Has there been a game that showed the main character having a complete mental breakdown?

Has there been a game that showed the main character having a complete mental breakdown?
Like them just completely losing their mind in their perspective where they just begin to have the world around them being distorted?

Attached: 49DF9898-90F1-489A-BFE2-414584652875.png (224x224, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAeWbIpoVyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

postal
american mcgee alice

Eternal Darkness

Spec Ops: The Line.

Nier Automata

This
This too

I still don’t understand what these backgrounds were supposed to mean. Why did they get cut out?

Most likely scrapped plot stuff.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Lone Survivor

Max Payne in the first two games with all the talking to himself and the fucking dream sequenced with the baby crying in the background. That's mental breakdown if I ever see one.

Stress and mental breaks are actual gameplay mechanics in Darkest Dungeon, deserves a mention.

>that baby scream if you fall down
Jesus, why’d you have to remind me?

Postal 1 was fucked up.

lisa

I know, that’s why I like it.

Lisa: The First?

The Dead Space games deal with that quite a bit.

Not really. At least not as much as they could’ve.

Demonbane bad ending is this.

Binding of Isaac: AB+'s real final stage and boss.
Could have been done way better though.

No idea. There's also a bunch of cutscenes that were supposed to play during the final battle, but they were cut for no reason.

Nier automata

Fatal Frame 3.

I enjoyed that part a lot. Seeing cuties lose it and get mindbroken is great.

All 3 games.

Isaac losing his mind is half of dead space 2

youtube.com/watch?v=gAeWbIpoVyw

Call of Cthulu on XBox/PC.

The Sinking City deals with it a bit as a Lovecraft game.

People recently found a whole cut attract mode that would have played when you started the game.

It's completely finished and would have added a lot of character to the game, but it was removed completely, possibly because Itoi didn't want to you to have any exceptions, or options on the characters before starting the game.

Well, that makes sense, but what about the Claus backgrounds?

Killer7.

Attached: killer7 garcian roof.png (640x480, 195K)

The main theory is that the fight would've represented what Lucas thought Claus was. The fight would start with him in angel form, because Lucas thought Claus was dead. Then it would change to the cyborg looking form, because Lucas later thought Claus had become a mindless robot. Then once Lucas finally realized that Claus was alive, it would change from the more human but grey Claus, and then probably to the naked or clothed normal Claus.

Attached: unused mother 3 claus fight.png (1310x788, 107K)

Attached: hgkjhgkjhgjm.png (1279x665, 931K)

I guess that makes sense, but what about the red Claus?

probably just meant as a trippy background to weird the player out.

Coupled with the Claus's face one, it vaguely looks like a Giygas callback.

Game Theory: Was Claus Originally Going to be Possessed by GIYGAS?!?

That honestly could be a decent theory compared to the shit that game theory puts out now.

I remember after seeing this for the first time, thinking that the Player would be on Lucas' side and Giygas on Claus', which would cause a stalemate until Claus recognized his brother again, which would release him of Giygas' influence.

Is it any good?

Downfall in a way, although the protagonist doesn't really want to acknowledge it

GOTTA GET A GRIP

One part in Dying Light.

based as FUCK

Attached: hotline_miami_1.jpg (960x540, 119K)

I wish madness returned went more darker earlier on like the later chapters. Didnt have as much oomph as the first game

Axiom Verge, but it goes from 0 to 100 too fast so you know it's not real. Still an unsettling segment though.

I heard something along the lines that the game was supposed to go off the rails if you choose not to forgive your hasty brother, with the final fight essentially being locked on a screen with Claus's old self in a stylized fashion but no longer moving, just staring accusingly at you while you continue to bash on him. The idea being you can't move on until you forgive him.

Weird.

13 years later and this still makes me tremble and shit myself

Bloodborne

black ops 1

Do VN's count?

Attached: Okabe's seen some shit.png (640x359, 119K)

Axiom Verge

Depends

Any more games?

Same.

Good tastes.
First Postal will always have a special place/mention in history of video games.

Max Payne is built on this.

Is Postal Redux worth getting?

hotline miami 2

Yes.

LISA

Attached: 1550831011682.jpg (1304x744, 444K)