Epic paid $10 million to make 'Control' exclusive on EGS

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-20-epic-paid-505-games-parent-over-USD10m-for-control-pc-exclusivity

Attached: TIMMY.jpg (430x659, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-20-epic-paid-505-games-parent-over-USD10m-for-control-pc-exclusivity
theverge.com/2018/11/30/18120577/valve-steam-game-marketplace-revenue-split-new-rules-competition
pcgamer.com/gta-modding-tool-openiv-shuts-down-claiming-cease-and-desist-from-take-two/
google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-08-19-introversion-steam-sale-saved-our-company
arcade.digipen.edu/games/narbacular-drop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldSrc
metacouncil.com/threads/epic-game-store-spyware-tracking-and-you.766/page-3
nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176105247506386945
polygon.com/2016/11/2/13502596/mafia-3-fastest-selling-game-2k-games
youtube.com/watch?v=LFWUpVeQWRs
reddit.com/user/TimSweeneyEpic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_by_Epic_Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why would they do that

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-09-20-epic-paid-505-games-parent-over-USD10m-for-control-pc-exclusivity
still not downloading epic store faggot

"competition"

What makes Epic better than Steam?

imagine paying for single player games in 2019 LOL

Can't corner the market without a bit of investment.

Valve invested similar amounts for their permanent exclusives and became a near-monopoly. I wonder if timed exclusivity will work out for Epic?

I think they're quite similar to be honest.

Attached: tencent.png (587x558, 352K)

What Valve exclusives?

retard detected

That's like 1 hour of fortnite money invested

>near-monopoly
so not a monopoly

epic isn't busting valve's monopoly, they're just giving them an out to be even shittier
prove me wrong

>4. Please refrain from reposting. If possible, try to skim the board for threads pertaining to your topics/info that may have already been posted.

what fucking monopoly

Wtf they could've just developed their own game

Valve has never had a monopoly, they're just popular. There's a world of fucking difference.

Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal, L4D, and Dota were all third-party IPs. Then Valve purchased those IPs outright and locked them into their platform, never to leave. The last IP Valve actually created on their own was Half-Life, which last saw an entry in 2007.
Coincidentally, 2007 was also the last time Valve shipped a single-player game without microtransactions.

What? You didn't know any of this, my little zoom-zoom? Did you not know that Valve spent millions snapping up independent titles and making them permanent Steam exclusives? With the implicit goal of increasing their install base?

inb4 "It's okay because Valve hired those devs on as 1099 contractors, then fired them a year or two later, retaining their IPs for themselves"

Attached: Head Explodes.jpg (2400x1350, 254K)

We have 10 thread about this. We all know everyone know. People are now just using this to get (you)s and shitposting

Seems like Epic wasted their money

dude looks like a thumb

Control was a legit good game and I'm happy they made 10 million with it. I couldn't care less about Epics Fortnite fuck-you-money.

>Five games from 2000-2013
Completely comparable to what Epic is doing. You're right.

CS was a fucking half life mod you idiot, and valve themselves made portal. they also co-created L4D, they didn't buy an existing IP
you're spreading so many lies

What were you expecting them to do? Keep the dev's as their little pets long after development was over?

Those epic money are probably the only reason Remedy isn't shutting their doors right now considering what a flop Control was.

Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing

Attached: DXxJ2SkWAAEb8Cy[1].jpg (1200x885, 277K)

>not mentioning that half of those were mods
>also not mentioning that valve published all those games while epic just pays for timed exclusives
consider suicide

>Valve paid for permanent exclusives!
Even ignoring the complete bullshit behind this post, why are you ok with epic pulling of exclusive crap now but valve doing it in 2004 is a big no-no? What is that if not hypocrisy?
>inb4 S-steam shill!
Kek, I just play the games I want, when I want, where I want. This exclusivity garbage doesnt interest me. As it stands, none of EGS's 20 exclusives interest me
>Bu-but muh shitty meme shooter borderlands 3!
If you unironically believe that, you are more zoomer than anyone else on this board

>chillin' in my Ferrari while Yea Forums keeps seething

Attached: tim_ferrari.jpg (1200x900, 181K)

cringe

>Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Portal, L4D, and Dota were all third-party IPs. Then Valve purchased those IPs

Attached: 30a.jpg (475x356, 54K)

Lol that game is awful and won’t be remembered past the week it came out.

Don't forget about darwina and other games in early days of steam. Also you need to count games that implemented steamworks as well

even half life is just a quake mod

Look, in 10 years when Epic has the very basic features that a modern storefront should have, I'll probably give them a few bucks for any games on their store that aren't easily piratable. Honestly, they should have learned from the mistakes their competitors have made pioneering digital game distribution over the last 15 years and they would have had something great from the beginning but I get that Timmy is a little retarded so it's fine that it takes him longer to learn things than others.
Until then, I'll just stick to making fun of buyfags like I always do.
I'm not very far into it but it seems interesting enough despite the generic and stupid gameplay. Depends on what you want out of it, I guess.

>valve paid for darwina exclusivity
proof?

No, I wouldn't say Valve holds a monopoly.

The thing is, Ubi and EA and whoever I'm forgetting never once attempted to compete with Valve. They just wanted to avoid the Gaben Tax, so they set up their own PC storefronts some years back and I don't blame them.
Epic Games Store though, that's a different animal all together. While there have been small companies who have tried their hand at PC games digital distribution (direct2drive comes to mind), there has never been a player with the resources to compete with one of America's most wealthy billionaires until Sweeney came along and took direct aim at Gabe Newell.
It's interesting to see Sweeney following the Valve playbook almost to a letter, by bringing exclusive content to his storefront. But I'm not sure if these timed exclusivity deals will affect his installed base the way Valve's heavy hand of permanent exclusivity has affected theirs - to the tune of a claimed 150 million users.

Only time will tell. I for one am pleased that someone is out there competing with Valve. I feel Valve needed a kick in the pants, especially considering they never change course or take any action whatsoever unless they are sued in civil court, face legislation, or perceive a threat to their revenue stream.

>Fan-Made Mod
>Fan-Made Mod
>Fan-Made Mod
>Turtle Rock Studios, purchsaed by Valve
>Fan-Made WC3 map

the fuck does that have to do with my post? he claimed valve purchased 3rd party IPs
no it isn't, it just initially started out that way

>Valve needed competition!
If you took that chink cock out.of your mouth, you'd realize this entire debacle is utterly pointless
You need to give people a reason to buy things in PC games, because everything is cracked. Piracy will always be a thing, no matter how desperately you try to block it.out, and that is competition nobody can ever defeat. The best thing you can do, is to is to give people more reasons to buy rather than pirate, which is what steam is doing. Compare Sekiro, which was cracked day-1 and yet ended up a bestseller actually selling millions, to any of Epic's exclusives, none of which have hit 1 million after 6 months, especially since they were hitting 500k within 1 month. Stop falling for PR speak, retard

are these guys literally gonna keep throwing money away until they win?

Attached: 1548793857556.png (411x412, 296K)

They didn't buy exclusivity for those games, they bought the IP for those games outright making them first-party games for valve, nevermind that when they bought them they were all modifications to Half-Life 1.

>>not mentioning that half of those were mods
One was a mod based on the Quake engine, one was a mod based on Goldsrc, and one used Blizzard's Warcraft III engine.
I'm not sure what you're getting at though? Is Valve instantly bestowed distribution and publishing rights to mods you make, either with Source or another engine? They did have to buy those IPs and lock them permanently into their platform, which brought them a lot of success no doubt. It's the entire reason you have Steam installed on your PC right now in fact.
>>also not mentioning that valve published all those games while epic just pays for timed exclusives
Again, I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Why is Epic's timed exclusivity better than Valve's system of permanently locking content (that they did not create) to their storefront? This seems entirely backwards, even for 4 channel dot org.
>consider suicide
Relax little kid, I'm just explaining how Steam got off the ground to people like you who are too young to have any frame of reference pre-2014. I understand that when presented with facts that turn one's worldview upside-down, cultists feel immense rage and confusion, but truth is truth. Take a deep breath, calm down, and don't let reality make you so mad. I'm sure your poor mother would appreciate you not flying off the handle so much.

>Mods are separate IP!
Are you one of those retarded niggers who thinks his shitty gay starwars fanfiction deserves to be a bestseller?

>They didn't buy exclusivity for those games, they bought the IP for those games outright making them first-party games for valve,
So would you be cool with Epic outright purchasing permanent distribution rights instead of negotiating guaranteed revenue agreements in return for timed exclusivity? Why is one good and the other bad? This all seems so very, very backwards. Especially when the entire argument against Epic revolves around exclusivity no? Well that and /pol/-tier conspiracy mongering.

As I seem to recall, gaymers pissed their collective pants when Epic outright purchased Psyonix. However, lucky for Psyonix, I don't foresee Epic severing them from the parent company the moment the Rocket League dev team complains about Epic's scattershot development process and lack of communication, as what happened to Valve South (now known as Turtle Rock Studios). Valve retained the rights to L4D though, so they won out in the end I guess. But we as consumers lost, with that once great IP sitting dormant since Valve showed the original IP holders the door.

half life wasn't a mod when it was released, it was initially a quake mod. I understand you are trying to change history to justify epic stores shitty business practices, maybe if epic did something like valve and published critically acclaimed games they wouldn't receive as much shit, but still. I not downloading a fucking store front which doesn't even have a shopping cart. I know this is hard for you to understand but not everyone who has a different opinion then you are a zoomer, now the reason why I told you to consider suicide is that if a grown man is straight up bending history to make one company look better then another, then that is a life not worth living. Nobody is going to miss you when you are gone user, you are a skid mark on the underwear of society.

Attached: 1568417841006.png (960x819, 475K)

based Tim paying for my games

Attached: 1568506378993.png (696x493, 372K)

>>Mods are separate IP!
You're confusing IP with engine assets. Mods are most certainly owned by their creators. If that wasn't the case, Bethesda would hold all publishing and distribution rights over every single Skyrim mod in existence. They do not.
This is why total conversion mods fall on shaky legal ground, with mod teams taking steps to ensure they do not re-use any engine assets.

I see only one retarded nigger in this thread, and it's you. Nigger.

Technically yes, but the main argument against EGS is their user interface being terrible and their anti-consumer behavior.

Why though?
With the low percentage of sales going back to epic, he'll never make his money back
Why pay millions out of pocket to deny Gabe Newell a relatively small amount of money?

Attached: tim.png (674x476, 356K)

Yeah you're not answering any of my questions and instead posting a screenshot from R*ddit.
How about you go back, actaully read the post you're responding to, and try to form a coherent argument. Or not. But just promise me you won't take you anger out on mom, zoom-zoom. She's had enough of your shit I can imagine.

>funding game developers is bad
The absolute state of Yea Forums.

Attached: 1554947961925.gif (470x437, 1.55M)

embarrassing post

I don't care where I buy games. They are all greedy Bastards so why should I care.

>it's a discord screenshot
>get constantly called out on your bullshit
>can't form counter points so you just shitpost
>bro clearly it's cause you can't read little zoom-zoom
okay guy you won, still not downloading epic store :^)

Attached: 1568423020132.png (1014x789, 67K)

>but the main argument against EGS is their user interface being terrible and their anti-consumer behavior.
It is? On what fucking planet is the main argument over the EGS not their timed exclusivity deals? This is a laughable statement by you.
And could you explain what you mean by "anti-consumer behavior"? I'd love to see dance around that question without bringing up exclusivity, which you just dismissed as not being relative to the criticism of the EGS.

I'm with you for the most part but it's completely retarded to claim that consumers lost because nobody is making anymore entries in an IP that was already stagnant by its second game, which released 12 months after the first one and was basically just an expansion pack. The privilege of throwing your money away for a drip feed of content isn't really one that I care to have and judging by Turtle Rock's efforts since then, I don't think many consumers are missing out on anything.
Consumers don't gain anything from having a new Madden or NBA 2K or Battlefield every year with minor changes that don't justify the inflated price. Especially in an industry that already tries to squeeze money out of people in the most obnoxious ways possible, a trend that L4D thankfully avoided by dying out gracefully. It's still a good game and you can still play it with your friends, by the way. Call me a cynic but I don't believe there's anything positive to be gained for consumers by constantly reinventing a game that is already good.

whoops wrong photo

Attached: 1569225753243.jpg (248x323, 12K)

cant even upload the gif cuz epic is cutting bandwith of their employees.

To drive users to use epic

I have no idea what a performance graph from some unspecified game has to do with the questions you keep dodging. Is this the zoom-zoom method of debate or something? Let me try one more time:

Why is Valve's system of snapping up independent IPs and locking them permanently to their launcher better than Epic's guaranteed revenue agreements in exchange for timed exclusivity? Would you prefer Epic just buy IPs entirely and never allow them to leave the EGS like Valve does?

I cannot fucking wait to see what meme, image macro or emoji (you kids like emojis right?) you respond with next.

Imagine being this retarded. Tim didn't "fund" anything, he paid them for exclusivity for his store. There is a difference between funding the devs so they can make the game, and paying them to keep their game off other digital distributors.

>Counter Strike is actuall Half Life
>They created Left 4 Dead
>They created Portal

Even then, do you know how I discovered Steam? Every copy of Portal 2 for the PS3 had a free Steam code for the game.
I would rather just never play a game than give any money to TenCent. Go away evil Chinese shill.
The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. he Anti-Rightist Struggle. Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution. The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. Liu Xiaobo

Attached: 1559291860421.jpg (366x321, 32K)

>he didn't fund them he gave them money
Dude you're a genius.

Attached: 1549766176005.gif (220x217, 169K)

Control is pure Western cancer, who the hell buy these games?

seealright I'll humour you.
valve funded the production of those games, epic pays outright for timed exclusives to increase traffic and revenue.
Now if both stores had the same library I would guarantee that steam would get the most traffic. Would you like to know why?
Because steam is a better store front. want to know why I know that? here have a photo.
I do not care for shilling. If a store front has a game i would like I will download it, with the exception of epic because it doesn't other anything new to the table. You just have a massive hate boner for steam, they brought IPs and made well received additions to them.

Attached: Why+people+still+use+steam+over+epic+games+store_ac10d6_6931297.jpg (707x372, 59K)

Right, exactly. Without a large installed base, Epic has no chance to compete with Valve's claimed 150 million users. And just as Valve has done and continues to do to this day, Epic will leverage exclusive content to this end.
The only difference here is, Epic is not permanently locking that content to their storefront, and is also using the carrot of weekly free games to entice more users to install their launcher. Quite frankly, it's working pretty well.
I myself have never spent a dime on the EGS, (I don't buy from Steam either, preferring grey market key sites but that's beyond the point here) but I do have a burgeoning library of games courtesy of their giveaways and their launcher installed on my PC. There are a lot more like me too no doubt.

One more thing about the installed base. I've always taken the position that only Microsoft has the users to compete in the PC games digital distribution space with Valve. But despite Gabe Newell's paranoid fever dreams of an impending Microsoft takeover of the dekstop PC, it seems MS has long decided to ignore that space and instead focus on unifying the Xbox and Windows environments.

>Product is 100% complete and ready for distribution
>Lump sum of cash designed to keep said product away from competitors is "funding"
This is why you don't argue with shills. Arguing in good faith isn't something they'll ever do. "People" like this aren't arguing to win an argument, most of the time they probably know they're in the wrong. They'll just be more persistent and win by fatigue. Their goal is influencing the apathetic and clueless observers, not the people they're responding to. Stop fucking replying to obvious talking points like "helping developers" and "lol just click on a different icon!".

>Mods are most certainly owned by their creators.
Top lel, they're not because literally everything a mod uses to exist is owned by somebody else
>
This is why total conversion mods fall on shaky legal ground, with mod teams taking steps to ensure they do not re-use any engine assets
And this statement proves it. If you have to actively try not to use engine assets for a chance to not get fucked over by copyright, you know that your mod is not original IP, you fucking twat

That's a yikes from me dawg.

>I didn't fund ISIS, I just gave them money

Attached: 46.png (784x956, 1.46M)

>valve funded the production of those games, epic pays outright for timed exclusives to increase traffic and revenue.
So Epic pays them once for exclusivity for one game, while Valve basically holds their IP hostage for life before firing them and kicking them out.

Yeah, I've seen that meme before. You cut off the portion that denotes both stores are equal when it comes to harvesting user data and sharing it with third-parties, among other things.
>Now if both stores had the same library I would guarantee that steam would get the most traffic. Would you like to know why?
No, because I know why. Because Valve leveraged permanent exclusive content to the tune of a 150 million user installed base, while I doubt Epic has even a tenth of that.
If both stores have the same libraries, but one has more than an order of magnitude more users, then even a brainlet like you can guess which one would see more traffic. This is all basic reasoning and you're falling way, way short.
>valve funded the production of those games, epic pays outright for timed exclusives to increase traffic and revenue.
Okay, so again, if Epic outright purchased these IPs in question - permanently locking them to their storefront just as Valve did and continues to do - you would not complain about it on the Internet? Just answer yes or no please. No memes.

Good job making steamies cope

Wanna know how to spot a shill? They claim that Valve is a monopoly, and epic is great competition, while ignoring piracy which utterly beats them both

Thanks for paying for my copy so I could pirate it while still being completely moral and justified, Tim! I'm enjoying the game a lot!

>NOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST BE CRITICAL OF VALVE! DADDY GABEN (WHO WILL LET ME HAVE OWNERSHIP OF VALVE ONCE HE ASCENDS TO THE GREAT STEAM CLOUD IN THE SKY) WILL DELAY HALF LIFE 3 AGAIN IF YOU CRITICIZE STEAM!

Attached: 1567940392398.jpg (875x1015, 140K)

>outright lie
>"c-cope"
you're beyond predictable

Valve is straight up a better service then epic, you are fucking delusional if you think different.
>I do not care for shilling. If a store front has a game i would like I will download it,
this is a direct quote from me, classic that you missed it, I wouldn't care if epic did have exclusives, they already have fortnite don't they? But they aren't focusing on funding games aren't they, they are focusing on dividing the market with timed exclusives, and getting so by catering towards greedy devs. this isn't a case of steam being a garbage service and people wanting a change, it's just some random trying to cash in on the ridiculous fortune that steam made. your whole argument is focusing on something that epic might do and not what they are doing.
The answer is No, if epic was a genuinely good service and had exclusives I would like to play I would not care, but it isn't so your whole point is useless

How do they have that much money to trow around?
I'm not suggesting a china conspiracy theory but I' suggesting a china conspiracy theory.

Attached: 1515789755466.gif (271x339, 654K)

Yeah man, you have zero idea what you're talking about and you also suck at using 4 channel dot org. Is this your first time? You seem to have the lingo down some, but your execution is sorely lacking. Honestly, I feel embarrassed for you. But just a little.
One more time for emphasis; mods that do not reuse engine assets are wholly owned by their creators, and if they were not, the entirety of the vast Skyrim mod community would have long had its ownership conferred to Bethesda, among other modding communities.

Here, let me green text this (properly) for you so that your underdeveloped brain understands:
>Mod that uses independent character models/maps/textures/music/audio/etc = not owned by the makers of the engine it runs on.
>Mod that reuses character models/maps/textures/music/audio/etc created by another entity = you're probably going to get a polite letter from a lawyer asking you to stop. Then sued if you do not.

That new Bamham game will be EGS exclusive and I will be very annoyed, but I still won't buy anything from you Tim.

what a stupid post even by Yea Forums standard

>How do they have that much money to throw around?
Unreal Engine royalties and Fortnite. About ten years ago or so, UE became the AAA gamedev industry's preferred game engine and a de facto industry standard. Fortnite is self-explanatory.

Imagine being a sub 80iq steam drone, 9 million else guarantee is nothing, in other words 150k copies, even fucking satisfactory sold 500k

>Mods are owned by their creators
do you really believe this? bethesda doesn't want to claim mods because there would be zero benefit, but they legally could. publishers can C&D any mods at any time, but why the fuck would they

>lie
Proof ?

Governments and multinational corporations LITERALLY have infinite money. You think any fucking organization actually has a trillion dollars lying around? Debt economy means if you're big enough, there's no limit to your spending. You don't need to actually generate value or back up your claim.

Why don't Steamies understand that there's money to be made outside of video games in the gaming industry? Oh, that's because Valve has never made anything as accepted and used as UE2, UE3 and UE4. Let's look at their failures:

>Steam machines? Flop
>Steam controllers? Flop
>SteamOS? Flop
>Steam Link? Flop
>Shartifact? You better believe that was a flop
>Source 2? Not even made to even be a flop
>Steam Videos? Flop
>Steam VR? Fired devs and unpopular games

Literally the only money they have is from rent controlling other peoples games like a corrupt landlord, and that's gonna end soon.

(Reminder Steam drones have never proven me wrong about this list and instead just say things like "NOBODY CARES ABOUT ARTIFACT!!!1")

Attached: epic revenue steam 2.png (714x1017, 58K)

how about proof of what he's saying. the burden of proof lies on the accuser, he had nothing to back up what he said

The most important thing here is being completely over looked, who for that 10 million? Was it Remedy or was it 505 Games?

I very much doubt that devs actually want to limit the amount of games that can reach an audience just because of some cash, publishers on the other hand. Actually that Ooblets fucking cunt has no publisher as far as I know he seemed to double down on it being his choice to take the Epic bux.

>all games that they helped develop into real full games
>all games from before 2009
pathetic

imagine defending EGS

What are they even thinking at this point? All that money for a mediocre game who'll be forgotten in a week or 2.

>your list? cherrypicked
>your post? tryhard
>you? massive faggot

Literally the only thing I can do is cherrypick failures while completely ignoring success, and that's gonna end soon.

(Reminder anons have never proven me wrong about this list and instead just say things like "NOBODY CARES THAT TRAPS ARE GAY")

Imagine defending Valve/Steam for free

Cope.

OOOH NONONONO

imagine defending any corporation

They are a billion dollar company, they spend ridiculously little money compared to how much they make.
Also, you are right, Epic is rich.
But Epic is NOT as rich as Valve.
Tencent, yes those money hungry whores, they own 48% of the company.
They control majority of Chinese gaming industry.
They make soulless shitty mobile games full of micro-transactions.
They are known to weed out competition by using government to shut down pesky little competitors and make them look bad in public eye.
Tencent wants Epic to be the biggest platform so it can control the game sales of the entire world because, so you know, Tencent is in bed with the Chinese government.

GAMERS RISE UP

Exactly, no wonder Steam isn't competing with same tactics, they know it's a wasted effort.

Attached: 01.jpg (1057x593, 57K)

Now that's something I can agree with, but Valve drones make it difficult to ignore with literal lies to smear their competition.

>Imagine defending Valve/Steam for free
Imagine defending Epic for free
>Cope.
At this point I seriously can't tell if shitters like you are genuinely retarded or have gone mad from shitposting so hard that you believe this is an actual valid response to anything.

>Yeah man, you have zero idea what you're talking about and you also suck at using 4 channel dot org. Is this your first time? You seem to have the lingo down some, but your execution is sorely lacking. Honestly, I feel embarrassed for you.
Trying too hard, chinksucking newfag. Proper trolling requires subtlety
>Mod that uses independent character models/maps/textures/music/audio/etc = not owned by the makers of the engine it runs on.
>Mod that reuses character
>NO! My OC is totally my own creation! So what if it still requires your game to run? It's my OC and my IP!
You really are one of those dumb motherfuckers who thinks his shitty Harry Potter fanfiction deserves to be a bestseller just because it has a self-insert OC, arent you?
Here's something for your malnourished chink brain-mods are not separate IP because they literally just modify the main game. If they didnt, they'd be separate games of their own, which would actually be separate IP, but no longer a mod. Got that? Replacing the Dragonborn with an OC who has a silly mustache and a funny hat does not make it your own creation
>Bu-but muh skyrim!
And GTA 5? Know what happened to those who wanted to mod the game? Arent you going to talk about Rockstar and mods? Come on, give me more laughs

>Burden of proof
His post is literally true, valve bought all these indie devs, cope more

>The answer is No
Okay, good. Not sure why I had to harangue you into admitting you wouldn't care if Epic outright purchased IPs and permanently locked them to their ecosystem like Valve did and still does. But whatever.
>they are focusing on dividing the market with timed exclusives
Absolutely they are. But for the (third?) time, with Steam's claimed 150 million user installed base - which we both agree Valve achieved by leveraging permanent exclusives they outright purchased (or in the sole case of Half-Life, that they created themselves) - Epic stands no chance of competing with such a near-monopoly owned by one the 100 most wealthy men in America.

Epic needs to carve out a large installed base to compete, and they are using a variation of the Valve Blueprint to do so, sans the permanent exclusivity of course. And the snapping up of small studios, hiring them as 1099 contractors (just Google what that means), then mass firing them once their job is complete and their IP is transferred over to the parent company. Epic isn't emultaing that part of the Valve Blueprint either, thankfully.

I wish Sam Lake were free of retarded publishers and could publish his own games.

>hating egs means defending steam
false dichotomy
this

so you're saying they actually hired developers and gave them a career? based

Tencent has his own launcher, they are literally competing with Epic based steam sub 80 iq drone.

>His post is literally true because I say so!

This kills the valve drone, daily reminder source is dead,steam will follow

>His post is literally true
no it isn't, he said that valve purchased 3rd party IPs

>valve hires devs to create new games
>epic pays devs after a game is made for exclusivity, often times after a game was crowdfunded or already available for prepurchase on other storefronts

woah, those are exactly the same thing!!!11

>They didn't bought them THEY HIRED THEM
Hired means for a time period, steam drone it's getting embarrassing

It's also the reason why governments outlawed huge CASH transactions. Valve isn't going to compete against Tencent, and they know they don't have to. Tencent isn't getting the monopoly it desires, nor will it force Valve into becoming publicly traded so it can buy majority shares as it does with literally every single publisher. The most damage Tencent can cause is make PC as inconvenient as it was prior to Valve, forcing everyone back to consoles and piracy, which is essentially crashing the PC market from store saturation. Even the most brain dead consumer sheep will get tired of having to install 10 different stores for 10 different games, especially considering they almost all play on toasters with limited resources, and the vast, vast, VAST majority of these stores are coded by Pajeets, meaning it's full of bloat, on top of having to phone home all the time rapidly consuming what little resources the average video game player has.

epic using fortnite money to prop up bad studios isnt a good thing.

what the fuck are you even talking about? they hired fucking modders, how were modders gonna sell fucking half life mods?

The thing I love about Valve drones is that you're verboten from talking about Valves failures, but you're allowed to talk about their successes because it makes Valve look good

Good example is Artifact

>HEHEHEH ARTIFACT SUCKED AND WE ALL HATED IT HEHEHEHHE SCREW YOU LIBTARD EPIC DRONE!!!1

Yeah, I'm sure the 60k peak was all people that thought Valve would make a shitty card game.

Attached: artifact stats.jpg (1628x811, 238K)

he funded the game once it was already made, that makes a lot of sense

basedwojak.jpg

>Originally a modification for Half-Life, the rights to Counter-Strike, as well as the developers working on it, were acquired by Valve Corporation in 2000.

Now kill yourself

And Tencents own platform is so alien to westerners, that they could not use it in western countries, you know why? Because it's fucking money hungry bullshit.

Exactly.

>Tim paid ten million to devs so you don't have to
What an absolute legend of a lad.

Yes they did since when is Dota a first party IP ? (They bought the IP from Blizzard see the court case) since when is counter strike a first party IP ? ???

>But s-source engine
So Tim has the right to buy out all unreal studios ? Just kys

Follow the thread you dumb nigger.

Ouch, Control looks like one of those bargain bin games that come in a Humblebundle for like $3.75 loool

artifact did suck balls, it was cynical garbage almost as cynical as fartnite and im glad it failed, that said epic is still way more garbagge

okay, they bought one third party IP. now what about the other 4 games he claims they purchased?

>they bought a dead mod oh no

Hey zoom-zooms, the guy you're all triggered by and replying to here. I'm putting my clothes in the dryer and going to sleep, you can cease with the (You)s now.
If you want though, you can scroll up through the thread and get bussy blasted over and over by my unquestionable explanation of Valve's path to near-monopoly status. But here's a tl:dr, they did it with permanent exclusive content that they purchased from third-parties and then locked into their ecosystem.

Enjoy the rest of your day and try to think critically in the future. It will help you through adulthood.

ITS ONLY A MODIFICATION NOT AN IP BECAUSE I STEAMIE SAID SO

>artifact did suck balls, it was cynical garbage

Your lard and savoury Gaben didn't think so

But he also thinks VR will save Steam, when there are 0 popular VR games.

Attached: 1544409250805.jpg (1275x676, 115K)

Jesus Christ, you are retarded.

Is it a permanent exclusive? Seems like a bad deal.

>O-ok they b-bought one third party IP
Just kys

user, a mod to a game is not intellectual property. that's straight up the law

I know you are but what am I?

>Your lard and savoury Gaben didn't think so
and? im not a drone like you keep saying you retard gaben is a clever trickster that's good with words and their massive succes with the store has made them incredibly out of touch, the paid mods fiasco was an early sign of this

you seem to be more concerned with bashing steam than addressing the criticism of the EGS though

>claim they bought 5 IPs
>get called out on your bullshit
>thinks he's right because his post was 20% correct while the rest was bullshit
why do you behave like this?

>EGS

Attached: DBlXpc1XgAAFqeU.jpg (1200x675, 120K)

>Apple Games already jumping on the "just exclusivize it lmao" bandwagon
>Rockstar already posed to do the same with future releases
>We already have like five different launchers even without those
Gee whizz I really enjoy all the positive impact this """""competition""""" is having for the consumer. I really want to know who the fuck looked at the absolute state of current streaming and said "yeah let me get in on that". I hope all these faggot companies get pirated so hard the entire industry collapses; not worth saving it anymore.

Attached: 1569020319618.jpg (630x432, 112K)

>They can't sell it because valve said no
Do you know what drodo did ? He just abandoned valve and made his own thing, IP is an idea not a game engine or what you try to say

No, your moronic replies and complete lack of reading comprehension and understanding of the word "fund", will have to suffice, Chang.

>Source : trust me I know these things, I'm a judge myself
That's the reason why blizz sued valve and valve was forced to pay them money ?

>Seems like a bad deal
The game is complete trash, it's an amazing deal. They made more money than they would have ever made selling it on a free market. These cash lump sum exclusive deals are AMAZING for garbage AA and indie devs churning out soulless, unpolished clones, while they virtue signal on twitter. Only actual good games, and AAA don't take these deals, because Epic can't afford to compensate them for the potential sales they'd lose. There's a reason Japan and every single big studio that isn't affiliated with Epic hasn't taken their deal. .Epic is the savior of bad games, and failed devs, which is why SanFran SJW are championing its cause. Now they don't have to worry about actually making good games, or pleasing an audience, they can make their hipster indie movie project and shit talk their potential audience for virtue signal points on twitter all they want..

>He funded the developer
>No he didn't fund the game
You're the only moron here.

a game engine is absolutely IP lmao, you have to license them to use them

>>than addressing the criticism of the EGS though

IN THE CASE OF EPIC VS STEAM

>It's spyware

That was a lie

>It'll remove games from your library if you uninstall it

That was a lie

>Exclusivity will hurt PC gaming

That was a lie

>Steam/Valve won't improve due to Epic Store competition

That was a lie

Attached: maury lie.jpg (500x448, 66K)

>Dota is third party ip but counter strike isn't because it's a mod

Attached: 1567559055857.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

>An Iron barren is an IP because I got it from the ground
You need an idea to make something out of it, this is the IP

>It's spyware
Fact: EGS admitted to browsing steam files such as friends lists for """reasons""". Also, BL3's Denuvo is the most invasive version of Denuvo spyware ever, sold on EGS
>>It'll remove games from your library if you uninstall it
Fact: Those who bought VTMB2 during that clusterfuck sale were forcibly refunded. You didnt even need to install to lose the game in your library
>>Exclusivity will hurt PC gaming
This is a lie, if only because piracy is now looking better than ever
>Epicshills actually think repainting a library interface is an improvement
Also stop redditspacing you fucking tard

Another day another blow out for steam drones I'm out

Attached: sankyuu 4 reminder!.png (1904x299, 82K)

See

Nothing

what the flying fuck are you talking about?

Based Tim keeping devs afloat with donations of good faith.

i want to thank epic games and tencent for taking away all the shit taste games. any predictions on the next mediocre game they'll pay millions for?

>Valve paid blizzard
both companies gave up on the case because it would go nowhere and it was a waste of money

Attached: 16508cb213b5b18fce950cdb95bfc2d4.png (609x321, 36K)

>>Epicshills actually think repainting a library interface is an improvement

Steam has been trying to tweak indie game discovery and make it better since Epic Store has existed. Though early reports seem to be that Valve is making things worse.

user you're retarded, game engines are not public property unless the creator decides it is

that's correct. it's literally a half life mod

Steam still hasn't even acknowledged the Epic Store's existence, much less actually actively done anything because of them.

>Unironically bragging about Valve resting on their laurels

Can't even make this shit up. Steamies are their own parodies

i bet sven co-op is more fun than anything on epic's store push "j" for 3rd person view

Attached: sven.webm (600x336, 2.89M)

No sense in doing something about competition that's done nothing but shoot itself in the foot over and over again.

Yet you can't even address Valves many failures as I listed here:

>Buying IP's is the same as bribing exclusivity

>And GTA 5? Know what happened to those who wanted to mod the game?
Not him, but I presume you're conflating "modders" and those faggots who ruined the multiplayer side of the game with their hacks and got sued, with actual modders who created content for the single player game and never once had to worry about legal action?
I always hated niggers like you who cried "but muh modding!" as hackers ran amok in that game.
Cheating in a multiplayer games is not modding. Fuck off with that shit.

>epic saves an SJW game dev from bankruptcy
truly epic

Attached: 1319418742767.jpg (214x255, 5K)

>ruined
no, they made an alternate SAMP style mp mod to avoid the requirement of microtransactions. it had absolutely nothing to do with hacking

post yfw epic buys your shitty indy game

>No! This is not modding because I say so!
Online cheaters deserve the rope yes, but dont pretend this isnt a 'no true scotsman' scenario
>actual modders who created content for the single player
Were just as vulnerable to legal action, yes. Rockstar made that point plenty clear. Know why? Because mods arent IP and are very vulnerable to legal action by the parent company. Whether they actually do so or not is not the issue

they literally discontinued openIV, shut the fuck up you ignorant retard

>put zero effort in making a good game
>still gain bajillions because of chinks
epic is game devs paradise

It isn't that bad. I pirated it and liked it. If it was permanently exclusive, it'll just completely be forgotten, but if it eventually comes out to Steam or wherever, people who have pirated it will consider buying it at a cheaper price. They get their Epic store payout and get some more money from people waiting for a cheaper price for it.

So 12 years ago valve bought 5 companies, these companies became valve property and their game games you listed are still to date after 12 years some of the most played online games in existence with active communities and updates after fucking 12 years.

Oh no Volvo time to STOP.

Attached: it's time to stop.png (300x300, 71K)

>About ten years ago or so, UE became the AAA gamedev industry's preferred game engine and a de facto industry standard.
By Timmy's rules, doesn't that make THEM a monopoly?

>Steam still hasn't even acknowledged the Epic Store's existence
Oh yeah mate, I'm sure suddenly after 15 years, just out of the fucking blue, Valve deciding to reduce their cut of the sales of AAA games wasn't a blatant attempt to stem the bleeding of AAA games moving to the EGS. Yup, that decision was totally made in a vacuum and had nothing to do with the existence of the EGS. Just a coincidence is all!

Wow, Steam must have an amazing monopoly if it lets them be able to fund a time machine and put in their flexible cut several years before EGS even existed.

>and put in their flexible cut several years before EGS even existed.

Wow you have no concept of time. The flexible cut was announced the same year as Epic Store.

theverge.com/2018/11/30/18120577/valve-steam-game-marketplace-revenue-split-new-rules-competition

literally just pirate it, wtf you faggots bitch about...

Attached: 1548978507322.jpg (480x360, 18K)

People are fucking retards. Epic is just open about this stuff, and naively too.

Valve, GoG, ALL the rest do exclusivity deals. ALL of them.

what fucking exclusivity deal did valve and gog do?

>they literally discontinued openIV
LOL did you even Google this before you made this idiotic reply? Hahaha you are truly dumb beyond words.
Every single facet of the OpenIV project is still going strong, from their website to their Patreon to their social media presence.

It's fine, we know you like to pretend Darwinia never happened.

tell me about games that valve payed for exclusivity

Dota2 was created 12 years ago. It's true.

They ALL fucking do exclusivity deals with publishers and development teams. What do you think these companies just meander on in a happy go lucky state with whoever sides with them?

You'd probably be hard pressed to find titles that aren't in deals like this.

In the Valley of Gods

>Epic shills
Step on some mechanical stairs.

Attached: 1557064353879.png (1080x1350, 2.32M)

>put in their flexible cut several years before EGS even existed.
This is such a retarded comment I literally don't even know where to begin. I'll just assume it was a shitpost and pray you're not completely brain damaged.

fill me in
you just repeated the same post when I asked for examples

>payed
Guess how I know you're 12 years-old?

>Valve paid darwinia for exclusivity! Who cares if the dev himself stated that valve didnt offer him exclusivity, or that he had to work his ass off to get his game on steam? Valve's the bad guy and you're a steamshill if you say otherwise!

Doesn't really work if nobody buys the game

pcgamer.com/gta-modding-tool-openiv-shuts-down-claiming-cease-and-desist-from-take-two/
here you blind fuck, openIV was discontinued at one point and halted modding progress

>inb4 lying steamshill!
google.com/amp/s/www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2010-08-19-introversion-steam-sale-saved-our-company

Nah user, I just have dyslexia.

What are the benefits of using EGS over it's competitors, as a consumer?

Attached: 1568312578633.jpg (640x960, 95K)

Attached: 1552603771338.jpg (918x592, 96K)

absolutely none

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We get to enjoy another round of indie dev tears when Epic either prevent them selling their garbage through curation, up their 12% cut or open the floodgates reducing muh visibility. Otherwise nothing.

Yeah man, let me just fire up my fucking .txt file full of who's who of exclusivity deals with online stores.

so you're just talking out of your ass

>discontinued at one point
And yet...
>"Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody.
>We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players."

Well shit user, given that OpenIV is alive and well, it seems everything worked out hunky dory for all parties involved, with the OpenIV team being able to go about their business; and my point about the "modders" Take-Two was targeting actually being cheaters running amok on the multiplayer side, with no concern at all being paid to the single-player content creators is only reinforced by your pitiful attempt to prove me wrong.

Anyway, thanks for proving me right! Care to (You) again or are you done getting BTFO for today?

They're all the same, but at least Epic has a reasonable cut. Then again you have to contrast that against Steam's advertising machine.

It's not that hard. I got one here for every company:
>Steam - Valve's IPs
>Origin - EA's IPs
>Todd launcher - Bethesda's IPs
>Uplay - Ubisoft's IPs
>Battle.net - Activision and Blizzard's IPs
>Epic - not their IPs

so you do admit that it was a hindrance to modders and not just cheaters, nice

Unless "reasonable cut" means cheaper games for the end user, then it really isn't an argument in favor of EGS

You think that each store is content with only their own titles as exclusives?
That's retarded. How are you going to counter sales on other platforms? You're not going to make money if store X has it 25% off on launch. Steam's the only one that doesn't need to do it now because of its Windows-tier monopoly, but even the main consoles do it.

90% of the free games section on steam is now mobile shit, with working cash shops with steam wallet integration. Valve facilitates more dollars going into the Chinese economy every day than Epic does by allowing Tencent to buy a minority share of their company.

The entire argument is fucking stupid. People cried and moaned and bitched incessantly when Origin was announced. The same steamcels posted vague screenshots of programs analyzing what it does when you start the program, they scoured the internet for click baity articles written by self proclaimed industry experts that supported their opinion, they shitposted on here constantly with low effort memes calling anyone who didn't capitulate to the superiority of their digital distribution platform a shill. The idiots who make these threads and hold these hot opinions are just a very vocal minority who are attempting to turn this shit into what amounts to a console war. There are still games which are exclusive to Origin to this very day.

Any rational well adjusted adult can see that these platforms are all the same. They have the same business model, they do the same things to attract devs and consumers, the functionality of their platforms is the same, they download at the same speeds, they have the same performance footprint. The only major difference between Steam and the rest of them is that steam has the community pages, which all these low T room temp IQ morons use to broadcast to the rest of the world how much of an anime loving flaming fucking faggot they are.

Yeah, it's more of a "Good faith policy", like tipping. If you don't give a shit, fine. If you do, whatever. It's not like Epic's store even works half the time.

>buying the IP rights to games is the same as buying exclusivity
maximum retardation

>the functionality of their platforms is the same
>EGS still doesnt have a shopping cart or proper cloudsaves

>What are the benefits of using EGS over it's competitors, as a consumer?
At this point, I would say the free games they give away every week. The only other one would be their client consuming less resources than Steam, and even more so with the new Steam beta, which gulps down a shit ton of RAM and CPU cycles.

Basically
>Free games
>Less resource hungry

Have better sales
Have added bonuses for buying on your stores, say free DLC
Have loyalty points that give you a free game of your choosing
There are many ways to pull in buyers over other stores, you just need to be creative

Right, there's no real difference between them, but if you were to put the developers first, you'd go with Epic. And the users, then you'd go with Steam.

My man Tim has been dressing like a incel mass school/mall/walmart/kinoplex shooter for decades now, respect.

Those are good ideas, but they're going to run you at a loss for what could be done with exclusivity.
No consumer likes exclusivity (aside from brand loyalty or rationality of purchase), but that's why it exists. It's the easy, maximum profit available lane to take.

If you're competing in sales, you're at a loss.
Free DLC, loss. Loyalist points, short term loss.

Argument then again comes back to working in good faith.

>proper cloudsaves
It does though.
>EGS still doesnt have a shopping cart
It's symbolic, so you will carefully consider every purchase. By forcing you to buy them individually, their perceived value increases as well. You'd realize this if you weren't used to shoveling shit into your steambox every sale, like a good consumer drone.

>IPs that you purchase with money and make exclusive to your storefront is not exclusivity.
The absolute state of the smooth brain drone

From customer perspective nothing, it's actually worse as it's missing tons of features that had been standard on Steam for 10+ years.

>The same steamcels posted vague screenshots of programs analyzing what it does when you start the program
Oh shit I forgot the "Origin = spyware" complaints. Do Steamcels ever tire of being wrong?

Not one of which are actually necessary, they're just there to push the DRM harder down your throat.

I actually love this rationalizing, it's hilarious

>Any rational well adjusted adult can see that these platforms are all the same. They have the same business model, they do the same things to attract devs and consumers, the functionality of their platforms is the same, they download at the same speeds, they have the same performance footprint.
>The only major difference between Steam and the rest of them is that steam has the community pages, which all these low T room temp IQ morons use to broadcast to the rest of the world how much of an anime loving flaming fucking faggot they are.
Fucking based

Actually publishing the game is a world apart from just buying the rights to sell it.

>That was a lie
no it's actually genuinely spyware
>Exclusivity will hurt PC gaming
and it already has by enabling shit studios incapable of actual sales that should be going under and by taking away options from the consumer
steam didn't improve due to epic store "competition" and any changes were already in the pipeline for years

lmao imagine being this much of a drone

yeah, who needs shopping carts, integrated forums and review systems to help you get better perspective about the actual quality of the product aside from marketing material, those are just gimmicks only nerds care about

samefag

The fact that people suddenly trust Epic to keep to their word forever, when they've already threw a tantrum once and claimed to leave PC gaming, only to return with Fortnite while at the same time acting like their previous games never existed, is mesmerizing to me.

Was it a good decision though? How many copies did the game sell?

>missing tons of features
Yes, all those semi-functional features that were shipped by some random Valve employee so he could use it as an excuse to collect his year-end bonus, and then was hastily abandoned once he lost interest. Or was fired.

Real shit my man, and I'm not even saying this because I dislike drones - but I would love for Valve to remove all that useless extraneous shit from Steam for once and for all. Big Meme Mode, Steam Meme Music, The VR gimmick, Steam Meme Steam - all that shit needs to go. I want a lean client and if this Library beta is any indication, it's all getting even more bloated.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>and then was hastily abandoned once he lost interest. Or was fired.
you literally have no proof of this and it literally wouldn't even matter to me as a consumer, egs is fucking garbage 1989 Tiananmen Square protests

>integrated forums and review systems
These things were never of worth to anyone. Reviews ar bombed and you have discord for forums. Just more bloat.

Well man, do I just have the thing for you! All you have to do is download Epic Store, and you will get your featureless storefront right from your dreams!

Download Epic Store™ right now to receive 6 (six) ! fantastic Batman games, and I can assure you my friend, it will have none of the useless features you are so afraid of!

>nooooo don't call me out
confirmed for samefagging

>it literally wouldn't even matter to me as a consumer
Right, because you're a mindless drone. Thanks for pointing that out to me, as if I didn't already know it.

But then aren't exclusive deals also running short-term losses? Surely good faith is better if you don't want to run exclusive deals forever.

Sleep is important, I wouldn't want to rob that from you by proving you wrong.

He could really improve his looks by getting a decent haircut and contacts. Maybe some facial hair too.

This but unironically.

>caring about your own interests over the interests of a store employee makes you a mindless drone
it's literally the reverse, mindless droned defend shits stores, people getting fired does not affect me

>good faith
Delusional christfag please leave

Nobody had any doubt in their minds that you Epic shills think this unirnoically, why did you even bother posting this?

keep going user you're only making it more obvious lmao imagine being pathetic enough to samefag in defense of egs xi jing ping must be real proud

>caring about how you look
Truly succesful and intelligent people are way above and beyond such superficial down to earth things. This is why you will forever stay pleb.

It's your choice.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (535x117, 6K)

good man, still retarded for defending egs though

Steam forums are legit the worst message boards I have ever seen in my life.
The review system is entirely "lol meme 11/10 praise gaben" spam and review bombs. Even worse, those reviews factor into game visibility, which affects small dev teams greatly while large AAA devs can easily weather Valve's black box algorithm fuckery.
I am so glad Epic gave a big middle finger to these people.

>Sucking Gabe Newell's dick for decades
>Not using other PC launchers that broke Valve PC monopoly

Atleast you have your Team fortress hats and F2P CSGO aimbot fest

Right, but to what extent to you define "Good faith"? Is it fine to by Nintendo Switches because the RAM chips they use are made in Nepal at 0.014c a piece?
Is it bad to not support GoG because of this one thing some CEO did once on a deal?

You can't draw the line anywhere, but you especially can't draw the line if it's just Valve.

You have exactly 1 minute to prove you are not a corporate shill, otherwise this message will be discarded by literally everybody on the internet.

Go.

>>Not using other PC launchers that broke Valve PC monopoly
but why?

Can you be even more greasy?

Attached: 878676766.png (396x321, 256K)

>the fuck does that have to do with my post? he claimed valve purchased 3rd party IPs
They did. Portal is the perfect example. Sure it wasn't called Portal at the time. But the gameplay and tech is the "intellectual property" that they bought.

I don't really care one way or the other, I'm just against regurgitating blatant bullshit straight out of reddit.

No need to be so hurtful user. I'm already pleb by virtue of being on Yea Forums.

Developers have really been needing something for a while now that they can use to fight back against consumers.

To the extent that you don't fucking know what good faith means in this context

steam and EGS are for soys. real chads buy their physical copies for their ps4.

Then why are you defending egs?

portal didn't exist until valve saw a game they made and hired them to work on portal. absolutely no IP was bought

This. These are the people we're arguing with. The little faggots who dance around in TF2 spamming those stupid ASCII faces in server chat who turned what was a genre-defining, class-based shooter with Quake-style movement and unique gameplay mechanics into a goddamn F2P babysitting simulator for loot box-obsessed children.
I hate them all with every fiber of my being.

>welfare for mediocre devs is a good thing
You can't defend this.

This, but for Xbone.

I'm not, I was simply appreciating an user for calling out reddit bullshit.

So what is good faith then?

>Portal didn't exist until Valve saw Portal and bought it
Not him, but look, I get that Narbacular Drop wasn't "Portal" but it was still an intellectual property that Valve bought and used as leverage to get people to install their launcher.
Hell, was Portal not THE game that Valve first gave away for free to push their install base higher?

>hired them to work on.
They didn't just hire them, they bought their then current assets as well.

>criticism of egs is reddit bullshit
really now

but that game was a different title and portal was a spiritual successor

>lies are criticism

there were no lies though egs is spyware

>they bought their then current assets as well
And then fired them all two years later. Well, except for one guy from the original Portal team, who then went on to work on Artifact (based on another IP Valve purchased ironically).
I give it about four months before he's fired too.

their work before making portal was freeware, so that's not true

I mean, yes? Valve purchased the assets and rights to that IP, made Portal out of it, and made it a Steam exclusive.

>still peddling this lie from reddit

Attached: 1567452533077.gif (250x180, 954K)

Attached: Baby's First Proc Mon.png (1428x1552, 1.04M)

>purchased
nigga it was freeware, they hired the devs because they liked what they showcased you're literally lying, narcabular drop can be downloaded for free outside of steam

>Nooooooo they're not so utterly incompetent that they cant even program in the most basic of features! It's symbolic!
And you call steamfags bootlickers

Attached: 1568960892192.jpg (640x640, 98K)

wouldn't that make Portal a first-party IP?

>nigga it was freeware
brb, copying and pasting my TF2 directory to the new user Game Store and selling it. It's free afterall you know nigga, so I can do that.

You're right. Damn Steam forums and workshop are a gimmick. So are the reviews and the damned stupid refunds. All purchases should be final.

Hail corporate America. Fuck these cunts that unionize and want health insurance. Get your own. God bless you user, you're the best customer any store would want. Just go ahead and purchase then let the spit dribble off your cute little chin.

literally every every popular program is spyware, including steam

so....what exclusivity valve buying this year ?

Attached: 1509714550883.gif (392x400, 652K)

you're grasping so fucking hard now, narcabular drop isn't even fucking on steam. it has nothing to do with valve

Go on lad, this one's on me

>using extra features as counter argument
>didnt mention basic features not even exist in EGS

Attached: 1449024974096.gif (129x150, 73K)

yes it sets a great standard for devs when they figure out they can just release a game clearly still in development but still be ensured payment for a finished game thanks to greedy idiots who think they mean in the industry.

Yes. Valve purchases formerly independent IPs, brings them under their roof, and makes them permanent 1st party Steam exclusives so they can leverage them into achieving a large install base.
Epic uses timed exclusivity deals with guaranteed revenue, but (generally) they do not outright purchase IPs and lock them into their ecosystem forever like what Valve did with all their popular IPs except for Half-Life, which they created themselves.

Are we not agreeing on this? It seems like we're agreeing.

Apart from Kim Swift, all the coders seem to still work on Valve. Some are on the VR team apparently

>Valve purchases formerly independent IPs, brings them under their roof
but they didn't do that with portal

Well they tried and failed to moneyhat the Dota Autochess devs, so that's one.

pure jewspeak

they also didn't do it with CS, which was a HL mod

meanwhile people who play Borderlands 3 try to discuss and find help for their issues on BL2 steam forums, you are not fooling or convincing anyone

They bought the assets and rights to the IP it was based on, then made it into a permanent Steam exclusive. This would be like buying the rights to Street Fighter II, then making Super Street Fighter II from it, then arguing that it's a brand new IP.
You can try to argue semantics all you want, but the undeniable fact is Valve buys IPs and makes them permanent Steam exclusives. They did it then, they continue to do it today.

what about it is cancer exactly?

they saw the failed epic version while LOL took over

no they fucking didn't, you're lying through your teeth. that game isn't on steam and is free through several websites
post some fucking proof of your "undeniable fact" of them doing it with portal

why does this seat look so fucking miserable

Attached: file.png (197x400, 123K)

>they also didn't do it with CS, which was a HL mod
What does it being a mod have to do with it? Does Valve automatically own the rights to any mod you create with your own assets simply because it runs on Goldsrc?
The Counter-Strike IP was purchased by Valve; this is a fact and a cursory Google search proves this. Like, holy fuck dude, the first paragraph for its Wikipedia page uses nearly the same verbatim language I'm using.

Arguing with drones is so tiresome. You guys are clueless beyond words and the most basic of research proves everything you say wrong.

It was terrible. You have low standards.

You want me to prove they bought out the Narbacular Drop team? This is so tiresome lmao.

They hired the team of Narbacular Drop, and helped then turn their concept into a real game.
If Gabe hadn't, nobody would be thinking with portals now.
Some of the team is still working for Valve, right now.

Attached: digipen-student-game-narbacular-drop.jpg (3200x1800, 465K)

why is this surprising to anybody? Obviously control didn't make that back, but when you are trying to overthrow a larger, more established competitor this is exactly how you do it. You operate at a loss to build your install base and then once you overtake the competitor with sufficient customers you stop investing in customer aquisition. This is EXACTLY how uber became popular enough to overtake taxis. Literally the same concept. Epic is going to keep buying exclusives at a loss if necessary to force steam out, then once epic is top dog theyre going to basically stagnate until they are taken down by the next company.

>Control
Game was so garbage I didn't even pirate it.

they literally hired them you braindead retard, portal was made after they joined valve. holy fuck how dumb are you? valve does NOT own narbacular drop or any of it's assets
can you post where it says valve purchased it? I thought it was just a mod but may be mistaken, I'm not a drone. stop making strawmen of people who disagree with you, it's unhealthy. I was under the impression that it was a HL mod that couldn't legally be it's own IP

arcade.digipen.edu/games/narbacular-drop
There. You can still play their game, no prob, for free. No DRM, no Steam.

They might want to pick some games that aren't mediocre trash.

>can you type "Counter-Strike" into Wikipedia for me and then screenshot it or link it?
No, fuck you, lazy drone. Do it yourself, if you dare.

>You operate at a loss to build your install base and then once you overtake the competitor with sufficient customers you stop investing in customer aquisition
That logic doesn't fucking work with digital storefronts.

You don't STEAL any fucking customers. The chances are the customers are just availing both services.

it says they acquired it, not necessarily purchased. jesus you're digging yourself into a hole here

>there is a sea of gamers who are butthurt about epic having certain games so they vow to boycott the entire platform
>customers don't care about what platform they use, they'll just use whatever they need to buy their shit
I'll let you think about what you just said, come back to me after you do

induring you're a fucking retard
A BUNCH OF THOSE GAMES ENDED UP ON OTHER PLATFORMS TOO RETARD
>PORTAL
THAT'S DEVELOPED BY FUCKING VALVE RETARD
>TEAM FORTRESS
A MOD FOR HALF LIFE PUBLISHED BY VALVE
>CS
MOD FOR HALF LIFE PUBLISHED BY VALVE

holy fucking shit, is that all you've got? 5 of the best fucking games to ever hit the market, infinitely bettered by valve's involvement, and you're fucking upset about it? are you retarded?

kill yourself instantly

Attached: 1567495558136.png (481x394, 157K)

It’s competitive

>The chances are the customers are just availing both services.
or not, in Epic's case because the product they've brought to market is complete trash in comparison to even the secondrate entries like origin and uplay, let alone comparing it to the gold standard

>buying an IP and hiring the original devs to make a new game,
>paying publishers millions of dollars towards the very end of games development simply to not sell the final product on a competitor's storefront

Totally the same thing. Shitbrain.

Fucking madman, there's no way this is sustainable.

>it says they acquired it, not necessarily purchased
Omfg. Yes drone, the acquisition of the Counter-Strike IP was totally for free, with zero money changing hands. Because this is how businesses work. They just say "Here, have my IP. I don't want that shit anymore" and POOF! You're the new IP holder!

>my IP
it was a fucking mod, holy shit. it wasn't their IP you retard, you can't modify existing games and sell them without licensing. why would valve pay for a mod to their own game?
also you just stopped replying to the portal stuff lmao

What if I told you these IPs were fully developed products, capable of being run without a launcher, and the others, to use your words "towards the very end of their development"?

With billion investments Uber is still losing money every year. Timmy better have a good backup plan before fortnite stops being cool shit.

>You can try to argue semantics all you want, but the undeniable fact is Valve buys IPs and makes them permanent Steam exclusives.
You forget the part where they actually funded those games development instead of just waiting until the game was almost finished to pay for exclusivity

to add to this, you literally fucking needed hl files to download cs. how the FUCK do you sell valve their own fucking assets?

this
publishing a game != buying exclusivity dumbasses

>Pay millions of dollars for having shit only for yourself
Epic has scat fetish?

>Valve owns the rights to mods created for Goldsrc
Oh shit, I guess Valve owns every single fucking mod that has ever been created for their engines. Someone should tell Bethsoft this, they could make a killing on all those Skyrim mods that they totally own!

doing fucking what is anyones guess

they literally do unless you licence that shit you fucking retard, see

>You forget the part where they actually funded those games development
After they bought the exclusive rights to them numbskull. You think Valve just hands out grants to fund independent gamedev? What are they, Epic?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldSrc
this here literally confirms goldsrc is closed-source, valve fucking owns it

Then you would be a liar full of shit, because Narbacular Drop, TF and DotA are not the same games as Portal, TF2 or DotA 2 and the latter games were not developed products before Valve paid for them. Epic entire strategy is waiting until games are announced for Steam or near the end of their development and paying the dev/publisher simply to not release it on Steam or GoG.

Yo show me proof that Valve owns the mods you make for their engine. One would think this would be a BIG fucking deal in the modding community.

>Oh shit, I guess Valve owns every single fucking mod that has ever been created for their engines.
First off, a game created with a specific engine is not necessarily a mod. CS literally used Half-Life and its files, so yeah, they kinda own it.

>Valve owns their engine
No shit, really?

here you go same engine used in counter strike. is your slow brain starting to see the big picture?

no

>"How much pop-culture bullshit can I fit into one picture?"

Attached: iwantedlegonotduplo.png (939x885, 940K)

why would that be a big deal? valve loves modders, they keep their games alive for free

>yeah, they kinda own it
Not according to literally every single source out there.
Valve did not automatically own Counter-Strike by virtue of it being a mod, lmao. The entire modding community would be flipped on its head if this was true.

You realise this is the reason for epic chinks current tactics right?

don't ever reply to me again

then I'm gonna have to send you to special ed, sorry

Exclusives are the only chance they get a piece of Gaben's cake, especially considering they have literally nothing else going for them.

I was unaware that the Counter-Strike IP was actually a game engine. You drones educate me more and more every day.

>After they bought the exclusive rights to them numbskull.
Because they bought the IP you massive fucking retard. Literally what's the point of buying an IP if you're not going to develop anything with it?

Epic isn't offering ganedev grants for exclusivity you disingenuous cunt, these EGS deals have absolutely fuck all to do with funding game development, they have yet to offer any dev these EGS deals before the game past development

no don't I need my epic shill bucks to feed my 20 kids to xi

It will be a good thing when they run out of fortnite money and all these faggots end up homeless

You're asking why a modder having his project's IP rights being automatically conferred to a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a big deal?

Hold this, bitch.

Attached: IMG_20190824_193023.jpg (3840x2160, 450K)

but they do, they're using valve's engine. see closed source means that you cannot copyright a product that uses it without a licence
>flipped on its head
why? valve and modders have a great relationship
why am I a drone? I'm just telling you history

Don't ever reply to me again

>Epic isn't offering ganedev grants for exclusivity
I know, the money they handed out the Blender Foundation was entirely no-strings-attached. Based Tim at it again.

yes, why would that be a big deal when valve has showed massive support from day one? what would the issue be?
hehe

>gabe cucks tim out of the biggest market in the world
Based. Tim and Tencent absolutely seething.

It's worse in just about every way, the only reason to install it is the games it holds at ransom.

How can one be this dumb?

>they're using valve's engine
Holy shit, a mod's IP rights are not automatically conferred to the corporation that owns the engine it runs on. If this were true, Bethsoft would own literally the entirety of the Skyrim modding community.

>discussion on exclusivity deals from Epic compared to Valve
>but muh dev grants

Epic drones are absolutely pathetic

Attached: goalposts.jpg (300x240, 27K)

Do you get your news exclusively from Yea Forums shitposting or something?

I thought asians were supposed to have a 110+ IQ.

Thanks for the laugh, these threads never fail to amuse me, where the (you) farmers go all out.

>Bethsoft would own literally the entirety of the Skyrim modding community.
they do lmao. you still don't seem to get it, bethesda can nuke the nexus at any minute if they want to. but why the fuck would they? it's a huge moneymaker for them and keeps their games alive

>Why would that be a big deal when Valve is the good guy? Like, have you seen the le epic gaben memes? He's totally based!
If you can't fathom why a modder having his IP automatically conferred to a multi-billion dollar corporation would be a big deal to the entire modding community then I don't know what to say.

You are retarded if you think publishers actually paid the full 30% share at any point in time instead of negotiating something lower beforehand.

$1.2 million total for dev grants
vs
$9.7 million for timed exclusivity of a single game

ba ba based

That isn't a lot.

Attached: 1562434970747.png (144x73, 10K)

>strawman
holy shit man, modders don't own their mods. that's why they're all free, unless they're licenced. you cannot copyright a product that uses someone else's assets

>Tim
Winning
>steamdrones
CHINA,SPYWARE,SHOPPING CART(A.K.A reddit memes)

Attached: 1568900882865.jpg (1080x607, 458K)

It's only a monopoly when Valve does it

>lie from reddit
Sure bro, it's not like anyone could confirm this shit for themselves and then Epic made everyone accept a new TOS to keep playing fornite the very next day.
metacouncil.com/threads/epic-game-store-spyware-tracking-and-you.766/page-3

Half-Life mod, Doom mod turned into a Half-Life mod, Source engine game, Source engine game (aka, no different than if Epic used the Unreal engine to make these 2 and then sold them only on the Epic store because its their own engine), anomaly that should never have existed.
Shill better next time

to clarify, IP stands for intellectual property. it's not your property if you're using closed-source assets, read

who even gives a fuck about control where the fuck is alan wake

I seriously hope you're getting paid because i cant imagine someone shilling chinkshit for free

That doesn't answer the question, retard.

Cope faggot
nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_software
meant to refer to this article

>hiring contract work
>moneyhatting

Chinese education everybody

Yes, because 10 year olds with mom's credit card fund it with Fornite MTXs

>it's ok that egs scraped data from steam because some fag says it's not spyware on his blog
Based retard.

Shitty gay starwars fanfiction outdoes DisneyWars by leagues

I like how after months of Epic shills saying the shopping cart is coming and its on the roadmap for the store they've just shifted to 'actually not having cart is a feature'

Attached: 1510215427972.jpg (600x600, 57K)

>he says while posting a Reddit meme image

The lack of a shopping cart is symbolic, so you will carefully consider every purchase. By forcing you to buy them individually, their perceived value increases as well. You'd realize this if you weren't used to shoveling shit into your steambox every sale, like a good consumer drone.

Attached: 1506805429129.png (400x400, 152K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO STEAMDRONES
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1176105247506386945

>GangWeed poster and EGS shill
I'm not surprised.

The only thing that was sent to epic servers is the steam friendlist. Not a single faggot proved otherwise because it's simply a lie.
I'm going to repeat myself but cope faggot, this isn't your subreddit

Imagine buying Borderlands 3 or being excited to give Randy Pitchford your money.

See: Your boss told you to just go for a different angle?

So what will Epic do now with all those copies they purchased from their own store?

>Give us numbers then we will shut up
>NOOOO IT'S LIES
And the cycle continue

I just want some fucking closure to Alan Wake in the AWE dlc.

>Only 50% more than BL2
That's pretty bad considering people have been waiting 7 years for the sequel.

ESL retard.

>you spend money to make money

makes sense

>it's ok because the data only contained X
Again, based retard.

Are these sales figures real? The game's social media doesn't reflect a fanbase of 500k players

Attached: 1565196913272.jpg (754x699, 27K)

Yeah, it is okay because the data contained the thing you agreed to share. But it looks like you are that one crazy steamdrone. So, take your meds steamie

polygon.com/2016/11/2/13502596/mafia-3-fastest-selling-game-2k-games
>Barely sells more than Mafia 3
Pathetic

OH NO NO NO NO

By the way, I like how they mention the 5 million sales and PC in the same breath, suggesting they were made all on PC to make EGS look better.

>Yea Forumsirgins actually think modders own their mods
I knew this board was retarded but holy shit

500k is the copies epic bought
7374 is the actual number of sales to players

In theory it should be the exclusive games, but they keep buying trash for some reason. Not that Steam is doing any better, I haven't bought anything on there in like 5 years. Basically surrounded by garbage.

Well, looks like it's really over for steam.

Attached: LwEWwmG.gif (480x360, 1.48M)

Good luck. I've seen literally 5% moderation rate on blatant rule violations and that 5% is only nuking a thread entirely instead of removing the specific posts that violate the rules.

>Disney has never had a monopoly, they're just popular. There's a world of fucking difference.
This is how stupid you sound

I love how this post has so many seething replies from Valve drones because it's 100% true and they're scrambling to do damage control so they don't look like hypocrites LMAO

>Hey zoom-zooms, the guy you're all triggered by a
>If you want though, you can scroll up through the thread and get bussy blasted over and over by my unquestionable explanation of Valve's path to near-monopoly status. But here's a tl:dr, they did it with permanent exclusive content
Content they themselves paid to be developed. You got BTFO by the rest of the thread

Hope you get sleep apnea

>over 5 hours later and he's still replying to his own post
KEK

>Valve is a media conglomerate that has a monopoly on the entire entertainment industry just like Disney
This is how stupid you sound

And now I'm triggering the Valve drones LMAO

fuck all corporations including valve, I'm just laughing at you replying to yourself

Not sure if you're familiar with the term "Dead letter law", but if rules were actually enforced Yea Forums wouldn't exist

He already confirmed that Epic doesn't do this.

>I'm not a valve drone, I'm just mad!
LMFAO

>I love how this post has so many seething replies from Valve drones because it's 100% true you're 100% retarded and scrambling to damage control for an objectively retarded shitpost

>He already confirmed
Who? The pedo resetera mod?

>Just trust me, bro.

What the fuck? RX 5700XT outperforms RTX 2070?

Attached: 1569243482601.gif (500x500, 702K)

Objectively retarded? Possibly. Absolutely true and making you Valve drones seethe? 100%!

>no u
>still samefagging after 5 hours
L M A O

>I'm not mad, you're just a Valve drone!
LMFAO

>Just trust me instead, bro. I don't have any facts and I'm biased but just trust me.

>Exclusives
>Like the company that hasn't been good since Max Payne finished's game being exclusive!
What did Timmy Tencent mean by this?

Who are you seething Valve drones even quoting?

No it's just objectively retarded like you. You're desperately running damage control for a post that was refuted by multiple anons. Basically you're a pigeon on a chess board

>Any rational well adjusted adult can see that these platforms are all the same.

Okay, but I already have one, and I already use one, why the fuck should I install 50 more if they're all the same?

>true
proof?

I'm not quoting anyone you newfag, greentexting isn't exclusive to quoting lmao

>hurr durr who are you quoting durr Valve drones hurr seethe

>greentexting isn't exclusive to quoting lmao
Get a load of this newfag! Try reddit, Valve drone.

congratulation, you played yourself

>no u
you're amazing, I really love you

Who are you quoting, seething Valve drone?

but it's correct

Origin was total garbage when it first launched, and there are no Origin exclusives that are not published by EA. Though at least they had a shopping cart

>Any rational well adjusted adult can see that these platforms are all the same. They have the same business model, they do the same things to attract devs and consumers, the functionality of their platforms is the same, they download at the same speeds, they have the same performance footprint

Not a single word of this is true.

now this is proper autism

The lack of buying option is symbolic, so you will carefully consider every download. By not forcing you to pay anything, the perceived value increases as well. You'd realize this if you weren't used to spend money, like a good consumer drone you are.

Attached: images.png (191x264, 9K)

now this is proper autism

Why does this trigger the chinese so much?

Attached: winnie the pooh.jpg (1436x1500, 330K)

No, the CEO of the company.

Attached: 1551998372099.png (1058x667, 324K)

because it's used to cart their corpses every day

Lurk more faggot

>"I didnt rape that woman" - Says a confirmed sex offender on death row

monkey see, monkey do

it's literally correct, greentexting isn't exclusive to quoting

No u

Cope.

Don't reply to me ever again, fucking tourists

fuck are you gonna do about it

Tim Sweeney, the twitter pedophile.

Cope.

Don't reply to me ever again, fucking tourists

My dad

Nothing, just keep on being a newfag steam drone.

Don't reply to me ever again, fucking tourist

come on, you can fit some more insults in there big boy

fuck are you gonna do about it

I'm truly starting to hate epic.

>exclusive

Attached: this one's on me lad.gif (450x268, 2.54M)

Redditors can't handle his bantz

reddit.com/user/TimSweeneyEpic

Attached: pepelaugh.jpg (251x242, 15K)

My dad.

Why, they are saving the industry from steam monopoly.

Attached: 418519051958gz.png (496x183, 15K)

>frogposter unironically linking to Reddit

hurr durr who are you quoting seething Valve drone

Attached: 1535805109457.png (720x513, 504K)

Yeah but, who are you quoting? Can you explain this to me

Cope more newfag.

Attached: 15614767962790.png (976x658, 283K)

GoG has a store. EA has a store. Ubisoft has a store. Valve has a store. They all draw customers by creating awesome games.

But the chinks don't create anything of value. And just try to buy up random shit.

He literally can't. Redditors don't know how Yea Forums works.

The company behind Sins of a Solar empire also had a store, but they sold it to Gamestop.

>Valve
>Games

Attached: 9250158514821h.png (1559x756, 125K)

Valve never asks for exclusivity. That's why you can also import many Valve games to GoG.

Yeah. drm free games are not exclusive. But the rest is, forever

Shhh let him autistically freak out , hes a shill for epic so he csnt concieve of another store thst isnt steam

You don't have to when you have the market by the balls, made possible by a literal decade of zero competition.

Meh, steam no longer has monopoly. Because epic is already saving pc gaming from them, nothing to add here really

literally everyone wants a piece of valve's pie what are you talking about

Time to end the monopoly guys.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (404x300, 26K)

You can buy ubisoft, bethesda and microsoft games on steam or elsewhere. They are not drm free.

I forgot the Microsoft store also exists.

Of course not, exclusivity would mean Valve would do something, and they haven't done anything in decades.

Keep on being a newfag, Valve drone

>exclusivity would mean Valve would do something
Apparently not. If you look the underhanded tactics of the yellow peril.

They use their own api hence they can sell games everywhere. It's not true for more than 90% of games on steam. Why do you think steam is so big? Because no one before had enough money to even attempt at taking them down, who thought that fortnite will save the future of vidya

They do, but the indoctrinated Valve drones refuse to buy anything on another launcher unless they're forced to through exclusivity.

>made possible by a literal decade of zero competition.

And who's fault is that exactly? What was Epic doing in the PC market 10 years ago back when Valve was investing all it's resources into growing Steam?

Attached: 1417663804750.jpg (380x358, 41K)

Valve drones

So then what's the problem? If nobody's offering a better service then what's the point

I buy games that are on Steam, or sold directly by the devs themselves.

I pirate games that are on the Epic Store.

Attached: hitler timeline.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Market share. Spend money now to ensure you have total control later.

I hope you're ready for a complete Chinese takeover of the industry within 10 years, gwailo scum.

That explains why they keep asking "who are you quoting" whenever they see someone posting greentext

Epic was making games, unlike Valve.

Tencet has unlimited money.
they want every american's name, address, phone number, credit card info, etc.
a billion here or there is peanuts.

New thread

>who's fault is that exactly

Well
>But for competitors to Steam, like Direct2Drive and Impulse, Steamworks is the end of days. Brad Wardell commented on Steamworks in the 2009 Stardock Customer Report, saying "Once a game requires Steamworks, it is effectively cut off from us, which limits our content." These words, however, are like honey compared to those of Direct2Drive. When Direct2Drive decided not to carry the blockbuster Modern Warfare 2, Gamasutra asked the company for comment. In reply, Direct2Drive stated, "We don't believe games should force the user to install a Trojan Horse."

It's fault of valve predatory tactics

>b-b-but valve drones!
Answer the question faggot

What PC games was Epic making 10 years ago? And who made TF2, Portal and Dota2 since Valve apparently didn't make those games?

Attached: image_2.jpg (200x200, 6K)

>it's the fault of Valve that everybody else including Epic abandoned PC until Valve proved PC digital was viable

The absolute state of Epic drones and their delusions

There is no service, just a bloated social media website attached to the client that the sheep have been indoctrinated on just like normies to Facebook. Why aren't there competitors to Facebook? The same reason Steam has a stranglehold on video games, literal sheep who refuse to budge. People shit on Epic for doing exclusives, but that's literally the only way people will buy anything not on Steam since the sheep cannot be pried off of the platform they've dumped hundreds to thousands of dollars on.

New thread

Jesus, he can't even deflect so he answers to his own strawman. Pathetic

That is the answer.

>missing the point this hard
if none of the competitors are offering me anything better than what I already have then why should I be pleased about competition

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_by_Epic_Games

Here you go chump, I'm not going to list them all for you. Nice list of games from a decade ago when Valve did make games, idiot.

Meanwhile EA gets 50 million new users in a week by simply releasing apex legends.

New thread

Competition helps consumers in the long run. Valve drones are too distracted by frivolous garbage like profiles and emojis and call it "better service" in bad faith to defend their loss aversion.

In the epic store you can't even properly browse games.

>source: dude trust me

It's true for 100% games on steam. You can sell them anywhere you want.

Nothing really. It's a store that sells some games exclusively and sometimes gives them out for free. Getting insanely worked up about it is just stupid

Who are you quoting?

New thread

What does this even mean? Is this your magnum opus of why we should turn Steam into a monopoly?

So what you are saying is valve keeps games they fund and publish on their store? Scandalous. Ansolutely identical to just moneyhatting already completed games.

Ah, let's see if I can find a cool nice game to buy.

>max 3 games per screen

Attached: nice interface.jpg (1920x1080, 832K)

You don't know what a strawman is and blaming Valve as if they were somehow preventing Epic from selling games on PC is beyond pathetic. You are a joke.

How much does Epic spend on shills, seriously? It’s impressive how long this campaign has went on for.

see