Is this the most forgotten Zelda of all time?

Is this the most forgotten Zelda of all time?

Attached: 91kd81PGCUL._SY606_.jpg (431x606, 65K)

No way
That would have to be Oracle of ages/seasons

No that's the third CD-I game that doesn't even have the meme cartoons. No one gives a shit about that one

I never really see anyone bring up Minish Cap either.

It's definitely the worst made by nintendo.

Nah, probably the DS games. I never see those brought up.

The most forgotten modern one by far for sure

No, that title goes to BS Zelda and Ancient Stone Tablets.

from the 3D zeldas, yeah definitely
from the entire series (excluding CDIs), probably something like Four Swords

and thats a good thing zoomers out

*ahem*

Triforce Heroes. That is all.

No, that's your favorite Zelda

for 2d yeah

I liked it :(
I never had any controller issues with it. Only parts I hated were the silent realm shit and the fights with that jelly bean toed faggot

The DS Zeldas are always brought up as worst mainline Zelda contenders.

i never brought myself to finish it

Not that user but I finished it twice. Replayed it for Hero Mode.

I played it at a time where I actually cared to complete games. If I played it now, I definitely wouldn't have bothered. So there's that.

It's a double edged sword
I'd trade my left nut for a remake of both

Was this game really that bad? I skipped it because I had no Wii, and emulating is out of the question because I'm not going to buy a wagglan' controller just for one game that already has a bad reputation.

I fucking hated Phantom Hourglass and yet somehow I brought myself to finish it. I absolutely hate those tower sections even to this day.

It's not bad it's mediocre for a Zelda

It's a decent action adventure game in its own right, it just underwhelms as a Zelda. Still not my least favorite 3D entry personally but I get why it has the reputation it does as some of its ideas don't quite pan out right. Even so, it still is a 3D Zelda and still has its flashes of brilliance, you just REALLY have to take the bad with the good on it.

the best ones for handheld, pity
the best one for handheld, that blows
the best ones for handheld.....

This is the best Zelda game I will never play again.

fuck you

search your feelings, you know it to be true

The only other 3D Zeldas I played were WW and TP and I liked it more than both. It's the only one that felt like it wasn't full of empty space and had actual useful stuff to find if you went looking. The other two games didn't give me anything aside from more health.

Still, the motion controls for the sword sucked a horse dick and I hope the game gets ported and somewhat redesigned to eventually work without them

No, the handheld games have always been far more overlooked than the console ones, minus A Link Between Worlds

it required a pointless peripheral that can't be emulated

i hear skyward sword has the best dungeons in the series, can you confirm?

Like I said, I haven't played all or even most of the games and it's hard to judge even for what I have played because SS actually does not have much in the way of dungeons. I remember the overworld areas a lot more. If the wrecked sand ship counts as a dungeon though, it was probably my favorite one of any Zelda game I've played

It's good. The motion controls worked on my machine, the music is good, and the dungeons are fun, but the bosses are repetitive and there is a lot of annoying filler, like the longass intro and the fetchquests.

Not that user but it has some very good ones, arguably top tier, but I wouldn't call it as consistent as TP or OoT. I'd say it's a solid 3rd place to those as far as 3D entries go and it definitely does have appeals to those who prefer to play Zelda for the dungeons. Hell, its biggest gimmick, even moreso than the waggling, is that the overworld regions now function more like extended dungeon sections compared to the more open overworlds of Zeldas past. Had it had a more consistently good execution, I would call it a Zelda dungeonfag's dream. As it stands, high highs and low lows.

It definitely has two of the best boss fights in the entire series
...and one of the worst ones

the game is the peripheral

hence the problem

Yup.

/thread

I fucking hate 3D Zelda in general
gimme more top down shit. ALBW was amazing

I'm replaying skyward sword and it has a few issues but I am genuinely having fun playing it, for what that's worth

Four Swords (Adventures) and Triforce Heroes. Being multiplayer Zelda is suffering.

This

Link between worlds is.

The wagglan is cool but it gets boring after a while. Art, music, dungeons and plot are 10/10. It has many flaws tho, like the Skyworld exploration is a fucking chore (like Wind Waker's sailing but longer, boring and empty) and you need to beat the same boss like 5 times. It's worth giving it a shot anyway.

Now that I think about it, this game desperately needs a remaster. I know it's pretty recent but it feels like a great game weighted down by its flaws.

How? They even added ALBW content in BOTW and Hyrule Warriors.

I'm pretty sure at this point games even more recent than Skyward Sword has already received a remaster.
But, both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess got their remasters after they had turned 10+ years old, so I wouldn't expect a Skyward Sword remaster earlier than 2021.

>Four Swords (Adventures)
This is the correct answer. And it's a shame because that game is good.

>all these niggers itt that haven't played Kolokotos' boss battle or the Ship Dungeon

no

Attached: 4948.jpg (342x308, 44K)

that would be this gem

Attached: dc6[1].jpg (945x925, 153K)

That's not a Zelda game. And Tingle's Ripened Balloon Trip of Love isn't one either.

I never finished this game because of the motion controls.

Wish they'd have remade it without them.

no

Attached: Irozuki_Tingle_no_Koi_no_Balloon_Trip[1].jpg (256x230, 38K)

It fundamentally can't. The entire game is built around the motion controls. It is stuck on the Wii forever.

It's really meh when you compare to the magnum opus like BotW

Has any Zelda game before or since had a more kino character arc than Groose?

this
ive never seen anybody talk about the BS zelda games outside of a few youtube comments

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 21K)

just swap them for gyro controls and put them on the switch, or if that does not work the switch actually has a IR camera already so they could do something with that

Nah, the only thing I remember that really forces the motion controls hard is the way enemies block all but a specific part of themselves, which would require resetting their patterns but nothing too difficult

IIRC everything else you could probably accomplish with stick controls pretty easily

it introduced a lot of the mechanics that BotW ran with, so it's kino

MC is seen as the best non-Nintendo Zelda.

I hope Nintendo can negotiate with Capcom to remake them on the Link's Awakening HD engine.

Not forgotten because it has the cutest Zelda and Groose.

>cutest Zelda is stuck in a shitty game that can't even be emulated properly because it's a fucking Wii game with motion controls
I wish someone would just extract all the cutscenes. Then I wouldn't care if every single copy and ISO of the game disappeared from the world.

and charge 60 bucks for each

Not until it gets its 60$ remake on the switch