Hyped for 7 years

>Hyped for 7 years
>Already forgotten after a week
What happened?

Attached: secret-message-in-borderlands-3-art-teases-the-return-of-the_w83e.jpg (1280x720, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv9xP-i97ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lacking content before the dlc drops

it's borderlands 1.3

assblasted steamdrones

It's just not fresh anymore. The genre has been played out.

Looter shooters are just a meme now.

Lack of substantial endgame. Mayhem mode makes True Vault Hunter pointless, they should’ve made it unlock after TVHM completion. The story is also complete shit, even with lowered expectations knowing they couldn’t top Jack. They’ve also confirmed they will not be making DLC vault hunters so I don’t have a lot of hope for this games future. It almost makes me feel like this game is filler until Borderlands 4 comes in like two years. Everything about this game feels very rushed compared to 2 even though they had seven years to work on it.

Looter shooters are a saturated genre.

>hyped for 7 years
where on reddit? seriously who was hyped for this game

you always had shit taste and then grow up

it just seems like alot of effort to download a new launcher and set up an account, I don't think it's really worth it

>Everything about this game feels very rushed compared to 2 even though they had seven years to work on it.
They only made this game once gearbox realized they were a one trick pony, they rushed before they went complete bankrupt

>still not cracked

The power of Denuvo...

It will die a quick death with no DLC hunters, I feel this is a misstep. On the other hand combat feels amazing, best in series. Equipment and gunplay has great options. Honestly had they added 2 more hunters via DLC and maybe DO something to fix the dumb storyline in future content, it would be potentially the most solid entry. Also needs map variety.

>no dlc hunters

Randy Bobandy doing it again BADASS style

3>2 DLC>1>2>Pre
3 made me feel like I was back in 2009 again, like I was playing the series for the first time.

>timed holiday events
If I can't play in the spooky map whenever I want then Randy is confirmed for cock storage.

2>3>1>Pre

2 has the worst first half (maybe quarter?) in the series though.

It had its moments but too little story. Bosses were dog shit easy minus that guy with the electrical room/shield. That was just a shit fight all around. I really.emjoyed the music though. And the gun designs were too notch. I played as the Operator class specialized in the shield tree. By level 20 you're damned near unkillable. I beat the game as level 41 a d had some points in the drone tree so I was running around unkillable with a drone pumping out damage for me

Also DAHL is best company. All others are mediocre at BEST. Fight me fags

Jakobs in the hands of a beastmaster specialized in the monkey tree says high.

>already forgotten.
>12 threads a day about how it is forgotten.
The irony.

>guns are fun to shoot
>bosses are fun to fight
>had a few laughs at the cutscenes with a friend
>getting new parts for the cars was fun
>game looked nice
>adding shit to do in the open world was basic but a nice addition
>I want to lick Amara's abs
>typhon is pretty cool
I had fun with it, got me to have some fun with my old high school buddies. I'm gonna buy the DLCs.

Attached: cd9BdNF.png (206x208, 109K)

Bloodwing’s death, Angel’s betrayal, Roland/Angel’s death, Sanctuary lifting off, Jack’s further descent into madness after Angel dies is so fucking well done. There is no moments in Borderlands 3 that come even close to the feelings those Borderlands 2 moments did. Handsome Jack felt like a constant looming threat with Helios hovering over you almost like you’re always being watched. The threat of the twins and universe being at stake is not felt at all. I was looking forward to seeing Rhys, Vaughn, and other Tales characters in 3 and they feel like cardboard cutouts of their former selves with the rest of the Tales cast not even present in the game. I was also looking forward to seeing Gaige, Kreig, Axton, and Salvador again but fuck them right? They’re nowhere to be found. Why is the story so shit? I’m actually so disappointed.

Between the angry neets who are angry they cant pirate it and the desperate shills trying to relive borderlands glory days, its not surprising it gets posted so much.

>Hyped for 7 years
wrong.

I'll admit that I had a lot of fun playing through the game as Zane and Moze as the game feels tighter than previous entries and the gunplay is a vast improvement with the new underbarrel stuff and how each brand is more unique from one another (except maliwan I can't stand those guns anymore) here are the problems that I had with the game though:
>In the first five minutes of the game you can see used assets from borderlands 2 which are clusters of posters that feature handsome jack with a drawn on pirate outfit to mock him, opportunity, and a wanted poster for Roland who is fucking dead
Now maybe you could chalk it up to "oh well bandits don't give a shit about taking posters down" but it really stood out and came off as lazy. If you don't know what I am talking about, create a new character and once you've gotten off the bus where claptrap is talking to you, look to your right at the bus stop and you will see these posters.
>Once you and Lilith have gotten to the COV broadcast center where she hangs out until the ship is ready at the beginning of the game, if you walk out on the balcony that leads to the catch-a-ride stations and look up above the doorway, you will see a misplaced lamp floating there.
Again, just lazy.
>Lilith getting caught losing both her siren powers and the map
Why the fuck did she not just teleport out of there or teleport us in? the twins weren't that strong but hey gotta move that plot along somehow.
>The good guys are constant retards and do nothing but fuck everything up
Why would maya grab troy, knowing that they suck the powers out of living things? and more importantly, why is that every fucking time the twins are there fucking shit up we the players are either A.) just outside of whats happening with thumbs up our asses or B.) actually there watching the shit go down, again, with thumbs up our asses. Why leave vault keys in the pedestals when the twins can teleport? Also, where the fuck is everyone? (cont..)

Attached: 45337236_959583317585537_4607577200026310851_n.jpg (480x480, 19K)

What ? There isnt even gore anymore. .bulletsponges without response

Yea Forums doesn't talk about reddit tier games

>hourly threads about how it's a forgotten game
????

Stop pretending you niggers ever enjoyed discussing Borderlands.

Trash all around

Good:
>quality of life things like auto-pickup, one-button ammo buying, etc
>sliding and grappling
>jumping isn't as floaty
>pre-sequel low g level
>everything is more detailed and slightly more polished than 2
>the game has real lighting now and has some really great atmospheric environments
>guns feel a little more distinct now that each brand has a gimmick
>3D maps
>better vehicle system
>better customization
>fast travel system is much better
>environments are huge as shit

Bad:
>the absolute retconning and ad-hoc shit-canning of what little lore existed. there are actually 7 sirens, sirens pass on their powers now and they don't change, even though Troy changes Maya's powers. the vault in BL1 was just a feeding hole/access panel for the real vault (stupid). the warrior was there to keep people from opening the great vault (then why let whoever awakens the warrior control it and destroy everything like Jack said?). Oh and ignore all the other vaults you open in 2 like the one in Torgue DLC and the Sandworm one. Vaults are now two vaults, one inside a portal and one with a monster. Monsters are power sources? A great machine on the eridian homeworld uses two abitrary vaults as a power source to lock up pandora? But the eridian homeworld has a vault with a monster too? Fucking retarded mess.
>Even though guns feel more distinct, some brands feel useless while others feel completely necessary.
>Drop system is fucked because I got 30 legendaries on my first playthrough while it took me until TVHM in 2 to get one. So now legendaries and red-text weapons are super common. I've seen more blues and purples than whites and greens.
>Epic Gays Store fucked me over on guardian tokens because of their shitty cloud save system
>Sanctuary III is way more meandering and labyrinthine than it should be. Getting between common points can be a hassle without doing parkour shit
>so-far it lacks the environment variety of 2

Just buy the game, install it then refund it.

(cont..) We see Brick, Mord, Tina, and Torgue for a fraction of the game and they don't even do all that much outside of just braking people out of jail. Weren't even there for the tyreen fight wtf.
>Axton, Salvador, Gaige, Krieg, and Athena are all missing.
You can find a couple of echo logs for Krieg and how he was getting better, A couple of posters/magazines/a skin for Moze that shows he took up modeling, and an echo that vaguely talks about Gaige. Maybe we will see them in DLCs but it bummed me the fuck out.
>anyone can be a siren apparently
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there only an X amount of sirens allowed to be alive at one time and you were a siren from birth it wasn't just training or at "whenever we feel like you are"? why is everyone we know a siren, especially tannis who was hiding it all this time? That felt like a major "welp we need a surprise twist somewhere.. ehhh fuck it tannis you're a siren congrats."
>Handsome Jack.
A lot of references to the hyperion dictator but isn't anywhere to be found except for the posters that I mentioned in my first post, a side quest, gun trinkets, and a gun that talks to you in his voice, hinting that maybe the ai jack from tales was put into a gun (Handsome Jackhammer)
>gearbox banning people from their forums for misgendering a fucking fictional, virtual, robot (Fl4K)
gay.
>minimap drove me fucking nuts
the new minimap that shows the path you have taken instead of just reaveling the map in parts drives my ocd mad so I spend hours just filling in every corner.
>every siren except Lilith and Maya instantly knew how to use their powers and blow our two sirens the fuck out.
No learning out to deal and use them over time, just "hey new powers, cool guess I can just control time and space or phaselock the fucking moon now."
>gearbox fixing legendary farms over optimizing their game and making it playable
Fortunately I haven't run into any issues but apparently people can't even play the game/

Attached: 0a0.gif (470x360, 2.5M)

But user there is more gore than previous entries..

cringey neckbeards angry at epic don't want to talk about how great the game is

I know that its hack writing, but i wish they brought back jack at this point. To me he is the face of borderlands and the setting just aint interesting enough without his presence

It's good but lacks quality of life features found in other looter shooters.

Monkey is a good boy. Love the fucker.

>tfw you get the gun that has Tyreen call you a gunslut

Attached: pillow.jpg (441x381, 30K)

They rewrote the lore because the last game was eons ago and Pre-Sequel was made in Australia. Also... Anthony Burch wasn't involved.
Back to the tone of Borderlands 1 instead of Borderlands 2.

What happened to this fuckface? He sucked some dudes dick, wife left him, sister got "internet' famous and became a popular voice actress.

He disappeared.

Attached: burch.jpg (474x266, 21K)

>What happened?
No torrent

youtube.com/watch?v=dv9xP-i97ng

i dont like this faggot but this video shows what a scumbag Randy pitchford is.

I thought according to Yea Forums Anthony Burch was the worst thing to happen to Borderlands. Are you telling me he’s the only reason the story was so good in 2/Tales?

Fucking Randy is a sociopath. Motherfucker should be running EA.

He's a fucking scumbag and that's probably the reason Gearbox can publish games and then lose money on complete duds but still survive!

He's a fucking mad dog psycho serial killer but this fucker is a good CEO.

Anthony Burch was the symptom. not the disease.

Incredible talent just a self destructive asshole and a KEK! Borderlands 2 was hot shit because of him... duh. Story was good, characters were great, jokes worked, etc.

>hyped for 7 years
wtf are you talking about, nobody cared about it after disasters BL2 and presequel dropped, I'm surprised it was even planned in the first place. Even back then the original Borderlands was a mediocre game. It's just a proof that bandwagonning on commercials alone can't save your game when previous installments are shit

nobody except for Randy's workers

Randy didn't want to make Borderlands 3. Game should have been out 5 years ago... instead he was jacking off at Battleborn!

His favorite child.. wouldn't whore it out and make it F2P.

Attached: battleborn.jpg (474x296, 35K)

none of those were well done, it was a cringefest. bl2 should have sticked to the storytelling of bl1, which was through ECHO recorders and sparse dialogue.

>Not using the 8 seconds of free crits skill with the orange tree ability that (with mods) gives >50% chance of refunding bullets on crit with any Jakob’s gun that has the ricochet in crit effect
I pity you user

The only thing on that list that I’ll agree wasn’t really that well done was Roland’s death and kidnapping Lilith. Other than that I don’t see what’s “cringe” or shitty about the other things. Maybe you could elaborate.

it's the lack of a crack. give it a few more day, gears 5 has already been cracked. Borderlands, you're up next!

Attached: timcreep.jpg (986x681, 120K)

The fact that the presequel unironically does a better job at making your character feel unique and actually matter a bit in the plot is just sad. The presequel had lines that changed depending on what character you chose instead of everyone treating you exactly the same. Like fucking amara is a siren and tyreen never says anything? Really? Although the story was just retarded in general so guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Not one fucking mention of this fucker despite the ending of TPS.

Attached: watcher.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

I don't get why people shit on pre sequel so much, it's better than 1 and 2 in terms of gameplay, the story is tidy and doesn't overstay it's welcome like 2, and it proves that Jack did nothing wrong.

They were hyped for something new and innovative to the series, it was more of the same thing, over and over again. Unsurprisingly anyone burned out on this formula, got tired of it quickly. Also they probably put content away for the dlc so why bother playing it before the dlc drops and have to go through the game a second time once you already know how most of the main plot goes due to finishing it alrady, mate. Might as well wait.

Attached: 1568899545036.jpg (673x813, 107K)

>Hyped for 7 years
were people really hyped for 7 years? I literally didn't know it was coming out until like, 4 days before it did. Borderlands just seems like a not good series, and I honestly can't remember ever running into anyone who actually really likes it. Plenty of people think it's okay, but I don't know anyone who's really into it.
Hell, looking around Yea Forums I only saw threads actually about it like the day after it came out. Everything else is just people going "OH NO NO NO" because it hasn't been cracked and isn't on steam.

Finished and got to max level in about 30 hours
Finished tvhm in 10
Got build I wanted(no perfect rolls don’t care) in about 2 hours of farming
I could play the other characters but now that I finished the game it just feels like a grind, and the worst part is that it feels like a grind for nothing since I have nothing to test it with after I’m done getting a perfect build.

>no dlc vault hunters
lmao dropped

I don't think they'll crack it for a month at least judging by the complexity and bloat of new Denuvo

>They’ve also confirmed they will not be making DLC vault hunters
Fucking what

they gave the characters emotions. they were all supposed to be cold, silent, emotionless bounty hunters trying to make a few bucks in some desert hellhole. suddenly in bl2 they keep babbling on and on about their feelings and shit, it all felt very much out of character compared to bl1. that and overall the dialogue felt like everyone was over-explaining things without actually providing anything for the story or atmosphere.

they're thinking of adding new skill trees to each of the existing VHs instead of adding new VHs. I'm not really sure how that's a better option for them, but they seem to think it is.