Why so they keep making the exact same game over and over? You guys bash Ubisoft for this but FromSoft also does it

Why so they keep making the exact same game over and over? You guys bash Ubisoft for this but FromSoft also does it

Attached: IMG_8215.png (600x337, 8K)

Let me guess, you think Dark Souls was their first game?

>You guys bash Ubisoft for this but FromSoft also does it
That's because Fromsoft is rehashing good ideas. Not shitty ones.

>Nintendo remakes Mario
>Gamefreak remakes Pokemon
>343 remakes Halo
>Activision remakes cod
>Every studio just constantly remakes their cash cow

Because Dark Souls was so fucking good i never wanted it to end. Played for at least a thousand hours. Ass creed was so fucking boring I never made it past the first trailing mission.

Also, Dark Souls invented the Soulslike, Soulslite, and Strand Genres its ideas were so good

Thats because souls jank is fun. Ubisoft's open world games are boring. On a mostly unrelated note: Why is the Ubisoft UI so spirit crushing? Any time I see it, its like I feel depressed.

Why are developers not allowed to have their own identities?

"""Innovation""" in a lot of cases just means copying what everyone else is doing, ironically leading to less variety in the industry.

Because its literally soulless. It youre looking at human suffering incarnate, a digital iphone

It's sort of understandable in Dark Souls, since DaS was in some ways a reboot of Demon's Souls but from Bloodborne and on wards there is no excuse.
Tf happened to Fromsoft's creativity? Demon's Souls is like one of the most innovative games ever.

Bloodborne was fucking awesome.

Why are you acting like you came up with that thought yourself and aren't just regurgitating an e-celeb?

I'm waiting for them to make a different game over and over. Too long since last AC game out.

>make same game every year
>people complain and buy it anyway
>more profit than previous year
It's like you fags don't understand how a business works. Why would i make something new when the old shit sells like hot cakes? As long as you fags give them your money they have every right to heat up the old stew and sell it to you again.

Well I really enjoyed Deracine.

Demon's Souls was released in 2009. Dark souls 3 was released in 2016. They had a 7 year run, and now they're working on different stuff.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 were creative missteps. But I thought Bloodborne and Sekiro were great.

Demon's invented it. Play Demon's Souls

Yes but only From and Nintendo do it well

DaSfag here. Demon's Souls is a masterpiece and everyone ITT should play it if they haven't already.

Demon's was just the prototype for Dark Souls. It's so clunky and unfinished.

Dark Souls was made only because Demon's Souls was Sony's property, so FROM literally remade the same game from scratch but a bit more polished. This way they have control over the IP and can have it on all platforms, not just PS3.

Now, admittedly Dark Souls 2 and 3 were cashgrabs, but Bloodborne and Sekiro are completely legit. Let's see how Elden Ring turns out.

Attached: demon_summoning.jpg (886x887, 106K)

DS1 is far more clunky than DeS

When's Armored Core 6?

Attached: 1568962352174.jpg (295x414, 14K)

Aren't they on like 25 by now?

please user i just want my game back
daemon x machina is great and fun but i want at least one last armored core before i die

Attached: 1555444808653.png (308x250, 119K)

I liked DeS's builds more than any of the DaS games. Sure things like poise improved the combat, but there was nothing as cool as a full Faith build with that constant hp regen in the Dark Souls games.

>Sure things like poise improved the combat
Poise was one of the worst mechanics ever. There's a good reason they never brought it back after DS1.

You and I are the only people on Yea Forums that played it.

>Poise was one of the worst mechanics ever
Nah. It wasn't properly balanced with equipment load but it is a necessary mechanic to make heavy armor viable.

>This way they have control over the IP
Bamco actually owns the IP.

Poise had some issues, but it's way better than every hit turning into a 2k damage stunlock like blueblood sword builds in DeS did.

Poise should ideally exist to facilitate heavy weapons. Poise benefiting light weapons in flawed, since light weapons can afford to get more poise more easily.

Completly agree. More specifically, Havel's set the way it was implemented was a mistake. It's just ridiculously too good, and especially so for something you can just find behind a wall. It basically ruined my first playthrough because I could just face tank the rest of the game.

Because, unlike Ubisoft, they essentially invented a new subgenre.

Blame all the people ripping them off if you're sick of it.

No they didn't They made a literal castlevania/metroidvania in 3d and rode that train since.

There are a lot of side games and spinoffs but only 5 numbered titles.

The thought process behind the level design is far from the only distinct thing about it.

There were 3D metroidvania games long before Demon's Souls and the differences are clear.

The whole Soulsborne series is overrated drivel that gets lapped up by numale tryhards. Wow bro! You're good at a video game that's reputedly difficult? Damn, you're like, so hardcore and elite brah, your dick must be enormous huh.
Fuck Souls and fuck gaming hipsters.

>numale tryhard hipsters
Demon's Souls was popular here long these fictional Reddit characters you've invented knew what it was, newfaggot.

Wuen's Eldenring?

Death Stranding is nothing like Soulsborne you moron

>soulslite

What the fuck is that

Bloodborne is an iteration of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Some characters from those games even reappear.

More people would've played it if it wasn't exclusive to PSVR. I genuinely would love to give it a go, but I don't even have a PS4, let alone PSVR.

Ubishit is soulless trash. The art, the characters, the stories are as shitty as modern Disney. If you like it then keep being an AAA casual faggot

so you have played death stranding then? no? then shut the fuck up.

Mech games fucking SUCK!