This was embarrassing

This was embarrassing

Attached: LostWorldWriting.png (1215x685, 939K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mqHxGoFERZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's what happens when you hire the Happy Tree Friends writers. Getting rid of them would be a good step forward for the Sonic series.

I would say it would be better to replace them with ian but he's not very interesting when he doesn't have a foundation set already

Ian, at the very least, would be better than what we have.

Sonic would be better off if it only had cutscenes like those in 3&K and Mania.

Attached: 1454936972379.jpg (403x403, 31K)

Yeah, Cutscenes in Sonic should only exist to show you a transition to the next stage.

SEGA shouldn't even bother trying to waste time with this bullshit since they clearly can't and nobody cares enough to see them try. Spend more dev on ironing out the gameplay.

But Sonic Adventure 2 is kino as fuck

>kino
Your opinion is irrelevant.

Not really, I like cheesy cutscenes that take themselves too seriously

Imagine being a grown adult who gets embarrassed at video games.

just replace the english "writers" with the least smarmy localization editors you can find

I'd rather have the Sonic franchise be edgy cringe than be filled with unfunny shit like "Baldy McNosehair". At least I can find humor in how hard it tries

Fuck off boomer
youtu.be/mqHxGoFERZw

Attached: sonicboomers.png (900x700, 677K)

This. Shadow The Hedgehog is one of my favourite games of all time because of this. Bring back the edgy backstories, bring back the stupidly evil villains, bring back G.U.N., and please make Team Dark relevant again.

That image makes no sense.

people that still unironically call him "robotnik" are peak insufferable boomer. it's like dobson getting mad at link's hair color.

Japanese led Sonic vs. American led Sonic

or rather, "Western" led.

Also, damn the first 3 seasons of Sonic For Hire were actually funny. The rest was ass.

Boomer sonic fans are almost as bad as the autistic zoomer ones. Both fail to appreciate the series properly.

>video that explains how Sonic doesn't need a story in the same category as media/games that feature Sonic with a story

That's why I also included examples of classic kino on the top

That's the mindset people have with the games, but when it comes to other, more story-driven mediums like cartoons and comics, it makes sense that those same people would be more lenient.

This level was the peak of 3D Sonic, it all went downhill at the speed of sound from there

Attached: images you can hear.png (1280x719, 1.36M)

>That's the mindset people have with the games
Then why is it in the same category as Colors

because Colors didn't focus much on a story at all. Sonic and Tails stop Eggman in space, that's it.

>linear level filled with setpieces
>peak of 3D Sonic
How very sad.

Because those types of people appreciated Colors and all future games for prioritizing """"""""""humor"""""""""" over an actual story

>because Colors didn't focus much on a story at all
Then why did you include a picture of it specifically and not games like the classic trilogy which also lack a focus on narrative.
>Because those types of people appreciated Colors and all future games for prioritizing """"""""""humor"""""""""" over an actual story
But as far as that video is concerned there shouldn't be any narrative elements at all. Also Forces didn't prioritize humor over anything.

Yeah, ironically Sonic's level design became more linear when it jumped to 3D. Also, speaking of set pieces, I love how every Sonic game has to recreate the Killer Whale moment from Adventure in the first level of every Sonic game since

>Then why did you include a picture of it specifically
because it's a picture of Sonic making a shitty joke. That was the bigger point than just having Colors represented as a whole the same way the top half of the image did with the other games.

I WANT to argue that I hate the hallway design and linearity of Modern Sonic games, but fuck me, I don't have fun exploring for those Red Rings either.

>but fuck me, I don't have fun exploring for those Red Rings either
Why would you complain when they're optional.

>because it's a picture of Sonic making a shitty joke
I don't think someone who would make a video about Sonic needing to stop with shitty stories would appreciate a shitty joke, user.

The image is meant to shit on people who have the bottom-half's mindset.

But someone who doesn't like stories in Sonic (in the bottom half) would like classic Sonic (in the upper half).

The upper half is specifying Japanese-drawn Sonic (CD Intro and the Japanese box art Sonic). Bottom half is specifying American-drawn Sonic (American cartoon and American boxart Sonic). It's not meant to represent Classic Sonic as a whole.

Also, I didn't make that image.

What would someone who's against stories in Sonic have against Japanese Sonic? Or Heroes, which had barely any narrative focus?
>Also, I didn't make that image.
No one claimed you did, yet you're still here defending it.