Is there any company out there that can fuck up as much as this one?

Is there any company out there that can fuck up as much as this one?

Attached: aa.jpg (932x1039, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I JUST WANT TO PLAY TIRBES ASCEND AGAIN

I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY OF THE UPDATES, EVERYONE JUST STOPPED PLAYING AND THE GAME DIED FUUUUUUUCK GOD DAMN IT I JUST ANT TO GO BACK

THERE'S LITERALLY NO OTHER GAME I CAN PLAY THAT'S SIMILAR, FUCK ME SIDEWAYS

Attached: 1554382893071.jpg (720x699, 157K)

their skins are not as cucked as blizzard's

in the last week

>Smite Caster left because of inside drama and harassment
>popular content creator left because Hi-Rez are a bunch of hypocrites
>popular streamer said nigger on stream
>Art Director deleted his account on plebbit because he can't take criticism for in progress artwork
>Ex-community manager fired without warning over some bullshit, fellow employee logs onto ex-community manager's old plebbit account to "clear up the situation"
>Leaks about Realm Royale being cancelled after next battlepass come out because their new F2P shooter "Rogue Company" requires more workers

you forgot a few

>employee threatens content creator, deletes their post, post is recovered
>proceeds to sit on his stream to determine whether or not to ban him, doesn't do so because he has no proof of streamer being a shithead
>community elected representatives threatening to use dev connects to ban user for killing him too much in game, chimps out on stream
>same representative makes himself and the company look like shit by bragging about a blue verification png next to his name
>hi-rez admits they don't care about feedback

blizzard imo

Wow, didn't expect to see a thread about my ex employer on here so quickly.

I was let go a while back from one of the studios over some internal conflict. I can't give out any personal information, and I don't really have any leaks to share. Just wanted to let you anons know that you shouldn't give any money to this company, or consider playing their games. Our motto was always to make fun games and polish them up later, and it works. Addicting gameplay, mediocre appearance. Perfect example would be Smite and Paladins. Realm Royale as well but the CEO fucked that entire game up. I'm pretty sure they're closing that studio down soon in charge of it and moving them over to that newer game they're coming out with.

There are a few gems in the workplace just like any other place of employment but the majority of my co-workers felt very entitled and arrogant overall. I remember one of the artists on my team got into a huge argument over something so petty - a potted plant on one of the maps. The lead of the art team insisted that it was removed. Why? Because it was pointless. Mind you, it was in the corner of the map, out of sight for the majority of the match. They went back and forth over a single potted plant for almost an entire hour. The best part? The lead of the team asked for it in the first place.I wish i was fucking kidding. I'm not.

Hi-Rez depress me because they make amazing games then just ruin them through sheer stupidity and incompetence.

Attached: 90calorieseachbuttheydothetrick.jpg (1200x1200, 212K)

Just fix the crashes

Attached: fb105cdb4001bd1673f6a688b9ea774aaa45c005_hq.jpg (787x938, 104K)

they do it on purpose. they make fun games, but milk players in the process.

>employee threatens content creator, deletes their post, post is recovered
>proceeds to sit on his stream to determine whether or not to ban him, doesn't do so because he has no proof of streamer being a shithead

lmao is this real

Paladins was the worse. That game legit was better than Overwatch in every way. Then they made it P2W, yes I know they reverted it, and went the SMITE route of having 9 billion characters that are awfully balanced and rushing out content so much everything breaks and bugs out. I even heard it has some stupid adventure thing like SMITE now, why?

>adventure thing
no, but there's a battlepass and its basically the same as fortnite now.

After Global Agenda and Tribes this company went on my shitlist, I haven't given them a second of my time since.

i heard that it is better now but still, they will never recover from those 2 horrible mistakes that were essence and ob64

What were those? I only started playing paladins this year.

OB64 introduced the P2W

They patched it out eventually to the system you have now.

>Global agenda

Attached: 1565039963332.jpg (1536x2048, 171K)

>popular streamer said nigger on stream

i didn't hear about this at all

Attached: 1509648282028.gif (190x200, 1.16M)

thats because he's "popular" in the paladins communityt, and by popular i mean only 50 people watch him, and they nigger in chat, so no one cares.

>Sure you guys can have a map editor
>Never delivers
And T:A died. That spin off game made by T2 vets was fucking terrible. Took all the bad parts of the T:A community and inflated it into one game.
Why the fuck can't they just fix it bros? It'd be so easy.>I'm pretty sure they're closing that studio down soon in charge of it and moving them over to that newer game they're coming out with.
Ah, the cycle continues.

>Dropping deadweight projects that are not generating revenue
>Fucking up

It's called good business sense, you cretins.

>Make product
>Product makes money
>Try to squeeze more money out of product in jewest ways possible
>Players leave / stop spending any money
>WHY ISNT THIS GAME SUCCESSFUL? BETTER FIND A NU PROJECT

They did create Pepper and Hilda tho.

Attached: 1509040098614.jpg (960x960, 84K)

welcome to being a fan of tribes. It's been the same story since Vengeance. Shame you werent old enough to enjoy Tribes and T2 (after it got fixed) in its heyday.

mentalhealth.gov/get-help/immediate-help

People often don’t get the mental health services they need because they don’t know where to start.

Talk to your primary care doctor or another health professional about mental health problems. Ask them to connect you with the right mental health services.

If you do not have a health professional who is able to assist you, use these resources to find help for yourself, your friends, your family, or your students.

starsiege tribes was my fucking jam back in the day

how do i make a good tribes clone?

>I NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY OF THE UPDATES, EVERYONE JUST STOPPED PLAYING AND THE GAME DIED FUUUUUUUCK GOD DAMN IT I JUST ANT TO GO BACK

>starsiege tribes was my fucking jam back in the day

Calling bullshit. Ascend was garbage.

You’re retarded, every update on tribes made the game worse till the point were it was a lag fest. Of course no one wanted to play through that.

>Product makes money
If it was making money, they wouldn't have tried to monetize it so aggressively. Look at Smite, it is their most successful game by far, and it has practically no predatory microtransactions.

Tribes was not making money, at any point of its lifespan. It's time to accept that fact, user.

>no predatory microtransactions
>BUY THIS OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT AGAIN
>SPEND MONEY ON OUR BATTLEPASS? OKAY BUT NOW YOU GOTTA PLAY ALLTHIS TIME TO GET THIS IF YOU WANT TO GET VALUE OUT OF MONEY YOU ALREADY SPENT

*blocks ur path*

Attached: uberent.jpg (499x293, 30K)

The game was always a shallow, gimped version of what made Tribes good. Awful, small maps and dumb design decisions like being able to spawn into a loadout just made things worse.

Anybody who was a fan of Tribes or Tribes 2 would know Ascend was garbage, and it was mainly played because there were literally no other options. Ascend is liked by people who've never played Tribes.. Which is like, most of the internet.

>dumb design decisions like being able to spawn into a loadout just made things worse.
yeah, because running to an inventory station every time after spawning just to get proper gear is so much better.

>Our motto was always to make fun games and polish them up later
This isn't a bad way to operate, honestly. I'd wager that pretty much anyone on Yea Forums can agree with that philosophy. The problem is that their motto became:
>make fun games and monetize them later
Resulting in perfectly good, fun, well-established projects getting abandoned if the monetization doesn't catch on quickly enough.

Offering limited time cosmetics is not predatory, you retard. Predatory would be something like locking something integral to the game behind lootboxes, like the actual gods themselves.

I actually liked global agenda and it died a painful death.

Yes, let's trivialize base defense. You don't have a generator, you don't have loadouts. It puts you at a huge disadvantage. It took complexity out of the game for the sake of babies not being able to grasp walking to an inventory station to gear up properly.

>>Leaks about Realm Royale being cancelled after next battlepass come out
Canceled as in the service will end or it will go into a maintenance mode hell like Tribes Ascend?

The worst thing
The absolute worst fucking thing about uber
Is that I actively enjoy the core ideas of their games but they proceed to fuck it up elsewhere.
I would have actually kickstarted Human Resources if they didn't fuck up PA

I know a few but Overkill was the worst case by far, no other company fucked up as bad as them.

Attached: Overkill Software.png (400x400, 36K)

Anyone who was a fan of T2 were part of the problem with T:A. It wasn't a slow burn game, those were. There's a clone game made for you now. Go play that.
>If it was making money, they wouldn't have tried to monetize it so aggressively
It's almost like they hadn't had a lot of experience with this until they decided to copy LoL. HMMMMM. Anyway most of the worst updates that brought P2W were delivered at the player peak so idk what to tell you.

I don't care about anything hirez is working on but smite. Been playing for 6 years. Have cacodemon ymir. Was account level 160 before they even raised the cap from 30. Gonna play it till it truly dies. I only wish they'd make a "smite 2" with 3d mechanics and better graphics but also 3d maps.

What have they done? Because I know that they're only alive because they continue to milk Payday and that's it.

>BUY THIS OR YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT AGAIN
That's not even that bad, especially if we're talking about cosmetics.
>SPEND MONEY ON OUR BATTLEPASS? OKAY BUT NOW YOU GOTTA PLAY ALLTHIS TIME TO GET THIS IF YOU WANT TO GET VALUE OUT OF MONEY YOU ALREADY SPENT
God forbid you have to to play a video game you enjoy

Now compare those two to the shit they pulled in Tribes Ascend:
>Release a new weapon, it's a broken OP piece of shit
>It costs $20 OR you can unlock it by grinding for a straight 2 weeks
>2 weeks later, patch it because "playtest data has shown that it's a little too strong"
>Release a new busted weapon and repeat

Not defending Hi-Rez, but I'd take the timed-exclusive cosmetics any day. Tribes might still be around today if people were paying $20 for armor instead of free wins until the next patch.

maintenance mode.

how are you defining fuck up?
cause if they have to get something right first, they're probably up there

but if they don't need to get anything right in the first place, the trophy goes to splash damage

This. If you care that much over not having limited skins you're just a stupid, probably Mexican, faggot. I've been playing for 6 years and never bought a t5 skin except the nox one because it came with some others I liked. I have 8 stars on ares and didn't even buy his even though it looked cool.

imagine defending pay to grind to unlock mechanics.

>>community elected representatives threatening to use dev connects to ban user for killing him too much in game, chimps out on stream
VOD?

>make PDTH
>its decent
>fuck it up and kike to the max with PD2
>remove everything fun about the game
>RAID flops so hard you probably forgot it existed
>also make a Walking Dead game that flops so hard they go bankrupt
>same time a bunch of their staff are jailed for fraud or some shit with money and the company

>Anyway most of the worst updates that brought P2W were delivered at the player peak so idk what to tell you

I know what to tell you though. It means that even at its peak popularity, the game was operating at a loss.

literally just sell the games for 20-30 bucks instead of making everything F2P

there's a vod where some guy keeps killing him over and over, but he doesn't say anything about it on stream. chat logs were leaked recently.

Attached: aaaaaaa.jpg (750x1334, 126K)

I'd say imagine crying about playing a game for cosmetics but you are. Just pay the extra dough since you're fucking paying for the cosmetic garbage anyway you absolute retard, holy fuck.

Of you pay the 30 dollars for the god pack you have the exact same access to gameplay as someone who has played since day 1 of smites release.

Just don't buy it lol
Put your credit card in a safe or something if your impulse control is so poor that you spend money on games that you don't plan on playing

this one

Attached: Daybreak_Game_Company_logo.jpg (195x153, 11K)

I don't mind paladins :x

>there are people on Yea Forums that unironically play Hi-Rez games and give them money

Does that offer still include all future gods too? I remember getting the god pack at release and it has paid itself back multiple times over by now (compared to if I bought each god separately).

It's extra retarded to cry about because it doesn't take long at all. I've filled every battle pass out so far without buying them.

Yes

Yes. They were going to discontinue it years ago but didn't and in my opinion it's the absolute best value I've ever seen in a moba AND goes on sale multiple times a year for like fuckin 12 or 15 dollars. I've bought it for 3 of my friends.

Nice. That's actually pretty insane value.

Came here to post this.

>Our motto was always to make fun games and polish them up later
i don't agree with this approach. it seems terrible for marketing and a bad work ethic. rushing out half-baked work is just lazy, and if people don't like it because it sucks, then it will be that much harder to get them back if it ever becomes good

I suppose you're right with regards to releasing half-finished games. But if we're talking about priorities during development, I'd much rather play a game that started with a fun prototype and then had polish added, than a game that started with slick visuals and then had gameplay added on later.

Make the game fun before you make it polished, but do both before it's released.

I played paladins and spent money on it
I do not regret it
I had too many hours of fun

even polish can greatly increase enjoyment. a buggy experience or bad animations can ruin potential fun.

I had a big fucking issue with the speed nerf update that ruined pathfinding

fatshark

Dunno how hi-rez keeps doing it
Realm royale was going to be big with how fun and fast movement is completely fucked it up after just a few weeks

>Make a super popular game
>Somehow fuck up so bad you're now a support studio

Attached: Splash_Damage.svg.png (1200x1200, 107K)

Same here really, the new set of gods have been fun to play, though the game itself is showning signs of aging like in siege. A sequel with all the gods with better mechanics and graphics would sell well.

Bethesda, Bioware, Gearbox, i could go on...

There's gotta be enough of us with exactly this feeling to make a new Tribes profitable, right? I mean, as long as it plays right it wouldn't even need to be high-budget.

god I wasnt into FPS at all when brink came out and was kinda surprised how many people were hyped and then let down for brink. Years later I realized they made wolvenstein enemy territory and looked at some of the brink preview stuff. Jesus what a disgrace

The developers at Hi-Rez are top notch, if you minus the pedophiles.

The management of Hi-Rez is the problem. Hi-Rez Management is the ultimate pump-and-dump scheme. Jump on a flavor of the month with what's actually a pretty competent game, and then pull support for it the moment that it falls out of style. Rinse repeat.

Poor Paladins, you could have been a great alternative to OW if it weren't for the slash-and-burn technique you took to lootboxes and updates. Killed the multiplayer within a year, and it had nothing to do with balance and everything to do with how badly they jewed the community out of high-end skins.

Attached: paladins.jpg (1050x1400, 833K)

>RIP Global Agenda
> Bought some stuff for Realm Royale. Hope its not true but likely it is. I will be sad to see it go, despite the fact it just doesn't have any fan base.
>Never played smite didn't even know it was part of this trash company
>Play Paladins one match per day, as I can't stomach it much. But have bought some skins and shit and want to get my money back before I uninstall.

FUCK

Attached: ElfREEEEE.jpg (618x875, 59K)

>be hirez
>decide to knock off overwatch and make the next big fps e sport to take down CS
>fail to even make competent hitboxes

Attached: paladins hitboxes.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

>decide to knock off overwatch
and still make a better game than blizzard