It's time to stop acting so entitled and paying what games are actually worth

It's time to stop acting so entitled and paying what games are actually worth.

Attached: post.png (606x564, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xw6XHHVxgX4
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/
youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983
youtu.be/Iixlku24Fkk
youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw
youtube.com/watch?v=yRh-dzrI4Z4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

20 bucks
2 years later
after everyone else play tests the shit

Yeah, $0

Attached: 1562250698020.jpg (976x658, 97K)

At this point I think I'll only play vidya released before 2010.

So free? Since most AAA titles have fucking f2p bullshit anyway

>pay 1/3 the cost of a console for a single game
Hopefully my wife lets me use her credit card most of out money is in her account

Do they really think anyone would pay 120 bucks for a fucking videogame

they can hike the price up if they want to. Just don't be surprised if this shit crashes out of nowhere

Yes I'd love to spend 200 dollars for a movie
Retard
Graphics were a mistake

You did name your PC a pirate ship name, right Yea Forums?

Do that so then I won't buy new releases anymore.

>pay 150 bucks for games
>still have shitty lootbox, micro transactions and dlc out the wazoo
Yeah nah... Companies aren't your friends

But i already pay what they worth user, i pay 0.

Price is dictated what people are willing to pay. $60 is already pushing it. The creator has zero input or right to dictate what people are willing to pay.

>NOOO SPEND MORE MONEY! THINK OF THE POOR DEVS!
no, fuck off with your moralfaggotry
Even if I did have the money to spend, I'd rather use it to rent a house instead of renting your shitty assetflips

>Need to spend 100+$ on a game
>Nobody buys video games anymore
>The industry crashes

I'm fine with this

>pay 100 for a game normally
>fags that have been paying 60 are now upset they might have to pay what i pay
Entitled faggots.

Fucking retards.

They don't realize that they will double the base game price AND add Day 1 DLC, lootboxes and all that shit.

Back to the seas.

If the game has any of the following then the "true price" of said game is free:

•Post-launch DLC released within a year of original game's launch
•Game of the Year Edition
•microtransactions of any kind beyond the intial game purchase

How many times are you going to post it? Do you really need to have the same conversation multiple times every day?

It always amazes me how often people argue against their own best interests.
Then again some of them are paid shills.

This won't happen, consumers will consume.

Attached: 1561143968469.jpg (750x703, 95K)

Well I mean, at least that guy recognizes he's an idiot.

I absolutely refuse to believe anyone would spend 100$ on a fucking video game

Good thing I have thousands of hours of backlogged games
I could skip 2 generations and be fine
I'm probably gonna skip a few if this keeps up

the only thing worse than a whale is a whale that sets the prices they are willing to pay for things that dont exist.

Attached: 1545866021135.png (1024x1262, 119K)

So if games became $100, would they still plummet to like $20 within 4-6 months as they do now? Because when I do buy games, it's way after launch when they're that cheap anyway

Yes, because shitposting no longer requires the finesse that it once did and this board has long since turned to shit. I can just take a random screenshot of my fucking twitter feed (which I just did, when I made this thread) about some lhiterally whomst and his dogshit opinions and suddenly I've got a 450 post thread full of retards arguing with each other.

This happened with the Japanese anime market, so new blurays would cost upwards of $60 for 2 episodes. And people still bought it because they're addicted and pathetic. Same thing will happen if vidya prices rise.

So free? Since most AAA titles have fucking f2p bullshit anyway

Think.

The 1% who buy day 1 shit just to showboat are not a reliable base to cater to

>raise prices so microtransactions aren't needed to justify the cost
>there's still microtransactions
This is the only way things will happen.

I'm too scared to pirate,i'm worried about viruses and miners, and I'm not savvy in it, so I just buy the games through g2a or kinguin

In what country you dense fucking turd?

$100 is nothing, your average consumer buys deluxe physical editions with figurines and whatever else they make.

So we're going back to the era where one game costs 450 Franc and all?

Consumers may be retards but they'll obviously notice if the price of games spikes by $40.

(((Western gaming)))

essentially

>your average consumer buys deluxe physical editions
Source?
Just because some people buy them doesn't mean most people buy them.

>game $150
>console 1k
>online pass $120
>dlc are $80 for 2 minutes add-on
>microtransactions are $60 for a useless item
>controller $160
>special controllers are $300
>special console are $1500
>day one patch 500GB

The best part is that when videogames will inevitably cost $120, Yea Forums will defend it.

Remember when you said you hated DLC, Yea Forums? Remember how you vowed never to buy that wretched "Horse Armor"?

You are cattle to be milked. Get excited for next product, stupid cattle.

Attached: 1560005502034.png (156x153, 48K)

They'll just reintroduce them "by public demand" later after doing the PR sing and dance to justify the new prices without them.

this, voice acting and motion capture

Hey cool, another perfect example of history repeating itself with another gaming collapse.

>First it started with a booming market that lead to an investment boom, that lead to a bloated market where dogshit games and solid gems are mixed together
>eventually game reviewers and publications are bought out by corporations so that people have no idea what they are buying anymore.

Now we are entering
>Gaming conglomerates are upset that investors aren't making returns that were projected as they would during the boom
>Double down and sell over-priced AAA garbage that are less fun than less full of content than games previously released

All of this shit has happened already. See you guys when gaming because a loser hobby again, and becomes reborn.

so eastern gaming would never do this?

there are people who spend 2000$ on skins in moba games

Games haven't cost 60$ since paid DLC became a thing. Most AAA games these days require you to spend actual THOUSANDS of you want to be a completionist. The industry is a fucking joke.

see

>The industry is a fucking joke.
yet you participate in it

Every modern game already releases a """"collectors edition""" with a glowing dildo that's 120$

Said collectors edition always sells out instantly, yes it's a smaller crowd but thinking no one will pay that is laughable when it already happens right now

>spend less on advanced graphics, models, textures, artists
>make a great game with limited resources
>suddenly you have thousands of extra dollars and most likely it's turned into a better game

what else would you pay for when books have superior stories and non graphic games are free with more freedom and depth than your average AAA game.

See

Why is Yea Forums so upset, the entire article is just some Polygon writer talking about how much she like subscriptions for video games.

People will still buy them for 100$, but it will be so much less that it will have an effect on the vidya economy

Not really convincing when you post a gacha character

>literally who Twitter thread
Fuck off

Rent
Or
Games

>spend less on advanced graphics, models, textures, artists
Then Yea Forums will attack it, posting epic webms and youtube videos of bad grafix.

i dont get what you're trying to say. Do you buy special gaming editions like a retard or do you live in a shitty country with a bad exchange rate?

>inevitably
People said that a decade ago. There's nothing inevitable about it.
Publishers just add more and more microtransactions instead of raising the base price, it's a savvier strategy since you'll have a larger playerbase to milk. It's easier to trick players into paying $1 60 times for microtransactions than it is to get them to pay $120 up front. And for those that are willing to pay more up front, there's deluxe editions that are stuffed full of cheap merchandise and a season pass that is almost never worth the price.
NOT TO MENTION because of the rise of digital stores, publishers are getting a bigger cut of every sale.

No, I don't. The only games I buy these days are indies. Everything else gets pirated.

I have not spent ONE dollar on a AAA game in a loooooong time.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

There are plenty of cheaper, better games coming out right now, some of which don't even have any form of DLC. You don't HAVE to obsess over yearly Assassin's Creed, FIFA or Call of Duty. Yea Forums of all places should be aware of that. AAA isn't the end all be all of gaming, it never was.

How about I use your boipussy to milk my cock instead

Based and Yarrpilled

theres a straw that eventually breaks the camals back just like in any market unless you live in a communist shit hole.

>obviously notice if the price of games spikes by $40
of course they'll notice that, then go online and complain, then go out and buy the fucking game since they're clinically retarded, then go online and complain some more. Instead of voting with their wallets they just bend over and spread those ass cheeks

Games that are 60 in the US cost 100 where i live. This scare mongering is retarded and has no legs to stand on.

>pay $300
>you can use reskin of a starter frame for a week

BASED

Take 5 seconds to think instead of being a retard. If games cost $60 in USA which exchanges to 100 where you live, if USA prices raises to $100 that will cause your price to _____________?

remember when Yea Forums fought against paid DLC and won

remember when Yea Forums fought against always online DRM and won

remember when Yea Forums fought against arbitrary exclusivity and won

oh wait no Yea Forums lost every single one of those and now videogames are worse than ever before

Attached: 1568748890613.jpg (570x511, 38K)

In a post Terraria economy the going rate for a game that will last me dozens if not hundreds of hours is $10, not $110. $35 max if I want to spring for Minecraft or Rimworld. If the big studios can't compete with that, that's their problem. I do not buy $60 games anymore, and I will not buy $120 games

As a rampant pirate unaffected by this I support this.

Every fucking deluxe edition costs $100 retard.

60 bucks is already pushing it, a lot of people wait for the price to drop to like $25 and buy it with all the patches, DLC and shit (not to mention regional pricing). Also, the abundance of digital sales nowadays means publishers have to spend less on manufacturing and delivery of physical disks.

It's not the consumer's problem that publishers and devs inflate their development budgets to tens and hundreds of millions and then have to scramble to make a profit.

Attached: 1556442451346.jpg (286x267, 20K)

>look we dont have to do loot boxes anymore! we raised the price!
>add loot boxes later anyway

imagine thinking a corporation wont be greedy

>It's not the consumer's problem that publishers and devs inflate their development budgets to tens and hundreds of millions and then have to scramble to make a profit.

It actually is. You shitheads constantly complain about muh graphics and content.

I bet this is some san fran hispter "indie" dev who thinks his 10 min walking simulator about demi otherkin trans black women are oppressed and orange man bad. And thinks he should be paid $150 for it.
These faggot should have just stayed in their lane and kept up turning dumpsters and calling it "art".

Idk because the price for games in the US has almost been steady for decades while here, the price for games has increased steadily during that same time

to be fair, I mainly complain about that shit when using Bethesda as an example, and how no-name modders can basically do their jobs 10x better than them, with their engine none the less.

>standards boring through the floor for over a decade
>games already suffering from overinflated budget ruining design decisions
>reached the point where it's shocking to have more than one game that's not actively dogshit release in a year
>pay more

Why would I? It's so easy to make a big thread full of retards arguing with each other, I just take a fucking screen cap of my twitter feed of someones dogshit opinion and then I can make a thread full of retards arguing with each other.

They're lucky if I pay more than 15 for the motherfuckers.

this opinion is funny as shit when you remember most AAA games drop to $20 after a few months anyway. imagine trying to sell someone a game for $120 dollars when they have the knowledge that that same game will be a sixth the price before the end of the year.

Yea Forums won't care about a game unless it's marketed heavily so Yea Forums has itself to blame really

just look at memelands 3, shit had to be viraled here and it worked

Based.

Attached: C92341E8-E4E0-4FD4-B0DE-371BD0B87A7B.jpg (960x884, 65K)

>100 buckos for a moviegame
No thank you.

Attached: 1565248960917.png (175x282, 26K)

He would have a point if studios were closing left and right, but they aren't.

My point is if theres a spike in price here it will transition everywhere, and there's no guarantee that consumers will simply stick around. I myself already wait until steam sales to purchase my games, and if Bethesda wanted to release fallout 5's base vanilla game for $120 I would have 0 issues never buying it.

>I can make a thread full of retards arguing with each other
It's an interesting topic to think about, the twitter pic is just an instigation. Will the industry suffer another crash? Will the consumers bow down and accept $100-150 AAA games? Things like that.

next year

>$150 for a video game is racist and that's not okay

This twitter post is a trick question: the game's should be free, and the microtransactions should be $300+

These are the same type of people that complain about long hours and crunch times in gaming when half of their work day consists of playing hacky sack and eating artisan pizza

SJW bloggers always take the side of big corporations so it'll be the opposite

1. Stop making day 1 DLC, just include it in the game.
2. Properly test your game, so it comes out with minimal to no bugs.
3. Offer lots of bonus content like games used to. Skins, cheat codes, tons of unlockables, all up front.
4. Offer me a fulfilling dollar an hour experience. No filler or grinding. Requiring multiple playthroughs to fulfill this, is allowed. But only if there is decent enough incentive to replay the game. If the game has no replay value, and I can't get my time in, then it doesn't count.

Do all this, and I will consider a higher price tag.

I can get behind what youre saying. I just dont think we should be up in arms just yet

>Thinking your price wouldn't also jump up to $140

Im glad that as a piratechad i dont have to take part in this absurd discussion.
They can cost 500 for all I care.

>buy $60 AAA game
>it's painfully boring garbage, obvious that all of the budget went to flashy cinematics rather than good gameplay
>buy $10 indie game (in some instances, even less if it's part of a bundle), or old game from GOG
>it is infinitely more fun and has 1,000x the soul of the $60 game
I have an extraordinarily hard time justifying shelling out 60 bucks for a game anymore.

Attached: 1567864485948.jpg (1024x937, 83K)

>100-150$ plus DLCs
I mean, they have the right to dream about it.

Attached: 1548779311501.png (492x503, 439K)

>hurr my country's currency forces me to pay more so everyone else should have to as well

Brainlet take

Attached: 1562011424574.png (960x730, 200K)

>Im glad that as a piratechad i dont have to take part in this absurd discussion
This, honestly. Gaming peaked in early-mid 2000's anyway, it's all downhill from there.

Stop making AAA games

Attached: varg-vikernes.jpg (630x420, 67K)

do you know how much people spend on mobile games? 100 is chump change

Second post best post.

Yeah, Scourge of Ubisoft

Screeching Soiboi

>le gaymen crash will fix everything
The only part of the industry to survive any crash would be the most undesirable parts of it. You think you want a crash, but you don't.

Attached: 1506293390030.png (400x400, 342K)

>do you know how much people spend on mobile games?

Neither do you.

Pirates will save gaming.

Attached: chad pirate.png (2518x1024, 276K)

This is the most boomer shit I've ever read.

We already do from DLC, Season Passes, and Microtransactions.

Can you point me to threads where people were/are bitching because they had to pay more before all thos bullshit happened? If not, dilate and have sex.

>Spending $500 million on making a video game doesn't make sense anymore

Attached: consider.jpg (600x600, 32K)

basically see
All this shit and every argument has been made already. There was a time when video games were utterly dominating their demography; people were excited for next gen console releases, people were excited for sequels to franchises they were used to, etc. People were spending $40 on new releases in 1980 which was insane to think about at the time, but the market compelled it.. That is until big corp shot themselves in the foot and consumers, almost over-night, dropped off 90% of the industry filed bankrupt. Its not a bad thing, I want this to happen.

>haha i'll le just pirate le games
How's that Borderlands 3 crack coming along, Yea Forums?

Oh no, what's that? Still not cracked? Oh noooo that's so bad for yoooou~!

Attached: 1560107741702.jpg (225x225, 9K)

if you get 501 million dollars then it makes sense

Literal newfag, you and your third world currency can fuck off.

Attached: 1523074301715.jpg (250x231, 6K)

> when you remember most AAA games drop to $20 after a few months anyway.
Depends on how well it sells in the first week really.
BF5 got like a 90% cut 3 weeks after launch because of the bad press and telling all the white males to fuck off.
Yet there are some niche as fuck JRPGs on the PSN that are still going for $60.
Same will Fallout 76. They ended up bundling that pile of shit with fucking PS4 controllers. They could hardly even give it away.

Nothing is uncrackable.

based and redpilled

the complete opposite is true. The ONLY REASON why half-whit tranny hacks and nu-males even have jobs in the industry is because of the bloated cash floating around. After a crash where a sizable portion of the market cashes in and pulls out, only actual people with talent will be left to collect relevant salaries to put out new games.

This, AA is the way to go, flawed but fun games.

So crack it then, if you're so great.

>pirated games for years
>started using steam and paid for games for years
>now back to pirating

anyone else?

I mean, I'll pirate something worth my sweat user.

If this actually happens I'll probably stop buying games all together unless they are in a deep sale

anything always online takes too much effort to make playable for 99% of the games

This is what gets me the most about a lot of "pirates"
They talk all this shit about how pirating is just copying code, but these greased up niggers can't even crack their own games.
Just niggers in the deep ocean that ain't got no clue what's underneath them

>I-I DON'T EVEN WANT IT!!! NYEH!!
Big bad pirate acting like a toddler.

I'm 29 and it's true. These wimps are acting as if they are working 14 hour days in a factory eating nothing but vending machine sandwiches

Are you me?

>wait a year for all the dlc to come out and bugs to be fixed
>pirate it

thanks for beta testing buyfags

ill crack your mom instead bitch boi

Attached: 1553029799194.png (2072x1495, 1.78M)

Probably not since the opportunity costs are likely to be higher

All of my favorite games in the last few years have cost 30 bucks or less. The big companies can crash and burn for all I care.

Based pirates keeping lootboxes and DLCs alive

pirating what?

Attached: GoSellLimonadeOrSomething.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

>why yes, I'm you, how could you tell?

Attached: 1561406859374.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

[laughs in league of legends]

Anyone that is actually waiting on a crack for Gears 5 is a fucking retard.
If you can't afford 2$ you need to be euthanized, no joke

>3rd world
>from a baby that cant pay 100
Cry more reddit

But it's literally not worth.

>2 brand new games
>2 shit games

Gee i wonder

see
also those are shit games

They did for Scam Citizen

NOOO DELETE THIS NOOO PIRATEBROS STOP HIM

Attached: 1386646966592.gif (500x379, 933K)

Lucky for me I play CSGO the most out of any game, and I bought it fucking almost 8 years ago. I can't remember the last time I worried about buying a game on release.

I wouldn't bother pirating those games if I could.

The doubloon goes to this user right here.

>2 shit games

That are multiplayer dependent, thus creating cracks for those is useless since no one will fuck around with hamachi servers or that shit.

Tfw paying $0
Fpbp

That's a very idealistic outlook, and one that isn't really ringing true for any sort of industry crash. Large companies would do what they do every crash, gobble up smaller equity and stay alive. This happened with the american recession in recent years.

Attached: 1474806728098.gif (300x250, 3K)

>Zachary
fucking jews

>Pirating a fighting game.

Attached: 1210219348905.png (716x491, 321K)

>$120-$150

Where are they getting these numbers from? It really doesn't cost that much to make a game. Even a big budget game is about $40mil. $59.99 plus some Microtransactions is more than making their money back if it doesn't flop. Even without the Microtransactions they can make that money back.

Unfortunately this. Jim Sterling may actually be right. May as well accelerate this industry somewhere.

Attached: 1557088246446.jpg (676x485, 365K)

This is probably fake. Warframe never intended to be subscription based. If it's real then warframe surely is dying.

>Say poorfags need to be euthanized
>Get replied to with le foxy grapes

Attached: 1569161189242.webm (720x720, 1.99M)

Yeah there's literally nothing to pirate.

Attached: file.png (1036x207, 23K)

>name
>the best idiot
Yeah, you indeed are

Based

Anno 1800 is uncrackable

>Yet there are some niche as fuck JRPGs on the PSN that are still going for $60.
that's just because jap companies realize how bad it looks to discount the shit out of your games too quickly so they're way more reluctant to tank the price. generally japanese games don't get hard discounted and just get put on sale occasionally.

mad as fuck fox (also gay)

>

Attached: depositphotos_12866610-stock-photo-young-pirate-crying.jpg (680x1024, 87K)

I'm not going to pay anything for videogames anymore. I'm not supporting an industry of soiboi Identity fascists.

>epic store version of Batman Arkham Knight unironically performs better and has much better loading times because it has no denuvo

Attached: 1440956329164.jpg (275x290, 21K)

shoot the messengers

Guess he wasn't expecting a girl at the counter.

>literal who, likely an indie dev, surprise surprise thinks he's worth 2-3 times than he actually is and should have people throwing money at him
Not a fan, but Jim Sterling puts it best - nobody asked companies to double/triple their budgets so games cost more. Why should anyone accept the price tag when it's the companies making shit more expensive? How come every game, regardless of budget, usually releases at $60, and at least $30?

>nobody would spend $100 on a video game
It's happened before and will happen again. If CDProjekt said Cyberpunk would cost an extra $15 to offset dev costs, would it sell worse?

Raise the price to $120 and see if the market still buys your games.

when bl3 gets cracked you're going to join the screencap

No really.
>Gay ass bullet sponge shooter which relied on raw machismo is now a sensitive vagina game.

>Literally gay ass skinnerbox loot game with shitty meme writing.

>Gay ass fighting game from a series that's known for its shallow yet cinematic experience. But this time with even more grinding to unlock everything, and unfair difficulty at that.

Fuck, I don't even know what the Division is. Just looks like a boring shooter to me.

Nintendo is the king of that and they're probably right to do it desu

>i rike ther Davision

Attached: 1555331386807.png (842x792, 97K)

There is a reason that games don't cost more despite pushing this narrative for literally a decade. The companies perform consumer tests and realize people won't buy their games at $100, so they content themselves with selling it for less and trying to squeeze people other ways.

What really needs to happen is changing how video games are made. The cost of development has increased, but this increase is almost entirely driven by advertisement. Marketing now can be anywhere from 35-50% of a game's budget. People who buy video games will buy them and find out about them through easily available game news outlets. The money for advertising is not even giving them the kind of returns that would justify it.

>"Man what the fuck, what does her being a girl have to do with..."
>Bust out laughing
Okay, I concede, that was hilarious

Attached: 1569108086015.png (392x464, 293K)

wow, the poor film industry must be just scraping by charging just $15 a ticket in 2019!

Attached: 7FC00664-66BF-4707-B5FE-0D33B1A420D1.jpg (859x348, 17K)

It's true, some large companies would still continue to exist but also some would end forever. Within those large companies that do survive, irrelevant people that suck at their job and serve 0 purpose anymore (as the industry they served is now gone) would be fired, and their positions filled with competent people again. This happened when gaming industry crashed in the early 80s, then by the late 80s there was perfect balance of progression for 2 decades. I mean I remember being blown away by games during DOS, then some years later another IP would get released and blow everyones nips off, which lead to SEGA and nintendo and so on.

Piratebros have taste, which is why no one cracks this trash kek.

Division is dogshit you're not missing a thing. It's another bullet sponge game that is dead already

>f-f-f-f-fuck those grapes! i hate them!

Too busy actually owning my games to cry.

Attached: file.png (203x36, 1K)

spbp

isn't the new division a nightmare to run properly?

If you’ve bought an AAA made since 2008 you are contributing to the absolute cancer that is the modern games industry.

I was implying that it was inevitable. Which it is, it's always inevitable, going by pure technicals. And it's always an excellent indicator of whether the game's good or not, depending on if people want it cracked or not.
Are you going to mock people for not cracking Handball 17 next?

>isn't the new division a nightmare to run properly?

Yes, AND its dogshit.

People should tell him that just because you "take the insult away from people" don't mean people wont still use it on you.
I would not say that. Some stinkers from japs have gone the way of the price cut.
It just happens way less often and less on the western stores. Japs are well known for review bombing Amazon to tank prices.

Fox.

Grapes.

>end up shitposting on Yea Forums and playing old pc games from the 90s-00s on your toaster anyway

I treat it more like a mecha. Modal Soul is its name

Attached: 1568810724446.jpg (1200x1600, 348K)

Piracy is going to be a household staple in the future. Shows and movies are secluding themselves to paid subscription streaming services, socialist shits want to boost the price of vidya, and even printed media is being locked away for a limited time to read on e-book scam websites.

Attached: 1470610067141.gif (492x376, 337K)

You are trying hard to push this gay reddit meme huh?

Attached: 1562380280838.png (254x261, 9K)

>nobody asked companies to double/triple their budgets so games cost more
Not entirely true, people love the next shiny thing, and that costs a pretty penny.

not true

My nibba, I only buy AAA when it's more than 60% discounted.

how much would it realistically cost me to buy some shitty 2012 server from a university auction and then host my own video streaming service where I'm the only one that can upload. It's gonna be called guytube

>poorfags talking about performance issues
Geez, i wonder...

Based and torrentpilled

Atleast i CAN play old PC games from the 90s. Go ahead and pop your PS1 games into your PS4 you dumb bitch.

>FOX AND GRAPES IS JUST A REDDIT MEME
Fuck off furfag tourist, Fox and Grapes has been used for decades on Yea Forums.

my god I want to cuddle with her

>Whole thread is about games going up in price
>Article is about moving to subscription-based gaming

What the fuck Yea Forums?

I mean as in it's optimized like literal poop. Even a high end PC had trouble running shit vanilla FO4 years ago

>0 schekel where deposited into your account
There, happy?

>to not be a poorfag you need to have a $6000 PC to run a horribly optimized game

Weird flex

based

I just have to wonder how much money would be saved if they fired all them "diversity officers" and paid the coders more better to make them work more better.
Perhaps then they would be motivated enough to make games optimized to run at 4k 60fps.

>reading a fucking article from a twitter post
Hello marketing. Does your PR team know you're posting here?

>Fox and Grapes has been used for decades on Yea Forums.
haha no

Attached: 1390728757826.jpg (550x500, 127K)

no it's not t. ancient faggot

based af

return to gaia faggots

They'd probably save a lot of money too if they focused more on making games that play fun instead of focusing on how good they look.

Why not? Im not a thirdie and actually have a job

SPEND MORE CONSUMERS

youtube.com/watch?v=xw6XHHVxgX4
>Spend $1400 on a card just to play at 55-70 jittery fps

>spills spaghetti in front of girl and drops his gun
>too fat to get over the counter to retrieve it
>Pants fall down as he's trying to escape

It just kept getting better.

Attached: 1561431605180.gif (500x320, 2.88M)

you sound like someone whose always broke one week after payday

The issue is a bit deeper than that. Many of these AAA companies are so big that many departments are over-compartmentalized with a sort of "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem. I forget the company in particular, but a youtuber did a tour of their facility and how it worked and basically he was surprised to find out there were people hired whos sole purpose was to keep track of who was where, and who needed to relay what information to who... Because there was so many employees many of them didn't even know who their coworkers were as if they didnt exist at all. This is all to keep up an "image" of professionalism mind you, its worthless in reality.

Gears 5 is cracked, tho

basically this. Unless you're a trust fund fag, no actual successful person unironically brags about wasting money

Why on earth would anyone shill on/v/ lmao.

Attached: 1518591633097.jpg (1024x1024, 275K)

Imagine hating games and the people who play them so much that you actively support another video game crash.

I looked this guy up and apparently he's a nobody who was once had an ongoing podcast that no longer exists

Why do millenials think they deserve to get this much money for sitting in front of PC?

Nah i save 30-50% of my salary each month

I've worked in a company like this but in a different industry. Many companies suffer from huge bloat to try and keep all their departments working in tandem.

its not that there should be a want or need for it to happen, its simply an inevitably. Like nature.

I haven't paid attention to what that fat cuck has said in years.
What was he saying?

Because 4channel has been normalfag tier since a while.

Some games can cost $20, like indie games, some can cost $120, like flight sims. What part of the free market don’t you retards (present company and gaylord journalists in the OP included) get?

Same, I see a lot of striking similarities between the gaming and auto industry, for example.

Imagine how many more people simply scrolled by in the short time you've been here. What the fuck do you mean why on earth. It's called sensationalism, click bait, mind gacha.

Attached: k.png (128x66, 1K)

Free market is globohomo

the free market includes consumers that have a price cap you fuck whit

That to. I just wondered how much of a development budget was spent making sure all the alphabets and blacks are all in line instead on making a fun and optimised game. I bet it is more than 10%. Shitlibs wont ruin our games for free. They demand compensation for their "efforts".
The diversity officer position is used as an example of that. Because it the stand out worthless position. It is post created to keep whiny shitheads who wont even buy the game on twitter off their backs. It serves 0 purpose in making the end product better. The game suffers for it.

I can tell you’re poor, since people who aren’t tend to have a greater grasp of what their money is worth.

haha fat retard Americans.

I think the point he's making is that as the cost of development goes up, the cost of purchasing a game has remained the same. But the article is advocating for lowering the cost of purchasing a game, probably because there are now tons of small mobile games that are only like a dollar.

I cannot express enough how much THIS

On the rare occasion I agree with that fat faggot Sterling, games should not have 60 dollar base, the base should be zero dollars if they want freemium economies too.

Sure, but it takes months if not years after the fact nowadays. You'll get to play it, but there's no discussion about the game anymore because you had to wait to pirate it, you won't be able to access any features tied to online (Of which there are more and more with every game), and you'll have to deal with problems legitimate customers don't have. Even if you just want to play the game in a vacuum you're still waiting an extraordinary amount of time to do it compared to someone who simply waits for a clearance sale a couple months after the game's release.

>AAA games
Who the fuck cares?
I pulled the trigger when these constant threads about Underrail popped up, bough it with the expansion, 70s hours in and I still have not finished it.
Come to think of it none of the recent AAA games have not tickled my pickle enough to warrant multiple playthroughs and to think I'd have to pay 120 Yuros/Petrodollars for a new one seems like a recipe for disappointment.

The problem with that is the big dogs running the company don't give two licks of a shit about how the game plays, but how it looks. Just look at how Anthem turned out: No one knew what the fuck they were doing until the last 16 months of development in its 6 year span, the only reason they put flying in and kept it in was to impress Patrick Soderlund with a pre-recorded demo for a game they had no idea what it was about as previously nothing moved him, and that was that.

The game suffered under a fuckload of other problems too though, like how Frostbyte is such a gigantic piece of shit engine to work with that basic functions from any other engine weren't there and it made people not even want to bother with bug fixes or expanding on new ideas or gameplay features, crew that do know how the fucked engine works were shipped over to keep the FIFA milk cow alive and rarely flown out to fix shit fucked in Anthem, and the whole time the team were still unsure of what the game was even supposed to be. The top guys only care about pretty graphics and that's it; anything else will be shot down and buried under a sea of mediocre mechanics that's covered in a pretty coat of paint.

>Don't even care about new games anymore
>Could very happily do without them and play through the vast catalog of forgotten classics
>Still going to pirate new games until the ship sails and everything is always online and the medium dies

And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Cope jews, cope Tim sweeney, cope gaben, cope ubisoft, cope EA, cope Rockstar and cope trannies

And I don't have to pay anything to play something else (read: almost the entire endless library of PC games, and console games via emulators) in the meantime. Sounds like a good deal.

If thats true, then how come lots of games make substantial profit?

>that Yea Forumsirgin who still buys his own video games instead of demanding his patrons buy them for him

lol what are you even doing

Attached: 1547619034392.png (222x286, 130K)

Amen to that brother

Attached: 1563079365111.jpg (764x960, 97K)

How about I just stop buying vidya altogether?
Given my backlog that actually makes the most sense of all.
I have enough unplayed vidya to entertain me for a decade.

>Yet there are some niche as fuck JRPGs on the PSN that are still going for $60.
Which you can easily get off of Amazon for $20. Unless your game had an incredibly limited run like Job Simulator or Gravity Rush (NTSC-U) you're not really going to have to worry about such a thing happening because prices drop steeply on almost every game released nowadays barring Nintendo-published games (Yokai Watch 2, Blasters, and 3 go for disgusting amounts).

Holy based

The amount of sales on games is ridiculous. If you cant even chuck them a few quid then you are a colossal cunt and dont deserve to play any games

i see what you mean, but its also shit like
>corporate structure demands a "head members" of managers below the shareholders who relay directions downstairs to middle managerse who deal with giving orders downstairs onto the lower masses of employees divided into groups
>The "head designer" of level design or art concepts never actually meets with any teams actually creating said levels or rendering textures, just a constant back and forth of telephone

I literally cannot express how based you are. Fuck.

>numale
>commiefornian
>democrat
>wants to pay more money for the same shit
Nothing out of the ordinary

to be honest i dont even fucking bother pirating ubishit or EA games anymore
I dont even watch gameplay at this point
Most recent ubishit game i pirated was the sands of time POP trilogy, great games

now i wish i did, fuck

Firstly, what this guy said.Secondly, if videogame prices actually did go up to 120 to 150 US dollars, I would pirate the everliving fuck out of absolutely everything I could simply out of sheer spite. Fuck, I'd even pirate the things I already bought and legally own, just because.

Seriously, do idiots like this think all the torrent clients and sites in the world are just going to vanish into thin air and never come back or some shit? How fucking stupid can one twitter tard be?

He is talking about his game man. The one he is currently develo- i mean buying of the Unity store. That is what his issue is. He has the arrogance to think his 8 bit indie shit pile is worth $150.

you cant always blame the big dogs for everything. Sure they dont give a shit about the final product, they never did, they just invest money. You have to also admit there lies blame to spineless hacks that like the fact that they go to LA for the gay flashy bullshit with the hired booth girls and all that, and there are too many consumers out there straight up not being responsible with their purchases. I swear the sentiment even 10 years ago wasn't even close to being "oh well, I bought this $60 game thats a POS, better luck next time." I legit sold my PS3 when I got bored of COD and beat RE5 100% in a weekend, only for it to be worth a 1/3rd to be sold back.

by underpaying their employees and making them work too hard.
fork up the cash, fashy

Attached: ADFX-02_After_V2_Launch.jpg (352x240, 36K)

it's funny how nintendo is still the only games that retain their value. other AAA games are like 20 bucks SAME YEAR now. i guess this is the difference between tighter-knit studios and publishers outsourcing the work to like 30 different (foreign) studios to paste it all together once they receive the parts back

>it's funny how nintendo is still the only games that retain their value
Because Nintendo has some ridiculous rule on "Not damaging their brand" by selling games at a lower value which means fork over that $5-12 on VC games that don't carry over across generations while everyone else lets you buy their equivalent for as low as a dollar during sales. Nintendo also refuses to do sales more than $10 unless it's a huge event like Black Friday while everyone else is fine with $20 drops or even $30-40 drops on various games. Then when they do do budget versions they fuck up the covers, fuck up the box colors, and then sell them years after there's any demand for them at a lower price.

Hell, look at their ridiculous digital store prices. The only things ever on sale are third party things, you need to rely on Club Nintendo codes that you have to pay for with gold coins and even then you're restricted to the titles you can buy, DLC is almost never on sale (Has the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 even been on sale once in the US?), even stuff licensed out to third parties like Ubisoft took years for sales (Mario and Rabbids only just got sales on the season pass).

Nintendo not dropping the prices unless their games flop drives me insane when literally every other company, even the stingiest like Konami, drop them slowly but assuredly within the course of a year or two. You can still go into a store today and get asked to pay $60 for a Wii U copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fatal Frame 5 still costs full price.

AAA is going to die. They can't maintain the glut of publishing and development costs with manipulative and abusive means like gambling mechanics and games as services and absolutely no one is going to buy the newest Call of Duty for 120+ USD.

Nah the monetization model is pretty bad now in warframe, but that hasn't cause growth to stop, if anything its doing better than when its monetization model wasn't gouging players constantly.

Attached: 1455434654675767.png (761x655, 275K)

AAA is going to die. They can't maintain the glut of publishing and development costs with manipulative and abusive means like gambling mechanics and games as services and absolutely no one is going to buy the newest Call of Duty for 120+ USD.

Only small studios making smaller games are going to be able to manage profits over production costs. Mark me.

This is what i find so funnt when shills try and act like slashing prices 40-70% after launch is a special tactic move. Like somehow selling 4 million units for 22.95 is just as good as selling 3 million copies for 60

This. Its nothing about actual value, otherwise VVVVVV wouldn't still be $10 on the 3ds store 6 years later when you can get it on steam for pennies.
>virtual console
They can get fucked with this. 35 years later and Super Mario Bros is still worth $5-10?
Sega had been pumping out those Genesis minis with 80 games for years for barely anything, yet Nintendo charges stupid money for LITERAL roms.
Easily one of the worst companies for it but somehow has the most defenders.

Other thread got deleted right after I posted so I'm going to repost.

If a typical blockbuster movie can cost 200 million minimum to produce and I can buy 5 tickets for the price of one game, that's over a billion dollars of production for the equivalent of one game.
Often these games are incomplete, unfinished with content promised down the line, incomplete and the actual full games might cost hundreds or padded out with pointless busy work and grind to appear to have more content than really is present.
So where the fuck are these idiots getting this idea that a company needs to charge more money for AAA games that cost way less the an equivalent blockbuster movie?
A movie that cost 300 million to produce is the same price as a movie that cost 30 million to produce and nobody is arguing otherwise because the company spending 300 million is doing so with the understanding that they are taking a completely optional risk for a potentially humongous payoff.
Same shit with games, companies with big budgets are intentionally risking big for an even bigger payoff, that is their choice and they could easily be spending less money and in turn less risk but are choosing to take it on, it's not a necessity it's a choice so like hell I'm going to cover subsidize their risk taking.
Every faggot that argues games should cost more should have their face punched in.

see

Yarrrrr

>buying new games ever

Western trash games are frontloaded as fuck. They only care about first month sales, hell first week sales. Build hype hype hype then release a shit game.

When stuff like Undertale can make gorillions, triple A devs have no excuse.

Never too late!

This.
Yea Forums is graphics whore central, sonyfags especially argued that graphics are content.

So grass is more important than Gameplay to them.

They should find new better jobs

Okay fine. But then we need to also:

-raise minimum wage to account for inflation
-get rid of microtransactions, DLC, and "live services" since those "extra" money making measures won't be necessary anymore.
-reduce waste at companies including overpaying for trips, dinners and excessive meetings over fucking nothing.
-reduce CEO pay (as he/she doesn't need that much excess) and reduce financial burdens demanded by shareholders as well as make them the third choice for what to care about as a company trumped by employees and customers.

If they cannot do all of these then games deserve to stay at $60, probably less.

I do maybe once per year
Literally playing the witcher 3 which i got -85% off from steam sale

According to Wikipedia, the most expensive games to make still cost $100m less than the most expensive movies (~400 vs ~300)

The highest grossing movies made ~2.5-3b

The highest grossing games even in recent years made 5b

why should we pay $120 for a game when a copy of a movie or a ticket costs like $15?

More like 4 years later, when it's actually complete, $15 bismuth edition with all the DLC included

Objectively games are a better value. Still, they *should* be cheaper, because nickel-and-diming people into amassing huge backlogs they’ll never play encourages impulse buying and discourages pirates

Attached: 100DB0F4-DC91-4376-B189-BA80EE540CF8.jpg (850x857, 262K)

IT doesn't they should be $40 with all the shit they cut out

This. A million times this. This is one of the biggest reasons I have aboslutely no problem waiting for cracks and pirating all of their shit. I can literally play all the games they don't have on the switch with emulators... ON THE SWITCH. And even if they do bring them out, they'll be like $10+ over fucking nothing. Nintendo is so fucking outdated in almost every way. Their outdated in practices, game launch methods and pricing, and console pricing and features. That remake of the gameboy zelda was 60 fucking dollars. SIXTY. Oh and I played it... but I fucking downloaded that shit from a romsite because fuck paying them $60 for that shit.

He's right, physical stores used to take a way higher cut, they should drop the prices since steam saves them money.

>pay 150 bucks for a game
>it turns out to be shit
>get cucked out of my hard earned money

>buyfag is cencored into buy

>He hasn't put all his money into crypto

Attached: 3fcf09f3103c06904b141485267ade86.jpg (1024x1280, 542K)

>outdated
They're more than that, they're completely delusional when it comes to the industry.
They've just released their new SNES virtual console subscription service which comes with 20 games, half of which are literal whos.
I can't even play Super Castlevania IV on it, yet I can on the virtual console of every other Nintendo system. Why then would I pay a subscription?
They also massively overestimate the value of the games they sell. If someone told me Donkey Kong Country from the SNES was worth $10 today, I'd say you were made.
But they get away with it all because you still get fanboys like Scott the Woz saying the shitty practices are like 4d chess, with the stagnated releases promoting curation and other stupid crap.

Codexed

Attached: .png (493x241, 183K)

Ive spend literally 1 dollar each for few recent big games. Bought steam account access. Works like a charm.

Based pirachad.

I'll agree that the whole argument for buying instead pirating is asinine but some of the shit on the buyer side is ludicrous and not even remotely true.
>infantile and dull. Video games are their only interest.
This seems like a contradiciton. Someone who buys games usually has less time to spend on setting up for piracy or cracking a console. So they're lazy and probably spend most of their time doing something other than gaming. If anything the person who cares enough to hack a console and get a cracked copy of a game (either through torrenting or searching for legit romsites) is going to be the one who is so obsessed with games that they'll go through all those hoops just to play them. That's not a defense of buyfags either. Their idiots for not taking anything seriously enough to fight for what's in their best interest. But that being said, this picture needs to be updated.

Based

Attached: 1561039647077.png (1673x2160, 1.26M)

>Pirating AAA games
Shame on you

>Why yes, I do sail the high-seas pillaging port towns drinking rum singing sea shanties and raping women? What gave it away?

I didn't know about this because I literally stopped watching their news on anything since I hacked my switch. I literally just recheck romsites every week to see what new games are out. That sounds fucking bogus. Also, fuck any of those cancerous youtube vloggers who literally make up excuses FOR the companies so they don't have to. Nintendo has never said anything about curation and Scott said this? What a fucking tool.

lol games are $90 up here in Canada, that shitty Link's awakening remake, fucking NINETY DOLLARS.

Daily Blackpill regards piracy

>ps4 and x1 dont have piracy...only pc and Nintendards

Attached: 260px-Zoe_Quinn_at_GDC_2016_(25777166301)_(cropped).jpg (260x323, 21K)

I have spent maybe a total of 1000€ on dota 2 cosmetics/compendiums

>his pants fall down
Kek

>the fucking clip comes out

Attached: 1553550198793.gif (208x156, 1.23M)

>pronouns in bio
Ah no wonder why this dipshit thought he wasn't dumb

I came across it almost accidentally since I use a 3ds for emulation, but it's really bad.
>nintendo.com/switch/online-service/nes/
Check out the available games, all Nintendo first party titles or crap you've never heard of minus a couple. I never even new Earth Defence Force started as a generic sidescrolling shooter, but here it is.
>Scott
I quite like his videos, since I'm jealous of the childlike wonder he has for everything, but yeah he did.
It's on one of his older videos on the Virtual Console which basically turns into 10 minutes of him saying "it's not that bad, it has some pretty good games, who cares that it took 5+ years for the WiiU to get a half decent library of overpriced VC games".
Nintendo doesn't need defending, yet people do for muh nostalgia.

>"The Best Idiot"
Embarrassing deflection given that it's true.

fuken based

That'll just force East Europe-tier piracy in America

These right here

Strange, because a majority of the best selling games lately have been rather modest in visuals. On the PC side too most consumers have low to mid range gear.
Thing is fancy bullshots are a hell of a lot easier to make and market than actually improving anything gameplay related, especially when games journalists don't want to play games in the first place.

nah imma pirate everything
even your mom

Okay, I'll be honest... I know about 70% of those games, but about half of that 70% I know only because of emulators, lol. If I were a "legal" purchaser I'd have not known almost any of that shit.

And Yea Forums has a complete mental breakdown about this every time.
This place is literally everything wrong with the industry

THIS DESU SENPAI I'm downloading gears 5 right now even though I could get it for 5€.

I get what you mean. I'm looking at it more from the absence aspect of it. There's plenty of classic games for both consoles that don't appear on it.

The hat, eye patch, and parrot.

keep sucking that corp dick faggot
imma play for free

before anyone memes about aussie/new zealand prices being already at $100-$120. The exhcange rate equates to 75 - 62 USD. A $150 USD game would cost $249 over here. A ps4 console with 4 games is $569. In no universe would a market survive games costing that much.

Attached: 2019-09-23 22_22_16-Window.png (179x322, 35K)

a movie costs many times over and costs many times less
why is this allowed?

Glanced at this image dozens of times and only just now noticed the xbox tumor on steamjak. Nice touch.

Yea Forums is nothing but compulsive shitposters, /pol/ and Reddit refugees and shills. It is not representative of the actual marketbase. There is more than enough room in the market for modestly budgeted games in-between the Indy pixelshit and AAA movie games.

>check who the writer is
>PATRICIA HERNANDEZ AGAIN
>other articles include "homophobic gamers block gay game from coming to Steam" and "politics should be more involved in gaming discussions"

Thanks asshole, I smashed a champagne bottle against my rig to christen it and now it's broken.

Christ, the only thing I hate more than Warframe are the retards that play that shit.

games were best when they were $49.99
cutting the budget for PR and abandoning tripe A production (by reducing dev time and studio size) would open way for creativity and more games overall. instead of one shitty annual ass creed, ubi could make 5 smaller games and 1 of that 5 could be really good.

I still use steam and buy when the developer seems sane and I know the game is good, but all these AAA retards that just shit out terrible games can eat my ass. Not even worth the pirate 80% of the time.

paying 120 dolars for a early acess that may be discontinued

My fucking sides hahaha

When you take inflation into account, new Mega Drive/SNES games in the 90s used to cost more than this.

lol the clip came out

>Yea Forums
>being even relevant to this industry
Adorable

Who the fuck wants to play any of that garbage

Attached: 1541984939742.jpg (328x281, 79K)

>PAY UP, GOY
No.

Same here. My backlog can sustain me for years to come

I haven't paid $60 for a game in years

naming a ship after its first launch is bad luck, but then again so is not naming you ship at all

I would pay $120 if I got a COMPLETE FUCKING GAME. Unfortunately service games are literally all there is from AAA these days.

This dumb nigger doesn't understand the only reason games still cost between $40 - $60 is because the industry has completely changed to make their income from MTX. If MTX did not exist games probably would cost $100 or more right now, or they wouldn't be the big blockbuster triple A shit we currently have because companies wouldn't have the money to produce them (which would be a good thing, but that's not the point.) They are $60 because of MTX, season passes, DLC, etc. It's fucking simple. Keep the entry point cheap/safe, and then wrap your claws around them for the long run.

Attached: 1559617280366.png (694x632, 167K)

80-90$ is standard pricing for videogames in my country.
Limited editions are +20/30$ on top.

I already spend roughly $100 on most games I am buying at launch because I almost always buy whatever gay special/collectors edition they release.

This argument has always been bullshit not only because game cartridges back then cost significantly more to manufacture and distribute than discs and digital copies, MSRP were not nearly as adhered to by stores and prices of games varied wildly. The same game that cost $60 at TRU could be bought at Funcoland or Sears for only $40 in new condition. And by the time most console games were sold on discs $50 became the standard price for new games and only increased to $60 at the beginning of last gen.

Game prices between SMB3's release and now is only a $10 increase but people still use "inflation" to make it seem worth substantially more

Attached: sears-catalog-1990-pg1447-NES_full.jpg (1212x1643, 706K)

Fuck no. I'm not going to spend my hard earned money to fund your DRM, Launcher, Loot Box/Microtransactions Team, Ethics Department, Product Partnerships, Advertising, or to line the pockets of anyone who wasn't creatively involved in the making of the fucking game I'm paying for.
If you cut all of the bullshit out, AAA games wouldn't cost more than 30-40 dollarydoos to make. I MIGHT pay 60 if you spent a literal decade on the motherfucker and stayed the course without scrapping the entire project halfway through, but cases like that are few and far between.
Go get your propaganda money elsewhere you fucking faggots.

Attached: Quite Ethical.jpg (625x517, 82K)

None of these guys realize that the reason they're underpaid isn't because $60 is a razor thin margin, but that every publisher's profits go into the pockets of investors and executives. They're so lacking in class consciousness that they blame their fans before their bosses.

*30-40 dollarydoos each to support. Is in copies of games shouldn't cost more than that much. Sorry, I'm retarded.

>be polack
>go to store in poland
>"fuck, vidiya jumps in price luck fuck"
>it jumped from 100 Pln to something something higher
>move to germany
>Pay 40 yuro for games
>its okay cause i got better wages
>COUPLE OF YEARS LATER
>go to store in germany
>"fuck, vidiya jumps in price luck fuck"
ITS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME WHAT THA FUCK

Attached: aaaAAAAAAAAAA.png (832x868, 371K)

this is absolutely them buying into what corporate tells them

I've noticed this really incredibly trend I've never seen anywhere but gaming, of 'blame consumers for low wages and employee abuses' and even weirder are employees buying into it

This fuck playing $120
Nigger that’s gas for 2 weeks
That’s a fancy fucking dinner
That’s my monthly Costco bill
That’s a new pair of shoes
Paying 120$ is fucking retarded at best
Pure cancer at worse

>40 yuro

20 years ago?

holy FUCKING based

no man, it was like 4-6 years ago

Attached: ah yis.png (319x310, 148K)

They also still lost far more money than they gained.

Some % will buy it, most of people will not. Then something like Dark Souls will come out for $40 and sell like crazy and the industry will reset. Shit happens all the time.

Based and piratepilled

>the best idiot
Ironic.

I cant wait for the next gaming crash. Everyone deserves it.

buy new game on release, it's shit
>You should have waited!

buy new game months later on sale
>You're killing the industry!

Attached: 1458769915875.jpg (320x320, 29K)

What is this, because nothing like this is a feature in Warframe.

Based, matey

Attached: pirate.jpg (768x512, 107K)

Probably because they know if they complain about their corporate overlords they will be replaced by Pajeet who will gladly do the 80 hour weeks with no overtime pay. I can’t believe that once upon a time actually wanted to get into game development.

based

Attached: 1565662167748.png (83x99, 11K)

its literally not a bad thing. A direct result will be about 500,000 starving streamers who will move back home and be productive for once

I’m over here thinking to myself
If graphics are the most important thing to you
Keep moving this game isn’t for you faggot

>new vidiya costs 100$
time to go to flea market and buy those old and unused ps1 / ps2 / SNES etc... gaymes for 2-5$ a piece, and when you're a good haggler you can buy 5 games for 8 yuro

Attached: chad coomer.jpg (1080x845, 117K)

God I love Marie

Attached: A5F490B2-EF57-4225-ADAC-85846BAD6540.png (723x897, 101K)

If they cost more than they do I wouldnt be playing them. Alot of games coming out now are all show and very little actual game, Im already put off trying new games because of the price.

The most profitable and most played games are actually F2P games going by every source available. Singleplayer cost retail, multiplayer dependent for free I say. Stop giving videogames the budget of a small countries government for fuck sake, the price spent on making them is ridiculous.

Voting with your wallet is a meme, and the market can't tolerate a >66% increase in game prices, even the executives running these companies understand this. Just as Sony how well their ps3 sales were doing before they cut the price of the ps3 by 1/3rd

Games haven't been $60 for quite a while.

Go ahead normies, fund my free games

Making games more expensive would only make the crackers work overtime

pretty much this. outside of an extremely few and select outliers, games are getting worse by the minute, not better. Why would anyone pay MORE for LESS quality AND quantity?

You dont even need to get abstract and attempt to compare some "old games" concept against "new games" when you can directly compare soulless remakes to their original counterparts. Just fucking look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4

old game has soul and passion for the medium and is a piece of art the studio is creating, new game is a corporate product trying to squeeze out as much money as possible for as little effort as possible but somehow it has the exact same pricetag as the original it steals from to make something inferior

This
Yea Forums doesn’t understand demographics
To Yea Forums animal crossing is a little indie game that only say 50,000 and some furries know about instead of being an ungodly huge titan that has the women and children demographics by the throat.

I think most of them are dickweasels who are actually aware of that, they just see this as yet another chance to own the GamersTM, in this case by making them pay more.

GAMERS RISE UP

Attached: activate it.png (3392x2231, 2.02M)

This seems to be a weird case in which someone outside the industry is trying to protect industry workers by putting more money into the hands of publishers.

I absolutely believe people would spend $100 on a video game every now and then. But doing it consistently? Every new release being $100+? That's what I doubt

>do one thing
>someone is wrong

>do something else
>someone is right or maybe wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Imagine it's 40 years ago and pac man just gets released. 2 years later the atari comes out and promises to blow everyone's mind, so you buy the pac man port which cost another $50 and take it home, only to discover its a buggy, barely operable mess that is boring after a few sittings. Sound familiar?

I named mine after the most based Mech in existence.

Attached: Get in The Fucking Robot.jpg (1080x600, 158K)

>clip

Actually, dude, It's "magazine".

don't care about games really I just want to spend money

Attached: 1542263225092.jpg (900x675, 99K)

in this day in age i guess its possible seeing as the new generation of adults have the mentality of 11 year olds. They full well know their wages arent as powerful as they were in 1993, yet they will pay $500 for a new system and $100 per game. The blame capitalism of course.

>Video games cost 80 to 90 dollars on average now
Fucking sucks to be a leaf.

>pay full price for games on release
>you're right

>pirate, wait for a sale, or do literally anything else
>you're wrong

I want /k/ to leave

Me Matey.

Attached: 1568640148162.png (633x544, 346K)

Who are you quoting?

I mean it already sucks now to be them but this is pouring salt onto an open wound.

PC gaming was a mistake.

>tfw I have about 70 games still in the plastic and I keep buying more but not playing them and instead just logging several hundred more hours on tf2 2fort pubs

It was a BB gun. /k/ really is that stupid not to know that.

i shitpost all day on Yea Forums then play hostage casual on GO

Nobody is paying $100 for a game in the US unless they're collectors. Historically, every console that was priced at over $400 failed miserably until the price was lowered, even when adjusted for inflation

>Yea Forums tries an armed robbery

Literally every fag who gets mad at piracy or people who value shop

well the whole point of this thread is a theoretical debate on whether or not people would if publishers decided to jack up prices

Same but with Bloodborne, ds3, and ffxiv

If $60 is too little, why are they $30 without fail six months later?

And why are you quoting them?

More like one month later.

I collect and play SNES cartridges.

New games do not interest me in the slightest. The only thing I do with my PC is model and download files for 3D printing.

Ew. Look, children, a tasteless mutant.

Because you touch yourself at night

Isn't that expensive?

>butthurt memer
Cool. Get those upboats.

Thanks doc

If they jacked up the prices, GTA, Sportshit and Nintendo first party would continue to sell while every other game would massively contract in sales. Even though Sony is dominant in every market where soccer is popular they still couldn't convince enough people to spend more than $400 on a PS3 just to play FIFA.

Only butthurt memer here is you, which is why you ask retarded questions like an obtuse redditor

Especially given how shit modern triple a games are and how many solid cheap indies are around. $120 is not a price point that makes any sense regardless of what people think they should be being payed.

its only a matter of time until there are a rash number of big budget AAA games that fail big time. We're already seeing chinks in the armor with 76 and such so well see what the future is like

this

Destroy vidya industry by accelerating it into making everything f2p.

DO NOT REPLY TO SPAM THREADS

Attached: Report Rulebreakers.jpg (125x117, 2K)

The industry already reached that point ~7 years ago. People forget that the end of last gen was so fucking bad analysts and investors were legitimately worried that this would be the last generation of consoles

>torrent
cucked and thirdworldpilled

But only with VPN children, you don't want court raping that cute little boipucci after all.

really?

>"Man. Now that I'm getting fucked in the ass, I sure hope everyone does too."
>It'll never occur to me to try and take the dick out of my own ass, instead of making sure everyone is in the same shithole my countries game prices are fucking.

Holy trinity of based posts. Very good.

Are there any countries where you can actually get taken to court for pirating? I have a hard time believing anyone would care unless you're running some private tracker yourself.

>Your average monolithic game company gives a fuck about your average gamer pirating their games enough to seek a personal lawsuit.
youtu.be/Iixlku24Fkk

That dude looks exactly like I thought he would. Some midget man who oscillates between low self esteem and thinking himself an expert.

Attached: Screenshot_20190922-202737_Firefox.jpg (1075x1015, 202K)

Germany

back to rebbit

kill yourself

>get games for free
>ISP doesn't give a shit about torrents
>cucked
lol

here in usa its extremely unlikely, the people they usually go after are those who pirate, then copy onto hardware to sell off for profit

Well fuck, still seems like an awful lot of resources spent on something like that.

>you should be paying $150
I'll be paying $0 in that case, you entitled faggots.

see Do you try to torrent from fucking China or something?

Attached: Chin Chong and Nip Nong To You Too.jpg (223x349, 36K)

Buyfags BTFO once again

I mean direct downloads is always preferable as long as the host isn't shit.

I can fully believe Germany's politicians being so petty, wasteful and retarded at the same time.

games have gotten demonstrably better this gen after being abysmal last gen. we're so deep into this gen it's like people forgot the absolute death march of games that looked like shit, felt like shit, ran like shit, and had no ideas that made up the end half of last gen if not more

last gen sucked enormous amounts of ass and convinced a lot of people, including people in charge of publishing, that traditional gaming was just done

The moment games become more expensive than they are now is the moment I start acting like its 2017 and only playing things from 2 years ago at bargain bin discounts.

>but what about multiplayer?
If they're dead in 2 years they weren't worth buying in the first place

>I am Zachary Whitten, The Best Idiot

Well at least he admits to being what he is.

>think of the poor devs

You don't need to spend all that time and money on the visuals because that's where all the money is going.

You're not wrong, unfortunately finding a reliable host with a comprehensive library is easier said than done

this
the fact that exclusives are shit now makes everyone forget that last gen everything was shit

I buy all my video games in sales. Last game I payed full price for was Dark Souls 3. Why waste my hard earned shekels on new releases when I can get them in 1-2 years for 15 Euros with all DLCs?

THIS. I don't remember the last time I payed more than 20 bucks for a game.

Attached: piracy hat on.gif (320x180, 445K)

You're killing the industry

cute pirate

The industry deserves to die

I spent 10$ on heliborne yesterday cause I saw it on g2a and am having tons of fun with this simple game honestly

Attached: guybrush-and-elane-never-pay-more-than-20-bucks.jpg (879x670, 185K)

you know its funny but you totally made me realize that I sold my ps3 after 100%ing RE5 in a week, then finding out the game was worth 1/3rd the price. Ive been exclusively PC ever since

Literally came into this thread to post this
Fuck game devs that think it's okay to do any of the following:
>release a buggy, unpolished turd
>shove nickel-and-dime business practices into every corner possible
>force anti-consumer bloatware DRM to try and combat piracy when it clearly doesn't work most of the time
>rip out the soul of original games when remaking them
>hamfistedly shove political propaganda where it doesn't belong
>force you to always be online, even for single-player content
>require a fucking UPlay account or something similar just to play your shit game

Attached: 1535243548451.png (350x400, 41K)

I honestly think this would be a great thing. It would encourage developers to stop overinflating game budgets because nobody's going to pay 150 bucks for Call of Duty.

They don't sell them over 60 cause they wouldn't sell as many copies infact tat would cut sales in half

No need to even adjust for inflation for this one.

Actually. Since the market for games is global more so than regional game releases in the past, games should be cheaper to provide a competitive value to consumers and build long-term rapport.
The point of business is to add value and make some profit on the side. And it feels like a lot of organisations have forgotten those basics and are coasting on their old reputations and pure marketing hype to get by.

Absolutely brilliant taste in Steins;Gate girls.

Attached: 76790306_p0.jpg (1087x777, 337K)

youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

>You should be spending $120-$150 on them

tell that to the children who are buying said games nowadays and being subjected to the likes of gacha trash and microtransactions

ironically, the one game you'd think to be the one most to blame of (Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled) for ''''microtransactions'''' and how it's such a abominable thing to make?

AT LEAST YOU CAN FOCKIN EARN THEM BY EFFORT I FAIL TO SEE OTHER GAMES DO THE FUCKING SAME AND I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IM SAYING THIS FROM A TRASH COMPANY LIKE BLOODY ACTIVISION

GOOD. The industry deserves to die.

Actually, she's an insurance fraudster,

Some games are still overpriced several years later. Skyrim (2016) is still £29.99 and GTAV (2015) is £24.99 for instance. It's ludicrous.

Sale the high sea's if you want 'value'.

>MK11
>Best grill is dead in that timeline
A terrible move, indeed.

Attached: mileena_clones_less_light_by_tommy_t_lab_hanzo-da4v724.jpg (1191x670, 136K)

Are they assuming those profits would go to the workers? Cause they wouldn't, they'd go to the fat cats who already make millions on cosmetics, lootboxes, manipulative systems and tax dodging.
AAA Video games suck now especially online ones and indies are typically cheap.

Timeless and true.

This. Last time I bought game on release day was maybe 8 years ago.
Except for some minor DLC/reeditions that have heavy discount for owners.

Attached: 1511619733333.gif (312x302, 3.41M)

If you're gonna list uncracked games at least choose some good ones.

Attached: fbi totally not evil.gif (400x224, 2.99M)

Let’s say we up the price to $100

Would companies suddenly not find the need to have microtransactions? I doubt it

Does any here genuinely believe we wouldn't get fucked in the ass like we are now but with a bigger price on the box

"the best", I don't know but idiot I agreed that he is

youtube.com/watch?v=yRh-dzrI4Z4

>Are they assuming those profits would go to the workers?
Yes, because communists are terminally retarded.

>$120-150 rrp for an unfinished mess
>before gold edition/season pass
>before cut content repackaged as DLC
>before loot boxes and progression boosters
>before premium currency and limited time exclusive vanity items
Dumb landlubbers.

Attached: 0f48ef68c4b3286b458c83554066c2bf267ee074.jpg (1000x1414, 1005K)

Anything else is pure foolishness.

Attached: 1556840655389.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

We should make a recommended indie games thread.

Its literally the same its been for years wtf are you talking about.

pc games cost 250zl now, same as the fucking console games years ago, i havent bought full release day one in 5 years now

You can rename her.

I agree, I don't pay more than 15$ for modern vidya

>paying $100 to beta test games

Gameplay you retard

Faggot.
Based.

>be polack
>never spent more than 20pln on a game
I'm not that much of a poorfag but spending more seems like a waste to me.

Attached: mgs2.gif (250x343, 1.99M)

There's only been a handful of games in the last decade worth playing.

Attached: 1568870409813.gif (640x640, 84K)

pirates win again

Attached: smug pirate pepe.png (800x600, 225K)

Mobile gachashit says yes.

fucking how? you buyinh 10yer olde games?
pc game prices are fucking insane, i still remember them costing 100zl 10years ago, then jump to 120, then 150, then 180 and now fucking 250 because of EU niggerity

>$150 for shit like Anthem
Fuck off

>now fucking 250 because of EU niggerity
EU shekels are the only reason why you can afford more than potatoes and vodka in the first place.

>you buyinh 10yer olde games
yes
Occasionally I buy on Humble or G2A

But people are already spending $120-150 on them on pre-oders these days.

Congrats, you are just as stupid as that faggot.

except Yea Forums won all those battles it's faggots like you who pay for dlc suffer from drm and cant play exclusives.

Oh look, it's another "EA told me that games are more expensive than ever to make and I believed them" episode

>Why cant we be the change when we have the power to do so
Go do it faggot, include buyfag and piratechad links, im rooting for ya to bring some quality indies to Yea Forums's attention.

I like how Xbots is merely a pimple on steam

was this meant to be a negative outcome?

>imagine wanting to play muslim Kombat

>this is what eu niggers actually belive
you fucks dont pay taxes in Poland if you open business here and you fucks got a lot of our industries for pennies so get fucked