How solid are Xbone controllers? Thinking of picking one up, mainly for side-scrollers and shooters

How solid are Xbone controllers? Thinking of picking one up, mainly for side-scrollers and shooters.

Attached: XboxOneController.png (1380x902, 336K)

FUCK YOU

bumping. i'm tired of leaning so close to the screen. wanna lay back and chill for once

Honestly, after many many years with K+m I bought one. I had a PS before and I thought xbone's would not be as good.

It's really pretty decent, user. I am at a PC 10+ hours a day: laying on the couch is sometimes a godsend

Great and comfortable controller. Probably the best d-pad around.

I agree with this. I had an xbox at launch. Ended up trading it for a ps4, but the xbone controller is so much better. I like the new triggers and the dpad.

great
msoft made the drivers plug and play with everything and most games recognize it immediately, and if you have bluetooth the newer controllers can use it instead of having to buy a wireless adapter

i have one and i have no complaints. it does the job.

I bought one to replace an ailing 360 pad. The d-pad is much better, and everything else is as comfy and solid as you'd expect from the previous gen iteration. It just werks.

get a steam controller instead

>he bought a Steam controller

Attached: 81094325.gif (500x281, 452K)

The shape of the controller is nice but the build quality is awful. If you hold a ds4 and a xbone in each hand you can feel the difference in quality. Triggers and buttons are OK. The joysticks make click noises like they haven't been lubed or something and the dpad feels really cheap. Not sure why these other anons are praising the dpad. I have two xbone controllers and I feel like the dpad is going to break on them any second and I don't even use them that much.

>he didn't buy a steam controller

Attached: 1480500037453.png (400x275, 30K)

I bought one, I actually really liked it. It's a shame they didn't just make a normal controller. It has one of the best analog sticks I've ever used, same with the shoulder buttons. They are god like. It's a shame it got held back by all the touchpad shit, which also works flawlessly. It's only draw back is it just isn't practical and won't put you on par or above anyone competitively.

wired 360pad is better.

it was made by the late 90s early 2000s Microsoft devices division which is way better than the lowbudget save some cents on plastic designers they have now.

Microsoft devices from this era feel like nintendium strong.

touchpad is pretty neat actually, you just gotta setup the deadzones for each game for it to work properly. you can also set up one of the paddles for alternate mode and switch between a normal analog stick and mouse as needed for action games for example.

I also tried UT99 on it and it's playable, trackball for normal aiming and simple mouse for accurate aiming.

for 30$ it was a fucking steal, works with nigh on everything too

why the fuck would you choose a controller with an xbox layout to play a side scroller while a playstation layout would give you a comfy dpad and button location

also

>shooter
>controller

Because the DS4 is shit.

my 360's bumper buttons don't work properly after not being used for half a year. only played like 5 games on it before that too. triggers are all squeaky and shit too straight out of the box, definitely not impressed.

and ya debates about dpads are irrelevant its still the best controller find some online mod kit for the dpad if you really care. I only play 3d games or 2d games made since analogue sticks so it doesn't bother me.

Just get a dualshock 4 my good man

Tried it, it's fucking horrible and flimsy, the trackpad can go fuck itself and I just didn't like it at all.

Like I said, it all works flawlessly. It's customization, button mapping, etc. There is no equal. It is quite literally, the very best in that regard. Again, it just isn't practical. It offers no competitive edge, and that would be fine, it were equal, but it's simply not.

I found myself actively trying to find reasons to use the touchpad, but for what purpose? Sure, I could get used to it, but is it better than a mouse? Eh, I don't know. Probably not, not really.
It's a great controller, it's just not practical, and people decided they hated it without ever trying it, so a bad reputation puts on the low end in peoples minds. Which is actually a bit of a shame, but meh. Whatever.

>playstation layout

what's stopping you from getting a logitech controller, a ps3 controller, or even a 8bitdo controller like pic related. I'm sure you could find plenty more third party controllers with this layout.

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (810x456, 42K)

you probably brought a fake mines had like 15years of use. let me guess the xbox button looks like a bit of paper under a plastic disk. that's not a ligit one mate

it was only sold as Wired Controller for Windows
it didn't even have xbox on the clamb pack it came in and it was a red box if you got some other box its a fake.

AMD used this controller to demo games at their event in black and Microsoft was even there they might have brought it themselves. even Microsoft know this is the most reliable controller

if you brought it off ebay the chance you got a fake is about 100% it was a short run from like 2007-2009 or some thing the controller at the AMD event even seemed old so they must be hard to find.

The DS4 and DS3 soured me on all PS layouts.

and this event was like 6months ago so ya.

Microsoft haven't made a xboxone wired. so this is their most reliable option. windows detects them as the exact same. xboxone doesn't obviously but the dev kits doo.

Obviously not better than a mouse, but if you wanna lean back and play an FPS with a controller IMO it works much better than the alternatives. It's fine for other genres too, not being able to claw might hurt in action games but you can set the sprint to ones of the paddles. it just werks

that being said I don't think I would recommend it over a standard controller, most people don't have the patience for this shit, although it took me 2 hours to get used to it.
No I bought a 360, it's the one that came with it. to be fair it is an E so maybe those just had shittier build quality

>Microsoft haven't made a xboxone wired
That might be true, but you can use it as a wired controller. I certainly don't have any Bluetooth adapters on my PC.

DS3 is still the most feature rich controller.
but build quality and layout is shit

I have massive comfy vibes from PS layout from PS1 days but it really has to change. we had almost 2 decades of better layouts now on console and 1decade on handhelds.

it doesn't matter that PS4 is best selling console its layout is still terrible 1993 design when video games was not even 3d..

I like the layout on my ps3 controller, I'll agree it feels flimsy as shit though, I'm even scared to use it nowadays just in case I need it for whatever game that uses the pressure sensitive buttons

no 360 came with a wired controller.

and depending on when you brought your 360 your controller could be worse.

I don't think you understand the wired controller for windows run of hardwired controllers was the best early mould build of the 360 pad and assembled super well as they was included in dev units.

you don't know what I'm talking about and using a charging kit or some thing dumb.

If you don't mind a wire, I just found out that my Switch Pro controller is compatible with Steam

who said it's a wired controller?

ya I'm looking into 3rd party PS3 controllers atm as I'm hoping to find one with all the DS4 features but of a higher build quality.

that would be a good endgame controller if its USB output was simple enough to work with most things with no driver. right now I'm thinking hori

I'm actually thinking of buying a second ps3 controller but finding non-fake ones is hard as fuck

you are a moron. just because they look the same doesn't mean they came from same production line mate.

my 3 early 360 wireless pads and way worse quality than the wired one.

that's because every console came with one so they was churning them out in low quality factories

while the wired one was assembled well and from better moulds (it has a dif back and stronger plastic and weighs MORE)

this is because it was the dev unit included controller and was later sold in a windows branded box only for a short time to encourage development.

its a dev unit device hence its higher quality and made to last longer than the cheap normie shit. even thou from top they look exactly the same.

is this as good as the wii u pro controller? might buy one for emulators and shit

Do you mean build wise? I dropped mine and busted the LB button, so presumably they aren't all that durable. Otherwise it's the best controller on the market. I grew up with Playstation, didn't particularly love the 360 pad but used it, but the competition isn't even close on the Xbone. My only issue is that it's wireless only, so I personally bought a wired knock-off which is nearly as good.

the only good Nintendo controller is Wii classic controller Pro.

the only good Microsoft controller is Wired 360 Controller for Windows

the only good PlayStation controller is PS1.

if you seek out and buy any thing els for PC use you are a silly goose.

stop

spacing

so

much

No,

fuck

you

faggot.

doubtful

controller

is

shit

xboxone controller and all generations of it are terrible.

the only thing good about them is they have been confirmed to all work on Scarlet. that makes them good via it going to cost 50$ for 4controllers for fifa next gen on xbox while on PS5 it will cost 250$+ just for 4pads.

>the only thing good about them is they have been confirmed to all work on Scarlet
Fuck, really? I hope that doesn't mean Microsoft isn't adding any features to a potential new gamepad. I want to see gyro and backpaddles become standard across all platforms already.

well the Wii classic Pro and PS1 are bad because they need adaptors ill give you that but on pure quality merit these are the 3winners. people who buy DS4 or switch controllers to use on PC are just throwing money away they will be unusable in 2years not even fans will make drivers for them and you will have to manually bind every thing.

silly choice

idknow ive heard it said and that xbox man did say after the Xbox new elite was announced at E3 it would work.

I'm not sure if people assumed and just that 1 controller will work or all.

they in a shit place in the market controllers are a massive money earner if they do allow it they are throwing away literally 300million dollars but he did say some thing like that to that sad as fuck gametrailers ex guy on some youtube stage.

Depends on if you prefer using dpad or analog stick primarily
Get a ds4 if you mostly use dpad, get an Xbox controller if you use analog
Gc controllers also have a nice analog stick but the dpad on them are unusable trash and aren’t really useful for anything outside of emulating older games

I personally still dont like the d-pad, and I bought the l33t $100+ controller. Dpad aside, its still great for everything else. I love to use it for racing games.

For side scrollers, I still use my DS4

Xbone controllers are great, solidly built and no need to mess with drivers. Don't bother with the DS4, it's not worth it.

>xboxone controller and all generations of it are terrible
>the bumpers on 2 of my wired 360 controllers broke within 2 years of owning them
>the wire on my replacement 360 controller fucked up within 1 year of owning it
>on my 3rd year of owning an xbone controller and have had zero issues, as well as it feeling higher quality and much better to use

don't listen to dumb user OP. hes dumb

Adult hands WILL get cramped

Hell yeah I did.

Attached: 1567845579571.jpg (500x604, 37K)

If you get the standard wireless/wired controller, it's pretty decent. Haven't used it nearly as much as my old 360 controllers, but it doesn't seem to disintegrate or develop issues with drift the way MS's junk 360 controllers did.

Now, If you're dumb enough to buy one of the "premium" elite controllers - I've heard nothing but bad things about it's build quality. Stick drifting, the rubber backing coming lose and peeling off, unresponsive buttons, paddles that snap off, broken triggers... etc. So much for getting what you pay for.

Attached: 5655932_sd.jpg (1000x661, 167K)