Attached: mario zone.gif (450x397, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tdESE94vQwg
youtu.be/iSgqBcqLCog
youtu.be/iAGBa9MZu0o
youtu.be/U0A23e2rHWM
youtu.be/y_rNtWitUTk?t=28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I always liked this zone. Something about how bizarre and inexplicable it was even by the standards of the rest of the game.

I preferred the Space Zone with Tatanga. Nice boss and auto scroll level

This whole game is fucking odd for a "mainline" Mario game to be honest, almost as detached from the Mario lore as Mario Bros. 2 (USA).

Mario gets a big house and he´s rich but in other games he lives in a small but comfy house in the forest with his bro.

It was better than other zones by the merit that it had three bosses. Others were too easy.

Why did Mario have his own castle? Why did he have his own giant robot in his image?

>the level is in Mario's crotch
>it's full of balls

Attached: SML2_Mario_Zone_2B.png (160x144, 3K)

Technically it was one boss fight against three opponents. Though I suppose it is longer with more hits required.

I always found it annoying that Mario Land 2 had an easy mode when the game was already obscenely easy.
It would really shine with a hard mode

>Why did Mario have his own castle?

Gift from Peach?

>whole game is easy
>nearly every segment of Wario’s level is harder than anything in the entirety of the game

By all accounts, it really looks and feels a lot more like a Wario game.

Kinda fitting that Wario took over the Mario land series entirely in its very next game.

GET IN THE ROBOT, MARIO

MARIO ZONE

MARIO ZONE

Why does his island have a giant jack-o-lantern with a cemetary in it, or a house that makes you small when you enter it?

Macro zone was for giant fetish

here again

I just looked it up.

Super Mario Land 2 was designed by Hiroji Kiyotake, same guy who did the first couple Wario games.

Wario has major balls
Mario’s castle is missing a wall
Since when did he have a castle at all?
But whatever dude,
Now he’s on the move

Enter Voltron Mario’s shoe
Be super-careful or you might get screwed
There's a big turtle, he's gonna eat you,
Let him chow down and now you're his poo.

No raccoon or Tanooki selections,
But the bunny ears will give ya wings
Pretty soon, you'll exhume a complete collection
Based on every type of flying thing! ...right.

Now it's Crane Game Time let’s do this!
Grab a carrot! Grab a flower! Grab a heart, you can't resist!
Keep it goin'...

Best Zone

Attached: 21F5BE9B-2728-40DB-9207-0A46A72D8898.png (160x144, 4K)

How did they get away with it?

I'd be interesting in seeing a remake of the world games, mostly just prettying it up and adding another zone or two, but there's no doubt they'd make it look like the New Super Mario Bros style and utterly soulless

When did Mario own a castle?
Who built robo Mario?

The island is literally called "Mario Land," so maybe he ignorantly thought he could finally live at peace and run an amusement park.

Goddamn the amount of soul in Mario Land 2 and the Wario Land games as well as the Gamboy Zeldas show how good a game can be despite the massive technical restraints from its hardware.

Every game designers should pay attention to those games.

those 'n&b' blocks in one of the levels are a reference to nintendo's building block toys meant to compete with lego

Man this game had catchy music for having very little to work with.
youtu.be/tdESE94vQwg

95% of the OST is a remix of that theme.

I miss weird wacky zones like these after NSMB DS they just stagnated and went with the normal set of worlds.

That’s true but each of them have charm and have small changes which is endearing since they had so little to work
with.
youtu.be/iSgqBcqLCog

could have at least posted the best version

youtu.be/iAGBa9MZu0o

Pumpkin Zone

Attached: pumpkin zone.png (1233x781, 756K)

It was probably some Mario-themed amusement park that was built when Mario became famous after the events of SML1 and SMB1, 2 and 3.

And after Sticker Star everything became forever and definitely stale.
>According to an interview with some of the game's developers, the partner system prevalent in previous Paper Mario titles was removed because it was found to often conflict with the sticker-focused gameplay and the developers were asked by Miyamoto to, "As much as possible, complete [the game] with only characters from the Super Mario world." Miyamoto also asked the developers to change the gameplay and battles because he considered them to be too similar to The Thousand Year Door and asked the developers to greatly de-emphasise the game's story, saying "It's fine without a story, so do we really need one?"
Miyamoto's word is sacred in Nintendo EAD's offices, and he no longer wants OCs and variations of his characters in Mario games (with the exception of new species in Odyssey). Every Toad must have the generic design. Koopas can only have different shell colors. Shy Guys can have a very small accessory at most. Etc.

Attached: DUBxFXDVQAAinJv.jpg (500x518, 87K)

This applies to environments too. They don't even bother with new designs and zone archetypes anymore.

The cemetary is for all the Goombas and Koopas he slaughtered like in my edgy flash shorts.

This and SmokinSoft Weed Remover 4.20 are the best WeedMixes
youtu.be/U0A23e2rHWM

I like it, it's going for a SMW vibe.
I'm still disappointed at Mario Maker 2's SMW music. Its remixes are just so lazy compared to the original game's, which is a shame because MM1's airship theme is a great arrange of the castle theme.

It's not the exact same place as Sarasaland? Or maybe that kingdom gave him some money for rescuing Daisy?

I still want to fuck that toadette spy lady from TTYD.

I wish Mario's next game had Wario as the main villain. Give Bowser a rest. Hell I'd love it if Dimentio would also get a chance in a 3D platformer Mario game. I'm just far too tired of Bowser stealing Peach.

And another thing don't do the whole "Bowser gets a cameo so that you don't forget that this is a Mario game" god I hate that shit. Bowser doesn't need to show up when another villain is trying to prove their worth.

Super Mario Land 2 is the only non-racing/sport/party Mario game in which Wario has appeared.
They're never been together in a platformer or RPG game.

Technically the first Wario Land game also counts. Mario appears near the very end once you beat the final boss.

There's Mario 64 DS if you really want to count it.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Disappointing because if you ask me Wario by now is a much better villain than Bowser. Bowser has seniority, but over the years he's become far too good. He's a good dad, his minions love him because he's also a fair boss, he legitimately loves Peach and doesn't want to hurt her, etc. Wario on the other hand represents the values Mario lacks like his greed. That and you know that if it's valuable Wario will steal it. Wario also treats women like crap while Mario is a complete simp for pussy. Wario to me is a damn excellent concept for a foe.

Shame Nintendo will never use him in a 3D game as the main villain.

>Hell I'd love it if Dimentio would also get a chance in a 3D platformer Mario game

Miyamoto would immediately say no to Dimentio. He'd also say no to Fawful. He would block them both from being shown off in a 3D Mario game.

Keep in mind that's for third party collaborations, it's why Odyssey got away with different environments and designs since it's an internal studio.

youtu.be/y_rNtWitUTk?t=28
How did they get away with this?

I doubt thus will ever happen again unfortunately. They sorta gave up on Wario which is sad because they can be really creative with his reasons to be the main villain though it mostly boils down to him being a greedy pig.

Because at the end Wario loses. I hated that ending, you pay money to that cunt and yet she still steals the gold? Piece of shit. I wanted Wario to send her to a hospital after breaking all her bones.

I'm pretty sure she's still asshurt about Wario fucking robbing her of the genie in Wario Land 1 and generally causing loads of havoc for her crew in WL2.
Plus, she's a fucking pirate, what did you expect, her NOT to steal a humongous load of treasure when it's right in front of her?

We need to bring back Tatanga. Who's with me!

That is precisely why I wanted Wario to break her bones, she's a pirate aka a criminal. Don't care if she has a pussy, beat her up anyway til both her eyes are blue. Punch her nose in til it's crushed and she cannot breathe through it. Knock out her teeth. Squeeze her throat and damage that entire area. Break every bone in the rib cage and it goes on. She's a criminal, she deserves suffering by default.

Y'know all those coins Mario collects?

Barring that, if the ending of the next game is any indication, stealing it from under Wario's nose.

What nonsense the bosses were in this game.
Kid me was baffled by each one being so weird

Why mario build own statue with gimmick?
Why mario become bunny?
This game like dream while common cold

Attached: 495px-SML2RabbitMario.png (495x599, 291K)

based ESL user

Wario is basically permanently in the "hero" role now. He's been the protagonist of so many games and nowadays his worst crime is just being kind of gassy.

this. challenging, minimalist, banging music. Could have been it's own game.