Halo 3: ODST released on 22nd September 2009 and is 10 years old today. Say something nice about it

Halo 3: ODST released on 22nd September 2009 and is 10 years old today. Say something nice about it.

Attached: 177007-halo-3-odst-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1139, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7c7U2vj3Na8
store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_ay8y6GpA
pastebin.com/JjQneuVL
youtube.com/watch?v=RLnWnfDV9xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It has one of the best original scores in gaming

> Best OST
> Good atmosphere
> Subversion of the original game

I really liked this game

check my 6

It was okay. That's the best I can say about it and I haven't even played it.

Fuck me, for a Xbox 360 game it was really immersive.
>Exploring New Mombasa at night while smooth jazz music plays in the background.

So how many of you managed to do all the vidmasters?

The last ‘good’ Halo game

fpbp

> We are droppin' into Hell, troopers! Time to grow a pair!

Did you finish it in legendary anons?

Attached: 9K79Swr.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

Underrated gem, best OST and best atmosphere

I'd rather talk about how it was a huge missed opportunity for some ghost recon-esque squad leader mechanics and was basically a reskinned Halo 3 since there was no difference between master chief and the ODSTs. No "you have to use teamwork now because you're weaker" or "you have to stay grounded since you can't just 5 feet in the air anymore like a supersoldier" or "you can't flip a tank anymore because you're just some dude" or "you have to be sneaky because you're just a dude." The silencers didn't even work for Christ's sake it was just for show. They probably had more hitpoints actually. Reach made the same mistake.
If I could say something good about it, the SMG and pistol had a good feel to them, firefight was fun before it was completely ruined in reach

Really good game atmosphere wise and that combined with the solid halo shooter mechanics makes for an overall very good game. I just wish it was longer because even on legendary I finished it in like 4 hours.

Yup, it was probably my most played single player campaign because of this

found it alot harder than 2 too

Sadie was kinda a bitch tho

shitty. only worth buying for firefight and H3's multiplayer. fucking meme actors like nathan fillion playing himself, the only reason anyone praises the campaign is the ending.

>So how many of you managed to do all the vidmasters?
I did all of them except for Deja Vu because I lost connection before we could complete the level. What a pain they were.

>Did you finish it in legendary
yep although this was probably the easiest halo game to beat on legendary. Legendary should've been the default difficulty since you're playing as an ODST and not a Spartan II

Nigga, I even finished it on Legendary 4 Co-op with Rocket Launchers.

Remembering that makes me so hyped for MCC on Steam.

I never thought nothing of the Vidmasters as I thought many people had already done them but people did say nice stuff to me when they saw me wearing Reconz.

A few anecdotes is that people would joke about leaving just when we were about to beat a challenge.

Doing Annual, Deja Vu and the Firefight one on Heroic was a memorable experience.

this game should have been halo 4

a game so atmospheric you could barely tell it wasnt raining.

>tfw attempting the firefight achievement only for your team to die two and a half hours in

i had the best customer service at eb games when this came out
>be 12 at the time
>30 minutes from closing
>family was gonna drive back home the next day so this was my last chance to buy this game
>sprint to eb games
>Dude at the counter "Hey man need any help?"
>excited tone: "Can i buy Halo 3: ODST??"
>"You sure can!"
it was nice

I went to Bungie forums and managed to get in a group, we did die a couple of times but after the 4th attempt we got it.

Deja Vu took the most attempts but Firefight was definitively the longest one.

I hope I get the time to do that again once MCC is released on Steam. I wonder why there is not a lobby for Co-Op games, I think Reach had one.

I picked it up on release day in 8th grade. Was a lonely kid with no friends, now I'm an infantry officer and I've fucked 16 girls this year. Still depressed though, thanks for reading my blog post.

Got it first day it came out while I was still in middle school kek, great memories of playing this game

Wholesome
I had the same experience with Reach, day one store opening me and a mate was there and our Dads let us take the day off to play through the campaign

I stole gold dollars from my sister to buy this and then had to have my dad take me to get it and he asked where I got the gold dollars and I had to try and play it off like I got them from some kid at school. He knew I was full of shit but he liked halo as much as me so he pretended to believe me.

Dat greatest hits like mission design. And no flood.

>but he liked halo as much as me so he pretended to believe me.
based

It's original title was cooler

Based dads

>ODST was a decade ago

Attached: 1563584073197.gif (500x374, 999K)

It had a great ad campaign
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

Thank you OP for reminding me I wasted my money on this trash

Cute. You two should suck eachother’s dicks. lmao faggots

i was almost buying it last month but then i decided to wait for mcc on pc

the feels never left
youtube.com/watch?v=yWh9l8RSkPk

Attached: streaming.png (515x529, 695K)

DEFERENCE FOR DARKNESS WHENEVER I SEE THE COVER HRRRGH
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7c7U2vj3Na8

Is the entire series still coming out on PC or was that just some bullshit? I never owned a 360 so I missed out on basically the entire series.

store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.I'm keen.

It really captured the feeling of loneliness in a way that Halo 4 did not. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed 4's campaign but since I was still the Chief it really felt like more of an emotional adventure with Cortana and exploring Requiem fighting off Prometheans more than anything.

ODST on the other hand really made you feel powerless. Every enemy was stronger than they were in 3, since you aren't a Spartan, you now have to use health packs, you are all alone in this big, dark, city without your squad and they're in danger too. It's not this big planet or galaxy-wide adventure, it all takes place in once city yet it feels like forever as you desperately try to find your teammates. You are weak and tired but you still find a way to fight on.
The mission design here was also very good, I'll never forget the creepy data hive mission with all the drones in it or the one on top of the tower where a bunch of brutes attacks you with gravity hammers.

Attached: masterchiefwojak.jpg (104x125, 3K)

>say something nice
No fuck that. This game is overrated DLC.
The soundtrack is very nice, but it’s also just Marty going “hey remember Bladerunner? We’re doing something similar I guess...”
The Dare/Nathan Fillion romance plot is overrated to hell, especially by the Bungie staff.
A lot of the game just looks ugly.
You’re fighting exclusively Brutes despite Elites still being a large part of the covenant forces at the time.
The weapon sandbox throws all regard for balance out the window, going exclusively for “cool factor” by turning the SMG and pistol into “stealth weapons” but now the SMG is just a clone of the assault rifle functionally, which already has redundancy due to the plasma rifle and spiker, and the pistol is now just the battle rifle...
Campaign is too short for a 60$ price tag
No matchmaking for firefight (which, although great, was just a clone of GoW’s horde mode)
Halo 3’s multiplayer on a separate disk
Game is cobbled together bare bones borderline unfinished crap.
It truly was the beginning of the end.

it was the last good halo game

Good job training to die for Israel, fag

>new multiplayer
But that's wrong though, it was literally halo 3 multiplayer

>an emotional adventure
fuck feminism, fuck basedfags and fuck 343

This

Speaking of that Marty uploaded a video recently of his unreleased piano composition sketches for the OST. Really worth checking out youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_ay8y6GpA

not really what I meant. I was referring to it like that because it showed that Chief and Cortana cared for each other even though neither one was made to love anything at all. Obviously the game had its issues but I think the storytelling in 4 was pretty solid for what it gave us. The didact could have been a really good villain too if he didn't get fucking composed in the comics and came back for H5.
I think the delusions of feminism and that shit has mainly been directed towards series like Gears, Halo, for the most part, doesn't seem to have been affected by the libs yet (except maybe if you count stupid ass Tanaka and Vale from H5 in that).

Luckily I think 343i is trying to get back to the roots of the series with infinite, so there's something to be hopeful for.

>Chief and Cortana cared for each other even though neither one was made to love
Fuck you. And Fuck 343

>"Before this is over, tell me which one of us is the machine."
Teary circlejerk. Shit writing, shit gameplay and shit artstyle. A story that retcons tons of important underlying lore and ruins whatever mystery or intrigue the story had. I know its your first Halo game, but for those of us that started with CE way back, we can recognize it for the abysmal installment that it is. Fuck you 343tards are pathetic.

Idk if it’s even a 343 problem. There’s like a lower species of de-balled retards that parrot hype speak

>tfw born on the day the most kino Halo was released
Feels good man

I remember enjoying the campaign for this, didn't touch the multiplayer though

After about the twentieth attempt I understood what they meant by the title of Deja Vu for that achievement.

>4-player Legendary co-op the last mission but you're not allowed to use the Scorpion on the highway

BUT THE DIG SITE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CITY

well you're not wrong. I started with reach actually, but I guess I was impressionable enough to where I accepted what you all hate. I'm sorry for my opinion. If it's any consolation even though I'm probably part of the problem, H3 is my favorite in the series and maybe one of the best of all time.

Hey user, I'm the 343 hater. Sorry for the outburst, I just fucking hate Halo 4 and 5 so much. You gotta understand dude. Imagine a company came along, took your favorite thing and fucked it into oblivion, not once but twice. And now there are zoomers running around saying "Halo 4 had good story" I just lose my shit. You're entitled to your opinion user, but you gotta understand that the changes do not sit well with us. The butchering of the lore, the disgusting artstyle, the COD focused gameplay. We fucking hate it. 3 is pretty fucking great and if thats your favourite, I dont have that big a problem with you.

Attached: 1564823619136.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

Get. The fuck. Out.

halo is shit and this is where they really started to lazily milk the series

FUCK YOU BOTH.
FUCK YOU BOTH FOR APOLOGIZING LIKE BEATEN DOGS.
FUCK 343 FOR ITS ESTROGEN LACED BULLSHIT.
FUCK YOU.
FUCK FEMINISM.
BEAT WOMEN.

The OST is so good. I really want to learn deference for darkness on piano

Attached: Halo ODST Streets.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Underage

Moderators

Imagine being this retarded and thinking that user is 10. He meant it's his birthday you zoomer shit.

babbys first fps
kys

Great game for lonely people like me

Pretty sure that's Doom.

based
didnt even read thread just saw this had to give props and yeah fuck 343
my favorite halo is 2

This.

>some spin off of the main series is the best game
why does this always happen?

>ten year old calling a thirty year old a zoomer

It came with all Halo 3 MP maps, Firefight and Halo Reach Beta. It was an amazing package.

Attached: Destinyawaits610.jpg (610x343, 38K)

Take those cocks out of your mouth, son

destiny is gross

It's my favorite Halo and I love how you can finish it in 4 hours if you rush through it, or in 10 if you want to discover everything.
It is one of the few cases of "empty" open world done right.

Halo 4 is bad though.

The chad "TROOPERS, WE ARE GREEN, AND VERY, VERY MEAN" vs the virgin "Fireteam Osiris, the light is green".
Should have just been Buck and Locke playing Good Cop Bad Cop, the roasties ruined it and made all opportunity for characterization suffer.

Attached: brad-shortt-ingame.jpg (1700x956, 157K)

Shouldn't have been released at full price

Attached: 1556497124124.png (100x100, 1K)

Bless this game. One of the last good games from bungie and a time when the console generation was still attempt to outdo itself.

I like that based Joker block. Reddit fag
thanks doc

Well. This is the end.
>helicopters keep flying over my house
>get gang stalked every single day
>just lost 540 dollars in stocks (literally all the money i had)
>family wants to murder me
>keep hearing niggers giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
>younger sister has picked up off me and now will literally not stop watching hentai
>step dad does nothing but smoke weed and drink knock off beer, also sometimes hits me
>mom is starting to do harder drugs again, tfw have seen her come into my room and take money from my wallet

Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and have kept me entertained. I'll return the
favor this one time. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 5 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
Nope, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you just make your own thread
(((they))) have cucked my ISP range, so just posting this in the first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream link/url + more quick rundown:
pastebin.com/JjQneuVL

Goodbye Yea Forums.
~1488

Attached: IMG_20193458435_93850.jpg (1536x2048, 1.13M)

Great atmosphere, good soundtrack, interesting characters.

Attached: halo_x_division.png (2160x1215, 3.18M)

>Friend's brother was a manager at Family Video
>They got copies of Reach in like a week before release
>Dude was so cool, he just let me borrow three copies no questions asked
>mfw my friends and I played through the Reach campaign a week before release with 360s linked up, and multiple TVs

Attached: You Gonna Get Comfy.jpg (600x772, 68K)

Gangstalking isn’t real dude

Not funny, user.

I always thought it was kind of bullshit how undamaged New Mombasa was after Truth slipspace jumped out. That cutscene made it look like that city got fucking nuked, and the power evidently didn't even go out.

I did. And once it's on steam I'll fucking do it again.

>Truth

Meant to say Regret.

Fag

Attached: 1568949066323.gif (423x234, 1.69M)

>did the glitch where you could hijack an enemy tank
That shit was great. You weren't supposed to use them.

Halo kind of sucks
*winces at this*

>10 years old today.
What the fuck man. Where does the time go. I remember this being one of the last times I had fun waiting at the midnight release at GameStop.

Attached: B7f2_OECEAAyijj (1).jpg (545x362, 32K)

The opening cutscene is actually pretty creepy:
youtube.com/watch?v=RLnWnfDV9xo

Maybe if you’re a basedboy

will it be in the master chief collection on pc?

I only played halo 1 and 2. completely missed the 360 and xbone releases.

I bought it for the second part of the mythical map dlc and then realized I already got it for free because I bought the first part. Also some character dlc code didnt work. Couldn't return it, shit game.

Love the game but every time I play it I'm let down by the missed opportunities and wasted potential. All the characters are shit, should have been more emphasis on making 'the city' its own character. If you haven't already noticed, half of the map is just a mirrored copy of the other side and while the graffiti and interactions with the super intendent (giving you directions, lifting Road blockades) are cool, they aren't particularly interesting or add anything to the game other than flavour. Imagine if the super intendent would warn you about enemies, comment on your battles or light up the streets as you walked through them. Another bummer is that it plays exactly like any other halo game, and there are no enemy elites even though this was the perfect opportunity to fight them in halo 3's engine