Tifa Lockhart

Genuine question: Does anybody actually care about this character beyond her sex appeal? I never see any discussion on her actual qualities as an individual.

Attached: Tifa_Portrait.jpg (180x219, 8K)

I like boobies

when I think tifa I think boobs

Do you have anything to say about her character m8?

I found her pretty bland 2bh. Aeris stole the show until she died but then Tifa never really stepped into the the main role afterward. She got her one big moment at the end but that was it.

When I first played FF7 I shipped Cloud and Aeris but now I think Cloud and Tifa are far better together, given their shared backstory,, their chemistry and how they help each other grow and develop together.

Attached: cloud-and-tifa.jpg (1273x1123, 1.3M)

Amazing character overshadowed by her sex appeal. She actually delivers the main line and point of the game. Youbtards just font pay attention

i like her, shes as autistic as cloud
>knows cloud is larping
>dont tell him

I don't actually besides I feel like her entire character appears to be just her looks. Even Vincent has more depth than her, and he's the one who's suppose to have no feelings.

I always have the Tifa in my party because her limit breaks are dope as shit and monk/fighter is fun fuck you

I like her, she's got great chemistry with Cloud, and some of her actions shift the entire plot.
Also, I like how big her boobies are.

op is a faggot
she's the go-getter optimist that has to contrast the rest of the party being pessimists

Yea Forums isn't for any meaningful discussion of Vidya, of course you haven't seen discussions on her actual qualities as an individual

she's spunky
my spunk

>I feel like her entire character appears to be just her looks

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?

Punch gals are great

Te remake overall looks like trash

Nu-Yea Forums doesn't care about characters or even video games, only manufactured outrage and twitter screencaps

I more or less agree but I do appreciate that she was going through. She was just a weak, insecure girl who spent the whole game gaslighting herself because Cloud seemed so sure of his story.

Because Tifa's entire character is more or less that she loves Cloud. She helps out with AVALANCHE and stuff but she's still actual waifu bait. And in that sense she works a lot better than most characters designed as such, she's very sweet and demure, but not naive. She has just enough of an edge to keep her from going into diabetes territory.

what a retarded ass thread. you see any of these other anime girls or gacha shit in the calatog with motherfuckers talking about "qualities as an individual"? where do you think you are? gay ass thread

Personally, I love Tifa but her character falls a little bit short for me in some ways. Most of them are story and writing quibbles though. For one, I feel like we don't get a lot of insight into why she opened a bar in Midgar. I guess you could make the case that it's a plausible cover and way to fund the operations of AVALANCHE. But what does being a bartender add to her character? I'm sure there's something there but I don't see it.

Aerith selling flowers in a dirty slum is a great allegory. It's a woman selling nature in a world that's abandoned it. She is "the flower girl" because she represents the planet itself. It's completely thematically consistent with her character and it's something evocative that stays with you. She's selling kindness in an unkind world. I don't think that level of care is given to Tifa.

There's contradictory elements of Tifa that I don't think are intentional. She's shy and reserved but she dresses in a way that turns a lot of heads. She's a martial artist who is also a bartender. I don't think a lot of thought was given into the "why?" for these things. I think Square was mainly thinking about making an appealing female character so they gave her these disparate traits.

Speaking of martial arts, I think we don't get enough of that either. She has her martial arts and her badass fighting moves but when does her training from Zangan ever factor into the plot in any meaningful way? It’d be nice if Cloud was having trouble with something and Tifa came in and successfully gave him a hand.

I've played the game dozens of times, and it just seems like she is very short on character development, where every character gets an arc that made me get emotional, she just doesn't. Even the scene where she is helping Cloud remember who he is to me just came off as more character building for Cloud, and I only really empathized with him.
I want to like her character, don't get me wrong, but maybe I just can't connect to her like I can with the rest of the cast or something.

I was expecting Tifa to be the star of the show when I first played the game in July but I changed my mind when I got Aerith in the party.

I felt that Aerith's interactions with Cloud were more genuine and her Healing Winds got me through the better part of the game when I was still learning the game mechanics.

In the end Aerith is my preferred waifu and I'm glad that I've never touched the Compilation based on what I've heard about it.

Tifa's character arc is about her coming to be more open about her feelings with Cloud. It's Yuffie and Vincent that don't really have anything

She's alright. Her entire character sort of predicates entirely on her relationship with ANOTHER character, though.

Vincent I can agree on, but Yuffie has a whole side-arc where she learns to see her father's point of view and even somewhat changes her motivation to be more supportive of Wutai.

>Does anybody actually care about this character beyond her sex appeal?
No.
Do we care about how fun the actual game is?
Also no.

It's just fan service. We like cake.

Also while she is obnoxious as hell, she has a personality that doesn't depend solely on someone else's existence, and she's the most humorous one of the original game in my opinion, she drops some fuckin one liners when you have her in your party.

No one talks about Tifa's character because it's straight forward and established in the beginning of the game. You don't learn about what kind of person she became until about 3/4 of the way through the game, where you find out the specifics of her past and relationship with Cloud when they're in his mind.

Basically Tifa has a backstory steeped in traumatic events, but every event steels her will even further. She falls while climbing Mt. Nibel and goes into a coma for a week but afterwards becomes a guide for the very treacherous paths that caused her injury at a young age. She takes up martial arts and becomes one of her master's most accomplished students. When Sephiroth razes her village she seeks him out instead of cursing her fate. After she is wounded by Sephiroth and taken to Midgar to recover she dedicates her life to becoming a terrorist fighting against Shinra for vengeance as well as the hope that others may be spared the things that have befallen her.

Tifa is relatively demure, but is quite strong willed when it comes to moving on her her life and pushing forward. She displays heavy Yamato Nadeshiko qualities, partly in her loyalty to Cloud as displayed when she forsook everything, even helping prevent the end of the world, just to be by his side.

Tifa has a pleasant personality, figuratively and literally the girl next door. She's absurdly strong and can fight with the best of them. Aesthetically she's very attractive, has a simple yet alluring outfit, and obviously has naice tiddy. People tend to dwell on the looks and obvious sexual appeal but overall she comes off as an enjoyable person to be around.

Attached: e-tifa.jpg (211x218, 15K)

>I never see any discussion on her actual qualities as an individual.

how often do you see this for any of them? in the same way tifa threads end up being image dumps and arguing about her new design, aerith threads almost entirely hinge on shipping bullshit, and if they dont start a flame war, autism like faceswap, or veer off into discussion of the ffvii in general, they die off fast because shes not as popular as tifa. actual discussion about anyone other than cloud or sephiroth is nearly non-existent, and even with those its a stretch.

That stuff didn't register for me because Yuffie never seemed to take anything seriously. I'd also argue that Aeris herself didn't have much of a character arc to speak of. Important moments in the plot featured her, but as a person she was static throughout the story

This is a good post.

This is the shit I wanted to see when I made the post. I hope the remake focuses more on this side of her.

I think it's because for all her life up to Cloud saving her on the mountain, she'd been a weak delicate little wallflower princess so she starts learning martial arts to compensate. Then when Sephiroth takes everything from her, she resolves to get even stronger and basically become the opposite of the girl she used to be. Rough and tough bartender is about as far as you can get from pretty doll.

It's more like she spends her whole life around a bunch of men going on grand adventures and she doesn't want to miss out. Even as a kid you see her wanting to keep up with the other boys climbing the mountain

And what better place to gather information about said adventures than a bar?

>なんてたくさんのことを忘れてしまえるんだろう
"Peope can forget so many things" .
She hadn't remembered it either. English translation fucked up her character.

I always like characters who punch things

she's nice and a caring character, she takes care of cloud when he's all screwed up

so it's not just looks

imagine if she was cloud's older sister instead

>older sister.
She was younger than him. Young Cloud was the one wanted to sniff her panties.

Dilly Dally Shilly Shally
Dilly Dally Shilly Shally
DILLY DALLY SHILLY SHALLY

>go-getter optimist
Those moments (Red XIII in Gold Saucer is the most blatant.) are her insecurity and emotional weakness flaring up and her trying to sweep problems and anxiety under the rug post-haste. When Tifa smiles, your heart should break, since it means she's hiding herself hurting.

Attached: 1427131140682.jpg (1024x768, 130K)

>martial arts expert
>gets into a slap fight
Best FF moment

There are many things you should like about Tifa.

Attached: tifa_bound.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

I really like her limit break. I think she's a serviceable character but Aerith has a better personality.
Sure as hell better than Rinoa.

She's actually a garbage cunt that used Cloud's amnesia as a way to try and retcon herself as a nice girl next door. Lies to literally everyone. Her only redeeming qualities are those two sweater puppies.

of course not, her only character trait is being strangely obsessed with Cloud,

Of course. She's the most human and interesting character of the game.

Now that you mention it her whole identity was her big boobies.
I'm trying to think of some redeeming qualities but I can't seem to remember any.
She pretty much lied to cloud the entire game tricking him into believing his false past and in that flashback to childhood she leaves him hanging while she cries in her room.
What a cunt.