The Last of Us Part 2 has a dedicated jump button

>The Last of Us Part 2 has a dedicated jump button
It will actually be a good video game now

Attached: ass2.jpg (770x1006, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zPBxy1VDXZk
youtu.be/GKQl9ZZ27a8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How often do you jump in real life user?

Didn't think so

Platformers and jumping are boomer tech

Will there be a PVE mode?

it has a dedicated dodge button too user, I dodge a lot in real life

...the whole game is PvE..?

You would dodge in the situation they're in.
Tell you what you wouldn't fucken do; jump

Will there be a PiV mode if you know what I mean???

February can't come soon enough, can't wait to clip some wings

no, sorry I don't
jumpin makes every game better tho

>sacrificing a button for jump in a game that doesn't require it
>still giving up a button for "listen mode", something that is disabled in the only difficulties worth playing the game on
these fuckers are retarded I swear

>dedicated jump
>dedicated prone
>dedicated dodge
possible stealth GOAT on our hands. will definitely feel better than MGSV. that game had really disappointing climbing.

>all the enemies still have hitscan perfect accuracy with infinite ammo
Yeah dude, dodge is gonna do you a lot of good when you're getting shot at by 5+ ai

calm down, jumping in any game is great

TLOU doesn't use that many buttons they could simply make the X button jump in addition to climbing

what's all the autism about jump buttons in games?

Also has a dedicated lesbian button

It's still your regular 3rd person cinematic walking simulator with basic gameplay elements

you can count the number of required long jumps in the whole game with one hand guaranteed

two kinds of playstation gamers:
those who are good at platformers that started with ape escape and crash on ps1
then theres the zoomers who can't do anything but walk in a slow circle while shooting

as fun as it would be for ellie to be Neo, I think the dodging is for melee and zombies. and the occasional trap.

>deticated jump button that can be used in contextually appropriate situations

Dodge is for clickers and bloaters rushing at you for the instakill

I would jump if it helped me reach a ledge that's above my head, yes.

Does this mean jumping is a pillar of game design?

I think he means a Penis in Vagina mode.

The gameplay reveal trailer was certainly repulsive so I'd say he was successful.

Attached: disgust.jpg (524x336, 29K)

How often do you pick up guns and shoot zombies in real life?

Signifies more freedom of movement instead of Sony's standard "you will WALK in down THIS path while listening to dialogue. It is NOT a cutscene."

only if it's through a glass ceiling

Attached: zgBfVTW.png (700x85, 44K)

There are no dedicated spawn zombies pick up guns buttons.

>will definitely feel better than MGSV.
Hahaha, no.

Can't wait for all the long cutscenes, the walk and talk scenes and the archaic gameplay!

I don't play games with tranny lesbians.

Attached: shock1.gif (470x480, 2.01M)

>will definitely feel better than MGSV.
LOL

TLOU had worse AI and stealth than MGS2 from 2001. Westshit devs are still centuries behind. The retard Druckmann is so obsessed with animations and such, he loses the forest for the trees. As he points out himself.

>ugly butch lesbian simulator
>good

Uncharted 4 had great AI though, and that's more recent than TLOU1

U4 isn't a stealth game, retard

No it didn't. It's the same ass brain dead deaf and blind enemies as always. Ass Creed forever ruined stealth in western games.

>The last of us part II's violence is designed to be repulsive
Every single sentence that Jew puts out about his anti-fun moviegame makes me hate him and it more

Attached: 1568474742656.jpg (739x415, 24K)

it has a stealth AI system separate from its regular combat AI system, retard. You don't know shit

>dedicated jump, prone and dodge
I shall look forward to the video "last of us 2 v1.0 WR 46 minutes *GLITCHES* see description"

Yeah sure. Duck and nobody can see you. So amazing youtube.com/watch?v=zPBxy1VDXZk

>The Last of Us Part II's violence is designed to be repulsive
It's not the only thing in the game that's designed to be repulsive

>The last of us part II's violence is designed to be repulsive
What kind of pleb has not already been masturbating to lara deaths for years?

Kojimadrones are insufferable

Is there anything lazier than magic bushes that turn you invisible? The moment I play a game with those, I imagine hack shit devs. Just further makes me appreciate how far ahead MGS2-3 stealth are.

MGSV is one of the best controlled games ever. Sorry your rubberband shit can't compare to the autistic dedication of nips.

Druck old buddy I think you took it to far in places. You wanted the violence to be repulsive then made the entire game and everything in it repulsive.

Yeah this is what "stealth sections" looks like. Who would do this in real life? Shooting a man running at you is easy as fuck but AI in games don't even react. If it was realistic it would actually be more fun

Attached: stealth.png (597x671, 365K)

The fuck's going on with his foot

Blind and deaf enemies that are glorified watchtowers. Stealth in western games is almost without exception linear dumbed down trash. Why do they even put these stealth sections in the game? My guess is that the devs try to force some variety in their painfully simplistic and repetitive games. Don't even let me get started on Uncharted "platforming".

He's just stretching it mid-run before the fight

I'm sorry your linear movie game isn't good user.

call me when it has a dedicated doug button

Call me when it has a play as Joel instead button

Yeah it's variety. They talk about that stuff online sometimes. I'd rather have a game that does one thing exceptionally well than 5 things badly

Attached: 1568926493988.png (322x432, 109K)

>Why do they even put these stealth sections in the game?
Its a super easy way of giving the player a moment of fun power. That enemy that typically fucks you up? He can now be shanked in one hit from the shadows, which feels great if you do not analyse how brain dead simple it was to perform because most players will likely only ever play a game once.

Called it. Uncharted is carefully designed so every gameplay aspect lasts just long enough before the player realizes how repetitive it is. The entire game is designed to avoid this insight. Devs mask their unsatisfying combat, time waste stealth and automatic platforming by quickly changing between the three right before the repetition of shallow gameplay kicks in. These games are made by incompetent people.

I find it really insulting to one's intelligence that they keep peddling this as a "so dark and mature" series for big boys and girls, but they have a dedicated retard button built into the game that even more "childish" games would not include. It makes the maturity seem superficial and surface level.

MGSV's problem was that it had no levels and no scenarios. It's controls and mechanics were possibly the best the genre had ever seen. It is laughable that you would compare TLOU to even the worst MGS.

What exactly does this game do right?

Repackage every modern western trend both new and old.

I really liked Last of Us. I beat it 4 times. I own it for PS3 and PS4. Even I hate you.

>tfw TLOU2 is a 3D Platformer/Collectathon

Can't wait to collect 100 dyke pusys lads

Attached: 1545675696102.png (715x545, 572K)

>Lara Deaths
Not bad but for me it's good ol', still fun to play, Crackle Cradle. Blank Blood is fun too.

NO FUN ALLOWED

>TPS movielike with a jump button

Attached: 1564428447495.jpg (1040x951, 33K)

It's a mistranslation. "Jump button" refers to the "jump to the next scene" button they've implemented.

I wonder why the lesbian kiss took place in a church and not, say, a synagogue or a mosque.

MGS3 had "magic bushes" too

Nope.

No it had an environmental blend mechanic that was more effective the better your camo index and the move covered you're surroundings. It never had magic bushes that made you invisible by default of being in them. Even moving through bushes would lower your camo index.

bait

Did you even play MGS3 retard?

>can now dodge
>can now jump
>can now hide under cars
>can now crawl between tight spaces like between two shelving units
Holy fuck its gonna be GOTY bros! They did so much to improve the gameplay!

>X is designed to be repulsive

Thats the first mistake an amateur designer makes.
Thats the most basic misunderstanding where you think art has to perfectly replicate life.

I hope they're saying by proxy the violence is "repulsive" otherwise it'll just be shit.

Attached: cursed imaged do not open.jpg (480x480, 26K)

We don't use the word fun.

Attached: 1559700537467.gif (200x200, 849K)

I can understand what he was trying to say with this, I wouldn't describe something like Pathologic 2 has fun necessarily, at least not in the traditional sense since the game is trying to stress you out but it makes him sound like a pretentious faggot.

>nuGod of War removed jump button because it's "not necessary"
>Now even fucking The Last of Us has a jump button
Holy shit, this just makes me hate cucklorg even more, what a fucking faggot.

Attached: images (2).jpg (554x554, 30K)

I mean, shitposting aside, these are actually nice improvements. This is the kind of iterative work that makes for improved game mechanics and sequels. The problem is that the original game completely failed to deliver on its original promise of having dynamic and believable enemies and just gave us slower Uncharted fodder instead. If TLOU2 adds all of these minor improvements but fails to fix the basic AI then this will be another case of grievously misplaced priorities.

Never got what the autism was about.
TLoU 2 will have a jump button because the environments and gameplay demand it. There was no point for the first game to have one.

it had micro-managable environments including bushes, but you had to make a effort-of-thought to utilize them, and push a button when standing in them

Furthermore, MGS3 invented the whole idea of being concealed in the environment, and HK tried to improve it further with every game. Occasionally better with some mechanics than others. Repeating ideas and making them easier to use is just taking the stealth genre backwards. I had that very problem with Sekiro, but since i played like a souls-game it didnĀ“t affect the experience. TLoU2 just seems to shoehorn "stealth" in

So the gameplay aspects are balanced against each other well? Would you be this hostile towards the devs if not for political reasons?

Until you realise all aspects are shit

The stealth I would agree is shit, but the combat is satisfying and the platforming works great apart from being overscripted in the fourth one. How would you improve Uncharted then? What would make it a better Indiana Jones smug and junior edition simulator?

>WAHOO
>WAHOO!
>W-W-W-WAHOO!
>YIPPEE!
youtu.be/GKQl9ZZ27a8

Attached: vlcsnap_2018_06_11_21h09m37s973.0.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

That requires work user. Nowhere near as much as making a jump or dodge compared to making AI not shit.

>game with ugly dykes
>good
Umm...No sweaty