Kojima finally explains what he means by "HIDEO KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS"

Kojima finally explains what he means by "HIDEO KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS".

Man, I didn't realize he made everything himself. This man is a genius.

Attached: A Hideo Kojima Tweet By Hideo Kojima, Text Written By Hideo Kojima, Mouse Click On 'Tweet' (580x227, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamereactor.dk/artikler/768403/Vi taler med Hideo Kojima om Death Stranding/
gamereactor.eu/talking-death-stranding-with-hideo-kojima/?sid=14e2066b929423b92c05f1d658b93793
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He took over all of Fukushima's duties. This is why the games have tanked since Tomozaku left.

Oooooo fukushimishiiii
OOOOOOooooo tumastu yogurt yuki buki tanuki
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO all japs should be hanged

Fucking hell user

Attached: 3496534.jpg (556x610, 197K)

>Konami was the villain
Sure.

I mean...if he's the originator of the idea, and the director and overseer of the whole process...what's different from him calling it a "kojima game" and a director saying "a tarantino movie"?

>Yea Forums still seething because Kojimbo takes time out of his 16 hour work day to watch a movie

The games haven't tanked, they just turned into garbage because Kojima can't write on his own.

A movie director creates art.

Him claiming open world games have never been done before at tgs had me cringing hard.

He created stealth games, too.

Will this be the game that finally puts Kojima's reputation in the dirt? Most of us know he's an autistic skitzo but the normies will finally see for themselves.

>retards on twitter don't understand this tweet
he's just saying he's supervising and involving himself in every aspect of the game and all these goblins are screeching about him not crediting his team
wonder if they sit through the credits of every game they play and remember every employee's name

Attached: 1549247374959.jpg (632x632, 69K)

He got grabbed by the balls by one of the journos when he was asked if he knows about indirect online multiplayer in souls games and started shitting spaghetti all over the place claming he never played them

source

>movies
>art
lol

No, because it will have everything Kojima fans like:
>Tons of useless exposition.
>A few interesting talking points buried in a shit heap of bad ones
>Good visual panache.
>A bunch of retarded chaff and piss poor storytelling with characters you can no longer tell are ironic anymore, like Die Hardman

They don't want to understand. They only want to hate.

tarantino's has feet

A games journo doing their job? I don't believe you.

gamereactor.dk/artikler/768403/Vi taler med Hideo Kojima om Death Stranding/
Q:

You have stated several times that Death Stranding belongs to a new genre called "Social Strand System". During the show, you went into a little more detail, but how does it differ, for example, from a game like Dark Souls, where you leave messages to other players who can then jump into your dimension and help.

A: Kojima

"It might be a bit misunderstood then. I don't actually play that many other games. I'm simply too busy. But I don't want to create any new genre. Everyone says it's an" open world ", it's a" stealth game " ", and what's so different? There I allow myself to answer," no, that's not the case. "I don't think you need to define a genre that way. That's exactly why I allowed myself to create this temporary genre by the name "social strand" because it's more fair to the game than just answering the two questions above. "

Attached: 1568498035940.jpg (1440x1781, 1.16M)

he didnt say audio

>I don't actually play that many other games. I'm simply too busy

TOO BUSY WATCHING MOVIES

HAHAHAHAHA

Kojima DOES make the game though. He does the
>programming
>animating
>art

Attached: 4565.jpg (336x219, 19K)

[Intelligence] So he's the boss of Kojima Productions

>Steve Jackson's Sorcery!
pretty fuckin based

Yes. He is an auteur. Everyone knows.

what the fuck

The person asking the questions even replied with
>Okay...?
afterwards.
Thanks for delivering the source user.

Attached: 12E100BE-3D6A-4BEE-90C1-8572ED020254.jpg (1024x1488, 1.09M)

Why is Hidetaka so loveable?

>counting original story, script and setting as different aspects
>including directing even though everything a game director does falls under directing

fucking lmao

How fluent is Miyazaki in English? I know he reads a lot of English books as a child, but how that work now?

Uematsu studied and majored in English in University. But he can't speak a lick of English.

No surprise here

Attached: 1538092072185.png (807x376, 48K)

the actual english interview page flows better
gamereactor.eu/talking-death-stranding-with-hideo-kojima/?sid=14e2066b929423b92c05f1d658b93793

GR: You have stated on several occasions that Death Stranding is a new genre called "social strand system". During the Sony event you went into some detail, but how does it differ from games like Dark Souls where you leave clues for other players and can jump into their dimension and help? Here you also start in a world where everything is unknown. You work in juxtaposition with other players even though it's your adventure.

Kojima: I actually don't play so many other games; I am too busy. I don't want to create a new genre. I want to create something different for a game. Everyone says it's an open world, it's a stealth game, what's different? I say no. That's not it. You don't have to define a genre. A lot of people just keeps asking me "is it a mission" or? That's why I just set a temporary name as social strand.

This guy could not be any more up his own ass. What a pretentious faggot.

>Read the entire thing
>It boils down towards the only reason why Kojima makes video games and not movies is because he loves the sheer ability to move around and interact with things as the avatar, otherwise he would 100% be in film and not in game development.
Given how MGS2 onward was just playable tech demo movies anyway, it says a lot about the man.

Sadly not. Sony wants it to be a big success so will pay off a lot of journalists and shills. Said journalists are all about story and "games are art". Then we have Kojimafags that think the man is a genius singing its praises. This game will have that feeling of being an event, something you have to be a part of now and normalfags will see the coverage and hype and want to join in.

The game will be a success and every pleb and sell out will proclaim it as one of the best games of the generation.

Still an absolute gibberish
>GR: Okay.
Fucking lost it

Attached: 1548870698854.png (663x402, 117K)

HIDEO KOJIMA EXPERIENCE
Any other strandslike games?

even though I think it's pretentious, it's not really that hard of an answer to understand
basically boils down to: "I don't want to compare it to other games or genres"

Play the best one ever made: Bloodborne.

So is it a social stranding game or not? I have no fucking clue what's going on.

Attached: 1561647722586.jpg (720x517, 105K)

Anyone still feeling the Phantom Pain?

it's been 4 years bros... im listening to Garbage as I type this.

>Kojima doesn't do any wor-

Attached: rJq43Qi.jpg (750x563, 140K)

>Make Dark Souls, but take out all the juicy gameplay for walking sim elements and realism shit like pissing and add Hollywood b-list actors.
>"I've made a new genre! Social strand genre."
>A journalist: looks a lot like Dark Souls online shit.
>"I don't actually play games. The social strand genre is actually a temporary name! Interview over!"
>A journalist: okay.
Did nobody on his team say anything? I get it that he can't be expected to play videogames all the time, but didn't someone on his MASSIVE design team say anything to anyone?

>"Mr.Kojima the screen is off sir."

>Office full of toys and merch
Christ

That’s what directors do nerd

They all don't play video games. Just watch movies.

>dear mads-san. I rearry rearry enjoy dinner rast night. hope to see you again soon. rov, kojima.

wtf. it's nothing like dark souls. dark souls is roll simulator.

Unironically the Yea Forumseredict will take at least one year.

Attached: Kojima.png (1899x789, 147K)

>Email sent to translator to english
>Marked as spam

It's a roll and attack simulator.
Death Stranding is a walking simulator.

nobody on his team plays games, they only listen to music

I like Kojima, but not nearly as much as he likes himself.

>P-P-PLEASE FAIL (GAME) PLEASE I NEEEEEEED ANOTHER TORTANIC PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE Yea Forums WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME DON'T YOU REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES WE HAD SHITTING ON (GAME) WHY WON'T YOU DO IT NOW PLEEEEASE I NEEEEEEED THIS SO BAAAAAAD

what are you doing

>defending kojima
look at this fucking retard.

who are you quoting?

cringe
but true

>dealing
Dealing what?

Attached: 1482961453451.png (177x200, 27K)

Yikes, holy shit.

how did this guy make mgs2 and mgs3
what happened since then that made him the way he is now

Attached: Hideo.jpg (1534x862, 334K)

We all know it won't fail thanks to the Sony pr machine behind it. Nothing stops anyone from laughing at the pretentious asshat

Miyazaki is just the type of guy the video game industry as a whole needs more of. A guy that had nothing going for him, and I'll take a guess he was depressed at some point in his life, but eventually he made it by just liking the stuff he likes. He's the type of guy that stays the fuck out of the spotlight and just quietly works and gets shit done, and in an age where every gamedev has cunty twitter rants that is a breath of fresh air to just have a guy that works and doesn't need to jerk off in social media about his success.

Attached: 2shark.png (554x464, 29K)

I'm gonna enjoy Death Stranding and you can't stop me.

Attached: ben.jpg (210x210, 11K)

Holy based

Attached: 3395733fa9db57dc3de083a0aa0ed27f.jpg (600x528, 52K)

>i will eat this poop and you can't stop me
all yours friend

OK, have fun user.

Attached: 21372-2493-11563.png (336x447, 267K)

Sony

That's what makes this guy interesting. He wants to take the next evolutionary leap. What would a society be like where playing and working are indistinguishable?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-22 13-53-36.png (985x537, 418K)

Nobody thinks this game will fail, even the people shitting on it

>What would a society be like where playing and working are indistinguishable?
Germany.

thank you anons

Attached: cutefox.jpg (172x180, 8K)

Castle Wolfenstein came out 6 years before Metal Gear did

Is this true? Did they reach that concept?

>Kojima was contracted by Amazon to get kids excited about delivering packages
fucking bezos, he's subverting the next generation of workers already...

keep seething

A lot of Directors don’t even write the story for a movie, plus a movie would be nothing without the actors or actor would be nothing without the director.

>Copy-paste an interviewnwhere Kojimbo confesses to ripping off Miyazaki.
>Turns out it's true.
>"S-seethe!"
We know who's really seething.

I'M GONNA DO IT ANONS.
I'M GONNA FUCKING DO IT

Attached: Capture.png (515x100, 7K)

They are getting increasingly efficient at it.

Attached: farmsim.png (616x125, 20K)

Miyazaki has eastern philosophy
Kojima has embraced the western lifestyle

>Kojima's just an ideas gu-

Attached: dims.jpg (530x350, 56K)

What does it say bro?

that's why the new ladder we bought yesterday had Hideo Kojima Productions decals all over it

Uh, Kojima had a similar upbringing.

Attached: IMG_20190922_180419.jpg (1080x1689, 342K)

DS is strange, why can't you make fun games like AC7?

The fact that he can barely speak English should also count towards his Twitter an interviews lack of reliability

He's exactly the same

>wants to demonstrate that he is more than a video game developer because the media's perception of the medium.
But he himself stated to the media that he doesn't even view his games as art.

Why there is not any MGS toy?

Lupin III before that even

There is

Attached: KojimaGames.jpg (800x600, 102K)

This guy has got to be the most pretentious asshat in the entire industry, holy fucking shit.

That's the most American looking office I've seen in a long time
Gross, especially from a foreigner

?
I think he means in the picture he's quoting, brainiac.

Yeah! Working in my construction mech is so fun. It makes building easy. Let me dig up this-- Oh, shit! I hit a gas line!

They took inspiration from Media Molecule, a UK game company.

With an ego like that, I doubt anyone has the balls to question him. Kojima seems like he’d be hellish to work for.

Was there ANYONE that actually made something new and never seen before in this god forsaken industry in the last 10 years other than miyazaki? The invasion system was revolutionary and something we've never had in any game. The way he seemlessly integrated multiplayer into single player as well had never been done before.

What else was actually brand new? The battle royale games I guess? Minecraft?

>produce
>dealing
What the fuck are you even talking about you nip sperg

Undertale is a good example of something simple being new and refreshing. Mixing SHMUP and turn based combat was an incredibly novel idea, and the level at which your choices affect the game are more prominent than games that advertised choice like ME3.
Totally new? Maybe not, but unique enough to warrant merit.

Kojima's latest interviews these past years has really shown his true colors.

Splatoon comes to mind.
ARMS and Pokkem too. The entirety of the WiiU and the “asymmetrical gameplay” deal they try to go for. Hell, Nintendo innovates a fuckton, they’re just not pretentious about it.

Also, indie games do it all the time too. Take Lethal League for example.

God dude you fucking nerds won’t stop riding kojima dick get a life and grow up

>Funko Pop

Attached: F8249096-616D-40EF-B32C-ECA417ED3FC5.gif (500x422, 651K)

You're going to laugh, but Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight shit.

>invasion system was revolutionary and something we've never had in any game
Nah, that definitely existed before. You could sort of "invade" in L4D and other games before had similar gimmicks

Tarantula pretty much do all by himself too. Thats the diference between a random director and an auteur. Kojimbo and Tarantula could be hack directors, but they are auteurs too.

Those are all derivative. Splatoon is way too close to any generic FPS. Pokken is just a twist in Ninja Storm arena fighting

>Mixing SHMUP and turn based combat was an incredibly novel idea
It basically added a mini-game element to turn based attacks. Pretty sure FF6 did that way before. Not with SHMUP minigames but still, it had real time inputs alongside turn based attacks

Be real with me... how much dick mucus do you inhale

>Splatoon is way too close to any generic FPS
It really isn't. However de blob exists, so Splatoon isn't exactly super unique. It added de blob mechanics to TPS genre, the one unique aspect is the squid.

The UK is incredibly consumerist too, so this doesn't surprise me.
That said - was Media Molecule's office filled with their own merchandise, like LBP figurines, or was it just a hodgepodge of pop-culture icons like Kojima's?

That's pretty much left 4 dead vs mode though

Splatoon isn't an FPS. It's also not generic, and plays closer to an arena shooter than a typical console shooter.

Zero. I fuck women. Why is dick mucus in your mind?
And it's not anything new.

They’re not though.

What the fuck is Lethal League derivative of?

Brooooo don’t @ me with all that cum in your mouth

>And it's not anything new.
Your claim was it's too close to a generic FPS, I'm telling you it isn't. Don't move goalposts pls

They're generic.

It's actually a mistranslation, he meant to say 'involved in' not 'me doing'

They’re significantly less derivative than Death Stranding, that’s for sure. And they didn’t go around saying they invented a new genre, despite Nintendo LITERALLY inventing several genres.

Is he losing it after realising how hard his new game will bomb?

It is too close.
Imagine thinking I was arguing FOR hackjimbo by pointing out how generic a game is.

The game isn't even out yet user, calm down. Imagine judging MGS by its trailers

This game is going to sell it least 5m copies

>"I didrent sray anyring about working rate."

I can't even get mad at this dude. He is just a Idea guy with a fat head. Who I am mad at is Sony for giving this dude a blank check when that money could have went towards reviving the franchises that made the Playstation and Playstation 2 what it was

Attached: WOW.png (1069x1348, 1.07M)

why the fuck didnt he just make zone of the enders 3?

zone of ender sucks mate

Except he provably does none of those things and every single time he's co-credited for doing something, it's 99% the other person/people doing the work. The only game he actually wrote is Peace Walker, and it's by far the worst in the entire MGS series.

All of these things were evident in MGS5, where the team who made and designed the weapon modification system surprised Kojima by showing to him. Dude's a QA, nothing more. Let's not even pretend anymore.

FF6's most complex combat minigame was Sabin's Blitz shit and maybe Setzer's gambling.
Like I said, it's not totally new, but combined with the pacifist/genocide mechanics it's unique enough to be of note.
Plus, the SHMUP minigames were actually fun, as opposed to something like YIIK which was just a frankensteins monster of bad ideas.

theyre both hacks

Based Kojimbo being the only one of his kind

>He doesn't even do the music
Yikes, what a hack

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

>The only game he actually wrote is Peace Walker, and it's by far the worst in the entire MGS series.

that bs and you know it

Hate to break it to you, but "tremendously poor" doesn´t constitute a whole darn lot given that he was a child and teen during Japans historically most affluent era, and he did graduate from an elite university, which meant he had someone bankrolling him through his youth at some point. Kojima was the same, but was a latchkey kid with no daddy growing up and most of his family shames him for not becoming a salary-worker

As to Kojima´s hubris, yes its getting unbearable. But his legacy so far includes more or less inventing a game genre and pushing its boundries again and again, and his ideas are tremendously influential in game-design in general, so cut him some slack. Miyazaki succeeded in designing a good formular that he is still milking to this day.
He´ll be like Kojima sooner or later

lol

>want comfy death stranding threads
>contrarian-Yea Forums wants a new TORtanic

Attached: spepe.jpg (1593x1080, 550K)

That's Twitter in a nutshell, and it's only gotten worse since all the Tumblr users migrated there.

>towards reviving the franchises that made the Playstation and Playstation 2 what it was
Like Metal Gear Solid?

Nope, only game he was the lead writer on. Look it up. He's a glory hog.

And this is why all the games where he does all the writing are so shit.

Refn’s character concept is cool and even kojima’s pretentious ass won’t change my mind about that. The fucker should stop doing teasers for so long before showing gameplay. You’re still making a game you fucking hack, show us how it looks instead of trying to create hype with cutscenes for months before showing it

calling it the worst metal gear is the exaggeration.
was hoping that what mgsv would be but on a bigger scale.

>franchises

one is not going to do it mate and the latest few games in that franchise is god awful.

actors are replaceable and their work involves 0 creativity, you could be using robots

Man, Kojima is worse than David Cage at this point and that's sad as fuck.

Or you could learn how to animate, so you don't spend more money hiring an extra nobody to mocap for you.

Does anyone actually think Death Stranding looks fun or you just have a blind faith that Kojima will deliver because reasons?

He's literally just came to the same conclusion as any given Yea Forums poster. Video games have a lot to offer but most developers are cultureless retards that make shit, so there's more to gain from people with a real creative vocabulary.

Its literally blind faith, don't let anybody tell you otherwise, especially when it looks just like the other souless movie games being pushed today.

I'd play it for the story alone but the prospect of travelling across an entire continent, visiting different dimensions and facing supernatural enemies looks fun, yes

The premise seems fun and the terrain traversal mechanics looked genuinely interesting.
I'm hoping that the chiral network multiplayer components turn out ok, too, but even without that I'm excited for it.

This meme has become pretty fucking annoying in the metal gear community.Stop with this retarded meme.

The Metal Gear community is long dead, let them peddle whatever conspiracy theory they like.

>play peace walker
>Konami logo is red
>Kojima prod. logo is yellow
Are you sure about this?

>I don't actually play that many other games.

IMAGINE PREORDERING A "GAME" CREATED BY A GUY WHO WATCHES MOVIES ALL DAY AND DOESN'T EVEN PLAY OTHER GAMES

Attached: 1507142587978.jpg (382x400, 25K)

The last 6 times I did it turned out pretty well.

His last good game happened over a decade ago

he's basically just describing what a competent producer would do, what a drama queen

>original story, script, setting
Aren't those the same job though?

Not a single useful skill unique to game design in everything he said.

>Kojimbo takes time out of his 16 hour work day to watch a movie
And travel around the world all the time and meet famous people and spend hours on social media.

So Dark Souls also invented the Strand Genre? Fucking based Miyazaki

>I don't actually play that many other games.
This is the face of video games in 2019.

>Konami was in the wrong

Most of his travels are to game studios around the world for research. But hey don't let that get in the way of your epic memeing.

He's literally a child pretending to be a CEO.

What is "networking"?

well it hard to top metal gear solid 2 desu

Why don't you visit Kojipro and show him how to it's done user?

This is like that episode of Malcolm in the Middle where he rents a guitar to prove he is musical and spends like 2 weeks writing a song and ends up rewriting the Meow Mix Jingle on accident

He's so full of his own shit.

fuck bros time to resta- oh wait its real life. fuuck kojima and his brainwashing
when will we realize that Huxley was right all along?

This guy has never even heard of the word "humble". Fuck him and everything he is associated with, not giving him my money.

Attached: 1485877653948.jpg (502x432, 39K)

This. Kojima is exactly the same, but with more money. Hideo on the other hand hasn't been the same since the incident.

He doesn't care about your money. He just wants to make his art. Fuck off.

He literally doesn't see his games as art.

>Should we tell him his computer's off?
>Don't. It'll make him cry again.

What's the premise? Delivering packages?

Death Stranding is what you get when Kojima's doesn't have people who say "No, Kojima, that's a horrible idea. Change it!" like at Konami.