BASED

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Is Reportedly Nintendo’s Biggest Launch of 2019 So Far

>Its day 1 sales seem to have surpassed those of Super Mario Maker 2.

>Over on Twitter, known industry insider Benji is reporting that Link’s Awakening’s day 1 sales have surpassed the day 1 sales of Super Mario Maker 2. That in and of itself for multiple reasons. For starters, outselling a Mario game is not an easy task, especially for a top-down Zelda title, which is a remake no less. Benji also reports that Link’s Awakening has become Nintendo’s biggest launch of 2019 so far- though with Pokemon Sword and Shield on the horizon, it probably won’t have that crown for long.

Attached: games-inbox-zelda-links-awakening-reader-reviews-forgotten-batman-video-games-and-bully-2-rumours.jp (1200x630, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZltligVf-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go figure, not only does it not require Nintendo Online but after Breath of the Wild the Zelda hype train for casual consumers is extraordinarily high. Nintendo would be nuts to not remake a few other older titles, you might even see Link to the Past on the menu.

>Link to the Past
Please no that horse has been beaten to death and back

anyone else incredibly disappointed by this news as a switch owner?

Attached: 1410495860251.gif (225x225, 481K)

well LttP hasn't aged well

I don't know why that's surprising.
Switchfags are so desperate for games that they would literally buy anything on that console.

GIVE ME THE FUCKING WWHD AND TPHD COLLECTION ALREADY NINTENDO

says who?

How's the drought treating you friend

Based, I love remakes! I see every Disney live-action remake! Nintendo should remake everything in their library! Fuck new games! Fuck creativity! Just shovel the garbage straight into my mouth!

Why would I be disappointed about a good game selling a lot? I'd much rather a Zelda game sell than Fifa or Ubisoft shit.

>our biggest game of the year is a rehash
2019 everyone

because the biggest game is literally just a remake

At least Ubisoft is making new games, and it's hard to criticize FIFA when you're defending a rehash.

so this is 100% definitive confirmation that you can sell anything as long as it has zelda in the title, huh?
nintendo could sell a bag of dogshit and it would still sell millions as long as it has the zelda logo on it

But it's not that good
Ugly and soulless

>no sales numbers
>high sales according to a tweet
Imagine not caring about the quality of a game, but the sales instead

Is only buy it if I could eat it

It's a censored game.

>taking pride in a Unity indie-tier remake sold for $60 selling well
yikes

>best selling switch game of the year is a port
really says a lot about the system, huh

Is it worth playing if you hated the original and also every top-down Zelda ever made? is it one of those Addams Family things where all the haters have such abnormal shit taste that they though the original LA was good?

Your opinion is wrong and trash
Though the frame rate drops are inexcusable

Couldnt give less a fuck but i'm happy because the Yea Forums shitposters were wrong AGAIN

Attached: ReactionImage_0060.png (206x235, 99K)

yeah another port another victory for the port machine

It could be the best Zelda game ever and Yea Forums would still seethe
>lol it just sells because it says Zelda on the cover!!!! shit game!!!!!

I'm only disappointed that it proves Nintendo was right to have the audacity to price it at $60. Oh well. I'll get it perhaps one day where it may drop in price. Nintendo never seem to get the idea that smaller scale games should not be a full 50 or 60 dollars.

why shouldn't they price it at $60 when their braindead fanbase will buy it anyway

>He s so retarded he doesnt know the difefrence between port and remake
Also the last 4 exclusives Switch games were all new games kiddo

I wouldn't say it's 'aged badly', but it suffers the unfortunate consequences of doing nothing extraordinarily well that wasn't done far better by the other Zelda games released in the decades before and after it.

It's the iconic game that established the series conventions afterwards, but lacks what I'd call 'oomth'. There's not the same "fuck you, you are now thrust into an unknown, dangerous world you must explore and survive in" of the NES games. And there isn't the same level of atmosphere, quests, puzzle design or worldbuilding of the games that came after in it.

It's kind of just stuck in the middle doing neither side that well.

someone post the picture
you know the one

Yea Forums BTFO
B
T
F
O

it's mostly the same games from nintendo over and over again
every single time the almost identical smash brothers, animal crossing, pokemon etc.

Not as disappointed as you'll be when Pokemon Sword/Shield outsells it

>Nintendo’s Biggest Launch of 2019 So Far
it's not hard when it's the only game they've released this year
and it's a shitty demake instead of a new game

BOTW had a much bigger impact on Zelda's overall visibility than I gave credit for it seems.

Attached: 1564830768519.png (600x740, 191K)

>DeamonxMachina
>Mario Maker
>Fire Emblem Three Houses
You retarded chump?
Also nice to see that you are already moving the goalpost here lmao

So we're ignoring mario maker, fire emblem, astral chain and soon to come luigi's mansion and pokemon cut and purge?

Attached: 1569042832744.gif (300x250, 31K)

no, I said mostly, besides mario maker is a rehash
weeb games are horrible garbage without exception

So all sequels are rehashes?

yes when do barely anything different

Yeah, it's a lazy fucking remake. Not even gonna pirate it.

>doesn't count
Got it.

good, I'd count it as a rehash though

Fuck yeah it has

Of course. I mean just look at smash ultimate
People who said this crap were stupid then and even more so now

Attached: kirby and kazooie.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

yeah
imagine, as an owner of a console, being fucking happy that a port sells more than actual games
is this what they call cuckoldry?

fighting games especially are the biggest rehash scheme there is, it's fifa tier rehashing

it's what they call valuable IP

selling out hardcore in one franchise allows them the freedom to invest in other smaller franchises

here's hoping some of those links awakening bucks go to prime 4

To everyone saying it’s just a remake,There’s a ton to improve on with the original. So much so that it’s links awakening dx felt like a bit of a chore to do on a few parts

>Remakes are now ports
>Ports arent games now
Wow the mental gymnastics people do here to justify posting bullshit is quite astonishing

yeah they neutered it by removing enemies for example

stop replying to me faggot

It's only bad when Nintendo has ports and remakes

not him but yeah remakes and ports are equally stupid, I'd take new games any day over old games

this but unironically
nintendo are the only ones who release ports for $60 and market them like they're new (most of their audience is

You had new games on the Switch :
Astral Chain
DeamonXMachina
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Mario Maker 2
Now Luigis Mansion 3 is coming out.
No ports no remakes

for example that spyro remake with three games in one wasn't 60 bucks and seemed to be a way larger scale project, though I didn't find it to be worth playing as I have the originals and having muh different graphics doesn't make it more enjoyable (the game's are piss easy)

yeah I take new games over ports any day...

>Astral Chain
not nintendo
>DeamonXMachina
not nintendo
>Fire Emblem: Three Houses
rehash
>Mario Maker 2
port
>Luigis Mansion 3
rehash

literally 0 new games

Everyone in this thread is disappointed they can’t play it.

Everyone will call it shit until it can be played on PC just like with BoTW or Mario Odyssey.

>astral chain
>not nintendo

Attached: 1566296646663.jpg (1016x1200, 651K)

Attached: Bait 023.png (927x885, 18K)

This. Whenever someone criticizes any exclusive game, it's because they're poor and can't play it.
You know how every thread about death stranding is full of people yelling "LOL MOVIE GAME"? Nintendo fanboys. Every single one of them. Exactly 0 legitimate criticism.

most nintendo games are too easy

I must be in /f/arming with all these straw men everywhere

criticism of those two games on Yea Forums didn't stop when they became playable on pc though

It's funny that their biggest game is a souless remake with nothing new added to it.

Yes I own a Switch

Doesn't matter when all you read was "lol who wants to play kiddie games" and then proceeds to play it anyway

Are we going to act surprised when Pokémon sells like hotcakes too?

Of course since it's a Nintendo game

fanboys will spam threads about it because as always they care more about sales numbers than the actual quality of the games, but nobody will be surprised. nintendo exclusives always sell millions no matter how bad they are.

List all the remakes this game had since it's release in the 90s.

*angry dry roach sounds in the distance*

Attached: non nintendo gaming in 2019.jpg (729x425, 27K)

You keep saying this meme every month, sometimes every week a new game comes out. Aren't you tired after two years? Maybe it's time to stop? Maybe Switch has games and you're just angry?

>switch
>new game
heh

Says more about 2019 than it does about Links Awakening.

The Switch had a great launch year with AAA games like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. Renewed experiences like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2. Even some innovative smaller projects like Arms and Mario Versus Rabbids.

Every other year has been disappointing.

It's a Gamefreak game. Nintendo doesn't touch the development at all.

suck my dick faggot
it's a shitty overpriced port and if you're genuinely happy that this is selling well, you are a retarded bootlicker and need to fuck off back to r.eddit

Attached: IMG_20190923_103316.jpg (3024x4032, 2.74M)

Still published by Nintendo

or because death stranding is a walking piss simulator that looks boring as fuck to play. it might have an interesting(?) story, but i'll just watch a synopsis on youtube rather than hold the joystick forward for 20 hours.

No, 2019 has been great since June with Mario Maker. I wish the first half was good too but there were few games and some were disappointing too (Yoshi's Crafted World).

dunno about that but on the other hand shit like the game in the OP are piss easy so they're not suitable for wicked cool hardcore gamers such as myself

Get a job.

kinda need one for all the new games that came out on the switch within the last two months :)

>played for 20 minutes and got stuck in the forest
It's okay, user. There's always gamefaqs. Don't be upset and take it out on us.

>you can't criticize the game, you're just a fanboy and can't even play it
>ok here's a pic of me playing the game
>you can't criticize the game, you didn't play it long enough

please PLEASE kill yourself

Yes

Attached: 1563803423421.jpg (1024x512, 81K)

Why did you buy it then, retard? You knew what it was.

I didn't buy it, I pirated it.

Piratefags don't get the right to complain about anything.

>you can't criticize the game, you're just jelly cuz you can't play it
>yes I can, here's me playing it
>NOOO YOU CANT PLAY IT THAT WAY IT'S NOT FAIR REEE BE A GOOD GOY LIKE THE REST OF US

this cope is getting out of control

Why do you even feel a NEED to criticize it if your own mentality apparently is that people should play what they feel like at not pay for it or dedicate much of any effort anyway?

>shitty
>overpriced
>port

You'd have to be a right tool to genuinely argue all three of these though.

because it deserves to be criticized? why else?

hating on popular things doesn't make you smart, ya know, and it ain't gonna score ya any chicks

That's valid. I'm just not sure your opinion matters to anyone.

you're here replying to my opinion so obviously it matters to you

How was this retarded puzzle handled in the remake?
Is the clue still as retarded as in the original?

Attached: zla.jpg (240x210, 16K)

Nah.

okay then
I'm sure you can convince me that you totally don't care by replying to me more
go on, do it again

If the players are still as retarded, then I guess it's still as big an issue as back then.

Okay. I'm sure you will think that this means you somehow win, and that your opinion about this game is now important to me.

>this means you somehow win, and that your opinion about this game is now important to me.
now you're getting it

Great game sells well.
>I sure hope they stop releasing more great games to my popular console.

it's not a great game though, it's a shit port

>Why yes, I pay $60+tip for 8 hours of gameplay, how could you tell?

Attached: 1559813603566.png (380x467, 26K)

Instead of calling the enemies by name (Pols Voice and Stalfos), the statue describes their features by telling you the big-eared enemy must fall first and the skeleton warrior last.

Am I though?
Because I don't think we're talking about Link's Awakening anymore.

Only difficulty is knowing the enemy names. Getting into the Colour Dungeon is more perverse.

thanks, that's definitely better

Isn't Benji the retard who damage controlled Control by saying it beat Astra Chain's sales, when that wasn't true literally everywhere in the world?

They need to do an original 2D Zelda instead. We haven't got one since Minish Cap in 2004.

Attached: 1533505406824.jpg (650x793, 38K)

>3 hearts
>Mysterious forest
"it's a shitty overpriced port"
Other than the mediocre perfomance and Dampe's tedious challenge dungeons I have no complaints, got all seashells and heart pieces yesterday. There are some smart quality of life decisions, some neat additional content and the artstyle is in keeping with the original games. It's the definitive version of Link's Awakening, enjoy your (You).

>a remake of a GB is the Switch biggest opening of the year so far
That's pretty sad given stuff like Astral Chain are miles better

Attached: 1337988712837.png (500x375, 184K)

The DS games

LA is GOAT and always has been. Still gonna wait until they patch it

Is it though?
And even if it was, perhaps its appeal just isn't as wide.

More like only launch of 2019. What other games have they even released this year other than a Mario Maker rehash with dogshit online?

Yes because there's better and actually new games on the Switch this year and people flock to a fucking full price remake

Patch what?
It's aged perfectly well.

>Big name franchise which prints guaranteed money sells more than a new franchise made for a niche audience
Imagine my shock

Zelda is one of the best-selling franchises in the medium. Astral Chain sounds like it was a big success according to Platinum anyway.

there's aLBW which is better than a remake

Half of the fun of 2D games is exploring the overworld, which the DS games ruined.

Astral Chain topped the charts in the UK on release, from what I heard. dunno about elsewhere

It was the tenth best-selling game in the US in August despite having only two days of sales counted. As for actual worldwide sales numbers (including digital and vouchers), Nintendo will disclose them at the end of October.

Think they'll start reporting on digital sales?

You mad because you dont have anything to play on the ClimateChange station?

You mean how FF7 Remake is a souless remake with everything changed about the original?

Fools and their money are easily parted.

Nintendo knows how to milk that nincel for all his money's worth. Based bois unite.

thats more of statment how mario maker 2 sold like shit

I'll get right on that, Cap'n.

How the fuck was Yea Forums even wrong?
Yea Forums predicted that it was going to be a shit overpriced remake that will still sell millions because it has zelda on the title
We got an overpriced remake that sold millions because it had zelda on the title

The game is a masterpiece solely because it's Link's Awakening, the remake is absolutely worthless otherwise

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everything popular sucks, all classic games have "aged poorly", you're a retarded faggot, etc. Take you (you) and go be retarded elsewhere.

Why are people paying $60 for a gameboy game in 2019? Why not just buy a bootleg handheld like the soulja and play the entire gameboy library at a much cheaper price?

>hurrrrr graphics don't matter
>*switchfags proceed to buy a game solely because of the graphics*

oh nononononononono
DX>remake

Triforce heroes exists, you know

That game was released during the full retard nintendo era, where shit like federation force, 2D pikmin and fucking color splash were getting released. Reviewers were just tired of nintendo's bullshit at that time

>user is implying the more primitive games like Link's Awakening aged better.
>Somehow this means they think that all classics are shit.
I hate retards like you who have to assume everything is about Reddit Gold.

I fell for that meme.
What a bad game.

>zoomers hate classic games
>unless they have a $60 pricetag and got exclusively released on their console of choice

why are zoomers like this?

Imagine thinking quantity > quality. Pic related is a fantastic game even though it's short as fuck. Using the "it has X amount of hours that means it's good" is the reason why AAA devs pad the fuck out of their games with grinding or repetitive bullshit

Attached: MGR.jpg (460x215, 47K)

Bring all of the 3DS and Wii U Zeldas to Switch already

This, I hate long games.
Give me a good short game I want to replay.

Fuck Link to the past we need the oracle games since it's almost the exact same engine.

old game bad
new game good, even if it's just old game with a new coat of paint
that is the logic of the zoomer

Actually the biggest launch of 2019 for Nintendo was Three Houses so I just know you made all this bullshit up

A link between worlds?

Anyone gonna explain this one to me?

Attached: Marin Comparison.jpg (2624x1208, 511K)

DELET

Attached: 1546184705493.jpg (750x571, 73K)

>Nintendo would be nuts to not remake a few other older titles

I unironically think a modern remake of the 2nd game would be p. cool.

Attached: zelda2[1].jpg (400x309, 50K)

Pretty much, long games are almost always only long because they are repetetive beyond belief or whatever content it has is uninspired

I'd be up for it if it was basically a Dark Souls clone.

I'm fucking loving LA, I think Three Houses is my favorite Switch game this year though

Don't a lot of people regard it as a bad game? I played it through for the first time a year or 2 ago and actually had a decent amount of fun. Only bullshit was the final dungeon which was like a endurance gauntlet mixed with a maze

>AC is not Nintendo
>Calling Three Houses a rehash somehow
>Faggots starting to call every sequel that Nintendo is making to games on other systems ports despite having a modified or new engine
>Luigi's Mansion 3 is a rehash of....the first game??? Also forgetting that basedboys whined constantly about the mission structure in 2 and wanted things to return to the original's way
Get better bait newfag

Attached: Jevil bait.png (625x626, 1.5M)

People criticise it for not being "Zelda" like Breath of the Wild. Even though when II came out no real precident had been set, which is why I think people who played it on release enjoyed it more.
It's a bit difficult and has some genuine bullshit like finding that random guy hidden in an unmarked location in the swamp in order to proceed with the game.

>tutorial area
LMAO

>Over on Twitter, known industry insider
Stopped reading there.

>FIFA
>Not a rehash

Attached: Sneed 1.jpg (300x300, 18K)

It proves you didn't play it. You borrowed your dad's consoles and started a new game for the picture and didn't save so he doesn't beat the shit out of your underaged ass later.

The original had some bullshit like that too. Like, "burn this random as fuck bush here"

It's around 14 hours you mong, stop using twittershit reaction images

And Zelda 1 is also a bad game.

I think it was because of the nature of games back then. This is pre-internet and where kids would talk about game secrets at school, so part of the "game" was the social aspect of it. Well that, and so they could sell Nintendo Power magazines

I don't see why people are so mad about this. Link's Awakening has always been a fan favorite, it's great to see it get another shot of life. The QoL improvements alone make it worth replaying. I don't think people remember what a pain in the ass it was to have to switch items every 5 seconds, and being able to always have your sword, shield, bracelet, flippers and boots on is a big improvement.

Attached: tenor (8).gif (360x192, 1.61M)

>so part of the "game" was the social aspect of it.
Not in the slightest.
>Well that, and so they could sell Nintendo Power magazines
This.
And so they could charge you by the minute for calling their hints hotline.

I love LA, but one small thing that drove me insane was when you accidentally walked up to a rock or pot or whatever and had this massive textbox come up saying "HEY FUCKER YOU CAN'T LIFT THAT YET YOU NEED TO GET THE ITEM SO THAT YOU CAN LIFT THAT. YOU DON'T HAVE THE ITEM YET SO THAT SUCKS, BUT IN THE MEANTIME WE'LL TELL YOU THAT YOU'RE TOO MUCH OF A WEAK BITCH TO LIFT THIS ITEM"

>they remake the Capcom Zeldas
Imagine

Attached: 1498942628308.jpg (606x580, 59K)

Link's Awakening has always been shit. One of the most forgettable nuggets of crap on the gameboy. Play Gargoyle's Quest instead. Now that's a fucking game.

>original

I would argue that the more interesting use of a remake, instead of giving a good old game a facelift, is to reexamine the good intentions of a game that didn't quite stick the landing and give it a proper second chance. I love remakes like Ys: the Oath in Felghana because they give a bad game in an otherwise great series a chance to stand tall with the rest of the canon

Still, it only took that one kid to nag his mom to buy him a magazine or accumulate way too much money on her credit card, and then he could tell other kids and word would spread

It takes like 8 you fucking idiot. It only takes 14 if:

1. You're retarded and get stuck in dungeons (for people that played the original superior game, this problem is nonexistant)
2. You're retarded and wander like a retard in the overworld wasting a lot of time (grandpa Ulrira tells you where to go next by the way, no need to inflate your playtime farming for worthless rupees and doing the one single sidequest that the game has to offer since the photo sidequest is now gone)
3. You're playing on hero mode and keep dying like a faggot or probably due to the shitty analog controls and weird hitboxes
4. You decided to start exploring the shit out of the map before getting the hookshot which is needed in most of the small caves and the warp song which eliminates a huge amount of backtracking

Replay the game now that you know what to do. You'll cut your time by half really easily

It's absolutely replaced the original LA for me. Some of the sound effects are worse, but that's the only real criticism I have for it. The game looks absolutely mesmerizing in motion, especially when you're walking around the north parts of the map with lots of height variation in the terrain

Don't forgot the ghost that reminds you every second to take him home.

>the game is shorter on a repeat playthrough
No fucking shit dude

>he didn't play the original game before
Based zoomer
Since you're in the mood to play 20 year old games, I recommend that you play the two oracle games next. They're really similar to Link's Awakening. Unless you're waiting to pay $60 for a shit remake again of course

>Link's Awakening has always been a fan favorite, it's great to see it get another shot of life.

The Link's Awakening Remake has honestly been everything I've wanted out of it.
It looks fucking beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing, I love the character and enemy designs, don't even get me started on the house interiors, and the changes they made weren't invasive... Most of them anyway: I DO miss the gallery, camera store, and it's sidequest.

Have any of you guys listened to the Vocal cover of the Ballad of the Wind Fish?
youtube.com/watch?v=lZltligVf-I

It's making me have a long hard think about Marin and what exactly she means within the dream world. It feels like on some subconscious level she's become self-aware through Link's memory or attachment of her or something and it's mucking up with the purpose of her creation: to ensure an idyllic island paradise so noone stirs up any shit and wakes up the Windfish.

The game came out in 1994, even if people have beaten it before they probably don't remember much about the sequence of a play through. The last time I played it was when it re released on 3ds like 8 years ago, I don't recall shit.

Attached: 1567270091161.png (480x750, 250K)

Why would anyone see this negatively? The only reason I can think of is someone wanting to bash the switch. I have a switch, ps4 pro, Xbox one x, and a pc. The Xbox is the only one withstanding kind of useless because there are no non-pc shared exclusives that I care about. But even then I bought rdr2 on the Xbox since it looked and performed better than on the PS4 pro. This remake is really fun too and if you think it’s “just” a remake then I’d advise you to play it.

Link's Awakening on the original GB is the first game I ever finished lol I don't understand what you're even trying to articulate

Link looks so cute and adorable in the intro. I was hoping he'd look like that in-game

Ok Yea Forums, suppose you were transported to a dream world island. Would you leave there by waking up a big ass whale, never to return, or would you stay? No internet, no video games, no previous life, but you get to stay on a comfy island with people that like you. Which would you pick?

Attached: 1547612328650.gif (220x230, 1.18M)

We are reaching peak contrarianism. What a bunch of hipsters you are.

I would probably stay since there's nothing for me out there

But you have your friends on Yea Forums user :3

Attached: frens till the end.jpg (487x316, 15K)

I guess I would stay, Koholint seems a nice place to stay.

>Yea Forums celebrates lazy overpriced remakes succeeding just because LE EPIC SALT XD

Attached: 1479338164370.gif (258x206, 2.56M)

Jesus christ how embarassing. Is Switch really struggling for games so hard that people bought a remake of an old game but all the characters are pop figures?

Attached: 1564685599499.jpg (1280x964, 340K)

Luv u 2 user uwu

Attached: 1561405696116.gif (130x122, 136K)

Capcom Zelda collection when?

I came to this place for the quality discussions, verbi grati, posts like these.

I think one of my favorite new features is the expanded Seashell quest. The new shells feel more like korok puzzles, and they have the same effect of having just enough novelty to spice up what in the original game was a lot of uneventful backtracking

Pretty sure everyone agrees that 60 burgers is too much for it

>this tired old meme
>again
heh

I like those too, but I question the decision to give you the level 2 sword at 40 shells and a chamber dungeon piece as the final reward since it's really underwhelming. I liked having the sword a little earlier but they could've given you a new powerup at the end or something.

I also liked having many more heart pieces, playing in hero mode really makes the health valuable.

>what is taking time to experience a game and seeing how everything looks in the remake
>what is messing around in the game
The speedrun is fucking 5 hours, I doubt it's only gonna be only 3 hours longer you fucking spastic. I don't even have the game, I played the original and agree that the new pricing is bullshit.

Attached: Luigi phone.jpg (750x742, 46K)

>Game has good sales.
>Yea Forums is inmensely distressed by the news.
Never change, retards.

money taints everything
videogames should be purchased with ears of corn

The game was pretty fun when i was a kid , but 60$ for a remake its just stupid

Hey Weegee, ready to dethrone Link's Awakening's record with your new game next month and then inevitably lose it two weeks later when Pokémon hits?

I know an engine rehash game wouldn't be much better but I am still fucking astonished that we've heard nothing about a Super Mario Odyssey followup yet. It sold like goddamn hotcakes to the point of becoming the best selling 3D Mario game, yet not a peep.
No because you have lots of faggots endlessly moaning about "poorfags" as a defense for this game.

>once again normies buy a shit game
>people are distressed by it because it is encouraging them to make shit games
WOW GUYS HOW DARE YOU WANT GOOD GAMES TO BE MADE

>200 replies
>Nobody has figured out it's because it launched the same day as new hardware

Yeah I agree with that. The chamber addition would be great but I don't particularly care for the dungeon editor so it would have been nice to get something different to cap off the end of a long side quest

They had to move the goalposts once it turned out that the game turned out to be an excellent remake

>Benji
As far as I can tell, he's self proclaimed and has no credibility whatsoever.

You need an explanation in a change of style? Should someone also explain to you why the opening part of Link's Awakening, both on GB and the Switch, look different than the game itself?

Ive historically wished I knew the % of people who buy remakes and remasters, just how many are playing for the first time or second.

Pic unrelated

Attached: 1568788288887.jpg (990x1189, 89K)

You bet your ass I am, already preordered it. I'm so excited you have no idea, I'm genuinely happy that it's looking as good as it is.

Attached: GIF Luigi 2.gif (200x200, 28K)

>A remake of a 20 year old game that costs twice the price of the original is one of the best selling games of the year
We live in a clown world.

I'm guilty of being such a Zelda drone I have every remake and HD remaster on top of the original games. I don't do it with any other franchise.

Why shouldn’t I just play this on my game boy for far cheaper?

Holy shit, corporate boot kickers are pathetic.

nobody's stopping you, i hope you have fun!

Why are retards paying $60 for a 25 year old game?

Ocarina of Time 3D

Because they want to play it

But you ca play it without spending $60

Yes, and I can also play the remake because I bought it and wanted to play it

>3 full games greatly remastered with cutler nice looking visuals
>only $40 when each game cost $50 on launch individually
>Yet faggots are ok with spending $60 for a visual upgrade to a 25 year old game that retailed for only $30

Forgot pic. Why are faggots not buying this instead?

Attached: 779E0FA9-27E3-4356-83D8-19AE5125D99A.png (300x201, 146K)

Why are you spending $60 for a 25 year old game you could have got for a 10th the price?

Because I care about Link's Awakening and I don't care about Spyro

I got both.

Because I love Link's Awakening and replay it regularly and I wanted the new version of it so I bought it

>I’m an underage retard that doesn’t own the game boy version so I will spend $60 for an uglier version
So you are a cuck

Not as disappointed I am in you for false flagging.

Xenoblade 2 BTFO'd once again

Attached: 1541478421041.jpg (150x150, 7K)

You paid money to replay a game you already own but for the added bonus of uglier visuals?

>reading comprehension
FIFA is a rehash. So is Link's Awakening on Switch. He made a comparison.

I own the game boy version on cartridge and also 3DS virtual console

This is literally because it was released on the same day as the Switch Mini. Just like how BOTW was the switch's launch seller, people are bundling this game with their switch mini purchase.
I can see BOTW2 coming out on the same day as a Switch Pro for this reason.

I wanted to switch all items using the four face buttons and two R buttons.

So you're saying if you keep beating a dead horse long enough it comes back to life?
That explains a lot about this place.

Don't worry. It's going to soon be vastly surpassed by Pokémon Sword/Shield:
>a game that massively reuses 3DS era assets, yet can't even be bothered to even bring nearly all of it back
>a game whose marketing has been marred with developers/directors blatantly lying multiple times about why they've cut out so much content
>a game that still has the absolute balls to split content across two versions despite them now costing $60 each instead of $40
It will absolutely sell like hotcakes. Best part is, the fans actively defend and WISH for lazy content and deception, just to spite the mean old stinky jerkface critics. And they're going to become quite a major part of the vocal portion of Nintendo fans, too. Gee, the future of the Switch sure looks amazing, huh?

Attached: thestateofpokefags.jpg (1080x1380, 198K)

Uglier is subjective. I really enjoy the new art and music, and also the revised control scheme and qol improvements, so I bought the game. You are free to not buy the game if you wish

No. I hope this pushes Nintendo to remake the Oracle games too. Hopefully even in the same artstyle, I love that toysie look.

Buys a nice thing with own money, enjoys and appreciates said nice thing. Boy, that sure was a nice thing. What is there to get upset about user?

>No. I hope this pushes Nintendo to remake the Oracle games too. Hopefully even in the same artstyle, I love that toysie look.

Attached: 1561162676331.jpg (700x734, 80K)

>I enjoy the shit visuals
Because your faggotry will ensure that other kike companies will try the same kike tricks.

>could literally buy the game on virtual console for $3
>BUT I WILL BUY IT FOR $60 INSTEAD
The Jews were right, got are just animals dressed to look human.

I thought the toy style was only acceptable for LA because DURR TOYS IS DREAMS. Now how do you reconcile that style with the Oracles? It's going to be fun watching fanboys justify that shit because it means we'll get to see them HAVE to change their defensive argument on the fly. Which will expose just how insincere the love of this art style is.

If astral chain had run at 60fps it would be taking the top spot.

I enjoy the art style for its own sake, it feels like walking around a living diorama. I don't really pay much mind to the narrative justification or lack thereof

You asked me a question, I answered. You're obviously free to disagree with my choices but I'm personally satisfied with them. I hope you have a nice day

>more than FE
>more than DxM
>more than astral chain
Holy shit. How will animefags ever revover?

I wouldn't want to remove everyone from existence. But if I got to fulfill a cute girls dream of becoming a seagull, maybe.

ok cool, now patch the shitty framerate issues when moving between areas, in the swamp and in the cemetery.

So, what's everyone's favorite detail of the game? I really liked Link's Expression in certain scenes.

>The one with Madam MeowMeow
>the fishing mini game
>every time he falls

Rent free.

Definitely the pegasus boots windup

Spyro is for scalefaggots

Didnt it get like an 88 on metacritic?
Not that review scores mean shit but dont zelda games automatically get 95+? Doesnt that make it shit?

Maybe I just don’t remember from the gameboy but the fishing mini game feels harder than I remember. What the fuck am I doing wrong? because if I mash while the fish is fighting I lose it but if I don’t mash when the fish is fighting sometimes I also lose it. I don’t get it. I’m assuming you get some shit for catching the monster huge fish or the cheep cheep

This pic is enough to send half of Yea Forums into frothing rage.

Attached: 2019-09-23 16.49.03.jpg (4000x2250, 1.56M)

>Posts everything except what she actually looked like

Attached: 3179710.png (150x128, 438)

t. brainlet

is there an animated one?

To be fair they did admit they remade the game to test the waters for new developers at Grezzo. Though Its still disappointing to see a test game sell so well compared to game that's been worked on for years to not reach the same levels of sells.

Just google it

Attached: tumblr_m4excsCDzI1qh9dbgo1_500.gif (500x263, 202K)

Whatever else is going on, at least we can all agree that Game Freak is a bunch of fucking hacks that dont deserve a scrap of the money they make

$60 game.

Attached: awakenlink.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Nintendofags BTFO.

Seethe

Attached: 1567705253805.jpg (557x490, 30K)

bullshit. more like it strikes a good balance. I think it does it better than the games on either side of it.

the exploration, the items, the atmosphere, the non-linearity, the dungeons are all great. It's not diluted because other ones aped it afterwards, and it still has enough of its own identity.

keep crying falseflagging snoy

Attached: 1462731327176.jpg (558x845, 215K)

Marin is cute in any version.

Attached: 47755788.jpg (2308x1156, 503K)

Good game but this damn frame drops really irk me... Had to stop cause it was bad in the swamp

Attached: bobby_hill_joins_real_madrid.gif (350x264, 1010K)

We, on Yea Forums? Probably an easy agreement, yeah. But as you can see on that screencap, Pokefags are now genuinely encouraging Game Freak to be horrible lying lazy fucks.
>you're harassing the devs by asking for the Dex
>we don't deserve the National Dex
>Pokémon doesn't deserve us as fans
>#PokePositivity
My inner Dale Gribble thinks there's a small chance that this pushback against critical fans and having an actual movement to explicitly excuse and praise laziness started as a corporate plant from Nintendo or TPC.

Why? I just didnt buy it but Im happy zoomers will know about LA

What a weak year for Nintendo

You act like Spyro remake didn't also caused a massive amount of butthurt here in Yea Forums.

because spyro was never good

>Weegee AND Pokemon still pending
What as absolute ride 2019 has been.

>m-muh game would've sold better if it had more frames

This remake ran like absolute horse shit and still outsold astral chain. The average normie consumer doesn't give a shit about framerates.

yes that is correct albw is original

>the best zelda ever made gets a fresh remake
>wtf high sales?!

But it's too expensive!!!
B-but it's only 4 hours long!!!1

Attached: 1547878308544.png (792x691, 342K)

It's called "soul" you newqueer

>We will never get a port of PH or ST, let alone a dual-remake that fixes some of their issues
>Zelda hopping on the collection train with Link/Tink collections never ever
>Probably going to get jack shit other than spinoffs until BoTW2 hits, and still nothing for a while after that

Attached: 1548536749192.jpg (1333x1579, 88K)

This guy FUCKS