Anybody notice that Smash Threads have calmed down ever since Banjo released...

Anybody notice that Smash Threads have calmed down ever since Banjo released? Pre Banjo there would be like 15 fucking Smash Threads dedicated to fake leaks and newcomer speculation but post not a fucking peep. At least compared to what it use to be. Did this fucking character really kill newcomer hype? Was it always about Banjo?

Also notice how the moment he gets released everyone shuts up about him? Nobody gives a fuck that hes in the game now. What is going on?

Attached: IMG_20190730_101304.png (670x502, 824K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwWLfY920Bk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its almost as if smashfags only care about reveal trailers and barely play the game if at all

it was literally terry

That's because I killed half the smashtards on this board. I'll be coming for the other half shortly.

Ding ding ding.

why would you? it's been the same fucking shit for over a decade

there was ONE good banjo kazooie game. the nostalgia is out of fucking control. their character models don't even look right

Banjo basically was the ultimate impossible pick, so it's not really that strange that people aren't clamoring as much post release. Also, people might be content simply playing him now that he's out. Reminder that this is a board for video games.

Cause Terry, have to wait till the end of the year to see if a character people actually give a shit about made it.
No way is pass 2 gonna be a thing with these snail pace reveals

this plus there's only so much rosterfags can say about Banjo before devolving back to shitflinging over character speculation. Add in the fact that Terry wasn't nearly as requested and now everyone's completely clueless over who the final DLC could possibly be, resulting in not much to discuss
thankfully the amount of forced rivalries or whatever the fuck has dropped significantly and we don't have to deal with people pretending to like a character just to bait replies

Attached: DSC01696.jpg (1600x1065, 175K)

>smashfags only care about reveal trailers

See, that's what I thought too but ever since Banjo released nobody seems to give a single fuck about who's coming after Terry. Compared to the past, Smash Threads just completely halted. Was it always about Banjo this whole time?

People aren’t talking about banjo anymore because there isn’t anything to speculate about him anymore, the only discussion about banjo you can have now is If he’s top tier, broken, garbage or some shit like that, the proof that people haven’t forgot about banjo is because banjo in smash videos on YouTube tend you get many views

Attached: DEC19B21-5B92-4FD6-9381-512A86E1B713.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

No it's because there is no lead as to who could be next. There were indications leading up to DQ Heros and Banjo. There's no news so there is nothing to say.

There is more DLC coming based off the datamine so people are more relaxed on who the 5th character is instead of cutting each others throats for the last spot like when Terry got leaked

Attached: 1567664768578.jpg (1060x1600, 486K)

Terry's announcement made it clear how little idea anyone had about what Sakurai had in mind for the series. Horrible roster-fag threads are way more meaningless when it's obvious Sakurai and the gang are doing whatever the fuck they want.

And I'm glad about it.

Right so now because we only get 40 threads daily instead of 50 you think smash "speculation" is dead

I have a good theory the Smash threads were only a thing because of Banjo Kazooie getting in Smash. So in a way the bear and bird put an end to it. So uh say your thanks guys

Attached: JPEG_20190917_231038.png (1024x1024, 894K)

There's still a fuck ton of threads, are you blind?

they saved us

Attached: 73219969_p1.png (1280x1280, 771K)

You trannies definitely crawl back to Terry for fresh content.

No one actually gives a fuck about banjo because he doesn't get games.

Attached: 1568927185039.png (500x681, 286K)

I can see 6 at this moment right now, including this one. 4 of which are rosterfag/fake leaks and the other 2 are shitposts

>bear Goomba
>not bear Mario
you aren't even trying

Attached: dreaminerryday-crown.png (982x1286, 139K)

>He doesn't get games
Well not on the Nintendo switch duh. Xbox is for that.

Attached: 20190918_121536.jpg (1280x1280, 612K)

Banjo is in the game and he's about as fun as picking shit out of a herpes infested ass hole to play against, and only slightly more fun to play.

>their character models don't even look right
The exact opposite of what the BK devs have said, but I'm sure you wan ted them to look like their Nuts n Bolts style.

Imagine being so pissingly angry over Banjo stealing the slot your most wanted character should have gotten that you make this and incessantly spam it on Yea Forums.

user it's just one guy spamming banjo threads.

When will Yea Forums stop being surprised people stop talking about something shortly after its been released?
Its not even surprising in the slightest. Like thats how you'd expect it to work idiot.

Attached: 1471919792695.png (450x300, 104K)

You're doing a great service, user

Terry killed my excitement for the DLC, they’re clearly just adding whoever the fuck. I’m not really getting my hopes up for future characters being good picks, it’s clear they blew their load early. Which is exactly why they announced more characters would be coming outside the pass after the Terry reveal because they know he’s a character no one was requesting/wanted.

We're on Yea Forums, we take things like this as absolute proof everything we hate does what we claim it does.

ARE YOU OK?

>waaah my favorite character wasn't announced as DLC 4 my feelings are so incredibly hurt I am betrayed bewildered and bothered
Cry more, emo bitch.

You can suck the big dick

Attached: IMG_20190905_194229.jpg (600x333, 39K)

It's easier to speculate than to discuss. Speculation has unknown variables to talk about and you can easily segue into other topics (ie "I hope this, this and this music is in, I love those tracks. They're some of my favorite stages from the game-"). Whereas how much can you say about the 7 remixes that got in? They're good, some other choices might've been better, no point whining that XYZ should've gotten in.

You can thank Terry for that.

Why? Because of how ignorant you clowns are? The only way you're care about who fighter 4 is if it was Waluigi, Geno, Shrek, Goku, or Donald Trump.

For me it literally was just about Banjo. He's the character I always hoped for since fucking Melee.

I never made rosterfagging threads though because I'm an adult. I just posted in them sometimes.

This.

We care, we just don't need to advocate for him now that he's out. There's no hype, it happened we're enjoying it. What do you want people to post?

Rare's stuff with Microsoft (pre eyetoy 2.0) was actually pretty great. Nintendo fanboys should really give them a chance.

Attached: 1568893573393.png (859x960, 327K)

Terry is not as widely anticipated as Banjo so there's less panic for him to release. Terry was given a release date of November so there's unlikely to be any news until at least then. Beyond that, there's likely 11 more characters coming before Smash is done, likely to be spread out over the next 2 years.

There's no imminent news, no character people want to be available ASAP, and a very long life ahead for the game. This is probably the calmest things will be for Smash until the DLC is completely done. Once we officially get details about characters after the pass get ready for the Smash hype machine to start running at full capacity again.

It's called PR, retard. They're obviously going to start and end on high notes, and they also needed hype reveals for E3. So the 4th slot was always going to be the most underwhelming one.

The pool of demanded characters is nearly dry and any other reasonable candidate doesn't inspire fanaticism in many people.

Most of my picks are either in or already relegated to a bit part in Ultimate. I'd like another Mega Man rep but everyone added so far has been a series newcomer, so that seems unlikely. Geno/Reimu/Shantae would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

If you're not nonstop posting about Banjo that means you're all fake fans who only cares about spamming Banjo.

This isn't something to seethe about, Terry isn't particularly well known or interesting. The lack of discussion makes sense.

It’s not that my favorite character wasn’t picked, it’s that a 3rd party character with generally no following for Smash was chosen to be in the pass. I didn’t give a shit about Joker but I know Persona is a very popular series and it made a lot of people happy, so I was happy with it. Terry seems to have just made a bunch of shitposting boomers pretend to be happy.

>Terry isn't particularly well known or interesting
In your personal opinion. I'm the whitest cracker American who's never left his home state ever and I've known about Terry and Fatal Fury since 1994, what's your excuse?

The extension of DLC past the Fighter's Pass basically makes the competitiveness of your favorite getting in meaningless, we have no idea how many DLC characters we will get so no one has the fear of theirs losing a spot, ironically despite more possibilities than ever in Smash history being open right now, it leads to less speculation.

Maybe everyone is playing Banjo like they wanted?

>I don't know or care therefore nobody knows or cares because how can anyone know or care about what I don't?
Son, just because you're ignorant of a series that's been around since the early 90s or so and directly inspired Smash Bros to be made doesn't mean the entire world is as stupid as you are.

>end on high notes
>Shulk in Smash 4 (not counting BJ, Duck Hunt and Dark Pit since they were revealed after release)
>Bayo and Corrin in Smash 4 DLC
>Incineroar in Ultimate
Yeah, """high notes""" indeed. Honestly it wouldn't suprise me if it actually turned out to be true that Lloyd is the final character, considering how underwhelming another JRPG anime swordsman would be.

honestly this, fighting game characters are lame
Its the same fucking moveset they do in their game just ported to smash plus they crossover whore with literally anything so there is nothing special about their inclusion
Yes I know who Terry is on top of fucking SNK and why Sakurai added him, i dont hate him and he is at least miles and lightyears more intresting than Heihachi but still pretty boring

Do you want a fuckin medal? Most people don't know him or give a fuck about him.

He's not getting new games there either, this shit is all bait.

You =/= most people, child, why do you Yea Forumsirgin cocksuckers always think you represent the world?

That's rosterfagging for you. These """people""" don't even play Smash.

Yea Forumsirgins don't play video games at all.

Shulk was an extremely hype reveal, as was Bayonetta. The main protagonists from the 2 best games of their console generation.

Not Nintendo's fault that some people, like you, are clueless about video games.

It's because the anti smash fags have moved on to another game. When Terry comes out expect them to post 50 threads between here and /qa/ again.

So what you're trying to say is everybody on the planet knows who Terry Bogard is?

He brings nothing interesting to the roster either. There’s a reason everyone calls him trucker Ken. He is visually incredibly similar to Ken/Street Fighter character design and gameplay wise I almost guarantee he will play just like another Street Fighter character. Terry is the most boring DLC pick yet for the series.

>mario
mario gets regular releases.

Sure, I knew Terry because I'm an enthousiast. His franchise is still niche as fuck and more importantly, he's pretty generic so normies don't care about him.

>but ever since Banjo released nobody seems to give a single fuck about who's coming after Terry.
That's because no one cared that much to begin with. These "HE'S IN" and speculation threads aren't even made by smash players.

>He brings nothing interesting to the roster either
He's not even out yet, so why are you making such retarded assumptions?

Far more people know about him than you claim, zoomer. Tell us which character you wanted in that he stole the slot from.

>His franchise is still niche as fuck and more importantly, he's pretty generic so normies don't care about him
The one constant on this board, the hilarious idiocy spouted by these people.

It will happen when it gets closer to Nintendo Direct. Some people are still trying out/complaining about Banjo and when Terry's release window approaches it'll shift back into "leaks", she's in, he's out, steveposting, literal whos on twitter claiming insider, etc.

>Boring

This is how I know most Smash fans don't even play the game are just in it for the reveal hype. Ken is the most fun character in the game, if Terry plays in a similar way but in a unique way then he's an amazing addition to the roster. Smash fags are the fucking worst.

I don't get why everyone is upset over Terry. Why should Smash Bros be a popularity or "relevant" contest to a point where we put down characters that dont get meme'd to hell and back like Geno and Waluigi. Being predictable would make Smash seem stale.

Attached: 1566869617943.gif (755x601, 203K)

We’ve seen two of his specials which is a big part of what makes characters stand out in Smash and neither of them look interesting. Like said it’s just going to be a boring port of his move set from the game.

But user how could you possibly like this character I know nothing of and hate on principle to fit into the board culture?! you're just a mindless sheep devouring whatever normies shat onto your plate.

>Shulk was an extremely hype reveal
Yay, another jrpg anime swordsman thats 100% niche, got in only because Sakurai bias and is from a game that didn't even break a million. Not to mention he sucks shit as a playabale character.
>as was Bayonetta
A yes the Ballot """""""winner""""""" that nobody actually voted for or wanted and only happened because Nintendo wanted to make a marketing move.

>This is how I know most Smash fans don't even play the game are just in it for the reveal hype.
Then they aren't smash fans are they. You guys really need a better name for these obvious shitposters.

This. Which is why the "obvious choice" has never made it in unless pulled from actual evidence like the SNK copyright thing.

Just admit you only play Mario and Zelda games and are a clueless, underage Nintendo babby already.

Everyone who knew their shit about video games wanted those two in.

>Ken is the most fun character in the game
In your opinion. I don’t find his always facing your opponent and Street Fighter input gimmick fun. And no it’s not because, “lol your bad with him” I can win just fine with him, he’s just not fun to play. A character like Pac-Man or Banjo for example is fun to play.

>Shulk and Bayo
>Hype
Literally nobody asked for these characters or knew about them before smash. Shulk is so generic he could pass as a FE character and Bayonetta was clearly not a ballot winner, they just put her in because Nintendo published Bayo 2.

I LOVE BANJO

I PRESS SIDE B THEN I PRESS SIDE B I WIN SO GOOD! I'M GOOD AT GAME!

Attached: Banjo players.png (645x729, 58K)

It's almost as if people don't have to shitpost about their never-evers when they can be playing them in Smash instead

Well no duh he's not getting new games On the Nintendo Switch. A hypothetical new Banjo Kazooie game would most likely be an exclusive either for the Xbox One or their Upcoming Xbox Scarlett console than anything else.

Attached: 20190921_232033.jpg (1280x720, 604K)

>we saw a whole two things that means we saw everything oh cruel world take me away from this pain
You people are something else.

>hurr I am the world I say nobody that mean nobody because we are many for we are legion the hivemind rules all

>Literally nobody asked for these characters or knew about them before smash
>he missed OP rainfall and the mountains of Bayo salt

>Everyone who knew their shit about video games wanted those two in.
Nobody knew shit about Shulk, thats why they turned him into "IM REALLY FEELING IT" meme man because that the that appeared in the trailer. Many even said that the voice at the end was Dr. Eggman for fuck sake.
As for Bayo, there is a reason everyone went neuclar about her. Nobody in the Ballot voted for her and there were so many picks more popular than knock-off Dante.

His move set is very predictable user, let’s not pretend like it won’t be.

Accept the truth, gramps. 2D fighters not named Mortal Kombat are niche.

Attached: 1450742740672.png (800x1280, 223K)

Of course it is, because you said so.

You mean how Mortal Kombat 11 is the highest-selling fighting game ever because it's woke?

>Shulk was an extremely hype reveal
Wii shovelware that onlt managed to sell 700k isn't "hype". Next you are going to tell men Spencer in MvC3 was hype.

of all the 2D fighters you could have named dropped you name the most boring casual shit. Shit taste kid.

why don't you just shut the fuck up and keep sucking big black fucking cocks because that's the only thing you're good at you fucking faggot piece of fucking horse fucking shit nobody fucking cares what you say you fucking nigger cock sucker, fuck you

>I hate it therefore waah waah barf fart
All the time every time, the only way Yea Forumsirgins can talk.

>Street Fighter
>Niche
>Name drop Mortal Kombat

Attached: kek plankton.jpg (244x207, 5K)

Terry Retard killed the hype

Just like Ryu/Ken’s move set was extremely predictable, Terry’s based off of the two specials we saw is going to be the same way. Why are you pretending like he’s going to have some mind blowing never thought or seen before move set? He won’t. This is why no one is discussing him user. It’s why Smash discussion for right now is relatively dead. Terry is boring.

Work on that reading comprehension.

Or, all the people who wanted Banjo are playing Banjo, and the shitposters got btfo and have nothing to troll about as there’s no sizeable fanbases left.

Because WHO else is left after Terry? Been saying this forever now, but there’s no hype picks left for Smash Bros, just fringe pocket fanbases, the majority of which will likely be satisfied by the time this is all over too. Banjo was the last mega bombshell never ever fan pick, there’s nowhere to go from there.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Because you can't actually discuss or debate in an honest way?
>nobody is discussing him
There's another thread up at this moment talking about him, dipshit. You retarded "I personally X therefore the entirety of everyone else is X" idiots need to shut the fuck up once in a while.

>i don't care about anything else therefore nobody does and all things not najo are so boring and icky

Plus, they’re not as exciting.
>Geno is in
>Doomguy in Smash
>Ryu Hayabusa!!
Cool.

They’re all nice picks, but after Banjo nothing is surprising anymore.

Nice strawman asshat, now tell me what makes another literally who swordsman with a down-B counter hype outside of contrarianism

If you ask me, it's just Sora and Master Chief/Doomguy left. And neither of them ever hurted for the spot as much as Banjo did.

>Banjo was the last mega bombshell never ever fan pick, there’s nowhere to go from there
reminder that the Undertale Smash remix copyright strikes lead to something

Attached: 20140725_geno.jpg (353x500, 121K)

>Compared to the past, Smash Threads just completely halted.
Not really. This is what it was like between DLC releases for 4. For some reason with Ultimate we had an abnormal amount of threads.

I’m not putting words in your mouth. You’re implying I’m wrong for thinking his move set will end up boring/predictable. When it will be based off of what we’ve seen.

Forgot to mention it. Mortal Kombat does outsell Street Fighter, though.

God you don't even know what strawman and contrarian mean.

Xenotards are delusional

You’re right user, just like the Sans mii costume we will get a Geno costume with the Beware The Forest’s Mushrooms track bundled in!

>waaaah he has a weapon common to rpgs and one move out of 27 is similar to another character's this makes me poopy in my dooky!
Christ, son, you're not getting points or accolades for throwing tantrums on Yea Forums.

That already led to something.

Sans getting a Mii Costume already gave Smash all the Undertale hype it could've wanted. There's no need for it to push further.

Attached: Sans-Smash-ds1-1340x1340.png (1026x567, 192K)

SMRPG had two tracks copyright striked though, the Forest Maze and the boss theme

That's your personal opinion. Tell us what would be an exciting moveset based off of only seeing two moves so far. Doom Slayer swinging a chainsaw and firing the super shotgun? Lara Croft firing dual pistols and a flip kick?

What hasn't been striker recently?
There seems to be someone striking all of Square's and Nintendo's music for some reason.

I never said that. I’m personally hyped for Terry, and can’t wait to play him. But he’s nowhere on the same level as Banjo was for most people. The point I’m making actually is that if your most wanted isn’t in Smash by now, you need to reconsider your priorities in life, as most of the characters people wanted and deserved a spot on the roster are in the game.

All that’s left are courtesy icons, meme picks no one really wants, and obscure/fotm characters. This is the endgame for Smash.

Point I’m making, there’s gonna be nothing left for a 6th game after DLC. Fighter’s pass already covered most the bases. Even more DLC is just overkill. You literally shouldn’t be asking for anything else past that point.

>Sword swing
>Strong sword swing
>Arched sword swing
>Upwards sword swing
>Sword slash as a dash attack
>Down-B Counter
woah....so original....so hype and based..i can't think of a single other character that does this...

Based Terry saving us from shitty rosterfag discussions on Yea Forums

Spencer in MvC3 was hype though
youtube.com/watch?v=EwWLfY920Bk

> Everyone Is Here
> Ridley confirmed
> King K. Rool confirmed

Ultimate was on a rampage fulfilling all the never-ever dreams that it could. It inspired everyone to bet their never-ever picks, especially because there were no returning veterans to worry about instead.

>1/6 of the smash roster uses swords
>for some reason this makes some people shit themselves into absolute faggot frenzies
Are you really this mad over Fire Emblem having 7 slots out of 80+?

Yes those four things actually sound more interesting than the useless projectile and punch we’ve been shown from Terry.

>cuphead
This picture did not age well

People are satisfied. That's all.

since when? Also worth pointing out is that it was those two songs in particular, then a few days later the entire playlist was wiped saved for a victory theme

Even then it's still abnormally large even compared to Snake and Sonic in Brawl which were groundbreaking reveals.
It doesn't help that we've been getting this spam the moment it was announced

lol, imagine beibg so much of an special snowflake that you defend Shulk of all inclusions. Newsflash, nobody knew or cared about who Shulk was before Smash, you can stop pretending and if you see people quoting "Im really feeling it" or other Shulk lines is EXCLUSIVELY because they were included in Smash.

I'll say it again, stop pretending that a generic anime protag of a flopped RPG was a good inclusion, its pathetic.

Oh, they're useless now? Tell us, time traveler, who are the rest of the DLCs and did you ever get laid?

Thats cause he is a shitty inclusion, but a good character.
Shulk is a shit inclusion AND a shit character.

We get it, Fire Emblem made you shit yourself so hard that any character with a blade makes you scream like an SJW and a character from a game you hate got in so now you're doubly brain-damaged.

>Can't defend Xenovlade so he uses the Fire Emblem card
FE or not Shulk is still nothing more than a generic anime swordsman in a sea of generic anime swordsmen with counters that nobody knew before his inclusion thanks to his game being a flop that nobody gave a shit about.

>if I keep screaming "anime" nonstop maybe it'll start to mean something
Also why should I "defend" Xenoblade? I know your personal opinion is it makes you turn into a childish faggot on Yea Forums and you're not changing your mind, I'm just wondering why you're being such a bitch about it.

Suck my dick, Tooie was a masterpiece.

>Newsflash, nobody knew or cared about who Shulk was before Smash
his game was literally brought over thanks to fan demand you raging mongoloid, look up project rainfall
even before it was out here it had a dedicated following

Aside from the internet gradually making all reactions seem bigger, you've got to consider the initial bombs.

Brawl
> Meta Knight, Wario (!)
> Pit, Snake (?)
> ZSS (??)

Sm4sh
> Mega Man (!!)
> Villager (?)
> WFT (???)

Ultimate
> Inkling (!!)
> Ridley, Everyone (!!!!!)

Ultimate by far and away blew the most expectations out of the water. People had no choice but to assume that the stars were the limit.

Sure then, keep believing that your worthless waste of a slot was hype. Im sure view from that bubble is great, hopefully one day you can get out it.

>his game was literally brought over thanks to fan demand
And it still sold like shit lmao

>WHY AREN'T YOU HATING WHAT I HATE, WE ARE MANY FOR WE ARE LEGION THE GREAT HIVEMIND!!
You keep screeching like a dental drill, I'll be playing Smash and having fun.

I would say Snake was a far bigger reaction than that, considering it put 3rd party characters on the table on top of being a totally out of left field pick.

If you're a kid who only plays nintendo, Snake may as well be Terry

>WHY AREN'T YOU LOVING WHAT I LOVE, WE ARE MANY FOR WE ARE LEGION THE GREAT HIVEMIND!!
Shulk was not hype, you can stop replying now.

I love how the number of good games he’s had keep going down by bitter shitposters.

It used to be:
4 good games and a mediocre xbox title
to:
WAN GUD GAEM!!!

Pretty soon retards will start focusing on Rusty Buckets and start saying that only HALF of Kazooie was good or some shit (despite RBB actually being on of the best levels).

I remember when we used to talk about over which was better, Kazooie or Tooie, with opinions being fairly split down the middle, but now cause of bandwagoner zoomers and game “analysts” people are pretending Tooie is a bad game, but it’s always been agree to be an objective improvement over Kazooie. With preferences really coming down to taste over ganeplay style, but fans loving both games regardless.

>there was ONE good banjo kazooie game
Kazooie, Tooie, and Grunty's Revenge are all good, also technically Diddy Kong Racing since that was Banjo's first game
it's also dumb to put worth on Smash characters based on how many games they're in, especially considering that there are some fighters that have had more appearances in Smash than they've had in their main series

Attached: banjobackroom.png (828x621, 656K)

Ah, so now we're revising history and claiming Snake wasn't hype or unexpected at all.

kys, Tooie is amazing

When did I ever tell you to love Shulk and Xenoblade? Is that really all you can do is spin something back around and go "NO U!"?

Geno and Sora are the last major glories from Brawl days, since Melee maybe James Bond is left but that's a bombshell within a bombshell that's never happening nor expected to ever happen.

It’s sad you have to resort to personal attacks on an anonymous person just because you can’t accept that Terry is a fucking boring character. I hope you and the five other Fatal Fury fans enjoy the character for about a day and get bored and move on, just like everyone else will.

>SHULK WAS HYPE AND IF YOU SAY NO YOU ARE WRONG AND AN AUTIST!
Thats basically all your responses. Fuck off.

That was how I reacted to Snake back when Brawl was announced. I had no idea who Snake or the bimbo with blonde hair was and I hated that the game had realistic humans in it. To be fair I was pretty young back then and I'm sure the adults liked it.

Just like Hero right?

Snake, Cloud, and Banjo are all the biggest reactions we’ve ever gotten for characters reveals. With Banjo taking the number 1 spot, and Snake coming in second cause it was so unexpected. Cloud gathered just as much of an unexpected reaction as Snake, but Snake opened the gates like you said. Banjo was the impossible dream, and the internet literally broke into tears when it happened. I believe his reveal trailer is the most watched out of all the Smash trailers, including everyone is here, which says a lot.

>Snake, Cloud, and Banjo are all the biggest reactions we’ve ever gotten for characters reveals.
How about that time Sonic broke the entire internet? Fucking zoomers.

Terry did it.

I love how you can count in two hands the number of games Banjo has appeared in:

Kazooie
Tooie
GR
Pilot
NnB
Diddy Kong Racing
Sonic All Stars Racing
Smash Ultimate

>ACCEPT MY PERSONAL OPINION
How about no, child?

People actually knew and wanted Dragon Quest in Smash in the east and a small bit in the west. I’ve never seen ANYONE advocating for Terry before the SNK copyright leak, where at that point everyone just reluctantly agreed that it was unfortunately him.

Protip: There's more than one person.

>I’ve never seen ANYONE advocating for Terry before the SNK copyright leak, where at that point everyone just reluctantly agreed that it was unfortunately him
Funny, I recall a shitload of Americans being extremely angry at Hero's inclusion, including much of Yea Forums. Meanwhile a shitload of Japanese people went crazy with joy over Terry.

I don't like what you're saying, but you're right.

>if you don’t care about a boring Fatal Fury character you’re a child
Why are boomers so stupid?

James Bond and Spider-Man are the only two non-vidya characters I’d be okay with. And Spidey mostly cause his moveset in Smash would be sick given his abilities.

>being this stupid on purpose
Stop acting like one and you won't be called one, has nothing to do with Terry.

Not every fanabase has to be as loud and autistic as Stevefags or Shantaefags to exist. Terry may not be popular in the US but he had many fans in South America, Japan and China.
Also, don't you dare try to say that anyone supported Hero before the leaks, most people just said "thats Erdrick from the leak" when he showed up. At most there was one user that wanted the DQ3 protag, much like there was one user that wanted Terry.

I’m pretty certain is actually new mods that actually fucking listen
There were still 20 Smash threads even after Terry was announced until the new jannies were accepted

Sonic was already half expected by the time he came out as Ninty and Sega were already super buddy buddy, and iirc, Mario and Sonic games were already being made. Reaction to his reveal was more like MegaMan tier. Excited, but a lot of people already half expected it.

>I’ve never seen ANYONE advocating for Terry before the SNK copyright leak, where at that point everyone just reluctantly agreed that it was unfortunately him.
Except this is exactly what happened with Hero, or should I say "Erdrick from the Vergeben leak"

Funny, cause I literally called an SNK character in the form of Mai months before Terry’s reveal. You people are just retarded.

Did you miss the 20 threads at a time for 3/4th of an entire year?

But user if it were Mai maybe we’d actually have a character that brings something new to the table!

Yeah, huge barely-covered boobies, and that's all that matters!

And how exactly Terry doesn't bring anything new?

All I’m saying an SNK character is super obvious in hindsight and was flying under everyone’s radars for the longest time. My pitch for Mai was literally “she’s flying under all your radars, and she has a better shot than you people like to pretend.”

Hat Ken

take bath

Dante, sora, geno

Tons of people expected someone from SNK, they were the few major japanese corporations left with Koei that didn't have a character yet.

>was literally only available at one store and still sold well enough to greenlight two sequels

this and mods doing their job (rarely)

meme, meme, meme

Nice meme

Yeah like how Cuphead is exclusive to Xbox...wait.

>>was literally only available at one store and still sold well
Sub a million lmao
>>enough to greenlight two sequels
Thats not because of sales, thats because of Shulk being in Smash

People were half-expecting Banjo too, so you'd have to deduct points for the same thing.

While they're all great choices, I still admire the Joker reveal the most for having a little bit of everything in it, while also having the most complete surprise value out of all of them

Kid Icarus is a three game franchise with three characters in Smash

And Sakurai doesn't even know Of Myths and Monsters exists so it's practically a two game franchise

She would literally be no different than Ryu/Ken's "command specials" style of play that Terry's going to end up being and the only reason people wouldn't have made the same distinction would be because she has tits

Don't even try to pretend otherwise

I just want to hear he say "Me bouncy!" in her victory screen

>Iori is shown
>Mexicans get super hyped
>JK it was Terry
>"Terry's cool too"
>Everyone else loses their shit
You only really have choices like KOS-MOS and maybe Bomberman for slot 5 at this point unless Nintendo really wants to scrap the barrel for Takamaru-tier characters only one region knows about.

Attached: 1548901037142.gif (265x385, 430K)

Hero is the best character to play as. don’t @ me

Kos mos is a bottom of the barrel character

Yeah but she's usually Bamco's staple collab character.

>Takamaru-tier characters only one region knows about.
Takamaru would be cool tho. Japanese Link sounds like a great idea to me.

Well it's a lot more honest of an answer than "a character that brings something new to the table" at least.

They would use Heihachi. I don't think they even use Kos-mos or Klonoa for anything anymore
And their JRPG rep would be Lloyd or Yuri and maybe someone from Dot Hack, they never used Souls for any crossover fighter

Sakurai already said no to Heihachi.

>They never used souls for any crossover fighter
Makes it more likely, honesty.

Yeah I know for a good reason to, it's probably why we still don't have a Namco rep cause most of their usual choices are kinda dead

First of all, there are still plenty of smash threads. At least one every day which is more than you can say for most games. Second of all, why would we still be talking about smash? Unless there's actual news, threads are just people screaming at each other that their wishes are irrelevant. We don't know who the last fighter will be. We don't know how Terry will play. We don't even know how many extra fighters there are going to be after the fighters pass. We don't know shit. So it's best to just wait and see.

Besides, with Ridley, K.Rool, and Banjo out of the way there's way less built up angst keeping smash threads going.

i can see why they changed his looks in nuts and bolts,the nose and eyes just look autistic in HD

How do body parts "look autistic"?

I feel like you're missing the point of the picture, user...

>KOS-MOS
She’s “literally who” tier, whose only notoriety is being the titty robot crossover whore no one really knows where she’s from (yes, I know she’s from Xenosaga - most people don’t though). Ryu Hayabusa is a far more meaningful pick for spot 5.

Western Smashfags went berserk and shat their pants because they didn't know what Dragon Quest of all things was
Smashfags don't actually play video games outside of their retarded bubble

Attached: 1560985995257.png (698x706, 203K)

>thing isn't out
>people talk about how excited they are for it
>thing is out
>people get to spend their time enjoying thing rather than talking about it
oh the mystery

Attached: 1517785723333.png (416x514, 149K)

>Hayabusa
He's to far off into Terry territory of dissapointing people and his series is deader then Xenosaga which is technically alive thru Xenoblade. A safe bet is some region netrual fan pick like Crash to end things off on

Weird. It's almost like Smash Brothers is an objectively bad franchise that's only kept afloat because of brand recognition. It's almost like 2D fighters with actual physics just inherently doesn't work.

Terry has just killed a lot of hype for people. I'm personally pretty hyped for him, but the same thing happened when Isabelle was revealed in the base game - the hype died down for a while until the Grinch leak

No, Western gamers just don't play shit turn based JRPG games.

Wow it's almost like you're a trolling retard.

Smashfags don't like any games that aren't inside of their Nintendo bubble, and hardly like any of the games within it to start with
They don't even care about most of the roster objectively

Just like how Japanese gamers don't play shit American fighting games and shooters, hm?

Even if you don't play Dragon Quest I find it very hard to believe that you didn't know the series existed before Smash. Dragon Quest 8 was shilled by Nintendo.

Those 2 genres are actually good though. JRPGs are for straight up fucking losers dude.

If that was the case, explain why Pokemon is one of the biggest franchises over the world, which includes the West. It's a turn based JRPG game that sells well in the West.

>Those 2 genres are actually good though.
lol

Pokemon is for women and children. If you're in your 20s and male playing Pokemon you're definitely a loser. JRPGs are for loser who like playing slow boring games in their room for hours.

>what I like is good, what I hate is shit, this I say so it is fact
Keep telling yourself that, child.

>If you're in your 20s and male playing Pokemon you're definitely a loser.
That sounds like Smash

Attached: 1501540088509.png (736x540, 283K)

Hey buddy. Reddit is 2 blocks down your search history.

>video games is for women and children. If you're in your 20s and male playing video games you're definitely a loser. video games are for loser who like playing video games in their room for hours.

You're literally moving the goal posts. You said Western gamers don't play JRPGs when stuff like Pokemon sells like hot cakes all over. As long as they're from the West and a gamer, then it counts. Don't move the goal posts.

Have you noticed that the major dominant strategy when it comes to ANY Smash Brothers game is short hopping with a neutral air? The reason why is because there are no diagonal attacks in Super Smash Brothers. You can only attack up, down, left, and right. There is literally no response to this other than shorthopping and performing air attacks yourself. Most professional Smash matches are almost never on the ground as a result of this, and it's fucking boring to watch..

Smash Brothers fundamentally doesn't work. If they want to reboot the series and make it more competitively viable then they need to make it like a proper traditional 2D fighter like Street Fighter. They're just objectively bad games with marketable characters in them.

Attached: Untitled.png (897x541, 12K)

I rarely lurk these days but I assume that it's because Banjo always felt like such a never ever that now that he's here, who the fuck else at this point?
Think about it, Yea Forums came around in 2004 right? MS already bought Rare by then. Yea Forums has never existed in a world in which Nintendo and Rare were still doing projects together. It was always through MS, but Yea Forums always had nostalgia regardless. Yea Forums always brought up smash stuff during the Brawl days with Japan time and then the ups and downs of smash 4 and then now with ultimate. Though new characters will still get threads, Banjo was always one of those "should probably be in but will most likely never"
The dog has caught the car it has been chasing all these years but never thought it would catch. So here we are

Nah, JRPGs are objectively terrible games for a certain demograph of faggots with mental issues.

Whats your favorite games, user?

That's actually a very good point user. Everytime someone jumps at me diagonally it's so fucking difficult to respond. I usually have no option but to shield.

This is so adorably hilarious when you faggots start throwing as many buzzwords and retard phrases into your ranting garbage as possible,e specially the "Everyone who likes what I hate has brain damage and is a gooky booky!". Like listening to a toddler angrily babble whatever words it's heard before flopping to the floor screaming and flailing.

Attached: haters gonna hate.gif (505x300, 2.91M)

Fucking this. Nintendo has been selling us all garbage with cereal mascots slapped onto it.

There isn't any good game

do you hate fun?

Nope. In fact, I like good video games.

And by "good" you mean "must be exactly like whatever super-ultra-competitive fighting game is my favorite because everything must be like that or else poopie dookie".

user, do you really think Shorthopping Simulator is fun?

Since I'm not an autistic tourneyfag, yes I do enjoy Smash Bros. As well as other fighting games ebcause again I'm not autistic.

Yes actually

DKC 2/TF
Banjo Kazooie
Street fighter 3/4
Killer instinct
MegaMan and the X series and Legends
Ninja Gayden 2
Star Fox 64
Castlevania series
Link's Awakening LTTP
MGS 1

There's a couple others but I don't feel listing them all. Most games suck desu but JRPGS are bottom of the barrel shit they're near phone games level of bad.

Hey, that's fair enough. Might I recommend watching paint dry too? That also seems like your speed.
This isn't some hyper-autistic strat that only tourney players know about. This is pretty basic stuff that any Smash noob can pull off. Do you REALLY enjoy having to short hop just to not be crippled in a fight?

>cereal mascots
Quantify this in words

Holy shit, this is the most "PLEASE DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME, Yea Forums" list of games I've ever seen.

>all bad games

>being this mad you can't shorthop competently
>sucking this much at a baby game

Shit taste

meant for

>MGS 1
Why do you like movie games?

I can shorthop competently. In fact, that's the only way to make this shitty game playable.

lets fight, user

You can call them bad games but they're nowhere near JRPG levels of bad.

Attached: 1560081538969.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Yes they are

It's a few things

1. Banjo was the last humongous fan request, now that he's in there's no real reason for a lot of his fans to rosterfag, especially now that he's new and they could be busy playing him
2. Terry was an incredibly unhype addition in spite of what contrarians on here will tell you
3. The Switch was in a game drought for the first half of the year, and that's far from the case now

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and enjoy the absence of rosterfag threads

>street fighter 3
>bad
Faggot.

>Banjo was the last humongous fan request

Geno and Doomslayer?

>Inb4 contrarians coming out of the woodwork

Know what would be pretty hype? Stages from games that don't have workable characters. Take Shadow of the Colossus for example, there's no way Wander can be a playable character, but you can make an incredible stage out of it.
-four different variations that are picked randomly
-each variation is a different Colossus and its arena: Gaius, Phaedra, Basaran, and Phalanx
-Gaius and Phaedra you fight on the ground with the Colossus in the background, Phaedra's arena is in front of the crypt opening with the flat ground and the curve of the entrance above that's a soft platform, sometimes it approaches the foreground and attacks (Gaius will do its wide swing slam and its straight downward stab, Phaedra stomps several times in different spots with its legs before bending down to look into the crypt, creating some ledges and walls
-Basaran and Phalanx you fight atop them while they move around, Basaran will sometimes shake trying to throw the fighters off while Phalanx will tilt and barrel roll and dive into the sand then come out after 15 seconds or so
-Wander and Agro sometimes appear to distract and fight the Colossi
And not forgetting that incredible soundtrack to fight to.

Attached: SMASH SOTC.jpg (1920x1080, 1.28M)

>Banjo was the last humongous fan request
Meanwhile Isaacfags are basically now nonexistent

I really want Master Chief in Smash. I know he'll never get in, especially before Doomguy. But fuck me, that would make me so happy. Especially the fucking music, my god.

Attached: 1553114997553.gif (500x570, 465K)

>2. Terry was an incredibly unhype addition in spite of what contrarians on here will tell you
I love this, "Don't listen to THEM, listen to ME, and -I- say it's SHIT and that is FACT!".

Nah, your 90 hour visual novel, friend simulator, turn based, phone games is worst genre ever created. It's for absolute losers.

Neutral Special) Energy Sword (locks onto a nearby target like Sonic's spindash)
Side Special) Assault Rifle/Battle Rifle
Up Special) Grav Lift
Down Special) Switch between AR and BR
Final Smash) Giving the Covenant back their bomb

Attached: Halo_TheHunterandtheHunted14.jpg (622x415, 23K)

That didn't contradict what I said

Geno was a big request in the Brawl era, he's fallen a lot in over the past decade as his only game gets more distant and more obscure.

Doomguy had pretty much no support before the 2016 reboot. He was pretty comparable to Duke Nukem when the ballot actually happened. I feel like it's too soon to call him a huge fan request, he's also super unlikely and I'm saying this as a doomfag

go back to your favela, Joao

>It's for absolute losers.
perfect for the Smash audience

Attached: 1551554123767.jpg (480x360, 27K)

>Geno was a big request in the Brawl era, he's fallen a lot in over the past decade as his only game gets more distant and more obscure.

Sorry, I disagree. Lots of people still want Geno. It only seems like it's died down because Yea Forums has a REALLY strange and rabid hateboner towards him for some reason.

While you're right about Doomguy, I feel like the fact that we live in a post-Terry world shows that Sakurai is willing to dig deep for potential fighters.

Those are all good games except for MGS, and I also hate turn based combat that isn't in a Mario RPG, but you seem like you're trying to appease Yea Forums with that list and those aren't your genuine favorites. If someone doesn't have at least one controversial game on their favorites list I don't take them seriously

only fighting game fans from 3rd world countries gave a fuck about terry. people act because just because people know who he is, that they fucking care. the only fighting games normal people recognize are street fighter and mortal kombat

second reply was meant for

>hurr if it's not OO-ESS-AY it thirda worlda xD
So Japan is a third world country now in order to fit your personal opinions?

Post your Japanese ID, prove you're not a spic

>normal people
I'd like to say that it shouldn't matter because this is Yea Forums, but Yea Forums changed a long time ago

Attached: 1404265783964.gif (500x375, 497K)

>the only fighting games normal people recognize are street fighter and mortal kombat
No Tekken or MvC?
It's actually funny seeing how Tekkenfags reaction to Geese in Tekken 7 is a lot different compared to Smash

Attached: 1562004185310.gif (267x320, 452K)

>now he's trying to say Japan wasn't hype for Terry

rate my favourites fag

banjo-kazooie/tooie
dragon quest 11
donkey kong country 2&3
crash bandicoot 1&2
pre-mannconomy team fortress 2
pre-7.0 dota 2
MGSV
diablo 2
binding of isaac
doom 1&2
dark souls series (minus DaS2)
shadow of the colossus

>The reason why is because there are no diagonal attacks in Super Smash Brothers.
Technically some do exist, but the problems is that not only are they inconsistent (as in only certain characters can do this), but unless it's disjointed as hell and fast enough, these sorts of moves aren't anti-airing anything

Attached: H5zaUir.gif (320x230, 138K)

smash ultimate sold over 13 million copies, normal people make up the majority of the playerbase

tekken is a fighting game for fighting game fans and MvC is a shitty novelty game

Tekken players enjoy guest characters in their game. Smashfags scream and rage and shit themselves into a faggot frenzy because why they personally want hasn't gotten in yet so they constantly say shit like "I hate therefore all hate!" and "I ignorant therefore all stupid!" and spend days and threads constantly ranting about how much they hate all the characters.

>dragon quest
>dota
>dkc 3

fucking terrible

This is also the same board that's flabbergasted that Undertale is actually popular in Japan and it's not just a tumblr fanbase like Yea Forums likes to whine about

only idiots would think undertale wouldn't do well in japan. undertale is nothing but anime references and JRPG subversions, JRPG's being literally the ONLY genre japanese people seem to actually care about.

They love Mario, too.

Japan was not as hyped for terry as they would have been for over a dozen other characters, also there are virtually no japanese people on Yea Forums so it's a moot point and he's an unhype addition on Yea Forums

Or, you know, because its fun.

dkc 3 is a good game with an ugly protagonist. it had incredible usage of vertical space

dota is literally addictive and it's fun to shit on people
dragon quest 11 on hard mode actually required strategy and had a fuckload of playtime.

>i hate therefore all hate stop saying otherwise what i say goes

>JRPG's being literally the ONLY genre japanese people seem to actually care about.
What about Zeldafags and Shmups

>i like therefore all like stop saying otherwise what i say goes

Wow, it's almost like Smash's only value is the guest characters. Tekken is a good game, Smash Brothers isn't.

they love mario for patriotic BS reasons, if it was any other character they wouldn't touch it, if it was made in the states they wouldn't touch it.

if half of Yea Forums barely knows or cares who the fuck terry is, just imagine how fucking confused the average normie from the 13+m smash owners is.

>Japan doesn't like fighting games anymore

When I made that list It definitely crossed my mind that it came off ass kissy to Yea Forums but those are genuinely games that are some of my favorites so it makes sense that I'd list all the best ones. Coming up with a controversial favorite game is pretty tough.

The only games I like that I can think of that are kinda controversial are

Rock n roll racing
Super ghouls and ghost
Fitness boxing
Rhythm Heaven
Pocket fighter

Uhhhh idk final fight? Earthworm Jim? Travis strikes again?

Why is smash bros bad?

zelda is nintendo and nintendo games a free pass to do whatever they want over there. schmups are only played by the PC autists. you go l

>patriotic BS reasons
Which is?

see

it's almost like smash bros is a light-hearted mascot party game where the characters actually matter, and tekken is just a fighting game where the movesets are paramount and they could slap any character or ragdoll on top of them and the players wouldn't care or notice.

>it's almost like smash bros is a light-hearted mascot party game

Right, so it's a bad game that's no different from that shitty Universal Studios game on the Gamecube.

>you go l
user?

Attached: 1554204569646.png (837x610, 698K)

xenophobia. nintendo is japanese! nintendo saved the videogame industry! japan saved the video game industry!

Man you people are lazy as fuck, can't even come up with your own comebacks so you just "NO U!".

Why are some anons so obsessed with everything having DMC or Tekken levels of autistic depth to them? What's wrong with a game that's simple and fun?

smash bros isn't a fighting game. it's a casual mascot brawler party game that was originally marketed to kids

>if half of Yea Forums barely knows or cares who the fuck terry is, just imagine how fucking confused the average normie from the 13+m smash owners is.
Why do you assume the rest of the world is as ignorant and retarded as you are?

That's a nice way of saying Japan actually hates video games

I mean you're not putting a whole lot of effort into arguing so why should I?

have you considered that maybe smash bros wasn't made for you? the point of the game is to have fun playing as your favourite A-list video game characters in an actually enjoyable format.

You just suck shit at the game user, fight me, coward.

What does your "waah why is Smash not Street Fighter V or Mortal Kombat 11?!" whining have to do with your "patriotic BS" claim?

Is that why they like Banjo so much?

If you went on twitter following terry's announcement you'd know

That doesn't count or matter, never mention it.

Fleshing out representation beyond just characters with matching stages would be nice but probably isn't viable or profitable enough for them.

I pointed out how you dipshits always try the "I am all of the world and all the world is me" idiocy because you want so badly to think that the planet is as stupid, ignorant, or retarded as you are in order to make your claims sound valid.

Right, and it's bad.
I just don't understand why you Smashfags have an obsession with shitting on your own game. You people hype this garbage up beyond belief when your favorite video game mascot is in it, but when it comes to the ACTUAL GAME then you idiots just shrug and say "Oh, it's a party game!" This doesn't excuse the fact that Smash Brothers is a bad video game.
>What does your "waah why is Smash not Street Fighter V or Mortal Kombat 11?!" whining have to do with your "patriotic BS" claim?
Sorry, that wasn't me. I just wanted to interject with my opinion.

According to twitter Sans is a better addition than Hero, Banjo, and Terry combined

I saw plenty of people excited for Terry. Also I thought Yea Forums despised every website that isn't Yea Forums, so why are you worshiping what twitter thinks?

nigger, most people don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to video games. the average person knows mario. pikachu. pac-man. whatever shit is being shown in the commercials that week.

try to figure out what Penang assam laksa or tom kha kai are without using google, compare that to how well you know shit like ketchup or spaghetti, and you have an accurate idea of how much the average person knows about video games.

she's in

Attached: 1557526339811.jpg (900x901, 726K)

Doesn't hurt to try. The indie crowd is happy that Shantae has Spirits, Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy, and Sans is a Mii costume, I'm sure the fans of other games would enjoy having stages and music from the games they like.

Having to short hop to counter attacks is not an argument, retard.

And they're right, because I hate those characters.

japan liked banjo in the 90's, just like they liked crash in the 90's. nowadays only jap boomers give a single fuck about either while younger japs wonder why they aren't made in japan or feature kawaii anime girls

>look at Yea Forums's reaction to the SNK leak/Terry's announcement
>it's very negative overall
>state that that was my observation in this thread
>n-n-n-no I like him though, stop pretending that all of Yea Forums agrees with you

Speak. For. Yourself.
Terry reveal got me excited & I will buy it, destroying ignorant, hating zoomers afterwards!

Short hopping isn't a counter attack. It is the attack, the counter attack, the defensive, and the aggressor. Short hopping IS Smash Brothers.

What is "the average person"? The average American is stupider than a sack of shit and can't find Australia on a map with glowing neon signs pointing to it or even the state they live in. Meanwhile the average Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese person was very happy for Terry.

Most young Japanese fans were wondering why the fuck Banjo got in over another Fire Emblem character.

Oh I do. I also hate Yea Forums though so that's pretty meaningless.

>"guys Yea Forums represents the entire planet, we are legion for we are many!"

>nowadays the Japanese hate literally everything ever made
Fixed

>nowadays the Americans hate literally everything ever made
FTFY

I said that smash hype ON Yea Forums died down because Yea Forums doesn't care about Terry. Stop moving the goalposts.

It's because I'm too busy enjoying finally being able to play as him.

Attached: 1552426573572.png (1090x1070, 1.18M)

I mean what is there to talk about? There are better places to talk about tournaments and you can only shit on online so much before it gets tiresome. Smash reveals are hype because they're news and it's a celebration of gaming.

>nowadays everyone hates literally everything ever made
fixed-fixed

Attached: 1363385599339.png (330x328, 89K)

so japan and two shit in a hole third world countries?

You suck at videogames, user

Japan's a racist perverted shit hole. They hate foreigners and spit on them any chance they get and grope women on subways and buses. truly awful people.

but why does that make it a bad game?

It means the game is not designed well.

>How does one hyper-specific tactic that nullifies the entire game make it bad?

>and it's a celebration of gaming.
Rosterfags only care about this when it can be used to boost their ego

You sound like faggots who can't play the game.

>getting a High Charity stage with a port of the halo 2 theme
Sakurai could finally rest...

It's not a matter of skill it's the simple fact that the game is badly made.

You have yet to prove me wrong, user.

you have no idea what you're talking about because you have no skill, user.

threads like these are why no one should actually take Yea Forums seriously
it just devolves into people trying to be more contrarian than the other guy

Attached: 1539287064444.gif (500x628, 168K)

Nair's can be diagonal attacks, it's up to you to get a feeling for the animation and when the character will connect with that angle depending on who you're using. simon can whip in the air diagonally and it honestly doesn't make that much of a difference. The skill ceiling for smash is actually incredibly high, you won't get a single stock with a really good player.

>Nair's can be diagonal attacks
Yes, and that's the problem.

Sounds like cope to me then.

I'm coping because I'm pointing out the fact that the entire game boils down to Nair's?

That's not true though, it's more about timing, reflexes, knowing the characters. You need fast fingers.

>There will never ever be a Viva Pinata on Switch
It fucking hurts bros...

Ultimately no pun intended the main strategy of this game is trying to hit your opponent in an awkward spot that he can't defend again. That doesn't require timing and reflexes, that just requires you to know how to shorthop.

>If they want to reboot the series and make it more competitively
found your problem, buddy
it's not a competitive game, it's a party game

Smash Brothers is, by definition, a competitive game. You are COMPETING against someone.

Attached: 1560273360497.jpg (999x583, 90K)

I'm sorry brotha but this is cope, I'm not even good and I know this isn't true. A really good player can beat you just with throws, they will spike you inevitably. If you can just be really good at dodging you could beat most people with a single move. With some characters Nair's are only a mild disorientation, and an Ike spamming Nair's will get punished quickly if you can time your response correctly.

Thank God. The last update killed Smash, so might as well kill the threads too.

Sometimes when I see a terrible opinion with a majority rule I wish I could hire a hitman to massacre every single person with that opinion until I dont see it anymore. I think dictatorships were onto something there.

This.
>Yea Forums too young to know what SNK is
>Fatal Fury is a fighting game, requiring button inputs and skill
>Fatal Fury is 'old' so over half of /v'/ dismisses it as is
>Not being a platformer or a game with instant gratification repels them from coming in and shitting up the already small fanbase in comparison
All the faggots requesting for their character are on the ropes in fear of another 'boomer' character appearing and not their X SHOULD BE IN BECAUSE X COMES OUT AND WOULD BE UNIQUE AND BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THE CHARACTER YOU SUGGEST

tl;dr Terry is the ultimate pleb filter. I don't care for him but I like what he's doing.

Attached: 1532730845259.jpg (400x366, 62K)

When they announced they were going to have additional characters past the Fighter Pass, my first thought was "oh god the shitposting will just get worse" but then the opposite happened, and it actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it.
Before that announcement, many people were pretty sure the Fighter Pass would be it, so there were strictly-defined limitations for who could get in - third-party characters only (probably) and no more than two of them, with MAYBE a slight chance of one more surprise like Piranha Plant. So Yea Forums was filled with hotly contested arguments about who was worthy of those precious two slots.
But then when the Direct hit, those requirements all disappeared - there are more slots than we though, but we don't know HOW MANY more, and Terry, a relatively less-known and far less-speculated and less-shitposted character got in.
So now there's no framework for shitposting. "Literally who" characters can get in. First-party characters can get in. Characters from devs who already have reps (like another Sega character or whatnot) can get in. Spirits can get in, since any post-Pass characters almost certainly weren't planned when the Spirit lineup was chosen unlike Pass characters.
95% of the appeal of rosterfag threads to shitposters was shooting down characters other people wanted, and now that's pretty much impossible. Well, MOSTLY impossible, KOS-MOS is still never gonna happen you retard waifufags.

thank you, thanos

>Nobody gives a fuck that hes in the game now. What is going on?
Secondaries don't play games, rosterfags get bodied and drop the game in a week. It's all about the drama and shitposting.

>mfw geese mii and remix are essentially locked in
i can finally live out my dream of counterthrowing quickplay faggots as geese

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Terry was such a bad choice that it actually literally killed Smash on Yea Forums. It happened faster than the death of Trollface. I'm stunned.

He's not even in the game yet! How can one character be so hated?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>Also notice how the moment he gets released everyone shuts up about him? Nobody gives a fuck that hes in the game now. What is going on?
I've been playing, faggot. And I no longer have use for rumors and speculation now that I have my never ever.

This is one of the worst fucking posts I have ever read about Smash Bros.

Neutral aerials ALL ATTACK DIAGONALLY you faggot. They go in a complete circle most of the time, and cover every direction.

You think this is any different in traditional fighting games? Very few characters have moves that go diagonally, and in Smash they do exist, fucking Ganondorf's down B in the air comes to mind. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Most of the ""hype"" was crafted by steveposters who got permanently erased off the face of the internet after Banjo got revealed.

Then Terry came which invalidated basically every single speculations, so people have come to terms that they just have no idea who Nintendo is gonna choose next and that it really is anybody's game.

Honestly, Banjo was a two game wonder at best. The only reason why faggots wanted him in is cause "muh nostalgia."
And then he was shit tier anyway.

Fatal Furyfags hate him because they'd rather have Mai instead
SNKfags hate him because they'd rather have Metal slug instead
Terryfags hate him because they'd rather have his #pranked skin instead
Smashbabies hate him because all they see is Ken with hat

Pretty much
Banjo killed the hype in a good way
He’s the ultimate never ever and he’s in

At this point I’m completely satisfied
If I also get Demifiend, Travis touchdown and Rex I’ll never ask for anything ever again

how can one post be this wrong

I didn't even want Ken. Hell, I didn't even want Ryu. Ryu is already in a fighting game. I thought the point of Smash was to alter a non-fighter to make them a Smash character. But there's Ryu with all of his moves from his original game. What the fuck.

>The reason why is because there are no diagonal attacks in Super Smash Brothers. You can only attack up, down, left, and right.
Tilts can be angled diagonally, you moron.

Already covered a million times but the roster satisfies 99% of fans. The big never evers, K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo are in. Those were the #1 requests for years.

Other characters who had lots of requests like Isaac and Waluigi got cucked into being assist trophy, but any hype for them died down because we just don't know WTF will be added, but mostly looking like no first party.

Terry shut up a lot of contrarians and Steveposter-tier fags. All they can do is whinge about how Edelgard or Astral Chain guy should be in because their game came out so they're relevant.

I'm mostly happy and satisfied myself being a massive K. Roolfag. However, you have to wonder how this series fucking continues next game, and if the reveals will just have zero hype eventually when all these characters are cut, and there's literally nothing but shit like Shantae to add.

You say that but Yea Forums constantly made threads shitting on BOTW for over 2 years straight

Bairs are straight up better than Nairs on most characters, but you don't actually know how to play, so you wouldn't actually know that.
Also, Uairs are also very often better than Nairs.

After Sonic, Mega Man and Simon Belmont there was no character who deserved to be in Smash.

Banjo does not deserve to be in Smash. That's why people thought it would be funny to ask for him. Sakurai took the joke seriously and that's also funny.

Banjo Kazooie is a better game than any of those 3 have ever been in ya faggot

banjo was the last never ever
now that he's in, the west is at a loss on who they want next so all the threads die out

Doomguy. But rosterfags stopped liking him for some reason. I guess Crash too

fpbp fuck rosterfags.

>Was it always about Banjo this whole time?
Literally fucking yes. Why do you think he managed to consistently be a top fan pick for over 15 years?

>Banjo does not deserve to be in Smash. That's why people thought it would be funny to ask for him
Incorrect. Banjo and Kazooie have remained defacto Nintendo icons for an entire generation of gamers. Banjo has just as much business being in Smash as Ness, Captain Falcon, and ROB.

Better at what, exactly? Killing? Most of the match is about building the damage, which Nairs are superior at, in general.

So none whatsoever, then?

Attached: Goemon.jpg (290x324, 23K)

Depending on your perspective, pretty much, yeah. Still in, though.