WHEN IS IT AAAAAAAAAA

WHEN IS IT AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/upload_2019-3-6_13-46-27-png.217603/
youtube.com/watch?v=smkdscv6SJs
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop making these threads im tired of waiting!

Fuck off back to the drawthreads and request your retarded OC for the billionth time, you sad neet namefaggot

They're hoping end of year last I heard, but who fuckin knows

cannot wait for the best game ever made to update again

I'm so hype I even bought the game
such a great fucking game

What is this? Last I played was early access. Is this the final update?

>such a great fucking game
here comes the starbound fags

Yup, this is the last update we're ever getting for terraria

Shouldn't a State of the Game be up sometime this week? Maybe we'll learn then.

Attached: 1560687467904.png (200x163, 11K)

the virgin terraria and the chad starbound

fuck you oscar you disease

>starbound is ran by trannies
>entire fanbase is furries or libtards
>discord was cool till the head admin became autistic and started banning people for memes
>admin is a tranny that will ban you for calling him a guy - speaking from personal experience

>going on offical discords

Attached: wagie1.png (478x523, 12K)

do you have brain problems?

Attached: 7c7ce4c5063addee3d21c7468d47d2d9.png (644x600, 334K)

What is this minecraft ripoff still not out? What the fuck.

Is that sarcasm?

Finally got around to playing Starbound recently and fucking hell it's so bad. I've beaten Terraria multiple times and I would have rather just played through that again than experience Starbound for the first time

You got those in the wrong order, user

Attached: Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the leather club's three blocks down.png (726x550, 398K)

I know the minecraft ripoff is a big meme at this point, but HONESTLY why play this when minecraft exists?
The third dimension adds a lot more depth to minecraft.

Can't wait for that one guy who can't play without looking at the wiki and then complains that you need it to play to join the thread.

[spoilers] I like both. [/spoilers]

Because Terraria has interesting combat and progression unlike Minecraft

Right now check TCF

>he plays terraria for building instead of the battle mechanics and bosses
You can totally enjoy terraria without mods
minecraft on the other hand

Gameplay depth > Z-Axis depth

Terraria has a lot of digging, but it doesn't rely on building to be entertaining.
Minecraft does 3D building relatively well while incorporating light survival, FPS, and RPG elements.
Terraria is more of a 2D shoot em' up RPG that happens to be set in a procedurally generated buildable/destroyable sandbox.

They're very different games that employ similar elements borrowed from different genres to enhance their own main strengths. Minecraft's combat is fairly simplistic and unsatisfying (though there is fun to be had in certain PVP modes), while Terraria's is more entertaining and "active" (more about movement and playing based on your loadout, as opposed to Minecraft being mostly based around abusing bad AI with knockback, blocks, etc.). Minecraft's building is better because it's 3D, plain and simple— you *can* build in Terraria, but it's more like pixel art than making something interesting and functional (in most cases).

Nooooo.

I have waited for so long, I try to keep the desire to play Terraria again, but I cannot hold it any longer so I just stare at the main screen of the game, when it actually releases I will play it so fucking much that I'll make that one roleplaying faggot look like a normal human being.

Attached: 1509963043319[1].gif (460x345, 492K)

I don't get the point of playing a summoner. You literally do nothing while your minions do all the work. What's the fun in that?

Attached: 1557633258984.png (750x750, 401K)

>want to play terraria
>dont want to get burned out before the big update
AAAAAAAAA I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELOGIC PLEASE

stylist > steampunker > dryad > party girl >>> literal shit >>> mechanic >>> nurse

I haven't played Terraria in years but I still laugh at how big dick redigit is.

>artist leaves and decides to 100% copy his game, of course in inferior form, does so
>nobody really plays it, its shit and ass and takes 4 years to even approach being playable
>he decides to just free update terraria for like 8 more years just to shit on the guy who left

jeesh, I bought this game several times, multiple consoles, a few different friends

You can still use other weapons while your summon is out, you know.

You play the evade game, try not to get kill while the retarded minion AI misses 90% of it's attacks because the bosses fly all over the fucking place at F A S T speed.

i heard that it was cenx who got really pissed off over tyi leaving and got them to make 1.2 just to spite starbound, since red had already retired from developing terraria at that point

Wait is that sarcasm?

Back when summoner was complete dogshit people liked to play it for the challenge.

Even now, Summoner is the weakest defense-wise, so it places a bit more of an emphasis on dodging. It makes for good practice.

Is Terraria the pinnacle of indie gaming

They should update the terraria logo, it looks strange next to the better quality of "journey's end"

your waifu tier list is bad, and you should feel bad.

I got a thing for orange haired chicks so the main sticking point is mechanic being that low

Because it has what Minecraft lacks:
A reason to play (Progression)

If minecraft actually had some more progression (Like, say, the nether is blocked until you had diamonds, which can only be mined rather than found, and the end is blocked off until you had blaze rods, which can only be found in the nether, and then about 5-6 more similar layers of progression after that there's an actual final boss), then it would be fun and great again

It's fun to watch a army of little fuckers ripping the bosses apart and making numbers pop up, but yeah not much else to do since there is no minion management in the game. I still like to keep one summoned while using other non-summo sets, they are nice little companions.

Because of how armor sets works, other weapons do jack shit for damage and you are just give yourself the illusion of being useful.

>I have an opinion and anyone that disagrees with it is wrong...
Wow what a great board I get to be a part of...

Minecraft has a bit of progression. Terraria has better progression, a better story, better enemies, and it feels like an adventure beyond just exploring.

Nice to know the shitposters can’t even come up with anything original for either Terraria or Cubeworld threads

mechanic is a species-traitor goblin fucking whore. enjoy the tinkerers sloppy seconds, cuck

it's my vote on greatest of all time, so 10 4
I hope to god it isn't, this is the pinnacle of indie
I hope starbound is better than the naysayers are letting on about, I put off trying it for a long time so it would leave early access and stuff
>HONESTLY why play this
because it's so so good
minecraft is very different
in an alternative good way
is this fr truth? is it out now? as in right now?

Exactly.

Minec'raft issue is that progression is resoundingly non-linear, and there's only those three milestones: Diamond, Nether, End. They need more in order to make these new updates actually feel like something

>Wow what a great board I get to be a part of...
so are you wrong? lol
I wish there was more progression too
oh shit cubeworld is coming, hell yea

good that they fixed the grass colours for this background, i like it more than the lake

link since im not allowed to upload images apparently
forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/upload_2019-3-6_13-46-27-png.217603/

>why play this when minecraft exists?
>summons
>grinding for gear
>less dimension for autism building so you don't spend more time being autistic because you're trying to make a 3D building look good
>boss fights are relatively fun
>events are fun
>playing multiplayer is fun
>flying with wings and space ships
>

What order should I fight the mechanical bosses in expert mode?

imagine getting this mad over a meme
better than forcing myself to be a permavirgin like you.

i tried starbound a year ago and it was cute but no terraria replacement. that was a long time I should try it again.

>permavirgin
but stylist is my waifu. she is pure, cute, gives nice haircuts and doesnt fuck niggers or goblins

starbound is shit. you're forced to play through the gay story, the worlds are empty and the structures are uninteresting, combat is as shallow as it was when the game launched and the game is unoptimized to shit, which is what happens when your entire dev team is just artists

Yeah, she just gets fucked by giant spiders instead.

At least mechanic only fucks intelligent species.

stylist is pretty good too though

so whats the deal with blockswap? is there a restriction on what kind of blocks you can swap or do you need an item or what? based on what ive seen it seems like you can skip making a pickaxe entirely and just go down with a block of dirt and mine out everything instantly

Depends on your class but id avoid skeletron first

Expert mode Destroyer is a fucking nightmare, let it for last unless you have the gay baby mode bow that mimics drop, you know the one.

The eyes are usually the second or third mechanical boss people kill on a normal run but I think is recommended to kill them first on expert because they are pretty much the exact same but do more damage, not much tho.

Leave Skeletron as the second boss since he is more of a DPS check than anything else.

So; Twins -> Skeletron -> Destroyer

>classic damsel in distress, trapped by monsters
>"sh-she get fucked by spider!"
nice cope bro. sorry that my waifu is so much better than yours

Pretty sure you'll be limited to blocks that can be mined by the highest-level pickaxe in your inventory.

2019 is the year of never-evers, so hopefully soon.

I suppose you can't swap blocks until you kill the moonlord.

Minecraft is boring and pointless

Who here chad wizard? Virgin Rangers, brainlet warriors and tranny summoners need not reply.

Attached: 1555867147132.png (587x363, 11K)

Wizardchad here.

Attached: 2BA34087851850AFF15F6E38DF919163D38BB225.jpg (1360x746, 164K)

Trying to get some lost girl Cucci I see, partician Wizardchad.

In terraria upgrading equipment and weapons and fighting through all the bosses (of which you can add even more of through some mods) is so much more fun and satisfying than amything I got from minecraft. 3d for making towns is probably a lot more immersive to some but the cute and cozy 2d building is a lot closer to what I personally like

Don't get caught in the cobwebs on the way out faggot.

that's what I heard too
me too, it's the closest to the most epic retro game there can be

I think a bigger thing Minecraft is missing is variety of weapons and armor, and an utter lack of unique ones. Enchanting is also kind of a mistake imo, it would've been much cooler to have something like special weapons you can gain by beating x boss and then having a Tinkers Construct style system to add interesting effects to weapons. Stuff like blaze powder being used to add a flame damage effect etc.

>15 types of weapows, every single variation plays differently
>Actual NPCs
> 350 enemies, 18 bosses, all require a different strategy
>Treasures that change the gameplay every minute
>Amazing interpretation of 2D metroidvania combat mechanics
>Caves are different in every level and biome
>Actual difficulty ladder
Don't matter how big Minecraft gets, it will aways feel more like a "experience" than a game, people will defend it saying that it's about exploring and building some lego shit and eventually gridding enough items to shoot arrows at a HP sponge of a mob while stopping to eat every here and there. All updates and items are barebones variations of the same shit, all the progression is over complicated and not worth it and every mechanic feels more "oh cool! I guess i can do that!"

>all require a different strategy

I agree with you but common now.

The first time I figured out how to add mods to this game I got sunk into a black hole of time that was filled with only terraria

Variety. I play around with various weapons while my minions provide DPS that I don't have to focus on (besides staying somewhat near enemies). I also simply enjoy the concept of having something else do the work for me. If the game had minions that I actually had to manage (ex: customizing and healing a Diablo mercenary), I'd love it; the summoner class is the closest I get to that. It's also fun to bury the screen in multi-minions (ex: the mini Twins), and their attacks are more interesting than focusing on using one spell at a time (I'd rather use magic than melee or regular ranged weapons, though I usually have one of each on hand).

You trade not having to focus on shooting for having no defense, necessitating focusing on dodging.

i just wish meele was viable outside of normal, expert is for range/magic fags and i hate using yoyos, master mode is gonna be even worse with the damage the mobs do

Do you think I'll need to make a new world to access content from the update? I'm pretty invested in the world I already have.

starbound is horseshit, if you are ever gonna touch it, install fracking universe to make it playable, otherwise don't fucking bother

I think so, this update seems to be focusing a bit on the ocean, so maybe we will get an improved ocean biome, kinda like the depths from thorium would be kino.

usually, at least when they add new biomes and stuff like that wich need a new world in order to generate, not sure if this update is adding any of that tho

there's little to do in minecraft outside of meaningless stuff with no challenge whatsoever attached to them, the combat is shit wich makes the boss encounters a joke aswell and unless you are into crafting and gathering for the sake of it there's no reason to play it over terraria

terraria has a proper progression system wich you figure out by yourself just by playing the game, for example if you play blind and its your first time, you don't know about the fact that once you get a few Crystal hearts to increase your life that the first boss in the game might spawn when it becomes night, or that once you get to 200 life there's a change for a goblin invasion, or that once you get into the corruption and break 3 shadow orbs that another boss will spawn, or how you spawn skeletron, or the wall of flesh to access hard mode etc, none of this is hinted remotely in the game and finding it out little by little feels great, i have gone trough the game countless times and i have been playing it since it came out of alpha and seen all the updates trough and trough and there's no other game that offers so much for so little money while being so simple and accessible for everyone

using other weapons as summoner should almost double your dps. summoner allows for the most diversity in weapon choice while still being viable. every boss drop is useful, it's the best way to play

excellent post

Attached: 1311683458917.jpg (640x480, 44K)

Starbound used to be good, but then it became chink mmo cancer

>but then it became chink mmo cancer

what the fuck are you talking about?

It used to be about exploration. Now it's all about being teleported to boss fights/missions from a hub world for loot drops. After the shift it felt like it's trying to be a Maple Story clone.

right i didn't saw the connection you were trying to make there, exploration is shallow and meaningless since the big bosses only appear in pre-made missions and the story is awful, i play with fracking universe and it adds some of the features from old beta builds back into the game mainly the removed bosses and big mobs and these spawn randomly on planets instead of pre-made missions, wich there are more of in the mod but you have to actually explore dungeons on planets to get them so it incentivices exploration a bit, still, the game is so badly unoptimized and the shit combat still there, the only real plus i can give it is that guns sounds are nice and some feel great to use, asides from that there's not really anything that makes starbound worth playing tho

>tfw you used to be able to literally fly if you got the right thing
>Then if you could fly up high enough you'd actually be able to leave the planet's atmosphere
>Where there's no air and it's super cold
>Surviving there after actually managing to get up there was top tier exploration
Probably the one thing I'm the maddest about that they removed

>summons
in 2d
>grinding for gear
in 2d
>less dimension for autism building so you don't spend more time being autistic because you're trying to make a 3D building look good
in 2d
>boss fights are relatively fun
in 2d
>events are fun
in 2d
>playing multiplayer is fun
in 2d
>flying with wings and space ships
in 2d
>

Attached: 3486379.jpg (143x137, 4K)

>the third dimension adds a lot more depth
Lol

a game being 3d doesn't instantly make it better you animetard

>Talking shit about 2D
>While posting smug 2D girl

that smug girl would have more depth in 3D

I really like early game Terraria but I always lose interest when you start needing tons of chests to store and sort everything.

Attached: 1546167115864.png (340x580, 262K)

you can trash stuff or build a dedicated room

the game lets you store everything with one click to your chest, craft from the chest inventory themselves without having to take out anything, and sort everything on them with a single click, if it made it more simple, it might aswell not have any chest or crafting at all

fuck you and your OC

>created a world solely for storing shit
>took so long to organize everything into categories that a new update came out
>needed to redo the system entirely to account for new weapons, items, and blocks
why am I like this

What does this new patch add gameplay wise other than the new mode and backgrounds for the overworld?

Didn't they told that it will be in Q4?

Attached: Q4.png (778x123, 19K)

minecarts, blocks, weapons

I just came into this thread to say that Terraria is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest game ever made. The amount of time I got out of this small indie title is astonishing. Triple A devs wish their games got this much longevity. And I'm far from burned out, when the update drops I'll no life this thing (again) and create the ultimate, autistic world. I cannot fucking wait for it, I'm so hyped

Awaken from the abyss and be born again.

>and create the ultimate, autistic world
No, you won't. No matter how hard you try, you will never be a true lost soul who bears penultimate autism.

Attached: Terraria Autism.jpg (2124x3352, 1.77M)

everyday i wonder what has been going on with this guys life, this nigga is someone worth making studies about

It's been over 3 years since then. He probably was found dead in his chair, the power long gone out.

Probably some disabled fella who only got two feet and no arms or something. Someone who would be so detached from real life, they can spend all day playing video games and escape into one of these worlds.

I have been playing Thorium and I don't think I'll be able to go back to vanilla now.

post your hours and achievements, prove you're more autistic than i am

Attached: terraria autism.png (636x277, 88K)

Attached: Steam_2019-09-23_03-19-38.png (325x71, 21K)

>Expert mode Destroyer is a fucking nightmare, let it for last
uhhh...

have you considered the fact that you're completely wrong?

Idk, never had problems with him, evn on expert alone. Just prepare adequately and you should have no problems

>going on discords

Too bad wizards get super interesting only after moon lord, and even then, you probably have to kill him twice for the whole set

get stormbow from a hallowed mimic and holy arrows then build a rectangle out of blocks high above ground, it makes destroyer a fucking joke

Destroyer remains the easiest, you're a noob, kid

Use Fireworks to kill it instantly. If you dont like that, build a box 150 blocks above any structures, then just shoot it, while targeting the probes first

220 hours and basically every achievement with the exception of the fishing ones. God why did he make fishing so bad in this game? Worst of all is the 1 fuckin quest per day.

>Open TEdit
>Make minecart track spanning entire map high above ground
>???
>Profit

>Still playing Terraria in 2019
Time to move on
youtube.com/watch?v=smkdscv6SJs

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/magic-storage.56294/
Poof. One storage location.

I mine a shit ton of iron to make the heavenly train track and also a track that resembles the minecart track from the Ellmac bossfight in La-Mulana for wall of flesh because i'm autistic like that

>misgendering a tranny
>expecting not to get banned
you really are braindead, huh?

Literally the only way Starbound competes is through aesthetics. Its got a fairly nice looking lighting engine as well as some pretty nice looking materials/buildables. However due to the nature of the game there's no incentive whatsoever to explore this as it's only worth building on your ship, because why would you ever spend more than an hour on any given planet?

i think the summoner gameplay is more about being an utility class - managing things like mining, building arenas, exploring without the fear of monsters coming in and trying to rape your ass which forces you to at least get back from mining and beating whatever tries to get to you.
The problem with the summoner is that he is just too weak to be worth a damn when he needs to be fighting anything more powerful like bosses.
I think he should be buffed by giving him some more proper weapons that will be too inconvenient to use while doing other things.
I got an idea about giving the summoner items that upon use will give friendly minions a small boost to things like damage and speed but forcing you to use this constantly for proper stat boosts. imagine Thorium's bard class but also hitting friendly minions will give them the bonuses.

Attached: 1548607147215.jpg (572x303, 123K)

pretty much the only thing the game does better than terraria is the building, that is until you try to make some big structure and the game shits itself because it was coded by faggots who barely knew what they were doing, also the music is nice too, but it has that melancolic feel to it because it reminds you of the potential the game had way back when it was announced

Someone has to play it in a 4 man group

Even without the ridiculous bow destroyer is the easiest, just need antigrav, a ranged weapon or explosives, and a walkway a couple dozen blocks above, then just ran back and forth up there whilst raining whatever hell you can muster below.

alright, what do you guys think is the most difficult boss, for both normal and expert? (relative to the gear available at the time you fight them, obviously)
i'm thinking it's probably

get stormbow from a hallowed mimic and holy arrows/ichor arrows, then forget about mechanical bosses and go do duke fishron instead and get best wings/flairion.

...fishron or plantera for normal, and skeletron for expert
excuse my mid-post stroke

Are they going to remove mana/mana potion spam and decrease magic damage accordingly? It's just a prettier ranged class with annoying tidbits.

Planters has always been the bigger pain in the ass bc of the prep work and location

i honestly don't mind and sometimes enjoy building plantera arenas in the middle of the jungle, it's comfy
however, its really difficult in expert. moss hornets do way too much damage even by expert standards

>minecraft ripoff
Terraria and Minecraft ripped off each other.

>planned release date: 30 september
Oh shit. How come I only heard of this just now?

Attached: as.jpg (963x775, 186K)

Terraria 2 and Bannerlord. Things that will never get a release date.

because it was only a thing back in 2013
anyways don't bother, the actual threads about it are having a meltdown right now

Bannerlord is around the corner dude.

My plantea arenas always consist of boring down to the underworld from the surface, usually at least 20 blocks wide. Usually let's me have a nice clean corruption free chunk of world too, as well as making chloro hunting

retard

>prep work
wat
>buy dynamite
>apply gel to dynamite
>throw dynamite at mud until big hole made
??

Attached: kim jong carly.jpg (1001x768, 143K)

>he

Terraria 2 is a myth