Is it just me or do some games have a certain feel to them that you only get when you play that specific one...

Is it just me or do some games have a certain feel to them that you only get when you play that specific one? Kind of like the soul meme, but much more defined and attached to a certain emotion. The easiest example I can think of is how Chrono Trigger always gives off a sort of bittersweet feeling, especially with its music.

Attached: chrono2.jpg (400x250, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tf-Hxy6Fssw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JRPGs can be strong with this kind of thing given how music focused they are. Music is good at manipulating emotions.

i've been meaning to finally play chrono trigger but there's a bunch of versions. should i just get the original and call it a day?

It feels like everything else that happens and is shown has the same feel/intent behind it as the music, I've felt it with non-RPGs as well like OoT. I rarely feel it with any recent games though.

The Steam version is fine. Whatever version you get, make sure it's the DS content one.

Yes.

why were square and enix so much better than square enix?

the steam version has a lot of mixed reviews and says it's buggy

By the time the two merged video games were changing in a way that made it impossible for the people who made classics like CT or whatever Enix games Enixfriends like to be made like that anymore. Budgets were climbing too high

steam version was really bad when it first came out but they definitely fixed most problems (maybe all of them) and I'm pretty sure it has the extra content from DS and the anime cutscenes from PS1.
just make sure you turn the sprite filter off.

Play the SNES version and for the love of God stay away from that awful DS retranslaFIENDLORD FIENDLORD FIENDLORD

they did a lot of work on it to fix it. I played through it again on Steam and it's fine.

can confirm I played through the steam version with no problems perfectly fine

SNES. The DS has a better and more accurate translation and add a boss that connects to Radical Dreamers/Chrono Cross. But Chrono Trigger is a closed story.

Attached: 1547511938435.jpg (720x512, 45K)

Sorry, I forgot the PSX one...

Play the PSX one, it's the SNES with awesome cutscenes.

Really?

So, if what this user says, the PC is the best.

Sadly you can't plug it in a CRT.

How is it?
Does it have the content of the DS one? (pretty bad content, by the way).

Is there the [spoilers] Dream devourer thing?[/spoilers]

Hows the sprites? I remember that the sprites and the interface were all strange.

Attached: 1537927007232.jpg (946x1078, 184K)

I found this video about it, just keep in mind that the saving problem he talks about at the end has also been fixed since.
youtube.com/watch?v=tf-Hxy6Fssw

steam has all the cutscenes except one really short one because it's non canon

>People actually want to play the DS content when it's all stupid fetch quests made by people who had nothing to do with the original game

Attached: jAVoRzY.png (386x659, 62K)

I'm more interested in getting the cutscenes

Deep and meaningful dialogue from the much lauded DS version.

Attached: chrono trigger DS is shit.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Thanks, I was watching of patch #3. It had multiple fonts for the letters, I hope that they fixed it with patch #5. I'll buy the PC one if it's perfect.

Which cutscene?

How was it triggered? I don't remember it. I've played the game, like 7 times and I don't know this. lol

Watch them on Youtube

I want them on my hard drive

according to steam forums it's the first one with the robot, these comments are really old from back beofre the updates though so I don't know if it's still missing.

is that you David?

interface is like the phone, but I think they added an option to change. Yes, the DS content is in it. They patched it a bunch.

the interface is completely different now

Because you're a jaded man in his late 20's/early 30's and blinded by nostalgia.

not sure, people on steam forums just say "the first one with the robot" and I think the it being non canon reasoning is also from people on forums and may not have been said by square.

It's looking pretty good, except for the ATB/Health bars. WTH. Why did they do that? Can you change that?

That's the only thing I didn't like. They even fixed the fonts problem.

The one that Lucca is fixing robo?

That one is canon as far as I know.

Ohh... I remember these sidequests... they're the DS ones... not only the rewards break the game, but also these sidequests are horribly made. Jesus.

Attached: 1556375043348.png (323x263, 23K)

I'm not though

you can't turn the ATB bars of, there was a mod that disabled them but the patches stopped it from working.

Then you're just plain deluded, I guess.

Oh... forget it. The PSX one is still the best.

The interface is all weird. Why don't they just clone the PSX/SNES one?

The music in Chrono trigger is a thing of beauty

DS translation is overwritten desu. Sometimes brevity is superior.

Attached: chrono trigger ds writing.png (567x211, 185K)

is that you David?

No, FFXV-kun

You got whacked cuz you're weak