What is the ideal number of party members in an rpg?

What is the ideal number of party members in an rpg?

Attached: DQXI-D.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Four

Wait, the slime is a new party member?

6+

based and starpilled

depends how many are expendable

2.5 x party size

you can go a bit bigger if you end up using more than one party at a time (e.g. FF6)

This is the correct answer.

Attached: 1568439551462.png (800x400, 107K)

Four.

Three dozen, at least.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1024x768, 223K)

I like 3 for games with a low amount of regular human party members but 4 for monster collecting games

Attached: tripleraid.gif (512x448, 51K)

>old youtube

Attached: Ku's_cry_cute.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

The slime was just a hint that there was an 8th party member they never revealed in promotional material.

Oh yeah, that guy. I forgot he joined you in the end.

Attached: 1525062816410.jpg (1920x1080, 755K)

5 for main party, then double that for back up team/flexibility. 4 is OK, 3 in main party is trash though.

depends. If you have an active party of four with one fixed main character i would expect at least 9 allies. The typical tank, dd, support trinity with at least 2 permutations should be provided.
But the CHAD answer is none, because you play ad a necromancer with unlimited skellyboys.

Persona-like? Each own with it's deep story (not that it got that deep in Persona, it was just an example)? 4 to 6 at maximum
Gameplay-focused? 4 people in combat that you can create and customize on your own, like dungeon crawlers do.
There is literally no reason to premake a character and force it on the player if you're not going to give him/her and interesting story and dialogue.

The amount isnt important as long as its customize able
So many good (j)rpgs are ruined by having to play as a godawful main character or an annoying side character you cant remove
But I prefer 5+

however many slots you have for combat, a group adventure should feel like the entire group is involved

4. Anything more gets annoying to manage, anything less looses out to much on group synergy possibilities.

The perfect amount.

martina is a literal whore