Zelda

That's it, the Japanese have hit a technological wall.

Attached: 00100010101001.jpg (825x464, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C1Y_d_Lhp60
catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/rendering/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

congrats for not knowing what an artstyle is
shitty bait thread

It's Grezzo and they hit their wall with MM3D.

NINTENDO
HIRE THIS MAN

Attached: 8265345345.jpg (443x578, 55K)

I refuse to believe this is real

NINTENDOOOOOOOOO

Bottom has no style whatsoever

It's just the switch being dragged down by the android shit it has.

They just discovered bloom and post-processing, 10 years after the west. It's just pathetic how much they depend of nostalgia to drive their sales.

youtube.com/watch?v=C1Y_d_Lhp60

Bottom is the definition of soulless, it has none of the aesthetic of OoT

Every time Nintendo has tried to compete in technological prowess they have failed. N64 and Gamecube were both underperforming in sales. They've literally only done well with handhelds, Wii and now Switch since SNES.

At least it will have the Spirit Temple and the glorious music, that dungeon is longer than the entirety of Link's Awakening.

Something with botw town extent. Fans were acting like they had just invented physics.

If you hate the style, bad news for you.

I don’t want to blow this out making a whole thread because I signed away my life I’d keep this confidential, but I’m so hyped I at least have to get hyped with some other people on Yea Forums.

Depending on how sales show that Nintendo fans react positively to the idea of remakes, the cute style, 2D style gameplay, and to a lesser degree RPGs (The Dragon Quest/ Mana releases), the big names up top are in talks to remake Earthbound and Mother 3 in a very similar style to Link’s Awakening.

The main problem is the more fun, chance-taking leaders want to do Mother 3 first for the sake of hype; imagine being at E3 hearing Mother 3 is not getting localized.. it’s getting REMADE for the Switch, Nintendo would win E3 without a doubt. But they can’t title it Earthbound 2 or Mother 3, because if it’s the first release, having a number will decrease customers because people will think “I need to play the others to get it, I can’t just start here.” So the mock-up name is standing at “Earthbound: Porky’s Revenge”

The other folks (the marketing side, most haven’t even touched a video game in their lives beyond Wii Sports) are in favor of remaking Earthbound instead because it’s already known to sell well nowadays from Virtual Console releases and is slightly more known due to Ness being in every Smash game. Earthbound is a WAY safer bet, and it would still cause insane levels of hype as an E3 announcement. And I t might cause more hype for the Mother 3 crowd because they know if Earthbound Remake does good, Mother 3 might just come after.

The choice is either go for the fans, or go for the safe bet.

Just hoping Link’s Awakening does good because if it doesn’t, that idea is likely to fizzle out quick.

It does make more sense for them to do Earthbound. But I guess we’ll see where it leads. What do you guys think?

Don’t let this leave Yea Forums, my gift to you

but the controls and animations are ass

>MUH REALITIC GRAPHICS

why do zoomers think REAL LIFE equals good graphics?

Where did this meme about LA being short come from?

what the fuck this is so good

The source is me beating it in 3 1/2 hours on sick days from school when I was 8-years-old.

Attached: incan.png (511x133, 40K)

Because want metrics and "objective" large numbers to judge quality rather than having a level of insight. It's why people use metacritic figures, or people who don't understand how computer parts work thinking bigger numbers = better. Thats where the "MOAR CORES" meme comes from

nice fanfiction, cool idea though. the manual art for the MOTHER series always looked kind of like this and I think it would fit well

reminds me of how people shat on wind wakers art style the first couple years. a couple years from now everybody is gonna say they loved the new LA. the inescapable zelda cycle.

>game looks like a mobile phone game
>Link looks like a fucking funko
>10 hours to complete
>Sixty fucking dollars

Attached: DF5ICFoU0AAMOPl.jpg (399x399, 19K)

i got the game and its a great remaster of a classic gameboy game, why is Yea Forums so salty about it

Because it isn't HYPER REALISTIC and isn't a padded out 40 hour mess of a game. This place has become infected with zoomers

and people here still defend it lol

Yea Forums's mom already bought Astral Chain and they can't have more than one new game every month
The Switch literally has too many games for its own good and Yea Forums can't take it

Attached: Haughty Bat.png (386x386, 158K)

Even if you’re telling the truth it’s never gonna happen. Link’s Awakening is selling like dogshit based on what I’ve seen on Yea Forums
Built up my dreams just to shatter them. I never had a chance.

>remaster
*remake

Not only Yea Forums, there's a collective agreement the game is overpriced. It could've been easily prevented.

Links awakening remake is pretty great. Was expecting to be disappointed but it's comfy and to my surprise, the definitive version

>reminds me of how people shat on wind wakers art style the first couple years
I still do.

>Link’s Awakening is selling like dogshit based on what I’ve seen on Yea Forums

Yea Forums hates video games and wants to see them fail though.

fake and gay. Zelda and it’s sales have absolutely 0 correlation with any other series and especially not earthbound

I still can't believe Nintendo's Quality Control has gone to shit since they let other people touch their big titles. The fact this game runs like shit with massive frame drops and no d pad support is because Grezzo has no idea how game design works. Look at what they did to MM3D

Attached: hyah.png (562x437, 274K)

>based on what I've seen on Yea Forums

Holy fuck you're completely braindead, Yea Forums isn't some microcosm of the real world, uninstall yourself from life

The social means of production have caused the stagnation of the technological means of production.

I haven't played the game but watched some streams (already played the original, this is basically a graphical overhaul, it's justified). The blur effects, bloom, and animations honestly look like shit. The models are acceptable but I strongly dislike the aesthetic they went for. The modelers put their heart into it but the director/managers suffered from a total lack of vision. If the original creators (Tezuka/Koizumi/etc) had been involved I imagine it would have been a lot more inspired.

The increased graphical fidelity also harshly contrasts with the limited enemy design and architecture of a Gameboy game. There is so much more you could do with 2D Zelda given the technology available, but Aonuma just wants to rehash. I didn't think I'd be nostalgic for the DS era, but goddammit at least they were new games.

I swear, this place truly has been infested with children.

60 dollars plus tip.

2D remakes, senpai. If you can trick 10 year-old Fortnite addicts into actually playing a “2D” game, you’ve won. Just remake everything that videogame personalities on YouTube will get hyped about and they’ll eat it up, easy sales.

It looks like that to replicate the original in game sprite art while also keeping a unique visual style.
Complaining about the games aesthetic is retarded. It's a directorial choice that has no bearing on how the game is actually played and is bitched about purely because you retards want to get mad at something.
This is coming from a person who doesn't own this game and didn't like BotW.

>Earthbound: Porky's Revenge
Porky even being in Mother 3 at all is a twist, they wouldn't do that.

Koizumi obviously wants to do another Zelda game.

>It looks like that to replicate the original in game sprite art while also keeping a unique visual style.
It looks like a fucking phone game dude. This is not unique at all

It’s still a gigantic leap in logic that an earthbound remake would sell well just because Zelda and DQ11 sold well

>Link looks like a fucking funko
Meme.

Every adult is just a child who’s allowed to do whatever they want now without being told different anymore because their age says so. It’s frightening and freeing to realize at the same time.

Imagine giving a 12 year old sex, drugs, money, and responsibilities. And then leaving them to their own devices with said things. That’s what most “adults” are today.

>It looks like that to replicate the original in game sprite art
They didn't need to do that. It's nostalgia wankery of the worst kind.
>It's a directorial choice
And it was a terrible choice. Keep in mind it's the same director as MM3D.

And willing to work! And real happy! And scared of when anyone yells!

You're focusing purely on the character models with that statement and ignoring other details. For example, the camera, with the fog on the top and bottom, which is supposed make everything not in that fog appear smaller than it really is, or the use of animated cutscenes in the opening and ending of the game. Having played LADX way back when, I already know the twist and can see the reason for those choices.
It's also unique for a Zelda game. Top down Zelda games have already done Toon and a simplified OoT3D/MM3D style (referring to LBW, don't know what else to call it really), so the LA remake needed something all its own yet familiar to LA.
>They didn't need to do that. It's nostalgia wankery of the worst kind.
It's better than updating the graphics with no actual vision, like Yakuza Kiwami.
>And it was a terrible choice. Keep in mind it's the same director as MM3D.
It really isn't. From what I've seen, it works for a top down game and keeps the remake distinct from other top down 3D Zelda games.

Imagine acting superior to everyone else when you can't even make any real points related to the thread. It's easy to go on vague unspecific rants, it doesn't require any commitment. You can sit back safe in your armchair.

You’re spending you’re free time on a video game webpage anonymously trying to make objective statements.

We’re all goddamn children and that includes you, Scumbag. Embrace it and take a chill pill.

S O U L L E S S

Hyperboles are not real points, user.

It's entirely related to your dipshit "hobby" that you let turn into an obsession.

*you're

But the second isn't ''recreating'' Link's Awakening.

Lack of sense of fantasy and creativity.

Do it then, faggot.

Attached: sa1749.jpg (321x200, 18K)

>Recreate assets from a stylistic game with realistic PBR textures
>WOW OMG [GAME COMPANY] SHOULD HIRE YOU!!!!!!!
Why does this happen so often

How do I learn about graphics?

Ask Carmack

Thanks unironically

Don't worry user, I understood your joke.

I got it too

Anyone else find any more plus effects for dungeons? So far I got the bomb rain from Dampe, one that doubles enemies in a room from getting all the toys in the trendy game and Shadow Link from the amiibo. Still looking for the last 15 or so seashells I need as well. Wasn’t it only like 20 or 30 in the original?

catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/rendering/

MEANWHILE...

Attached: 1568900434807m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

OP REKT

Framerate patch when? Also how the fuck do you miss such an obvious memory leak?

>Kojima blocks your path
Nintendo isn't all of Japan

Attached: 1568466802208.webm (688x378, 667K)

Nintendo has hit the technological wall, you mean

Sony is literally approaching photorealism

Attached: IMG_8234.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

Cope.

"Soulless" is another meme buzzword like "cinematic" or "movie game" that níntentards use to justify their dogshit technology

Habeeb it

Why she all shiny and shit

S H I N Y
H
I
N
Y

Let me know when Sony make a 97-rated game. Probably never.

I kinda dig the tilt shift method setup, but I still like the GB version more.

I want to put my penis in every hole in her body.

Realistic graphics ≠ good game

That’s a lot of holes if you turn noclip on

You could say every pixel is a hole in that case. Aren’t character models in 2019 like 3,000,000+ pixels or something?

I think partly because people are expecting long ass games since most big titles are open world.
Also the fact that they’re remaking a game the majority of Yea Forums loves for better or worse. You would get the same reactions if deus ex ever got remade.

T-B-H this looks like a photo of an actual real toy set, I don't see how it could improve. God damn, zoomers' standards for graphics are too high. Here I am playing MGSV on PS3 in complete awe at the visuals.

Attached: The Elder Stops Scrolling.jpg (640x480, 92K)

At the rate their consoles are "keeping up", their next system will have 2016/2017 tech in it and they will delay decent fps/resolution another 10 years. No photorealism to be found at 1080p/28fps (jittery frames no less).

People bought it knowing it was a Gameboy game but not expecting it to actually be a Gameboy game

The only technological wall is the bizarre ugly framedrops when changing a scene, the artstyle itself works perfectly

Nintendo has hit a wall, not Japan.

Compare this shit to Sekiro or Dark Souls 3 running on a good PC. Or Resident Evil 2 Remake / Devil May Cry 5.

It's just bitchass little Nintendo that is ten years behind the rest of the industry with their kindergarten toy hardware.

Is that a tranny?

is motion blur optional?
>its Nintendo of course it isnt
dropped b4 touching

THERE'S A MAN WHO HAS ARTISTIC VISION

>no pores
Still looks fake and plastic.

HE'S SHOWING UP NINTENDO WITH EACH DECISION

It's the same people who take Anime or Movies and make them 60fps and go WOW IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!

Imagine OP would dictate the artstyle of videogames. We wouldnt have progressed in 30 fucking years and would still playing picel trash
>I DONT LIKE CHAAAANGE
>MOOOOOOOOOOMY

This.
Does bottom even run well?

>if a remake of a game sells well, they'll remake more games like it
I get why they would (soulless corporation wants money) but why for the games you've listed?
SNES games don't need remastering, since they're literally the pinnacle of 16-bit graphics and look better every title that come out now with them. The Virtual Console is fine for EarthBound as is - but that obviously doesn't sell as well to an audience of 14 y/os who don't want to play a game because its old.
Otherwise, I'm looking forward to glossy 30fps remakes of all my favourite games. Hopefully Super Mario World gets a high-quality play dough remake that runs in a cinematic 27fps.

>he would prioritize graphical fidelity over consistently tolerable performance
stupid ESLfag
Also, people ARE still playing pixel trash

>Sony is literally approaching the uncanny valley
Yeah sounds great

Video game graphics will never be indiscernible from real life. It will always be an obvious uncanny valley for feel like a cartoonification of a person.

>fortnite, undertale, shovel knight
>implying its zoomers

>based on what I’ve seen on Yea Forums
why would you base ANYTHING on what you see on Yea Forums?

my biggest problem is how link looks. i hate it so much

Before this thread dies

The walrus model, animation and all has more effort put into it than half the unreal library

What year is it, I’m having deja vu from every Zelda game ever released

This is never going to happen. Link's Awakening was barely strung together and that was a 1:1 remake on an engine that any toddler can program. But Earthbound? You're a filthy liar, they would need five times the assets, actual cutscenes, hundreds of parallax backgrounds and that's on top of claims of copyright infringement against the music Nintendo stole. There is ZERO chance of a remake ever happening. Nintendo does not have the capacity to make another Earthbound. The best case scenario after this is an awful Zelda dungeon maker that nobody asked for.

Attached: 1568387572353.png (319x317, 255K)

No it isn't you dumb snoy zoomer, OoT, while I realise you never played it, has a very distinct aesthetic to it that bottom picture completely lacks

Hate to break it to you, but if Nintendo can sell Earthbound on Virtual Console currently, there either aren’t any copyright issues as of now or they’ve already created replacement songs.

They could always wait it out until the copyright is up and the songs because public domain.

Yeah I played it but I much preferred Twilight Princess.

Shitty games will be shitty games.

>rumors says Nintendo has had official localization for years, but don't know how to release it
>"Hey, how about we remake the whole fucking series instead"
If you or anyone in this thread actually works for Nintendo, this is a retarded idea and you know it.
Release Mother 3 asap. Just give it to people and let the hype and its reputation carry it.
Remake Mother 1 if you want and if you really want your shekels, remake 2 and 3 as well. The dev time will allow for a fandom to grow.
Reggie promised Mother 3 years ago the same time he promised new Metroid, before we even knew Metroid Prime 4 was in development.
Just. Fucking. Release. It.

Attached: 1533854725939.png (681x1022, 1.09M)

12 year olds aren’t going to buy pixels. 3D graphics are the only way they’re making good money off it. Maybe they’ll release the original a few months after the remake comes out to encourage a secondary purchase rather than “I’ll just buy the original since it’s cheaper”

Not a copyright expert but surely this is true. If they can already sell it as is on their own platform and use their own emulator, surely they're in the clear.
Doesnt remaking a game give you more legal leeway regarding copyright too?
And what is stopping them from buying the entire Mother series license?

Moar

Attached: 1543349037297.jpg (640x960, 138K)

Keep em coming

I just hate the funcopop "style", it doesn't suit zelda.

And I don't even hate WW link.

>remake earthbound
stopped reading right there
0/10 not convincing

>Link’s Awakening is selling like dogshit based on what I’ve seen on Yea Forums
Remember: Always believe the OPPOSITE of what Yea Forums cries and whines about.
Also HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

This game is a fucking disgrace, and it serves very well to expose how retarded Nincels actually are. They are literally ready to eat shit as long as someone sticks the Zelda name on it.

And some people say the Legend of Belda argument is not true...

>3D graphics
If he's telling the truth they're probably going to aim for the clay look and let me tell you 12 year olds aren't going to buy something with this aesthetic.
I don't understand how companies think the risk of dropping millions to remake something from the ground up is a better option than releasing something (supposedly) already complete that they've sat on for years. The pro of releasing now is you get instant funds from the hardcores and curious and can then fund your goddamn remake.
Every day they wait they lose a sale of Mother 3 to someone going to emulate the fan translation because Nintendo is taking way too long.

Attached: KumatoraClay.png (600x700, 277K)

I love WW link, seeing them do this to what is possibly my favorite Zelda game in terms of atmosphere is depressing though.

Attached: 1534825126038.png (500x800, 146K)

Attached: HIRE THIS FUCKING MAN NINTENDO.jpg (640x854, 88K)

Attached: 1533858836473.png (655x903, 321K)

Attached: 1534827362705.png (625x627, 131K)

Attached: 1552104347242.jpg (1074x1133, 415K)

Attached: 1543347055123.png (732x900, 177K)

I think the plastic shading ruins everything, makes the shit feel like playing with toys instead of immersing me in any way

WOAH, it's like mario, but real, so good...

Kumatora is actually a Magypsie. So she’s actually a teenage trap.

And a lastly cute one. The rest I have are too lewd.

Attached: 1533865819490.jpg (720x635, 49K)

Link me to the good lewd user I need it

hey
can you post more noill
thx

No.

Attached: 1534889138204.png (297x322, 165K)

Pls

:(

hours to complete
lol you mean 5

That's not noill though, that's inkerton

No. I'll post only cute and you'll enjoy it.

Attached: 1548461314643.png (483x505, 71K)

I don't want more funko pop games

Attached: file.png (500x500, 467K)

Why is zoomers your go to scapegoat all of a sudden?
Some Zelda fans have been bitching for this since WW came out, that they are not getting a hyper realistic MM2 were they can be Fierce Deity Link and slay realistic likes likes with blood and gore everywhere.

I simply can't get over how awful this game looks.

realism was a mistake

It's not just Earthbound, they never re-released Mother 3 for specifically this reason. There is too much turd mixed with these games. Fans can make a better game anyways.

Nostalgia isn't an aesthetic dumb switchtard numale

oh no no no no pc-chads are laughing at us, sonybro!

Remember early X360 games that were BLOoOoOM galore? Nintendo kept it simple and proven that gen, and now that others perfected post-processing for them they are glad to use it in a tasteful and mature way.

from what I see in those screenshots the shininess is just high amounts of specular on materials, not bloom. If you want bloom, nintendo already overused it in wind waker hd

It looks childish because it's made for kids.

Attached: linkle_inquisitive.webm (480x700, 3M)

Bad* artstyle

Attached: Mansion-remake-comparison.jpg (640x692, 124K)

What is the source for your webm, friend?

Earthbound fans are retarded autists. If nintendo rereleases it itll be in such a way where youll have to buy an overpriced console with a mandatory subscription service then a gold membership status to unlock the 200 dollar definitive earthbound that comes wrapped in the nauseating scratch and sniff from the ad. And all the earthbound fans will lap it up without hesitation

>ubishit routinely runs like trash on high end machine and consoles
>PS4 iconic game is still silky smooth 40 fps with dips
>Xbox is awol since that pirate game nobody plays
>PC major release this year is BAD ASS that can't even run well on 3000$ rig
It's bad time for optimization globally.

>Pupils change color due to shitty lighting

I do like the game, but it's pretty sad how the framerate chugs in places- most notoriously the swamp.
Anyway I hope they can finagle it with Capcom to remake the Oracles (preferable on one cart). I also like the idea of them remaking EarthBound with a claymation aesthetic.

Attached: 05E844E2D.jpg (704x1575, 163K)

I want to pull off the top part of the tree, if it's attached with a peg I'd put another tree on top of it and call it giga tree

Nintendo makes games for boys AND girls. This art style is made to appeal to girls, same with Yoshi's crafted world and Captain Toad.

kreamu

how come they made link look like a garden gnome?

why is he so shiny

I think it's a bit baffling really why Sony and Microsoft don't try to compete in that department. Girl gamers love Pokemon and Animal Crossing, not stronk womyn action female protagonists that MS and Sony try to push. If Microsoft made Rare churn out new Viva Pinata, they would instantly get more female customers.

subtitling a game [name]'s revenge is more alienating, it implies you need to know what happened before more than just being numbered

but they did re-release mother 3, on the wii u virtual console.

That style fits mother better than Link's Awakening though.

Nintendo could sell you a literal bag of shit and you would still argue that the shit has a great artstyle. This remake has the most garbage artstyle one could think of

I actually preferres top. Bottom looks like it's an asset swap GTA clone. It's possibly not. But at first glance it looks prefer drab. There's hardly any art sense in it.

Kill yourself and stop leeching off your poor mother.

Attached: gladium BTFO.png (2713x1221, 2.79M)

jap companies never ever hire gaijins. At least not for the final artstyle.

That's some pretty shitty art style.

Soul
Soulless

The style is fine, I think it's the best route to take while keeping the gameplay gridded to match the original, everything is in the same place including where you dig stuff up.
The performance, however, is trash. There's no excuse. I like the remake, but I'll never get used to that. Every transition or even where the screen may have transitioned in the GB game is met with major frame drops. Imagine if you were playing BOTW but every time Link walked ten feet anywhere int he world it was like walking through Korok Forest, except double that because LA is dropping from 60 to sub-30 as opposed to just 30 to sub-30.
Game should just be locked to 30 if they didn't want to bother optimizing it. On top of all of the frame drops, there's also a fucking dynamic resolution, you see the environment change quality constantly, especially when talking to NPCs for god knows what reason. Like the game is practically rendering a Pixar movie just to draw a text box.

>I think it's the best route to take while keeping the gameplay gridded to match the original
Should have partnered with Vanillaware or gotten the Wario guys to remake the whole thing with HD sprites.

Attached: 1367239551099.jpg (3500x3889, 2.57M)

Thank you for reminding me to filter you on my second PC
Now kill yourself, you walking garbage

I fucking hate Vanillaware style. Wario style would be nice though.

Really?
Vanillaware could have rendered the whole thing in the style of the game's anime opening. I like the idea of it being done with Wario: Shake It sort of HD sprites, but of the two I'd err towards George Kamitani's style.

Attached: 12c55b232c3e90091fc0655f43384616.jpg (706x1000, 331K)

In still Vanillaware and even some animation loops, it looks great. But in gameplay, it just doesn't work well in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, there's some talent there. The Sorceress's walk cycle with her big floppy titties and flowing robe is arguably a masterpiece in animation, but as soon as I see it in game, it clashes with shit and doesn't seem to transition into other animations well.

>People really think Nintendo can release Mother 3 in 20 and fucking 19 without getting roasted alive by Twitter
They would have to change so much about the magypsies alone it would fuck up the entire story. It won't ever happen man.

easy mode has apples?

>10 hours
got through it in 4 hours at my friends palce

Most people don't rush through games the first time.

The gamecube was a fantastic console though and a lot of games looked better on it

N64 was an absolute joy to play, you cold pissing cunt.