Home

Home

Attached: Home.png (480x506, 91K)

>try to get a spellbook in current year
>can't because stupid fucking gargoyles replaced gifts

Scream Fortress when?

>Spells retired because in a hypothetical situation the slight delay in the voices from below could decide LITERALLY THE ENTIRE VERY PROFESSIONAL ESPORTS MATCH
>Free halloween cosmetics on maps canceled because it threatened Geel's Jew empire
>Even if there were presents dropping on maps it'd be matchmaking only because TEE HEE, NO PRESENTS ON MAPS THAT AREN'T QUICKPLAY KOSHER SILLY BOYS, SOMEONE MIGHT SET UP AN IDLER FOR UNTRADABLE UNCRAFTABLE HATS
>Matchmaking, Item Servers, and Steam Auth servers guaranteed to fail EVERY YEAR because they glued them all together
Listening to "The Community" was a mistake

Attached: 611px-Mercenary.png (611x599, 269K)

Who is Geel

backpack.tf asshole
Generally the reason why keys are 40ref now despite literally being more useless than ever and the fact that keys actually keep entering the economy and nobody actually makes any new metal besides abandoned crafting bots.

Honestly I don't see how metal has any value. I guess to craft hats but instead of buying a key, trading it for metal, and crafting hats you can instead use that 2.50 on the community market and just get the hats you want.

Metal is worthless

TF2 is truly over, isn't it?

Attached: 1564319145703.png (291x262, 78K)

Remember when keys were 2.33 ref

no matter how shit the cosmetics get, no matter how shit the community gets, as long as they don't find a way to immensely fuck up the gameplay tf2 will never be dead

They killed the community with matchmaking. It's good that there are still populated servers, but no community is nearly as bad as death for the game.

Takes me less than a minute to get into a game, what are you talking about

I'm a brainlet. How exactly does matchmaking kill a given community?
serious question I really want to know

Matchmaking kids like you wouldn't understand.

Attached: 1561026546347.jpg (500x372, 64K)

because uhh...

Y'see you say that, but so does thousands of other people. Keys are literally worthless and NEVER actually leave the economy, especially now since we're like, 6 years removed from the last time any use for regular keys was in the game.

With a server browser, you get tight-knit communities and regulars. You frequent a small handful of servers and you see the same people every week whether or not you make an effort to, unlike forming a party in matchmaking. This leads to a community being formed. These communities can play custom maps because they'll all have the same ones downloaded, these can have custom game modes, or other interesting things. Now the only reason to open the server browser is if someone wants to find a trade server. And Valve has taken every effort to discourage "Unofficial" servers with XP, contracts, and other things that only occur when you're on their vanilla-ass servers.

Because they hid the server browser for a couple years. That drained all the servers and they retired.

On top of that they nuked a shit ton of server plugins, and matchmaking in general makes it rarer for players to join servers unless they click the community button.

Valve did a number on the community.
More outside this too.

Attached: download (1).png (512x512, 219K)

See way back when Online games had these things called USER SERVERS, and you could go browse thousands of servers of people playing a game and find just the right kind of game you want to be in, which is great, you might even find a MODDED server (wow) where the game can be radically different and stay fresh
Now when you add matchmaking, nearly ALL of that falls onto the developers, and despite what you may be convinced a handful or even a few dozen developers couldn't POSSIBLY deliver on the depth and variety any random dude willing to make a mod could provide.
It's kind of like how, once you got into custom games, halo becomes about 80× more enjoyable.

>Because they hid the server browser for a couple years. That drained all the servers and they retired.

Honestly not enough people know this, and it pisses me off so fucking much.

Attached: dbxrv5b-6787638a-02ea-4191-94f1-2880eedfa90d.gif (480x270, 396K)

>not creating a community outside a server so you can make parties and join casual together

>hackers running rampant in community servers
>top level """"competitive""" ranks require someone on each team to have an aimbot sniper script otherwise it's an automatic disadvantage
>game runs like hot garbage on modern machines
>STILL no heavy update or pyro balancing updates

there was radio silence until the unusual hat unbox exploit for over a year from the developers and the only significant updates since jan 1st were hats
I absolutely adore the game but it can't play it anymore between the literal braindead matchmaking servers or the dead community servers

matchmaking was the worst thing to happen to the game and its because valve doesn't want to make games anymore

You still don't get it. Community servers had people meeting over and over again without even needing to make that much of an effort. That means both you and the enemy team would be people you know. Partying does not compare. Not even slightly.

i do get it but its how it is now. my friends and i created a steam group chat for tf2 and invited people over that were friendly in voicechat. of course not always is everyone online but you get a small group together and play some casual at the evening. it doesnt compare to community servers but they're dead now so you gotta make the best out of it

In quickplay you could join ad-hoc (e.g. joining a friend's game), and stay on a map as long as you liked without resetting the server. These aren't allowed in casual matchmaking, meaning that if you get to know people in the round you're playing, they usually won't stick around unless you add them as friends.

Ah but you see here are a list of automatic trade bots selling them for 1 scrap more than the current price to generate profit, therefore we must raise the price because that's what a lot of people are selling them for!

Now repeat that every few months with the exact same reasoning for about 8 years.

I'm glad you can carry on, but it's of little consequence. TF2 is evaporating without dev support and interest. And every update only reduces the amount of fun to be had. Vanilla maps are bad, and every server is a 24/7 server thanks to player voting.

hope dies last my friend. and if shit does go down atleast you made some friends along the way

I remember back in 2011 me and my boys on a trade server stayed up literally all night just grabbing presents on eyeaduct, god those were some fun times. Valve really needs to add these fucking things back to the game they made scream fortress feel just that much more special

you also forgot how Valve now forces "truce" mode on boss maps to help braindeads to get their shitty untradable achievement hat

Attached: crit.jpg (718x960, 93K)

>He doesn't place a stealth level 3 and wait for the truce to end

Its just lame as hell especially for people who have already earned the hat to have to sit around and no nothing while merasmus is spawned. I thought the appeal of getting the hat was to fight your way through the boss and other players and being rewarded for it.