Ocarina of time
>solid as fuck dungeons
>iconic music
>innovated 3D action adventure games

Breath of the Wild
>Physics engine that encourages experimentation
>Very pretty views
>Encourages exploration with rewards spaced out just enough to keep you playing
>Pretty decent combat for a nintendo game that rewards thorough knowledge of how the game works

Attached: Botw-vs-OoT-juegosfunnet.png (957x533, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cemu.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should I get a Wii u for botw?
It's 80 bucks

emulate, child.

OoT must be best paced game ever made. BotW is the best tech demo I've ever played.

So OoT, but BotW2 might be better than both.

Nawh.

this

cemu.info/

The only downside is that gamepad motion emulation can be very very weird.

The progression is too obtuse at times for it to be the best paced game of all time, especially the first time. In fact I think BOTW has better pacing on the first play through

No, you should buy a Wii U for DKC Tropical Freeze

Majora's Mask is superior to both titles.

Attached: majora's mask.jpg (849x573, 310K)

overrated

> Story
OOT > BOTW, no explanation needed
> Characters
> Storytelling
> Overworld
OOT > BOTW because the camera makes it feel like your exploring this huge overworld, everything is tightly connected together & it gives you the sense of going on a grand adventure because you cannot see past the horizon. Whereas BOTW gets boring & repetitive after an hour. Hubworlds will always be superior to open world games
> Dungeons
> Atmosphere
OOT > BOTW, due to the incredible soundtrack this is where OOT really shines. BOTW feels like a generic open world game with some bits of Nintendo magic sprinkled on it. The only time i really felt wowed by the atmosphere was in the lost woods
> Soundtrack
> Gameplay
BOTW > OOT, no explanation needed
> Bosses
> Ending
OOT > BOTW, pretty much the perfect story book ending whereas BOTW is blantant sequel baiting that leaves you feeling completely unsatisfied
> Overall
OOT > BOTW

This, only ALTTP comes close in that regard

majoras mask

too obtuse
botw better paced

.no

MM did more with less. BotW is mechanically impressive but doesn't have much else going for it and the game's tasks get very repetitive very quickly. OoT is a close match but it ultimately loses out to MM because of its superior overworld design, dungeon design, sidequests, characters, themes and aesthetics.

>>iconic music
>Lost woods
>Gerudo valley
>Song of storms
>That's literally everything

MM is the most overrated zelda

This.

>>Overworld
>OOT > BOTW
>"I-It makes you feel like it's big"
>"W-what do you mean the other one is actually big and actually has content?"
The absolute state of OOTfags. Even going to lie to themselves.

I put down BotW halfway through. I didn't have any drive to continue and I'm not entirely sure why.
I liked the downtime between outings. Prepping for the trials ahead with cooking and upgrades was fun resource management.
I didn't find exploring Hyrule all that engaging though. I feel the game could have used more variety in puzzles. Having them all locked to shrines felt samey. Why would you want to explore a vast world when the rewards for doing so rarely change?
I enjoyed the combat for what it was. Having multiple ways to approach situations was cool but weapon durability and the lack of enemy variety was annoying.
In the end I guess I dislike how little variety BotW had.

>Zelda's lullaby
>Epona's song
>Ganon's Castle
>go fuck yourself

I'm pretty new to Zelda. I started with ALBW around 2014 and then made my way through Majora 3D, Ocarina 3D, Wind Waker HD, Seasons/Ages/Awakening, Breath of the Wild, and Twilight Princess.

Of those I would maybe rank TP as the worst and Ocarina as the second worst? They're all good games but those two didn't stand out much to me. Maybe if I played Ocarina when I was a kid, instead of mostly sticking to Genesis games, Mario 64, and Smash Bros, the nostalgia would add something that I feel is missing right now.

I think BotW is the best but is underdeveloped in certain aspects that Majora's Mask did better.

Attached: 1502672456220.jpg (475x410, 56K)

Not that user but two of those you listed are taken from ALTTP I believe
So to add to it,
>Song of Time
>Zora's Domain

OoT by far.
>physics engine is broken and experimentation isn't required for puzzle solving so it turns into some "make your own fun" bs
>combat is very easily exploitable in a number of ways
>enemies leave themselves open all the time so you can hack and slash with little to no risk
Compare that to OoT where you have to look for an opening with more complex enemies and practice their patterns to learn your way around them and it's the clear victor.

Play the original OoT and MM, you just managed to meme yourself with the 3DS versions.

>oot field
>big field with nothing it
>botw field
>huge field with nothing in it

If the gameplay is betten that means BOTW is better game right?

That's straight up untrue lol, besides if you compare 2 big empty fields together the one with better atmosphere wins. Which is absolutely Breath of the Wild. BotW has the 2nd best atmosphere out of any Zelda game.

The MM 3DS remake has some questionable changes but there is no fucking reason to play anything but the 3DS OOT

Ocarina was an amazing game in 1998, almost as important as Mario 64. BOTW was a 7/10 game in 2017 without the Nintendo Bonus.

How is this even a question?

that's a meme too, the originals being any significant improvement over the 3DS versions
nigga are you being sarcastic

Playing on a tiny screen with 240p will never match up to the original and emulating will still suffer from the shitty aspect ratio.
OoT is debatable, but MM is so full of negative changes that it's better just to play the originals.

those changes aren't that bad you people are nancies

BotW isn't a real Zelda game, so OoT, obviously.

>Should I get a Wii u for botw?
Not ONLY for BotW, no.
For the fact that it can run GC, Wii and WiiU games, and be packed with emulators to boot, all while running one of the best games this decade? Yes.
80 bucks is fucking steal to boot.