PS1 emulation

>60fps
>widescreen
>perspective correction

youtube.com/watch?v=RKAexu5osI4

Where we you when PS1 emulation was perfected? This is a real game changer, and makes them feel up to date.

Attached: sddefault[1].jpg (640x480, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5NLbpVdmADw
youtube.com/watch?v=pEdqCEwgzBA&t=255s
youtu.be/Cki0kCGD36Q
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4wiHgohFwm4ZVNTAce_JiWp2JDfOXyHB
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I played it on release.

That's cool but it's wrong. PSX emulation should be treated differently than PS2 emulation. I mean doing stuff like that on PS2 games make sense and looks great but chaning PSX games to that extent just isn't right.

I need 60 FPS for GT2.

Why?

Cancer. Native resolution, framerate and aspect ratio you zoomer cocksucker.

Ok? No one is forcing you to play the game like that.

He's got a link in the description
Faggot detected

>Widescreen
I despise hearing this shit when they don't even touch the UI and it's just stretched across the goddamn screen. I'll stick to 4:3, thanks.

Attached: 1475202767964.png (553x827, 421K)

Early 3D games on consoles like PS1 and N64 have the most to benefit from emulation, but I'm a nostalgiafag and still prefer playing the originals, even if it means lower framerates and resolutions

Attached: IMG_20190903_160036412.jpg (3264x2448, 3.64M)

Only JP Arcade ver, I need PAL Sim disc code.
>inb4 why PAL and not NTSC-U
PAL version has more cars and more bugfixes, also better music.

You don't get it, you never will, zoom-zoom. The point of emulation is not to make the games feel "up to date" for children like you. Dumbfuck.

this, t's disgusting

This, a patrician know that games in 4:3 don't need to be improved through stretching.

It's also annoying having wide screen in games where it was set up for 4:3 anyway. For example, the Crash Bandicoot HD remakes look dumb because only a narrow band of the screen is even used for gameplay, with the extra room from being 16:9 being used for nothing at all.

My nigga. I love the texture dithering that was native to the console too. I always turn it on in ePSXe and the like. Doesn't feel right without it. I also turn on scanlines for SNES era and prior, fight me if you disagree.

>NOOOO THE POINT OF EMULATION IS ONLY HOW I SAY IT IS AND EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG!!!
Faggot

by making it look 'technically' better they made it look 'aesthetically' worse.

The higher resolution graphics expose things like super low LOD distances, texture pop-in, and super low-resolution shadow maps and it all looks out of place, like an indie game that's trying to pretend to be a PS1 game.

The lack of affine texture warping is actually pretty fantastic though, not gonna lie. If i could run the games at native resolution, pixel-doubled to a higher resolution display, without affine texture warping, it'd be amazing.

>Better music
>That abortion of a remix for the intro
>No Cold Rock the Mic
>No Dragula
I find that hard to believe.

You're free to emulate games however you want and slap whatever bullshit you want onto them, zoom-zoom. Just don't call it perfected because you just come off as a stupid cumguzzler.

Attached: YEEEESSSSITSPERFECT.png (1196x896, 87K)

>If i could run the games at native resolution, pixel-doubled to a higher resolution display, without affine texture warping, it'd be amazing.
to be fair, you can do that. If you have an older AMD graphics card with VGA or analogue DVI output, you can install CRT_emudriver, hook it up to a standard definition CRT, and output native 240p.

Here's a picture of sonic mania running at 240p on a CRT in this manner. It's great for retro-inspired games like that as well as emulators.

Attached: sanic idle.jpg (3264x2448, 3.57M)

Attached: filters.jpg (229x220, 14K)

>How could you tell that only play my backups on original hardware?

Attached: 66f.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

What happened to Gran Turismo?

i used to play them upscaled but then i realized low res makes much sense

Attached: Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA)-190608-183117.png (1440x1080, 212K)

Gran Turismo literally has a native 60fps mode that the console is only able to pull off with night tracks and no AI cars.

In short? Nothing. Long answer is that Polyphony is building a really high quality scalable car and track library for the next couple releases. IRC the producer said the models they make now will only be at their fullest in 4k and beyond.

for me it's wipeout 3

Attached: jericho boomer 1.jpg (750x856, 97K)

>The higher resolution graphics expose things like super low LOD distances, texture pop-in
Trust me dude the shit resolution wasn't hiding that. 32 bit games were notorious for pop in and draw distance fog.

>the texture filtering on that tachometer
Jesus christ

Attached: 1464485562.jpg (550x550, 46K)

Those games are meant to be played in widescreen. It fucks up the perspective the game was meant to display.

>uo to date
Pleb shit, the game is meant to be a representation of it's time.

It's also possible to fix. Just like 60fps patches are found, we could theoretically find some to double the draw distance.

>What happened to Gran Turismo?

When it came out it set the standard for simulation, realism, and content. People were blowing their minds at how many cars, race-tracks, it was. But then Polyphony Digital made the same game like 6 times. And GT 4 is like the best peak.

The ps2 was the era where devs starting pushing graphics within realism and such. Ps1 was still an era where style was a necesity due to tech limitations. It would be like removing the fog from Silent Hill and calling it an improvement because it has better draw distance. Higher numbers is not always betrer, the art and beauty of the design was married to it's limitations.

4:3 all the way

Attached: 1448755087783.png (640x928, 308K)

I think the PS2 games are the best. GT lost its way IMO starting with the PS3 titles where they stopped giving a shit about the game being fun and went all-out with the "driving simulation" shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=5NLbpVdmADw

60fps playthrough of SH1. Old games often have the engine's frame-rate tied to the physics. Here the speed of the snow doubles in 60fps. I can't see any other glitches.

>The ps2 was the era where devs starting pushing graphics within realism and such.

You know that in the future they're gonna say the same thing about later gens right? PS2 is gonna be seen as ugly, and it was PS6 when the devs REALLY started pushing realism.

The worse is when people tell other to play stuff like Silent Hill in widescreen, when its clear grear care was taken with placement of the assets with 4:3 in mind.

I don't like widescreen because it generally is fucked, but 320x240 and texture warping and shit is only representative of the PS1's specific hardware limitations. Many of the same games as were on the PS1 were also being played at 1024x768 with clean rendering on PC at the time, so I don't mind the idea of experience certain console exclusives as they could have otherwise been.

Equally only some games on PS1 were stylized around those specific problems, it's really 2D games that were precision engineered for the exact pixel space.

The REAL absolute worst is when games are re-released with features like widescreen, but they don't bother implementing new UI for the widescreen aspect ratio.

For example, Metroid Prime Trilogy looks awful in widescreen because the HUD is stretched, and it's really noticeable since lots of stuff like your targeting reticule is supposed to be a circle and its instead oval-shaped.

Halo 2 on Xbox 360 is so fucking weird, and it's not even a rerelease.

but halo 2 on the original xbox had native support for widescreen in 720p what the fuck are you on about

youtube.com/watch?v=pEdqCEwgzBA&t=255s

lol halo 2 runs at max 480p even when set in widescreen I think you are confused

Attached: supersampling.webm (1440x1080, 236K)

I've been emulating Ape Escape recently and was curious is it worth replaying every level to get every monkey once you have all the gadgets?
Feels like it would be a waste of time and I might as well just move on to the sequels once I've finished the main game.

Beyond 4x there is no difference

I upscale N64 games for this reason but to me the jigglyjaggly polygons and improper Z-mapping are part of the PS1’s visual charm.

one thing i do find interesting is that Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3 with the widescreen hack the UI adapts to it like it's still in 4:3

Attached: 1496300653144.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

>widescreen

Attached: 1505914430380.jpg (225x225, 17K)

>he can't appreciate old games as they are
Absolute pleb

I don't know it's probably weird in widescreen on the original too then, but from what I recall it did some weird shit when you had a 360 set to higher non-widescreen resolutions too.

I don't see why you couldn't enjoy both.
I'd say all these fps/resolution extrapolations emulation provide are a cool spin on vehicle based games like Gran Turismo, and keep those native specs for stuff like RPGs for >muh soul, or what have you

The crash UI is a made from billboards with coordinates starting at the center of the screen.

interesting

Attached: Crash Bandicoot 2 - Cortex Strikes Back (USA)-190608-183138.png (1440x1080, 158K)

I just play ps1 stuff on my hacked Ps Mini. Was playing SOTN earlier, runs perfectly

It might have been "720p" but actually 480p displayed at that monitor resolution, i'm not sure. But either way, it had a native widescreen mode.

Eh that's nothing GT4 on the PS2 output 1080i full widescreen.

Ahhh, like they've built with GT4 and then put in 5 and 6? They should just make games, that GT director guy is really up his own ass since the PS3 days. GT Sport is half a GT game at best.

No like they build with GTS. The legacy cars from GT4 have thing to do with GTS as nothing in it is a asset flip.

>that feel when no CD based romhacks
>no GT2 with restored GT1 tracks and remixed content
>no SotN with a new castle

>Ps Mini
lol, faggot

Can anyone tell me how to enable this in RetroArch?

>Can anyone tell me how to enable this in RetroArch?

60fps?

Okay, so these are basically cheats. Cheats have near infinent combinations of what you can do, so you have to find the 60fps cheat in the whole thing. Only a few PS1 60fps cheats have been found due to general lack of interest and the possibility of even doing this is new. There's way more PS2 codes.

What you need to do.

1. OC the CPU significantly.
2. Find the 60fps Cheat
3. Impliment it

The GT1 (JP) 60 fps cheat code is:

E00AD648 0002
300AD648 0001

I am not aware of any GT2 codes found.

You can see a tutorial here:
youtu.be/Cki0kCGD36Q

>paid 20 bucks and threw a flash drive in it to get a couple controllers and a fun thing to play with friends
Oh no, woe is me

If your honestly going to tell me filters are the same as literally increasing the framerate and upping the resolution then you don't know what your talking about.

Shh, let the boomer grump at his clay filters.

Wow, thanks.

>no GT2 with restored GT1 tracks
All 1?

I just can't. It's not for me. I look at the Silent Hiil footage in and want to cry and vomit at the same time.

Bone cancer, ball cancer. Both suck.

Overclocking PSX CPU/GPU has only really been around for like 2 years max, so this is all new. Also keep in mind, with engines as old as this the frame rate might get broken. Silent Hill displays a lot of small errros and problems at 60fps. Music is off, snow falls at twice the speed. Likely way more.

Gran Turismo seems unaffected by the frame rate change. So depends on the game.

Now your just being an obnoxious purist.
You already ruined that place now fuck off there.
Can't even post screenshots and shit without faggots like you whining about "Authenticity" and "Not what the devs wanted :^("

Again, play however you want, fuck up whatever you want, just don't call it EMULATION PERFECTED :D because the only thing that's going to happen is you getting called out for being a short-bus riding child.

Oh, it's like that? Fine, but if you own ANY remaster that's not made by the original team or ever ran a 90s PC game in a resolution higher than 640x480 I'm pissing in your mouth till you drown.

No one's claiming it's perfect you cretin. To some it looks better then the original. Similar to crt fags thinking there "Aesthetics" look better because there playing it on a screen with darker blacks.
It's subjective and doesn't fucking matter. This actually does since it literally fixes certain games slowdown problems and allows you to play it with no hick ups.

Most PS1 games just will not work in widescreen
I mean they will work but all you're gonna see is the level boundary and a bunch of blank unrendered space outside the levels

Looks cool to me. Its awesome what they can do with these old games. I'd probably never bother with it, but it looks great.

The problem is that these early 3D consoles are never gonna emulate close to perfectly, not yet anyway. This is especially true for N64. Developers at the time often employed specific effects or ways to implement color/lighting that can't be directly emulated correctly on other hardware, so usually emulator devs will devise shortcuts to approximate similar effects to how they appeared originally. Plus the low resolution of old games helped to hide some ugliness like model seams or just how low the resolution of textures typically are.

>No one's claiming it's perfect
Read the OP you wrote again, you gushing little faget.
I'm sorry you can't play old games without modern bells and whistles, I really am. But fucking don't start yapping about how it's perfect emulation because it's quite literally the opposite.

>Plus the low resolution of old games helped to hide some ugliness like model seams or just how low the resolution of textures typically are
I mean you say this but the absolute piss resolutions also hid a lot of detail that actually -was- there.

Also no I wouldn't actually use this broken arsed widescreen.

Attached: (PSX) Armored Core (U)-180715-012701.jpg (1280x1440, 313K)

You forgot the number one fucking rule user. Op is always a faggot.
He literally fucking said that because he wanted attention from autist like you, because this is Yea Forums. If this thread didn't have bait it 404 faster then nothing.
It doesn't matter anyways. I play saturn games at native res with medna and love playing old school game at native res as well. I don't even use filters either. At most I just up the cpu speed using bsnes new feature.
I also like upping the resolution of my old 3d games and pushing boundaries via making older titles run faster.

Attached: 1568680935022.jpg (506x425, 34K)

I dont like widescreen but improved resolution looks pretty neat

Attached: Final Fantasy VII (Disc 3)-190731-213818.png (1440x1080, 348K)

It took me a while to get PGXP working but it was worth it simply so then I could play this game at higher res.
Mech games are hard to come by. Especially good ones.

That's, good, that's real good.
Now try it on Vagrant Story and Silent Hill, then report back. I'll wait here trying to not laugh.

We already have SH. It causes various issues.

Of you think how it looks doesn't matter then what the fuck are you doing im a videogame forum retard.

Uh...talking about the actual game?
I play rts on the lowest setting to get the highest framerate as well.

PGXP playlist:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4wiHgohFwm4ZVNTAce_JiWp2JDfOXyHB