Link's Awakening - Remake

>I-IT'S 4 HOURS LONG!
>I-IT SHOULDN'T BE $60!

It's not 4 hours long, you stupid fuckers. Stop spreading misinformation. The 100% playthrough of the game is nearly 6 hours long rounded up.

Attached: link's_awakening.png (223x178, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/RadiantSilvergunOfficialGuidebook/page/n41
gfycat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only when you cut down all of the exploration lmao

HOLY SHIT 6 HOURS?

I MUST BUY

I know your're using cheap bait, OP. But I'll bite. Six hours is still garbage for a $60 title. If it takes 6 hours to 100% a game that costs you $60 then that's a rip-off. I wouldn't pay $60 for 6 hours of playtime. That's $10 per hour.

Does 100% include the chamber dungeon bottle/hearts/shells? That probably takes at least an hour alone.

I honestly can't think of the last time a game that was this fucking short had the audacity to be sold for full fucking price. Even shitty AAA shooter campaigns are like at least 10 hours.

Not a fair comparison when every hour of gameplay is 10x more soulful than AAA garbage

>Soulful
>Muh playdoh doo doo plastic graphics

The original was soul. This remake isn't. I played the original.

What a rip I bought Castle Crashers for $15 and am getting more out of it. Also Daemon x Machina for $60 and getting way over 6 hrs.

Ah, 5 hours, 5 minutes, and 59 seconds is almost 6 hours of game time. He actually beat my playthrough by a couple of hours. I was doing it pretty slowly too.

Attached: linkle_inquisitive.webm (480x700, 3M)

im like 10 hours in and havent beaten it.... are you ppl using guides?

Of course they are using guides. And like they keep saying they have played it before- whether it be on Gameboy or GBC or DS virtual console.

Either you're a shitter or you're finishing for 4 hours and going "wow how did you beat the game so fast"

I mean every 2d zelda can be beaten pretty quickly. Even the oracle games can be finished in like 6 hours and those games are FUCKING PACKED with content.

literally a dude that knows everything about the game you dumb fag

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>YOU CAN'T JUST NOT SPEND 2 HOURS GETTING THE SWORD AND 4 HOURS GETTING OUT OF THE FOREST!
>YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK TO THE NPCS AND FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS
>YOU HAVE TO GET LOST AND WALK AROUND AIMLESSLY AND INFLATE YOUR GAME TIME!

>he uses guides for a CHILDREN'S game

Really, you pathetic faggots? Do you use guides to find out where the mushrooms are hidden in Mario 64 as well? Jesus fucking Christ, this game is easy as pill. You all fucking suck at gaming.

Sauce

STOP USING A FUCKING GAME GUIDE TO BEAT THIS PUZZLE! THIS SHOULD TAKE YOU 30 MINUTES TO SOLVE, NOT 10 SECONDS!

Attached: 70.jpg (480x272, 18K)

>I AM SILLY

>6 hours

Zelda is not a JRPG. Keep screeching.

It has the Nintendo logo of quality so the $60 tag is justified. Do you get that with Sony? No, you only get cheap quality games that get discounted a day after the release.

Do you want a medal or something? Most of us here grew up on the original. These new graphics are amazing and the updates they did are beneficial to the actual gameplay. I feel everything they did is worth the money because the game is good and I enjoy it more then I would enjoy a 80 hour movie game with boring as fuck gameplay. I don't understand why people get butthurt about how other people spend their money. It's almost like you're jealous or projecting your insecurities on to others choices.

Attached: 1562199367375.gif (220x220, 121K)

Lol

Attached: 97038492-0BB5-4254-8D7B-304C77C48A0F.jpg (750x834, 230K)

nintendo is literally turning into disney

sorry that's blizzard sweatie

Stop using fucking game guides and the game wouldn't be 4 hours long.

This maze should take you 30 minutes to solve. Without a game guide, you wouldn't take 10 seconds.

Attached: toadstool-dungeon-entrance.jpg (1398x783, 154K)

either way nostalgia baiting is cringe

>If it takes 6 hours to 100% a game that costs you $60 then that's a rip-off.
>tfw I've spent hundreds of dollars on old shootemups that can be beaten in 30 minutes

Attached: Batsugun_Iceman.png (175x100, 8K)

>The 100% playthrough of the game is nearly 6 hours long rounded up.
>nearly 6 hours
>rounded up
>5 hours 6 minutes
>NEARLY 6 hours rounded up
i hate bait posting that is THIS retarded

>falling for it hook, line, and sinker

Really man

Stop using game guides.

only shmup game guide I've ever really used is for Radiant Silvergun. Because it actually gives you useful information. Look at this. This is great.
>archive.org/details/RadiantSilvergunOfficialGuidebook/page/n41

Attached: rsg robo.gif (320x224, 164K)

What if I push the the boulders on the left? Maybe I can even get a little crazier and push one boulder to the left and THAN one down.

>using speedrun times as indicator of a game's length
We can glitch to the credits in Lttp in 3 minutes. Doesn't make it a 3 minute game. Sigh.

How long does the original take to beat when playing normally and not being a speed running sperg?

I could have sworn I put in like 20-40 hours just fucking around, exploring and having fun.

It's not a speed run, you dumb shit.

It's because retards (like you) who throw money at shit then influence the future. That is how gaming became so shit in the first place. Amazing how people don't understand such a basic concept that has already occurred in many other Media's

NOOOO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! STOP SOLVING IT SO SIMPLY! YOU HAVE TO DO THE PUZZLE 300 TIMES AND RESET IT BECAUSE IT'S A TOUGH PUZZLE! YOU CAN'T JUST SOLVE IT WITH 2 MOVES! STOP USING A GAME GUIDE! YOU'RE SPEEDRUNNING!

soul is just the new nostalgia
just because you think you're happy again doesnt mean its fun, the feeling will fade

This here is one of my biggest gripes with Zelda. The rewards for side content is garbage. Whiptee doo, I get a stupid ass health (1/4) extender that I'll never need. No point exploring if the reward is the same irrelevant shit each time

>Le step 1:
>>Take out 3DS
>Le step 2:
>>Open eshop
>Le step 3:
>>Buy game for less then $10

You're a fucking retard if you buy this shit.

a couple of hours if you know what you're doing. I mean, it is a gameboy game. As a kid it must have taken dozens of hours, though I replayed the game not too long ago and while it is bigger than I remembered, it's not nearly the length of say, LTTP.

Even less if you use the select glitch on the original BW game! Great time saver (and potential cart breaker).

Attached: zelda_terada_LA_2.jpg (500x585, 98K)

What about...and stay with me here, I know this is wild, but what about...doing side content and exploring...for the sake of having fun

If a game is worth sixty dollars it is because it contains sixty hours of gameplay. If it has five hours and six minutes of gameplay, then it's worth $5.10, which is about how much I'd pay for a physical copy of the GBC version. Now post the sauce to already.

Attached: 1565134164870.jpg (1136x640, 143K)

>N-N-NO! DELETE THAT RIGHT N-NOW! IT'S DESTROYING MY N-NARRATIVE!

Attached: 1454119659503s.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Has anyone actually watched the OP video of the guy playing? He's not speedrunning at all. Fuck, he even looks lost at times. This game really doesn't have much in it. I think it's because you play 30 minutes, pause, then come back to it a week later, the game "feels" longer to you than it really is. And maybe you keep getting stuck and dying even though you have MORE hearts in this game than the original that you think it's a "long game".

They deserved it, and this is commong from a big bing bing wahoo fan

Stop fucking running in the game and you'll double the gameplay to 10 hours. It was a mistake to allow you to run in the game.

>$90 after tax and tip for 5 hours

Even movies have a better price/length ratio

Attached: Capture.jpg (954x703, 72K)

The remake is a good quality, aside from the framerate issues. The artstyle is cute, with the toy-like design representing the original sprites well. However, without adding any real new content, there's no way in hell a game like this deserves to be $60. Quality only goes so far.

It’s got a dungeon creator. There’s a literal infinite amount of content if you want to engage with it. Just because you don’t want to do it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

>is nearly 6 hours long rounded up.
That's just dumb, and that's coming from someone who bought the game.

git rid of the intro+cutscenes and the exploration and you have a 4 hour game.

Attached: 1645654286089.jpg (339x339, 37K)

stop using weapons other than your sword
stop running
fish for 10 hours

and you'll have a full length gmae

>this game got a mechanic where you can fight an infinite number waves until you die
>therefore, the gameplay is infinite and it's worth all your money

lol

>mushrooms
>Mario 64
???

>100% playthrough
>rounded up

Imagine your game being so shit that you have to try to raise the standard as much as possible to try and make it worth buying.

There is 100% speddrun catalog.

It's not though? It's all mundane/ barebone "exploring"

I mean, if you're utter garbage at video games you could take 60 hours to beat it. That doesn't make this a 60 hour game.

Ok Todd

>Know every aspect of the game
>Know exactly where to go at all times
>Edit video to remove any chaff of misc bits
>Run directly from start to end like an automaton
>WHY IS THE GAME SO SHORT!?

Super Metroid is a 30 minute game

Fallout 2 is a 45 minute game

Etc

It's about 12-15hrs on a standard playthrough

It's not worth $60 because it's a conceptually lazy reskin of a Gameboy game. The short length is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

gfycat com plumpadventurouschuckwalla

It's because of whiny faggot zoomers like OP, why every modern game is padded shit, that takes 50+ hours of repetitive bullshit to get through. He was probably the same faggot making the threads shitting on the RE2 remake for its length, back when that came out too. I'll take five to ten hours of good gameplay and solid level design, over some meme open world trash any day of the week. Length is something that should never be brought up when discussing whether a game is of a high quality or not.

Exactly this. I'd much rather have a short game that's fun to replay for its own sake than a long game that I play once to do all of the 'chores' in.

blessed user delivers

That's a walkthrough, they have to deliberately slow down to show how they are doing things.

Wasnt lust for darkness full priced?

6 hours in length for an adventure game is not something to brag about. Its fucking pathetic and people that try to defend it are part of the problem that continues to ruin more and more new games.

Wait nevermind it was never more than 15 burgers.

RE2make is actually a new game. It's basically a reimagining that carries over the iconography and themes of the original while having entirely new content and mostly new mechanics. Whereas the Link's Awakening remake essentially copypastes the original's world/content tile-by-tile, and gives it a glossy graphical make-over.

You shouldn't pay $60 to get a prettied up version of a game you can just emulate (or buy on the 3DS virtual console for $5.99).

>the switch is the nintendo excuse to sell handheld titles for full price
kek. I was expecting this to happen. some 3ds nintendo titles were fucking 50$. sasuga jewtendo

nooooo!!! he's not slowing down!!! he's speed running!!!

>5 minutes and 59 seconds rounds up to an hour
fanboy math everyone

game should be $30, no more and no less

>Too dumb to realise an obvious false flag
>Or such a worthless console war idiot he's shitposting

You decide!

It really shouldnt be 60 bux for a fucking remake of a gameboy game

Explain all the tards defending it lmao

>make a fuckup creating your thread
>someone calls you out on it
>"i-it's a falseflag!"

According to HLTB the average reported playthrough is around 10-14 hours, wth extras adding about 3 hours on average and a completionist run clocking in at about 7 extra hours, 22 people polled.

Can you believe they used to sell a game that can be beaten in 25 minutes?

Attached: Lion+King,+The+(USA)-image.jpg (420x307, 106K)

The opening cutscene and ending cutscene are anime and the toy like art style is intentional making the island not what it seems

am i really the only one who understood OPs sarcastic post?

>Whataboutism
A staple in the fanboy defender kit

the hours of the games have been increasing steadly even by speedrun standards each generation after the snes. ps1 has game where ven with glitches out the ass take 1 hour to finish. drop that whataboustism you faggot

>N-no b-but w-what a-about t-those o-other g-guys
Doesn't change that you're a faggot lad.

Wow 6 hours. Thats like 2 hours longer than the battery :DDDDDD

Attached: 1448953652266.png (1200x1200, 249K)

According to HLTB, the people playing those games and submitting their times are literal shitters. While you can believe data posted anonymously with no proof, you can also watch a slow walkthrough of the game, on video, that equals 5 hours of game time. 4 hours, if you don't count the cutscenes.

You can beat it on the Lite in one go :DDDD

Who said I fell for it you assuming mong? Just pointing out that ""your side"" is just as retarded

What a deal! I cant wait for them to add Labo VR support and Amibo dungeons. :DDDD Do you think well get a zelda cereal lile the 80s!?!?!? Man Nintendo hasnt made me this happy since Sushi Strikers!

I really want to play this but I don't have a Switch yet.
I had assumed this was being released on 3DS.