WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

Is this necessary? Look at it. You can't fit this godforsaken piece of shit in the electrical outlet, unless there's nothing next to it. What a fucking hog. That's what it is; a self-indulgent glutton of a power hog.

Attached: Adapter-Switch.jpg (1500x1500, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBMO8F1I-h4
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/rtIJcmQBZsm0UQWR6IXO2g/
youtu.be/rBMO8F1I-h4?t=41
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Look at this outletlet and laugh

Where and how do you live that makes that an actual problem?

I get the feeling that this is a verbatim word for word extract from an AVGN episode, But I can't remember which.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING

I didn’t see it until you mentioned it

Top kek

Is this the first time you've had a plug-in power adapter?
>standard wall outlet: plug it in on the bottom socket
>power strip: plug it in at the outermost socket
>two adapters: one facing up, another facing down

thats why you get these now instead of regular power bars

Attached: power-squid.gif (400x311, 41K)

Sega CD or 32X or Jaguar

Is buying a separate power adaptor even necessary here? The Switch gets power from a USB type C connection, so anyone who's bought a phone on the last few years probably already has type C chargers lying around.

Wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=rBMO8F1I-h4

What kind of electrical outlet do you have? You can fit 2 of them on here easily.

Attached: EE0C80EC-EF2E-4E6E-B367-5ED9101703B8.jpg (466x466, 10K)

maybe in a non euclidean universe

You know that really pisses me off, I even have a camera which I just bought this year and it has a box like that. We live in the year 2007, and they can't figure out that shit like that takes up too much room? These fucking things should be banned.

USB C is a connector type, it does not specify what gets carried over it. A lot of third party chargers don't support 15v at 2.6a. So you can charge it over USB C, but it might take significantly longer depending on the chargers specs.

>Not fast-charging with an Apple brick

The only shameful one is you.

It is a connection system by the usb-if. There are in fact regulations and standards and mandates, although very few, and by NOT using them you are retarded. Paying for a trademark but not using the tiny chip on each end would be like powering security cams with HDMI.

Power CAN be lower because that isn't standardized. However using the PD system is cheap as fuck and retards would avoid it. In the case of nintendo it probably cost them more to avoid PD mandates than to have it considering they would have to change the already tiny and multi-capable chip found in phones, macbooks, ipads, etc.

>outletlet

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 221K)

WE LIVE IN THE YEAR OF 2007

>self-indulgent glutton of a power hog
>POWER HOG
>draws less power while playing a game than a ps4 does in sleep mode

So it can provide 5V / 3A OR 15V / 2.6A?

They've crammed a generic 5v charger in with basically a laptop charger. That's why it's that size.

Fucking nerd

Attached: 1389593028355.jpg (258x288, 17K)

STOP MAKING FUN OF NINTENDO
DIE NINTENDO HATER

that's what you get for be britol faggot

Just so you guys know, this isn't the official adapter.
Further more, this guy has posted this multiple times.
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/rtIJcmQBZsm0UQWR6IXO2g/

it's not a Nintendo product.

It's a reference to AVGN dumb faggot

everyone knows this.
everyone still assumes it's the 1st party adapter when it's not.

NIDF

All these fucking newfags in this thread

>he doesn't have a gaming surge suppressor
Pathetic.

Attached: MUL-812X.png (1928x1822, 992K)

The first party adapter is still huge.

>3rd party charger for your Switch
Enjoy your bricked console

Attached: 622AB9A3-7F6D-494A-81B2-5ADD057AD7F9.jpg (538x384, 28K)

it really isn't.

Attached: 1549631333714.jpg (950x467, 42K)

chargers are fine, the only danger is using 3rd party docks or USB-C to A adapters.

You can use any laptop charger and it will work perfectly.

Why couldn't they have put the brick in the middle of the cable like they did on GC, Wii and WiiU?

I get you're still going with the AVGN bit but those types of bricks are unnecessary when it's that small.
The official switch charger is smaller than most laptop USB-C chargers and bigger than most phone USB-C chargers.
People don't like laptops with the brick in the middle of the cable because those are bad for travel.
The Switch is part handheld, it's designed to be able to travel.
Putting the brick in the middle of the cable would make it shittier when used on a plane for example.

if you've seen an actual official Switch AC adapter you'd know they can fit adjacent to other plugs on literally any power strip.
They are as thin as the plug itself, you wouldn't actually save space by moving the brick down the cable.

The plugs on my power strip are aligned vertically, so it takes up 3 slots

What the fuck? Did you just watch that AVGN episode too? This is some weird ass bizarro shit.

Attached: image.jpg (853x643, 72K)

I'm seeing all these alternative hdmi docks for the switch, so do they really brick em good or some shit?

Everyone’s talking about the bulky power brick, meanwhile I’ve been pissed off from day one at these CLUNKY-ASS HDMI cables Nintendo sent with the Switch.

Who the fuck thought that was okay? What year is it, 2008?

Attached: 0B6726B3-3471-4B1E-87DE-929CE05B55F7.jpg (640x400, 24K)

>Raid 2020......maybe I'll review that in the year 2020.......

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 7K)

maybe stop buying ac adaptors from china. where's the one that came with your switch go? did your wife get it in the divorce?

I believe it wasn't bricking so much as frying but I think Nintendo fixed it.

>those prongs
What kind of alien wall outlet does that go into?

bricks are not unnecessary lol. they are called AC/DC rectifiers and they have to go SOMEWHERE

why would you ever buy a power strip like that?

Hard to tell from the side but it might be chink/ausfag

maybe you should re-read the post you're replying to.

So its safe to use a 3rd party hdmi dock now? My switch dock got wet and it was fucked and I was thinking of buying a 3rd party one since its cheaper.

And they got it right with the wiiu by putting it in the center of the cord.
This shit is a step back

Real human beings are using power outlets looking like THAT?

Just nuke em already

no, putting that tiny brick in the center of the cord makes no sense and would be far worse on the switch.
The brick isn't obstructing power outlets and the system is intended to be used like a handheld at least part of the time.

Underrated post

no

ausfag here, it's not one of ours

Why aren't plug sockets automatically mirrored?

Think about it.

Attached: or just arranged horizontally like not fucking apes.jpg (466x466, 17K)

Some of us have power outlets close to the ground where the switch brick outright cannot fit.

That would be cool

Instead of just declaring it to be so, why don't you explain why it would be bad.

British, big central earth that's usually plastic because most appliances are double insulated.

Let me tell you, forget lego, this thing will desroy your foot's whole career.

youtu.be/rBMO8F1I-h4?t=41

Who cares all nu-avgn episodes are soulless

why would you ever plug any electronic device directly into an outlet?

some of yalls fathers didnt teach you important shit as kids

ColecoVision

that sounds more like a poorly designed house than a poorly designed charger

It would literally save no space on power-strips and just make the cord bulky when traveling.
No laptops use the power-brick on the cable design anymore for this very reason.

Look at this, the brick doesn't obstruct anything even if you have adjacent bricks such as a USB hub.

Attached: 1566567459007.jpg (2016x1112, 590K)

His rant in the Sega CD/32X is much better

ok i fucking lol'd

the space between the back of my entertainment center and the wall is exactly as wide as a power strip, the wiiu brick turned sideways barely fits. where the fuck would I put this monstrosity? all my single row power strips have the plugs aligned vertically and the last position is already taken by another monster plug.

The fuck is that?

a cable shouldn't be bent to have less depth than this power brick anyway though, you'd break it

Then we wouldn’t need power extensions and such. Home of the free, baby

you can't just have electricity running upside down in the walls, otherwise it's dangerous to electricians who think the positive wire is the negative wire.

Do you leave unplugged shit just laying around? You’re asking for it

>0 replies
was it just snoyboy shitposting all along?

Attached: 1562306201048.png (1000x1000, 119K)

Did you melt your power strip holes or what, why does it look like a Jap’s face during Hiroshima

Attached: CP2077_Sun.png (330x319, 178K)

What type of third world outlet do you have? Besides. That charger is unironically good for the switch itself. It charges it fast, so the size can be excused, but seriously on the topic of an outlet; are you completely retarded or are you living in a shitty third world country with terrible outlets or somethiny

underrated
nice 73 73 poster

>why does it look like a Jap’s face during Hiroshima
Ausfags and citizens of Hong Kong both thought it would be funny.

The ground has to be the lowest pin for safety reasons. Because you know, gravity, and the risk the plug could come slightly loose and droop downward. If the ground pin is on the top instead a grounded cable could come loose, droop, and still make contact with live and neutral while now being ungrounded. Enjoy your electrical fire retard.

Attached: waninghope.gif (194x204, 3.1M)

Blacks

It’s from DoubleVision part 2, I know because I’ve watched that specific clip so many times because I love his delivery of it

What does the N stands for?

at least one person knows how this shit works here

Imagine putting it in your pocket

>AC
>negative and positive
AC alternates, there is no "positive" and "negative" like DC. It's Live and Neutral.

how the hell does the electricity get to my house if it keeps going back and forth?

Nintendo

Impossible. Drooping physically can’t happen because the ground supports it in place. If gravity pushes down hard, the tip of ground presses against the top and keeps the whole thing sturdy.

Not to mention a ground is basically a BBC and you’d have to yank that sucker out intentionally to get it loose in the slot to begin with

Through live

>If gravity pushes down hard, the tip of ground presses against the top and keeps the whole thing sturdy.
It's not worth the risk. Putting ground at the bottom provides redundant safety for the exactly reason you mentioned, redundant safety systems > muh design!

Think of it as a shaft that is pounding back and forth inside your anus. You can extract energy from it even if it isn't just constantly pushed inside you until you split apart.

The “N” stands for “GET THE WATTAH NIGGUH, IT GOIN DOWN, MUTHAFUCKIN BOOTLEG FIREWORKS N’ SHIT”

This is generally called an adapter. Adapters that are external are generally used to save space on the internals of a console as well as lower heat output.

Wrong. Have several upside-down wall outlets, which were put in place by professionals to show which plugs are linked to the light switch. It’s actually very common.

That “safety” measure is bullshit and you should only listen to it if you’re the paranoid type of shithead who puts on oven mitts to take hot pockets out of the microwave.

A squid. Power strip with individual outlets.

How can that be an adapter if it doesn’t fucking adapt anything you goddamn moron. And adapter connects two different types of cables to make them compatible with one another. This is a power plug that goes into the wall.

You must commit sudoku to redeem that shameful display, user.

You don't have offset sockets? Here in europe almost all sockets have the lower plug offset around 30 degrees so you can fit multiple adapters and such

How many have died

Not enough.

>water on an electrical fire
That does sound like niggerlogic.

what the fuck the european adapter is way slimmer

It says it's a third party replacement. It doesn't even say Nintendo Switch on it, just N-Switch.

Please send halp

That’s because it didn’t have 3 Big Macs for lunch

Do you people not use power strips?

Attached: 61dKvgqtRcL._SX466_[1].jpg (466x466, 9K)

It is adapting amps and volts for output to the console. Please grab a fork and convert your life time to 0 using an outlet.

why is it that only american power strips are designed this way?
literally everywhere else has the plugs at a right-angle so you can have adapters next to each other

user...

There are more than 1 design you massive retard, that's just the most common.

but why is it the most common?
I've never seen one like that in my country.

So that you have to buy more power strips to fit everything you need, even though there are technically enough slots

top tier burger design: make the plugs vertical so you can't plug more than one thing on the whole strip

Where do you live? I wanna compare outlets to yours

Y-you want to.. compare o-outlets user?

How exactly would angling the socket solve the problem? A fat adapter plug is still going to obstruct other sockets

If your outlet doesn’t look like this your country should be nuked

Attached: F22AD64F-46A6-4AD6-B24E-877AC3BFC6F8.jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

So everywhere that's not the USA, Canada, most Latin American countries, and I guess also Japan counts even though Japan uses modified ungrounded NEMA sockets. But NEMA sockets are definitely top-tier in terms of robustness without extra unnecessary bloat

It won't dock woth any adapter other than its own.

Consider that the adapter may be thicker or thinner. If it is sufficiently thin, it might be possible to plug in devices on both sides of it, depending of course on how obstructive those are. In this way, by alternating between thicker adapters and thinner simple cables or phone adapters that are typically much smaller, one can often fill all or most outlets if they are positioned at a right angle.

However, because these adapters almost always extend backwards far enough to obstruct at least one outlet, if the outlets are arranged as in the picture there's always going to be some obstruction for even relatively small adapters except for on the very last of the outlets.

Yeah actually that sounds pretty good!

My country should indeed be nuked, I won't deny that, but the schuko outlet is one of the few redeeming qualities it has.

also the cable would be in the way of at least 3 sockets