Will it be anything like zoo tycoon? I just want zoo tycoon 3 already

Will it be anything like zoo tycoon? I just want zoo tycoon 3 already...

Attached: header (1).jpg (460x215, 63K)

Wouldn't hold my breath.

Why do you say that?

Well planet coaster and jurassic world evolution weren't that great.

I want a game that's more heavy on the management. I played Planet Coaster and it was more focused around building your attractions than actually managing your park and your finances.

Modern devs are too busy making pretty games than to actually include mechanics of any sort.

It's probably unlikely, considering that Planet Zoo is more focused on the animal's needs rather than the business part of the game.

It fucking hurts. How are they not slam dunks?

tfw there wont be orca in the marine life expansion
tfw we might not even get expansions
feels weird man

I watched that 30 minute trailer and the game looks very very nice. It looks like you can tinker with many many items, decorations and so on.

Animals can get sick, stressed, bored, pools need filters to keep water fresh. The only sucky part is it has denuovo cancer. That alone will keep me away from buying it. Oh well, maybe year after release they will release complete edition without it.

Attached: 1562536682113.jpg (605x605, 114K)

Doesn't Planet Coaster have DLC out the ass?

Play Planet Coaster and you'll get a really good of idea of what it will be like. The park design and management and decoration jazz. Then add in the dinosaurs, dino management, and enclosure bits from JWE (but not the stripped down version of management, see pic).

It's take the best of both worlds and putting them together

Attached: 1538300659555.png (992x558, 307K)

No one can say anything about Planet Zoo right now because they haven't played it. Beta doesn't drop until tomorrow. What we DO know is that it uses the Planet Coaster engine and is part of the 'Planet' universe. Which is PC-only. It only be watered down trash like Jurassic World Evolution. It will be a robust game with infinite possibilities, as to be expected from the 'Planet' universe.

Attached: 1542671389684.png (383x184, 150K)

There was a Zoo Tycoon 3

Attached: 65C8EF3E-197A-460D-A39D-0419A0A329BD.jpg (340x440, 56K)

>It only be
*won't be

Planet Coaster wasn’t that great if you play the game expecting a tycoon game. But the sandbox of the game is arguably the best theme park creator ever made.

I was playing Planet Coaster for about 6 hours last night just to remind myself how the basic mechanics work before the Planet Zoo beta came out. I forgot how amazing that game was. Coaster building/editing still has a steep learning curve. But the things you can build and design (in terms of decoration) is - the possiblities are endless. Everything can be moved, scaled, rotaed with laser precision. The ground be hallowed out and sculpted to create underground grottos with underground lakes and lush foliage lining the cavern walls. Which you can then run a coaster through. It's really pretty fucking impressive.

But sadface at the $100 in DLC. Not sure if that was worth it, but I'm happy knowing I have the complete game at least. Honestly, there won't be another Roller Coaster game that will come anywhere near in the next few decades, so probably money well spent. It's not like an FPS which gets replaced every few years.

Attached: 1560800606559.png (958x548, 133K)

It’s more like a diorama builder than a tycoon game. But I think that was the point to begin with since most people spent more time in sandbox than career mode in the RCT games.

>real world animals
Fucking boring

Were you expecting the polygon diarrhea from Roller Coaster Tycoon 3?

I mean, isn't that how ZT1 and 2 are

>game already has gazelles, hippos and komodo dragons which should be on the base game locked behind the deluxe edition
>yfw individual animal DLC for $5

Attached: 1351376643261.jpg (284x253, 24K)

ZT1 and 2 at least had an incentive for playing campaign by locking certain stuff behind them

No shut the fuck up no there was not that game doesnt exist

>How are they not slam dunks?
The devs didn't put the effort into making them anything other than a solid 7 "good enough" project. They're holding pattern games, they could have gone for more interesting or adventurous ideas but they went for the safe money of a well made buy pretty bland game that wouldn't offend but wouldn't excite.

This, you can build cool shit but that's it.

Jurassic World Evolution was a console game ported to PC. You can't use it as a basis for comparison to what Planet Zoo will be, since it's PC only. The design tools were completely gutted from Jurassic World Evolution. JWE could never dream of competing with the 'Planet' engine that Planet Zoo will have, similar to Planet Coaster.

Attached: 1560021431092.jpg (1920x1080, 701K)

How did you get a photo of my literal worst nightmare

JWE was more of a game than Planet Coaster. It was a barebones management thing but Planet Coaster was a sandbox with an afterthought and these days a DLC engine. If they knuckle down on Zoo and aim high I don't doubt they'll go well but until launch I'm not going to hyping it.

It has everything that Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum had, and then built on top of that. Not sure where exactly your standards are. Just because the park design is top notch, doesn't mean the rest of the game is bad. You can't use a game's strength to say it's weaknesses are bad just because they're not as amazing.

Campaign was bullshit, it was mostly waiting around for numbers to tick up.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I'm saying it's not a good tycoon game since park management is an afterthought.

Given the company's track record, it's going to suck as a game but feel like heaven to all those types who just want to build pretty sand-castles.

People keep saying that, but it just makes me wonder if they actually played the game or not. If you take a coaster, and change a turn or incline, it adjusts the rating of the coaster, which changes what guests are willing to pay, which means you have to fine tune the price. You can also refurbish the coaster to keep its price up, or add more trains/cars. All of which affect the micromanagement of the economy based around the coaster.

Even the food stalls have to be tunes to the perfect g-spot with 10 cents based on its location. And the cost of everything in the park is further fluctuated by the cover charge to the park itself. The decorate you put around a ride also affects the price you can ask for it. If your guests are going broke, you have to add ATMs. And all the guests have needs (hunger, thirst, bathroom, energy, etc) that have to be managed by placing facilities at ideal locations around your park (as well as benches, trash bins, street lights for safety.

Then there's the staff itself which you have to hire, manage their wages, training, workload, and work roster. Not to mention park research for discovering new rides, facilities, and attractions. Do people just forget about all this shit?

There is no lack of management in Planet Coaster.

Attached: 1543733865470.jpg (1920x1080, 440K)

>you can fine tune everything
Yes, and you can also just spam crap everywhere and it still works. You don't need the fine calibrations to do anything other than show a minute difference in profit. End of the day the only people who care about a clonker and a fine tuned engine is the guy tuning the engine.

This is like the dumbfucks that roll into Hitman 2 threads complaining that it's too easy, before disabling all the training wheels or trying the challenge unlocks.

Attached: 1554690006860.png (348x413, 91K)

And if you were getting 3 stars on everything despite using a rocket launcher would you still defend the game as a "stealth game" or would you accept that it's drifted from what it was and now only uses that as a side offer to hardcore fans?

The goal is 5 stars in Hitman, and it's impossible using any lethal means except on the primary target. Plus there's a Master mode that limits you to 1 single save, removes useful items, and adds more guards. And yeah, you have to be fucking good to pull off SO/SA on every level. This isn't some shit where you spam rocket launchers. Just because a newbie can go in and follow the trail markers to easy wins doesn't mean the game itself is easy. It just means the newbie didn't actually try the hard stuff.

Same applies for Planet Coaster. As someone said, most people use it as a sandbox. Jurassic World Evolution was the same way. It had a buffet of challenges on Jurassic difficulty mode. If you look at the Global Achievements - shocking! Less than 5% of players actually tried them. Then they come into Frontier threads and bitch that JWE was too easy.

>being in the 5%
feels good man

Attached: 1555281019287.jpg (562x732, 44K)

It's obvious we're approaching these games from different perspectives and neither are mutually incompatible. I'll drop it because I don't want to argue about a game that isn't out yet because god willing it'll be everything we both want out of it.

Fucking this man. I wish there was an option to have the timed scenarios finish early.

>Less than 5% of players actually tried them.
Try 0.7%

Attached: 1557883835085.png (1394x128, 32K)

Planet Coaster doesn't have achievements for finishing challenges on specific difficulties so it's impossible to say how many did it on the harder difficulties. But this is telling. Pic related. Again, 0.7% actually finished the campaign which does have higher difficulty challenges later on.

Attached: 1552062039531.png (1264x122, 30K)

So there is out there two Zoo Tycoons. What one is the best to start playing?

Thanks downloading now.

Play 1 first like the other user said. 2 is good, but even better with mods