Has this been Kojima's biggest PR blunder yet? Even long-established industry leaders are condemning his ego

Has this been Kojima's biggest PR blunder yet? Even long-established industry leaders are condemning his ego.

Attached: Screenshot_361.png (609x882, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1175991120762814464?s=19
twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1175993660502003713?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=SesY3qP3GBM
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtube.com/watch?v=a3RsZuXwGUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ThutNUSMDfY
reddit.com/r/gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

man, sawyer is great

His profile pic looks like a real life npc wojak.

A Josh Sawyer game means balancing a single player game to the point of it missing a core value of gameplay: fun.

>Hey, this person kind of looks like this simple drawing!

You're fucking obssessed with that picture holy shit

>twitter clowns misconstrue a translated tweet
>jump on the chance to show how selfless they are
ironically an even more disgusting display of ego

Attached: 1474924891474.jpg (600x418, 27K)

Kojima's always been arrogant as shit doesn't everyone know this

Literally who?

Kojima is a delusional hack. What else is new?

Attached: sawyer.png (695x374, 48K)

>MAN SAID BAD THING, MAN SAID BAD THING LOOK GUYS HE BAD MAN NOW LOOK AT MY TASTE RIGHT BROS

People will deflect and say Sawyer is virtue signaling but Kojima absolutely views everyone he works with as disposable. He has zero connection to people as evidenced by Hayter and Joosten and he flew out to a game show on a private flight to huff his own farts and hype Death Stranding when, according to him, his team was in hardcore crunch. Meaning he left them like that without a director so he could sate his ego.

literally never heard of any of those

Neverwinter Nights 2 was trash.

Shut the fuck up weeaboo
Japanese people are garbage, they're slightly above niggers and chinks. They aren't infallible Gods who are above mortal concepts like having a fuckhuge ego like your retarded weeaboo ass seems to think they are.

Sawyer is virtue signaling

That could be possible if a fucking fallout game wasn't on the list.

New Vegas is like the most jerked off game around here

can someone give me a quick rundown on what kojima did to piss people off

Why are NPCs so quick to attack anyone and anything from Japan like it's trying to kill their dog or something?

That was apparently mistranslation. In Japanese Kojima didn't write he was responsible for all these things but that he's involved with all of these things.

Ahahaha come back when you direct a game like MGS3 you westshit hack

>his last good game came out in 2002
Damn, he really should just quit at this point.

>no no no I want to hate kojima fuck you nigger ree

Attached: nose.gif (511x512, 105K)

He left Konami so their shills are working overtime to sabotage his career.

You don't always have to be super humble and self-effacing and give all the credit to others. Sometimes it's okay to be proud of what you personally have accomplished.

>NO NO NO JAPANESE PEOPLE ARE INFALLIBLE, I WON'T ACCEPT ANY INSULT TO MY NIPPON OVERLORDS
Holy fucking cope.

Kojima takes credit for absolutely everything, despite being responsible for 0.1% of actual development. The only game in the MGS series he actually wrote was Peace Walker, and it's shit. Literally hundreds of people works on "his" games, and he has jack shit to do with most gameplay systems found in them.

He's a glorified QA who likes to make trailers.

kojima is so full of himself he thought he had perfect mastery of english but ended up poorly translating a tweet. now everyone thinks kojima is full of himself

>Kojima is literally a god amongst mortals because I posted a clown

>great dev myths
just because microsoft owns obsidian doesn't mean that you have to reduce the employees of studios to grey goo

Assmad konami chink

>josh sawyer
>somebody nobody has ever heard of
>hideo kojima
>releasing goty that is actually a new type of game with new gameplay

you get to be an egomaniac when you matter. you don't get to make fun of that egomaniac when you are a 100% nobody

>thinks
Kojima has been full of himself for decades.

Okay weeb

>walking simulator
>a genre that's been around for decades
>new type of game
You Kojima nuthuggers are fucking pathetic, lmao. Stop licking up every load he squirts on the floor.

>Why are NPCs so quick to attack anyone and anything from Japan
Japan is a toxic and problematic country, full of xenophobic and sexist shitlords that refuse to tone their games down for San Francisco sensibilities. Am I doing it right?

>rtwp
Disgusting

>literal walking simulator
>there isn't one game of this type

form an original thought, think about something before typing, thanks

You mean jealous sois

The "idea guy" is the ultimate piece of shit. It's every Jew's wet dream.
>let me just stand around eating an apple and telling other people to do whatever pops into my head that day and get all the money and credit for it
it's literally every leadership position. Leadership is a fucking meme.

cope

Hideo Kojima is probably the only game director who can sell shit by slapping his name on it. It's pretty justified to have an ego at that point. No one gives a fuck about Josh Sawyer's name.

the dungeon master has logged on

how ironic.

I love Sawyer, the man is so inoffensive yet he makes retards seethe.

Kojimbo BTFOing the jewfaces

twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1175991120762814464?s=19

twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1175993660502003713?s=19

That's because he's brainwashed people for years. At this point, people are convinced he's a one-man dev, when in reality he's a QA who tests games developed by 200+ dev teams.

sorry if this is off-topic but we are never getting another alpha protocol game

never played any of these shit games

Sawyer looks like Arcade Gannon now

Sawyer is a cuck though, why should we take his opinion seriously?

>caring about the guy whose claim to fame is the shittier versions of baldur's gate

holy shit Kojima BTFO.

Attached: 1568877505189.jpg (690x720, 77K)

He listing the various things he does on his game

That's it

I actually don't know who this guy is. He looks like that one soiboi image of the guy holding a mug.

>twitter "clowns"
>pepe
opinion discarded

i've never played a MGS game either, whats your point

Your brain barely functions if you think Death Stranding is even remotely original. It's a literal hiking simulator with a pretentious flair. How can you even breath with Kojima's sack lodged in your throat?

He takes pride in his work. For westcucks, that's a big sin.

>weebs coping with 'I-IT'S A MISTRANSLATION!'
There's quite literally no other way to interpret the purpose of that sentence.

mgs is better than any of those menu simulators

>board is so infested underage children devs like Sawyer are completely unrecognised

im done with this site

Attached: DiZkmtVXcAEt9ac.jpg (580x580, 68K)

>>somebody nobody has ever heard of
lmao nice bait

that's not all he said, and you know it. he claimed all the ideas that the devs cone up with at kojipro are his.

which performance metric do you surpass them on again?

It's disingenuous. It's like that South Park episode where Cartman is in the room when Jimmy writes a joke, and Cartman is co-credited with it. That's literally what Kojima's like, except he does it for countless things and adds it to his public resume for all to see. It's pathetic.

I don't understand, the tweet was clearly in broken english like many other tweets of his. Are twitter users mentay impaired?

Dilate.

Attached: 1561707272367.png (541x527, 361K)

no.

damage control

Oh wow a twitter drama thread how interesting

Cope

>today at work i helped mommy cook
>*adds to resume*
>i also helped daddy mow the lawn
>*adds to resume*
>i also helped mommy with writing an email
>*adds writer to resume*

how will I ever recover

Attached: screech.png (808x805, 423K)

>going against the narrative

zoom zoom

cope and seethe need to be word filtered or instaban worthy, they're the zoomer equivalent of 'u mad?'

I've never seen a single Japanese man in vidya with as big of an ego as Hideo Kojima.

65/100 on Metacritic.

Seething cope

no he claimed that the ideas he came up with are his

>all this outside help
>but most importantly
>me
>ME
>MEEEEEEEEEEEE
What a massive fag.

Coping seethe

seething fukashima fag
go back to ghostbabel

Have you Seen kamiyas twitter

makes sense considering kojima is a westaboo who wishes he could be directing movies in hollywood and has to vicariously live his dream through video games

yes he is the director

Can you describe what Kojima's morning loads taste like? I know you're so accustomed to his cum that you can tell the difference between an evening load and a morning load.

youtube.com/watch?v=SesY3qP3GBM

like mgs

Does that man solely credit himself with the games he makes?

Attached: IMG_20190923_084859.png (1080x492, 89K)

They already get their credits in the game. Everyone on Kojima's team does a really good fucking job of making the best possible game they can. I can only imagine that he's projecting some deep seated inferiority complex for having worked with Zenimax and his unstable indie crew, seeing himself as a figure of worth for companies rather than as an idolic figure of the industry. Bonus points for being yet another virtue signalling rant on Twitter. There isn't nearly enough passive-aggressive negativity on that shithole.

Kamiya and Itagaki have been bigger assholes than Kojima

U mad bro?

Attached: basedkojimbo.jpg (505x680, 95K)

What a shitty hack

Attached: yong.jpg (300x168, 14K)

Nope. Massive ego, but he doesn't pretend to be a one-man dev, nor does he take credit for things he didn't do or had minimal part in, like Kojimbo, who will get a co or main credit for something that was done by someone in a room that he happened to pass by and fart into.

>I moved my thumb a bit then my character walked forward, then there was a cutscene
FUCKING BASED KINO BASED KINO BASEKINO DAB DAB DAB

>People just now realizing how much of an ego-centric cunt Kojima is

To be fair. Not many of the game directors made themselves known as much as Kojimbo did.
And not to mention that literally nobody read a single line of the names when the credits roll.

Attached: 1569129608948.jpg (750x743, 56K)

Josh Sawyer game means being a little bitch that makes shitty games

this but unironically

Based
Cringe

Josh Sawyer has no grasp what is fun
This is easily seen in his attempts to "enhance" dnd ruleset in poe games

Barry, Death Stranding is more of a video game than FFXV where you hold O for 40 hours. Get in here.

Based cringeposter

YOU WILL BE ASHAMED OF YOUR WORDS AND DEEDS LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This but unironically ironic

cringe cingeposter

This but ironically unironic

Honestly, I would get a swelled head too if I had as many cocksuckers as him. I just have to slap my name on something and they start salivating and calling me a genius.

Kamiya made Okami which is better than everything Kojima has made.

death stranding is more of a game than ff7r? we know that, death stranding requires buttons

Attached: ff7r playing itself.webm (960x540, 2.66M)

They're just racist, go look at resetera.

Cringe copeposter

>*makes up bullshit excuse to have a naked character in your game*
>YOU WILL ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOUR WORDS AND DEEDS
What did he mean by this? I'll make a game where the main character can only eat by inserting acorns into his foreskin and absorbing the nutrients in a vacuum cleaner like fashion. Anyone who speaks out about it will be ashamed when they discover that it's required for him to survive.

>Yea Forums seething over another poorly-translated tweet

What's the last game that cuck Sawyer made?

Death Stranding requires analog movement and has a fail state. FFXV is hold O to win the game and is a gay boyband road trip and not pretentious kino.

Barry siding with DS? What a twist! KH-kun BTFO

Kojima is either reaaaaally up his own ass or he's super nervous about "his" game debut. Hidetaka Miyazaki still remains king of being humble but also being a great mind for vidya. Kojima needs to stop worshiping Hollywood, I think the whole hanging out with celebs thing has inflated his ego far too much, more so than ever before.

fallout new vegas
he moved on from video games to sleep aids with pillars of eternity

Miyazaki's name is known because his games are awesome. Kojima's name is known because he puts in big letters on all his games.

They only mentioned that it was translated. This Japanese shit is just free real estate.

Funny how none of the famous vidya directors and designers aside from Kojima ever put their name on the cover or used it for marketing. 99% of Kojima's hype was generated by this. People actually think he matters more than the devs who do the work.

The only other example I can think of is picrelated

Attached: file.png (647x752, 724K)

You can't put an objective definition on fun, you stupid fucking retard. His mod for New Vegas makes the game more fun by way of making it more challenging, which enhances other aspects of the game like cooking and crafting. You might hate it because you can't carry everything in the game in your inventory after leaving Doc Micthells house, but I understand that limiting it like he did enforces a highly specialized build. His approach makes sense, and is informed by years of development experience.

MGSV was one of the most hyped games ever so when it finally came out as a technically unfinished product people went full "what went wrong" mode and eventually came up with the idea that Kojima was a talentless hack the whole time and that he basically stole the MGS series from the people he worked with, with Fukushima being brought up as the main example - he was credited as a writer for codecs dialogues up until 3 (if I'm not mistaken) so people decided to translate that as = he wrote all the games and Kojima took the credit. tl;dr babies that forget MGS2 happened, shit's cyclical apparently

But that's the anons, Sawyer here is just smelling his own farts again instead, like when he tried to claim Steam is evil and anti-consumer because they don't sell keys for his store

He sounds based from those tweets but he's also the one who made that game about the gay fish so I'm thinking he's cringe

>even remotely original. It's a literal hiking simulator

okay what other hiking simulator is there?

yeah, thats right

ff7r requires no buttons and has no fail state? and its a gay cross dressing tranny simulator? yikes

Attached: FF7R press nothing to win.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

>People actually think he matters more than the devs who do the work.

he matters about a million times more than the devs.

vision is basically the only thing that matters in game design. without it you're just churning out more of the same

Probably.

Kojima hasn't made anything solid good since metal gear 3.

>t. soicuck

>VII-fag tries to summon Barry and use him to shit on Death Stranding
>based Barry shows up with his priorities straight and immediately shits on FFVIIRemake

>Josh Sawyer
>long established industry leader

Attached: 1569088958737.jpg (197x200, 4K)

first you need your games to be recognized by who direct them, people like david cage, yoko taro, peter molyneux or even toby fox recently

>not a single game with actual fun gameplay
Ahh, western develpers.

>open random twitter autism thread
>find barry

Attached: chew.webm (900x720, 281K)

based

>Meaning he left them like that without a director so he could sate his ego.
I mean, promoting the game is also part of his job. The situation with Hayter and Joosten is pretty shitty but I don't really see an issue with him getting a bunch of publicity for his game while his team works on whatever he told them to do while he was gone for a few days.

You know what would have made New Vegas fun?
Actual good gunplay.

What a petty little disrespectful cuck. Aside from the poor translation, Kojima has consistently proved his talent in the industry and his respect for other people’s works and praise for many other people he respects, if he had such an ego he would never praise anything other than himself. The difference here is that Sawyer is a creatively bankrupt hack that thrives when under the boot of the suits while Kojima is more intelligent and creative the more freedom he gets for his project, which for DS is absolute. DS is going to be a generation defining piece of media and there is nothing the haters can do to change it.

If that's your hot take, then I'm afraid you played the game for the wrong reason. If you want good gunplay, play Destiny 2 instead.

>as evidenced by Hayter and Joosten

as evidenced by what? Having worked with someone doesnt mean you have to work with them again. you arent in a relationship

hayter was honestly never a great VA and he was clearly losing it by MGSV, Joosten is just a face, he got a prettier version of same face that can act. Joosten can barely speak any english.

HIDEO KOJIMA presents
a HIDEO KOJIMA GAME
directed by HIDEO KOJIMA

I love Kojimbo, but yeah he is crediting himself way too much. I did that shit when i was 14 as a joke.

You forgot to put whites above niggers and lower than chinks and japs though.

No, it's just a problem I have with RPGs in general, that, because they focus on upgrading stats and dialogue choices, that they think they can afford having the clunkiest gameplay of all.
If a game feels like shit to play then it's a shit game.
Fallout 3 and NV have such terrible gameplay that they made the VATS entirely to prevent you from having to put up with it's awful gunplay.
I have no idea why this concession is done to RPGs, why having awful controls is allowed.

Hell, this happened with MGS too, MGS1, 2 and 3 have some of the worst gameplay you can find in the stealth genre, and people praise them?
Do people who play these kind of games have any actual interest in videogames?

At least Kojima has made a good game. What has Josh Sawyer done besides a mediocre Fallout spinoff overrated by contrarians?

No different than films. Name 5 top tier devs or vidya artists. You cant because your a gaymer and you never read the credits.

Reminder that DSP was 100% correct about Kojima from the start, but none of you listened. In fact, you all even tried to destroy him for it.

>talent

Hes a hack. Hasnt made a good game in a decade. Anyone with a pile of money konami gave him could do what he did. Once the belt started to tighten his games started to fall apart since he couldn't splooge the cash on trial and errors.

Ice wind dale series is great dungeon crawling. Got me into RPG's and fantasy art back in the day.

Kojima BTFO

Bro

Where are you going to hide once the game gets straight 10’s across all sites and sells 10 million copies?

Who?

Im gonna commit suicide out of embarassment, il televise it here and read my manifesto before doing it.

>Hasnt made a good game in a decade.
And here come the MGS redditors who insist movies are good games.
Yes user, one of the clunkiest stealth games ever made, full of cutscenes and dialogue lines delivered to you by the codec plot device and with the incredible innovation of a survival system consisting of endless menu crawling is a great game.

The only thing Kojima has ever released that can be called an actual videogame is MGSV.

imagine actually defending kojima after MGSV

Attached: 235023624315.jpg (720x1127, 52K)

I defend Kojima based entirely on MGSV.
Everything he made up until then were movies with some of the worst gameplay I've ever experienced.
Playing through MGS1 and 2 were a fucking torture, and I gave up on MGS3 and just skipped the cutscenes.

I'm just glad yet another movie game dev finally realizes he's working on videogames and that plot has no place in them.
Now if only David Cage had the same epiphany.

>pretty much the whole west over hypes his shit
>this board constantly cums over anything he makes
>his games always sell
>people fawn over him at every single convention
>TGA dedicate an entire night to jacking him off once

WTF HOW DID HE DID HE GET THIS EGO AND THINK HES SO GOOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If only MGSV was finished and didn't play like it was patched up when it was halfway done.

but the gameplay was wasted in a completely empty open world that makes you do missions in the same outposts over and over again.

jesus Christ what the fuck even is this post. MGS2 and 3 have great gameplay, bosses, and pacing. They're rollercoasters throughout. MGSV is just
>crouch walk around
>shoot guys with tranq weapons/cqc
>fulton out the good ones
>move on, repeat
it's the most monotonous boring shit ever, walking around a dead world clearing the same guardposts over and over.

Does Japan even care about Kojima like the west?

>we could have had a level based game with a unique ground zeroes size map for each
i'll never not be mad. what the fuck was this retard thinking?

Attached: 5c1f511ec46daf488b531db7fddf0378.png (756x825, 889K)

Halfway done?
The entire script got leaked, and the game is finished to about 98%.
All that's missing is a sideop to kill Chico in Africa, which I don't give a shit about since it was clearly plotshit, Chapter 3, which was just Paz's side op, Episode 51, which was meant to be DLC and the Battle Gear.
The only ones that could have been good were the last two, since they gave a boss fight and a new vehicle, but the game is pretty much finished.

That's a flaw with MGSV, letting you free roam in the open world.
It's obvious it was made for missions to happen in them, seeing how the missions have limited areas.
It should have been like Peace Walker, where there's a set "open" area, and missions happen in those.
Although without the terrible controls.

he fell for the open world meme

please be excited for huge fucking nothing stranding

As opposed to what?
>walk crou- Oh wait, there's no crouch in here even though it's a stealth game
>shoot guys with tranq weapons
>get codec call
>watch cutscene
>get codec call
>get another codec call
>watch cutscene
>proceed to shoot more guys with tranq weapons
>boss fight happens where the only challenge is having to put up with the atrocious gunplay and not uninstalling the game in the process trying to imagine what went through the developer's head to think this kind of gameplay was acceptable

>literal who raging mad over based Kojimbo's innocuous poorly-translated speech

He didn't have his daily virtue signalling quota in. No time to know what he is talking about.

what a fag, it's suppose to have tanky controls because otherwise it's too fucking easy, which is MGSV's biggest problem: it's goddamn easy as fuck, especially on PC with the mouse.
A Stealth game needs context and linear map designs. It needs the sneaking to have a clear purpose, it needs the areas to sneak around in to be tight and require learning patterns, it requires that you actually avoid confrontation. you can literally just walk around most of the enemies in MGSV, it's too easy to clear out guards, there's no need to learn guard patterns, everything is fucked

>if it wasn't for this specific camera crew, you couldn't have directed The Godfather! Get your head out of your ass, Coppola!

as much as i hate kojima getting over it dev has it right

Attached: n0RBk4H.png (621x432, 44K)

People who worked for Kojima often seem to think highly of him.
People who work for Obsidian have their paychecks stolen by management.

>FROM THE MIND OF HIDEO KOJIMA
>blames MGS4 on the team/studio
lmao

It's true, without a good DP, your film will look like utter shit no matter how famous of a director you are, for example. Same goes for actors, set and costume designers, etc.

Unironically this. Twitter's sole purpose is for people to show off how "good" they are. People create an account with their real name and then spew holier-than-thou, moralistic garbage they know people will agree with for points. Humanity's only hope is that these soulless fucks eventually make each other so miserable that literally every Twitter user kills themselves. At least on Yea Forums people can actually be honest, because it's anonymous.

>Nov 8th

Nice try Kojimbo but I'm seeing my waifu's new flick on that day

Attached: 1566533960111.png (793x687, 638K)

>At least on Yea Forums people can actually be honest
I mostly use Yea Forums to falseflag and pretend to be retarded though?

Getting cast by him is like getting cast by Spilberg for westcucks.

he made a shitty ttg version of fallout and popularised the "pipboy was a tablet" despite it being clearly stated as wrist mounted in the vault dweller's survival guide

Based

I'd probably claim my coworkers did all the work too if my name was attached to Pillars of Eternity 2

Jokes on you. I was merely pretending to be based.

> it's suppose to have tanky controls because otherwise it's too fucking easy
Or I can prove that MGS developers are just stupid by providing the biggest gameplay design choice in the older MGS games, which is the top static camera.
They actually thought that a game based around sneaking and not being caught by enemies should have a camera that prevents you from seeing what's 10 feet in front of you.
They fucked it up so bad that they needed to come with the Soliton radar, a borderline cheat that tells you the layout of the level, where enemies are and even their cone of vision because with the fucking camera system you can't see shit.

>you can literally just walk around most of the enemies in MGSV, it's too easy to clear out guards, there's no need to learn guard patterns, everything is fucked
And that's due to the limitations MGSV suffered for being an MGS game.
If it hadn't, they could have skipped the pointless plot and just focus on the gameplay, make it closer to a military simulator with a focus on stealth.
Instead it's just the same simplistic stealth game MGS has always been, but at least it doesn't control like absolute garbage and it doesn't make me feel like i'm playing a game with the production values of a Skyrim mod.

Overall, very happy MGS died and I hope this franchise is forgotten and memory holed.
It's obsession with storytelling and terrible gameplay is a horrible lesson to videogame development.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Based

He was the director of Van Buren and New Vegas.

OH FUCK

At least you know what you're doing, though. They actually think they're making the world a better place by publicly patting themselves on the back.

>when you are so terrible at developing games that you can only make it challenging by making it clunky as fuck
How MGS didn't die with the first one will always be beyond me.

>he directed a game that didn't come out
nice resume

Probably. But I cant say I give a fuck.

So did Kojima.

is this socialist faggot irrelevant yet?

>hayter and joosten
I think you misunderstand. Most people agree with you what you say about them - shit VAs, no obligation to work with them forever (although Kojima hired Hayter based on his improvised voice) - but that's no the issue.
The issue is that he neglected to show what is generally considered to be "professional courtesy".
>Hayter learned of a new MGS game through a friend.
>he asks what's going on, asks if he wants to re-audition (which he'd been doing since MGS3), told he'll be in touch
>when he follows up, casting has already been done without telling him - despite playing the the character for close to 20 years
>Joosten was told early on she'd likely have a part in DS
>gets invited to stuff about it
>what happens after is similar to Hayter
I feel more for Hayter, since he'd played the character for ages. While Konima did nothing illegal, it's generally considered poor form to not let people know they won't have parts in a project, especially when they were very prominent in past ones.

OUCH

Yeah you are the irony user

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Kojima is an absolute hack faggot and im glad people are starting to question the colossal dick sucking he receives but Sawyer is a cuck too. Sawyer worked on ONE good game 10 years ago and everything hes worked on since has been shit.

>Soiyer: 0 GOTY
>Kosjima: multiple GOTY

yawn

Which one?

I agree with this nigger. Kojima did nothing wrong.

>Chapter 3, which was just Paz's side op
Is there any proof that the Paz side-op was related to Chapter 3?

Attached: file.png (1450x649, 30K)

MGSV

>Kojima Kaminandesu: Multiple shitty games
>Sawyer: Not a single bad game

Paz's side op WAS Chapter 3, that's why it was called Peace.
It's in the MGSV leaked script, which you can find easily on that "neverbegameover" subreddit.
In it it's explained how the whole point was that Venom would recover his memories about what happened in GZ through Paz, and when you got to the end, you'd trigger Episode 46.
The game would end with this scene at 1:20
youtube.com/watch?v=a3RsZuXwGUQ

In fact, there's remains of it in that you need to build up Motherbase in order to trigger Episode 46.
This is because, if you don't build it up, you don't get to Paz, who is in the medical platform.

Unlike Kojima, he at least had a good game made.

Remember when upvoting and downvoting on Yea Forums was this abstract fear of the future? Now anons are literally upvoting with "based", and downvoting with "cringe". It's our reality.

wow we really live in a society

You're missing the part where Joosten was too busy for a while so she missed the window of opportunity. Kojima did want to work with her again, the dates just didn't line up.

Nips are polite on the surface, but if you're considered an issue to work with, i.e., you won't drop everything you're doing to come work on MY project, you're discarded in a millisecond.

It may be hard for EOPs to understand, but Kojima really doesn't give much of a shit about the English dub stuff. The idea of Akio not playing Snake in Japan is unthinkable, but Hayter was already passed up for Solidus because he has no range. You don't owe professional courtesy to leeches, and because Hayter is a union cuck, MGSV would've required an insane paycheck.

They're just proving the point Kojima's trying to make with the game. People are obsessed with being assholes on the internet, making endless snarky comments and shitting on anyone and everything while hiding behind their twitter accounts. Nobody says anything positive unless they stand to gain some social media points from it
He's been working with many of the same people for over 20 years, pretty sure he must show them plenty of appreciation in real life to keep them around for so long.

Based.

kojima is indeed producer, director, story writer, game designer and lead marketing guy of his games in one person.

pretty much all game directors are just simply directors, they just supervise the people who actually design the game, write the story, etc. but they don't actually do it themselves

he really shouldn't pretend that he does the same amount of work on his games and has the same amount of influence on them as kojima does.

who?

>Josh Sawyer, a chad that risks it all by taking on CRPG and coming out on top
>Hideo & Kojima, two retard idea men carried by others while they make cinematic movies for normies to be amazed at.
noooooo thank you. hell, he can't even get good celebs in his games. sad!

Attached: Mia_Farrow_1965_press_photo.jpg (1023x1070, 107K)

They're all probably really thankful towards him. Imagine being carried along for a game where you can implement fun stuff like staring at a dude's crotch resulting in the camera being punched, instead of the latest Angry Birds clone or shovelware where all you can do is stick to the rigid script and maybe hide an easter egg if you're lucky.

You don't hear visual effects artists in movies bitching and moaning that their movie is being credited to "just" the director. The only people who might have some claim to fame are voice actors, but even then, they're all totally replaceable and nobody would even notice if you swapped 99% of them around.

Ahhhh, posers. When will you learn to just go neck yourselves.

>josh sawyer
>pillars of eternity
>outer worlds
fucking cringe, I hate kojima as much as the next user, but this SJW faggot is picking a pointless hill to die on

Just because Japanese culture allows for you to be an asshole, doesn't mean its okay.
>Kojima really doesn't give much of a shit about the English dub stuff.
Really? Then why swap Hayter if he thinks it's inconsequential? Why hire Kiefer Sutherland, a Hollywood actor who would eat up a huge chunk of your budget, if he didn't give a shit?
>Hayter has no range
That's probably true, but they don't let a VA go into the booth and do as they please. Generally, a good director can get a decent performance out of anybody.
>don't owe professional courtesy to leeches
How are they leeches? Hayter was prepared to audition again, as he had since MGS3.

>They're probably really thankful being underpaid & forced to do shit only cringe Yea Forums basement dwellers find funny like staring at a dudes dick
>They're also thankful they're not being paid crazy successful mobile development money

Yep and that's a bummer. That game wasn't the best but damn if I didn't enjoy it.

>Really? Then why swap Hayter if he thinks it's inconsequential?
Because he thought the name of Kiefer Sutherland would bring more attention to it.

>a Hollywood actor who would eat up a huge chunk of your budget
How much, exactly?
How do you know that he didn't cost as much as Hayter after union shit is accounted for?

>Kojima's games are shit so this excuses all the trash he made after Icewind Dale 2
Go away Josh.

Oh wow, Josh Sawyer. The guy everyone tolerates so they can read the things Chris Avellone wrote.

>nobody would even notice if you swapped 99% of them around
I kinda disagree with that because I'm subscribed to the "the VA gives life to the character" meme. Though if its a good performance instead of a bad/mediocre one I agree with it, but in certain cases it makes the character feel a bit weird/non-familiar. In the end it can be fixed based on performance and script but I still feel VAs aren't that replaceable

The Chad Japanese video games director
vs
The Virgin Western video games project lead

Compare that to Based Itagaki, who flew out to E3 during the middle of Devil’s Third notoriously troubled development... and flew right back after his scheduled appearance because a problem had come up while he was away.

You should have bought Devil’s Third, not gotten hyped up about Death’s Stranding.

Are you really naive enough to believe that code monkeys get any of the profits from successful mobile games?

I had no idea Josh was such an ego tripping maniac.

Also a Josh Sawyer game means a balanced, no-fun allowed approach with glaring technical issues.

You're speaking to a primary source

Attached: 1565894157171.jpg (462x560, 51K)

>People unironically think Sawyer has opinions worth listening to
>Especially after he approved gay fish for POE2 and made it a flop

Sawyer couldn't keep a company afloat and is now a bitch boy for Microsoft.

Attached: gay fish poe.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

Sawyer is obvious jealous of Kojima. Hence why he took a single mistranslated tweet to start spewing his moral authority.

>would bring more attention to it
But waits until V when Konami's at their wits-end with him. You also neglect him trying to get in some Hollywood talent since 3. He cares about casting, even though people who play the game were happy with things as-is.
>How much, exactly?
You live in a fantasy if you think Hayter, a screenwriter that does VAs on the side, would cost more than Kiefer Sutherland a Hollywood actor
Both are SAG members, so at best they both get the same Union rate.

Meanwhile based Larian remains professional online.

>Both are SAG members, so at best they both get the same Union rate.
The thing about those is that they charge exorbitant rates for coming back for sequels, and Hayter had been already in a ton of MGS games.

99% of code monkeys working on mobile shit make garbage money because their companies never take off. Sure, if you happen to be grandfathered in at a place making one of the big billion dollar games, you're laughing, but that's pretty fucking rare.

The reality is that most people working in creative fields would be happier earning shit money if they're putting out something that isn't totally soulless.

he's the guy who made the gay fish narrative in POE?

CREDITS: HIDEO JOKIMA, JIMKO HIDEOMA, MAKO HIDEJIM, OJO KIMA
tinyasstext;everybodyelse

>Then why swap Hayter if he thinks it's inconsequential?
Because the dude costs a shitload of money, and at that price point, Kiefer is cheaper and brings him closer to the movie producer he wants to be.

>Generally, a good director can get a decent performance out of anybody.
Hayter can't do the voice anymore. Sure, there are examples of terrible actors like, Keanu, who are objectively awful but they can do alright with roles in which they play certain types of character, but that doesn't mean you could put him in anything and get a decent performance. The role has to be tailored to the actor's strengths.

Kojima is a hack and egoistical. But when you have virtue signalling retard like that guy it's much worse

The Death Stranding trailers alone is constantly creating other people for their work. Absolutely pathetic hit piece out of a mistranslated tweet.

Who the hell is Josh Sawyer

You're talking about changing voices of existing characters, I'm talking about voices in general. Say that a role was written for Matt Mercer or something, but then when it came time to record, he was unavailable, so they hired someone else with a similar voice.

I guarantee that there wouldn't be a single person out there going "man, I wish Matt was in this game". Because people don't give a fuck about voice actors. While real actors can act as box office draw, which is why you see shit like Bethesda hiring Patrick Stewart and CDPR hiring Keanu, voice actors have little to no impact on a work, unless you're changing them midway. And even then, you don't lose any sales from it. You just get a bit of whining online.

real life

Attached: realism in art.jpg (936x1436, 331K)

>some literal who russian nobody

>a self-inserting has-been retard talks shit about a genuinely nice, hard-working developer

That's Hitchcock, you zoomer.

No it isn't you blind fucking zoomber.

I really can't think of any major differences between Kojima and George Lucas outside of the fact Lucas actually cared about his movies.

>he doesn't recognize Tarkovsky
user...

so everyone's mad at a poorly translated tweet now?

SAG rates vary depending on an endless amount of factors. Shit from dressing room availability to length of breaks. They're also dependant on whatever they get paid in the first place. Supposebly Sutherland is on $162 an hour on average.

>Kiefer costs less
Won't belive this until I see it.
>Hayter can't do the voice
Not true but whatever helps.

None of this counters my first point anyway, that Kojima was an asshole that couldn't even ask someone to call to let them know they won't be asked to auditions or be involved.

Get a good contract, I don't work in games but even as a code monkey I get comission from projects.

I miss when all we did say was «u mad?»

It's neither Hitchcock nor Tarkovsky.

because it's Kubrick

No it's Tarantino you fool.

It's Francis Manapole you pleb.

literally who

Who is josh sawyer

its spike lee

K.W.O.

Makes sense coming from Josh Sawyer, whose games are usually good in spite of him rather than because of him.

It IS a translation thing, though. That kojima's tweet doesn't even sound like an asshole in Japanese.

Some people are saying this is an wrong translation but they are also somehow wrong because there's no such thing as “correct translation” in English-Japanese translations. It's one of reasons why most Japs prefer to stuck in its island forever, and this is what happens when a guy like kojima tries to communicate with people outside of its island without proper English skills.

>new type of game with new gameplay
>walking simulator
>new type of game
L M A O

>b-b-but he was so mean
Oh boy, ti's this Joostenfag again.

>Josh Sawyer does NOT look like the NPC he looks like! Stop insulting my Sawyerfu

Except user is right, and once you see it, you can't unsee it.

As a Japanese I think kojima is surely a kind of self absorbed person and deserves some of these innuendos and criticisms that these "nobody" western game creators are making, but at the same time, I am wondering why he tends to be an easy target by these white people, including self pro-claimed "liberal".

Surely sometimes kojimbos does a big mouth and awkward statements that are partly due to bad translatations though, but there are more a lot people in the west who are self abosorbed as much as kojima, but for some reason Kojima just stands out and easily targeted.

I think no one will admit though, ita partly because of american nationalism, and some racism toward Japanese. After all, he can't speak english well, so can't refute these online criticisms in english as well, in the first place, he will not be noticing these, and the critics also know it well. Remember when Myiamoto said Nintendo could make HALO if they need, what reactions came out from the western side.

No matter how much of a piece of shit Kojima is, you and your people still have a much higher suicide per capita than him.

Attached: 1552846137010.jpg (540x564, 98K)

It's just virtue signalling, pay it no mind. Every single diseased checkmark on twitter basically spends their day trying to one-up everyone else, and show off how selfless they are by standing up for the downtrodden minorities they claim to support. Not through actions, of course. Sawyer isn't flying over and offering better paid jobs to the poor, disenfranchised nips working at KojiPro.

But through pure 上から目線.

I too am Japanese. I have been Japanese since I moved here in 2012. How long have you been Japanese?

>everyone agrees MGSV, MGS IV, Peace Walker were all mediocre games and largely wasted potential
>OMFG BASED KOJIMA DEATH STRANDING 10/10 !!!!!! FUCK KONAMI AMRITE??!!!

Attached: 1566352080450.jpg (800x800, 288K)

>everyone who criticizes my hack director is racist!
LMAO shut up you snowflake. Western directors like David Cage or Phil Fish are even more of a "target" of criticism by "these white people" and I don't see any faggot crying about it.

Not him but you are trying too hard. Nobody cares about your shit taste and retardation.

Oh no, I understand that you MGSfags just want movies and that you hate videogames.

Since I was born, mate. Aren't you "racially" Japanese, huh? Then maybe we will never accept you :/

>Aren't you "racially" Japanese, huh?
Nah, I was racially Arab before moving to Japan and becoming racially Japanese.

The Trail from Peter Molyneux?

It's basically his most obscure game, but that's pretty much because you literally just hike around watching the scenery and there is nothing to do except maybe click some flowers to collect them, either way, no one really left wanting a deeper hiking simulator.

no phil fish literally is fuckbuddies with them

based kojimbo making bitches so assblasted

More like Hayterfag.
Guy was an asshole, clearly displayed through his delusional tweets and treatment of people he'd worksd with for years, and his Kojimadrones have nothing to give but a le epic greentext.

not a single one of these games is good

Icewind Dale 1 was excellent, FNV was good.

>A nobody works harder than a genius

Many such cases

i'm glad I got banned from twitter and decided not to make another account. Everyone's just a cunt.

Nobody said that. Nice strawmaning. I was skipping all of cutscenes in the original mgs and had a blast replaying it as a 9 year old. I still replay originals every few years and still finding out new quirks and gameplay touches.Controls are great and easy and games are designed tightly and polished to the perfection so even kids can comprehend and have fun. Kill yourself.

Hayter and Joosten were just fucking untalented actors.

Oh no some who's on Twitter said a thing, Kojimbo is well and truly done for

I pity you if you unironically find a gameplay that not even it's team felt like it was worth keeping around good.
I assume you also loved Fallout 3's gunplay?

>please don't be mean to my countryman!
>you don't like him because you're all racists!
>western devs are just as bad!
What an embarrassing post. Firstly, you even say Kojima is deserving of the critisism, so not sure how the racist angle comes onto play if its true.
Secondly, no western dev gets the protection Kojima gets. Phil Fish made a hugely successful game and was rejected so badly he left the industry. Other notable devs like Ken Levine and Todd Howard are the punchlines of jokes and have nowhere near the kind of delusional cult-following Kojima gets.
>he can't defend himself!
Why does that matter? If I tweeted Todd Howard right now calling him a sellout hack who can't make games, I wouldn't get a reply either.
Why can't people seperate the product from the creator? Anybody calling Kojima out as being the asshole he is get swarmed by Kojimaboos who take it personally.

Why suck this guy off, he can obviously do it himself

Attached: 1553707113434.png (500x528, 89K)

Oh look it's this shit again.
>I would like to offer my deepest thoughts and my sincerest condolences for the many victims and many who lost their lives in the March 11(Fri), 2011 earthquake that struck the Pacific coast of Japan.
>Our job is providing everyone with cheer and bringing encouragement to people around the world through the medium of entertainment and that is exactly the type of support that we can provide.
>We are indeed facing an unprecedented situation that we have not experienced before. However, we should not abandon hope but look forward to the future and unite to restore Japan for the sake of the next generation.
>May smiles return once again to the region struck by the disaster, to Japan, to our future, and to ourselves as well.
>Lastly, I would like to share a line from Snake from MGS1.
>Snake: 「Yeah. Spring brings new life to everything. It's a time for hope. 」
>Hideo Kojima

This is so dumb, you're comparing a business Twitter to Kojima's personal Twitter.

How so?

When shitters decide to hate something there's no point trying to reason.

What a rockstar

This is how you get laid kids write this down

>"There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person" says Warren Spector,creator of Thief and Deus Ex

Attached: 1561726246122.jpg (1200x675, 62K)

Sounds like a PR company wrote that and kojimbo stuck his name on it just like he does with everything. Imagine being so up your own ass you invent a new 'genre' thats 2deep4urself. Like I said, get off his dick he sucks it himself

Attached: 1552819116676.png (936x1768, 746K)

Funny, because then Yea Forums goes on to praise MGS2 for being 2deep4u even though Kojima shat on it.

>t. not a genius

In this case, it's Hackjima himself responsible for that not the press.

so literally who? post his games so that people can make an opinion for themselves.

I don't think Kojima is aggressively shilling his name, but given that most asian actors/creators/etc are just known as that "asian guy" by the wider global audience, he probably wants to make sure that people know who is behind the project at the very least, since y'know his name pales in comparison with all the actors that are the headline of this game, and most normies wouldn't even know who he is in the first place.

Imagine being this delusional because you're angry about some nip making a game you don't like.

>implying there are actual nips on that shit site
lmao

>wrpgs
So nothing good.

well yea? without hin, nobody would care

>surprised that the western development community, who spends more time shitting on people than finishing games, is angry about someone that isn't in their twitter clique

Kojima is too 'problematic' in 2019 #CancelKojima

>u-u mad
tranny 2077 threads are equally fun to shitpost in. Only kojima games I have ever played is snake eater on 3ds, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, it really doesn't seem to be written by someone with a high IQ but if it impresses you then thats okay, I personally don't eat crayons, I am sure death stranding will really impress you

Attached: 1564021440902.png (524x500, 491K)

I'm sure your mother's very proud of you and your ebin shitposting.

Revengeance was written by Platinum Games, not Kojima.
it's also better written that all his games combined

Sawyer is an autist but that tweet literally btfos Kojima
It would just have 100x the impact coming from someone like Hideki Kamiya or Mikami, so of course Yea Forums will come to daddy Kojima's defense

>Joosten was too busy
Doing what?

Holy shit this guy is a lunatic. You don't insult the king like that. Kojima World Order will fuck his shit up. Didn't they learn anything from looking at DSPs life?

>Icewind Dale
Pretty bas--
>Pillars of Eternity
Gay fish faggot.

Attached: 1568969307356.png (420x420, 267K)

See, this is true for 99% of games. For people like Spectar, Kamiya, Nomura, Avellone, Takahashi, Mikami, Tim Cain and so on the media definitely overinflates their involvement and belittles the rest of their studio.

For Kojima he does that himself in his own games. He revels in being seen as some god. Fucking has Kaz call him a god in Peace Walker too. He's a narcissistic hack that hasn't made nor written anything good since MGS3, and the level towards which he was involved in the good writing is questionable there.

Difference is that Kamiya and Mikami are Japanese and know what Kojima was saying instead of Sawyer looking for twitter cred like always. You don't get the irony of how he's using other people to elevate himself above someone else for recognition points?

Ahem
Bisexual fish

I'm not surprised the people who shit on DS are the same who are shitting on CP2077.
It'll be fun when both sell well and get scores upwards of 9.

as opposed to the pride yours feels over you sucking off a jap video game developer, sure showed me
Sure about that? pic related, says kojima was responsible for plot

Attached: 1553630040330.png (1496x1450, 1.08M)

Absolutely seething.

No, the difference is that in general Japanese developers rarely shit on other developers unless they have beef, because the last thing they want is a Twitter war between devs.
Kamiya has only ever shit on Inafune due to how he treated clover back at Capcom for example.

Why would Kamiya or Mikami talk shit about their friend? They're all jap directors who work in the same way.
Only some irrelevant western cuck would ever say this kind of bullshit.

Attached: 1543338891053.jpg (724x1024, 184K)

DSP defeated them, bucko.

No it wasn't, it was written by Etsu Tamari, the guy who co-wrote Peace Walker.

As a former fan of MGS, Kojima's massive ego should be no surprise to anyone who paid attention to the games
He self-inserts into everything
He was literally credited as 'God" in MGS3
Made himself a character in MGS5 and had a dedicated side mission
Makes sure to slap his name on his products every chance he gets

He thinks of himself as a celebrity superstar
I honestly can't think of another creator with this big of an ego and lack of self awareness in any media. When writer create self-inserts they're at least subtle about it most of the time

you aint nothin without chris avellone sawyer

And yet neither will scratch this CHAD developer's 97

Attached: Hidemaro_Fujibayashi.jpg (1019x1080, 118K)

Based Sawyer. Fuck Kojimbo and his cocksuckers.

Attached: 1349398772656.jpg (635x355, 44K)

A JOSH SAWYER game is a game gone through perfect rebalances and rebalacing tests over and over and over again until PERFECT BALANCE is achieved.

I see, but still Kojima didn't write it after all.

So he produces trash?

A bit concerning that people on a video games board of all places are dismissing a respectable game dev just because of some twitter posts of all things. It's amazing how a non-consequential screencap can stir people to such childishness. It's the kind of thing where the person who made the tweet forgets about it after a week but bottomfeeders on websites like this are still bickering about it years later. Think of how many game studios and game devs have moved on but are treated here the same as they were decades ago? This place is like a stagnant pool.

>galaxy brain
>mouth agapejak.jpg
literally every person I saw freak out about this is someone who thinks they are all that and felt personally attacked

You literally can't accept that Kojima said something nice once because it goes against your delusional belief that he's an irredeemably evil asshole. That's some extreme butthurt.

>generic wrpgs
of course they're not josh sawyer games they're bland as shit

Kojima never intended to work on MGR, that was the entire point of the game.
Metal Gear Solid Rising was supposed to be the first game Kojipro made without Kojima, he wanted them to continue the franchise without him.
They fucked it up, didn't know what to do, and gave whatever was done to Platinum to make a game out of it, and MGR came out of it.

This
It speaks volumes when you have a director cameo like wonder director in wonderful 101 where the team snuck it in as both a love letter to Kamiya as well as a way of teasing him (idle animation is him on his phone tweeting)
And you have a 'cameo' where the director self inserts himself to stroke his ego such as whenever Kojima makes a game.

half the guy's catalogue is glorified expansion packs for the games of other developers, and the other half are remakes of those expansion packs

i say that as someone who liked pillars

Now you’re baiting. You can question the pillars games if you want, but the classics including New Vegas are widely considered as very good games.

>of an ego and lack of self awareness in any media.
Tarantino

You'll notice that his games became absolute dogshit when he was promoted from just being a designer with people to control him. CURIOUS THAT :^)
a "josh sawyer game" isn't a josh sawyer game, he's literally one of the cogs in a machine he talks about, he's nothing special and doesn't come up with any out there shit or make big waves.
Even if you put him back into a designer role right now with people controlling him, he'd be incapable of doing the job the same way he did in 2002, he's a lost cause

Thats not vicarious at all

>nu-Yea Forums doesn’t recognize balance meme man

I know him as gay fish man.

Thats awesome, knowing that every game that sells well and is praised by games journalists is excellent. This way you don't have to think for yourself at all. The new Pokemon game will sell millions and have cocksuckers everywhere, I bet that makes it kino. Gatcha games and fortnite are insanely popular too, real quality there. You are dumber than the dumbest nigger
Him writing that does not diminish his ego nor change the chance that someone with such an ego could conceivably go to a PR company to do such things. Try be less delusional before projecting. His actions and work speaks for itself, neither is so stellar it deserves sycophants like you

Attached: 1549785633693.jpg (1322x1096, 85K)

Yeah forgot about him
They're on the same level pretty much

Same could be said about Kojima. All his best works were when he was held back by others like Fukushima, and once he took over the role of main writer and scenario / setting leads his games fell down a hill

I don't play videogames anymore, I just like seeing Yea Forums mad.

i will say that new vegas is good but overrated and also not that much of a step up from fallout 3

icewind dale is not even worthy of using the same engine as bg2 and the only other game he made is aplha fucking protocol

no one on Yea Forums plays video games anymore
they just seethe

Lol, I guarantee you would call it badly written if it was by Kojima.

>gets BTFO by Deus Ex in writing
>gets BTFO by Thief in stealth
>gets BTFO by Splinter Cell to tactical espionage action(stealth)
So what game will BTFO Hackjima next?

Attached: nuclear pomf.png (10000x8250, 1.29M)

I don't get why game projects heavily tied to their creative directors can't just be like "hey here's a game maybe you'll like it maybe you won't taste is subjective"
everyone's gotta act like it's gonna be the greatest thing ever
like bitch, we already know what you're about, you don't need to keep telling us, anyone who doesn't already know won't get it

Well he’s competing with walking simulators now

The West as a whole is a stagnant pool

He cameos in everything since MGS2 as far as I can remember
He's got a dogtag you can only get in the hardest difficulty in MGS2
He's a recruit in TPP, PW, GZ/MGS5
The God thing was in MGS4 and PW
He's also in one of the Death Stranding trailers

I'm sure he's got self-inserts in all his games

Attached: 211350.jpg (888x244, 58K)

Hi Stef

pomf

Well, that's a genre no sane game designer will touch.
So I guess, Hackjima will have no competition then.

>mfw Gone Home was the better game all along

Attached: 1343779454770.jpg (443x466, 74K)

None of those games are good though.

do you understand how advertising works

>with this big of an ego and lack of self awareness in any media
Elon Musk?

Yours are worse Hackjima.

Where was he in 3?

How did PoE2 end up turning out?

so what if Kojimbo has a huge ego? does it harm anyone exactly?
i mean almost everyone knows about it at this point. the fuck is josh's problem anyway, he finna boycott death stranding or someshit? he sounds salty af over nothing

Blame video gamers for being dumb enough to lap his shit up

It’s good but has a pacing problem and some characters are retarded

>he finna boycott death stranding or someshit? he sounds salty af
fuck off nigger

It's fucking great, politics, anime, games, you name it. Cope, seethe, dilate, these are the times of our lives. It's going to suck when the chinks implement social scores globally and shitposting will be halted, at least epic will give out free games till then

Attached: 1552084699104.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

awful, made him soft retire from directing video games

People just need something to be outraged over to fill the void of meaning in their lives. The last target was Cyberpunk.

Even worse than the first game which also was shit.

Not really, Revengeance is edgy kino

Attached: 235460_screenshots_20160430024538_1.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

nah imma fuck yo momma instead wh*te boi LMAO

This is the sort of guy who kicks you out of a DnD group for being transphobic

Actually lmaoing

He soft retired because it was taking a toll on him

No, I don't particularly like virtue signalling because I think it's very disingenuous from what you're really attempting to do. Everyone already knows it's the product of hundreds of thousands of people. Kojima is still responsible as director for the quality of his product, and he's known to work very in-depth with his team. to accomplish this.

Cope

>japanese dev acts like a fucking faggot
>Yea Forums slurps it up as usual

and it was taking a toll on him because the game was a massive failure
how dumb are you that you can't read between the lines

>Hideo "there's a bomb in the vagina!" Kojima
>vs
>Josh "Hello, nice to meet you. Did you know I am trans?" Sawyer
WHO WILL WIN

>wojack is NPC

Damn dude you're even mixing up your memes now.

How is Sawyer not the egotistical one here for taking advantage of a mistranslation as an opportunity to proclaim how selfless he is?

>because the game was a failure
>even before it was released

>i-i-it was a transcription error! Kojima is not selfish!

So next time translate better.

Maybe I'm out of touch and these butthurt devs are in the right, but to me this is exactly the kind of behavior the term virtue signalling was invented.
Everybody knows Kojima doesn't do all those things by himself.
Nobody bats an eye when TLOU is described as Druckmann's game or when David Cage is referred to as a vidya director.
When Sawyer released his autismal mod for New Vegas he named it the Josh Sawyer mod. IIRC he named his p&p RPG "J.E. Sawyer's Fallout RPG" even though he didn't invent the system all by himself, he just worked on the GURPS clone that was to be the cRPG's ruleset and converted it back to pen & paper.

I cant think of a cameo in MGS3 oddly enough
Guess the other writers and Konami must've kept his shit in check

Based
Not bad

Your point?

Attached: 1569206537240.jpg (1333x1002, 762K)

you have to admit kojima is touching himself too hard altely

>game that isn't even out
>most footage for the game is 90% walking from A to B with nothing happening
>10% of combat shown just looks like a worse mgs5
>user hasn't even played it and is already claiming it's goty
>Making it so instead of leaving messages like Dark Souls it's you leave pointless structures around the map is a new genre of vidya
Why would anyone take you seriously?

who tf shills konami? almost everyone here hates them and at least 50% of that hate is because of kojima directly

>balance is important in a single player game!

>altely
kek

asshole =/= ego
Itagaki stopped gamedev after Devil's Third, and Kamiya often says he's not a good director.

There's really nothing to misconstrue in that tweet, Kojima is a known egotist

OOGA BOOGA ME CAN NO THINK FOR SELF, ME ANGRY

it sucks. his stealth tweaks work even if it's largely redundant, but pretty much everything else about the game is worse even than PoE

its the same thing

Kojima never acknowledging his staff was always going to bite him in the ass someday.

I agree with this but fuck Kojima as well. Sawyer is a faggot and hasn't made anything remotely good since NV but Kojima is still a hack.

What kind of retard credits GURPS when releasing GURPS modules?

He's touching himself just right, you philistine.

Either way it's not a bad thing. He's just saying he does more than suggest ideas.

Jesus, why do they have to be so anal about it?

>OS game are huge successes because of the all imbalanced shit and the player freedom to do anything
>POEturds are massive flops which are balanced with no fun builds allowed
Hope the Sawyercuck learned his lesson.

>some dickrider trying to save Kojima's face

He's probably lying. It's a well known fact that he's just an ideas man.

thats because sawyer was the sole author of those things

Yes, he is immensely popular and all his games had mainstream success.

I’ll take the official translation over some butthurt fan’s, thank you

>please buy our pillars of eternity setting and make games on it

>Kojima kills the Metal Gear series completely with some of the most disappointing games of all time, maybe ever
>still has enough sycophant cocksuckers on here to warrant multiple threads
games are fucking dead and Yea Forums has turned to shit

Attached: 9182739187391823.gif (84x84, 190K)

You mean the ones who follow him after konami?

user he was obsessed enough with balance he made a fucking mod for New Vegas to try and balance it further, that did shit like drop the level cap to 35 and added "expired" stimpacks that healed less and were more common.

Now all I can think about is an Alpha Protocol game in the Fox Engine

So you're going to cry and bitch and moan every time someone makes a typo now because 'it's official'?

Sorry sweaty, but Kojima has never made a bad game. go cope :^)

>Kojima is never wrong, and if you call him selfish then YOU are the selfish one!

>games are fucking dead
Unlike Sawyer games I assume.

>literal paragraph
>a typo

Literally who?

Where the fuck do you see any 'cocksuckers'?

>typo

Attached: E23EF994-E45E-441D-AB91-B972C10A01F5.jpg (265x470, 11K)

Kind of like how none of Kojima's games are either

This! If only I could be the one touching him bros...

You cannot be this retarded

>he was obsessed enough with balance
Except when is tranny related issue which is always a first class priority in his book. After all, he removed the tranny joke? from one of the backers in the PoE before any bug fixing or actually work in the just released game.

It is off topic since that was Avellones thing more then Sawyers but fuck you for reminding me.

This but unironically

Sorry if I wasn't being clear, I didn't expect him to credit GURPS, but going by his logic he should've called the p&p game an "An Interplay Fallout RPG".

>Tim Cain and Brian Fargo want to use GURPS for Fallout
>GURPS owner says he's uncomfortable with how violent the game is so he doesn't give them the licence
>Cain and Fargo create their own system for the video game that's rather similar to GURPS
>Sawyer takes that system and converts it back to p&p format
>names it "Josh Sawyer donut steel: the RPG"

Why do people even try to take the "no it's a mistranslation Kojima isn't a narcissist!" route after all these years?
He's a narcissist, get over it

>he removed the tranny joke from one of the backers in the PoE
And that made such a huge difference because the backer characters/inscriptions were such high quality shit and important to the game, right?

>zoomie kojimbo drones in this thread getting mad about this image
Granted both Pillars games are trash, but it's still a better track record then Kojima.

Cause in this case it literally is a mistranslation

Because it is a mistranslation? Are you retarded?

God bless Sawyer, the god.

Attached: Here is your new patch!.jpg (1124x447, 49K)

In both cases he's self fellating himself and trying to make his involvement seem more important than other directors, which just isn't the case.

Are you?

I think we're better off without current year Obsidian violating that IP.

I guess 'zoomies' just don't like shit games

Films have directed by titles in them so why not games why is this guy upset? In companies the company is run by one guy if it fails its his fault so what's the big deal is wall mart gonna be linked to the other staff that help out?

Build RUINED thanks sawyer

How? He just says 'involved in'

Don't worry about it... I'm sure someone is gonna 'buy' your universe to make games.

I don't think you understand how authorship works

hackjima btfo

>Films have directed by titles in them so why not games
Because games are not movies?

Using someone else as a way to boost your own fucking image will never not be pathetic. It doesn't matter who you are or who you are attacking.

ironically, he's elevating himself to the same position as kojima wiht this.

Bug-free titles.

Attached: 1346177241995.jpg (634x423, 28K)

Film directors are notably narcissistic, but even then they almost always acknowledge their studios when accepting awards, and bring attention to the others involved in the project.
Kojima does not. I imagine one of the reasons we've both never gotten an MGS movie and why Kojima has never gotten a break in Hollywood is because the doesn't want to be following anyone else, so they told him to fuck off until he gains some humility

based

>Puts his name in his game a thousand times
>Calls himself god
>Forces in self cameos in the last 3 fucking games he's made, almost definitely in death stranding as well

Josh Sawyer is an anagram for jews.

>jew faggot pushing unions

It's all so tiresome...

>Works tirelessly at the age of 50, getting only 4 hours of sleep a day, strains his relationship with his family, misses E3 to work, just to produce a video game when he could've made more money through any other avenue
>Make two small mistranslations because your English isn't perfect and the entire Twitter mob turns on you

oh no no NO NO NO NO

Attached: 813D46EE-4A63-419B-BC7D-2260DDC2546A.jpg (210x330, 10K)

I think what kojima is doing with his name is one of the best thing he does for the industry. People should know the name of the creators, and at the top is the director. Same with movie. And it worked out great for him since he found a job immediately after konami. If he wasnt so strongly associated with MGS, he would have disappeared and his ip would have become uneecognizable. As it is right now, Konami barely uses the ip most likely from fear of a backlash in case the game doesn't satisfy the expectations. Look at bioware, EA nougjt it and their games got progressively worse and worse because what matters isn't the name bioware, it's the team that developed their classic games. You can't expect some random fan to know the name of every single person involved with the development, but they can remember the director, and it's up to the director to gather around him the workers he knows can deliver as he worked with them on previous projects

>Works tirelessly at the age of 50, getting only 4 hours of sleep a day
>While traveling around the world, hanging out with a bunch of famous people, meeting new places, all for “work”

It's called humor. If he proclaimed on Twitter that he's a God then it would be different.

>Works tirelessly

Attached: 63f.jpg (2592x2696, 906K)

It’s a real shame that Devil’s Third was so bad. I wanted to like it.

He travels to game studios around the world for research, yes

>People should know the name of the creators
But they do. Everyone knows Sawyer from the Pillars games, Swen from the Divinity games, Sakurai, Todd Howard and whatnot.

>good directors
Work hard on their games, spend 60+ hour work weeks as a sacrifice to keep the project going
Don't force in self cameos, if a cameo is present it's not because they wanted it, but because their team felt they deserved it
Act kindly to their team, though strict when needed
Share their vision with their team
Take suggestions
Acknowledge their team
Thank those who purchase their game and everyone who helped make it a reality

>Bad director
Vacation for the majority of the year while taking pictures of hamburgers on company time and expense budget
Work 20 hour weeks
Force in self cameos
Force their name on the box and several times in the game to acknowledge themselves
Make their team pick up the work, only ever acknowledge them in credits because of the legal and public relations nightmare of what would happen otherwise
Keep their vision to themselves, just tell their team what to put in / do, creating a blend of ill fitting content and plot holes
Take no suggestions, their word is law
Tell people to buy their game, making note that it is their game, a game by them that they made

Attached: 1567653648959.jpg (492x489, 68K)

oh so someone who is mostly irrelevant. literally the only game on that list anyone has heard about is new vegas and he's probably not the main reason why it was so good.

>Take a minute out of your day to photograph your food
>BAD GOY! EVERY SECOND OF YOUR LIFE YOU MUST WORK

>It's called humor
youtube.com/watch?v=ThutNUSMDfY
Yeah haha totally self-aware

No it would be different if Kaz's voice actor just snuck it in as a joke
But it was literally in the script that Kojima wrote. Get over it you drone, he's a narcisstic manlet incel

GUH
TOTALLY NOT THE SAME YOU DON'T GET IT
HE PUT HIMSELF IN THE GAME IRONICALLY

I think Kojima is definitely on an ego-trip. Think how many games some people at Nintendo have made but unless you look up interviews or look for that type of info you never hear anything about them

>literally the only game on that list anyone has heard about is new vegas
Maybe if you’re a fucking zoomer.

Unironically can't wait for Death Stranding. It's going to be the train wreck of the decade.

>praise other games
>praise other directors
>praise people outside his medium
>constantly credit his team during the gameplay reveal
>WTF WE HAVE TO STOP THIS EGOMANIAC
Stop being stupid

>Work hard on their games, spend 60+ hour work weeks as a sacrifice to keep the project going
>Don't force in self cameos, if a cameo is present it's not because they wanted it, but because their team felt they deserved it
>Act kindly to their team, though strict when needed
>Share their vision with their team
>Take suggestions
>Acknowledge their team
>Thank those who purchase their game and everyone who helped make it a reality
So literally Kojima

As someone who has low expectations for Death Stranding, who the hell is this guy?

Sawyer is 100% right and I wish every game dev publicly mocked the fuck out of that self-absored radio active Hollywood reject to bring this hackturd back down to planet earth.
This radioactive Hollywood bitch groupie is so far up his own chinkoid island monkey ass, he left the fucking stratosphere.

Attached: 1265249807755.jpg (452x600, 128K)

>trying this hard

THIS

Kojima spends 40+ hours of his supposed 'work' eating fucking hamburgers and vacationing. It's the oldest god damn excuse in the book, where corrupt executives and recruiters spend millions on expensive gold games, 5 star dinners, luxury hotels and so on under the excuse of wooing clients, writing the hours and money spent off as needed expenses.
Kojima does that with vacationing. He argued he does it for inspiration but only a smoothbrain falls for that BS

Balancing doesn't take away from fun because all balancing really does is enable players to use a variety of tactics effectively without an obvious dominant strategy or certain playstyles being gimped. Game balance is a core component of all games.

Don't mistake actual proper balancing with just stripping away all individuality for the laziest approach to balance.

What is it with Westerner's obession with bringing people down

>has time to travel, watch movies and post shit on social media all day
>doesn’t play video games because no time

>Kojima spends 40+ hours of his supposed 'work' eating fucking hamburgers and vacationing.
[citation needed]

>Gold games
Meant golf games
It's unironically one of the most corrupt shit businesses do too, because they do it to evade taxes by increasing yearly expenses for tax break purposes

>tfw off of the Kojima train for a few years now

Feels good. I played the MGS games again last year, a few years after I stopped with MGSV when it initially came out. MGSV is the most fun to play despite its many shortcomings. I'm happy to see people turning on what is ultimately the mediocrity of MGS and Kojima's shitty writing.

His Twitter account
He'll go several weeks at a time just posting fucking vacation pics. A director that gives himself several months a year of PTO isn't working hard at all

Imagine if Shigeru Miyamoto said something like that.
Imagine being the fucking Kanye West of video games.
That's Hackdeo Turdjima for you. He just comes off as an arrogant, obnoxious, insufferable ego tripping hack.
Not even the biggest self-absorbed film directors ever made such ridiculous "ME ME ME IT WAS ALL ME!" claims about themselves.
I hope someone breaks his penis nose.

Attached: penis nosed hack.jpg (800x600, 41K)

He doesn't have time to play games since he doesn't enjoy games and would consider it to be work.

He made Skyrim with guns in the desert

So he occasionally travels to game studios to learn about their technology and this means all he does is 'vacation'? Do you expect him to publicise every step of Death Stranding's development?

Kanye is pretty good though

>travels to game studios
Are you retarded?

Imagine being this mad because someone achieved their dreams and you didn't. Log off and do something productive.

Kojima doesn’t even like games. He wishes he was a film director

I like them both but Sawyer is right regardless of how self-righteous he sounds.

>Occasionally
>Game studios

>b-but he takes VACATIONS
I'm so glad I'm not working some retail or fast food job

At least I've had sex and I'm not a manlet. Two things Kojima will never have

>Josh Baseder
literally who

He doesn't take vacations, he occasionally works part-time.

>Other game directors only vacation between games because their work is their focus
>Kojima just vacations more between games because he knows that he should be the focus of his good for nothing team

it's so tiny an issue it's barely worth talking about yet he hops on the hate wagon and comes off as a sanctimonious prick in the process
the only right choice for him would've been to shut the fuck up

Why not? That should absolutely all be added if you are a part of each process.

>comes off as a sanctimonious prick in the process
Only to Kojima fanboys.

He really doesn't, the only people getting mad at his tweet and brown people in Kojima's cult of personality

>s-o-y got wordfiltered
don't type that word much so no idea how long it's been that way, but jesus christ the mods here are pathetic faggots. even coombrain got filtered like immediately, probably because it describes so many of you drooling monkey retards perfectly

>kojima posts a picture of his lunch on twitter
>HOLY FUCK WHY IS HE EATING HE SHOULD BE WORKING NO EATING ALLOWED

It’s been like that in a very long time

But aren't David cage games literally only for the story

At least he doesn't call it HIDEO KOJIMA's Death Stranding

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 30K)

Your employer is fucking you in the ass

Good thing reddit.com/r/gaming was here to tell us all about what's expected of a wage slave. I would have never known how evil vacations and lunch breaks were otherwise.

Cringe as fuck, as someone who works in a similar industry most employees don't give a shit about being given some epic brag right about ''being the one that made the product great'' the people in charge ALWAYS get all the credit and that's perfectly fine because people work these jobs for the paycheck not some useless twitter bragging rights, same thing happens in the movie industry it's ALWAYS the directors who get all the credit and the writers barely get anything let alone the people who work in sound effects or graphic design departments, but that's expected and quite frankly none of them gives a fuck.

>none of them gives a fuck
Yeah, who the fuck would want to get promoted so that they could get better job opportunities? Retard

Funny thing is Tom Clancy didn't even work on it. That is just others using his name.

Forgot to mention that kojima is at fault however for making this statement towards a western audience because their and the game developing scene's culture consists of nothing but fake humbleness and virtue signalling up the ass (mostly thanks to unprofessional indie shits who do nothing but moan on twitter about how under appreciated they are and whatever else nonsense)

Hard for a dead man to have an ego.

That's not how it works you fucking NEET chimp, you think the people in charge promote people in departments like sound design and graphics according to how many twitter tags those employees get on twitter? promotions are an internal thing it has nothing to do with what the public thinks of who did the most effort.

I meant promoted as in the publicity sense of the word. Avellone would be out of a job today if he didn’t become renowned among fans.

>I mainly handle all of these things, which is why I say its my game
>OHONONONONONOO DONT TAKE CREDIT FOR THOSE THINGS FUCKING LE NARCISSIST

all I see are a bunch of useless cucks crying, its actually hilarious people call kojima an useless "idea guy" when the whole "issue" here is that he proudly stamps his creations with his name because he wants to be meticulously involved with each aspect of the work

Publicity helps that's 100% for sure but it's mostly for lead roles, it's not expected from a junior/senior to have any sort of public aknowledgement they are mostly promoted/demoted according to a lot of other factors.

>Cope, seethe, dilate,
Exactly that's what you are doing right now, honky. Your shitpost here is not even related to this topic.

China haven't even implented your beloved "social scores" in the whole country, let alone "globally", you delusional homosexaul albino poltard. And your perverted, retarded, paranoid obessession with China and Epic that you have to attach everything with it is also become very annoying and cringed.