At what point did you realize it was GOTY?

At what point did you realize it was GOTY?

Attached: 562277-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U0YFI-fqytM
youtube.com/watch?v=DZKsdWfUu_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wqAYMZSOQao
youtube.com/watch?v=CacdmLGLGSY
nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight
twitter.com/AnonBabble

game looks and is shit

Shitstained: Ritual of the Shit.

>It looks like shi-

Attached: Bloodstained guns.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

it looks like absolute shit, even worse than i remember

Attached: 1544932655360.jpg (276x277, 8K)

Attached: Not this year.gif (225x159, 392K)

>SOTN is my favorite game
>insta backed this
>anxiously awaited it
>stopped awaiting it after the fourth or so update on graphics when it became obvious that the game was never going to look acceptable
>comes out
>play it about 30 minutes
>absolutely cannot stand looking at it, one of the most visually unpleasant games of all time
>uninstall

For this game to ever be anything, they need to open it to modding and let the community fix literally the entire game.

That's now Call of Duty

>literally

COMPLETE. UTTER. SHIT.

I'm playing it on the Switch and I like it.

You fags can hate it, for me it was the first game I actually enjoyed in a LONG time.

simon belmont zombie is in the game? thats cool

its great. weapons are great. lost of shards to use

this, god damn i can't believe i actually funded the game and actually believed for 4 years that they'd actually deliver.

it's not even a bad game, it's just mediocre and ugly as shit.
the fact that this is all they were able to make after millions of dollars and 4 years of development is nothing short of fucking embarrassing

Not my GotY but it's in my top 3 of the year.

I liked it.

Was it the first game you've played since 2008?

When it kept crashing.

They don't even hate it. This is Yea Forums we're talking about. No matter what game it is, there's always some edgelord who'll say it sucks

>People are STILL pushing the 'it's ugly' meme

Attached: 20190619172327_1.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

youtu.be/U0YFI-fqytM
this stage bgm

Is any new patch or content out yet?

Inferior to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=DZKsdWfUu_Y

Because it's still ugly.

>It's ugl-

Attached: bloodstainedritualbanner.jpg (2400x1256, 164K)

yeah, because it's ugly. it's hideous. dunno what you think that screeenshot is showing other than a bunch of mismatched shit, the exact problem with the game

>People are STILL pushing the 'it's ugly' meme
not sure if you're baiting or actually blind because that screenshot isn't doing you any favors

and bloodstained is UGLY, it's not a meme it's a fact

nope, and the switch version still isn't patched either

yes, that's ugly. it's hideous. the contrast is way too high and the best thing you can cherrypick is a room they spent tons of extra time on because it's reused dozens of times in the game?

Name a better looking 2.5D game.

Attached: bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-how-to-open-underwater-chests_feature.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

I can't play this on my PC, I launch game from steam and I just get a black screen and I'm forced to restart my PC

the save room is the ONE passable room in the whole game, meanwhile 99% of the game looks like absolute shit

too easy to be it for me, then again I've played so many castlevania games i already know what's broken by design and all that shit

>nope
Fuck, how much time they need to even put out a single new character? 4 years like those shitter that made Shovel Knight?
I bet Silksong will be out before any Bloodstained update and before the last Shovel Knight DLC.

>the best looking room in the game still looks bad

You want like a list or just one?
Cause Trine 2 off the top of my head looks better.

Shovel Knight is pure quality, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=wqAYMZSOQao

>random specular lighting just thrown onto ground surfaces and left how it hits, no rhyme or reason, no design behind it

ugh

>At what point did you realize it was GOTY?
When I realized that Iga finally listened to the true Castlevania fans and made a 2D Castlevania for consoles (in 3D but functions the same). I went from a modded Dawn of Sorrow (to have the proper artwork put into it instead of anime garbage) after running through Aria and Harmony before that. Immediately I bought and played Bloodstained and it was like nothing changed, which is EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED.

Miriam is a fusion of Shanoa and Soma, making her perfect, and Zangetsu is straight up Samurai Belmont, which was amazing. The music was good, aesthetic great, that mechanic where you run along cielings was done so well I actually got a headache the first couple times I tried it because it felt like I was hanging upside down. There's a crafting system but, unlike Curse of Darkness, we have NG+ so I can play the game with my Blue Rose properly-- also we got two versions of the Cissagrim which was fantastic.

Also the church is good guys again, like classic Castlevania. Good to see IGA didn't adopt trash from the Netflix abomination of a series.

The only bad thing about this is the motivation of the Alchemists. It's like a retard's version of Alan Moore's The Watchmen ending, where in order to stay relevant they pretended there would be a demonic invasion by summoning some demons and then, oops, we summoned all hell to break loose. QUICK! KILL THE KIDS!

I like that Miriam isn't alone, unlike Shanoa who I guess has a village to go back to but no real friend or lover. I like my heroes to have a really happy ending all neat with a bow, like Castlevania tradition. Johannes was paper thin and the dialogue kinda had an issue where the voice actor read a different line from the text but it was alright. Miriam has her Otacon/Mina in Johannes.

I want more. I want this to be the new Castlevania since we'll never get our Castle War game. New hero, though. Miriam's story is settled. How about have it be her descendant?

Attached: Miriam Bloodstained.png (2026x1540, 3.11M)

>from the Netflix abomination of a series.

that series was dank as fuck. try having your own opinions instead of regurgitating /pol/ shit without having any perspective on the world you have built naturally and instead having Yea Forums nazis build it for you.

the depiction of dracula as a depressed sympathetic character was brilliant

I don't understand what you people wanted from this game visually. It was colorful, had a gothic aesthetic overall and had some decent variation in the enemies (more recolors than I would've wanted from a Castlevania successor and Shovel Knight and Backer Portraits really help shake-n-break my immersion hard).

Visually, what would a better version look like?

>what would a better version look like?
Find a flaw.

Attached: 972927-r33.jpg (641x444, 77K)

Not even him, but something like this.

Attached: 1557548157654.gif (400x200, 3.55M)

Like how the game ended up looking also have heavy gameplay impacts.
Think about how fucking slow enemies are in RotN to respond to the player jumping around. Why is that? Because their 3d model needs an animation of physically turning 180 degrees. Older games didn't have that, because they were 2d and people are willing to accept things like that.

>I don't understand what you people wanted from this game visually

not random specular lighting vomited all over everything?

people who didnt gmae all through the dawn of 3d apparently cant understand how bad this looks or something?

depth is too high, contrast is too high, specular is off the charts, the game looks like garbage

the game is so ugly and devoid of any identity and character

Even in the small details it falls flat, for example past igavania's had unique death animations for every single enemy that made EVERY single kill so satisfying. every single ripoff in this game bursts into flames, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

>that series was dank as fuck.
>dank
>regurgitating /pol/
Get FUCKED you faggot. That series ruined Trevor's character, made the church the primary antagonists this side of Dracula, forgot to have Sypha be concealing her sex as a man, and wrote EVERYTHING WITH JOSS WHEADON STYLE QUIPS

THE FUCKING THING HAS PUNS AND QUIPS LIKE A FUCKING SITCOM

And Ellis used Castlevania to proselytize his Nine Inch Nails tier anti-Christian horseshit at the cost of totally rewriting the source material's lore, world and characters. Hector? He's a sissy with a hammer. Isaac? ISAAC IS BLACK FOR NO REASON! Carmilla? What does Carmilla have to do with absolutely anything aside from just being one of Dracula's cronies? That bitch should be lurking in the shadows of her victim/lover Laura and come out riding a skull. That's it.

>but what about "I'm killing my son"?
Moron this is Castlevania we're talking about. The best thing about the series is the story potential (which barely half is really given in-game). A weed-toked newborn with three braincells to spare could write at least a dozen good, touching moments with source material as rich as Castlevania.

Warren Ellis is a faggot. Music sucked. Writing was plagued with out-of-character quips. Inconsistent animation. Inconsistent characters. Pacing was abysmal. No respect for the source material whatsoever. Random black guy. Random bitter, drunk anti-religion Trevor. Random uppity babysitter bitch Sypha. Preaching (instead of Christian it's Atheist preaching, which both are unwelcome in a Castlevania adaptation), and all written by a guy who admitted to not only never playing the games but apparently did the bare minimum (read a wiki) research on the beloved material he was going to dump out.

NETFLIX: NOT EVEN ONCE

Attached: netflix.jpg (600x900, 101K)

>Get FUCKED you faggot. That series ruined Trevor's character, made the church the primary antagonists this side of Dracula, forgot to have Sypha be concealing her sex as a man, and wrote EVERYTHING WITH JOSS WHEADON STYLE QUIPS

why do you think a new series would be beholden to a video game from 30 years ago lol

thats like just such aspergers neckbeard thinking

my only problems with it
1. it did not have DA NASTY and they combined him into trevor
2. whip called morning star instead of vampire killer (wasnt this actually in one of the US manuals or something?)
3. not enough action, too much plot
4. the voice actor for that red haried vampire guy what the fuck

I have never seen anyone more ass-blasted about about a two season animated show on a shitty streaming service.

What the fuck is this terrible reddit-spaced post?

Stop writing with question marks? At the end of your sentences? Like you're a 13yr old?

>depth is too high, contrast is too high, specular is off the charts
There you go. Proper specifics is all I wanted. Maybe I'm blind as a bat to what specifically you're talking about.

What's a good example of a 2D-style 3D sidescroller for console? We could use the comparison.

The only game I know of that has that kind of faux-2D 3D aesthetic is Guilty Gear but there's no way they'd pull of that kind of visual magic.

Now that you mention it that explains a lot. It does feel slower in that way, looking back. But then why not just speed up the animations? Laziness? Programming problems?

>But then why not just speed up the animations? Laziness? Programming problems?
Because they clearly did not know what they were doing. They had to go through three games studios and an extra production team just to put out a trailer bragging about not looking as shit as before.
We're not dealing with rocket surgeons here.

>What's a good example of a 2D-style 3D sidescroller for console?

beats me. maybe don't use a style that inherently doesn't work

ori and the blind forest would be one i guess. but sadly enough i remember ancient games like shadow complex looking far more inoffensive than bloodstained

I've been playing it 24/7 since it released on my switch. Just yesterday I finally got through enough frames to hit the midway point, it really is a great game

>why do you think a new series would be beholden to a video game from 30 years ago lol
Because it's not just adapting an NES game but also taking huge breadths of the story, character and lore of the entire series after that.
You idiot. If you don't want to be beholden to source material then make something wholly original (which no one involved in that trashheap is capable of).

>reddit space meme
Reddit space is spacing between every sentence, not breaking line for every point for emphasis or changing focus. You'd know that if you posted more than practicing your autofellatio.

I rarely get to see anyone say anything about that dumpsterfire that's negative so maybe I sperged out too hard in light of that. Either way, it's more Netflix trash.

>I rarely get to see anyone say anything about that dumpsterfire that's negative so maybe I sperged out too hard in light of that. Either way, it's more Netflix trash.

Well to each their own, man. I liked it and a season three will get me back on Netflix since I loved how the little things it played with the Castlevania lore.

But yea, you don't have to burst a blood vessel in a post to let us know how much you hate something.

dude im gonna be honest with you. no normal person cares about changes like this. get over it. i seriously doubt you even played cv3 in your youth

its autistic as fuck to complain about this shit

*dabs on Bloodstained*

Attached: Super_Castlevania_IV_Boxart.jpg (2000x1433, 466K)

>ori and the blind forest would be one i guess.
I thought Ori was 2D animation. Honestly, 2D will always be better than 3D for side scrolling. I liked being able to turn the character around and actually see her turn instead of having her clothes spin around on her body (like turning a character in 2D and their images is just a lazy reflection of what they looked like the other way) but that's a minor issue compared to the visual goodness of 2D.

>Shadow Complex
You mean this? youtube.com/watch?v=CacdmLGLGSY
Because that looks terrible compared to the colorful and gothic aesthetic of Bloodstained. Unless you mean the better lighting on the surfaces, but eh. It looks crap even still. 2D is always best D.

Klonoa

What game is this?

>They had to go through three games studios and an extra production team just to put out a trailer bragging about not looking as shit as before.
Are you serious? Oh man I was way out of the loop on this. That's embarrassing.

Attached: sainted laughter.gif (500x545, 263K)

It's a perfectly fine homage to Castlevania, but that's pretty much all it is.

>you didn't play it as a kid
>it's not normal to care this much
>it's autistic to be angry about this
>dude just stop caring
Nah

Attached: 8.jpg (859x889, 213K)

>didn't know ori was 3d
>hates shadow complex
Fucking redditspacing retard.

>they need to open it to modding
nexusmods.com/bloodstainedritualofthenight

Attached: mod vs vanilla.png (768x386, 627K)

It looks much better with the brightness set to 1 or 2.

When I stopped playing the Switch version and started playing the PS4 version. God damn you don't realize how bad the Switch version is until you move over... You can actually pull off moves you literally can't do on the Switch. For example, coming even close to landing will cancel every attack while your attack actually continues on the PS4.

Millions of dollars and 4 fucking years of development and we got 2011 graphics...

Rondo of blood

That's an insult to 2011 graphics.

Surprise, surprise, the four million or so they got are just chump change these days and this time they couldn't just rip SNES and PC Engine sprites and had to do everything from scratch.

>expecting the Switch version to look good
PS4 and PC look fine. Why did you buy a Switch for graphics user?

shadow complex looks generic and bland, user. I was hoping you had a better example than visual cardboard with good lighting.
Also
>didn't know ori was 3d
>an user couldn't tell a 2D stylized game with 3D assets and models, all animated specifically to trick the eye into thinking it's 2D at first impression, couldn't tell it was 3D
Shocker, I know

I dropped it half an hour in. Boring metroidvania shit without any substance. Stop recommending me this shit.

>the four million or so
Five million from kickstarter, like two million more from outside funding, and then the millions they got from their producer company 505 Games.

As long as people keep justifying shit they will keep eating shit hoping that the next time it won't be shit, but guess what: it will be shit and you fags will keep justifying the developers.

Enjoy your polished turds because everything is so fucking bright in that game

Did someone say goty?

Attached: babaisyou.jpg (460x215, 51K)

I liked Kojima's style for Richter and Maria better, honestly, but that personal opinion aside-- How can I find a flaw in the flawless?

>Boring metroidvania shit
>user is dumb enough to play a genre he doesn't like
Hey user, I suggest eating dog shit. It actually tastes good.

I wasn't even the guy you responded to. But just the fact that you have to put in sequential posts "Man, 2d is better than 3d" and "I didn't know Ori was 3d" is baffling. You just admitted you were fucking wrong, you blithering retard.
Bloodstained looks like ass. It's the game's biggest problem next to the crashes it has, which it has on every platform. I went into the official Bloodstained discord earlier, and the first thing I saw in the game discussion section was "I just bought this game on xbox. How do I turn on the coop they claim the game has on the store page, and how do I fix the constant crashes?"

I meant 3D, user. In 3D.
Of course 2D is superior, especially with SotN, which despite the smart animation work on the DS games is still the absolute best animated and stylized Castlevania game.

>game is free on game pass
>got it for 2$ to play some shit without pirating once
I thought maybe this game is original for once and not the same shit that has been done a thousand times in the last 5 years.

barely changing the saturation of a texture is not what im talking about. i mean complete rework.

unironically goty for now, will be death stranding though

Too bad. It should look like that.
They made the choice to make it in 3d. And it looks like shit.
I bet the majority of the DS castlevania games didn't get half the budget that RotN did.

Those 5 million from Kickstarter are closer to 2 or 3 once taxes and Kickstarter's share come into play.

>assuming your goty before even playing it.
Stop being such a fucking hype riding faggot.

I hate to tell you this, but people who have been around video games for a very very long time don't have to play them to judge their fun factor and level of quality

>kojima soulful game he made because he loves making games
>vs
>soulless shit that is only made to make profit
I would call it goty just for that. He is one of the few guys left who are not only in for the money. Like ron gilbert or suda

Looks like a 4/10 difficulty puzzle game made by someone in school who had their kid draw the graphics. What is the appeal? What can you say that would sell this game to someone who doesn't just automatically buy games because they are indie?

>You just admitted you were fucking wrong
You idiot. What do you even think I was talking about to begin with? Can you even follow the flow of replies or did your eyes dance and go crossed so you just threw up a post shooting in the dark?
How does me saying 2d > 3D and then voicing my surprise Ori was 3D since it has purposefully 2D stylized design make it so I am proven wrong?
Ori looks better. Never said it didn't. It's even better now that I know it was a 3D game.
It's a far better contrast to Bloodstained than that generic looking heap Shadow Complex.

>soulless shit that is only made to make profit
>baba is you
Yeah okay
>4/10 difficulty puzzle game
Play it, pirate if you have to, just to see how much of a brainlet you are.

>maybe if I spend less money I will like a genre I don't like
I will only charge you 10 cents to eat that dog shit instead of my normal fee of $20. It will taste great since you aren't paying much for it.

>baba is you
>4/10 difficulty

you go ahead and play it and say that

>some indie game has a good chance
You know it will be triple A shit like every year.

>How does me saying 2d > 3D and then voicing my surprise Ori was 3D since it has purposefully 2D stylized design make it so I am proven wrong?
Because it means you admitted that Ori, which you thought was 2d, looks better than Bloodstained which is 3d.
You fucking absolute dunderhead.
Just end yourself already.

Incredibly creative and original puzzle design that continues to become more creative as you play it, with an absolute ton of content. It had constant threads on Yea Forums the first few months it was out. The developer is a solid dev that made a really good metroidvania before this game (environmental station alpha)

Are you retarded? Sure seems so because you don't grasp the concept that i got it basically for free with the shit i wanted to play. So i tried it out. I also never said i don't like metroidvania games just that most are bad. How can you post something like that and be content with your life? Neck yourself.

It's super difficult, user. Where are you getting this 4/10 from?

How far in do I have to get before it should give me trouble? Want to give it a fair chance if I'm gonna give it any chance, but I'm not gonna do 1000 levels for a shitty "I told you so".

In fact, that was one of the things that broke MNo.9's back.
Comcept thought that four million on KS would mean four milion as budget.

game is great had a amazing time with it
too bad it was released in the same year ace combat 7 was.

>complete rework.
All anyone spoke about was the lighting and texture stuff, though. What's wrong with the level design?

>It should look like that.
Agreed, and for millions of dollars from backers you'd think they'd get Ayami Kojima on board, too.
These were quality meme posts

Attached: CoD.png (1016x750, 1.57M)

It starts getting pretty difficult early on.

>Looks like
Fucking brainlets

>How far in do I have to get before it should give me trouble?

Considering you're the type of person who forms negative opinions about things without investigating them at all, you are outright not very intelligent. So maybe like 30 minutes?

The moment it crashed my PC with a BSOD, and i know that it was the game because the game crashed before, and when i clicked accept to close the game, boom! bsod. i haven't got one since that day, though i haven't played another game in my pc ever since, so, thanks bloodstained.

Googled "baba is you hardest level", watched it, and the solution seemed pretty evident. Might have been a shit level but IDK enough about the game to make that call. Can only go on what I see user.

[Muffled WRRRRYYY in the background]

I was able to refund it, not because I didn't like it, but because it made me feel like a brainlet in that little amount of time.

>the solution seemed evident after I watched someone solve it

You are honestly a stupid person.

Actual GOTY, coming through.

Attached: 565338-outer-wilds-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (720x1080, 105K)

>big advertised game called outer worlds coming out
>don't rename your game called outer wilds

retards of the year maybe

>All this thread
>Muh graphics
I knew you guys hated videogames

They owned the title first. Honestly I only ever cared about Wilds.

Even with the bad 2d castlevania games, they still looked good.
This game doesn't even have that. It only has the copypasted gameplay from SotN/Aria.

>seemed evident after I watched someone solve it
No wonder you consider it difficult. The game features reading and you can't do that so you automatically fail at half of the game...

I hope it wasn't that stupid youtube vid with the crab level because that's literally at the start of the game and the title is just made to clickbait retards into watching the vid.

"first" is irrelevant, "advertising budget" is relevant

Who gives a shit in the first place

Probably whenever they fix the fucking Switch port.

Baba is You is pretty much universally considered an extremely difficult puzzle game. Stop watching vids and spoiling yourself you insufferable faggot.

same people in thread shitting on bloodstained are calling baba is you, a game with gameboy graphics, goty

it's not the graphics of bloodstained. it's the VISUALS. it's the way the models don't match the background, and there's too much contrast and specular lighting, there's shit like visible model creases that the engine isn't blending properly, etc

>don't look at what the game is like and just buy it
I'm not a faggot so no thanks. I've never played a puzzle game that I considered hard so I wanted to see if it might be worth a try.

>These were quality meme posts
I'm not wrong about kojima. He loves making games or he would do soulless trash like all the others instead of fine tuning every little detail missing deadlines and getting fired over it.

Megaman 11 not even memeing

>The aesthetic is utter as-

Attached: bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-wallpaper-5.jpg (1920x1080, 558K)

you see everyone says this and I sort of agree but I'm not sure why it looks so ugly

yeah, that looks completely and totally horrible. it's like four layers of shit none of which match.

It looks like someones first project with blender.

It's also a pre-release shot with completely different background models.

and yet the final doesn't really look any better and suffers from the same issues

Bunch of graphics whores in this thread.

why would you post something worse when trying to say a game looks good

Attached: bendy and the ink machine.gif (600x600, 1.23M)

It just looks like utter trash user. Like someone spend a few hours with blender. Not even the shit gameplay could save it, obviously because it's shit too.

Because whoever posted that image is a falseflagging retard who posts it in nearly every BS thread.

The gameplay is what makes it a masterpiece.

Attached: Bloodstained - Boss Fight.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

I liked it. The gameplay is really solid, there is a lot of stuff to collect and customize even. Unfortunately it does look like complete ass for a majority of time, especially the cutscenes which are laughable, but overall it doesn’t matter that much since the actual gameplay overshadows these shortcomings. Oh and the soundtrack could’ve been better, there are a lot of meh tracks although there are some good ones as well

>I have never seen anyone more ass-blasted about about a two season animated show on a shitty streaming service

I'm guessing you've never been in a She-Ra or a Voltron thread then.

It's much better modded.

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping 2019-09-13 01-17-24-23_1920_1080.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

>She-Ra
Oh no you didn't

Still waiting for those extra modes.

Fucking Switch. If they didn't fuck up the port for that we'd have it by now.

Find a flaw.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-02-28-at-1.29.50-PM.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

Just finished level 7 in Baba is you. Seriously, how far do I have to get before I have to start thinking about the puzzles, and how far until I hit the first "difficult" puzzle?

Even before getting it. Best thing i played alongside Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

should I just buy it on PC then? I'm getting tired of the wait for them to fix the Switch.

blood color not set to white

So nothing but recicled sprites from Rondo of Blood?

Looks better with Reshade.

Attached: BloodstainedRotN-Win64-Shipping 2019-09-22 22-32-33-36.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

when I started playing it for free when it came to gamepass. yes, for free. not gonna tell you how ;P

>Death Stranding
>Videogame

Where's the Aradia mod?

Definitely, I have the ps4 and pc version, and pc version is way smoother and has the benefits of mods.

>sprites from a japan-only game from almost 30 years ago looks better than a game made by veterans but a budget in the millions
Makes you think.

I've been playing it nonstop since it just came to gamepass.
It's really good, but it has some huge problems, at least for me
1. I hate how the B button does nothing. They could have at least let me dual wield weapons.
2. I FUUCKING HATE CRAFTING
I just really think its dumb in almost every game that isnt MH
3. Movement is slow as hell.
From her slow back dash, to just her normal walk speed, it's too slow. She needs something like Alucardswolf form or no make her grearsword dash require so much mana
Tl:dr everything it copies from SOTN are great, but the original idea fall flat

>Movement is slow as hell
Slide-spam and once you get the double jump spam the diagonal downward kick.

Agreed, she's pretty fucking slow at first, but she does get insanely fast later. Speed belt, speed books, and Accelerator make you Sonic fast.

This.

>It's ok recycling sprites for six games.

Aradia is banned from Castlevania threads.

Not yet.
This also isn't a Castlevania thread.

Attached: EB5QJSqX4AEDVa5.png (143x89, 4K)

If it looks good, why not?

Why fix what isn't broken?

Nothing againts it, but i shows how low was the budget for SoTN and, specially, the DS games. Which in the end is compensated with a good gameplay design.

Says who? You're nobody, nothing you say matters. Fuck off kiddo.

Attached: CastleKino.webm (807x540, 768K)

Witches are for _____!
Nuns are for ____.

Attached: Laughing Witches.png (845x583, 343K)

Attached: 1563025845540.jpg (813x849, 384K)

That's from you beta. You can't move through him like that in the final game.

It got ridiculous by the time Ecclesia rolled in which was probably 60% recycled material, including music from the other DS games.
Hell, the game recycled itself with levels like the retarded forests that were nothing but color swapped lines and tons of rooms that were used again and again. IIRC Death's tower had like only three or four room designs that they copypasted over and over with only the enemies being different.

What WAS new was also of varying quality.
Those new Final Knights for example looked liked they belonged in a different game.

Name one (1) thing wrong with recycling assets.

mfw

Attached: ece.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

The problem was unreal engine and its lighting. Felt like there was a flashlight just shining in front. To be fair anything made with it just has poor lighting.

Nothing wrong when it's for something like a direct sequel or the like.
Using at the time over 15 years old assets for multiple titles year after year with no improvements, edits or enhancements to them is a different story.

I don't understand how they did to make the game so eye cancerous
it is insane
I just started playing the other day on gamepass, and I had to check that my graphical options were not fucked up
to add to the injury, it is floaty as fuck, and sometimes you can't hardly tell what is background and what you can jump into
the art direction is absolutely horrible

>the art direction is absolutely horrible
Weak bait.

Attached: Bloodstained-1-ds1-1340x1340.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

that section is very ugly in particular
going full blown cartoon would have been a lot better

Faglord contrarians in this shit
The game is very good. easily an 8/10

ZA
WARUDO

>super detailed wood
>everything is muted in colored
>except the low-detailed bright blue and orange monster coated in so many spikes that it can't move forward
No really, stop and look at it. The spikes on its waist would catch on the spikes on its stomach.

>finally on game pass
>they already rolled out the update
>welcome company is dogshit now
sad!

It's so dogshit now that they're giving away Welcome Company plus the rest of the entire game for free next month.

Yea Forums still seething cause it's better than Hollow Shit.

In CV's case you're bombing, doublejumpi g and shooting the shit out of enemies that were once designed to be a threat to and fought by a guy with limited movement and a short range whip over a decade ago.

I will never stop being mad that this done in shitty 3D and not in godlike 2D.

Every 2d-3D game like this outdates like crap over the years. and only pure 2d games still look good.

Attached: 1563474865096.jpg (250x245, 7K)

It's funny how even this shithole manages to find ways to get worse every minute.

This.
>I'm killing my son
>dying to a bed post
>Belmont is a side character in the end battle
>typical netflix shoehorned pandering with black slaves and gays
>No castlevania music
Unforgivable

>why do you think a series would be beholden to it's source material?
Why wasn't harry potter a wise cracking, confident black man or a misunderstood voldemort finished off with a bed post in the movies?

Somewhere around the EEEEEEEH and OOOOOOOOH.

when they patched the switch version.
Oh.
Wait.

Attached: e15a77028018786ff90d2dee325e2cdf.jpg (2969x4350, 2.43M)

Trine, new Oddworld and most fighting games.

>crossbow starts speeding up
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

Friendly reminder, this is how the game looked like in the concept art. If only the final game could have looked like this.

Attached: couldabeengreat.png (680x638, 695K)

Guys, the game is fucking ugly. Everything else is 10/10, but stop trying to defend the visuals.

Attached: d.png (369x125, 71K)

That looks lilke some deviantart type of shit. I prefer what we have over it, but you are right, 2D would have been better.

Now imagine animating this, hundreds of weapons, dozens of visible accessoires, 70-something types of enemies, shard effects, NPCs, etc. and then wonder why you're out of money before you even got to the backgrounds.

The den of the behemoths was a total letdown though

>concept art showed a tavern with gambling equipment everywhere
>they instead just copypaste an old area
>still put the gambling boss in there
And then we get the ice cave, which was just another copypaste.
And still no water boss for Aqua Jet!

Well how about this, maybe instead of animating the entire game in 2D they could've simply did the 3d cel shaded graphics thing that games like Dragon Ball Fighterz use. Would have looked just like that concept art but without actually being 2d desu, instead of the awful 3d we hae now

Attached: kinofighterz.jpg (1024x538, 206K)

Dropping the accessories changing your model would really lose nothing. There are so few decent ones that it mostly just comes down to hair.

totally btfo'd me there, still think its shit though.

>mfw i think it's overpriced even on sale but dont want to pirate it because IGA
Oh god i realize now talking about it, how bad i want RotN. Spent many hours in SotN etc including speedruns.
Then i remember seeing some bad shit like that boss on that circular tower thing where the camera sort of spins around with you in a dead zone. That looked gay.

Attached: 63-639365_2582362-pink-wojak-coin.png.jpg (820x811, 151K)

Its on pc gamepass. First month of ultimate gamepass is 2 bucks

If you have an xbox, it's free* next month

i keep hearing about xbox pass is that the same thing? and do i have to stay subbed to it or can i just get the game i want and pay $2?

never mind then, who has a fuckin xbox these days unless you're a sick KI player in which case, respect to u.

Attached: Bitcoin-Crypto-Hodl.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It's sad when the 8 bit hype game was better than the full experience. But then again, this is why large game publishers are much better at producing larger scale games than indies. They have years of resources and extra teams to ensure a game comes out quality. Even when indie games are published by larger devs, they typically just put up enough money to ensure it's finished/get back what they put in with a bit of incentives in case the game blows up.

>who has a fuckin xbox these days
Idorts who can afford to buy games, I guess.

Attached: 1568690748025.png (1245x1397, 253K)

what games lel

Apparently Bloodstained.

>spend like $252 to play bloodstained
noiceee, enjoy wasting your money and not even admitting it to yourself buddy, learn from this breh

All videogames are a waste of money, by that logic.

Only on shitendo shitch.