he just said if you comprehended it better

this shit

Attached: discube.png (687x124, 15K)

Starbound has the Fat mod and multiple super robot wars mods so I'd say its the better game through and through.

lmao bunch of cucks

god fucking damn i wish he never did

it also has that interesting vore mod

people like this should be jailed for existing

>clap emojis abused by retards
So predictable

i would unironically have preferred him just fucking off forever and never updating the game

LMAO

Attached: 1557169608905.jpg (960x731, 95K)

>seeing the basic controls is a "not-so-obvious tip"
Good job, Wollay. Now can I have the secret "show reason to keep playing" cheat code?

tfw wollay is such an autistic faggot that he says they dont have mod support because then "the game wont be played as intended"

>Pay like $15 dollarydoos way back
>Have wasted more than that on other stupid shit in recent time
>More mad about the 6 year old $15 thing

It'd be one thing if he released something lackluster, it's something else entirely when he releases something objectively worse.

Thats absolutely retarded. Thanks, back to my backlog

people who actually use dedicated discords for games and e-celebs are always ass licking retards like this who think the subject can do no wrong

where is the discord just so I can see all the fucking fire

grinding xp to silly character levels with hundreds of points in skills was fun, even with the diminishing returns
grinding new gear that you got to keep was fun
these shouldn't have changed

>basic controls for a game is something "you need to find by yourself"

Is this guy mentally challenged?

Man it fucking was
my water mage was super fucking power because they were like, level 200 something and I put nearly every single point into the first healing ability

can't believe Wollay posted cringe

starbound at least has autistic futuristic base building going for it

I'd post the link but Yea Forums thinks its spam. Invite name at the end of the link is cubeworld

discord.gg/cubeworld
here you go, shitpost for eternity.

this right here
in the alpha, even if you went through a whole dungeon and didn't get any gear, your level went up and it didn't feel pointless
even at high levels you'd still get 1-2 levels per dungeon even if they weren't worth much
now if you don't get gear it was a complete waste of time

>starting over every region
>no exp from killing mobs
I feel like any other developer would be able to fix these major problems within a week or two but I know for a fucking fact Wollay is going to have a breakdown and duck out for good, leaving us to pick up the pieces and fix it.

Attached: 1563990847857.png (551x550, 334K)

If he just released the alpha with any needed bug fixes and mod support way back when he might have made way more money by today than what he'll ever get now

I don't regret buying the alpha, i got enough fun time out of it and 15 bucks really isn't a lot.
The whole current situation pisses me off, but not because i wasted my money, but because of the wasted potential of a game that was fun in essence.

Pathetic

Attached: Capture.png (653x205, 28K)

Is this going to be the biggest shitstorm since No Man's Sky?

thanks my fellas

Attached: 18819A4D-172C-478A-897B-CFF6737AD387.png (434x651, 458K)

like what the fuck is this shit, it's like we cant have nice things in this universe

>literally a t(y)ranny
unless this is some 3d bait

DILATE I KNOW YOU ARE READING THE THREAD GO DILATE TRANNY

>one person asking for a link is a raid

>the vore and fatfag shills again
No your mods don't save the game, they are mediocre like the rest of the fetish mods. Hit me up when they get better and also have a good absorption add-on

Attached: 1555603670611.png (500x600, 150K)

At least they will get to see the feedback.

ah yes the hackers known as Yea Forums are making fake reviews as allways. also, go dilate tranny we know you're here

>literal discord tranny on Yea Forums
Fuck me, shitposters are always right.

Attached: 1568625899561.png (1246x762, 43K)

>install beta even with Yea Forums on fire
>got to character create screen
>NPC getting killed in the back
Oh nonono
>House near spawn
>Check it out
>Strong enemies killing shit inside out
Go back
>Check steam forums
>All negative shit is being removed
>Can't find anything to help improve game
Look I don't want to go any further
>Can't level up to get stronger
>Have to bait shit to kill each other
>Get overpowered weapon to drop and kill everything
I really don't like this
>tl;dr German screws shit up again and people from all over the country team up against him

All the comments here a made by -18

>omegalul

Attached: 1544481861097.gif (540x300, 2.84M)

Attached: retard.png (409x99, 12K)

Oh hey there discordtrannies

and?
"im older so my shit opinion is more valuable than urs"
go chew on rocks

As expected.
Fucking scum, bet the faggot who did this won't even dare to post.

i got banned for calling out his horseshit

bunch of retards on that discord

Anywhere to buy / get a key? i want to try out this shitshow

Attached: stocking2.png (1038x1557, 772K)

These are levels of damage control never seen before.

ah yes because people under 18 definitely bought and played that game in 2012 . do like woolay and fuckoff for 6 years

anyone leaked a download?

Ah, but wait, even the + items get nerfed past 10 zones

Wollay is just going to disappear again now isn't he. He'll pop up in several years whining about how us not liking his game gave him another trauma. It's over.

Attached: cf07b8cc92036a2599f81880e4335d36.jpg (530x530, 51K)

I think this is even worse than the launch of NMS. It's disgusting.

AND FUCKING MORE CRYBABIES

Jesus people! The point is to explore the starting area 100% or something and THEN you may continue to the next area. The starting area has so much to do if you would just bother exploring it. The combat isn't bad either. Just get some better equipment by killing white enemies / exploiting NPCs.

Attached: Capture.png (469x82, 10K)

Is there even an endgame? Or is the entire gameplay loop just finding an artifact and moving on to a new area

there were people generating keys earlier have a look around and i bet you''ll find it

Based wollay giving us wait chads 1 week before deciding to buy a trash game. That’s why you don’t buy games that are in alpha, folks!

Attached: A63D1235-B2FF-4F82-8F1C-56C0F23DDE79.png (932x1200, 264K)

based

can someone bake a new pixelshit cope thread pls?

anyone selling a key or download?

Wonderful, someone brought the discord cunts into the thread
Get out

discord tranny spotted
also based

Eat my shit you fucking mongoloid.

based

New

just move here

>100% explore the first area
>Everything resets when you enter the next one

If you don't see a problem with this you're a fucking retard.

Of course it is, it's not like there was a way better version of NMS avaliable for playing before actual NMS released.

This, Minecraft is fun and has enough mods to keep the game fresh for a life time. Just play that.

Attached: 1535889153014.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

Why is the scaling so screwed up? Why don't make it so the % of weaker enemies is higher near spawns and % of strong enemies higher away from spawns. That way you're more inclined to travel further from safety to try and get better rewards and the spawns can help serve as a place to help you get used to combat and level (if it gets added back). Then make dungeons only give better gear the deeper you go down a tier with tougher shit each tier, that way you can still explore shit as well as gamble the risk vs reward.

you cant make this shit up lmao

Attached: literal discord tranny.png (672x245, 31K)

Uhh I dont know if you're asking seriously but I am pretty sure he is actually autistic.

Like, no joke.

Attached: blacksad.png (519x640, 563K)

based

now you know why do they call it "Trigger" anime

when you see it your gender turns 360

All his actions and decisions indicate a not-normal person, yes

>retards
>on discord
no way

Suck my furcock Cube fags. I told yall this game would be shit.

Attached: 1567375067084.jpg (540x468, 40K)

Wolfram said that he would add an option to kill all niggers in game

also most people in that discord are against Wolfram cuz hes jewish

Attached: 1553469207986.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

>that flag
is anyone surprised?

Wollay, if you are such a pussy when a DDOS happens and you get demoralized, just give the source code. Other people would've made the game much better.

Attached: 1566551521486.jpg (1080x1108, 103K)

I like the videogame

Attached: 2478131.jpg (750x847, 120K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yD2FSwTy2lw

simple reminder to click on people's discord name and you will find out how much of a tranny they are

fine go play your dogshit game

>look at me I'm trying to give a benefit of doubt I'm so awesome

I always thought the "discord tranny" thing was a joke...

These kind of people, in all gaming places I go, make me feel anger. You dont need to praise a dev, playing and discussing the game is enough. Sycophants are disgusting.

Attached: 1546043288456.jpg (480x468, 20K)