Explain to me how Marche wasn't the bad guy

Explain to me how Marche wasn't the bad guy.

Attached: 40-capture_06102010_211128.png (480x320, 38K)

In the opening cutscene a lot of people get turned into monsters. Not everyone got to be a furry wizard.

um... because Marche was right? fix your problems, don't run away from them.

and "running away" is not fixing them

he basically just pulled a "no u" on mewt, how was he the bad guy?

Attached: 1386866186101.png (318x470, 60K)

running away did solve them though, the real problem is that by solving them that way he also inadvertently created problems for other people instead

His brother was a stupid spoiled brat that needed a wake-up call. And Mewt wanted to be a stupid spoiled brat, and needed a wake-up call to stop that.

A lot of people that weren't disabled got put in the fantasy world too. People that actually had lives to live. If it was just the cripple it'd be harmless to let him do as he wants, and Marche would be the villain, but you can't hold people hostage in a VR simulation against their will. Ain't cool.
A better ending would be Marche finding a way to send everyone else back, an option to convince the cripple to come back to leave him, and a final option to stay with cripple or leave him there.

He isn't the bad guy but he was jerk.

It's said that the new world is an illusion, but the original world was hardly any more "solid" considering a grimoire was able to suppress and replace it.

>Explain to me how Marche wasn't the bad guy.
If he isn't the bad guy, why is there postgame content?

This, the bullies got turned into zombies iirc and it trapped the souls of everyone in town. Mewt may have gotten an awesome life but not everyone did.

as a hedonist i disagree with his rejection of Nozick's experience machine

how can you know for sure which world is more 'real'?

whilst this might be true, i don't ever recall it being part of Marche's motive or reasoning during the game

Because even if you run away from your problems, eventually there will be a day where "Run" is against the laws of Ivlace, and Marche hates the system.

it was a fake reality

Attached: FFTAIsAFalseReality.png (480x640, 53K)

Mewt is a little fuckin faggot and doesn't deserve to be the prince of some gay fantasy world at the expense of everybody else

Attached: mewt.png (450x532, 556K)

But perception makes reality.

because it's escapism can't you see that it's not healthy

Because the entire founding principal of Ivalice is that might makes right. Marche started at nothing, and each time he destroyed a totema, the built in safeguards tried to stop him, but he was stronger.
It's not so much an issue of Marche being the villain, but no one else was able to stop him (Mewt specifically) despite this was HIS IDEAL WORLD.
tl;dr:Either Mewt wanted this to happen, or was too much of a cuck to stop it, either way Marche played by the rules of the game, and won.

I'm also incredibly bitter I restarted this game three times as a kid, probably 600 hours total or so, and each time got in some unbeatable logic loop where I could not 100% the game and unlock Cid.

>and each time got in some unbeatable logic loop where I could not 100% the game and unlock Cid.
How?
Just do the extra character recruit missions until Cid's corrupt judge sidequests pop up
How do you fuck that up?

perception means shit when the game outright says "this is a false reality"

Marche is one of the best FF characters. Does anyone else even elicit as much debate as he does?

That was a long time ago, but you had to do all 300 base missions from what I recall, and some of them needed mission items that somehow the quest chain for broke and I could never get those last few missions done. I had everyone else like Ritz, but never got Cid.

The real world exists in a video game, not just Ivalice. It was a meta joke.

Mewt has no right to keep Marche in the fantasy world against his will, and acting like Marche is a bad guy for trying to go home when he was taken against his will is wrong.

Marche just wanted to go home and play vidya, how is he the bad guy for wanting that?

>Marche discovers the simulation argument
>proceeds to destroy the universe

Attached: Nick-Bostrom-speaker.jpg (302x356, 34K)

I'd rather not because I believe that all the kids were horrible and that they all acted out of self-interest. Even Marche's excuse about escapism seems to fall flat when the world they will return to is enough to drive the three other kids mad. Thankfully that wasn't the ending and all the kids eventually grew into proper adults thanks to the lessons they learned in Ivalice. Marche was a fag for endangering their futures by returning prematurely to the normal world without the other kids getting over their own issues. Ritz wouldn't have been over her albino complex had Marche succeeded earlier and she have not bonded with her Viera clanmates. The other two kids' issues thankfully needed actual convincing from Marche, but if he just mowed over them and their feelings they would likely return to the normal world more broken than before.

It doesn't say that.

see

The Li-Grim is the god of the dream Ivalice. She holds the world together so long as Mewt alone wishes it. It is a dream.

Daily reminder that this screencap is out of context.
She's not saying that Ivalice isn't real in that cut scene, she's asking if Marche believes that Ivalice isn't real.

This.
Mewt is nothing more than a kidnapper trying to Stockholm Syndrome Marche and co into staying, because he objectively gains from trapping his friends via becoming the god damn king while the rest of them were literally just dumped in the streets.

>how can you know for sure which world is more 'real'?

considering has the game outright admit that it's a false reality. His world is more real

>Daily reminder that this screencap is out of context.
is this the only "argument" FFTA fans have to the truth? Laughable

Attached: laughatyou.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Nope not seeing it.

>becoming the god damn king
Man that "Present Day" Mission flashbacks suddenly.
Heh.

What a cunt Mewt was.

>The world is a dream
so what?

Attached: steak.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Noooooo stop enjoying things it's not real just because it looks, tastes, smells, and is otherwise indistinguishable from Steak doesn't mean you're allowed to enjoy it ok?

willful blindess is a very childish response

The world was eating the souls of those trapped in it to keep the world alive. This is obviously bad and makes Marche the hero for trying to save everyone from their own stupidity in wanting to stay in a fake world that allows them to run away from their problems.

Anyone that thinks Marche is wrong is literally retarded and has their own life issues that they don't want to face. Fucking pussies.

>The world was eating the souls of those trapped in it to keep the world alive

No it wasn't this is something somebody made up. There were no negative consequences from staying in the world.

You can stay in your ideal world while getting to escape your problems and die a quick death, there's nothing wrong with this.

>except for those bullies that got turned into zombies and killed

>ends dream ivalice
>mewt becomes a well-adjusted man with a stable career and fabulous hair
did him a big favor

Them having the same names is pure coincidence.

Marche is Chad and taught his dumbass friends to stop whining, face life's difficulties and deal with it anyway. Based little boy, he's pretty much the embodiment of redpill inside that context

Attached: fsdfsd.png (400x323, 61K)

Most people was fine with ancap kingdom though.

You probably discarded some essential quest ingredient item at some point. That's how I fucked up at first, but got it right after another 200hours of game

Cid isn't even that great desu, he's just a buffed up Paladin, with shitty move range and some debuff magic

>escapism bad, reality good
Fuck off, stupid game.

Is A2 any good?

It is mechanically improved in almost every way. But it doesn't have a controversial plot and much of the good stuff happens in the sidequests, so it isn't talked about anywhere near as much.

>tfw FFTA2 literally blows the "its a real world" meme out of the water due to it literally being just a magical story book
>mewt is literally a fucking librarian in 2

He's not wrong, but the way the game presents it it's like he spends over half the game trying to destroy the fantasy world for no real reason and then when he's confronted he makes up reasoning for his actions on the spot. It didn't have to be like that but square is full of incompetent retards.

The Grimoire of the Rift took Luso to the real Ivalice, user. That doesn't mean the Ivalice in FFTA is any more real though. That one was created by the Gran Grimoire. Luso had both spelltomes and gave the now-empty Grimoire of the Rift to Luso as a summer journal for his school assignment at the end.

>Luso
I mean Mewt. Mewt is the collector of powerful spelltomes.

Its 95% gameplay, which is several times better than the first game. It is very light on the story, and the story is more about lore than an actual plot. I personally love it, and literally my only gripe is that the MC and Frimelda have no unique class or skills (Frimelda should have been a unique sword saint class dammit).

>Frimelda
My waifu.

>user doesn't understand the point of one of the best parts of the game episode

Marche's logic is flawed. What he's saying is understandable, but for most of the game, you just don't know if you agree with him. You play representing one side of the larger story and the player may not necessarily agree with him. It's just another thing that makes the story so strong. I remember feeling conflicted during the the whole game.

I might've used Frimelda had she joined much sooner. But she joins so late and by then I already had my team of randoms that I grew to like so a Hume with only Double Sword wasn't worth shafting my regular team for. That's like one of my major issues with the game, Adelle joins quick so she's easy to slot in, but Cid, Frimelda, Hurdy, Vaan, Penelo, Al-Cid, and Montblanc all join super late when I don't really want new members and like my team.

>The world was eating the souls of those trapped in it to keep the world alive.
Open your eyes, you slave of the demiurge

Magic system is garbage though; starting at 0 mp while recharging a small amount every turn was a retarded change from the first game.

The game is an allegory for immigration. Stay and try to overcome adversity in your own country or just escape to another country where you'll have it easy.
If you're the (((kind of person))) that thinks countries should have open borders, then he is the bad guy.

>MP Haste
>Stackable Half MP
>Blood Price
>Ether Shell
Plenty of ways to exploit it and fire off Ultimas every turn.

But you have to sacrifice awesome spell buffs to normal cast and give you all those plus mp gain abilities. I'd rather have geomancy or turbo mp or whatever to boost damage, but you'd have to wait several turns to cast normal spells instead.

Basically if you think Marche was right you're at least mostly sane and living in the real world, if you think he was wrong you're a neet who would jump at the chance to be a human battery

Being a human battery in exchange for a life of adventure sounds like a better trade of my labor then being a wageslave and getting a crummy apartment.

Or you could work in reality to make life better for yourself and others. Besides, it's more likely you end up as fodder for the MC than an adventurer

I think this thread can be summarized in one question:

Would you rather be a harvester or live in harvest?

Attached: Stevemason.png (811x509, 729K)

I'd rather erase the game Harvester from all known existences, thank you very much

thats bullshit mom

>he didn't like harvester
what are you a faggot?

What are you, a psychopath?

Basically called out the audience for sheltering behind video games instead of facing the real world. One of the best indirect fourth wall breaks

YES

Because he was a cute shota with a cute butt.

The real, ultimate truth of The Matrix is that the machines were designed to do exactly what they did.

Sucks to be Newt I guess.

Yes it is, go play the whole game. In fact Marche also got tempted with the world too and even considered its positives. It's never up for debate, but the internet is full of retards.

You are shooting yourself not using Adelle anyway with her OP skills. Same with Vaan to a lesser extent with his broken sky pirate skills. Penelo also has some very strong options as a hume with viera classes. But I do agree about the rest. Frimelda always ends up useless because when I get her shes had so many levels in paladin her speed stat is genuine garbage, making her pointless.

It's okay, worth a shot. But moogles continue being useless and the MC is an annoying little shit

>Ultima + Fusilers
>Jugglers
>Time Mages
>>Useless
Bitch please

I can't believe spy kids 3d stole the plot from this

their time mages are just worse than moogle and hume time mages and jugglers cant get dual wield like ninjas can

>and hume time mages
what
humes dont get that job

It wasn't really made clear how Ivalice was fake.

Like, would it go on forever? If you stepped outside the boundary of Mewts imagination then was it just an empty void? Was the rest of the real world still going on?

If we actually saw some consequences of the fake world being a problemo then we could more easily rationalize it being unappealing.

The only thing worthwhile in that list is Fusilier. All other races do the job much better in their respective classes, like Nu mous. Shit like moogle knight and chocobo knight continue being one shot'd in everything/causing no damage, therefore useless

yeah i fucked that thought up, i was meaning to say hume disablers are better than jugglers cuz they cant dual wield like ninjas

>hume disablers
'disabler' isnt a job class either
are you high or something?

>you were the bad guy all along

Attached: weebs btfo.png (1323x469, 28K)