tfw fucked abram away

Attached: underrail.jpg (639x361, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1HpR29xlJLc
youtube.com/watch?v=1iTyVoet9w0
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Character_creation#Custom_portraits
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

High frequency shield bros report in

There's very little reason to ever use high.

Maybe your small penis fits in the low frequency dome but my chad metal clad dick needs high frequency shield

i think literally the only problem with this game is the speed of the base game. playing on cheat engine with even a meager 2x makes it far more fun

I just cheated myself in an extra 100 points to raise traps just so I can fucking see them on my low per character

>come at me, bre

What's with the weird effective skillpoint curve around 70? Every single time I cross that threshold it takes at least 5 points to break this barrier

Synergy bonuses can't raise skills above the base cap for whatever your level is. You're level 12 so your cap is 70. You either need to spend a lot of points so you can break 70 without needing synergy bonuses or just raise your level so the cap goes up.

Sheeeeit, I didn't know that - thanks

Ancient rathound leathers - where might I find them?

I know there's one by the King and another in the arena, but neither respawns. There's some in DC, but that's no bueno.

Use detection goggles you dumb zoner

>>/vg/

Heard some other anons say in previous threads that it's only possible in a Dominating run and I'm guessing that's the case cause I've sure as shit haven't seen any more than what you just mentioned on my Hard runs. Lvl 10 on my current Dominating run I haven't seen any yet but if the pattern persists (already had to deal with giant Azuridae and Plasma Sentries) I'm guessing they will spawn randomly in rathound packs across the map.

If you joined Praetorian Security you can fight one as part of their missions. If you joined someone else it's unavailable, though.
There's one in the gauntlet but you may or may not get the floor that includes it, and you have to steal the leather back after it's over.
There are a bunch around the place if you play dominating. Maybe you should have just played dominating.

Attached: rat.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

Sometimes they're alone too.
They're a fun surprise.

Attached: surprise.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

Well, fuck. So I have a total of two, maybe three shots to get a good hide... sigh

I suppose the next question is: how is loot determined? When a mob is created? It would allow me to get at least one of high quality (could reload arena) which would be good enough

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE USE POISON WHEN YOU HAVE TASERS AND FIRE ARROWS

Attached: IMG_20190704_152738.jpg (1080x1786, 358K)

>When a mob is created?
Yeah. I don't know if the arena rathounds are spawned at the start of the game like most enemies or if they're generated as the fight starts, though. The later fights are generated as you start them so you can save/load to get new drops, but the rathounds are the first fight so they might be pregenerated. Not sure. You'll have to find out.

Thanks, zoner

There aren't enough gasoline vendors in this game

reminder

Attached: nerf spi pls.png (899x326, 62K)

Just get 40 chemistry so you can use magnesium. More places sell it and it's better anyway.

Holy shit, I didn't know magnesium also worked for molotovs and incendiary ammo. Thanks for the tip.

fellas
Best psifag armor?
best freq. modulator?
Best psi ability/feat?

Attached: rat_hound___underrail_fanart_by_eliasfrost_d5rtou0-fullview.jpg (900x637, 43K)

TELL ME

Well, it's good on caltrops.

Or, you know, just pressing + or - on the numpad could also work

This game is so mothafuckin' cocksuckin' gay. Can't even fuckin' run. Get this shit off the fuckin' board bitch.

Attached: image.jpg (400x400, 97K)

>Best psifag armor?
CAU armour.
>best freq. modulator?
Low
>Best psi ability/feat?
Locus of Control

its too minimal

>Paulie too stupida to take the Sprint feat
I believe it

the fucking sounds hammers do when hitting someone is more than enough to make me wanna do a full str build next run

Attached: dee.png (500x481, 398K)

I'm torn between three choices of what to run as next.
>stealthy crossbow trapper
>stealthy SMG Spec-Ops
>.44 Hammerer Riot Cop with ear-piercing Yell

it's 2x speed

but I agree, 4x would have been better aside from just a few places

should I make my shield low/low? I've been making them low/medium but now that I have access to high quality components from ocubros I might go low/low

i feel like im doing something wrong

Attached: um.png (1018x764, 705K)

>fighting faceless
absolute Motioner

Im currently in deep caves. Does the gamenend once im finished here or can i keep playing after main story is complete? I want to tackle the expedition dlc but dont feel like starting a new charachter

Attached: 1566129176355m.jpg (685x1024, 82K)

Attached: 600px-DesertEagleLastActionHero.jpg (1200x496, 104K)

You can keep playing. The game only ends when you pick the "end the game" option.

Attached: train.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

>having to pay for the game to end.

Ok cool thanks. Now i just need to find some tnt so i can blow up the mutagen tanks

It is decided then.

how do i get the shield emitters without turning protectorate hostile?

go through the tunnel, kill everyone inside the building, exit the building through the tunnel you came through, kill the 2 guys you aggro immediately

they'll never know

>kill Nicolas and get 850 shinies from Olivia
>narc on them both and get nothing

I don't necessarily want to do this, but I do enjoy money...

How do shock combat gloves and incapacitated from cheap shots work? Does it apply the electrical damage first?

Also what's the diff between using serrated steel and serrated tungsten blade?

I think you get more exp if you nark on them.

I'm not sure about the cheap shots interaction, but the only difference between the different blade/spike metals is weight and value. It's dumb.

I just crafted stealth gear (balaclava, cave hopper armor with black cloth, ninja tabis, cloak device) and ran around trying not to bump into any of them

Has anyone actually found Implosion to be useful in combat? Since it doesn't bypass damage resistance I always feel like it deals less damage that any of my other psychokinesis skills

are there any non-pistol guns that come in .44
besides that shitty street sweeper
also why can't you make exploding fiddy rounds

I usually go low/low, you still get more than enough coverage in the medium and high ranges with good enough components.
Sorry for the late reply, fellow oculite

What stats do you want as a punch wizard

Is there any consequence to killing the toll troll on Junkyard?

proxy + implosion + punch for huge dmg to 1 target

it works nicely with that 'bomb' skill, nets you 600+ aoe

Wait there's a difference in shields? I just bought the one with the highest value and turn it on.

Attached: 1494514464559.jpg (1121x1004, 92K)

Keep going you are doing great!

low medium and high frequencies prioritize defense against certain weapons in a way, though all shields lean towards high velocity so a lot of people go for low/low to make them more useful against the low velocity stuff

>this is your mind on Motion

spikes or blades for punchy wizard? Either seems good

>create psi character
>listen to Yea Forums
>get psychosis and mania like I'm told I should
>slitting my wrists with every kill
>have to wait long long periods between attacking
>8/10 of my attacks aren't critical
>remake character
>take tranquility instead
>I can now toss mind powers around like candy
>always full of life
Psychosis is a trap.

high freq shields are good against fast and very fast projectiles (snipers, plasma etc), but you should already have plenty of defense against that. Low velocity attacks (melee, crossbows) can usually fuck you up more because it's more difficult to spec your armor against them, so it's better to protect yourself with low freq shields.

tranq is much better sub-15 or so, but perma-30% hp psychosis is the single best build in the game - provided you manage to last until you craft your first OP shield

>doppelgangers are still active after the caster dies
fucking why

Here, I made this from what I could get from one early late game merchant run.

Attached: shields.png (2118x2298, 561K)

Another user here, just made an amazing med/med shield on my tin can but the expedition didnt give me any high quality low frequency parts. Also which is better efficient or conservative

Efficient is the only type worth making. Conservative's bonus doesn't really matter, and amplified is worse than nothing most of the time. Always go efficient.

how to open door near gerhard paige raider?

You can't. Omega is permanently closed.

Maybe just carry bandages durrr.

Can someone explain to me how synergies work in this game? I read that your skills can't go above your level cap, but I still find this a little confusing. Does that mean that I don't need to increase a skill if the number in white is bigger than the cap? Does this affect all skills, or just some of them?

Attached: 1554022634245.jpg (177x168, 21K)

Did I completely fuck up Jacks questline by killing my way through the jail rescue mission?
I didn't know the way you completed the missions matters, this sucks.

What 'nades are good against bladelings? As a monk it is completely impossible to kill more than one bladeling in less than four turns due to Expose Weakness, and both helpers are utter garbage damage-wise when it comes to fighting the beast

Yes, you should have been able to tell from Everard's reaction. You've done the job and you are getting paid as you were promised, but they are not happy.

But what's a little genocide bad for..?

God damnit, I only realized like a billion saves ago that the questline won't complete, wish the wiki was more straightforward with that shit.

Choice and consequence, my dude. You failed your reading comprehension twice, in the game and on the wiki. If it's any consolation you have only locked yourself out of a single quest.

BUT
I WANTED TO KNOW WHO THEY WEEEREEE

Attached: NTR.png (925x249, 246K)

To put it simply, synergy bonuses stop working once your skill is high enough (the cap's 10+level*5 if you want actual numbers). In practice you can usually get around it by just levelling more so the cap gets higher though. The only time you're likely to waste synergy points is on dodge/evasion and psi skills, and in those cases you want them as high as possible so it's best to just forget about synergy and pump them anyway.

Is it possible to finish the game w/ a "smartass"/charisma based character?

All social stats for roleplay + 1 psy focus (thought) + stealth I guess? Has anyone tried?

Anywhere easy to find/buy a shotgun forward grip?

Attached: 1325683896642.png (560x407, 12K)

Blaine/Constantine/Most weapon dealers.
It's a rare item so even with 95 Mercantile don't expect it to show up all that often.

It's possible. It won't always be a fun ride, and you won't always like your options, but it's possible.

>rare
Well that sucks, considering before expac it was just a straight downgrade of the laser sight

>hacking lets me skip most of grey army base
nice

>finish jack qicksilver's quests
>he tells me to find some azif faggot
>doesn't tell me where he is
>say fuck it and go explore some caves instead
>some roof niggers, psi beetles, rathounds, and lunatics later find a gay bar
>go inside
>find the azif fag
>talk to him
>ask him what his gay group is all about
>don't really care so just skip the dialog
>tell him that what he just said sounded hella gay
>he gets all constipated and tells me to leave
Why does the game force you to suck some faggots dick to get the huxkey??
Is Styg part of the LGBTAIQX+ crowd?

It's pretty great for shotguns, 5 AP reduction per shot is extremely useful

Is there a quick way to charge a weapon, like pressing B for shield?

BEFORE the expac man, previously it was just for SMGs and the laser sight was better

I know man, just saying.

How about you open your settings and find out yourself?
Press X, zoner.

>do all quests with wiki on the second screen
>talk shit to npcs
>waaahh, why does nobody like me and doesn't want to invite me to their super secret base

bruh, you already in the LGBTAIQX+ with how much cock you suck

>go into the underrail thread
>don't shower the game with overwhelming praise
>faggots get booty bothered
Why are generals always filled with faggots?

Conservative can be nice if you want a shield where you can walk around with it on all the time, then you can just swap it out for your main one whenever you anticipate combat.

I am trying to charge the weapon, my dear, motioner, not change (ie swap).

>muh general
Cry more, faggot

this has nothing to do with praising the game, this has with you being a fucking idiot

why the fuck wouldn't Azif tell you to gtfo when you talk shit to him lol

Let me guess, you sucked Azif's dick, didn't you?

>Follow shotgun hobo build
>Don't know all the skillchecks
>Don't start
>help
>plz

Attached: help.png (227x222, 7K)

>why the fuck wouldn't Azif tell you to gtfo when you talk shit to him lol
Because I get shit done. Also he has been spying on me so he should already know that I'm not a fag.

Shift+q/w/e/r.

dude mushroom turrets lmao

>lv12 dex monk
>want to check out ironshits, remember having trouble as pure psi
>can solo entire rooms at once without adrenaline

holy fucknuggets, dex fisto is insane

ayyy, thank you

No, we just stared into each others' eyes for a while and then he let me in and gave me a quest. What are you, a homo or something?

>annihilated Balor in a single turn at level-fucking-12

huehue

Would a homo have a drink with Evelyn?
You probably fantasized about sucking Azif off LOL.

gib build

>Would a homo have a drink with Evelyn?
Sounds pretty gay to me, user.

Attached: 1569137969140.jpg (640x775, 67K)

>weeb
>thinking that having sex with a woman is gay

>read a guide for temporal psi
>take temporal manipulation, thought control, and nothing else
why did i do it bros
i should have just gone for fire this damage is so shit even guns beat it

>you
>having sex with a woman

Attached: 1550321813559.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

>can't sleep with Oinko
0/10, shit game

Attached: [Snorts externally].png (324x182, 28K)

psi is for utility, plain damage is boring.

Temporal psi is a support skill, it's not the main damage dealer.
But it synergies with literally everything else, so it's cool.

>30 minutes since last save because you do some trading, crafting and other safe nonsense
>be instantly blown up by a random mine

b-but...

Play as a hammer wizard

I'd like to know what the point of the ending is. Faceless would have killed the Chort anyway. They get the cube no matter what you do. Nothing is revealed to you. What's the point! That area is horrible and the dev should feel horrible for making the player go through it.

Attached: Carpathian_Forest_2.jpg (768x1024, 760K)

I suppose i am the only one that likes the last area of the game

>wear Rathound King's bling to style on them fools
>take a boat to Camp Hathor
>die

No joke, the moment I get my house and get tailoring bench I'll just murk every single one of those fuckers. Do you get aggro from other factions for it?

what did you expect when you dressed as their enemy

Only camp hathor hates it

what fucking enemy, I brught back his head and at least three fucking NPC's talked about his death dialogue afterwards

fucking trash camp

fuck

they won't hate it if they're all dead

thanks

Autosaves.

big dick Tommy Sub-machine Gun shoots .44 at a substantial Per malus. But you do already have overly substantial Per, right user?

can someone explain the mutagen puzzle, I don't understand it whatsoever and I can't fight Tchort without doing it

so I scan for the sequences then what

they told me temporal distortion could be a main damage skill ;_;

Maybe it can, but I use temporal for support.

Enrage is so stupidly good i can just throw it to some unga hammer and kill everyone

Two words
Locus of control

o-ok

Most of the time i forget that shit makes MC skills AoE god bless psi

Attached: ezra2.png (500x500, 213K)

Just finished the expansion.
So why was the serpentine god angry about you taking the acorn? What is it programmed to build? Maybe some immense temple? What if it's Roko's Basilisk trying to build himself an ultimate form?
What does ACoNR even stand for? Abstract Concentration of Neumann Robots?
If the ferryman is david and the unga bunga yngwar is goliath, why did serpentine god help him?

Those are three words, pipeworker.

I don't understand.

Read the computer logs in Caerus Residential, jack.

You need to exactly recreate the Exitus-1 mutagen compound with a combination of mutagen reagents. So scan that first to get the sequence, then you can work out a series of reagents that will sum and give you the sequence.

Dude will tell you the acronym.
It's not programmed to build anything in particular, I don't think, but from what Dude says about it, it's best to not let it fall into the wrong hands

You broke into his home and stole his precious, of course he's angry

The way you make it sound doesn't sound difficult. The wiki confused me.

>Implying anyone but Ezra is worthy of receiving it

Just got to lvl 16 and specilizations opened up, the build Im following isnt DLC updated so can I get some pointers on what to specilize with an AR tincan? I got the commando specilization for now but I dont wanna gimp myself on damage later.

Attached: commando.jpg (600x494, 46K)

Yeah, the wiki uses the same terminology of the game which can be a little confusing. It's not particularly difficult unless you get a really bad RNG for the sequence and reagents.

Good luck, user!

Is crafting a meme?
I feel like that other user who posted a few days ago. The shit I craft isn't as good as the shit I can buy. And when I do find good craft mats they require more craft skill, so then I get the craft skill a few levels later and, surprise, I already have better shit.
I feel like it's only worth leveling Biology.

There is nothing homo about staring into Azif's eyes once or twice... or thrice. Six-senpai said it was fine.

Attached: 20190923151545_1.png (1600x900, 2.02M)

Mid to late game crafting shit is the cheapest and most consistent way of getting baller ass gear
Also to my knowledge the only way to get magnesium bombs

Where the f to farm poisons?

Crafting breaks the game.
The only things shops are good for are basic components and weapon modules since you can't craft those yourself, unless you have Disassemble and get lucky with drops.
>inb4 b...but I have grand score of 40 and I can't craft anything good
Don't bother crafting unless you have 8+ INT, 10 INT is optimal, get crafting feats, Gun Nut, Power Management, Practical Physicist, Armor Sloping and Clothier are all insanely good, you'l never, ever go back to using the shops' gear.

>Don't bother crafting unless you have 8+ INT
This is just completely untrue.

If your biology is high enough, you can extract poison from cave ears, and some organs wild animals drop, just explore the caves and the map tells you what animals and plants spawn there, you'll need the Extract humour and/or process plant or fungus blueprint

I'm not saying you can't craft with less, but any serious crafting focused build has at least 8 int, you'll want crafting to come online ASAP, otherwise you'll only start crafting good gear when the game is already mostly done, which is pointless.

I feel like it IS true though. On a 5 INT build my crafting is so horrendously slow to level that I feel I could do better putting the points somewhere else.
Especially if I struggle at all in the early-mid game, doesn't make sense to invest in the late game for late game payoffs.

If i'm a monk/melee dude there's never a reason for me to ever wear a ranged weapon / pistol right? I should just sell these RIGHT?

There's no companions I can hand this over to right? Please respond this is important.

Literally doesnt matter outside hard. New players should go crafting because its FUN

I asked besides that
is it even viable outside explosive rounds

Im playing pure psi and ive been selling every weapon ive come across, i dont think you can give them to anybody

If you haven't maxed out your Gun skill and you don't have 10 Perception then your guns wouldn't even be useful in combat.

yeah i guess.. somehow i feel bad for selling modded items like scoped crossbows even though i know i wont be using them (cause i can't)

anyway are there no companions in this game? i feel so lonely and its dark and scary..

All ACoNRs are preprogrammed with their blueprints. This one could be something benign though, it wasn't built for Abyssal station.

You'll very rarely fight with some allies but most of the time it'll be by yourself, welcome to underrail.

Is there any good chokepoint in grey's army magazine? i get surrounded and two shooted by snipers in 3 turns tops

Just think of those cool items as giant stacks of money that you can use to buy stuff you want.

please tell me the mine beasts are just burrowers
and the barman just heard a false description

I hid in the toilet with gas grenades a the door
Seemed appropriate

Sure, any crafting focused build is going to have a high Intelligence, but that isn't the same as saying "don't bother crafting unless you do."
The utility of crafting varies depending on your build, but it's useful to everyone to some degree or another. If you're a psi character or a melee one, you're probably not going to notice much, but a firearm-focused one? Even if what you craft isn't giving you much bigger damage numbers, the ability to customise what you're using makes a huge difference especially to anyone using an AR, SMG or sniper rifle. Similarly, the ability to get unique properties from infused leather and customise boots/tac vests/emitters is never not useful.

afaik there are no toilets in magazine

Sorry, bre. No luck.

>using traps and stealth so it doesnt matter how suboptimal the build is
>farming for walls of mines and poison caltrops

Attached: 73a.png (680x788, 94K)

Buff guns, add headgear that resists psi, problem solved

Hey hey people

are they at least just regular crawlers

Attached: 1555686711319.jpg (1440x2386, 167K)

Eh, bre?

I can't decide whether to max INT, PER, or DEX on a energy pistol/chem pistol build.
If I go INT I have better energy damage.
If I go PER I might hit more shots = possibly more damage.
If I go DEX I get more shots = possibly more damage.
And if I add CON to the mix, well, I can afford to miss a shot or two.

Is psi tank a viable build? I wanted to start with tin can but the builds are outdated.

At what point should i stop leveling throwing

6 dex
11 per
17 int

thank me later

>got all the mutagens
>except for Exitus
>have to go back

It's past the gate.

I went with a shitload of DEX and dabbed on everyone.

Put both INT and PER at 11 minimum, this is the must, especially for energy pistols.
The rest is up to you really.

Yes.

Shouldn't the Dex be higher? Two plasma pistol shots/turn with adrenaline.

>Two plasma pistol shots/turn with adrenaline.
plasma is only worth using for bosses, the AP ratio is too high, and you gimp yourself a lot to get 18 dex to fire it 2 times per turn

laser/electroshock are the ones you use for anything else

I'm on a fist and psi playthrough

I stopped at about 30

It's fun now but unfortunately there's no way you're going to be beating the final boss.

Plasma guns absolutely do not need to shoot more than once per turn, they cannot compete with either Laser or Electric guns in the mook clearing business and by design they never will, they're just there to humiliate Tchort/Magnar/Carnifex and little else.

>depot A
>almost every single lockpicking challenge requires 50 lockpick with the expectation you specced into it as a primary stat

Attached: 1561348337500.png (449x500, 248K)

Nigga if you don't put points into hacking and lockpicking every level until about 15 or so, you're doing yourself a disservice

Come on this is silly, first it's lockpicks magically breaking when you crack a door and lockpicking scaling, not as bad as not being told what lockpicking skill you need to crack open vents though

Alright, thanks for the help, bres.

Attached: 1551010257731.png (697x713, 651K)

Yeah, nah.

~5 base int means you can do very high lvl crafting with +2int drug without overinvesting, and 7 base int gives you feat perks - I don't think there's any build outside of BigBrain pistols that should go above 7 int

that's not even remotely true
+5 from mk II lockpicks
+7 from jackknife
eel sandwich for +1 dex
or junkyard surprise for +2
it has synergy with two skills, and dex builds can get it cheap

What's the point of choosing psi empathy in skills if I could just take the pill from doc at the start of the game?

dex for more shots provided you've got at least 10 per
if you were pure energy weapons i'd say alternate per and int, if you were pure chem pistols i'd say just dex
you don't really get much in terms of damage from boosting int even with high-techicalities, but having absurd crafting skills with hardly any investment is cool.

>game about combat
>myriad ways to do every encounter
>dump all your points to make shiny clothes instead
>but at least traps will carry me
tell me how to do a no-craft no-trap dominating build.

>5 base int means you can do very high lvl crafting with +2int drug without overinvesting
By the time you get to craft Hypercerebrix and have high enough crafting skills you're already done with most of the game and are already vastly overpowered by virtue of having massive stat investment and feats on top of your late blooming crafting stats.
>I don't think there's any build outside of BigBrain pistols that should go above 7 int
As much as INT is a pretty secondary spec to invest into all in all, high INT means high mercantile, INT also nets you better PSI regen, and any crafting focused build benefits for it, it's not just a Laser Wizard thing.
The benefit of galaxy brains is being able to access vastly better equipment and utilities much faster than anyone else, so while 7 is definitely a good plateau for the average build nothing forbids you from pumping it up a bit further, unless you're playing DOMINATING, but DOMINATING is a meme setting where most stuff doesn't work and you're forced to work on funnel builds either way.

You can't choose Psi Empathy as a feat. The pill is the only way.

When are they gonna add proper throwing weapons (Spears, throwing axes, bolas and the like)

>grey army isnt so ba-
*specs ops barge in*

One of the few enemies that are almost completely immune to gas, really threw me for a loop
That fucking helmet though is worth it

Great timing: how the hell do I spawn those guys? I thought they appear in the central location when somebody pulls the alarm - I took gun oil and I killed everything but they didn't show.

I need their helmets, so, uh, anyone got an idea?

Yeah I've never played psi but dont really understand why anyone cares about balance in a singleplayer game. However if Styg does as he has previously done, temporal is gonna get cucked

Stealthy crossbow trapper is hardmode so up to you the other two are fun as well but god crossbows suck

I fear the dogs more than the squad members themselves.
Then again you can just put a carpet of traps near their doors and dab on them.

psychosis or tranquility for high const heavy armor build?

All those Crawler Poison Caltrops finally paid off

Because Styg hates us. Worst part is because its always you vs many people, bilocation isn't even that OP for the player

Become a psycho blood mage.

high con - deffo tranquility, psychosis is only good if you stay below 30% hp

Gas grenade kill zone and a wall of bear traps is the way

What's the most common damage type?

Also does Bio resist work with Acid damage from mutants?

Mechanical and no, Acid is a separate resistance type.

They're mental phantasms. Why would you expect them to go away once the psinigger dies? If one sets you on fire, does the fire go away because you kill them?

besides mechanical then?

What do I do after I kill the Faceless Commander after killing Tchort? Give the Cube to based Tanner?

Yes.

probably fire, especially if you chuck molotovs around.

Heat and then electric i guess?

>Third reroll for Super Steel

Attached: 1550457126261.png (404x399, 9K)

>Give the Cube to based Tanner?
Do it.

Is thereva way to make an agility shotgun build?

Attached: 1534088590556.jpg (286x405, 54K)

I just picked up this game after all these generals and I'm just starting out. Is a Psi/melee-throwing build a good one?

Is it possible to go Psi and energy/blob? I mean you have to max both wis, perc and int?

Attached: 1569134182435.jpg (620x827, 310K)

>all these generals

Sublime bait.

How does my theory build sound?
10 WILL
10 CON
8 INT
Typical psi but uses all the healing feats + Biology crafting for meds to tank and supplement combat. Basically super self-buffing via medicine only. Combo with Doctor's Pouch (e.g. pop 5 meds for 10 AP).
Levels all psi skills.
Levels only Biology crafting.

Levels Merc + Persuasion + Intimidation
Or
Levels Merc/Persuasion/Intimidation + Hacking + Lockpicking.

Yeah, go pump shotguns and pump AGI once you've got your other stats up to snuff
It's that easy!

So heavy armor is enough to keep my health full? thanks

unless you were just splashing time magic for contraction i'm not sure why you'd need to. chem pistols alone covers almost every type of damage that might be resisted, with area of effect and rooting/freezing/burning effects. what school of psi were you planning on doing?

anything useful if you clear out fort apogee

After Mechanical, Heat is pretty common through grenades and mines

Lots of loot and a special oddity, not to mention the satisfaction of shredding cans.

10 con is tranquility build, which is like third best in the game - you'll steamroll even on hard

BUT tranquility synergizes extremely well with %psi cost reduction - without crafting you're giving up tons of power, because the headbands you'll find are shit and you'll never get psi beetle vest

Frankly, biology is of least use for psi - no supersoldier or 'nades needed. I'd dump bio and intimidate (it's shit) and go mech, elec and bit of tailoring - it also gets you OP shields 'for free', and since you're doing merch you'll have top of the line components

>clear out fort apogee

Attached: 1551453787864.jpg (908x730, 220K)

uh oh can I take him

Attached: artifactsix.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

nah, but it'll get you very tanky anyway - just not tanky enough to survive with 30% hp, which is what's needed for psychosis (it would be beyond broken if you could tincan-psychosis lol)

You just slaughtered your way through DC, of course you can take him!

Should I give these faceless bozos the cube? They've kinda been dicks to me the whole time I was in deep caverns and I don't think I like them.

>retarded unga bungas and a fucking spiders can somehow learn to disarm gas grenades

Attached: 1564421265107.png (808x853, 236K)

he just stuns me and fucks off wtf is this bullshit I coulda taken him

We believe in you, user.

Smash it with Balor's Sledgehammer, watch uber butthurt from all factions

Ohhhhhh poor little tin can is triggered

Attached: 1547064371471.png (602x720, 183K)

Sounds good, thanks

Attached: 1564346125682.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

How's that D5 treating you, terrorist scum?

Attached: mfw final protectorate mission.jpg (594x396, 57K)

So, uh, does combat status last forever? I left gray army warehouse and watched azurids rip apart some random fisherman, but those fuckers ran back to their spot and noticed me - and the other road back below is through roof nigga central, and I didn't even take thick skull yet

>cover grenade/plug up holes
>dump into ocean

holocausting the savages,gassing the drones and trashing the cans is the only good ending

Attached: 20190826230921_1.jpg (1600x1200, 621K)

>Hey guys, styg here
>Big new content update coming soon
>We're adding new psi abilities
>tfw

Attached: 1564590947448.jpg (320x320, 28K)

where i go to get back to civilization from dude's cave?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I suggest you tighten up the security in your warehouses and labs before something bad happens.
Oh wait...

Attached: Tin can genocide best day in my life.png (622x323, 365K)

I'm guessing it doesn't, because in his run the CAU's bodies don't even have time to rot before they blow up with the rest of Epione.

go north from dudes house and get up the rocks

it's roughly southwest, either through loads of crawlers or azurid goliaths

So, uh, don't run away from either once you initiated combat or you're stuck like I am lol

Go west for a couple of screens until you reach a river going south. Follow that river south and you'll get to rail crossing.

you absolute motioner, I just remembered the power fist

shit, I'm not ready for big spooders

but

dat weapon tho

>pls

northwest one map, there's a big rock in the middle you can climb up to an area behind Foundry. it's in an area with water and two lunatics around a flaming barrel in the top right corner.

North, go up, then south until you reach the rails, then west.

>smg burst build chad
>use adrenaline
>three bursts per turn
all i gotta get now is a muzzled smg so i can waste bullets even harder

What's a cookie cutter trap+gun build? How's melee in this game? If it's not severely gimped a melee build sounds fun. Can base stats be increased on level ups?

>go north
>death stalkers pop up

There are no Death Stalkers on that map.

isn't there just spooder research station? I don't think there's a way out through there, and west from hecate is crawlers

although DESU spooders are easier than crawlers if you have no means to deal with stun, and power fisto might tip the scales

the cookie cutter gun + trap build is, put points into guns. put points into traps. pick a type or two of guns and pick feats for them.
melee works really well, you've got a bunch of options: punch master, knife stabber, machete hacker, sledgehammer pounder, or spear shanker
yes, one stat point every 4 levels

>he doesn't use custom portraits
>he doesn't roleplay as his husbando from other post apocalyptic media

Attached: hey guys what's going on in this thre-.png (800x631, 464K)

>side with Protectorate
>expanding peace, stability and order across the whole South Underrail
>side with Free Drones
>stations falling to simple bandits left and right
Guess they really put the "drone" in "free drones", huh?

Attached: 1551147190594.gif (340x340, 134K)

don't go in the station you motioner, go south a few screens until you get to foundry.

Ah, nevermind - I somehow missed that you can go south from where the research station is and only go through some rathounds

appreciate it, it would've taken a lot of time to get through crawlers and goliaths nuked me in 1 turn with morphine

>>expanding peace, stability and order across the whole South Underrail

Attached: hmmm.png (360x49, 23K)

Why, yes, of course I use a portrait of my favorite sci-fi character. How could you tell?

Attached: Untitled-1.png (372x344, 62K)

well I'm done with the game

sequel when

Thanks but what's a good number for base stats anyway? It goes from 1 to 10 but i'm not sure how good the numbers are. I mean say i want to do both traps and guns which are dex and perception. Is it enough to have them at 7, for example or is 7 too shitty?

Why yes i edit vanilla potratits to fit my taste.

Attached: 23.png (210x102, 25K)

I hope your edit is on the left.

Hey guys I thought you would appreciate this custom portrait for protectorate can builds.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23 Arthur Maxson.png (780x683, 1.31M)

>I coulda taken him
Nah.

you want to minmax as much as possible, mediocre stats really don't help much at all. if you don't want to use cave magic you can drop will to 3, if you don't want to craft anything you can drop int to 3, etc. etc. i'd advise against dropping your strength though, bigger guns like some shotguns and sniper rifles need at least 5 str.

I am disappointed that I can't loot the faceless commander's laser rifle. That burst fire seemed so cool.

>not hitting qucksave after every action

>objectively handsome nigga in sharp as shit clothing
>somehow supposed to be an insult

i'm pretty disappointed there aren't any laser rifles at all, i don't see why you can't if pistols are almost commonplace. should've at least been an experimental lemurian one instead of the shitty blasters we got.

Well, you do get a Laser Spear.

50k dmg aimed shot
on hit sorrounding 4 tiles burst into flames
time to pay savages another visit

Which grenades are a must for late game?

yeah but it also kinda sucks compared to stuff you can craft yourself. if only you could disassemble and re-craft unique weapons so that at least you could use the laser pistols, they're useless without the feat improvements from building it yourself.

plasma

>user politely suggests a thematic portrait for Protectorate players
>STOP INSULTING MEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, CAU MOMMY KILL THIS TERRORIST
Drones living rent free in the tin can's head, as always.

Attached: 1544016135844.jpg (348x333, 26K)

Tell that to Styg, I still can't fathom why uniques exist when they suck this hard, and this comes from somebody who willingly nerfs himself with a double barrel shottie just because it's cool.

styg is affraid of firearms and melee weapons

FUCK YOU SIX! THAT WAS MY FUCKIN CUBE! I'LL FUCKING END YOU FOR THIS, I DON'T CARE WHAT I HAVE TO DO!

WHO SELLS HIGH QUALITY ZEPHYR CROSSBOW FRAME?

Next run i'm gonna use this

Attached: Sevarian_l.png (100x100, 21K)

secret merchant in rail crossing

why stop there

Attached: why.png (102x102, 16K)

So do Locusts despawn eventually or are zones meant to be closed off forever for triggering one hive accidentaly?

Shotguns really only need 2 feats minimum, one less if you go for pump action shotgun only build. Sixth shell and leading shot. Once you get spec points you want to pump leading shot. Then you can pick up the rest of the shotgun feats if you want but they arent really too great. Frag chaos and pellet mayhem only shows its worth in conjunction with each other so if you get one, you should get the other. Suppressive fire aint bad either if you opt for the combat shotguns. If you want to do the meme combo, you can pick up full auto for 4 shell combat shotgun burst, then get the tyranny shotgun that increases bursts by one more. Now you have a shotgun that bursts for 5, allowing you to sixth shell all over something. I prefer to switch to a more powerful pump action shotgun for the big sixth shell shot but some anons prefer having a sniper in the other slot. If you go for the bare minimum shotgun feats in sixth shell and leading shot, you should invest more into the secondary effects to boost your shotgun effectiveness. Some shit like gun nut, hit and run, sprint; shit to help the longer range issue that shotguns have like grenades, offhand sniper, psi; psi to help you do more shit cause shotguns are really fucking basic like force field, pseudo spacial projection, psycho temporal contraction. These are only some shit off the top of my head so there are other good shit to look for. Important factors are also if you want to go dodgey evasive build or tin can build.

It can't be on vg because there are litereally no waifus

Gas, always gas

Can someone explain to me how Taste of Blood works? I don't quite get it from the feat's description. Do I earn a stack every time I hit a bleeding enemy, regardless of how many bleeding wounds it has?

what in the fuck happened to make you act like this?

Attached: Untitled.png (102x102, 22K)

he doesnt sell any frames

locustes drop 160 quality frames

You get a stack for each bleeding wound the target has. So if you hit a target with three wounds you'd get three stacks.

i'm not there yet, im at foundry

vocaroo.com/i/s1HpR29xlJLc

Attached: Thicc.png (180x181, 62K)

MOMS GONNA FREAK

They return to the hive, yes. But it takes a few minutes, and you have to be on the map undetected until they do.

I finished the expedition quest. Is there any more content here? I lost the guy that quick travels me to black sea so now i dont really want to travel all the way back without a reason to

Got it, so if I hit a target with 3 bleeding wounds, I earn 3 stacks. If I hit it again, do I earn another 3 stacks for a total of 6 stacks, or it stays at 3?

I fucking died during the persuasion option for the the missing train quest where the MC breaks down how idiotic the free drone's plan was and they just leave in shame.
The MC being a sassy bitch in conversations along with them being so smug about being Invictus will never cease to amuse me.

No user, it was the Faceless' diamond.

Attached: Untitled.png (102x102, 20K)

>going through Expedition
>get to Nexus of Technology
>see shit about a contest involving musical notes
>with a lot of text involved

oh no

Just use The Juice to go back and forth.

just skip it

Why do people even want nerfs? Getting your favorite build nerfed just feels awful. Just buff up other builds or less viable shit.

You'd add another 3 on top of your existing 3 for a total of 6, yes. You're also going to want eviscerate.

Just taught iris the meaning of society and how us gamers are oppressed.

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.23M)

I just massacred the entire institute of Tchort because I failed their questioning. Did I do it wrong?

>styg
>buffing anything but psi
pick one

If they want it so bad, then why do they keep dying every time I shoot them?
I hate Styg's stupid fuckin DMPC. I WANT OFF THIS RAILROAD!

I pick chem pistols.

Juice doesnt port my jetski

Life's unfair. If you can't hold onto your diamond then you have no right to call it yours.

>3 per
>+60% detection helmet
>about 60 effective traps
>still can't spot a fucking bear trap in your path
>cannot spot lurker assassins from 3 meters away

are you fucking serious, styg

How viable are gunslinger builds? What're the best handgund?

>shield
but it doesn't work with the spirit staff

Thanks user

A 60% bonus on a 3 point base is still laughable user.

>tfw did the puzzle
>don't even need the weapon that was locked up

I won't complain about the grenades though.

they're viable, it's just that everything else is better
.44 hammer or wasteland hawk explosive bullets

>2 int irl

Its a shame that uniques pale so hard to crafted weapons. If only there was a subsystem that allows you to improve uniques, like a special merchant or something

Some uniques can last a while, I know the SVD rifle you find under Buzzer's shop lasted me a good while before I finally found really good Spearhead parts and I'm still using the Rancor shotgun from DC though that's a late game shotgun anyway and I just haven't found the parts for a Tyranny to replace it.

Maybe they should have special effects or give unique advantages so it's harder to pick.

nigga how else am I supposed to detect shit

is not needing to reload every 3 minutes because of a fucking mine supposed to be guns-only perk? this is bullshit

If I'm not in the black sea, does the camp still get attacked?

no. time stops when you exit

What's the most fun stealth build?

Attached: Duck.png (761x761, 750K)

Wait, really? I thought for sure they'd still be under siege if you fuck off through the rift

The unique 7.62mm AR I found in DC was better than anything I could craft, though.

>Culling the entire Institute because you shitposted too hard
Shit user, you might have missed out on some oddity xp but I cant say a guy who genocides an entire theocratic scientific-military hybrid hub is wrong. Head down the elevator whenever.

psi monk is love, psi monk is life (and an insane DPS machine once you get going)

Not my fault you chose to dump PER, if you kept it at 5 or even just 4 you'd have an easier time spotting traps.
This isn't a Larian game, your stats actually matter beyond making big numbers pop up during combat, by choosing to dump PER you chose to have a hellish time with traps and stealthfags, granted that you do have a few ways to make those problems less dangerous, but that's how things work in this game, minmaxing has both min and max and you chose a min you have problems dealing with.

Its to prevent you from having the situation where you find out you are too weak for this content, leave to fuck around in main game for a bit, then come back to the entire expedition dead

Is the difference in quests between Coretech and JCC significant enough not to take Coretech's shop when I've already got decent crafting stats?

I'd love to see JCC's side, but those components, hnnngg
>no, oculus isn't a valid replacement

JKK is the most unique of the three, it's worth doing at least once. Personally I always found it a little tedious.

stat and perk me up senpai, sounds fun

So when's the next expansion coming?

I'm retarded, can someone explain shields to me?

shields block things

Wait, this is the end? It's either the train or vera? I want to go fuckstart my plasma pistol with Six's stupid cyborg face. I want my cube back.

Attached: That's it..png (732x473, 441K)

How is my noob build? Am I gonna have bad time later on?

Attached: f1r2353720.png (938x619, 53K)

>best you can get from Azif for an alien bro-- weapon is 2250 charons
Come one boss, that doesn't even cover the cost of one spin of the super steel roulette. What the hell.

It was never yours to begin with Jack. Never will be. You have no use for it, never will, never had. To Caesar what is of Caesar, and to the Faceless what could fuel Humanity forever. So the Godmen declare, the protectors of their halfbreed kind.

You can't go irreversibly wrong with guns + mechanics but uhh yeah you got a few strange stat choices
>will above 1 on a non-psionic
>int above 7 on a non-chem/energy scientist
>gun build with 5 per
>no dodge/evasion but 5 agi (not even 6 for sprint)
I'm gonna assume you're using pistols/smgs for that 8 dex too

melee, evasion, 40 dodge, enough stealth for current areas, lockpicking, 30 traps for that in-combat perk, 45 psychokinesis, 35 metathermics, temporal later on if you want to

merch isn't really needed for this build, might pick it up later (or sooner if no merch)

max dex, 7 agi, either 5 or 7 int, rest con

important perks - combo, fancy footwork, expose weakness, cheap shots, lightning punches, opportunist, that bleed thing

might want premediation (free cryostasis/electro stun) - it is surprisingly potent to be able to cast at will. Grenade perk @30 throwing is very useful for certain encounters

be on the lookout for tabi boots and blueprint - it can be a nightmare to find, I found it at lv13 which is completely ridiculous and that -1 ap is huge

having pneumatic leather gloves is a game-changer, you'll be hitting 10x per round soon enough without adrenaline

force emission is to be used situationally and never to the point of being unable to cast CC, but it's a nice dmg boost when you need it

remember that every 4th pneumatic hit stuns - with footwork perk you can stun 3-4 enemies in the first turn. CC is key to staying alive, expose armor is key to killing armored enemies.

Grenades aren't needed often but when they're needed they're NEEDED - you're not killing beast on easy without them because you'll be doing 3 dmg per hit and expose armor has unpleasantly long cooldown

You're murking every humanoid ever in a single round, you're munching lunatics if you learn to CC properly, robots are a pain but die okayish, bladelings are fucking immortal

bonus points for wiping out ironheads at low level and getting initiative with carnifex

after i saw what happened to starsector no thanks.

High cap >>> any other configuration

frequency - type of dmg blocked, low is melee and xbows, medium is pistols n shit, high is snipers, lasers etc

tin cans go low/low always otherwise you have no energy ever, non-tanky should carry low/low and medium/high when there's too many snipers around

anywhere i can get shotgun extension tube or do i just need to get lucky with trader's refresh?

guns but no perception (and also perception penalty equip)
7 str but absolutely nothing that could use it
8 int for i'm guessing crafting only?

a little confused here tee bee aytch my fampai

this might be the worst stats I ever saw on lv14

it's shit even for normal bro

reeeee didnt find any high quality zephyr frames in core city, secret merchant at rail crossing or sgs or junkyard

>tabi blueprint hard to find
Blaine sells it

Personally I just run the first arena fight a couple of times until I get a really high quality leather, but I'm guess you want more than Leather and boots...
What else do you do with leather though?

technically, how tanky can a metal armor get, for example if i took 4 top quality tungsten plates...

Ironically I just confirmed that you can 'reroll' the first fight 3 minutes ago

What's the highest leather you can get? I saw 79 so far, but wiki says it's up to 100 and I found that some dude got 105 (on dominating, but quality should be the same?). 79 seems rather low, and the usual seems to be ~65...

Wiki says base quality without other modifiers is 120

Attached: file.png (646x418, 54K)

enyor your jawbone

that seems... implausible, 79 was the highest roll I saw in ~10 attempts

can anyone confirm they got at least ~90 from arena? This is the most imporant item in the game, there's no more rathounds before DC on hard

would a chinese electric batman build be viable

I got a Q101 from the one with the Rathound Kind. It was on normal though.

i cant use it i dont have strenght

I got a 105 (about that I think) from arena. That posted picture is straight from the wiki as well, never seen anything wrong there before. Don't have access to my save file at the moment to show the proofs, but if there is another Underrail later today I'll post the leather under the character "Red." who is knives/throwing.

rathhound king has two pet ancients if you need leather

I got 111 from the rathound king on my last playthrough

People can take 3 per for non-ranged builds for optimization's sake because you can play around not having reliable detection by savescumming, having prior knowledge of where things are, or just having enough DR/DT to facetank mines and stealthers. That doesn't mean that you're REQUIRED to dump per for anything that isn't firing a gun or crossbow.

You chose to go the savescum route to free up stat points so now you have to savescum.

you going for high crit damage?

thanks, thanks

king is sadly dead and donated q70 and q76, which... isn't optimal

Just make them into your boots since I don't think those benefit as much from the quality. Also remember that the quality of the super steel thread combines into your leather quality, so better super steel will raise the infused leather quality.

Reroll the Arena for your Leather Armor drop.

true that, I've got a good enough pair for now but once I get infusion I want the best quality I can get - hence the questions

hopefully. bowyer worth it i guess?

I wanna FUCK Sophie

Forget it, zoner.

How does this look? I'm contemplating ideas for a 2nd playthrough on hard. I found that my first playthrough on normal meant that how well I did was heavily dependant on getting lots of critical hits with my laser pistol, and clearing out crowds with grenades and electroshock pistol aimed shots.

Attached: shotgunwizard.png (1424x799, 189K)

Can I get gas grenades without 20 bio and 20 chem? I have zero use for either at my current level aside from them but I am stuck on the beast and kind of need super steel

I was doing the jock speedyore package quest and killed the bandits before talking to them and jock did not appear at the warehouse

DON'T PLAY THIS GAME GUYS THE DEVLOPER IS A NASI RACIST!!!!!

Why not just do the full quest line to melt him?

Y'all niggas better tell me where the fuck is the doctor in Rail Crossing because my blind ass spent 10 min looking for him

(I also didn't notice there was more to the place than the leader and Buzzer at first, so eh...)

up left, a woman

Is he though?

It is the full quest, but there's like 40 bladelings on hard and I'm melee so it's just not happening without 'nades (and both helpers are shit)

yes
also use anatomicaly aware scopes when crafting

explain

Northwest section of the map in the railcar looking building

Do you have like PERCEPTION 3 in real life user?

everyone is these days

Bear traps and caltrops. Problem solved. I think, haven't done it on hard
Are you only melee?

thanks, bre

Wasnt easy to get this piece of shit to run on my Linux laptop. Any bets if the saves work?

Desu, Im honestly thinking about second playthrough too. Redpill me on blob/laser wizardy.
>Go full perc
>Go full int
Or should I do psi?

Attached: 1569080589819.jpg (990x792, 231K)

Why the 5,6,6?

Unique rathound man armor, Balor's hammer, that DLC brutality mask, fuck if I know for boots lol, scrounge an energy shield, boxing gloves off-hand
Max strength, get 10 con, get 6+ agility, max dodge/eva, hope you never get hit because you don't have a ton of drugs due to no crafting

he's a cr*at, of course he is

Attached: cross.jpg (1920x1080, 951K)

5 strength for shotguns, 6 con for Fast Metabolism, 6 Per for shooting things.

I got teleported into some gayass caves shortly after entering the deep caves and I can't find the goddamn exit. My last real save is from like 2 hours ago

Use the map.

It just says "Unknown" nigga

Based Croats.

Attached: 1568970471373.png (750x730, 968K)

Yeah, I'm punching literally everything to death

I picked up power glove from spooder place and could craft another with electroshock but it's not enough for the entire herd

I'm not sure what use bear traps would have here except rooting them? The stairway is 3-wide and I can stunlock 2, maybe all 3 and fight down there for a long time but expose armor has too long of a cooldown so I kill one bladeling a round at best (realistically 2 per 3 rounds) - and since there's almost 40 of them, well.

Where the fuck do i find graphite?

Doing my first playthrough with chem pistols.
It's crazy powerful. Depot A was not even a challenge.
High chance on hit to make them run around in fear and burn to death for 2 turns. If they somehow survive just snare them in acid and LOS kite them.

11 Dex is giving me 3 shots per turn with 1 being at 50% accuracy, hope to get it to 4 or 3 full shots when I get the belt that lowers AP cost even more. Will probably need to take more dex as I level.

You really want sure foot so you can kite through all the acid you generate. Caltraps are also really great. On the off chance you don't proc shots you can still just kite to keep yourself safe and do good damage.

Don't need psi because you have a fuckton of CC and AoE with cooked shot. Still suggest taking it just for forcefield and time magic.

Psi helps in the early early game when you only have mechanical pistols. I used psi more then the pistol because of how shit they are.
Hardest part is just making it to the junkyard to craft your first pistol.
Once you get the fire version it's easy mode.

Attached: ccoAVrP[1].png (307x505, 11K)

PURGE AEGIS
RACE WAR NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=1iTyVoet9w0

Attached: 1452667217010.jpg (720x960, 154K)

>85% chance at depot A
What the fuck, I never went over 75% by endgame.

If your going psi you won't be shooting things.
I'd dump the str and per into more con or agl depending on how you wana play, or dex for throwing and related skills/feats.

Can somebody link me a decent hammer wizard build? I don't want to gimp my character and end up using cheat engine lel.

Attached: 1568575270405.jpg (1332x1840, 312K)

My first pistol was 45% at depot A. That's just a google image search for end game chem pistols.

What if I want to do Psi and shooty shooty rooty tooty?

stores

Frenneja! Ta! Ta! Nikke! Nikkt haaræn Mer, ta!

Where in the motherfuck do i buy a low frequency shield? In core city all i can find is medium and high, so i just bought the medium one

Bear traps and caltrops will root them and stop you from getting swarmed. You can set up as many as you want. In the mean time, your helpers can happily plink away at them, just throw some flares down. Try some grenades as well because why not and you can throw them far enough away even with no throwing skill to not hurt yourself (hopefully).
Just kite them as long as possible before actually engaging in melee. Bear traps can easily buy you 4 -5 turns or more if you set up enough which adds up.

Might not be everything you need, but it will help and its a cheap investment ultimately.

Then you don't want to play on hard. :)

You don't have the skill points to waste on both guns and psi skills.
Psi builds need more skill points then anything else.

How did you achieve this feat?

I cannot fucking get this through Wine and virtual machines are slow as fuck.

catherine at junkyard
electronics shop at core city
buzzer

it's random tho so you'll have to wait if your unlucky

>buy

>Buy

Attached: 1566835068757.jpg (300x335, 18K)

HAMMER WIZARD
or pure psi neet
or tin can boring shooter
or stealthy trap shooter

No other options are viable

Not him, but works fine for me with proton.

I got a bretty gud one (450 low) from Al Pacino or whatshisname hideout guard (Core City mid, east from bar)

how do you change avatar? I would also want to get fucked as a anime girl in this game

proton also works for me
you may have to install some .NET crap in wine for the game to work. don't ask me what

Not that I don't appreciate the help, but having more time means little when both helpers do next to nothing and I can't even attack because I'm not in range

Trying an alternate strat - I have 43 HE3 nades from Ironheads, took +2slot belt and will just nuke everything once the herd has gathered - might be enough, what with 40% DR bypass

You need to install winetricks and then protontricks. Run protontricks dotnet452 and xna40 and/or winetricks dotnet 40. Remember to install mono too

Its a clusterfuck which I dont know how it works either

where do i get a quiveR`?

>182 quality tyranny out of nowhere
Should i embrace the burst and go for that instead of my regular shotgun build?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 69K)

I found one randomly in the caves by SGS, I think one shop also randomly sells them but I forgot. Was the old man at SGS, or somebody in junkyard.

Can I do laserpistols alongside Blobs or do feats wary?

Combine the HE with the bear traps is definitely what I was recommending. Good luck.

What materials should I use for some psi riot gear? I've been using this armor for a long time now and im getting tired of it

Attached: armor.png (310x726, 214K)

Where exactly is that biggest snake zulu guy?

>.php
aight, thanks

easily
both need high dex and they're not feat heavy

Danke

>thermodynamic destabilization
>+30% pyro damage
>psi crit damaged +30%
>psionic mania
>pyrokinesis

Attached: big boomer.jpg (311x162, 13K)

Energy guns don't need DEX at all.

They're pistols so don't they get an action point discount with high dex?

In the main village where Magnar is, but a few maps away in his shrine. The music makes it unmistakable.

yes

I really wish strong grip included shotguns
>full riot police with sawed off shotty

The AP discount they get is negligible since outside of Plasma guns they're not AP heavy.
You'll want to pump PER and INT on them, not DEX, INT massively boosts their power thanks to High Technicalities and is needed for crafting them in the first place, PER further boosts their base stats and ties with Critical Power, which is the selling point of energy guns, 900% crit damage bonuses so that every single shot kills.

No, though

Egun science nerd, shotgun build or psi wiz for a second playthrough on dominating?

What was your first?

At exactly 10 DEX laser pistols cost 12 AP to shoot, allowing you to shoot 4 times per turn instead of 3 assumming 50 AP. Would it be worth leaving DEX at 10 and focus on PER and INT the rest of the game? At level 1 you could have 10 PER and 8 INT, only being short off 2 points on INT.

Versatility crossbow/chem pistol on hard.

Though on second thought, spending 7 stat points in DEX just to shoot 4 times per turn for less damage doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Depends on how autism you want to get.

Laser pistol builds are all about big crits, see You could still use them with a chempistol build but laze pistols have a feat that turns your int stat into bonus crit for every point above 5, so a min-maxed laze build has 10 int, while you only ever need 7 for chem, and probably want those points in dex or per.

Chem wants dex because of the high AP cost. 2 extra shots is a big deal because all your damage comes from on hit procs, not the base weapon damage.

Laser can skip dex entirely because they have lower ap cost by default and only care about high crits.

Laser also lacks AoE and good CC chem has as a side note.
Melee can't touch chem, laser needs to use something like traps/throwing/psi.

Autism aside you could still do both as long as you are not playing dominating.

Attached: man_with_axe_by_aberrant_wit-d2msrt2[1].jpg (900x1456, 223K)

I actually had 14 dex by the end, since I was using plasma pistol a lot and being able to get three shots off with it was really nice sometimes.

I guess I need to ask which is more FUN? Does chem get boring after a while? Crafting acids could be fun though while laser has its own thing.

Its not FUN being too powerful after all

Attached: Psycho-Pass-Season-2-Character-Design-Mika-Shimotsuki-1.jpg (400x420, 54K)

Subtle 3 INT post, I like it.

Sturdy or Regenerative vest for tin can?

Apex.

>Would it be worth leaving DEX at 10 and focus on PER and INT the rest of the game?
That's up to you, you can easily get DEX to 10 and both PER and INT at 10 at the cost of everything else.
I don't think it's worth it because of two reasons:

You don't need to shoot your Laser gun that much, consider that ideally, every single shot will deal critical damage and kill anything that isn't either a endgame enemy or a really tough Expedition mook, such as a Naga or a really tough Sormibaeren/ghost, and for those there's still Aimed Shot boosted with a Smart Module/Goggles if you want, if you build it correctly, which means 11 INT+PER, hardly anything will ever survive your laser gun, let alone your electroshock and plasma gun

The second reason is that you have Electroshock guns, which are your main AoE tool as a energy gun user coupled with Aimed Shot, that means that ideally, each Aimed shot from your Electroshock gun kills four target for just 30 AP, which means you also get a free shot with your laser gun afterwards, without considering Adrenalie/Vitality powder and TM, which grant you even more fuel for killing things.

What you want to consider though is that as a main energy gun user there's some enemies in the game that no sell the main feature of your energy gun, which is critical damage, there's not many of them, but things like Bladelings, ghosts or Magnar's Ghost do exist, and energy weaponry is very weak against them by virtue of not being able to crit.

And the madman does it! 16 HE3 grenades, over 20 bear traps, 5 psi hypos, 9 plasma batteries to charge power fist (probably impossible to do without it) and 36 dead bladelings later I can finally get some good shit from the Foundry.

sturdy imo, regen can't deal with the few things that'll burst you as well it can

What's the earliest I can do the expedition content on hard?

I'm about 50% through the base game with my chem pistols and i'm having a lot of fun.

Specifically skipped laser because 1 hit killing with crits or missing and getting completely fucked didn't sound fun to me but maybe someone else can vouch for them.

Your chem pistols start out with a low % chance for hit effects and get better with your chem skill so you won't actually see 80% chance on hit til end game.

Your first will only be around 30% chance and you have to rely on throwing/traps til the late game.

I'm playing a low con build and I have to rely on LoS kiting and setting up the battlefield with traps.
If my pistols proc, it's easy kills but if it fails you need the traps to fall back on and lots of kiting.

Lots of dynamic play, real fun.
Also fun to see areas of the map get covered in acid after a fight.
Only down side is the few times you have allys, they will walk into your acid and then turn hostile.

Attached: 500618037929_lrg[1].png (256x256, 18K)

Level 15-16 if you know what you're doing.

It takes too many turns for regenerative to overwhelm the flat health from Sturdy imo. Also charging your armor is just annoying.

I'm happy for you user

Attached: file.png (968x681, 247K)

Man, though call.

Attached: Bilocation.png (508x677, 452K)

>fighting faceless is a bad thing
let me guess if you get through the game without killing a single one you get the ultra good boy ending, considering my only faceless encounters had non lethal options so far

Wrong.

cool actually because that's fucking gay

how you deal with the faceless doesn't affect the ending but it affects how they will treat you in the deep caverns

user who is interested in playing underrail here.
I read that the gameplay is good but the story is shit.
and is there a demo or something i can try first?

does it matter whether I break Todor out or just silence him

>trying to kill a multi-dimensional being inside a 3x3 elevator

I mean... I did just kill a flesh god...

they say for every game that the story is shit. story is ok. the world is great.
yea demo is called piratebay

>story is shit
You heard wrong. The story and writing is solid to good. The world is well done.
It's not the reason you play Underrail, but thankfully unlike other modern RPGs, it is not a detriment to the game.

If you want to try it, I would say grab a GoG download/pirate it.

the story isn’t super engaging and personal you’re mostly a scavenger/hired goon it’s more about discovering lore about the world and politics

>get property from an oligarch, one of the three most important people in the city
>it's literally a pile of concrete
>no electricity
>the inside is five times as big as it ought to be

What the fuck Styg, I'm here to craft superior dildos not to play fucking Sims

Okay, and what about the claim that there are too many fetch quests?

sub 15 what? level 15?

don't fall for the housing jew, they just want your charons

>240 hp enemy
>they eat crits like crazy and reduce significant amounts of damage
>"wow they must have good gear"
>loot them to find rathound vests
?????????

>I read
From where, Rock Paper Shotgun? lmao

Attached: 1567792008821.gif (480x384, 1.05M)

dont be a cheap bastard and buy a nice rug
also don't forget the security system

There are maybe 4 actual fetchquests as a whole. Most quests are more complex than go to x and bring back y and are much more involved than that.

It's just what I was thinking when I dealt with the Faceless. Six gave SOME answers, but I was cool with the Faceless until they flat out demanded I gave them the Cube. And then I think to myself. After all that shit I went through on my own in the Deep Caverns? You're not even going to explain why? At all? And just after I killed Tchort? That's my motherfucking Cube. Fast forward 5 minutes later Six is all like "ZAP, MUTHAFUCKA!" and then I'm left Cubeless with it apparently going back to the Faceless. Meaning that I ended up killing those Faceless for no reason. Fucking bullshit game.

>Spend a gorillion Charon to make it baller
>Can't invite anyone
>Can't show my rugs to Dude
>Some fucking weeb breaks through your basement despite having multiple home defense systems

Attached: 1558199510059.jpg (1200x949, 87K)

Sounds like a weird claim. Most of the game involves you or someone who has something you want, wanting something and then you go murder the folks in the way and have fun doing it.

Underrail is honestly my #1 RPG right now, maybe all time, so just pirate it and try it. Really good game, maybe it won't line up with your tastes, but that's about it.

My man, there are 4 fetch quests just dealing with the Beast alone.

how do I make energy pistols and psi work together?
is aimed shot mandatory for energy pistols?

are rocks only breakable by tnt?

Y E S

>how do I make energy pistols and psi work together?
Cryostasis+Premeditation is your best friend, the rest is up to TM.
>is aimed shot mandatory for energy pistols?
Yes.

And Jackhammers

a drill is fine too

I count that as one, the mutagen as one, Milton as one and the fished up amulet one. Nothing else really comes to mind.

Do yourself a favor and as soon as you can go to the Foundry by train (after the whole Depot A thing) and buy a Jackhammer from the nice metal lady in the same area. Load it up with energy cells and start drilling.

>Jackhammer
>Buy
>When there's dozens of those things lying around

Something straightforward then. Go with shotgun or laser.

Stupid question but for the telekinetic proxy, "single target telekinetic" powers mean only from the psychokinesis skill tree right? So telekinetic punch and electrokinesis?

Also, if I use psi mania to launch a guaranteed crit is the proxy shot also a guaranteed crit?

You can't go into the mine if you don't do a quest for the mayor. I think.

Dex and int are more important, the gun boost from per won't matter when guns is maxed

Nah, you can walk through a different entrance.

You mean the one by Gloria?

can I zap the cameras without alerting the guards

Yeah

Don't know about electrokineses but I can confirm mania + proxy + telekinetic punch will mean both attacks crit.

what starting stats for melee/psi hybrid?

Attached: 1568255739693.png (680x665, 667K)

You'll end the questline.
You need to legally acquit him

>mania + proxy + telekinetic punch will mean both attacks crit.
That's fucking insane, like, easy 500 damage.

They literally cost like 5 charons, you cheap zoner.

Depends which psi school.
temporal manipulation is broken as fuck and just requires you to put points in to it and maybe that one perk that makes contraction 3 turns.

I remember walking right in without talking to anyone

HAMMER
WIZARD

need or just less of a hassle

>fished up amulet
How is that a fetch quest? No one sends you to find the amulet they dropped in a cave, it isn't structured like a fetch. Unless you think of it as the amulet giving you the quest to find its owner, but that's just, weird, twisted.
Leo's knife and the Great DC Gate Fixing Marathon are legit fetch quests though.

>Paying for free stuff
>Ever

Attached: 1550505839376.jpg (480x451, 22K)