Don't you think it's weird Batau?

> Don't you think it's weird Batau?
> What is Major?
> That we never got a good video game.

Attached: download (2).jpg (306x165, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fyEaVnziIpI
cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/03/management-board-report-on-cd-projekt-capital-group-and-cd-projekt-s-a-activity-in-2018.pdf
metro.co.uk/2019/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-gamescom-2019-interview-paint-picture-let-player-interpret-10618408/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sort of weird, not that weird though, y'know?

Closest thing is consider a ghost in the shell game that was good was NeoTokyo.
I wish that they had kept up with it. It was a lot of fun.

The hundreds of games inspired by Ghost in the Shell is good enough.

You are getting Cyberpunk 2077.
>and RPG by one of the best devs making games currently
Rejoice!

Rejoicing at the thought of modding in major and the sector 9 team

Attached: download (4).jpg (300x168, 7K)

Is it really that weird? Your series has a handful of good action set-pieces, sure, but I can't really think of a system of gameplay that would capture what you're really about. Your entire universe is designed for delivery via controlled narratives. And that's okay. Not everything needs a vidya.

The most GITS-like game.

Attached: oni.jpg (600x729, 475K)

First Assault was a fun little game

Attached: images (22).jpg (739x415, 41K)

GitS PS1 is a very fucking solid game, at least do a bit of research before making a thread like this

I actually really miss it, such a shame it got shut down. Nothing like rolling a team of Togusa's and just sending your army of drones in to wipe the enemy team.

Attached: togusa.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

Attached: 1567492254273.webm (720x404, 2.1M)

2077's generic cyberpunk setting really doesn't match the elite and professional character of Ghost in the Shell.
Hell, can GitS even be called cyberpunk when it doesn't really have any punk elements?
It's more of a near future scifi police thriller.

1995 Motoko is so sexy.

Attached: 1561604120903.jpg (240x180, 14K)

Just the setting was punk, the entire second season of S.A.C was about the immigrants which had some punk vibes.

I agree on the police thriller point... I feel like it would make a perfect AAA game. I was disappointed the nu-movie didn't get a video game tie in. It probably would of been trash but there was hope

>Just the setting was punk
Not really.
Very few people in government are portrayed as explicitly evil, even the corrupt politicians are presented as having a nuanced perspective on the world around them, and are trying to do what's best for their country, if not the world.

That's sort of the very opposite of what a punk setting would do. A punk setting is one where everyone is just out to make it for themselves and the protagonists are the only ones trying to make the world a better place (maybe).

This is good, fine gameplay, great atomoaphere animation based original comic

Attached: ghost in the shell.jpg (275x275, 21K)

Fuck you faggot the PS1 game is great. The low polygons, the music, the kino opening and various animations through out the game. It was even made by the same people who made Jumping Flash.

Attached: 0BB75E15-C259-422B-844B-2274821D640E.jpg (800x809, 104K)

>RPG by one of the best devs making games currently
Except that the game's project is being staffed by Westerners, including aposematic hambeasts and SJWs and CDPR has lost many devs, including the ones working on the original teaser.
You really, really, should not have hope or hype for Cyberpunk 2077.

Attached: 1561233421489.jpg (650x515, 45K)

I mean the few scenes in the slums, there's the episode where Aramaki visits his brother which is hella punkie vibe.

There's plenty of cyberpunk in GitS, it's just not entirely cyberpunk

>RPG
It's not an RPG anymore

Thank you, this game was great, really well animated cutscenes and the music was godtier.

Is your ghost telling you that?

Attached: 2F834F68-DF88-48F8-AAED-28FBAF3EA016.png (676x810, 610K)

psx game was decent, the added bonus being that the anime cutscenes were 110% in the style of the manga, so if you're interested in seeing how that would have turned out as opposed to Oshii's super-serious take on the IP, look it up on youtube.

ps2 game was okay, but nothing special. I thought the player-character animations were slightly above average.

It would be perfect for a Deus Ex/System Shock like game. Amp up the movement and add tons of cool android weapons and you have yourself a hell of a game.

It's a multiplayer game but that's kind of what Dystopia did. It's like a combo of the hacking from System Shock, augs from Deus Ex, and futuristic versions of weapons from Quake.

Whoever made this must have had it out for epileptics

It had one in the PS2

It looked good and had good soundtrack, but it was pvp shit. So much wasted talent.

Thanks for redpilling them Batou

Attached: Richard_epcar.jpg (300x388, 17K)

>read thread
>no E.Y.E.

p. good game

Attached: kon.jpg (128x128, 10K)

Japs don't have the capability or don't care about having a triple A quality production on par or surpassing the original DeusEx or it's 2011 prequel and the west is too occupied with whether women can have penises or not.

If it was made by japs it would be crap and if it was made by the west it would have a black trans midget as the major.

Good thing this IP crashed and burned with that Scarlett "marriage is such poopoo" Johansson flaming garbage of a carcrash back in 2017. It needs to stay niche or it's going to get exploited like a cheap white college whore with 200k student debt on compensated """dating""" websites.

Attached: 3543.png (542x622, 472K)

Enlighten us Machine gun crusader

Oh no no no

Attached: download (5).jpg (283x178, 11K)

Name some

Yo, where is my deus ex set in Japan focused on overthrowing the corrupt government whilst discovering some legends and myths about Japan? Like cyberpunk should be

I've been wondering why I haven't seen anything interesting about that game and why things look retarded.

Oh no

You mean gta with robots made by the same tranny faggots that ruined witcher franchise?

Attached: B9FD897F-5946-4213-AE31-6CFE7DB2C805.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

> Look up pic
> 0 results

What game, it looks cute owo

I miss wrecking havoc in a think tank... might have to fire up the old emulator again.

Ruiner. It's shit though

Ruiner. Made by the guys who were originally going to make CP2077, if I'm not mistaken.

>wrecking
wreaking, dumb esl

Ruiner.
>Go get them, puppy
youtube.com/watch?v=fyEaVnziIpI

fuck you, I'm tired.

where did you get this info from? all im seeing aside from pondsmith are mostly poles with some germans

He got it out of his hairy asshole. There's a bunch of annoying autists on this board who feel the need to shit on CD ProjektRed and every game they make for various reasons.

You can love it and hype for it all you want, but if you aren't aware of these facts you may very well be disappointed. Though if you're still excited for the game, you're probably in its intended audience and won't mind whatever I have to say.

cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2019/03/management-board-report-on-cd-projekt-capital-group-and-cd-projekt-s-a-activity-in-2018.pdf

>On 8 January 2019 the Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. approved the CD PROJEKT S.A. Diversity Policy, which sets forth core values guiding the Company’s relationship with its team members, key managers and members of the Board and Supervisory Board. The goal of the approved Diversity Policy is to reinforce cultural awareness and foster diversity which is regarded as the foundation of innovation, creativity and long-term growth of CD PROJEKT S.A.

>Foreigners represent 19% of the CD PROJEKT Capital Group workforce. As of 31 December 2018 the Group employed individuals from 39 countries. The largest foreign groups hail from Ukraine (20 people), United Kingdom (15 people), France (14 people), Russia (13 people) and United States (11 people).

metro.co.uk/2019/08/23/cyberpunk-2077-gamescom-2019-interview-paint-picture-let-player-interpret-10618408/

>“You know, [with Cyberpunk 2077] we really want to make a video game that’s really inclusive. "

Attached: 1537927639805.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Give remedy a go.

Attached: Control_20190831163646.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

It's a game about a dystopian future and societal degeneracy. Whatever you're worried about will unironically fit right in.

FUCKING WESTERN TRASH HAMBEASTS WHY DO THEY HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1524046032046.jpg (1201x884, 618K)

>diversity which is regarded as the foundation of innovation, creativity and long-term growth
How did those huite men ever get to the moon without Tyrone, Igor and Stacy?
>The largest foreign groups hail from Ukraine (20 people)
Nazis.
>United Kingdom (15 people)
Great people of impeccable character.
>France (14 people)
Great people of impeccable character, especially if they have more melanin.
>Russia (13 people)
Nazis.
>United States (11 people)
The elite of the elite and amazing bunch of people, especially if they have vaginas and melanin.

Attached: 52345234532111.jpg (854x413, 90K)

>not having played the PS1 game

the playstation 1 game was great but you're too young to remember it.

Literally every single cyberpunk game draws inspiration from it as well as other media that has defined the genre.

>It's a game about a dystopian future and societal degeneracy.
Which has nothing to do with the game company itself being degenerate. I have minimal confidence in any AAA(AA+) games being good, but this garbage being spouted is the rancid icing on the cake.
>Whatever you're worried about will unironically fit right in.
Any company spouting buzzwords about inclusivity and diversity are so far detached from whatever I might be interested in that there is no hope at all for me liking the game. If you're excited for it, very good for you. I wouldn't want others to share my misery, but likewise I wouldn't want others like me to mistake this game for something it's not. The devs are extremely unlikely to portray any of the subjects realistically and without their own political bias.

Attached: 1568591851104.jpg (1700x1351, 1.09M)

>>United States (11 people)
>The elite of the elite and amazing bunch of people

Attached: 12323.png (500x251, 174K)

There's really not that many cyberpunk games.

>Literally every single cyberpunk game draws inspiration from it

>cant name anything
>UHH, EVERY SINGLE GAME!

GiTS was extremely late to the party as far as "cyberpunk" is concerned, wanna tell me how much snatcher borrows from ghost in the shell?

don't just make shit up because you don't know what you're talking about, it embarrasses all of us

Libel is a crime user.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the "punk" part. You don't see any fucking punks in the steampunk genre so whats the fucking deal

Attached: 1426910743407.jpg (231x218, 7K)

GitS and Akira popularized cyperpunk in the west
The directors for the matrix showed their producers GitS and said "we wanna make this in live action"

GitS is to thank for ALOT of cyberpunk culture

They just want to defend their shitty degeneracy.
Also lot of them don't understand the concept of cyberpunk.

I used to always think that the Metroid Prime devs could probably handle a GiTS game

>GitS and Akira popularized cyperpunk in the west

hahahah no they didnt

But they did you stupid redditor.

>No early Rainbow Six GiTS hybrid

Steampunk is terrible and barely qualifies as a genre.

>3d cgi crap with 15fps action scenes and surface level cyberpunk from niggerflix
cant fucking wait

It'll look like shit but it's by SAC's director so it can't be that bad.

The player characters are the punks, user. In GITS they're mainly the villains though, since we're following characters in the system itself.

Oh this is a good suggestion

cyberpunk was at the height of its popualrity before either of those things came out, decades before you were burn, you utter smudge.

nips don't have the budget for a good gits game
eat shit

you're right, but you know 90% of these guys will shit themselves with confusions over the tachi

too bad it aged like spoiled milk curds

There wasnt anything GITS good since SAC ended tho. Arise was shit, live action was shit, games were shit. Why would i trust director? Didnt original creator said movie was good?
I want to believe, user.

>decades before you were burn
nice one user

Are you fucken retarded?

Oh sorry maybe I should clarify

> It popularized all of FUCKEN SCIENCE FICTION in the west

Got any more 40iq sockcock insight?

Attached: IMG_20190922_214723.jpg (1080x1655, 621K)

NO SUN ALLOWED

Attached: 1564026534093.jpg (1200x848, 270K)

is this the stupid people thread

>akira is responsible for the popularization of science fiction in the west

F see me after class

>decades before you were burn
wut

Attached: 213.png (300x173, 29K)

we get it you stupid reditor hate akira.

I played a demo of the PS1 game as a kid. I remember liking it.

Attached: 1470948311629.jpg (288x499, 24K)

Fuck me I typod my btfo comment

Cyber science fiction*

Because the last project said director worked on was SAC and now he's returning to direct that? It was Oshii who shilled for the movie, but he's become a total hack and his opinions are worthless.

Well, at least we got a great live action adaptation.

Attached: 514xqjfoFkL.jpg (331x500, 62K)

I'll hope you right, i will give it a shot when its out. Nu-anime is garbage and maybe this will be something watchable.

Now that the dust has settled
I actually kinda enjoyed it

yeah except it's not. Neuromancer is. You know, the book? You have read Neuromancer, since you're talking about cyberpunk, right?

There's no way you haven't read Neuromancer, right?

it's a great game, user

>still no digital release

>great
It was O.K.

You're a fucking idiot. Ghost in the Shell was made in 1995 and you better believe that every cyberpunk game made after it owes something to it. How about the entire fucking Deus Ex series, retard.

Fucking retard
>durr no punks in steampunk
Because steampunk is an awful fucking """genre""" with no consistency or anything to it except "why yes there is a magical advanced technology made with STEAM and there are gears everywhere and people with top hats and monocles (lol this is sooo 18th century)
Cyberpunk had a lot to do with punk culture early on and was partially shaped by it, the entire point of cyberpunk is "gobernment bad, corporations bad :DDDD t: angsty antihero"
Akira didn't popularized SHIT
Actually it popularized anime in the west but it came out in 1988 near the peak of cyberpunk popularity but it influenced western sci-fi much less than a fucking Blade Runner did
Blade Runner ACTUALLY was so influential it basically indirectly created most of the 80s anime aesthetics, which is especially noticeable in Bubblegum Crisis or Dirty Pair

>no way fag

Attached: 1546632083738.jpg (636x4959, 300K)

akira is about a bunch of mutants opposing the government
how did you get the x-men classified as cyberpunk

It's shit, though.

>watch GITS SAC
>the refugees are literally evil

how did this even get made

Attached: 1302348178767.jpg (423x1163, 188K)

That artstyle by Ilya makes me sigh

>Neuromancer is shit

Lol you don't actually not read books right?

Like you don't just consume video entertainment and not read books at all, right?....who would do that?...

Tell me if I am remembering this wrong but
>secret corporation black op to kidnap and wipe out a bunch of slum kids
>the corporations CEO attends the raid personally

I tried to get into it, got to the bit where the guy fucked the chick.and they were setting up for the raid and never bothered to finish it.

Bitch ofc i have, we could go back further like I have no mouth and I must scream and Dune which all of course had a influence on sci-fi and cyber culture but it wasn't the catylist for modern cyberpunk culture like Akira, GitS and Bladrunner was.

Where do you think FFVIIR got ALL of it's visual aesthetic from?
>Akria

Where do you think Dues Ex got all of it's aesthetic from? GitS

>That we never got a good video game
you never played the PS1 game, you nigger

pic not related

i have no mouth and i must scream is a short story that had no influence on anything

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and you have an egg cartons worth of names to drop and dont know in which order to drop them

ff7 remake doesnt look anything like akira in any way though? it sucks when unintelligent people are on Yea Forums

neuromancer is actually quite hard to read, i say this as a reader

if you want a more fun version of it, read snow crash

Steampunk, Dieselpunk, Atompunk
NONE of those genres have punks you dumb ass retard. Stop suckins CDPRs dick you fucking homo

I lafd

This shit is just "dude alternative history lemao" and not a genre
It's called (literally any fuckjng shit)punk because of retard like you who need a label for everything, fucking LOTR would be medievalpunk if it was made in the 2000s
Never reply to me again

No It wasn't. It was a cargo cult adaptation.

cyberpunk is inherently based on the idea of the protagonists or persons of interest being outside the law and usually motivated against huge corporations/entities that control the world. very punk.

all that other stuff just appended "punk" to the name to make it sound catchier. might as well replace punk with "look". steamlook. atomlook.

> it sucks when unintelligent people are on Yea Forums
> i say this as a reader

Attached: 1569115248295m.jpg (831x1024, 71K)