I've never played any of the games in this series

I've never played any of the games in this series.

Which one should I start with as a beginner?

Attached: 250px-Grand_Theft_Auto_logo_series.svg.png (250x201, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYy69qOJWoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

zoom zoom

I think Vice City is a good starting point as it gives you the best overall idea on what the real heart and soul of the series is. Then move onto GTA V to get a taste of the more technical and open world aspects of the series.

GTA 3 - GTA VC - GTA SA - GTA IV
you can skip 5 since it sucks

by the order
gta3, vice city, san andreas, (if you have the consoles or emulators play vice city stories and liberty city stories) then play the gta1,2, london, london expansion and advance.

GTA 3 - GTA VC - GTA SA

>Vice City
>San Andreas
>GTA 4

You may even want to skip Vice City, since San Andreas is an upgrade in every way.

How old are you and how is this possible?

Play all of them in order. Skipping ones and going back later will only make them feel more dated, especially if you go from a game like SA back to 3 or VC where water is instant deatrh.

>skip Vice City
Don’t listen to this retard.

That's retarded. Vice City aged like milk, its practically unplayable especially if you never played it before.

Just play GTA 5 or SA. There is no reason to play the game in order.

Manchild who's mother never weaned him off Nintendo games. Probably bought a Switch and is frightened by games with an age rating higher than 7+

GTA 3 is the best and also a good starting point: good driving physics, shifting between disposable stolen vehicles, arcade styled missions where you are constantly moving through the city traffic, simple objectives with little scripting which you can complete in different ways, the sandbox is obviously more limited compared to later chapters but it is very focused, great atmosphere, original soundtrack made specifically for the game world, very simple but effective story with no cinematic shit attached.
Vice City is just more of the same but less focused, SA is when the series turned into a more cinematic experience aka more focus on shooting during missions, more gimmicks, less fun driving. GTA IV has an impressive physics engine but all the missions follow the same structure and involve shooting some people and driving while other charaters talk, it's only fun if you dick around with the physics but it gets old fast.

Vice City is literally just nostalgia. The 80s setting and your personal enjoyment of it aren't going to mean anything to a zoomer than can play San Andreas first and see its objectively thr better game.

When was the last time you booted Vice City? Its fucking clunky trash and it will put OP off the series forever.

>manchild
I do not believe you're a day over 18.

>skipping the originals

plebs

gta 3 """aged""" worse than vc desu

The original games are basically completely different to III onward and should be considered a different series.

And nobody in their right mind would suggest someone play it to get their GTA fix in 2019

I agree. If we told OP to play either 3 or VC he would hate it and never played GTA again.

Gta 2 is a better starter than VC or 3, but really I would just have him play SA or go straight to 5 because why would you need to play the previous games anyway?

You don't skip GTA games you fucking retards, you play ALL of them. Maybe not in order, you're not going to start with 1+2 but who the FUCK plays videogames and hasn't played every GTA from 3 onwards including the Stories games?

>b-b-b-but GTA3/VC/SA AGED!!!
They didn't age you retards GTA 3 and VC didn't age for shit they have literally the exact same control scheme as GTAV, WASD moves and mouse aims and you click on shit there's nothing clunky about that

fucking ZOOMERS i SWEAR GET THE FUCK OFF MY FUCKING BOARD

When was the last time you booted up GTA3 or VC you fucking autist?

not him but I literally played both last week and they're as good as I remember

2 seconds ago

not him but you're literally lying

>you can skip the first two
>BUT NOT THE ONES I STARTED WITH
You fucking goober

>denial
sad

Funny you would use that word because anyone who tries to claim 3 and VC aren't outdated is objectively in denial.

You start from the beginning.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYy69qOJWoM

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

>y-you're lying!
Who the fuck are you? You don't know SHIT about GTA. You probably play the fucking Steam versions or the PS4 version

Fucking kill yourself

I didn't start with 3, I'm unironically a zoomer who played LCS first in 2005 and worked backwards through the PS2 games and put thousands of hours into SAMP and MTA, thousands of hours into GTA 4 and thousands of hours regrettably into GTA 5

How are they outdated? Give me ONE example. "t-the controls are clunky!" Are they fuck? What's clunky about WASD and mouse, do you have fucking parkinsons?

III. Most of the things that made it good are still good now.

If you get bored of it (the story is a lightest in the series) move on to Vice City, because there are enough improvements and additions to change your mind. Just play them all in order, they're all fantastic games, even the minor missteps like IV are good.

Attached: 93889bcd12e104ec1fc7f87ccfd2e0a5.jpg (1280x1810, 258K)

Every GTA is good, even the spinoffs nobody remembers like Chinatown Wars and London 1969. Only contrarians will say otherwise.

Just play San Andreas and GTA 5.
Vice city is trash. GTA 3 was decent when it launched but now it feels outdated.
GTA 4 has the best story but it runs like ass even on a beast PC. And it runs under 30fps on Xbox 360/ps3. Only get GTA 4 if you play it on an Xbox one.
And I think Rockstar Games is giving away GTA San Andreas for free if you download their launcher on PC. So it’s pretty easy for you to get into. San Andreas is very good. Try that game. And if you like it, move to gta 5

shit taste