Maddening difficulty

>Maddening difficulty
>This retard keeps trying to kill himself by hugging the walls so the poison archers can hit him
I don't remember if there was any point to even keeping him alive, but holy shit what a tard.

Attached: Gilbert_Portrait.png (1200x1200, 907K)

they probably didn't update his AI

there's no point in keeping him alive anyway, he's just there to prevent the mages from ass raping your dudes

You don't get anything for keeping his retarded ass alive, so just let the boomer commit suicide.

Is Gilbert the worst dad? Why didn't he take his daughter and wife with him to the palace if he didn't want to neglect his duty to the king?

He's a pretty shit dad but there are worse, just look at Bernie's dad or Hubert's father.

Azure Moon
>Blue is the color of FE good guys while Red are bad guys.
>Able to recruit almost literally every single recruitable character (even Hilda).
>Can get Gilbert and Annette to reconcile
>Claude lives
>Nobody defects from your army
>Only Edelgard and Hubert die
>You accidentally destroy the chain of command of the Agarthans like a speed bump on your path of revenge, then proceed to round up the “dark mages” at Edelgard’s palace.
>Nemesis never wakes up
>Rhea never rampages and retires peacefully to Zanado
>Dimitri claims his birthright, and Claude heads out to reclaim his.
>You retain your Godhood and become the literal Pope (optional become Queen of a United Fódlan)
>Dimitri introduces a Constitutional Monarchy, and other characters help with establishing equality between Crest and non-crest people.
Aside from never gaining clarity of the lore, the Blue Lions retain standard FE story and is by far the best ending for Fódlan. Dare I say:

“Blue Lions is the new Gold ending.”

Attached: 4A54F81C-274D-42FE-B5CA-2FC337720B99.jpg (900x517, 145K)

Eh, GD is better.

GD is the only route you need to play

>Nobody defects from your army
What about Lorenz?

You’re getting his timeline wrong.
>The assassination of the King drives him with so much guilt he leaves his family and his duty as a Knight of the Holy Kingdom to join the Knights of Seiros to atone for his perceived sins.
>Later he abandons the Knights of Seiros to rejoin the Kingdom resistance army to help Dimitri.
Guy has commitment issues.

So what's stopping the Agarthans from rebuilding their chain of command and then continuing their bodysnatching antics and shoving crests of people's butts again in the future?

hes trying to kill you. fuck gilbert. aggros the entire map if you let him live

many of the students have less then ideal family lives
>edelgards situation with her siblings and father
>>hubert hates dad enough to kill him
>>>fernidand's dad is literally the ugly bastard stereotype
>>>>bernie and the chair
>>>>>dorothea is the bastard child of a prostitute
>>>>>>dimitris dad is basically the cause of his live for the dead thing
>>>>>>>felixs dad took the worst possible route in comforting him about glenns death
>>>>>>>>ingrid's basically a well groomed meal ticket
>>>>>>>>>sylvians brother wants to kill him
>>>>>>>>>>ashe is an orphan whos adoptive father loves his real son more then him
>>>>>>>>>>>mercedes mother is a used up meal ticket and her brother is an edgelord
>>>>>>>>>>>>hilda has an inferiority complex because her brother is a gigachad
>>>>>>>>>>>>>lorenez father is an opportunistic bastard who killed rapheals parents
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lythisiea is edelgard 0.5
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>marinne believe her bloodline is cursed
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ignatz is a disspointment
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>claudes father is alymarin

He doesn’t actually defect. He was neither part of army save for his father’s territory nor were you and him part of the Knights of Seiros. The only defecting he does is defecting from his father to join your cause. The same logic is used with Ashe should you be GD or Church.

Short answer is (You), since you are the literal Pope with your own Inquisition and Knights. You forget that in Byleth and Claude’s paired ending in GD what you described is pretty much exactly what the Agarthans do.

Isn't Jeritza only a half-brother?

>tfw can revive my dad
>harness the power of the dark stone
>help the people of Grado
>impress Eirika
Life will be easy bros

Attached: Lyon.png (400x310, 4K)

Mercedes' mom is dead

yes but she still feels bad about the situation

Except that was an ending where both (you) and Claude already know about them and destroyed their HQ and even then Claude needed to save you where as with BL they have an intact Shambhala, nukes and all as well as neither (you) nor Dimitri having the slightest clue about them so they could easily continue their subterfuge just like what they did with Rhea.

Well I mean who wouldn't, their dad is a fucking dick.

I'M GOING TO MARRY MY PROFESSOR DAD AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME

Attached: 1568871816357.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

Let him kill himself so he doesn't draw aggro from the archers, causing LITERALLY EVERY UNIT ON THE CENTER OF THE MAP to bum rush your ass all at once.

Source: DUDE TRUST ME.

Attached: 1567238833802.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

The monastery has some weird Shield that makes Agarthan ICBMs from hitting it anyway. Furthermore what makes you think they DON’T have more than one Russian bunker?

If there's any gold route, it's the church where all the retarded children get themselves killed and you kill all the dubsteppers with the other adults.

technically claude is probably still alive

Claude lives though and fuck off back to his home country in Silver Snow.

he always gets ravaged by the anbush spawns by turn 2, how does this happen

You can actually save his ass if you send a few units down there to help him and heal him. He then causes your entire group to get raped as thanks.

but I want the retarded children to live

I mean they could but Shambhala seems to be their main bunker. And while the monastery is protected, Fhirdiad sure isn't.

Why cant we have Holst dlc bros.
I can just imagine a pink Raphael.

Attached: f09.png (508x635, 332K)

>Can't get Holst's blessings to marry his musclegirl sister
It hurts brehs

Because he has to man Fodlan's Throat and manage the Goneril Family's duties.

>felixs dad took the worst possible route in comforting him about glenns death
Rodrigue did literally nothing wrong.

>>Only Edelgard and Hubert die
It's such a shame Hubert has to latch onto Edelgard like a beta orbiter, he's infinitely more competent than her.

aye

Arguing about a golden/canon route is retarded, the game is pretty clearly meant for you to have to play all the routes because there are unresolved/unexplained things in each. I liked Blue Lions the most though because that house had the best characters on average.

>claudes father is alymarin
das rite

Attached: 1549428656833.jpg (1305x935, 861K)

>And then they risk exposing themselves because some medieval primitive human does some math to trace your missile projection.
Hubert is based I give you that, but he is it unique.

>felixs dad took the worst possible route in comforting him about glenns death
Glenn died a true knight, a noble death that anyone with honor would respect and admire. The fact that Felix is such an emotional faggot that can't over the fact that people would fight for their ideals, to uphold their sworn vows, and put aside their personal desires for their duty, even at the expense of their lives, just demonstrates that Felix is an unhonorable swine that will never understand the principles of knighthood or dying for their monarch. Rodrigue isn't a terrible father, Felix is just a terrible son and brother that can't accept the fact that his family values their integrity over their own selfish personal pursuit for mere survival.

>Don't cry Felix, he died like a true knight!
>Now shut up while I lavish all my love and attention onto the prince your brother lost his life for because his dad told me to
>wtf son why are you so angry :(

Attached: 1568833798751.jpg (321x375, 28K)

>>Don't cry Felix, he died like a true knight!
explain to me what's wrong about this.

Glorification of death when it really isn't glorious
You wouldn't understand hmph

Felix's character would make sense if he weren't a raging sword autist seemingly intent on dying a violent death just like his brother

He only wants to die when his emotional support boar isn't around anymore.

its not a very comforting thing to tell your thirteen year old son
>sure your brother died in a brutal massacre, but at least he died with honor

I was with Rodrigue about this. Clearly Glenn did his duty, and was brave enough fulfill his duty in an occupation where safety is not guaranteed. It is commendable for someone to make such a difficult decision to make the ultimate sacrifice, unless you think like Hilda where everything is about yourself. Rodrigue had accepted reality as well as respecting his son's decision,where Felix couldn't move on, because he's upset his brother died before he could surpass him.

But Felix says that he understands that Glenn died doing his job. What he doesn't like is the Kingdom's glorification of death, as he thinks knights should be treated as individuals/people instead of an ideal. That's why he gets pissy at Ingrid and Ashe geeking out over knighthood.
Iirc, he also got mad at his dad in his paralogue for saying he saved the villahe because it had sentimental value to Lambert, instead of, you know, for the villager's sake.

So how the hell did Wilhelm convince Rhea that he's not like Nemesis or the Elites and gain her trust at a time when she was ready to kill all humans? Hell, the reason the Elites are revered is because Wilhelm basically told her 'hey, just let them be alright'.

he did the most noble thing a man can do user
he fucked the hatred of humanity right outta her

I want to make Annette a mommy.

Attached: 1569120771778.png (512x512, 134K)

It must been really good if Rhea was willing to just let him rule all of Fodlan after.

Why isn't Wilhelm not considered an Elite or Saint in the religion? The guy was literally the only non-Dragon human we know that actually fought against Nemesis and his cronies. Why he left it out still bothers me. The guy was what he claimed to be.

Because Rhea wanted to keep their fling a secret.

I hadn't actually considered how young he was at the time so that's a fair point but I still think it's an absurd thing to go on a lifelong sperg out over.

How old was Glenn when he died? And he was supposed to marry Ingrid even though she's around Felix's age?

They were raised as siblings until one day Mercedes was abruptly kicked out of the house.

Felix watches his brother and father die for this romanticized idea of honor and knighthood that Annette also suffers from due her dad abandoning her due to it

>how young he was
fuck off with this bullshit. felix was young, my ass. bitch, you probably deployed lysethia onto a fucking battlefield yourself.

don't forget to Add Ingrid in there.

based

Attached: 1568728361804.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Chapter 5 maddening with dlc or NG+ is casual filter if I've ever seen one, took me four days to complete. I'm on chapter 10 now and keep getting fucked pretty hard. Every chapter I keep thinking "this is it, the run is dead" but somehow just get by on the skin of my teeth.

well its stated that he was 15 when he became a knight, and he was betrothed to ingrid upon her birth, so maybe 16-19ish

He was 13, so younger than Lys (15) and Cyril (14) at the time. Also, Sylvain and Dimitri still tease him about being a clingy crybaby when he was younger, so.

>maddening
>recruit 75% of the fuckin BL house because they've got relics and crests and shit

really makes you class conscious. Sorry Raphael and Ignatz, sometimes you lose the genetic lottery

Attached: 1567555716508.jpg (900x1200, 205K)

the only real casual filter is chapter 1, after that you can just do auxiliary battles to keep your boys strong

going as level 1 against lvl 8-9 is actually retarded, i wonder how they will make this harder for infernal

the commoners really are awful compared to the crest nobles most of the time

I wanted to as well, but she needs to reconcile with her father, who is my bro.

So uh, what exactly do the slithers do when they experiment on people? I mean it must be pretty fucked up if it literally takes away from your lifespan.

>not honoring the big bro code by marrying his daughter and becoming part of the family
pathetic

Attached: 1568729588771.jpg (575x1024, 52K)

yeah crestlets got problems but then you also have those who completely overcompensate like Petra and Leonie

Attached: 1568567091824.png (890x635, 256K)

That's not a bad idea.

Attached: castle speechless.gif (350x197, 1.6M)

thats why i said most of the time, never mind that Lorenz, as best boy as he is, is pretty bad as a unit.

I want to see her face happy when she's made a mom and Gilbert a grandpa

Anyone that finished church route in maddening can share their experience of how fucking hard the inmaculated one(rojo) was?

Dunno, in my game he was top tier, barely less magic than Lisy but actually able to take a hit. I got blessed or you got screwed, who knows

My nigga. Gilbert NEEDED that happiness, dammit.

I'm just trying to understand his character bro. It's not a moral debate about the ethics of using children in battle.

>this could be you every day with your bro and wonderful wife
why do you refuse to achieve happiness?

Attached: 1567517448617.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

>Leonie's paralogue and Uncle Tortle on Maddening
>dragon riders sitting just outside of spawn
>Tortle has 30 luck so every non gambit attack after the shield breaks has a 10-20% shot to outright kill someone
>final phase has 200hp and quick riposte
Even Thracia gives units 3 tiles of vision in fog, seems like every fow map in this one is just an excuse to mash the pulse button

>edelgard and dimitri have 80 motherfucking attack in the second map of gronder field
>you are even meant to yoink the seiros sword from edelgard if you have a thief fast enough

how are you supposed to survive this

it could be both.

Attached: sad face.jpg (1280x720, 207K)

BANANAAAAAA HAMMA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

I dunno what's worse on their psyches
Gilbert watching Annette die
Or Seteth watching Flayn die

>tfw I wanted to spare Annette but she bumrushed my frontlines after I killed Gilbert

stupid little girl, you threw your life away for nothing

Maddening is Lunatic though, in Japan it is literally called Lunatic.

>actually grinding
Faggot I've done it too but still.

What was his endgame Yea Forums?

Attached: Fire_Emblem_Three_Houses_Nemesis_cinematic.png (1234x768, 604K)

you get really little exp from auxiliary battles still, i just spammed a little bit at the beggining to get the statue levels faster

murder dragons

You don't have to keep him alive. He doesn't if he is defeated in that mission and you get anything special for keeping him alive.

Set up the next level in Banditry

I had some ease with it on BE. After figuring out you're supposed to let Gilbert die, and keeping my mages away from the reinforcement range. Though damn if anyone beats the chapter keeping Gilbert alive

So about Dark Bishop, it also costs a Dark Seal as well? I used the 3 I had on people already, is there anyway to get more?

He's near Byleth level of getting screwed, but lacking the base stats so more likely to get screwed

I want Shamir and Catherine to be my two moms

Why the FUCK does Felix have the only natural major crest among the students in the game?

There isn't any point to keeping him alive that chapter, and I don't know what IS was thinking with him in that chapter. He doesn't even have the axe hit boosting skill.

yes, if you're not on CF you get another shot at deathy
superior genetics

Because Rodrigue's seed is strong

Get lucky with some paralogues having the Death Knight in them or wait til much later to fight him in the time skip. Mercedes paralogue has him in it.

Or you don't marry him to a loli.

Just give him a loli.

I was kinda hoping that mastering Dark Mage would let me be a Dark Bishop.

>P-Professor! Im so glad you think im best girl, but you should really go and hang out with Bernadetta! I hear she has a huge crush on you and she's waay cuter than I could ever be!

Attached: Annette.png (1200x1200, 608K)

Lysithea has a major crest of Gloucester.

But she's smelly and has inferior hair!

It's not very natural

Wilhelm also died and his son that inherited the crest became the Emperor.

Otherwise Wilhelm would have been ageless like Jeralt, Wilhelm wasn't just the emperor but the first knight of Seiros.

Bernadetta you know I can't see the mask you're wearing from behind your door.

>hard mode is too easy
>maddening is too hard

How do I solve this problem anons?

by gitting gud

See, this would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that Annette doesn't receive even a fraction of the adoration Bernie gets.

And she deserves it, easily the best girl in the game. Shame people misinterpret her character a lot.

Attached: D_5TE8sU4AEKXcc.jpg (500x570, 41K)

make up stupid personal challenges for yourself or git gud

Beat the first 5 chapters on maddening

Keep playing til you get good.

It's best to just let the beginning reinforcements from behind you kill Gilbert. If you actually save him, he runs ahead and aggros the archers, who will then run all the way down and aggro the entire map at the same time.

Actually her major crest is her borth crest, her minor crest was the one injected into her.

i thought it was a natural crest and her minor was the experiement

fucking kek that is an instant reset on maddening if i ever saw one gilbert always dies to the second mage attack on him

This
I just make characters do bizarre shit on my hard playthroughs. Keeps things interesting.
Fortress Knight Flayn ain't no one's fool.

If you guys aren't playing maddening on SS, you're doing it wrong. Pick the most difficult route of the most difficult mode, you casuals. No NG+, no DLC, SS only. You don't deserve a Lord or a loyal retainer.

I have yet to have a run in wich Lorenz doesn't become a Howitzer, the bastard is pretty much a fortress knight 35 hp, 17 Def 20 Res with magic to hit well enough at lv 20.

>bernetta is annoying because abuse victims don't act like this, but nobody is ever abused by they're parents in real life.

alright Mangs, i'm sure you know everything about abuse victims.

Not him but even after that maddening can still be hard. Some of the paralogues in the first time skip fucked me up hard. I'm on chapter 10 now and getting my shit fucked up still. I'm close to getting my units to advance classes though so maybe that will help, I said fuck it and made both my Ashe and Sylvain wyvern riders while making both my Ingrid and Bernie pegasus knights. Fliers are cheap but so is maddening.

>her natural crest is the Crest of the Gloucester family
>when she's of the Ordelia family
bruh

And Charon is from the Kingdom. Gloucester is more likely, especially since they are close by. Same way Galatea split off from Daphnel

I'm on chapter 14 on blue lions. I literally can't advance since falcon knights reinforcements 1 hit ko me from across the map. How is that shit even fucking fair man. The game wasn't even that hard until I reached this point

Come on even Mangs felt something at Bernie B supports.

However being a teacher I can testify that victims of abuse either suicide quietly without a sign nor note or become detached sociopaths that unwillingly repeat the cycle to their own, it's a fucked up shit and I'm glad Bernie is mostly played for the laughs on her Hikki side.

So what, Lorenz doesn't even know Lysithea is his sister? I don't buy it.

I am doing that. It's rough at first since Edelgard auto-deploys and you don't want to waste exp on her, but getting an instant recruit on Sylvain with female Byleth kind of makes it easier. After that, it's just a matter of poaching the best students from other classes while keeping the main BE members relatively good so that you won't get absolutely destroyed during the reunion.

No, could just be old lines. Especially since Ordelia kinda got buttfucked between the empire and alliance for a while.

honestly by reviewing her supports with catherene I've come to the conclusion that neither of her crests are natural

Flayn isn’t a loli, she’s just a midget.

Yes, Ordeila is a noble family but not descended from the ten elites. While Lorenz's family continues carrying the name Lysithea's family carries some of the bloodline still, they just just decided to not carry the name. House Charon, which is where Lysithea's second crest comes from, is Catherine's family's crest.

>Blue good, red bad
lmao boartards

Oh yeah and i forgot to add that Hanneman is hiding Lisythea crest info , so people like lorenz might just not know. Especially about Charon crest since Lisythea wouldn't go swording stuff.

who else playing maddening with no NG+? you guys also find yourselves crossing your fucking fingers your gambits don't miss? they're the only thing saving my ass so i end up using divine pulses if they miss

this happened both times on Hard
that map is fucking difficult

You basically need to have gambit bonuses if you want them to hit. I'm and while things get a little easier it's still rough.'

Honestly just be a faggot and grind, this mode expects you to really. Grinding doesn't even kill the challenge, just make it not as bullshit.

Stop making posts about this weak ass game. I don't know why like 98% of the male characters look like bitches and feminine. Only like 2 look like actual dudes. The rest look like walking shojo troupes. Who responsible for the character designs?

Next, there is like no dark skin girls in the game, all of them are either pale and only like 2 of them are tan and none of them have any real lips worth noting. They're all monkeys bro.

The game play is outdated as shit with turn based fucking strategy. You're literally taking turns to let someone beat you up, fucking stupid man.
You're all bitches, every single one of you. Stop turning this website into a scat fetish website, I don't like seeing shit every time I go on.

Get the fuck outta here.

No

>unless you think like Hilda where everything is about yourself
good job missing the entire point of her character. she cares about everyone and wants to do what she can for them, but she's so afraid of failure that she ends up not trying at all

cringe

Attached: LorenzChad.png (1080x1331, 982K)

I think Charon might be her natural crest since Catherine knows about it, and they both worked like bad luck charms

Sometimes I pity Felix, he wants to be hardcore but women just don't let him.

It's either tea with Dorothea, vegetable chopping with Flayn, performing in a circus with Jeralt fucktoy, being bribed with cake by a make a wish foundation sassy child that shouldnt be in college, chased by the would be widow of your dead bro or God forbids spend 5 years trying to return a satchel to a walking squeaky toy while you try to contain your sword autism in check, heck you can't even enjoy someone little songs without they calling you a bully nor drink tea without someone confusing you for their little brother.

Just let Felix be hardcore.

Claude has the right idea, maddening expects you to slap half your offense on flying mounts and hand them bows. GD comes with three bow specialists by default (Leonie having point blank at A) and both BL and GD can pick Cyril up on the cheap for C+ point blank

Dorothea’s rally charm is good for making gambits hit consistently, I can’t stand playing around RNG.

>they're all monkeys as an complaint
>while literally wanting niggers

you lost me user, do you love or hate niggers?

Attached: f750ed5ce5ce157aea0fda142b0303afbe0114d8.jpg (201x301, 15K)

>Next, there is like no dark skin girls in the game
At least get your facts right for your bait.

Attached: 76280609_p0.jpg (1967x2410, 1.18M)

>Hubert
>competent
reminder that he outright says he'll fuck over or veto Edelgard's decisions but he's still okay with her dressing in a big suit of armor and calling herself "Flame Emperor"
based Ferdinand is a much better advisor, their supports prove it

Wait does divine pulse work for undoing bullshit RNG? My first playthrough Claude dodged a 96% hit chance bow shot and I rage divine pulsed, then he dodged it again so I just figured it didn't let you do that.

why is petra such a man hunter?

Attached: stronk.jpg (566x810, 130K)

Well, you can use a different Gambit.

>gets chipped by the archers over the wall
>archers decide to run all the way around the spiral to finish the job
>they drag the entire rest of the map with them

Just wait 1 turn

Should I wait until right before the time skip to recruit people so they can level up on their own, or get them earlier so I can control their skill development?

The Charon crest is known from the start, the Gloucester one is hidden at first.

The Gloucester crest is most likely her injected one.

How is Hubert letting El LARP a bad thing?

>stops doing damage

Why is she allowed to be this sexy?

Attached: 1568786098767.png (1200x1200, 837K)

MAKE YOUR MAGES CERTIFY AS FORTRESS.

C+ in axes and Armor isn't that hard to get with Annette and Mercedes will get it eventually if you focus on faith first, fuck it you can get that shit before chapter 7 as armored knight given how low the requirements are at e+ armor and D+ axes.

30 hp and 12 armor let's you bait early, 35 and 17 is more than enough to survive silver Lance Pegasus.

Attached: Cute Blue dork.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

>family killed in front of his eyes
>classmate conquers and tramples his country
>loses his best friend
>everyone else in the game goes "BRO CHEER UP BRO ITS NOT SO BAD DONT BE MEAN"
Dmitri did absolutely nothing wrong

Some people have paralogues before timeskip. Do you want to miss out on boots?

Early as possible. They end up getting none of the skills from the classes they have unlocked, no exp in them and usually no authority.

maybe come up with a separate plan? I didn't realize it too much going through Beagles but going through Blue Lions I realized how ridiculous they both are

Maddening stops being hard after chapter 5 everything in between is a casual filter

it is not really that hard to outpush the falco knights with silver bows, also the fire attack they stop comming but i forgot if that happens in blue lions

Recruit early

Attached: 441253544885376626d8330951087522.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>ywn be as good at intuitively minmaxing like this guy

She can't help it.

Attached: 76426303_p0.png (767x1100, 782K)

Lorenz and his dad got forced into service when the empire set their tents up on his front lawn on their march to the monastery pre-timeskip. Gloucester and the rest fall in line once you take the bridge and force the empire back. IIRC Lorenz even has some flavour text about how his family and the other border nobles make a show of kneeling to the empire while undermining their war effort.

Lorenz’ dad is still a bastard though.

based

Attached: 1567526344112.jpg (1024x822, 52K)

All of the rest of the class went through tragedy too and they didn't become murder hobos.

This, Dima has ever reason to be fucked up, it's a little too edgy but it's understandable.

Better than Edel who works with the very people who are directly responsible for her fucked up childhood and are irredeemable to take out the lesser of two evils who isn't beyound redemption and plunging the whole continant into a lomg and bloody war to do so....

But he did? I mean he leaves the note telling Claude what to do, it's just that Hubert likes to let Edelgard indulge herself.

yea i'm pretty sure all of your attacks RNG resets after each movement. say you use a gambit with sylvain but it misses. use a divine pulse to before you moved sylvain, use another unit for any action , and THEN try sylvain's gambit again to see if it hits. if you use divine pulse to immediately try sylvain's gambit again, it's not going to reset the RNG. you have to move other units in between

How do we know both her Crests aren't implants? In her good endings, she has both of them removed, doesn't she?

>implying he didn't leave just to purposefully give his daughter a daddy complex so that he could someday replace his wife with her
5D chess

>I can't fail if I don't try
This just made me dislike her even more, accentuating her selfishness even more that she won't even try because she might feel bad for not being perfect right away, and assuming that other people aren't driven by expectations at all and that everything would be willy nilly and perfect if everyone just fucked off and did whatever they wanted. She clearly doesn't understand love at all as she says on multiple occasions even until right before the final chapter that dying to save someone else is pointless.

I think it's hard to compare, man

Annette: Daddy issues
Dimitri: Friends and family slaughtered in one swoop, his early love interest being the one (in his eyes) that massacred them, best friend "dies" later on, driven to the point of death multiple times alone for 5 years, professor also "dies" in his eyes

Can I get the boots with just Catherine? I wasn't planning on getting Ashe but my ng+ skills are high enough I could probably grab him.
Thanks lads

same here i ended up having to do some random battles at the end of the month for the last few months just to keep up with the recommended levels. i'm on the ch7 gronder field fight and the morale boosts are fucking my ass big time but it seems doable. hard mode seems so easy in comparison to maddening this is on another tier of bullshit. the RNG isn't what kills you but just the sheer strength of the enemies and their bullshit abilities

Who cares about characters backstories. Post more annoyed Manleths

Attached: 1567005840724.jpg (696x675, 262K)

i blame it to his family, if dad were not such a shitter he would not have been killed by a woman

I picture him to be as visually unfitting for his role as Hilda is. Like he’d be a pasty bald fat ugly manlet with noodle arms and irritable bowel syndrome, but he can lift a wyvern over his head and rip it in half like a phone book, and everyone treats him like a chad.

Wave 3 is by the end of this year, yeah?

user, that's not what fucking happened.

>not being chad enough to become a vengeful murder hobo
no one else can possibly compete with this absolute mad lad

Attached: 1567709921667.png (413x405, 331K)

Felix does on non-BL and non-loli marriage routes.

You really don't want to know how autistic I got with bishop Raphael.

Is there any woman that can take Dimitri's visceral poundings?

I do. Tell me your secrets.

I picture an even more muscular Ike with a pink beard.

He can marry some non loli girls too, him and Ingrid actually settle down and have kids after being mercs

>he says while browsing a blue board
checkmate retard

Attached: 022c86c3fa61cad6d3a1544508f3dbe4e9409a8f_1.png (1443x1083, 354K)

The church is really up front about the tight-knit history of the early empire and the church. People make a huge deal about Seiros herself helping on infrastructure projects in the capital, and the city has multiple holy sites. Their leaders also very publicly hear the crest of Seiros, which was passed down through the imperial family exclusively as a sign of friendship and trust.

>she says that dying to save someone else is pointless
she says this for the same reason, she can't fail if she doesn't try. she became like this specifically because she saw that when someone as perfect as her brother failed at something he looked like his soul was crushed. she does care about everyone in the end though, considering she dies for claude in black eagle route despite him telling her to run.

>make game about war and killing
>every single fucking character acts like they hate being a soldier
>the only characters shown enjoying soldiering are evil
japan is fucking gay

That was actually one of the easier chapters for me, beta it my first try but I had some insane luck with a few very critical crits and misses and I ran out of all my divine pulses by the end. It was amazing actually. There was a single archer left by the end and she was about to kill my Ingrid and there was nothing I could do. I was about to reset but said fuck it and decided to watch instead, she fucking dodges it, it was amazing.

Anyway I do suggest grinding personally, I'm not much farther then you but the last chapters, while not too bad, are a bit annoying. For chapter 9 I suggest maybe having two units who can heal, you need Jeralt alive to beat it and he can be a bit reckless in his AI behavior. I'm on chapter 10 now and it's pretty brutal, in hard mode the map expected you to split off into two parties but enemies are way too strong on maddening for that, at the same time the enemies on the other side will eventually come to hunt your ass down.

He left for the church after he failed his king by letting him die, and left his family behind because he felt he wouldn't be repenting if he was enjoying having a family while his king and fellow knights all died while he wasn't around to help them.

god i fucking hate dimitrifags at least talk about the gameplay or something with your homolust you fucking shitters

yes there is...
__(You)_

Attached: 1567541081127.jpg (2202x1438, 254K)

how the fuck you do this, you need a fuckton of time to get your mages to c+ axes in armor considering most of the good mages have reduced holy armor exp

Flayn

>Knights of Seiros are evil
What?

Any actual soldier hates doing their job, no one who enjoys being a bootlicker who kills to fill pockets is a real human.

but grondor fields is one of the maps where people don't die when they die, there's no need to restart if your that close to the end.

settle down Edelgard

How do you people come up with this shit? I think I get the idea; that Renewal + big bulky attacker is strong, but how can you commit in such a long game when you know you could irreversibly damage your playthrough?

Fuck, I forgot that actually. I guess it would have been unnecessary anyway.

what the fuck bros I put so much effort into pairing the characters up a certain way and literally none of them got the right endings

what's even the point of making them share meals I fucking hate this game why did all my blue lions except Ashe turn out to be fags

Attached: 1517558055919.png (400x400, 29K)

>make series about war and killing
>95% of all characters are anime teenagers whining about friendship or melodrama
There's no escaping it user, just enjoy it for what it is

Not him but the dude's so fucking min-maxed it just works

Don't A rank them except with the one you want them to end up with.

two different mindsets that reflect both of their big flaws. dimitri can't let go and feels personally responsible for everything that happens to him and so he takes it upon himself to go kill everyone he sees as being at fault (including himself unless you help him out). edelgard sees people as a means to an end and only uses those people because she sees them as disposable and thinks she can just get rid of them later. of course she doesn't just see her enemies that way, she sees her allies (e.g. bernie at gronder) that way too, and doesn't mind wiping out half the continent to achieve those goals because those people are just a side effect of the end goal.

not saying either is right or even that one isn't worse than the other, but both are pretty clearly flawed.

>Fire Emblem thread
>gameplay discussion
Leave now user, you'll only get more upset

Basically made fray tormenta Raphael with 20 Res 40 Def that was healing 40 hp per turn as a Warmaster, the guy was winning 2 hp per level up every 3 levels at 30 so I ditched healing focus and just used smite and drawback to extend his range with a Flier.

Raphael breaks this game with pure luck Def and Res hitting 50 back with fucking training gloves, I kinda felt like an idiot giving him Wrath because he never dropped below 80% hp.

Kek. Did they have multiple A supports?
That hsppened to me on my 1st route.
I made sure on my 2nd route to only A support them with the pairing I havr in mind.

Attached: 3e8.jpg (634x457, 52K)

Did you play the chapter thats most the students first real combat, most of em are either pumped or not to bothered by thier first kill, only Lindhart freaks out, even Ignatz does the "sorry but it was you or me" thing and he's usually a little bitch.

Annette doesn't, she is the easiest one, you only need D axe and E+ armor to certify as armored.

There's a priority list somewhere that shows which endings will take place if everyone has equal support ranks. Ignoring whoever Byleth chooses to S Rank, Dimitri/Dedue, Felix/Sylvain, Dimitri/Felix, and Mercedes/Annette rank above their other endings.

>all the Lions are neutral or adversely affected by their first kill
>except Annette who's super fucking excited
I'M YOUR GIRL

>Lindhardt doesn't even care about the murder he just doesn't like blood

Ignatz is unironically the best archer-pigeonholed unit. He’s also the best support unit in the game beyond staffbitching.

>Rally Speed extremely early to prevent/ensure doubles
>Seal Strength and that combat art that is effectively Curved Shot + Seal Defense
>A whopping plus 40 fucking hit to ensure that assassin gets chipped to death
>Massive hit + Sniper’s Volley ensures one-rounding those shithead Pegasus Knights
>Massive hit also counteracts the hit penalty from aiming at the tip of Bow Knight’s 4-tile range

The only thing Bernie or Ashe have over him are Encloser/axe proficiency, respectively.

Raphael is the only Golden Deer that deserves the bench. Even Lorenz pulls his weight, thanks to being the only mage in the game bulky enough to survive mixed offense attacks on enemy phase.

Yeah everyone was a ranked with everybody but I was making them have two meals a month with the person I wanted them to end with.

I was aiming for:
Dimitri/Catherine
Dedue/Mercedes
Sylvain/Dorothea
Felix/Ingrid
Ashe/Caspar

but got

Dimitri/Dedue
Sylvain/Felix
Ashe/Mercedes
No pairing for Ingrid and Catherine

I want to make Shamir a mom and then watch our children play in companionable silence.

every veteran i have ever spoken to wont shut up about how much they miss the army/navy/air force/ marines

fuck I hope this doesn't happen to me

I want to make Manuela sing.

Attached: 1566256673125.jpg (850x1424, 138K)

>Get Sylvain/Felix instead
Fuck, maybe the memes aren't actually a joke.

Lorenz having near 40% growths across the board makes him the biggest wildcard in the cast. Mine had monster defense and health but got absolutely screwed in speed and strength. I must’ve given him 4 speed carrots just to keep him from getting doubled. Thank god for Nosferatu.

Annette is the better rally bot honestly.

I got the same, I guess those win the "tiebreaker" maybe? I worked pretty hard on getting Ingrid with Sylvain.

Bare minimum requirements let you roll in the E+/D range at the earliest. Granted it might take a couple of weeks but you can get it.

Yeah, dedue is a worse Raphael because of negative faith but it's also possible to do it at timeskip, he benefits greatly from priest certification giving him some resistance though.

If you wish to make a heavy knight though assuming you have faith at b+ you can get 40% certification rate at holy knight too to get him to 15 natural resistance just in case you really hate those Abraxas mages.

Man I wish I knew that thirty hours earlier in the game

nvm I see

>mfw my Ignatz is strength-blessed
He may be a little bitch of a character but he's carrying my team. It's really too bad Raphael is kind of trash, I don't like dropping my main house characters but he's done fuck-all in a while, and I have Caspar and maybe Felix for going war master.

Attached: 1537402659065.png (320x339, 54K)

>tfw every single member of the Blue Lions had the max rank with each other
>not a single pairing I thought up happened
I wanted all the support ranks and for everyone to be true comrades, too bad they all went AWOL when the game was over
I still can't believe Mercedes got DUSCURED

Attached: 1567834692949.jpg (998x957, 425K)

that would be fucking stupid
>in order to get the endings you want you can't watch all the supports

Fujos were right for once.

Attached: 05243.jpg (701x1024, 131K)

this map fucken BLOWSSSS

It's generally agreed that dark knight is the best route for him, he's tankier then other and still quite powerful.

Benching the God of tanks Raphael, I fucking pity you.

I guess some people are not cool enough to run an immortal self healing fortress into Warmaster

Nah, this is wrong. Dimitri/Flayn took priority, Sylvain/Ingrid took priority, and Annette/Gilbert took priority.

I think it's more who supported them last. It's bizarre as shit.

Sylvain says that crests become rarer as the blood of the 10 elites becomes more diluted in the gene pool. Felix just got insanely lucky.

It was also a balancing lever for justifying making his crest proc more often. His crest is “only” +5 damage. If he had fucking Dimitri’s crest or something there’d be no way he’d have a major crest.

Raphael is just fantasy Rich Piana, change my mind

Try to make him a Warmaster, aura knuckles God is an understatement.

>I think it's more who supported them last.
Correction, I don't mean who got an A rank last. I mean in-battle increasing. Notice how they still gather hearts even when maxed.

Making them adjutants almost guarantees they'll end together.

>fucking stupid
It is, removing locked S supports was a mistake. Even if you get the ending you want it seems like everyone is about to fuck everyone else

Gauntlets are trash on maddening for anyone not named Felix, his crest allows him to make them work actually.

Where would Edelgard be if she didn't have Hubert? Keep in mind he was the one that convinced her working with the slithers is a good idea.

godly taste

Hanneman and Bernie share a crest but they aren’t related. A lot of noble houses are just split off from other ones.

If only you could get quick riposte/wary fighter before Master rank it would help him out when he lacks perfect defense

In the rape dungeon being indoctrinated by the slitherers with their slithers

Dead with someone like Kronya LARPing as her

Also gets Ward Arrow which is basically a limitless silence ability provided you have the trash bows to spare. Ignatz is absurdly versatile as long as you're not obsessing over pure, generalized killing power

>change Ingrid, Ashe, Dedue and Seteth to Brigand after Gronder in order to boost their damage with Death Blow
>they get their ass kicked even in Auxiliary battles

6 feet underground

He reminds me of 80s fantasy barbarians with a heart of gold.

You could put Warmaster Raphael striking a pose with an Axe and bikini armor Leonie grabbing his legs from below with the immaculate one in the background and you got yourself a sick metal album cover.

If that's the case, and I'm not sure it's true, probably getting her womb Blaiddyd day in and out.

While she probably is better in the long run, Ignatz learns Rally Speed at D while she learns it at C+. It makes a world of difference in the early parts of Maddening how quickly Ignatz gets it.

>Ingrid
You're just better off keeping her as pegasus knight with those god-tier growths and feeding her str items

Technically speaking they would be related but it's probably so minor that their genetics are almost entirely different.

>after timeskip
Why then? You should had done it at the start to make sure they got it right away and a few strength level ups

Unfortunately my Raphael is being screwed hard on all stats right now.
My best tanks right now are Hilda, him, and Ferdinand von Aegir. The main difference is that Hilda and Ferdinand can also kill things on enemy phase.

It's worth it, right now I'm almost done getting death blow on all my BL students beside Annette and Mercedes for obvious reasons. So far my Dimitri, Dedue, and Felix have it while Ingrid and Ashe are only a few battles away from the the mastery. It's annoying having to get all of them to C in axes but fuck is it worth it.

Felix, Dedue and Raphael are actually good with that shit just get fiendish blow first, try to break some gauntlets and an enemy to break his weapon on bow Dedue in a healing tile and you can fucking farm gauntlets up to Healing focus with ease, broken weapon prevents both from doubling and killing each other, the AI in made Ning will prefer to attack bow dedue over a broken weapon unit.

Just slap knowledge gems on them and make them backpacks for a couple fights. Only 25 engagements per character and sticking them on heal bitches works just fine and is easily exploitable

>Ignatz is absurdly versatile as long as you're not obsessing over pure, generalized killing power
Which isn't unreasonable if you're only thinking about Normal/Hard. In those modes, rallies and seals are mostly a waste because your characters should be capable of killing in single action. If they can't, you should be swapping to characters that can. Maddening, it's a lot rarer to do so early in the game, so Ignatz starts becoming incredibly useful.

No physical tank compares to Dedue, his passive is amazing. Sadly Raphael was built with gauntlets in mind, which is fine on hard mode but fucks him over on maddening.

You can always try dancer Raphael, his defense and HP will still kick in and you could try assasin Raphael when not using him as dancer when farming stuff.

It's fucking silly how much you can do with the big Raph.

Because this is my first FE game.

she's doing doubles the same amount as Felix singles, girl needs Death Blow

oh wow, you guys are smart

Who is that wizard guy on the last level of blue lions? I wasn't expecting him to throw out such huge damage and he actually managed to get Dimitri killed for the first time in my game

leader of the slithers after you btfo thales
he's a bitch, I agree

>his crests makes them actually work
Just always get strength up, on another note, if you aren't quading Caspar is the one of the only two people with only art worth using on the damn weapon which makes him on average better than Felix if they get similar strength, plus he takes less time to get the axe rank for brigand for deathblow which also makes it work.

>immaculate one on church can use her staggering blow aoe attack that ignores res/def every single turn
Is this just a maddening thing or church thing? Either way its a fucking retarded HP stat chack

Attached: 1557550333276.png (237x200, 57K)

She’s better on paper, but in practice, having Rally Speed for the brutal early chapters is more valuable.

I was thinking of making Marianne the dancer so she could get the sword skills. I wasn't planning on using a refresher anyway.
As far as Raphael goes, I have him as a brawler right now and I might make him go fortress knight for a while to double down on his defenses if he doesn't pick up.

The problem is, rally speed is most useful when you first fight the Death Knight and need someone to bait it out. Otherwise they'll likely have to unequip their weapon

All the final levels have bullshit in them. Rheas super move is a lot nicer than Edelkikes fifty mages dropping meteors

I can’t believe I forgot his best quality. Being able to shut up those goddamned late-game Meteor Gremories is huge.

This is Gilbert, the worst unit in the game, say something nice to cheer him up.

Attached: __gilbert_prosnilav_fire_emblem_three_houses_and_etc_drawn_by_pelissashieva__1dbad1ab4b35ea49550293b (2500x2500, 3.34M)

She can't even fucking do it proper.

Attached: bbq.png (960x658, 361K)

His daughter married the archbishop he should be proud

you have at least one person who husbandoed you

Dedue is better on Defense and skill if I recall.

Raphael has hp and luck over him.

However Raphael has an easier time getting faith wich allows early certification fix of resistance as monk, priest and bishop.

Mastering bishop gives him renewal as well wich heals 20% hp every turn.

Raphael might be more oriented to brawling but he still favors axes and Armor making armored knight and fortress easy to get, having a fortress with self healing, the highest hp Stat in the game 60% defense growths as a fortress and actual resistance on top of his hp makes him an unbreakable wall.

Try Raphael, he cannot die and his luck nullifies fucking crit weapons to boot.

I don't think the slithers would kill her since she is the best experiment they've had with Crest implementation. If anything it'd be more that the Slithers have a tighter grip around her and she's much more scared of them.

I was surprised how useful silence was. I thought it would be too situational to be the best option for a character's action but it saved my ass too many times to count. On the final BL map it's a god send.

Is he really the worst unit in the game? He seemed like an alright temp replacement tank for Dedue in BL, and he had better results than Alois or Hanneman in general.

>the worst unit in the game
The fuck? He was one of my mvps in the BL run. Fucker was so tanky that he gave Dedue a run for his money.

>Cast Ward on Ingrid, equip Spear+ and give her a glass of water
>She wipes the map by herself
BL really needed more unit variety in the finale.

how do we know that Hubert isn't a slither
Hell, how do we not know if most of the Black Eagles are slithers, including the main character?

Wrong, here is art of Annette's husband and Byleth's wife together.

Attached: EB74j6xUIAE9p5_.png (700x754, 635K)

>the worst unit in the game
I think you posted the wrong picture, that isn’t Cyril.

>Is he really the worst unit in the game?
Not by a mile. Flayn still exists along with Shamir, Cyril, and Catherine.

Silence is effectively killing a caster for one turn at the cost of just a single action. It’s one of the best white magic spells and Ignatz gets to do chip damage while he’s at it.

Mariane has silence, you don't want to dance if you have such a good spell as silence.

Recruit Ingrid or Ferdinand to dance and have a dodge tank or psychic dancer in the case of Ingrid but Mariane has too much utility to just dance.

Hanneman meteors hit for like 80 damage thanks to his batshit magic growth and he also gets Thoron to heckle rangelets. Hanneman is a top 3 faculty member.

He's pretty fucking awful, old fuck is too slow and has awful movement in his default class, meaning he will take three turns or so to catch up to everyone else unless you reclass him. There are some other pretty bad units like Flayn, Manuela (saved from being complete shit thanks to warp), and Hanneman but Gilbert is probably the overall worst unit in the game.

>with Apititude and easy Wyvern Lord unlock
lolno

I made the mistake of playing this game slowly to fully immerse myself in the story and characters so I'm currently on chapter 10 while having 34 hours of play time. My characters are over leveled and just one shot everything and I'm getting bored of everything. Every time I explore the school I'm ready to bash my head into the wall. These fetch quest are the worst. I'm ready to just beat this game and play all over on a harder difficulty. Fml

Attached: 1567634876266m.jpg (965x1024, 55K)

>Catherine

Attached: 1345286849600.gif (227x224, 12K)

>Catherine
>Worst unit

How fucking unlucky did you get hit with RNG to have a bad Catherine?

Bitch how Stat screwed was your Catherine, I made Felix a fucking Warmaster just because Catherine was better at being a Swordmaster than him.

Right, that's why I said just for the sword skills. I wasn't going to use her as the dancer class, I just wanted the skills for her since i plan to make her an offensive unit.

Marianne is way too good of a support unit to dance. Honestly if you don't have a unit falling behind just make your dancer a sword user for sword avo +20. Dancer is more there to salvage any unit you put time into that is just too shit to recover. That or make Flayn your dancer since she's just trash.

I wish Edelgard was redeemable.

Attached: D1jj2hhWsAE0jVI.png (460x215, 209K)

>Shamir
>bad
Really? She wrecked shit as a bow knight in my BL playthrough

For what fucking purpose did they make forging bonds have multipliers at random times?

I managed to keep him alive until we reached fuck-face,whom Gilbert immediately charged and got his ass handed him. It was one of the few times I said fuck it and finished the chapter.

Shamir is fine if you recruit her early. Her only shaky growth is speed at 40%, but the later you recruit her the slower she is for her level. Her quality mostly comes from how crazy strong bows are, and for getting a free ride to Bow Knight, but she’s still a fine unit. She’s no Leonie obviously, but she’s definitely not dumpster tier.

This is your new queen of the United Kingdom of Fodlan. Say something nice about her!

Attached: your girl.png (523x629, 684K)

>Catherine
Fucking what? If she wasn't locked out of BE I would say she is the single best non Byleth/lord unit in the game, and even then I still put her in top three.

Attached: 75905891_p0.jpg (1366x2048, 252K)

Well fuck. I didn't realize how screwed my Cath was then. How great are yours? I ended up just chucking Thunderbrand to others.

Go pad your armor somewhere else Edelgard, we are about to discuss Gilbert VS Wyvern Lord Cyril.

Even with the best class in the game he was constantly getting doubled. Dude just sucks dick. Use Seteth if you want a good Wyvern Lord, his character is also leagues better.

>Catherine
Bitch, she was the only unit I felt confident using when the deployment slot when bigger than 11

Not him but my catherine had constant shit hitrates on maddening. Thunderbrand also having poor hit didnt help

His spell literally just reduces your HP to 1, if I recall right. Either you avoid the right side completely, or stride/warp to kill him immediately.

thats not Flayn

Shamir is a bit weird, like Catherine she is amazinf for the point you get her but unlike Catherine whose amazing growths allow her to never fall off Shamir has just average growths. Shamir is good but in the long run units like Leonie and maybe even Bernie are better.

Attached: 76357745_p0.png (2377x4021, 3.98M)

but I'm using Seteth too, they both wreck shit
Iunno "lolno" might've been an exaggeration. I still use him over Gilbert though and I think Gilbert is way cooler.

Manuela would be crazy good if she didn’t hate Reason magic with a passion. She gets Bolting but by the time she’s learned it, you’ve got maybe 3 chapters left to use it.

They should’ve just given her Recover instead of Heal at D rank. Not being able to reliably heal really guts her.

>constantly get doubled
>dude is the fastest speed growth male in the game
Shit luck you got there.

I popped a stride gambit and rushed out to kill him first turn after rewinding time. I just put Dimitri out front without thinking since I didn't expect him to get nuked like that and some other units finished him off

Her stat growths are nearly identical to Felix's, and her bases combined with being a low level swordmaster are extremely useful. She doesn't have much class flexibility but she and Felix are the ideal swordmasters.
Her dex is a little lacking at base, and thunderbrand is pretty inaccurate, but an iron+ and average leveling should fix her up.

My nigga.
Seteth is a fucking monster.

She has a 75% spd growth and 60% str as a swordmaster, her most important base growths are insane. Nevermind how ludicrous her bases are if you recruit her as early as possible.

I never wind up using her past the early mid game because of how choked for deployment slots you are but she can replace just about anyone in your starting lineup in a heartbeat

To be fair Seteth is a top five unit, the dragon boomer is godly.
Even beyond that her bases are just terrible. Both her and Hanneman suffer the same problem, solid growths and spell lists that are held back by mediocre to terrible base stats.

That shouldn't happen, if anything he always gets more speed than sethet in my runs, at what level did you recruit the Almyran kid?
Odd, I'm conservative as fuck with my resources so I mostly used training sword+ and Wodao+ and she was stupidly accurate, I don't think I used thunderbrand until the end.

And the worst part is that he's fucking immune to silence. I just ended up avoiding the right side altogether since it's such a clusterfuck of magic and strength attacks.

>getting doubled
He gets point blank volley at C+ and his defenses are so flaky that he shouldn't even be engaging on enemy phase, even though it's good his spd growth is honestly pretty irrelevant, he's a player phase killer

you bout to get repeat invitation'd

>Hanneman can marry Edelgard
but WHY

Yeah, even after destroying Shambhala in GD, there's still a Slither Army that's only dealt with in Protag/Claude ending.

BL is a bunch of whiteknights who can only be the heroes if Rhea conveniently gets captured and you just ignore that Slithers even exist.

why use point blank volley instead of a regular attack

>looking for logic to explain edeltard's actions

What? Bullshit.

Claude's the only logical fucker in 3H to be fair

the old man knows how to charm the ladies

because edelgard is a bisexual degenerate.

Top ten non Byleth/lord units, this is considering their avaiability on all fours routes and overall usefullness from start to finish:

1. Felix
2. Catherine
3. Lysithea
4. Seteth
5. Hilda
6. Leonie
7. Mercedes
8. Ingrid
9. Shamir
10. Petra

Attached: EDPE3RbWwAAxxVK.jpg (1920x1358, 636K)

Hilda is better at logic than Claude.

20/20 Gorilla insight.

I'd have to put Lysithea above Catherine, mainly for the fact she's available in all routes and Cath isn't.

I'm getting pretty close to Enbarr in BL route and Dimitri still hasn't explained what happened to his eye

>As the new Adrestian emperor, Edelgard gave all she had to breathe new life into the government of Fódlan. To that end, Hanneman's research proved invaluable. Seeking to determine the nature of Crests, and to do away with the inequality caused by them, the Father of Crestology produced magical tools that could be used even without the aid of Crests. These were put to eager use by Edelgard, who saw both of their dreams realized. It is not hard to imagine that a pair with such similar ideologies and plans for the future would eventually settle into an affectionate and fulfilling relationship.

Chaddeman has got mad game. He also has a Dorothea ending where they have many children.

>Though Fódlan had changed, Hanneman's goal remained unwavering: to determine the workings of the Crests, and to do away with the inequality caused by them. To that end, his research resulted in magical tools which could be used even without the aid of Crests. This proved to be yet another worthwhile discovery by the Father of Crestology. Hanneman also became a father in more literal sense, by raising many children with his wife, Dorothea. Their marriage was not publicly known, however, as the songstress elected to keep it secret for the sake of both of their careers.

Because it lets you attack twice before the enemy can even react, regardless of speed. Probably more relevant on Maddening, but attacks like point blank and swift strikes are stupidly op and make a unit capable of dealing with just about any enemy outside boss monsters as long as they have enough strength and the right weapons

I don't think it's ever explained for whatever reason

That was a tough one but Catherine carries you so hard on any non BE route that it was hard to not put her that high. If she was recruitable on all four routes I would easily put her at #1.

dorothea, manulea and femleth can also marry him, he's just a stud

Yes.
Nope.
Darker skin does not make someone black u dumb fuck and the same goes for lips. Is your brain just a sack of shit?

I think u need to realize certain physical traits present in people does not denote their race. What's funnier is that I didn't mention shit about race, you did you dumb fuck. I merely mentioned skin color and lip size.
That's tan damn near pale bitch. This is dark.

Attached: vlcsnap_2019_06_11_12h26m48s436.0.jpg (1200x800, 115K)

>Their marriage was not publicly known, however, as the songstress elected to keep it secret for the sake of both of their careers.
Holy shit.

Never explained. He either got it escaping from prison, or while he was murderhobo-ing around for 5 years. Common headcanon is that he ripped it out himself, to try to stop seeing ghosts.

Attached: Ep246YoruichiShihōin.png (888x576, 633K)

to be fair hanneman is really cool and he has good supports with Edelgard

>Common headcanon is that he ripped it out himself, to try to stop seeing ghosts.
fucking metal

It's never ever explained how he got it. He only mentioned about his eye in tea party and a counselling note, apparently he got a scar on his eye that is now healed.

Petra and Ingrid are pretty scary to fight with their evasion, might as well recruit them just so you don't have to

>raising many children
>their marriage was not publicly known

Was being known as a whore having random children really better than being married to an old dude?

Haneman has such potent sperm he makes Manuela a very haope mother, just like Ferdinand who has fat old bastard genes.

How do I know you're not a slither?

Attached: 1526607230444.jpg (195x255, 11K)

Lys is a great unit, but she doesn't carry maps and armies usually unless you do absolute risky moves with her like vantage

pretty sure you still fight "them", no? I distinctly remember a lot of obnoxious generals that probably took the place of units I stole.

What were his last thoughts?

Attached: EFHS-_YVUAExeem.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

Lysithea doesnt carry you on maddening thoe

You’re all fucking shitters and Edelgard is best girl. Cope niggers

Maddening is fucking horseshit same turn reinforcements are fucking gay

Attached: E7431345-5DA8-4C17-9C67-DE7BCA4381EF.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

she can have secret kids if she has a secret husband

Why would you ever say that, user? Don't you trust me?

That it was a deserved punishment having to kill or be killed by his daughter.

Attached: 1566277904355.jpg (1280x2160, 1.46M)

Probably extremely depressing thoughts of how this is his punishment for letting down everyone during the tragedy of duscur and abandoning his family.

>Ferdinand who has fat old bastard genes.
Stop saying such an unnoble thing.

Attached: 1sjyrV4Q.png (512x512, 138K)

I wish I'd...never... come back for you...

Attached: 1566228331902.jpg (862x414, 142K)

How did Ferdinand become such a good boy anyway?

claude>>>>>>>>>>>>dimitri

>secret kids

You could get away with it like once, but people might catch on when you're a public performer and you're having multiple kids.

Why is Dorothea's husband with Byleth's wife?

he read a hentai doujin when he was younger and saw that his dad looked like the protagonist

it was an ntr doujin, so he swore to never end up like his father

Well we have to consider Indech crest, after all the crests are to blame.

Both Haneman and Bernie are ridiculously good at their crafts and are somewhat held back by some form of autism when relating to people just like Indech was, heck Cichol had a bromance with Indech that ends up with him marrying Bernie wich is described as a female version of the stupid sexy turtle.

Haneman is a stud considering how many characters talk about his multiple female assistants like Alois says in his C support but he eventually scares them away due to his crest autism, however if you manage to get him married he becomes a stud capable of fertilizing the impossible, you gotta respect the father of crestology, now father of many little Indech crest bearers if we go by his endings.

Seriously, that Turtle probably made Cethlean mother jealous of his relationship with Cichol to a point Seteth marries a female version of his no Homo Archer turtle bro4life, because how much Bernie reminds him of the Turtle.

Attached: Stupid sexy turtle.png (256x256, 60K)

Gotta admit BL seems to get the most important stuff in terms of the main story
>most of them are childhood friends, having a much stronger group synergy than BE/GD
>Mercedes is related to the Death Knight
>gets a free Gilbert dedicated specially to them with Annette also being his daughter
>one chapter dedicated to Ashe's lord
>one chapter dedicated to Sylvain's brother
>Dimitri self-explanatory
>all the tragedy of Duscur background that gives many characters more ways to develop
Overall I like GD because it's chill but BL just feels the best crafted one

Wife swap to liven up the bedroom life.

Who deserves to be the queen of Fodlan the most?

Attached: a4250341f98ad1e4c712bb56091efa85432866ae.jpg (521x556, 48K)

(you)

Marianne
Flayn if you like coddling spoiled brats

Rhea

is it actually possible to do this map splitting your teams

I guess if you want to bash your skull in, go ahead.

Made for an almyran king

Attached: 1946392373483.jpg (850x601, 368K)

Bernie!

Attached: She is growing stronger.jpg (680x383, 63K)

Iunno, I tried it twice that way and got fucked, and then I sent them in all on the far right and stomped on everything

Yes, but it's fucking brutal. It's best to keep them together through the middle.

>can't even see half her face

Why is Rescue so limited in this game? The only units who have it are Flayn and fucking Bernadetta who has like a 20% mag growth. It can't be that much more broken than Warp.

Attached: 1565652188657.jpg (853x717, 166K)

I would spoil Flayn with headpats.

Attached: 1565994052890.jpg (2721x2440, 529K)

Bernie?

Attached: Bernie21.jpg (693x709, 283K)

She is a turtle so I gave her a shell.

always make sure to have rescue user

Attached: 1564251436090.jpg (800x600, 266K)

FE: Three Houses but its all Ed Edd n Eddy
would it work?

Attached: 1554956378745.jpg (640x480, 42K)

Flayn would give the craziest sex and her wisdom would help to rule Fodlan so I agree.

This is the only correct choice.

Attached: 75907353_p4.jpg (600x500, 211K)

For dimitri
>marianne
>fem byleth
>catherine

For claude
>hilda
>lysithea
>ingrid

Goddess empress of mankind.

Did anyone save that Pic of fortress Bernie getting +1 in every Stat?

plus you get to make Seteth a grandfather

>Wisdom
I love the girl, but she has fucking none of it.

Attached: 1567195363927.png (526x589, 208K)

>try to pair up Dimitri with Catherine
>he gets the shared ending with Dedue
>try to pair up Sylvain with Ingrid and Felix with Dorothea
>he gets the shared ending with Felix
goddamn what is this? the Holy Broman Empire?

Attached: 1568731694130.jpg (1200x1200, 498K)

>s-sumimasen sensei, watashi have come to battoru for anata no kokoro.

Attached: 1568768227159.jpg (1440x2792, 1.85M)

Nevermind found it.
Wasn't there a small comic of Claude and Ingrid flying ending with a very angry Ingrid?
The boomer dragon deserves a good ending.

Attached: Respect the Bernie.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

>playing BL
>getting BL
you play the fujo route, you get the fujo results.

Attached: 1566770205818.jpg (666x666, 376K)

I remember the comic, its him flying around with his kid only to drop her after his dragon sneezed

Do people really have such a difficult time optimizing in this game? It seems fairly straightforward to me once you understand things like base stats, mastery skills, and growth rates. It seemed fairly obvious to me that Armor Knights had ridiculous bases for their tier as even Def-biased characters won't have 12 Defense by level 10, just as it seemed natural to invest in Faith on your beefy low-Res units in order to get those sweet white magic Resistance bases.

Attached: 1569074951526.png (867x1093, 1.08M)

To be fair, there's no telling how much it would hinder their def growth when shifting classes to grow in.

this

Attached: friends.jpg (833x438, 95K)

I don't know, but apparently IS understands that putting cute girls in heavy Armor is something that must be rewarded.

Most of this Bernie leveling was alternating assasin and Fortress, she pretty much killed nemesis and edelgard despite their counters and if that 80% crit rate didn't proc lethality did. Before bow knight she had Aegis and Pavise as fortress, that Res came from holy knight certification to boot.

I might not have S+ bow but I didn't need it.

Attached: Bernie stats.jpg (1280x720, 224K)

which does Felix prefer more, bromance or lolis

Training

Poor Sylvain.

he likes both in equal measure

So which character do you think is the most into hair-pulling?

Attached: 1565478473084.png (680x378, 416K)

He did lots wrong and that is why I love him. He still deserves to be pissed as fuck over what happened in his dumpster fire of a life though.

Attached: EFGDYfhWwAAet-D.jpg (1440x2047, 709K)

Ingrid is for pumping out Almyran babies ONLY

What do you anons?

Attached: BA2E07A9-D561-4761-B63D-5F1104676008.png (260x324, 3K)

Mercedes Dedue is both of their best endings and the support is super cute. Don't be hating on that one.

S+ doesn't even matter if you're ending in a class with the correct -faire skill anyway. Even S might be overrated since there are plenty of other ways to stack crit so missing 10 won't break you, especially when you can savescum with Divine Pulse.

47 Dex, killer bow.

I didn't need the Faire nor the crit, she was deleting everything, EVERYTHING.

Leonie, definitely. No other reason for the frugal and efficient tomboy to grow out her hair.

Annette grew out of it, which is why she stopped wearing her hair with handholds.

Attached: 1568617834535.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

>with handholds.
Thanks for that kinky idea.

Bernie's most kino armor is the falcon knight one. The gunmetal armor with the dark purple cape is cool as fuck.

To the Gulag

Eddy fags are the same fags who pick golden queer

>Marianne failed her Dark Knight certification 4 weeks in a row.
I'm calling off the wedding.

Attached: 1568777104777.png (512x512, 153K)

I wish Byleth's use of divine pulses were more explored. They're likely seeing their comrades and friends die over and over and no one else will ever know. All they see is a flawless tactician.

I considered it but I just fucking love how Byleth and Bernie look as double bow knights.
Claude and Hilda in Barbarossa and Wyvern Lord.
Immortal punching bishop Raphael(Warmaster with renewal), Assasin Mastery Warmaster Alois and assasin Ignatz getting most of the attention of the 10 elites, Ignatz bow skills as Assasin are godlike in maddening.
Falcon Leonie and Shamir as pseudo bow units to pick off what little stood in the way.
Mariane, Lorenz and Lysithea as dark knight battering rams.

Thats pretty much how I beat maddening GD, Alois was awesome, give him a bunch of silver axe+ and let him go to town using exhausting blow.

At least they tried to use it when that stuff happened with Jeralt.

god, Marianne and Dimitri ending was depressing

I don't understand how most protagonists with the ability to control time in some fashion don't go insane. That said, the fact that Byleth only uses time powers twice in the whole story (excluding gameplay) is kinda lame, but placing too much emphasis on it probably would have detracted from the intent of the story.

>ignatz is a disspointment
Worst golden deer by a fucking mile.
Swapped him with based Shamir

The boar found happiness with the beast.
No matter how brief it was both were happy.

He is probably the best character in maddening by sheer utility.

>but placing too much emphasis on it probably would have detracted from the intent of the story.
Yeah, I feel you. I guess it shouldn't affect Byleth too much either, considering they don't really start garnering emotions until later.

I tried for that ending, but Dimitri ended up smashing Flayn and Marianne with Linhardt. What happens?

They did say the power was limited, but otherwise the character is saving it for clear emergencies and doesn't need it otherwise. At worst he'd be using it for cutscene fighting

Supports, man some just go all over the place.

Remember that lindhart stalks both Lysithea and Mariane from the start, he even convinces Flayn to have 5 children as an experiment.

man golden deers is so cool you're making me want to drop my current BL maddening run to restart with deer instead. i forgot how damn fun the deer house was on my first playthrough. they get the most varied support conversations and the units themselves are some of the best. eagles are full of misfits and lions are just a bunch of mopey fuckers while deers are animal house

Shamir so she can sit next to you as you silently stare down petitioners together.

What class should I make Leonie?

>Flayn is bad
Fucking how, she has a great Reason kit and can also Rescue and use that aoe heal, but Rescue is really damn good for assassination strategies

Do you get to keep your inventory post timeskip? I have a lot of stat boosting items right now on chapter 10, just curious if I get to keep all these.

Pegasus or archer. Best is Pegasus occasionally using a bow.

Yes, but you don't get prep time on the timeskip so if your byleth has shit stats eat them before the timeskip

Edelgard has a funny line right after timeskip where she basically says
>gee, Sensei, you're such a great tactician. It's almost as if you know what the enemy will do before they do it!

Thanks senpai.

does she even learn regular physic?

No she get's rescue instead. There are more than enough people with physic anyway.

Yes, all your weapons durability in the character's inventory get repaired too so go all out and use all the crazy stuff as long as you keep it with them and not in the convoy

Does anything in the convoy get destroyed?

Nope

Aight thanks.

She's built to be a healer but lacks the most important heal in the game: Physic. She also has mediocre/terrible def, spd, and HP growths so any stiff breeze will typically kill her due to doubling coupled with TERRIBLE survivablity. Also can't use Miracle because her lck growth is the worst in the game.

Physic would help remedy this problem by keeping her away from the frontlines but she doesn't even have it. She can work, but needs excessive babying compared to most characters. She at least gets Fortify.

And on the offensive front, she suffers from the same problem as Annette: she has the worst spells. There is hardly anything going for the girl.

>flayn trains felix to become fruitninja
i did not expect to laugh

Attached: laughingcaocao.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

At least you CAN bench your shit unit. My Claude is turning out to be shit, and there's nothing I can do about it. Level 13 with 13 strength and 12 speed. Funnily enough, he has the same speed as my Raphael (who is pretty blessed).

By the way, I say this and I fucking love Flayn. She's my favorite.

Attached: 1568428922257.gif (994x311, 414K)

I don't remember this. Maybe I'm just not observant.

I only noticed it myself on my third playthrough of the game.

Well that makes me feel better because I'm on my second.

Why does everyone say Brawlers get screwed over in Maddening? Is it really that bad?

Enemies have min maxed speed, they either are insanely and now won't get quadrupled unless you reset for every level up or they be slow as shit but heavy armored units that take no damage from brawlers anyway. The only character who works as a brawler in maddening is ironically Felix, his crest allows him to deal actual damage with them. Characters like Caspar or Raphael should focus on axes instead, brawling is just shit in maddening.

>not making your brawlers into Brigands and Warriors for the strength growth
Overall you don't need to quad, you just need strength

They're just morons who don't know how to use the weapon. Early game you want just about every frontliner with a spare pair on them so they don't get horribly murdered on enemy phase. Past that, you leave them on someone with gorilla strength and they'll kill shit in two hits that you could never manage in one. I usually leave a pair on Hilda even though she can't access the classes, since darting blow means she's more likely to quad. And when the stars align and you do quadruple, even Uncle Indech will fold in like wet tissue paper

I found that a single hit from an axe always did more damage then the double hits brawling did. In hard mode the lack of weight on them made them great for not getting double but in maddening everything is so fast that it doesn't matter.

>Early game you want just about every frontliner with a spare pair on them so they don't get horribly murdered on enemy phase.
I don't get it. You can't switch weapons after you attack, right? So that means you're just using knuckles

if i certify a unit as a class and get bonus stats from that class, will those bonuses carry over into the next class i certify them as?
t. brainlet

The way the weapon works is their mt is replaced by your strength if you double. In the end it becomes a calculation of your strength - enemy prt + 0-4mt x2 vs the same thing but with the axe's mt and only x1, also using a silver axe is most likely asking the enemies to kill you on enemy phase while a pair of silver gauntlets is not

I think? That's why that guy keeps showing off his tincanrianne.

You keep the base stats, but each class also has some small modifiers that you only keep if you're in the class.

The stats that show up after you promote are your unit's new default stats, the rest is the class modifiers

Enemies have real defensive stats, making your 0 might weapons useless

Bow knight spamming point blank volley

The only stat growths you keep if you change is if your character is under that class minimum in a stat, you get the level up stat bonus to meet those minimums.
In theory if you planned skill growths, you could slap a fair base boost to something like defense to a mage that got absolutely fucked over in that regard among other things.

at first I thought he'd be the generic rule enforcing no fun dickhead type but man seteth is so precious he must be protected

Attached: latest.png (1200x1200, 732K)

My Byleth has 54 atk at lv 33 with iron gauntlets. If the char's str is actually good they are far and away the best 1 range weapon option outside niche scenarios

>Detain

no seriously can someone answer this I don't get it

Felix still comes off like a dick about it though. Ingrid and Ashe just see value in martyrdom. It's like Seteth says in his support, he needs to respect their decision.

You can switch weapons after a char's turn by trading them around in their inventory with another char.

Attached: pyclxc.webm (1280x720, 2.46M)

Training gauntlets have only 1 weight. The only way to be faster is to be a weaponless sitting duck. Though he might be using some other kinds of gauntlets depending on the character's str

>Swift Strikes
>Major Cichol is 50% chance to negate enemy counter attacks when using a Combat Art
>starts in the best class in the game
>solid growths
he's better than you'd think

Wrong again.

Annette is Ashe's girl. From B support I knew they would be great

Attached: EA3GOVTU0AAcoZz.jpg (911x821, 89K)

Mercedes' paralogue on Maddening might be legitimately broken. Every enemy outside the beasts makes a beeline for those useless fucks on TURN 1. Going to need Retribution and Impregnable juggle play just to even have a chance

How do I say this besides saying...the game was rigged from the start?

Huh, you might be right Annette...

picked the game up yesterday
Should I not be recruiting on my first playthrough?
Playing on hard btw

Attached: claude_of_golden_deer_pop02.png (640x640, 248K)

I can't stop saying it. Seteth is the Gotoh archetype of this game.

But Ashe claimed Petra user.
>Gets his own knights
>King of a kingdom
>Gets to smash the best body that graces Fodlan

Recruit whoever you want

If you're GD, you're essentially fine on recruiting anyone. They all fit fine in GD.

It's BE where recruiting feels fucking weird.

Cichol is a bad meme crest. If you're using a combat art its 90% of the time so you kill the enemy in one round or hit so they dont counter attack. 50% is unreliable

You can do literally whatever you like on hard mode, it gets really easy. Just give characters a chance and recruit whoever you end up liking the most. You only really ever get at most 12 deployment slots and 3 adjutant support slots, so any more than 15 you want to use regularly is just whoever you don't want to see suffer.

Dorothea married Petra in my game though, I needed yuri in this fucking fujo route.

Lysithea on any route that isn't GD.

Recruit who you want. You might get some paralogues, and they add some utility even if you don't use them.

But what actually happens in their ending?

Dorothea became Petra's lesbian queen of Brigid

It's plenty reliable against bosses or enemies you just want to avoid getting countered by. Swift Strikes is a combat art that hits twice, that's two chances to negate an attack.

she was the best unit for me before the timeskip but after it gremory annette fucking shreds the shit out of everything with excalibur even better than her

50% is pretty good for needing it to kill Death Knight, too bad you only have 30% for it on his first appearance

hot

>Give Seteth both Chihol recovery spear and shield.
>dish out fuck tons of damage
>tank a bunch of hits
>recover 40+ hp at the start of your turn for free

You're crazy. Being able to shut down an enemy's counterattack is invaluable, especially if coupled with a debuff skill.

Best edgelord.

Attached: EFIEazGU8AANFdY.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

Ty frens, will recruit
Was mostly worried it would take away focus from the my main house cast

Attached: claude_of_golden_deer_pop04.png (640x640, 171K)

Bros...
Can you imagine?
Just imagine for a moment that you're female Byleth
Can you imagine being mating pressed and absolutely taken to POUND TOWN by Punished Dimitri
He already was taller than you pre-timeskip but now he literally TOWERS over you and is literally an unhinged FERAL BOAR
Can you just imagine being Byleth as she seeks him out in the cathedral late at night while he's off talking to himself, then SUDDENLY he's pouncing on you and fucking you into the wall SO HARD with his BOAR strength that the surface behind you is all cracking under the pressure?
He's fucking you under the watchful eyes of revered statues, and in a place in which your mother and father are buried
And when he finally finishes with your bruised and sore (but also satisfied) body he just finishes all over your face and chest
Walking away after he's done with not so much as a gentle word or even glance
Its so hot...
I want to be female Byleth so bad on Blue Lions route

Saying this as a totally straight man by the way

The main house's cast will always be in the limelight concerning the story, so don't worry. It's those you recruit that don't seem to see the light of day much.

this but with annette

>getting pounded by dimitri
>implying you can feel anything after dedue is done with you

Catherine should be number one no questions asked, she comes ready to kill and is a better felix in almost every way, she carries maddening runs like nobodie's business.

Ignatz is the best support unit in Maddening and it's not even close.
>rally speed
>chip damage + seal str, bosses revert back to Hard for a turn
>up to 5 bow range

Yes, though you lose Catherine on BE. As I said, I factored character availability into this. I might have added Hubert on to the top ten for example but being exclusive to a single route makes him way less useful overall, even if he is amazing that one route. Felix was my #1 since he beats out Catherine in availability, being recruitable on any route.