UNIST Thread

I got what you need

Attached: SOKOKA.jpg (800x450, 147K)

Pass is vee

UNI-CLR changes time. Keep in mind that these are the most noticeable changes and frame-data testing proved to be difficult because it was a Vs. Mode with no rematch options that could be selected and we needed to wait for CS to gain meter. So, it was just new moves that we’ll go over while we’ll let the actual data monsters post their findings later
First off, you can now set-buttons in Character Select. Character Select is still symmetrical and Londrekia is smack dab in the middle of the bottom column below the new Random Select button. I hope this doesn’t mean he’s the only character addition unless they work in another appealing shape. Only the original 11 were selectable. Unknown Actors is selectable song, as well is Mute
Everyone has five new universal colors. Betrayer of Savior and Night Caliber (iirc) are the best ones by unanimous decision.
Chain Shift now has the opponent briefly covered in a red aura if they’re in a punishable state when you activate CS. Chain Shift meter gain SPEED seems to have been slowed down too.
Onto character new moves and slight observations, categorized from small changes to big changes
Also, there was an Aksys rep there who didn't let anyone take photos or videos. I was about to tell him about the shitty translation and proofreading quality but apparently his team wasn't involved with that

Attached: EE_dDC9U4AUlprh.jpg orig.jpg (631x631, 74K)

>Small Changes
Hyde only gets 236x~C insofar as new moves. As the input suggests and as we already guessed, it is an EX follow-up to an orbiter already in flight. Alternative input is (646C) forward back forward or back forward back (464C), forget which one. Only combos off of counter-hit but the purpose of the super seems catered towards calling people out full-screen. Sion-tier damage conversion with around 3.6k off of it. UPDATE: 5A is apparently has a bigger hitbox and Laser can be combo’d always with 66C
Small note, the 66C > 22A double side-switch seems to be patched out

Gordeau gets the follow-up to Grim Reaper that hard knockdowns. Cannot be delayed or combo’d after without using CS or meter. 214A seems to have its range nerfed. Gord’s FF however is permanently in Vorpal State range while the start-up is consistent in and out of vorpal.

Yuzu’s new Izayoi dash-attack is done off of FF. It needs you to press Light just before the FF slash comes out. Seems incredibly safe and you’re still in stance. 4B IS FINALLY NERFED and swipes away a projectile but doesn’t suck people in from half-screen away but is special cancellable. Stance-move frame data not tested all too extensively

Orie gets a C follow-up to 214A sequence where it basically does 214C’s Oblique Edge upwards. Unsafe on block. Can FF cancel out of specials in the air. Apparently 5B got buffed?

Attached: EE_nwITVAAA_Rie.jpg orig.jpg (1024x424, 88K)

Press F to pay respects

Attached: 1549440773797.png (600x723, 197K)

>Medium
Carmine now has 4B which sends a small pinwheel up diagonally like Nanase fireball 6B’d. Can either hold up or down to changes its trajectory obliquely upwards or straight before angling upwards. Drops a puddle immediately afterwards and unless you hold up 4B, it will almost definitely land BEHIND the opponent. Due to this, his FF’s puddle move speed is slower. Carmine also gets jBB in the air like Nanase does.

Wald can now IC his 5C and FF. 5[C] moves him SLIGHTLY forward than his normal 5C while [FF] throws a rock that will guarantee a wallbounce regardless of Vorpal. Keep in mind that Wald FF is two hits and only the second part where he throws the rock is IC’d instead of the animation where he lifts his arms. Unfortunately, his command grab still resets him the same distance in [st]. B and EX Command grab range seems to have been buffed while all command grabs have increased damage. Follow-up to 236x where the follow-up vacuums people back in. Not able to be combo’d out of without resources.

Merk has access to a backfly where he does a slight hop-back during flight and has full air-action aftwards. It’s an air back-dash. FF GRD drain nerfed. New IC moves are 236[B] where it wallbounces and is basically a non-metered 236C. Also has 22[B] which places a worm that takes a bit longer to activate but moves way faster. The smackdown in 22[B] itself does not hit. 214A hits airborne opponents

Hilda now has follow-ups to j236x only where she can fire off skewers in the air and immediately teleport back down or elsewhere. Has new 44 air motion where she disappears and reappears hanging in the air for a bit.

Attached: EFAPxSMUEAAJZUz.jpg orig.jpg (1324x2048, 570K)

>Large
Linne gets two new moves. j236[x] that’s plus on block as well as j63214x overhead. Overhead seems unpunishable on A version, someone said it might be plus. Can be combo’d after. Can now assault off of air-kuugas and gets this shadowy after-image effect when she does it.

Vatista has new move, 2A+B that guard-points anything that isn’t a low and allows her to special cancel immediately into other specials. New input 2BBB where she flings out her 2B like a yo-yo and drags people back in. UPDATE: B drill is slower

Seth has access to a new move in the trailer, j623x which has him enter the start-up of his 214x animations before he 623x in the air. J623A seems ridiculously fast and he is still able to have air action afterwards, which lets him set-up orbs in the hair higher than we’re already used to. Has a new Fast-Fall followup. Holding forward and a button gave you a kick which was added in [st] but now holding back and a button gives you an immediate blink to the opposite side like 214x~A.

Attached: EDxCOTaUEAMagMT.jpg orig.jpg (768x1121, 107K)

Also, even if the OP image's screenshot was Vatista fireball, her new barrier ability has that exact pose and animation

this crow/dneco ft10 is heat

Attached: 1531112480258.jpg (1014x720, 163K)

>Seth gets more cancelable followups to his cancelable teleport nonsense
why

Attached: 1563678175821.png (225x234, 85K)

Clearly he wasn't winning enough tournaments

Attached: 1395733752097.jpg (462x462, 48K)

kw: pclobby
Gord deserved better than what that demo showed. that FF increase wasnt enough

Attached: 1519003932793.jpg (609x610, 78K)

blame it on the resident cannibal spoderman.

Edit: merk 214A doesn't hit airborne opponents, it always hits opponents in hitstun regardless if they're airborne or grounded. Will not anti air normally. Also Merk can now adjust his fall trajectory after he does air fireball, he can choose to fall forwards or backwards after the fireball. His 2B was nerfed it no longer vacuums on whiff/block only on hit.

Attached: D9NEKgnXkAE_q2r.jpg (1199x776, 216K)

>His 2B was nerfed it no longer vacuums on whiff/block only on hit.
The time of reckoning has come

My grounded pressure is trash in exchange for seth orb mix. This is an okay trade

>Yuzu 4B nerf
One of the best things I've heard today.

Attached: Elt Flustered.png (342x630, 242K)

It took them 7 years to make Merk's flight a bit more natural to his character than him being a god at biting your ankles

Attached: DsehalpUcAAUicg.jpg orig.jpg (3000x3419, 821K)

I'll be sure to spam it as much as possible in the following months for as long as I can

ggs hippie, it was fun to play again after so long
look forward to next time and getting hit with the cheap shit LTP does that I'm in the process of implementing

Attached: 1557197565715.png (1280x720, 985K)

miller was also saying that he felt linne FF start up was much faster. Also Orie can FF backwards

Attached: D4XkpsAUwAA1-Pt.jpg (1200x850, 173K)

I remember hearing about the FF part but not about Orie's FF-back.

Why would you give Seth literally anything. He should be losing things.

>Those Seth changes
Wait a second, that's fucking terrifying. I already don't know what he's gonna do.

Attached: Aoko 2.png (914x939, 908K)

New protagonist privileges

Attached: D0aVQVZUYAACgQf.jpg orig.jpg (819x1341, 309K)

Holy shit I actually have bars with Dash

Maybe the strategy is to make Seth so complex that even Seth players get overwhelmed by his sheer number of options and subsequently kill themselves.

He's designed with unblockables INTENTIONALLY. There was never any chance for him to get nerfed.

Attached: 1550567042027.png (351x405, 70K)

I've fixed my connection, so now you just have to deal with the normal amount of online jank with me. Also, where's the Wag info?

OG UNI lineup only you'll get your buff indicators and like it

Read

Attached: so cute.jpg (144x191, 28K)

There's a video?

Frame 1 guard point or I riot.

I can finally play you!

she wasn't in the build dumbass, only UNIB characters were playable.

No, I mentioned how the original 11 where the ones playable in the demo

>Also, there was an Aksys rep there who didn't let anyone take photos or videos. I was about to tell him about the shitty translation and proofreading quality but apparently his team wasn't involved with that
Did Linne speak in semicolons in the demo build?

And now I remember I don't like playing against Wagner players in lag

>finally got to play lamp
Nice, but also fug yuzu.

Oh, I guess I glossed over that part.

Eltnum and Akatsuki playable at CEOtaku, right?

Attached: Elt (3).jpg (554x1245, 237K)

Attached: 1519462094451.jpg (800x723, 334K)

Depends how fast they work

Attached: Djnp0LYUUAAgbRF.jpg orig.jpg (1400x1400, 201K)

Actually wait, taku is this week.
Fat fucking chance. Maybe if they had a demo at an event in December or January I'd understand more characters but not in 7 days

No, I asked the Aksys rep and he said Ceotaku would have the same build.

Shit. Oh well, just gotta be patient. That said, I'm actually more interested in what their changes to Mika and Enkidu are gonna be.

>constantly dropping confirms
Fug me, guess this is what I get for not training much. Or maybe I'm just not use to "normal" online lag.

GGs
Bring whatever you got against me

I fully expect mika to stay bottom 3 as they won't give her the range buffs she needs but maybe she'll get one new useful move. Enkidu really justs needs some QoL adjustments on his hitboxes and frame data and he should be good to go. That said, I still want him to get a command grab

Attached: D_s4O7nX4AIGv0_.jpg (842x631, 110K)

reminder hyde is midtier

Aren't the tiers in this game arbitrary?

Are these leaks or something or is the game out already?

So will [cl-r] be sold as a different game, or as an update to [st] like Rev2 to Rev?

Oh yeah, that purple claw effect on Gord 214A definitely got smaller.

UNICLR had a playable demo
Nobody knows.
Although when I harken back to the evo trailer, they did say "4th clause" so it might be a new game

Can I get another shot? This time I'ma make it hot

>fixed my connection
I'll see it when I believe it. Dash, right?

ggs melk, it was fun to play you after a long while

Attached: kFOZLrz5mQfjChOjgMO4DV5d9GdFEEEFixrkbaQu6Dg.jpg (1024x721, 105K)

Ah, it really is an OS

ggs Spoon. Nice to see you again too my friend.. I've been busy with work and now school so I haven't had much opportunity to do much but play single player games and mess around with Rev2 occasionally.

Well I'll be. I can finally play you again. Looking forward to it!

Attached: 1566817347777.jpg (660x608, 71K)

pclobby gone?

Yes

>1bar
Sai, have you not fixed your own yet?

Dash, your connection is TRASH

Started pclobby if youre still there

>the ninja gets even more tricks in his toolbox
>mfw

Attached: angry hilda and bemused chaos gord.png (600x451, 107K)

Guess I should ask Dash what he did to fix his situation.

Last time I linked my router, it was frowned upon for being a hybrid modem?

Also, it's not usually that bad right? Could be an outside force effecting it.

is this a pokemon edit

What else do you guy want from me? This is as good as I can get it. High speed internet and an ethernet cable connection. Is that not the standard for online? Also, aren't most of you far away?

Man I'm so excited to try out those Wald changes

>what he did to fix his situation.
Turned out my family has been adding more and more devices to our modem's wifi. At least, after changing the password and kicking out a lot of other devices I've managed to get it back to NAT2.

I'm still new to fighting games, so I'm just thinking whether I should get the game now or wait for the next version.

I just remembered something else hippie missed. Wald 5[C] is air blockable and only special cancel-able, you can't rebeat it.

If it means anything, it's on sale for 15 bucks on PSN.

yes.

the actual release date hasn't been announced yet, all we know is that it will be "early 2020" if you don't mind waiting 6 months, I would just wait for the new version.

>7 Frames
I dont think Im downloading anything

Gotta remember the range increase on that FF. Fun fight.

You normally don't want to use FF without vorpal

It's $15, why wait?

I'm a PC player. Also the multiplayer seems to be dead on Steam.

Makes sense to me. I've seen it work well as an anti-air option but the range is pretty mediocre outside of vorpal and it can come out alittle slow for close-range contact.

It's still gonna be good. Hell, it seems like it'll be better with the special cancel.

my only concern is we still haven't recieved confirmation if it's an update or a whole new game. Would suck if you had to pay another 60$ instead of the cheaper update cost and the cost for UNIST

You don't play niche anime games for the random match-making, you play with dedicated communities like this thread.

You have people playing in these threads practically every night. And how can you say multiplayer is dead when you don't have the game

Do you mean because of Steamcharts? Because there's still a fair amount of people hopping on in these lobbies.

>10 frames in both games
>slow down with random players in ranked.
Not my night. Guess that's it for me. GGs, PC Lobby. Sorry about the laggy games.

It depends on whether you get the stance specials or just normal specials. And no more invincibility means it loses to multi-hitting projectiles like Hyde's EX orbiter

It's going to be a new game. Why does any one think it's going to be an update?

Probably because most fighting games are moving away from that kind of model?

>Wald 5[C] is air blockable
This makes me more angry than it probably should but the fact that his grabs now actually extend to the tips of his claws makes it way better. It seems the fight to win vorpal is pushed significantly harder with all these changes.

people are still surprised when new games cost $60 on release even though that's been standard for over 20 years

update like GG Rev to Rev 2 which are "different" games but you could just buy the update which cost a fraction of buying a whole new game. That's the kind of update I'm hoping for but I doubt it

Yeah I judged it too quickly, my bad. Also I take it there's no crossplay between ps4 and pc?

I think the only ones with that model are the ones who can afford to do it.

nope, crossplay is only between ps3 and ps4

No crossplay.

My opinion is that the only thing they're advertising with uni-clr are the balance changes and lond. That alone can be a patch.
Unless they're adding new story mode shit and updated mission modes then it can be a full game on its own. 60 bucks for only just a balance patch and new characters doesn't seem right.
I mean, the jump from uniel to [st[ was pretty significant

Welp I didnt absolutely shut down when playing against Vatista

Not currently (except PS3 and PS4), but if a small studio that also builds budget games for a living (the dudes behind Power Rangers Battle for the Grid) can do it, then certainly it's not outside of the realm of possibility for ArcSys to start working on that (since they're the ones in charge of the game's online) for the next title.

That would imply they're updating the ps3 and vita version but they've made no mention of either console.

Not him but the platform listings listed on Aksys' website for it make me lean more towards a new game entirely. It's still possible a patch could happen and only those platforms are receiving physical releases or something, but the possibility is low.

I don't think they'd lose much from completely dropping vita anyway

the trailer doesn't mention *any* platform iirc, everyone's just going off that old ratings board info

ps4 and switch version have been confirmed I believe.

They've announced ps4 and switch. Nothing about ps3, vita or even PC.

The aksys site also has a preorder form for PS4/Switch for $40

$40? Sounds like Super Street Fighter IV when that released IIRC.

[st] was $40 was it not?

That was a heck of alot of damage to combo off of IW like that.

>I fully expect mika to stay bottom 3 as they won't give her the range buffs she needs but maybe she'll get one new useful move.

Attached: 1557892664647.png (427x559, 307K)

Can't wait for them new pre-order bonuses
The game was never really 60 bucks.
Although I do vaguely remember 5.9k yen on japanese PSN. Even got [st] on amazon for like 45

Attached: DFeiC1EUQAE-IlQ.jpg orig.jpg (2048x1536, 671K)

$50 according to my Amazon purchase. Got it for alittle over $40 with the discount while they were still matching Best Buy GCU until both companies canceled out.

Right, but a slight discount on a game update sounds like a similar practice. Perhaps because they aren't going with a full on sequel and mostly just doing system and character balance changes? Would make sense to me.

Then again, SSFIV added a fair amount of new characters.

Is that wagner art official?

Yes

no they just printed random stuff they got off twitter and sold it as a preorder bonus

All of it is official art.
They're preorder bonuses

Attached: DGMO0A5UMAAenhy.jpg large.jpg (1152x2048, 420K)

>check Hyde first and then Wagner
ah shit, do I have the gay now?

Attached: 1526841437602.gif (268x215, 728K)

>Apparently 5B got buffed?

something about characters not being able to low profile 5b I think. Some orie made a big deal about it hitting a crouching seth iirc but if very possible that I'm not remembering correctly

It's only speculation but from the trailer it looked like they changed her fd on 66C and made j.623x similar in knockdown to the original move. People are also saying her attacks in general appeared faster so maybe having such stubby attacks won't be as terrible anymore.

Jesus I am exceptionally bad tonight. May call it early

ggs pc lobby
haven't seen melk in a while so it's a breath of fresh air to fight vatista in the ocean of mikas

yeah it hits crouchers at max range making comboing with it much more consistent.

GGs Enkidu bro and ryubri(I think?). Fun times and all that stuff.
I'm off to bed and hopefully I'll see you guys in the pc lobbies later.

Don't worry lad, know that you aren't alone on that front right now.Just gotta take the losses as they come but if it's really eating at you, taking a break for the night will probably do ya good.

That or switch lobbies if you double dip to try your luck on the other side of things.

Also, PC Lobby sounds quite active right now eh?

Wish I had a chance to face you and your Vat, but the internet decided to be ornery tonight. It's been a long while since last seeing you.

GGs been so long since I played a Vatista so that was refreshing
GGs

Is the artwork for the rest of these anywhere online? I could only find thumbnails with SAMPLE watermarks for everything but the Phonon & Nanase one.

Attached: 1553617610350.png (1000x1414, 986K)

Highres?
You expect too much from the japs, they never upload that shit ever

Attached: Hyde and Seth.jpg (1280x904, 305K)

Whew, that was a nice comeback from Clawz. Scary stuff in the corner.

>betrayer of savior and night caliber are the best ones by a unanimous decision
anyone know what color combination these new colors are

Yeah, I can recall them.
Betray of Savior is grey-whitish hair, brown skin, and yellow accents. Hilda basically becomes MVC2 storm.
The actual name that I just remembered, Royal Caliber, is light purple, pink, and white.

Knight Calibur was a pastel pink purple white combo which was merks best color for sure. Betrayal of Savior was the dark skin color I believe, it was a tannish dark skin, Light violet white I think? The new colors are all so good.

whoops yeah it was Royal Calibur

>universal palettes
think they'll strip them out of the release version as DLC and do per character new colors or are they getting lazy and this is all we get?

Hard to say. The DLC colors that are present in [st] were part of the base color selection.

I think they'll be included, I don't see why they would have put them in the the demo version if that was the case.
In [st] demo's?

uniclr's demo had the purchasable DLC colors for [st] available from the get go

oh, that. I wouldn't be suprised if those were also included on release as well. If we're only getting one new character, the colors better be free.

Here's to hoping that most of the cast is playable at ArcRevo in November.
By the way, did they show any gameplay off for Ice Boy?

Attached: Elt (44).jpg (1230x1582, 781K)

>needing new characters when you'll just play your old main anyway

My guy, you have to read. Lond wasn't even selectable

I didn't ask if he was, I asked if any gameplay was shown.

>merk gets an air backdash

I cant wait for the sick byak buffs that will save me from that hell

Attached: spooked.gif (480x264, 1.86M)

You wish. the only thing we're getting is nerfs.

None. All we had was the playable demo set-up

Meter gain on CS seems to have slowed down, which means your little gay dance into 623C probably won't be that automatic anymore

Say goodbye to your meter gain spider boy

I mean i don't need to put you into webs to beat you, i fuck the web setup most of the time anyway.

get your bad vibes out the room, man. you gotta believe in the buffs to get them

CS meter gain was slowed? if its the same amount of meter, then it doesnt really matter right? wasnt the grd cycle itself made faster too?

either way im gonna meditate on the best options without meter, i can live with all that as long as i get sick BUFFZ in neutral

I'm saying the 236A first hit into 623C won't be as easy to do unless you already had meter in the first place

Unless they significantly reduce his meter gain from combos he'll have meter more often than not anyway. Byak players try to justify it by saying he has to win neutral twice to start his web game but that's a lod of horse shit because you get meter from blocking and taking hits so all he has to do is take his turn back once and it's into the grinder.

I've made it quite clear that I'm going to switch to Lond, he looks very fun.

Oh yeah, it's Monday morning so I'll have to close-up shop early.
Someone else make prepare to make another lobby.

Oh thats what you meant. I wonder about that. I've always felt like when I use CS to push me above a hundred meter, it lets me pop the super even before the bar actually reads above 100. but i might just have been seeing what i wanted to see, if a slower meter gain from cs stops that then oh well

i dont need to justify anything, its a strength of the character and i know they wont touch it
im ready for the buffs

I'll take that close fight and be on my way then. GGs PS Lobby!

Had a pretty rocky night for performance but as always, it's all fun times! See ya all next night! (Glad that I can connect to lobbies while Dash is around too now so I can do more hopping between PS and PC).

I'd volunteer but I've gotta make up for missed gym time on account of taking a longer break than usual for going at it too hard. Hopefully someone else is down to host.

Attached: linne61.jpg (655x1200, 202K)

Neat worm shit in the corner sei
I remember seeing a twitter video about that. Multiple air-fireballs in a combo was crow's thing too irrc

So who is good to watch for Seth gameplay? I still know nothing about how to fight him and need to learn already.

Attached: Thonking.png (191x213, 62K)

Tsushima, Serosero, Oshuhittou

Is Vat's new stance guard point frame 1 or does it have a startup?

It has start-up

I like watching Crows Merk more than Ryusei's either way ggs lads.

Attached: sleepymerk.png (582x582, 256K)

GGs

GGs everyone

Attached: EBEoV1EUIAA3rr6.jpg orig.jpg (1280x853, 152K)

GGs everybody

Attached: 1565458520704.png (933x1000, 1.3M)

GGs, anyone gonna make a 2nd lobby or is everyone wrapped up?

>214A seems to have its range nerfed
does it hit behind him now? the range was already embarrassingly terrible

That hilda stuff looks fun.

Also my store is being gay and moving most of the night shift people to days instead of hiring. I get to stay and I get my weekends back, but I'll only be able to play sundays starting october

Attached: 1552021630952.gif (500x281, 646K)