Team Fortress 2 is 9/10

>Very high skill ceiling
>Tons of mods
>Big playerbase
>Free to play
>Runs on a potato
Why aren't you playing Team Fortress 2?

Attached: Team Fortress 2.jpg (460x215, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRSW0Y1SgoA
imgur.com/a/f7fbHoi
youtu.be/JqaI5LhNalk
youtube.com/watch?v=attUrDwfdr8
youtu.be/h03exHfEKKM?list=PL314951F2171A4805
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckt51K_Ynv8
youtube.com/watch?v=GolvMA4ZBTs&list=PL5990B46A0E6B1092
youtube.com/watch?v=TOPnlJ27dEk
youtube.com/watch?v=GAEOiIF8Piw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1ajobCgxA
youtube.com/watch?v=OalWDhYfdeg
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Projectiles#Projectiles
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11024
gamebanana.com/games/297
youtube.com/watch?v=oiuyhxp4w9I?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

community is too young and it makes me feel old

I can't. Just a few days ago i enjoyed tf2 for the first time in 3 years.

Attached: 1868275913_preview.jpg (1450x816, 512K)

Because we're playing Fistful of Frags today

>tons of mods
Do they work now? I'm still fucking annoyed about sprays.
>big playerbase
I'm starting to run into the same players a lot of times, not american so I'm slightly worried about this.

The way valve treats this game is heartbreaking.

>2008 Yea Forums

I started playing again 2 days ago and was surprised I got prinny cosmetics.
I feel like an old fucking retarded though. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be, I kept missing easy shots.

its cool but too furry

>Do they work now? I'm still fucking annoyed about sprays.

not on valve servers.

im not an autistic manchild

Dude I played it from 2009-2012. Can you really play the same game for more than a few years? There's so much shit to experience in life, 1,000 hours of TF2 was more than enough.

dead game

I played it just a couple of hours ago. Long ass match on 2fort where I got autobalanced twice. Still won it, tho.

I feel the opposite, actually

It's promising that it still appeals to the younger generation IMO

>>Runs on a potato
My pc never drops below 200fps in csgo but I somehow struggle to get past 90 on tf2, the game runs like complete dogshit man

>Runs on a potato
Used to run on a potato. So many hats have been added over the years that you'd be lucky to pull half as many fps as you did on the same machine with the same settings as when the game launched.

>runs on a potato
not since 2013

I had 300+ hours in it in my childhood.

played some of it when it came with orange box. that was enough i guess.

>The way valve treats this game is heartbreaking.
it gets worse when you look into it.

Don't know what happened in valve, but they fucked every single corner of this game, and nearly killed the community.

I want people to actually start getting mad at them. This game could last for atleast another decade, maybe two if they just released nice updates.

I love TF2, and love Banjo, but I hate this.

>I want people to actually start getting mad at them

nah community is too busy making content for valve to sell back to the community.

tf2 is in desperate need of modern optimization given that it's 12 years old and runs of spaghetti code.

Poor man's Overwatch

The game hasn't been properly updated in an eternity, and I'd rather play Smash Bros. When it does get properly updated, I'll return.

TF2 in its first several years is one of the best FPS games ever made. It became a extremely bad around the time it went free to play, and not necessarily due to that fact but rather a number of bad design choices that added up. The community and the scene of the game was pretty fucking ugly at that point, and I have zero desire to see what kind of cesspool it is at present.

I would have jumped ship to Overwatch if they had a good version of the Spy, but alas they didnt.

Because it is absolutely destroyed by cheats. Every single game usually has a spinbotter.

THE HEAVY IS DEAD

Attached: 1567955671930.png (925x665, 860K)

It would be a great game if the community wasn't complete AIDS

Really? CSGO is bloated out of the two.

Smart man's Overwatch

ah yes

quake with low movement speed and no hitscan

sooooo funnnnn

Attached: 1491064812740.jpg (623x414, 121K)

Then what are you doing on a board where we discuss a man child hobby?

I own Overwatch and would rather not play boring ass Overwatch

You should try TF2, it's free to play. You might be able to make more informed posts if you did this.

>Every single game usually has a spinbotter.
I rarely ever see one.

>Tfw my $50 hat from the Crate Depression finally sold today

Attached: 1526948207715.png (1280x1280, 562K)

I have 2.5k hours in TF2 and he's right, TF2 is basically Quake with much worse engine, slower movement, and very casual gunplay (projectiles that have huge splash damage, hitscan that are very easy to use, etc.)

I have never seen a spinbotter on any Valve server and I played since 2013
I live in Europe so I join Luxembourg servers and I don't know what it is like in Asia

I have 100 hours in the game.

There's no reason to play it instead of Paladins/Overwatch, or just Quake itself.

Want to shoot things from across the map using your godlike aim? Well in TF2 your only option is the Sniper, where you have to charge your shots and camp at the back of the map. Because literally every other character is designed to fight eachother from a distance of about 10 feet.

>mini-sentries exist
3/10

>I have never seen a spinbotter on any Valve server and I played since 2013
You are ABSOLUTELY full of shit, or else you have played like 5 games since 2013.

I had 10+ spinbotters yesterday, in valve US servers

I just started playing the game again after effectively quitting since Tough Shit and despite the downgrades I'm hooked once again with some of the fixed they've dome. It would appear my location and advantageous selection of maps had given me the opportunity to play with the oldies once again and live out the demopan dream.

That is not to say that Heavy with the Natascha, Family Business has not provided me with unusual effectiveness and joy as well. The same applies to Medic with the vaccinator, overdose, and amputator. However even with the gimped sticky jumper (why do the jumpers still have those god awful sounds and models) and with the never base jumper, sandbox loadouts are still possible.

Honestly, I don't feel like going back to Counter Strike Global Offensive after replaying Half Life, Team Fortress, Condition Zero now. Not even for mapping.

Attached: khh0tu87pjr11.jpg (1000x1000, 122K)

>mini-sentries

got nerfed so they're no where near as bad.
Current minis are generally a better mechanic than normal sentries. No more turtling shit, but backliners don't get free reign.

And yet it's more fun.
I don't understand why people suck Quake's dick so much.
>dude bhop
>dude memorize powerup spawns
>dude spam holy trinity

It's not "haha zoomers can't adapt", it's just fucking boring.

I'm guessing you're a healer main in Overwatch who hides behind shields

I’ve never seen any, maybe you’re just unlucky

>schizo trying to gaslight
kys

It's boring if you're shit at FPS games, sure. Losing is always boring.

just admit you can't aim or else you'd probably be playing CSGO or something

Bullshit.

Then it must be an American thing also I have 500 hours so I have definitely played more then 5 games

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-23-02-31-22-218_com.valvesoftware.android.steam.community.jpg (888x255, 66K)

That's precisely the issue. I can aim and just mashing spacebar+ctrl and spamming rockets at feet gets old fast.
Go back to crying about lightning gun being OP, I guess.

forgot a 1

Attached: 1528314724672.jpg (1750x2500, 428K)

Wow, really?

Want to do a Quake Live 1v1 real quick? You can host the server or choose one. This should be easy for you. Quake is easy as fuck and boring to you on that account, right?

>shitposters pretending to be quakefags from rpgcodex foaming at the mouth about half Life and everything related to it
>then they move on to counter strike
>now team fortess whilst pretending the previous two were better
Take your meds.

Attached: 1568871636895.jpg (300x300, 9K)

roflcopter why would I be crying about LG being OP when I'm in here crying about your game not having guns like LG. quake is pretty much TF2 with hitscan like LG and RG added in. most of the game in quake is shooting people with rail or lightning gun while most of the game in TF2 is spamming rockets or shotgun.

>this is your brain on animated cartoon shorts

You don't have this problem if you manage to votekick them within less than a few minutes, even with the name changing and chat clearing (not really) bullshittery.

>t. EU Central

HE'S IN

Something spooky happened. i was playing a game and ghot autobalanced and saw a friendly sniper on my team with my name.
>must be a spy who disguised before I auto balanced. Weird because I don't play sniper
>It's not a spy
I check the teams and player on out team. He walks like a bot and is clearly an aim bot. He's got no pfp obviously.

It eventually got kicked but it really surprised me. I didn't know bots would steal your steam name. I have a very odd name. A guy in the game said it's happened to him before. Any of you experienced this?

Attached: im gonna kill myself.png (681x472, 197K)

>not playing as scout
retardo el taco alerto

I prefer the original

Attached: TF-redClassesWikia.jpg (512x384, 37K)

There are cheats that steal player's names constantly and spam the chat with spaces/invisible characters so you can't write anything. Lucky you if you've never seen them.

My nibba.

>tf2
>high skill
lmao

I've seen a million of those chat spammers. Never seen the name stealer though. Only got back to playing a month ago. Did they exist in 2013?

cope

CSGO is shit even if you can aim.

that's why we play quake lil nukka

The difficulty of the game increases when there are more skilled players in the game. If you are talking about general skillfull games you need to be loking at Arma III

Tried figuring out how to play it with an Xbone controller earlier but had no clue what I was doing. All I could do is move the cursor around and I could t select anything. I just wanted to play it on my tv with my laptop

Nobody plays Quake though.

Yeah www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKeqvn71GCk though I remember them being faster, maybe it was in GMod or another source mp game.

What a horrible combination

I play quake. singleplayer

They capped the move speed to counter speed hacks.

anyone here wants to get rid of it sell their backpacks?

the fact he doesn't have a medic shoved up his butt is nice.

I main scout how do I get better at fighting Pyros and Soldiers? Good demos give me trouble sometimes to.

Attached: bokusatsu-tenshi-dokuro-chan-gif-6.gif (500x348, 981K)

>Very high skill ceiling

Attached: 17F.jpg (720x720, 53K)

jump when fighting pyros. don't go near them when they see you. Meat shot them when they don't see you and jump away. use your pistol and they can't do shit.

Soldier is basically the same, but bait out shots by double jumping when they shoot.
Never fight indoors.

Why

Attached: 1517619971190.jpg (848x480, 91K)

What? How? The game simply runs infinitely better

I fuckin' AM dude.

Attached: 1523604246404.jpg (400x384, 30K)

What kind of servers are YOU going to?

Thanks user.

don't forget to take risks though, that's half the fun playing scout.

why does she looked like she was modeled in five minutes.

Attached: 200px-Chicken_girl[1].png (200x222, 59K)

Because I get burnt out dealing with sweaty idiots on casual thinking it's competitive at all. They get so anal they'll kick people over class choices, and that shit usually never happened in pubs before matchmaking. I still like the game and I enjoy shitposting every single random crit bindspammer and micromanager I come across, the latter in particular is extremely tiresome since they can't even take a joke 100% of the time.

Trust me i know how to risk. Even though i've clocked in 500+ hours most of which are on scout, I almost always have more deaths than kills. So you could say I'm a pro risk taker

Attached: Dokuro-Chan.jpg (500x366, 33K)

I have never been kicked for picking meme classes. In fact I've been kicked for NOT picking the 9th sniper when our team is going all sniper.

Stupid voice over, items and memes that weren't even there a few years ago and give you the feeling of being inside a baby's toybox or how I imagine a Paw Patrol episode looks like. Shitty Valve servers and shitty community maps shoved down your throat. The amount of bullshit is just unbearable.
It used to be a stylish but simple, minimalist in the good sense of the word. Now it is F2P trash through and through, you get what you pay for.

Attached: 1304619986283.jpg (600x597, 42K)

>, I almost always have more deaths than kills. So you could say I'm a pro risk taker

Noice.
Scout turns around once you learn the flow of meatshotts and closing in on your opponent.

This is cancer. All this meet the spy meme garbage can burn in hell.

>All this meet the spy

are you fucking what

That's never happened to me. The opposite even. I was on Dust Bowl and some angry ESl guy keep screaming down the mic calling everyone idiots for getting killed. Screaming, "Idiot spy behind you spy check! Idiot" Then someone vote to to kcik him and he was gone and everyone was having fun lauging boaut how angry he was getting on a casual game. I agreed and said being passionate is fine and all, but berating other players for playig the game is just an asshole move. The real cancer is the friendly tards who kick you if you try to play the game and kill friendlies. Even if I join in with the fun it's at my own risk, no one should be kicked just because they don't want to be autistic. I hate friendlies in general. I don't always kill them but if they're on our team while everyone's making an effort I call them out and tell them to help or frick off.

Holy shit, never noticed how bad her model looks.

Feel free to educate me on what epic short that belongs to, though I don't give a fuck and wish all that cancer and the people who find it amusing to disappear.

No I'm actually good at moving, flanking and all that. I can't aim for shit. I'd miss a standing sniper. it's sad really. I'd probably be better off as pyro or Heavy, i always dominate with them but it's just not as fun as running around and dying to a stray nade

why are you here

I've ran into those too. In particular the most recent case of class-kicking was me swapping off sniper to help build an engie's shit up at spawn, swapped back, got voted off for being a "useless sniper" before the round began. I didn't even say anything or do anything else particularly cunty, I literally just entered the game, helped someone out and got booted.
On one hand I'm partially offended because I didn't even get to call them a nigger first, on the other it's fucking hilarious. I keep recalling this and it still amazes me.

OP wanted to know why I don't play that steaming pile of shit anymore. I'm answering.

Don't aim with your mouse with scout, aim with A and D.

You don't play the game because of a video you don't even remember?

I do that sometimes when I'm pacing a parallel target. But that's a good idea, i'll try it out

why do quake players obsess over tf2 so much?

Try playing doom for a bit with keyboard only, gets you used to it.

I dunno similar engines so they translate back and forth well.

Because of how the devs pander to the people who like that shit.

>why are quake players so autistic
Don't know

>yfw THE HEAVY IS DEAD

Attached: watch_v34Rk_DC3B9c00_02_350001.png (1280x720, 1022K)

>Because of how the devs pander to the people who like that shit.
Like what shit?

Did he actually die?

NO, YOU

Yes, he died in real life

HEAVY HAS COME TO MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT. ENEMY SNIPER IS BITCH-ASS MOTHERFUCKER. HE PISS ON MY FUCKING MEDIC. THAT IS RIGHT, HE TAKE HIS TINY FUCKING BABY JAR OUT AND HE THROW PISS ON MY FUCKING DOCTOR. AND HE SAY HIS GUN IS "this big, mate," AND I SAY THAT IS DISGUSTING. SO I MAKE CALLOUT POST ON TWITTER DOT COM. SNIPER, YOU HAVE SMALL GUN. IS THE SIZE OF HEAVY'S PINKY FINGER BUT SMALLER. AND GUESS WHAT? HERE IS WHAT MY WEAPON LOOK LIKE. OOOOH! THAT IS RIGHT, BABY, SIX BARRELS, NO CHARGE METER, NO RELOADING. LOOK AT HER. SHE LOOK LIKE TWO AMMO PACKS AND SENTRY GUN.

HE KILL MY MEDIC, SO GUESS WHAT? I WILL KILL ENTIRE TEAM. THAT IS RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET. MY SUPER MINIGUN CRITS!

EXCEPT I NOT JUST KILL ENEMY TEAM. I GO HIGHER. I BLOW UP THE BOMB CART!

HOW YOU LIKE THAT, REDMOND? I BLOW UP THE BASE, YOU COWARD!

YOU HAVE 60 SECONDS BEFORE NEXT FUCKING ROUND BEGIN. NOW GET OUT OF FUCKING SIGHT BEFORE I KILL YOU TOO.

Attached: 1569121971316.png (1160x898, 772K)

Can also vouch for this user

Attached: hours.png (684x216, 132K)

>>Yes, he died in real life

aw that sucks. I liked him.

Alright Class you main and why and what would you change about your class given the chance?
Scout
Speed and the ability to get into the action quick suits my ADHD brain
Make level one sentries(maybe even mini sentries) lock on to him slower. Scout gets btfo'd too much by every type of sentry

Attached: Penance.jpg (274x247, 15K)

Valve's cosmetic jewery ruined it, and the dev "team" listening to comp fags, nerfing weapons and trying to CS:GO-fy it shat on it's corpse.

It's fun to go on a server and fuck everyone's shit up or get your own shit fucked up by another old fag, it's just not as fun as it once used to be, and never will be, reminds me of Tribes Ascend in it's late days when Hi Rez started removing maps out of rotation and fucking up gameplay balance, shit was just never the same.

Attached: Q9APc.png (1365x767, 232K)

I think its an american thing, I see spit botters all the time.

Attached: j-just a few more hours before 4000.png (263x118, 30K)

Spinbots always get kicked if they are by themselves. The more insidious type of cheater has crit hacks or aimlocks that its harder to spot if you are on his team and harder to convince your team to vote out.

>yfw I LIVE!

Attached: 1565283370249.gif (452x474, 1.59M)

>Alright Class you main and why and what would you change about your class given the chance?

Demo knight.

swap metal pickup shit to booties.
Demo sword switch speed nerf reverted.
Trying to think of a good nerf, but demoknight is a jokey class so its hard.

give airblast resistance on booties too

Ah wait thought of a nerf.
Remove the crits on sword swings and change them to mini crits, Shields do 80 damage base, uh like 130 for what ever its called.

crit distance does bonus damage for shields.

Now demoknights have to actually hit their shield bashes, and shield bashes combo. Free crits are annoying as frick.

Sniper because I'm a cunt and get too aggressive with other classes.
Nothing, he's perfect the way he is, but wish there was more incentive to use SMGs tho, higher capacity and faster fire rate maybe, since you'll likely be killed before you get a chance to fire 3 bullets anyway..

Attached: 54564121200117.png (500x547, 204K)

Huntsman sniper.

Rope arrow and bonus health like gunslinger would be nice. Hardest part about playing huntsman is that you need flat areas or else its impossible to get quick headshots. Maybe increase the vertical hit box for headshots.

I read this as a sentence-splice.

Attached: 36f314f9a0e366fc71b02fa2767f0c29_old-smiling-man-old-meme-guy_267-400.png (267x400, 137K)

Why didn't I sell my Bill's Hat for ~$169 years ago and why don't I regret it?

It's funny what type of peopel you see in TF2. I was on 2fort maybe a few days ago and naturally we have 4 snipers on our team, some of them scarily good. And I keep seeing this enemy blue heavy keeping walking out onto the walk way and try to mini gun the four enemy snipers from across the map. Only to get his head blown off and try again. I keep telling to stop because he can't outrange them. It baffles me. In the same or maybe next game we had an engineer who clealy had no idea what game he was even playing, likely a young child who just go t a steam account. And we need a sentry in intel or the place leadin to it, he just stumbles around the spawn room for long periods of time and occasionally walks out and place down a sentry, and stares at it while it builds. I tell him if he hits it while building it goes faster. Doesn't help I doubt he reads chat or even know about chat because he keeps building in front of enemies and doesn't even fight back. Anyone have any stories like that. It's interesting.

>support game from day one by buying it at retail price
>play for more than 4 years on a daily basis dedicating my youth to it and creating now widely used ingame tactics
>it goes free to play
>get a fucking hat as thank you
>servers flooded with eastern european kids and their shittily written bots
>Influx of scrubs, magically get top of scoreboard in most games

The fun and nostalgic feeling has died off

Considering how this was supposed to be a pilot to an adultswim TF2 show, they were probably told to throw a quick comedic Family-Guy-esque sketch in for the zoomers. Also don't forget that this is VALVE we're talking about. It's fair to say that she WAS in fact put together in five minutes.

Attached: 1568837237756.jpg (720x644, 25K)

>le small extra model on player make game run bad!
no you retard, you'd need 10,000 of those on screen at the same time to even beging to see a difference

>died before his update

Attached: 1569185180821.gif (344x338, 3.88M)

WHO KILLED HEAVY?

>csgo
nice corner staring simulator

utterly based

don't approach soldiers unless you're behind them or you know they're low HP or you have height advantage over them. in other situations soldier always wins vs scout in a fair fight. stand far away and drain their health while avoiding their long range rockets.

Embrace the autism and don't "fight" people, just bully them.

it's not the models themselves (although a lot of them are unoptimized as fuck) but all the extra attachments and particle effects (these are a big one) and shit
source is still quake underneath and if there's one thing that id tech 2 HATES, it's extraneous particles

>very casual gunplay (projectiles that have huge splash damage, hitscan that are very easy to use, etc.)
but these describe quakeworld perfectly

>no you retard, you'd need 10,000 of those on screen at the same time to even beging to see a difference
Now how can I tell you're a fucking fag whose never actually played the game on a pos PC?

When you're playing on a PC with low ram and integrated graphics or an old ass gfx card, the difference cosmetics and all the fucking unusual and particle effects make on fps is huge, hell I still get the occasional hang up or frame drop on a 1060 and an R5 1600.

Attached: GN6wadc.jpg (629x629, 59K)

She could model my five minutes if you catch my drift.

Attached: tumblr_p3kcx9r6371r2qkzbo1_r1_raw.png (1072x1280, 971K)

>high skill ceiling
kek, try playing SSBU then say that

There's no LGBTQA+ diversity.

>tf2ware server still populated
>classic menu background
How old is this screenshot?

LGBTQIAP+ you fucking bigot, pedophiles and intersex persons are just as valid

Attached: random crits.webm (418x240, 1.43M)

She only appears on screen for like three seconds so she wasn't worth the effort.

>tfw no miss Pauling gf.
Why must god be so cruel?

Attached: 5f470d8d0363c12797d1ab4a31c860de66406789_hq.jpg (576x1024, 86K)

>Scout tapped this

Attached: 1569022746218.gif (245x245, 944K)

I've fuckin' despised the state of TF2 since the Mannconomy update, but hear me out
>Make standalone copy of TF2
>Revert back to the pre-FTP title and loading screens
>Remove all particle effects, weapon skins, and paint colors that aren't team-dependent, neutral, or muted
>Remove or simplify/remodel weapons that are too outlandish or out of place, even for TF2's cartoony style (themed shit, the alien weapons, pyroland, promotional, etc.)
>Probs no more demoknight/crossbow/huntsman shit
>Remove all cosmetics that don't fit the same standards as above, including holiday items
>Make all cosmetics and weapons available by default
>Remove maps that go too far from the original art direction, basically the exotic and Halloween ones
>Keep Frontier but change the garish train to look more appropriate
>Remove the stupid shutting doors transition between rounds
>It's set in the 60's again
>"Vintage Team Fortress 2"

Attached: actual good art direction.jpg (1280x471, 116K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jRSW0Y1SgoA
Still relevant after all these years. It's all about the fundamentals.

>Very high skill ceiling
For four classes
>Tons of mods
Most of them shit or dead
>Big playerbase
90% of them little kids playing on their mom's laptop
>Free to play
Only good if you're a poorfag
>Runs on a potato
Maybe in 2007, it's a cpu heavy bloated piece of shit now

Attached: tf2 weg.png (910x1285, 1.53M)

2012-2013ish, time flies user.

Attached: 158270_george_costanza020.jpg (410x308, 95K)

Because God is a Scout fan.

Attached: miss_pauling_cosplay__holmat_2017_by_psychohog-dbyaql8.png (1600x951, 1.93M)

>Pyros
handgun

>Why aren't you playing Team Fortress 2?

Every fun community server I used to play on is dead.

Dance around on props at medium range and dodge everything while you can hit them for 50 damage over and over. Takes a lot of skill and practice to do consistently. Alternatively just play 5CP and spam pistol.

Attached: 86902.png (383x286, 132K)

>Still relevant after all these years
No it isn't. If you spam double jump against good demos and soldiers you're going to get eat a direct. also using the bat is always a bad idea.

based, love tf2 concept art.

imgur.com/a/f7fbHoi

The heavy is dead??

The game is optimized like dogshit. Sure, offloading things like particles onto the CPU made sense in 2007, graphics cards weren't as powerful. But now, that decision has fucked the games performance dearly.

I run the game with an R5 1600 and a GTX 1080, the graphics card is barely used at all, almost everything is offloaded on the CPU. Most of the time performance will be fine, but in heavy gunfights the performance absolutely tanks, getting dips downwards of 30 frames per second.

A port to source 2 would be nice, but considering the game has so many features and add-ons that it was never designed for stitched on to it I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell that a port is ever going to happen.

Attached: 1552779868943.jpg (766x720, 71K)

>If you spam double jump against good demos and soldiers you're going to get eat a direct.
Pretty sure someplace in that video he mentions to not be predictable with your double jumps, but that should be obvious. Kiting to make use of weapon deficiencies is still relevant and Soldiers in particular are often even easier targets nowadays because so many of them use memeboots so they blow their primary load and then have no secondary to defend themselves, and their last-rocket escape rocketjump is often not far enough to where a Scout can't just trail them and do damage anyway due to map design being largely horizontal.
>also using the bat is always a bad idea.
I'll give you that one.

God I love this shit. Brings me back to slobbering over the Orange Box previews in PC Lamer all those years ago.

Attached: lCb9EJa[1].png (1544x868, 1.07M)

Attached: rjBvpUY.jpg (900x675, 126K)

>the game has so many features and add-ons that it was never designed for stitched on to it
What kind of features and why would they be a problem if Valve ever decided to port the game to Source 2?

Post the Santa version

>What kind of features and why would they be a problem

not him but unusuals for one.
Particles weren't meant to be used all that much in tf2. Source engine is shit at rendering particles.
Also the source engine was made when GPUs were pretty mediocre, so they basically dump everything onto your CPU.

These are the two main reasons tf2 runs like shit. Unusuals unironically killed the game.

Attached: download.png (224x268, 113K)

Delete this.

Attached: miss_pauling_cosplay_by_psychohog-d7ri3lo.png (800x1900, 1.92M)

Yeah, it is still relevant.
This guide is meant for beginners. Once you master it, you can move on to more advanced scout plays.

he DIED

Did any of you see the murderer?

because i sold all my unusual hats like 7 years ago and now most of them are worth like 10x the price i sold it

Attached: p1bmsi03hju21.jpg (1000x1000, 188K)

Is there a mod that allows me to remove all cosmetics on all players so my game runs more smoothly?

the game is good as is, just needs to have matchmaking removed and quickplay brought back
there, perfect tf2

ye

Thanks!

>advanced scout plays.
if you're gonna be a good scout you have to call them epic gamer moments

Can Kazooie be the wrench

I'm just not sure if its sv_pure proof though. it should be, I swore it was in the config.

>t. guy that posts his character loadouts in /tf2g/

Got stale and left the minute they nerfed phlog
Then went to Overwatch which got even staler
Then went to Paladins, had a fuckton of fun, and then left the minute it turned out Pepper would be the only fur and no other fluffy baps since, as well as stale gameplay and maps after awhile

Attached: 1543663089386.jpg (1800x1688, 718K)

my 2060 and 9600k runs it at stable 200-300 fps at max settings

Attached: 1509259578053.jpg (529x431, 33K)

>also using the bat is always a bad idea.
if thats the video I think it is, I don't think he recommends the bat. the idea is to simply keep fucking with heavy sightline.

>No it isn't. If you spam double jump against good demos and soldiers you're going to get eat a direct.
Spamming double jump is how you auto win those encounters. Not mindlessly of course.

>pyro phlog fur fag

stop being a stereotype.

>t. guy that hasn't played the game for more than an hour since 2010 but feels like he's entitled to an opinion on it
no, fuck off

you could scrap half the game and it would be an improvement.

Making loadouts is half the fun, you nerd.

Attached: Sweeny Todd Scout.png (382x428, 149K)

I've been playing other stuff off and on because let's face it, no matter how amazing any game is, you can get bored of it on a casual level if you play it for years at a time.

but yes TF2 is pretty much the best multiplayer game ever made IMO and I still go back every few weeks for a round of Scout, Sniper or hybrid Demo

post more miss pauling you faggots

Reminder that blue moon actually made aiming with the flamethrower worse, and randomly spraying optimal.

youtu.be/JqaI5LhNalk

I've been running into the same players on Australian servers since about 2013. It's not necessarily a bad sign though, unless you don't like somewhat tight knit communities

I wish I could disagree with your stance, but if I'm honest with myself, you're 100% right.

I enjoy the silliness that comes from the freedom to paint hats hot pink, and for the community to design crazy cosmetics on the valve workshop...
But then again, I also miss the beautiful art direction the game had.

It's still there- but buried beneath all the trash.
>Pic related.

Attached: TF2 artstyle is dead.jpg (1776x983, 575K)

>the dragon's fury will never be fixed

Attached: its too late now.gif (400x224, 2.74M)

>f2p
I paid $50 for this and some other games and I still want at least $20 back.

>the degreaser will never be fixed
>the axtinguisher will never be fixed

Don't be angry, newbie.

Attached: Untitled.png (824x589, 332K)

I think he's talking about the fact that you can get great frames in TF2 on any machine with the condition that you need to downgrade to DirectX8 and use a graphics config. I get over 100fps consistently with a config without having to even make the game look too terrible and my pc is pretty old

its currently the best flamethrower.

I remember going on the server browser and searching for literally any map and finding at least a dozen servers with 16+ players. My favorite map is cp_yukon and I haven't gotten it in the post MyM system once. Not once in 3 years. Anytime I try to search for it in the browser there'll be two servers; one is completely empty and the other has 3 people and 200 ping. Just another casualty of Valve's retarded matchmaking system.

It's boring as hell and also largely irrelevant

axestinguisher is the best its ever been desu.

You just have to use a config. If you're that worried about hats there's always the Nohats mod, though you can't use it on official servers but I play only lobbies+community servers anyway

>MFW

Attached: creature.png (476x271, 153K)

Not even in jest.

Attached: 1420240552596.gif (187x220, 607K)

>airblast refire time measured in hours

Nah, sorry m8
Nope, ma'am

It's still fun. The exact same core gameplay is all there, and the weapon unlock pool is better balanced than it's ever been

the current flamethrower is so fucking broken after blue moon, the dragon breath is genuinely way better. even if harder to aim.

quake with more air control, more content and a playerbase in the 10,000s as opposed to the Quake playerbase of 10s of people

>played TF2 when it came out with the Orange Box on 360
>didn't get the PC version until right around before Meet the Medic
>stuck with bronze badge
It's okay I didn't want to wear that waste of a cosmetic slot anyway. H-haha.

Attached: 1560723907339.jpg (718x960, 93K)

I will find him. I will capture him.
And no one will ever die again.

Attached: 1562820675070.jpg (894x893, 98K)

Sentry Buster lewds

THE HEAVY IS DEAD?!

Attached: 1475688865524.png (384x321, 207K)

>Want to shoot things from across the map using your godlike aim? Well in TF2 your only option is the Sniper
How is this even an issue? That 1 class has numerous loadouts to provide a variety of long range playstyles

It is absolutely not. It has a laundry list of problems. Also, get the fucking name right if you're going to defend it.

>dueling badge upgrades to silver with 240 wins
>only have 15
How do I initiate a duel with another player without looking like a tryhard / salty fuck?

Attached: 1556907755593.jpg (185x210, 12K)

I can't stop calling it the dragons breath.

dragons fury is hella good. pair it with scorch shot and you can handle anything too fast by juggling them.

Gets worse :^(

Attached: Untitled.png (374x690, 54K)

Alright lads, who's the worst person you've met on a 2fort server?

I thought I'd seen pretty bad (erotic rp, sex via taunts) but then some guy came on and began to loudly talk about how he fucked his dogs

Attached: autistic_child_ahead.png (492x419, 308K)

cosmetics look ugly as fuck and the game doesn't get updated enough
same issues as dota 2

Scammers

I think it's good for taking out sentries

It is. It's the Pyro's version of the Direct Hit.

Attached: download.jpg (229x220, 7K)

It's amazing people STILL complain about the brightly glowing, completely stationary sitting duck which can't shoot while it's setting up, can be killed in 1 grenade or 2 rockets, and has less DPS than the fucking Pistol. How are you people this bad at the damn game? Most Engies don't even use them anymore.

Sneaking suspicion most of these posts are from people who quit in 2014 or something

If people are being loud and annoying, I just mute them. However
>enemy team has at least 2-3 cheaters and they've pushed to your spawn
>enemy team refuses to kick

Attached: 1561418326603face.jpg (128x129, 7K)

or heavies, soldiers, demos, and other pyros.

Wanting to play any of the niche maps is hell if you can't get some friends together, even worse if you go set up your own server and look at the map selection, you get hit with a wave of nostalgia at the amount of interesting and great maps you haven't played nor seen in years, in the end nothing will remain except 2fort, turbine and dustbowl.

Attached: 1312514862918.jpg (422x410, 18K)

if you think the dragons fury is good you're a shit pyro. no way around it

Sniper Rifle is a direct equivalent to railgun though?? And Demo's arsenal is comparable to the Grenade Launcher in QL

never forgetti

Attached: 1488423320306.jpg (660x990, 187K)

>other pyros.
>ever not taking the opportunity to give the enemy pyro a gut of buckshot

dragons fury is a longer ranged shotgun. does near pointblank damage and has a faster firing rate.

>flamethrower that actually requires the pyro to aim instead holding W+M1 and waving your mouse around
>flamethrower that can't be airblast spammed
>you're a shit pyro
Stay mad, Engie.
And another thing...

Attached: 1522759189150.gif (220x220, 365K)

dragon's fury is for weenies

Its was the epitome of trade cuck

I'd just change Engineer entirely for all classes rather than just changing him to deal with Scout. sentries are one of the main problems with TF2's game pace, along with stickies, Heavy and Medic.

I'd love to rework them all to make the game more fast paced and offensive and less inclined to stalemate at the drop of a hat, but I know it'll never happen because Valve

please no swearing.

>There are hats so now the game is UNPLAYABLE
Based "le compfags!!" retard, stay mad that your sandman crutch got nerfed

I DID NOT PAY THREE FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS JUST TO LET SOME WORTHLESS GIBUSVISION SCORE A LUCKY KILL ON ME AND USE MY GOD DAMN GOLDEN FRYING PAN. Just when I decided to leave this board and think things would get better for me, no, now this fucking shit happens. Now I'm going to be leaving the game entirely unless someone does the right thing, and makes a server pluggin that completely disables this new feature. This is the biggest fucking loadout of bullshit to ever have been dumped onto TF2. This makes EoTL look like a good update. I think it's safe to say all other gold pan owners, saxxy owners, and gold wrench owners agree with me 100%. IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU PEOPLE? Suuuuuuuure people only are able to use the imbued weapons until someone kills them or they leave the server BUT EVEN THEN that is PLENTY of time for them to enjoy WHAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE. They didn't save money up for months. They didn't do hundreds of tours in MvM. They didn't make an amazing short film that earned them a saxxy award. They didn't get super fucking lucky and crafted a gold wrench. This is by far the single most unfair, inconsiderate, atrocious, move valve has ever fucking pulled. And it doesn't stop there, anyone who owns anything nice, something you hold dear to your heart. It could be something as simple as a specialized flaregun. Someone could just walk right along, pick it up, and use it against you. YOUR OWN WEAPON. How would you feel after getting blasted with your own pro ks aussie RL? or any other aussie for that matter? YOU'D FEEL LIKE SHIT. Now Imagine the situation I'm in. even if they killed someone else using MY pan, they do NOT deserve that kind of privilege upon scoring a melee kill.

>There are hats so now the game is UNPLAYABLE

true, but replace hats with unusuals.

Attached: busty sentry buster.png (776x1038, 309K)

>that is PLENTY of time for them to enjoy WHAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE. They didn't save money up for months. They didn't do hundreds of tours in MvM. They didn't make an amazing short film that earned them a saxxy award. They didn't get super fucking lucky and crafted a gold wrench.

I am so glad valve doesn't listen to these fags.

Attached: download (4).jpg (211x239, 10K)

valve's cosmetic shit is cringe and you're a retard for defending it

Attached: cringe.png (621x814, 1.09M)

I kinda like stalemates. Really makes it feel like you're wills and ingenuity and team work is being tested. Whose defences will crack first? Whose attack will break though. It feels like a real battle of attrition, going out there and trying different strategies. I just don't like getting raped by level one sentries like it's nothing

I am pleasantly surprised.

You're better off with the flamethrower in pretty much all circumstances considering that
>it's bad at close range
>it still can't shoot long range
>it can't spy check
>airblast is tied to the gun's refire rate, so it can't airblast immediately after firing a shot
>airblast has a massive cooldown and thanks to the above completely disables the weapon for the duration
>there is literally no upside to this massively worse airblast
>does only slightly more damage than the flamethrower if you hit every shot
>does less damage than the flamethrower if you miss even once
>every miss is effectively two consecutive misses because missing halves your fire rate
>variable fire rate encourages laying on the trigger on a weapon that actively punishes you for missing
>absolutely requires the target to have afterburn, a status effect that is countered by everything, to deal damage
>despite the above, applies next to no afterburn duration per shot
>due to the afterburn damage bonus mechanic, deals almost no damage on the first shot
>projectile has terrible hit detection
>projectile is rendered inert if another projectile is fired through it, making it terrible for fighting projectile classes
>projectile can be reflected by other pyros using a more useful primary
>and to top it all off it has no random crits

Shut up, weenie.

Attached: what_have_i_done__by_zp92-d76pz03.png (1000x712, 252K)

>Pyro update made to help arguably the worst class in the game
>three months later valve makes Pyro worse than it ever was
I guess Heavy won in the long run.

What's your favorite custom map to this day, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1463314427562.jpg (2000x1204, 494K)

>>it still can't shoot long range
hardly anything can
>it can't spy check
Hit box is large enough it can and you should be using scorchshot to spy check
>does only slightly more damage than the flamethrower if you hit every shot
Yes if the target was standing still, the flamethrower's dps drops substantially once your opponent moves
>every miss is effectively two consecutive misses because missing halves your fire rate
I don't think its half, but just don't miss.
if you at least nick them, it won't halve your fire speed.
>variable fire rate encourages laying on the trigger on a weapon that actively punishes you for missing
Dont hold the trigger down.
>absolutely requires the target to have afterburn, a status effect that is countered by everything, to deal damage
lasts long enough that you can do this to pyros.
>>despite the above, applies next to no afterburn duration per shot
afterburns a meme
>due to the afterburn damage bonus mechanic, deals almost no damage on the first shot
that's the intended mechanic.
>projectile has terrible hit detection
it was minimized to make it harder to hit, actually the real problem is that it has way too high of hit detection and clips the enviroment when the hurtbox is smaller than the enviroment box.
>projectile is rendered inert if another projectile is fired through it, making it terrible for fighting projectile classes
rarely seen this happen
>projectile can be reflected by other pyros using a more useful primary
timing that is a bitch for the enemy pyro, good on them if they get it.

its not a one and done weapon, it needs to be used in the right situation. its really good once you get a feel for it.

Attached: _17011-.jpg (1920x1200, 600K)

>>Pyro update made to help arguably the worst class in the game

he could nuke groups of enemies as if he was focus firing them.

Wow that's what I totally said there you mentally disabled mongoloid, shouldn't your handler be taking you to school?

And cosmetics destroyed the aesthetic of the game, that's not up for debate.

This

>there are people, on gods green earth, that don't know how to drive the cars in mariocart

>any mario_kart except the original
>changing out the vintage 4cahn memes for fucking Luigi-Os
is this a goddamn joke

>>Pyro update made to help arguably the worst class in the game
Pyro had it way worse before he could airblast. Plus, that update gave him the backburner and flare gun. The jungle inferno update was meh but at least he got some neat stuff like a jetpack for mobility and the dragon's fury for pyro mains who can aim

>>get a fucking hat as thank you
TF2 wasn't even that expensive in the first place. I bought it pre-F2P as well and I didn't feel like I deserved anything for the fact that other people got it free 4 years later.

Do you know what the peak population of TF2 is today in 2019? Hovering around 40,000 last I checked. Do you know what the peak population was in the months before the F2P update? Fucking barely hitting 9,000. If they hadn't gone F2P the game would be dead as a dodo today, that's a fact.
Don't blame the game for you getting bored. Blame the fact that you've been playing since fucking release. No game deserves to be judged negatively for not staying the same level of fun for TEN (10) YEARS PLUS of constantly playing it.

>update called Jungle Inferno
>has nothing at all to do with fire or infernos
>has everything to do with yetis, a creature that's very much like the heavy in stature
>heavy coincidentally gets a yeti costume
>pyro's new unlocks range from garden variety bad to literally useless
>the "consolation prize" is the best weapon added in the update by leaps and bounds
I still hold that Valve expected heavy to win the contest and then decided to shit on pyro out of spite when he won instead.

that one racecar that went into the air, should have played ducktales-moon theme, when it went into the air.

Attached: 69642632_460490591346399_627388591813014727_n.jpg (750x750, 43K)

I did but eventually, you get tired of how the game is either a total stomp of your team because you have 3 Snipers and Spies or the opposite team.

Attached: buildin a sentry.png (1280x720, 429K)

Because minorities and comp niggers have infested casul mode and need to be burned alive in their homes for ever opening their mics

Attached: 1560932035172.png (1007x838, 502K)

Because the servers I played in are dead, my favorite items are dead, and I hate the current playerbase. I can't think of a single reason to comeback.

you should be able to airstrafe airblasts as opposed to having your control reduced by a fuck load.
try and change my mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=attUrDwfdr8

Only qualifies if your map looks like pic related and this is playing in the background. I miss the 500 variants we used to have, which sometimes the middle building being five stories tall. Now most maps runs the exact same two or three with maybe one lone server doing running one that's vaguely different.
youtu.be/h03exHfEKKM?list=PL314951F2171A4805

Attached: 64B477308C8BF1964C169F6CD686C25993F76AF1.jpg (1280x720, 217K)

*Clap clap clap clap*

You can tell the person who made this post hasn't played since ~2013 by the image. Half of the negative things in that picture are completely irrelevant to modern TF2: haven't seen a Lenny in chat in years and ponyfags are just about extinct (I see them more often on the catalog of this board than ingame).

As for kids, what large multiplayer game doesn't have them? For fuck's sake, I played TFC when I WAS a kid

>all that missing the point
>all that "well it's supposed to be bad!"
You've obviously not used the gun for anywhere near the length of time that I have, ESPECIALLY if you've "rarely seen" something that happens literally every time a projectile is fired at you.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ckt51K_Ynv8
Don't give me that "you just need to know how to use it" shit. I know exactly how to use the Dragon's Fury and it's fucking terrible.

Attached: 20190917165432_1.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

you can sort of, its WAY better than it used to be. The old airblast knock back was horrid.

>comp niggers
sounds like someone's an assblasted faggot

>aim slightly off from directly at the rocket launcher of a soldier aiming directly at him
>lights him on fire

seems fine

>Left the minute they nerfed phlog
Good fucking riddance shitter lmao

tf2 its one of those weird nowadays games that are easy to learn, hard to master.

it's still extremely shitty though.
you get hit by any other sort of knock back near a cliff, you have the potential to air strafe back to safety.
with airblast you're fucked unless you aren't knocked back that far.

>t. squeaker that got phlogged

>though you can't use it on official servers
Not true in the slightest, I've used a no hats mod for the past year and I only play on official servers.

Are you stupid? The only time he hits the soldier in the video is when the soldier does not fire a rocket.

you honestly have a fair amount of air control still. Just don't stand near cliffs though, they're supposed to be treacherous :^)

I don't remember this being one of the songs in the map. I only remember a couple buttrock songs and the original Mario Kart music.
youtube.com/watch?v=GolvMA4ZBTs&list=PL5990B46A0E6B1092

Ah now I see, then just avoid shooting when hes shooting.

Seriously though, I've never seen this happen. This looks pre-blue moon.

>you honestly have a fair amount of air control still
almost none isn't really fair.

Why the fuck is there still no porn of the calendar girls after a decade of this game being shoved in adolescent faces? Surely someone would have been inspired by now

Aight you got me, I'm playing it

>almost none isn't really fair.
I've seen a lot of people go over the edge with the knock back and come back down to the edge.

post seventy examples.

>>pyro's new unlocks range from garden variety bad to literally useless
Eh? Jetpack is actually quite good

Can't disagree on Ass Passer though it's probably the worst weapon in the game

It was one of the songs, I'd hear it on almost every Mario Kart map in the day. They'd also play Battle 1 and as you said buttrock.
youtube.com/watch?v=TOPnlJ27dEk

>Why the fuck is there still no porn of the calendar girls after a decade of this game being shoved in adolescent faces? Surely someone would have been inspired by now

Attached: tumblr_mq4c7vK0KX1sbo8xeo1_400[1].png (336x280, 79K)

>just avoid shooting when hes shooting
Seriously, are you stupid?
>This looks pre-blue moon
It isn't look at the date.

Attached: 2224.png (142x234, 10K)

More like “moderately difficult to learn and moderately difficult to master” because you need to sift through a dozen guides to learn the basics of a game

Attached: 1CF07E66-B95D-43AF-9AFA-AB986A0C59F0.jpg (228x221, 6K)

Seventy examples

>playing comp
>dealing with a pack of retards and shitters who quit as soon as they're about to lose to spite you
>dealing with people who clearly rode the short bus screaming about you not following their retard instructions
>Dealing with the sam people who lobby on the forums for weapon "balancing" in their favor every fucking update
There is literally no reason to have to suffer the presence of these subhumans without them being on the wrong end of a gun.

Attached: 1564648632979.jpg (422x442, 55K)

That's the one I was thinking of. Shit.

>It isn't look at the date.
... jesus christ why has it been so long

fine, i'll lower it to fifty.
you have till next wee.

>you have till next wee.
I can't hold it in that long.

tough luck, pal.

tf2 is awfully optimized nowadays, I has plenty of sub 60 fps drops on a phenom quadcore in 24 player maps in 5cp, and that's on like medium/low

They do it to confuse people who votekick

>and the game doesn't get updated enough
All of us would like another update but is this really a fair complaint to make about a game with 170+ weapons, 100+ official maps, 14 official gamemodes and literally thousands of custom maps and gamemodes and mods to playthrough (plus, all the other little features like stranges and duels)

The Thermal Thruster is the most useful of pyro's Jungle Inferno unlocks, but that's a very, very low bar. It's barely useful offensively, useless as an escape tool, and it deprives you of your only long range weapon.

>overwatch but there is only 9 guys instead of 30 and they don't have ultimates
no thanks

>It's funny what type of people you see in TF2
I got dominated by a sniper roleplaying as Mrs. Brisby from The Secret of NIMH

>phenom quadcore

time to upgrade gramps

this game has SOUL

Attached: 2313132.jpg (720x720, 56K)

last time I played comp they kept going for the next point one at a time when we were at our last

based eltorro poster

>tf2ware
ah, simpler times...

Cause I'm not a third world shitter.

Sorry the overwatch general is in /vg/

>do highfive with teammate and we both press k at the slap

Attached: 1531514997123.jpg (645x773, 57K)

took me forever to figure out what k did during taunts.

>beta overwatch
ok boomer

TF2 isnt hard at its core, the movement and weapons feel pretty fair. What's hard is learning how to move around maps, gauge where people will be located (or looking) and what you really want from each match.

Attached: 1564380869458.png (526x782, 256K)

>guides
nigga dont come whit that gay shit to me, you learn while you play, and there exist servers for rocketjumping learning
>hur durr just shoot at your feet
yes thats basic rocketjumping, but this is advanced rocketjumping
youtube.com/watch?v=GAEOiIF8Piw

Because my heart got scammed and I've never touched it since.

Story?

reminder to use the original so you can left side wall jump.

>1:40

seriously how the fuck do you dolphin jump

gentlemen

i've come to say the n word

Attached: I give up 3.gif (480x270, 2.21M)

MY FUCKING SIDES

Attached: 1553564422795.jpg (480x480, 21K)

i stopped playing tf2 years ago when my friend traded my unusual purple energy team captain to himself at school one day.
he never gave it back and kept playing it off as a joke and "its just a game stop being so sensitive" when i asked for it back.
he sold it to another friend for over a thousand dollars and i got none of it.
unironically gave me depression for years.

Attached: 214.jpg (615x630, 35K)

weapon concept:
Engie 2ndary:
pistol that if you shoot an enemy sticky, it becomes yours, which you can detonate with a double tap of right trigger same as demo

I still play the console version(s)
Great fun breaking the game
Haven't played the PC version in like 5 years

user, there was a point where you should punch and forced him to give it back or at the very least beat the living shit out of him, but to be fair, why the fuck did he have your password or you leave your account oppen?

So you can show that demo trying to blow up your nest by stealing his stickies and then blowing yourself up with them?

Attached: cunningplan.jpg (367x238, 49K)

how many hours you guys got? i've been playing since 2009
I got 3482

>2010
>3728
i would have more but my pc has died twice during that lapse of time and my internet right now its literal dogshit.

>t. squeaker that could only function in the game by using phlog

boys how do you scam in this new age of jewguard?
back in the day i would be literally making hundreds of dollars a day stealing from children.

you're incomprehensible and bat-shit retard, shut up.

>the shitty ripoffs
>not the OG Xenon Mario Kart from 2007

WILL WE EVER GET A TF3 WITHIN THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
WOULD IT BE VIABLE?
I IMAGINE TF2 IS STILL SUCH A RELENTLESS CASH MACHINE THAT IT JUST ISN'T A SMART IDEA WHATSOEVER TO MAKE A NEW ONE...

Attached: 1564996646119.jpg (418x359, 20K)

What's the trading economy like these days?

>no u

Because it was Fortnight for millennials. You have shit taste if you ironically enjoyed that crap.

>Runs on a potato
no

pass the whiskey

don't miss with the walker if you get it user

>big playerbase
It's been reduced to argentinians now.
>tons of mods
Fucking ton of games has those.
>high skill
>aimlessly shooting because you'll get crits anyway
>high skill.

full of bots and trannies

Attached: 1569118134101.jpg (600x849, 125K)

it's not about team fortress, user. it's about class based arena shooters in general. You are now the guy asking why galaga is not being remade on message boards in the 90s. Everyone is playing metal gear solid and ocarina of time and you just want to get your high score fix. Just remember the good times while you can

Not fat enough.

>graphics have majorly downgraded over the years
>hackers still rampant
>art style gutted for hats
>pyro still broken after having a whole update devoted to him
>heavy update never because valve is run by monkeys
>playerbase full of children, furries, redditors
>game still not optimized for any current computers and crashes constantly
it's like a 6/10 at it's current point

TF2 died when Mann Co. released.

Just make it a soldier class locked duel and challenge the topscore/topfrag player on the enemy team

Attached: MY LEGS ARE BARELY WORKING CAN YOU CARRY ME A MILE OR TWO.png (686x942, 474K)

Stallone is so shitty oh my god

Because I can only play on Saturdays since weekday school assignments and I lose track of time when I play TF2 despite having +6 hours free

1) install mastercomfig
2) thank me later

Soldier is my worst class. I honestly don't fucking understand how people consistently land hits.
>just aim at their feet
Every rocket seems to have the same explosion radius as the Direct Hit. I fucking hate playing soldier.

Just hit directs

Attached: Rocket launcher splash.jpg (1334x750, 130K)

oh yeah

Attached: 3.jpg (496x305, 49K)

it doesn't run well even on supercomputers, tf you mean runs on a potato

True, but on the other hand, swapping a weak long-range option for a gapcloser is still a good tradeoff when you're a close quarters class

Attached: tf2.png (1400x500, 205K)

convoy

Did they allow people to trade the unboxed hats yet?

too many hat fags

I unironically enjoy mvm but Mann up Mode is cancer because of people grinding for australiums

Every single time I dominated you as scout, I earned it.
There's no "luck" as scout, you just got outskilled.
Go cry some more about lime scunts.

Attached: 4a3ef294a2700a58f01d85401c32de70f159afc4r1-250-364v2_uhq.jpg (250x364, 13K)

Because I just played like 4 hours, gotta go to sleep

*WHIRRRRRRRR*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1568917349909.png (420x420, 70K)

Why do basic killstreak weapons cost money? I understand premium shinies, but a simple kill counter seems like it should be a basic feature.

>FPS rep
>Valve rep
>PC rep
>Face of his game, that has been alive for 12 years without leaving the top 10 most played games on steam
>Great moveset potential
>Would be unique
>Another heavyweight
>Would bring good music
>Would bring a cool stage
>Great character design
>Goofy enough to fit smash
>Would attract a lot of new players
>Would BTFO overfags

Attached: 68575465857.jpg (868x488, 94K)

>I kinda like stalemates. Really makes it feel like you're wills and ingenuity and team work is being tested. Whose defences will crack first? Whose attack will break though. It feels like a real battle of attrition, going out there and trying different strategies.
They have their place, but they happen too often. Attack/Defend and to a lesser extent Payload are already dedicated gamemodes for people who enjoy that kind of experience.

But on the other hand, gamemodes like 5CP, KOTH and TC are supposed to be about the fast backwards and forwards flow of movement across points, and CTF was once upon a time the same way. youtube.com/watch?v=Mm1ajobCgxA

There's only so much depth in gameplay you can get from figuring out how to get your Medic and his pocket to destroy a turtled Sentry. The truly rewarding gameplay of TF2 comes from fast-paced movement involving all classes in wide distances across the battlefield where aim and movement skill are paramount, but these moments don't happen often naturally because Medic prevents attrition (removing reasons to push), Heavy and Engineer are too defensively biased to participate most of the time and punish the enemy being active when they are participating, and stickytraps hidden in props are a constant instadeath threat over the head of anyone thinking about moving into enemy territory

Attached: watch and lear.webm (1280x720, 1.05M)

Koth doesn't really have a problem with stalemates, I mean the timer makes sure we're always done in 6 minutes or less.

It's a 10/10!

Attached: 1530711034591.png (753x960, 29K)

>shoot someone center mass from 10 meters away
>rng spread makes me do 11 damage

I haven't been dominated by a scout in forever.

>spending 2 grand on a weapon that can be used against you
>not spending 3 grand on a 1 of 1 unusual hat that no one else will ever own

Attached: 1523985750638.png (3000x3000, 945K)

I have no idea why but I never fucking see this map played on servers anymore, and if I do it rare

Attached: 1560270203792.png (957x720, 1.13M)

I don't trust valve to make another game like TF2. I don't think they can

hopefully it'll have some decent hitscan carry classes

this.

the last two things valve did was a card game, and fucking battle chess.

>all those letters of valve employees making fun of VNN and sending him false information
>just wants to be excited for the company and pass on the good news

Attached: i miss my chinese parents.gif (500x281, 992K)

Heavy:
>unga bunga me shoot boring hitscan stream gun while waddling slowly on the ground
>me eat sandvich
>me shoot shotgun
>me punch
>me punch but sometimes with more damage

Soldier:
>fire splash damaging projectile-based rocket launcher while midair
>use rockets to rocket jump
>air strike barrage
>shoot shotgun
>shoot righteous bison
>buff banner/conch/backup charges
>goomba stomp with mantreads
>float with BASE parachute
>market gardening airborne crits
>suicide tauntkill grenades
>necksnap

Soldier has much better moveset potential than Heavy

what do you want to see in a hitscan carry class that isn't already in TF2? genuine, sincere question

in quake you can rocket jump AND snipe at the same time

it's pretty fun

so I guess a mixture of range and mobility

like if soldier had an m14 instead of a shotgun

Yeah, imagine building your entire career and hobbies around a company only for that company to shit the bed AND shit on you

I can't remember the last time a scout dominated me
finally got pic related to hales own before any potential nerfs in the heavy update

Attached: natasha.png (321x160, 42K)

Why don't anybody in these threads ever talk about how fun Slender Fortress is?

Out of all of these, only Notch doesn't really need to be there since he's literally the only person who has it.

haven't played it. whats it like?

Nah. It's a good game, but it's rough and unpolished as fuck, and the community items suck ass for the most part

>in the heavy update
Ah, to still believe Valve will come through.

Attached: 208.gif (320x180, 615K)

It's okay man, VNN said there will be an update in October, we're good.

its even more fucked when you realise valve is lieing to him as a joke. for a fucking update they should be working on.

all mercenaries have potential, but heavy is THE tf2 mercenary, personally I would be happy with any tf2 rep

Attached: 1567745225462.gif (75x80, 146K)

Its not as if I believe its soon, but they will change heavy to make sandvich an option and not a 100% pick.
his mini unlocks needs adjustments, and the steak sandvich needs to be hard buffed or the sub-class can't function.
Its not like the gotta reinvent the wheel like with pyro's update. He just needs balancing.

>but they will change heavy to make sandvich an option and not a 100% pick.

just give him demo move speed when the minigun isn't equipped and the switch speed to minigun is 100% longer. suddenly the shotgun is insanely good.

have you guys never played overwatch or paladins? making high HP characters viable is absolute cancer. These characters need to be baby tier characters for retards.

heavy isn't that high hp. 4 hits usually kills him.

its not like overwatch where everything has a 2000 hp shield.

He doesn't need to be viable. He needs to be more interesting than he is now. I'm fine with heavy being bottom tier as long as he keeps me entertained, which right now he doesn't.

I've found him fun with bananna. Peaking and eating is actually really nice.

EU servers has many aimbot snipers so you are a lying nigger

All of the good community servers died about a year ago.

Attached: Hole guy.png (1000x1000, 184K)

nah they died out before that.

>proving him right
newfags these days

Attached: 1476132557205.jpg (800x600, 126K)

GL - Demo
RL - Soldier
Rail - Sniper
Plasma - Medic
Shaft - Pyro
Shotgun - Scout

You don't think it's also fair to point out that 90% of the real abominations in that image are Halloween-restricted, or have been put together in Loadout.tf in a way that ignores clipping restrictions/uses more than 4 cosmetics and is not possible in normal TF2?

Sure, TF2 has some really retarded cosmetics but there are plenty that don't belong on that example image when you never/almost never see them
Don't get me wrong, me too

Attached: 1569206954805.jpg (1776x983, 641K)

>a syringe gun medic is pretty much 100% immune to cuck's fury pyros
holy kek, Valve..

The fuck is this heavy update I keep hearing about? Wasn't the very first update the heavy update?

TF2 Medic heals are very high though and every team which is remotely organized will have a Medic on it.
Heals take a Heavy from 4-5 hits for most weapons, to maybe 7-8 hits. And this is a game where just two more hits to kill often makes the difference between life and death.
By making Heavy more viable, Heavy+Medic combos would be everywhere, and that's one of the least engaging things to play against in this game.

I don't completely agree with that other guy you replied to, though. I would like to see Heavy more viable. But in a way that doesn't retain his damage sponginess.

fuck off faggot your game is literally nothing like quake

There was a competition between Heavy and Pyro (similar to the Demo vs. Soldier WAR! update) where players could decide who should get a major update dedicated to that class, because the TF Team said they only had enough time and resources to go all in updating one class.

Pyro won, and we got the Jungle Inferno update. But the TF Team mentioned in a follow up blogpost that Heavy would "probably" get his own update "later".

>same base engine
>literally descended from a popular quakeworld mod
>same weapon archetypes
>high TTK
>rocket/explosive jumping and high movement speed (scout) a major component of gameplay
>shotguns, rocket launchers, and grenade launchers feature prominently (with no assault rifles to be seen, unlike most FPSes)
>non-realistic combat
>gameplay occurs in closed, contrived arenas with health and ammo pickups

It's easier to list the differences between TF2 and Quake than to list all the similarities.

>TF2 Medic heals are very high though
its only 22 something hp per second once they take damage.

in quake you LG people to death, rocket jump around, and snipe them with rails

in TF2 you:

>bunnyhop around with a shotgun as scout because no one has an accurate hitscan weapon
>camp in the back as sniper hardscoped
>rocket jump around as an ADHD retard soldier main blowing up peoples feet because no one has accurate hitscan
>play some other dogshit knockoff class

Attached: 9ca595a5b550b66daf34658df066b8c9-imagejpeg.jpg (1488x1488, 51K)

>>Very high skill ceiling
Holding left click to kill everyone in 2 seconds is "very high skill ceiling"?

i just hope they release that shitty vr excuslive game soon so that maybe more than 0.5 people are working on tf2

24HP/s, minimum (max rate 74HP/s)
That's actually pretty fucking good considering the Medigun can't miss like normal weapons, never needs to reload, has no firing interval, and never runs out of ammo.
This is leaving out stuff like Quickfix and Vaccinator too which can keep a Heavy alive even longer

And, more importantly, OVERHEAL. Now the Heavy isn't just 300HP, he's 450HP.

Let's say you are a Demo fighting a Heavy. Normally he would be 3 pills or stickies to kill. With that 24HP/s, though, it becomes 4 pills/stickies. With overheal and 24HP/s, it becomes 6 pills or 5 stickies.

youtube.com/watch?v=OalWDhYfdeg
Watch the Heavy and Medic in the bottom corner with Quick-Fix

If Quakefags spent half of their whining time actually playing Quake, maybe it wouldn't be dead as shit.

t. angry aimlet

You are literally coping right now. I said nothing but truth, just look at peak player numbers.

>He actually reads guides
Never read that shit, I don't need it, I will figure it out by myself

Attached: 547.gif (350x228, 2.17M)

>>>>>no one has an accurate hitscan weapon
>revolver and all variants
>pistol and all variants
>SNIPER RIFLE

absolutely BASED frogposter

I will also point out that Quake players themselves find the hitscan the most cancerous part of their own game, which is why rails are nerfed in just about every mod and in Live. Long-range hitscan is low counterplay, that's a fact. That's why the majority of weapons in both Quake AND tf2 are close-range hitscan or projectiles, which you would have noticed if you were paying attention.
Lightning gun, Machine Gun, Shotgun are all close range with no/decreased effectiveness at range; Quake only has 1 hitscan long range weapon without inaccuracy.

Jumping around and shooting at each other while dodging each other's shots is fun. Getting shot out of midair by a point and click which makes your mobility irrelevant isn't.

Quake isn't designed for different classes unlike TF2 in which each class has its own playstyle

well by that logic you're just coping that your game's for aimlets

ya and the only reason b4nny can hard carry as soldier is because sniper's so dogshit unfun to play as that no competent hitscan bothers with TF2

Playing a heavily projectile focused high mobility game literally requires more aiming skill through prediction than playing a game where you click on the fast-moving player in midair to just oneshot them.
Which is exactly what Lightning Gun in Quake is.
Quakeworld and Arena/Live are equal in inherent aiming and movement skill to TF2, if not inferior. Champions is definitely inferior. CPMA is more skilled than TF2, but it's deader than disco.

Attached: giant isopods.jpg (600x347, 36K)

>lightning gun
Meant to say railgun*

FUCKING UNNERF IT YOU GOD DAMNED FUCKS AAAAAAAAA IT JUST WHINY SOLIDERS WHO GET ASS BLASTED THAT A SCOUT PREDICTED THEIR MOVEMENTS AND SHOOT A BALL THAT CAN EASILY BE DODGED AND IS NOT A GUARANTEE TO RESULT IN A KILL

Attached: Sandman.TF2.png (490x320, 103K)

Ah yes, "easily dodge" the game's fastest projectile.
The only assblasted one here is you that you no longer have your substitute for aiming skill. It's not coming back, stay mad.

>fastest projectile
You mean the huntsman arrow?

>sandman
>not requiring aiming
Next youre gonna tell me the cleaver doesnt need aiming either

kek

imagine being such an aimlet that the only thing you can hit someone with is a rocket

Attached: tf2 hitscan vs projectile hitboxes.jpg (1280x600, 167K)

No, I mean the sandman ball.
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Projectiles#Projectiles
Sandman ball is 400HU faster than a Huntsman arrow.
>not requiring aiming

You vaguely kind of have to aim the Sandman ball itself. But because you hit it, you no longer need to aim at all the Scattergun shots that will kill your victim. Which means it's a substitute for aim. Without it, a lot more aim is required to kill the victim. Otherwise nobody would ever bother using the stun at all.
The whole point of the Sandman ball is making it easier to kill the enemy.

>Considering how this was supposed to be a pilot to an adultswim TF2 show
it was WHAT

CPMA is for brainlets. It needs to be said.

Yes, a TF2 animated series was cancelled because Valve decided ahead of time that they wouldn't be able to keep a schedule.

Stop playing anytime.

unfortunately almost every game outside of quake is for brainlets.

I won't say CS is for brainlets, but it just seems to me to be not very fun. I guess people love a challenge. It's ruthless in a way the way you just die. You can't hit shit unless you're standing still. AWPs oneshot you. Headshots oneshot you. Getting shot actually slows you down so you can't move out of the way fast enough. And that's just my observations from like 10 hours of playing that game.

what does it do?

correction: medic is nailgun, not plasmagun, given tf's Q1 lineage

To be fair, at least they know their limitations.
But with that said, why aren't they tackling those limitations?
Gabe surely knows by now that his company is producing fucking nothing and his employees are essentially living in an adult daycare where all they do is eat big pink cookies and have petty fights with each other.

don't open

Attached: 1565525803079.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

I think they got rid of the big pink cookies years ago.

What if the heavy got the banners like everyone says he should but they only charge on damage taken?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Nobody says he should except for one autist that spams and samefags
and damage-taken feature was originally a part of Soldier banners, but was removed for good reasons
teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11024

some people play games to relax, not to act out their autism

I don't play garbage OP

I do play it though. I'm one of those snipers raping everyone on payload.

>>Tons of mods

Attached: harold.jpg (525x296, 15K)

?

YOURE LIKE A CAR CRASH IN SLOW MOTION
ITS LIKE IM WATCHING YOU FLY THROUGH A WINDSHIELD

ATTEEEEEEEEEEEENTION!
The heavy is dead!

Spy
Add more knives

Attached: 1473169321991.jpg (479x356, 25K)

NICE HUSTLE, TONS-A-FUN
NEXT TIME EAT A SALAD

The wrench would be a different weapon, not the cosmetic. Also the wrench of nuts & bolts would work better

Fair enough, but I guessed damage taken makes more sense on heavy only thought it when I was trying to get the achievement where you must heal 1000 damage only with health packs in one life.
I would much rather he got new unique weapons.

kek

imagine being such an aimlet that the only thing you can hit someone with is a rocket

Attached: Chink TF2 sniper speech bubble.png (178x184, 44K)

Has anyone used the "Reset Achievements" button in game? I've been thinking about resetting but i need to know if it resets them only in-game or it resets them both in-game and in Steam itself?

Attached: 1549367807257.jpg (659x608, 39K)

Worst community I've ever personally experienced. Bunch of casuals shits that don't try to win. Fucking friendlies.

TF2's community is excellent. Give Rocket League, Overwatch, R6, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Dota, CS:GO, League of Legends, Rust, or PUBG a try. Then come back and tell me about "worst communities".

Friendlies are cancer. But they are a complete minority of TF2 players, maybe 1 in 3 servers if you're playing on official servers and 24 Hour servers. TF2 players, compared to other game communities, do not often talk loudly in teamchat, do not often shittalk within the team or fight amongst each other within the team, are usually willing to have some fun and are very prolific in their art/content output. The same is not true for almost every game listed above.

I've played all of those except rust and pubg. TF2 community is far worse imo.

Pyro main here. you are an actual retard. Dragon's fury sucks cock after they nerfed the fuck out of it's hitbox. Nobody fucking uses it for a fucking reason.

They should buff it and MAYBE people will use it, but they must buff the airblast on it or it will be always short range rocket launcher with no splash damage

changes from class to class but mostly high
>>Tons of mods
no
>>Big playerbase
half are bots
>>Free to play
doesn't mean much
>>Runs on a potato
no
no updates

Nah that's bullshit for all the reasons I gave.

TF2 has more of the type of player I hate. Weenies making no effort to win. Overly competitive players don't bother me.

>no
gamebanana.com/games/297
Don't give me that "no" bullshit
>half are bots
incorrect. tf2 only has ~2,800 bots out of a population of 42,000 current players
>no
yes*
using a config you can run TF2 on fucking anything. you can run TF2 in a browser window, it's been done

reminder to always crouch when youre in the air

Attached: file.png (1228x1378, 1.93M)

I hate friendlies too, but overly competitive players in CASUAL gamemodes are just as bad. And you will find a lot more of the latter in all those games I listed, than you will find friendlytards in TF2.

why your health 1 nigger

>class
Pyro
He can do almost anything(although is not the best in most things) and even has is own special tricks.Also,i'm a sucker for combos,counter mechanics and support-attack characters,so it was love at first sight.
First of all would be primary variety.I mean,the current choice is fine,but i would like a new primary with some cool M2 effects.Second,some "fuck you" something to scouts

t.boomer

>play the game during beta
>get a plat badge
>play the game the first 3 months of release
>get a golden one
>play the game in the next 10 months
>get a silver one
>play the game later
>get branded as an eternal newfag even if you've been playing for 11 years
They should scale imo

>They should scale imo
absolutely
it would be such an easy change too

yes

>It's okay man, VNN said there will be an update in October, we're good.
yeah its called scream fortress

pic related is the exact same camera distance from the centre
projectile weapons have a 40% variance in accuracy

Attached: 20190923145744_1.jpg (1600x900, 202K)

>but overly competitive players in CASUAL gamemodes are just as bad.
fuck off

most enemies face the player head on, and most projectile damage with main projectile weapons is conveyed through the splash rather than directs (RL is splash, SBL is Demo's functional primary rather than GL)
i mean yeah cylindrical hitboxes would be smarter though. i think csgo does that?

true but certain weapons like loch n load crusaders crossbow direct hit and more rely on direct hits
also, splash radius does damage if it interfers with the colision hitbox, so those also have some sort of variance to them.

no csgo has cube colision hitboxes identical to tf2, it has sylindrical hitboxes that go on the bodyparts

>mfw the Heavy is dead

Attached: tumblr_inline_oti7t1yLAt1tg5wat_640.jpg (640x480, 31K)

wait...
Heavy is...
youtube.com/watch?v=oiuyhxp4w9I?

Did they add voice lines?
I don't remember it being this obnoxious before f2p. Every time you kill someone or do something you have to be assaulted with memes.

Attached: 1556243032361.jpg (540x586, 122K)

HOW DID YA KNOW?

It's a fantastic game. I just don't want to play it anymore after ten years of owning it.

>>graphics have majorly downgraded over the years
A Crowbcat video playing dramatic music to tiny things like Spy's Sapper no longer leaving gibs is not a "major downgrade", it's just you being easily manipulated
>and crashes constantly
In what world?

*smacks lips*
It's joke

>projectile hitboxes are uniform
THAT is busted.

As you can see from TF2 gameplay working consistently well for the last 11 years it's not exactly a major issue.

you have blatantly never played tf2 and I doubt you've played quake

HOOP DE DOO!

explain

I'm watching b4nny

>manage to pull off 1 (one) quickscope as sniper against a scout
>spend most of the time rocketjumping from health pack to healthpack and shooting peoples feet or hitting them with a shovel
>sometimes pull out the scout and just run adhd circles around everyone cuz no one can shoot you because it's a game for idiots

>493 posts

Attached: learnings.png (1192x1381, 1.96M)

I can just hear the dilation happening from here.

Off to hang myself.

Attached: 1552130071637.png (1887x849, 510K)

>playing Valve shit
GROSS
Fortnite better

It resets the stats you see when you load the map both on steam and in game.

>I'M RUNNIN CIRCLES AROUND YA

t. brainless aimlet

GOOD NEWS!
WE WILL NOT DIE!
WE ARE GOING TO LIVE FOREVER!

Soldier
Change the LL to
>-25% damage
>-50% damage from rocket jumps
>+20% blast radius
Make the stock shovel the market gardener
Increase rage amount on conch to 600
Give the buff banner a passive 5% damage increase and carry 5 more rockets

I want the LL to be the shotgun equivalent to gunboats. Wide blast radius to soften up enemies for your shotgun but poor damage on its own

Cope harder Overwatch fag