Start new game

>start new game
>xcom base always starts in fucking INDIA
>every new game it is set in india
>FUCKING INDIA

Is there anyway i can make it so i can at least start in fucking Mexico?

Attached: 135725.jpg (352x500, 50K)

Seriously just started on the 9th fucking new game on the dlc game and it is always in fucking india. Only time i ever got a base that was not in india was in the vanilla version of xcom 2 and it took place in Mexico once

I always get south africa

Always get Rossija, blyat

for me, it's the arctic

Is mexico the best place for resistance HQ by Yea Forums standards

Fucking lucky bitch

What are some interesting and balanced class mods? Right now all I have is Trooper which is real fun.

>class mods
>balanced
kek. Closest I found to balanced was A Better Barracks.

Security's good if you just want an upgraded Rookie.

Apparently Long War of the Chosen has finally been released, why nobody is talking about it? Is it really that bad?

They aren't advertising it. So no one really knows it exists.
>Is it really that bad?
You can tell it's an alpha, but it can be played from start to finish.

Waiting for it to be a little more refined before I try it.
Besides, I have to finish my current playthrough with derbk's "A Better Everything" overhaul mods.

Is there actually an attempt to balance it with the new stuff or did they just copy paste the work that the long war devs did on top of wotc?

Is there anyway to change the location of the resistence HQ or are you just stuck with being in INDIA forever?

It sounds like they mostly kept the long war balance and either nerfed or removed WOTC stuff so as not to disrupt it too much. Which is honestly a solid plan considering how much work went into balancing it the first time.
desu just the performance improvements alone make it worth it, I'm planning to play it but I'll wait a little for the next beta, I actually really liked LW2

What is a good build order for your base? I used to try and rush laboratory to focus on faster research in hopes of getting good gear early. What are your favorite strategies with base building order?

Attached: 8D5FFED4-D624-42AF-BADF-55722006834B.jpg (640x360, 56K)

I start out building my basic structures to progress the mission plot (proving grounds, comm center, etc) while excavating down to exposed plasma coils as fast as possible to get generators on top of those

Always GTS first so I don't have to deal with fielding rookies. Then the building that lets you run extra faction missions, proving grounds, and comm centers. I usually skip the lab but I don't play on legend much, it's probably better to get it early there, I dunno.
Also I usually drop everything to get more engineers when they're available. Rush battlescanners if I get assassin or mind shields if I got warlock.

Engineers generally trump anything else yeah, they're just way too important
>needed to excavate
>needed to build
>needed to develop weapon upgrades
>needed to man most rooms
by contrast scientists do jack shit

Does it really matter? I'm willing to bet that the forced colonization of the ayys forced the poo in the loos to get rid of their designated shitting streets.
Advent isn't all bad.

you're stuck so just start another playthrough

Yes i dont want my HQ to be in a literal SHIT COUNTRY!

Just did on the 16 and it is still fucking india and on the 17 it took place in fucking Africa...

I'm always thrown somewhere in Siberia or USA. I'm not sure if I've ever started in India.

resistance ring is the correct first building. the bonuses and xp from covert ops is so good its actively harming you if you dont take it first. GTS is a close second to get squad size upgrades

I think you may be a little bit too autistic about this. The game can smell your stupid and is placing you where you least wish to be as punishment.

Whats so good about having an xcom base in india?

A never-ending supply of rookies to throw into the gears of war, and when anything important in your base breaks you won't get charged long-distance calling tech support.

Fun fact, he's not joking about the first one. India and east Asia tend to be recruitment heavens. The game probably figures you need the extra meat, OP. What difficulty are you on?

Rookie.

Veteran

Rookie would get you more focus based areas because you have sturdier troops.
Veteran on the other hand, explains it pretty handily. It probably figures you're still new enough you'll need backup, but not so new that you can make to with shitty tech. Try changing the difficulty and see what you get.

But i want to stay on veteran. Fuck it I'll just stick with fucking india and make my way with trying to liberate America with my soldiers of street shitters.

Tried starting game without tutorial and it started me off in fucking east fucking asia.

Fuck this goddamn game.

You wanted out of India and Africa.

Well yeah... but i didn't want to be thrown in fucking GOOK land!

>kill chosen
>get their weapon
>mfw

This shotgun is bonkers until everyone gets their energy weapons.

Attached: 268500_20190902144707_1.png (1360x768, 814K)

You prefer to be throw in russia instead?

No i want America

America is usually a Legend spawn, m8. Time for you to git gud.

You have what is essentially a mobile base in this game. The country you start in really doesn't matter.

your soldiers get immunity to poison if you start in india

use them with mods that improve enemies and they will feel balanced, even mec mod feels ok when you have 8 enemies in pod each with 20+ hp

it is alpha, so it is not really ready, also many mods need to be reworked for lwotc, so if you played wotc with them, lw would feel little bit boring

Attached: chem grenade.png (918x683, 366K)