Just bought this game because it looks cool and I wanna support Blasphemous Thread devs. What am I in for?

Just bought this game because it looks cool and I wanna support Blasphemous Thread devs. What am I in for?

Attached: IMG_20190921_191949.jpg (720x515, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WQH1rBYTmeM
youtube.com/watch?v=gz4ok417pjY
youtube.com/watch?v=cNSszoCt3wI
youtube.com/watch?v=8UaQ251kgEM
youtube.com/watch?v=knd5OibK_TI
www2.zippyshare.com/v/KvYcxHql/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The song in mother of mothers slaps.

An ok experience that is partially fun

this is high level trolling

youtube.com/watch?v=WQH1rBYTmeM

Attached: 1559221172016.png (725x550, 439K)

youtube.com/watch?v=gz4ok417pjY
youtube.com/watch?v=cNSszoCt3wI
youtube.com/watch?v=8UaQ251kgEM

Some personal favorites

Attached: ED8rzdyUUAAuch0.jpg large.jpg (1000x848, 87K)

>Vuestra Faz Denegrida

Attached: flaming-thumbs-up-drawing_csp54570096.jpg (450x456, 53K)

As i said in the other thread, the only issue i got was the lack of backstory for the bosses. Why they became "bosses" instead of regular monsters? Where they did come from? The only bosses who have some backstory and reason are Crisanta and Escobar, correct me if i'm wrong.

Our lady of ugliness also has a back story.

A mediocre game made by anti-Christian commie SJW devs

HOLY FUCKING BASED

Are there only three transport temples in the whole game?
Also, I missed tree man quest, am I fucked?

Still can't believe we are graced with such inspired OST.

5, there's two more after the bridge. You're only fucked missing tree dude if you wanted 100% in one file.

Any other games with biblepunk aesthetics?

SORROWFUL BE THE HEART PENITENT ONE.

I thought it was worth it just because I actually love Catholic iconography and was glad to see it used for something fun. It could have used some more mechanically complicated bosses though.

Quirce The Flaming Hot Heretic has some.

There's some on the nearby corpses if you have the veil that lets you speak with them on.
One of them goes on about how Exposito was the son of a witch, whose only wish before they burned her was to have a wicker figure made in her image to hold him. Then the miracle came along and fucked up Exposito and gave life to the wicker figure.

Attached: 20190914233150_1.jpg (1920x1200, 288K)

so is the game gud?, considering pirating it.

>Anti-Christian/Catholic
>Pro-Christian/Catholic
I'm lost. WHICH IS IT?!

Neither.

Blasphemous thread will never be a meme

Cool art but I can't stand playing hard games anymore. Too much of a bother.

No matter your stance on religion, Imagine actually paying for a game made by unironic marxists.

>marxist
>buy

Attached: 1565565782868.gif (498x600, 984K)

The fact that there's no spanish VA option is already BLASPHEMOUS

b-based
Based.
BASED!

A bunch of spanish dudes who may or may not be christian themselves decided to take a lot of inspiration from the attires and general aesthetics of the religious festivals of their home region and made a pixelshit metroidvania game out of it because they're a literally who indie dev with no money for anything better.

Sound good?

It's a cultural piece taking influence from Baroque art, Castilian folklore, and Catholic iconography.

This game fucking sucks. Every boss after the first one is just a floating .jpg stuck on the background

Indeed. If they had good spanish VAs it would be perfect. The mere fact of putting the text in spanish or portuguese makes the "catholic" aspect of it shines in double.

Pixelshit implies laziness or lack of effort or confidence in the art - this game has a very strong sense of artistic cohesion, and its pixel art is very detailed. Just because a game is in 2D pixel art doesn’t mean it’s in the same artistic vein as something like fez

The cold war ended 30 years ago, m8.

>commie SJW devs
are they really? What did they do?

the culture war is here

It's bait posted every single thread to derail into politiniggery.

>who may or may not be christian themselves
the city they come from is one of the biggest liberal antifa hives in spain you dumbshit

Attached: 1559892652958.jpg (500x500, 76K)

Why the fuck do you motherfuckers always make threads asking what you're in for when you've bought the fucking game just launch it and play it at that point damn.

Ok.
Well, that sucks, but I guess I can get to it in New game.

2D Indie Metroidvania #414
at least the art is really cool.

Yeah but is it based on anything substantive? I'm not an unreasonable retard but I do like to avoid giving people my money if I think they're total shitheads.

Question: which other games use catholic/christian imagery? Jap games don't count, they have a fucked idea of how christianism looks like.

Funny because the other day some other faggot in another thread was saying it was one of the most religious places in Spain
Good thing I couldn't care less for what any of you retards say

Ass Creed 2. My favorite in the series.

It’s much heavier on pre-symphony of the night castlevania than Metroid. I dunno about you, but I think cave story, hollow knight, AM2R, etc. all have something pretty special about them

The artbook delves way more into boss lore. For the price I'm happy I bought the thing, it's full of story and concept art.

link to artbook? is it on amazon?

>Catholic art EVIL

Attached: Soy reddit.png (594x582, 41K)

The entire point of the claim is to insinuate the game has malintent in its inspiration from religious imagery and lore as if to defame Christianity/Catholicism.
Usually it's done to stir shit since the LARPy e-Catholics that blew in from the election can't help but take the bait.

It's on the steam page, 200 pages.

Attached: baby.png (665x818, 158K)

>before post
>28 unique IPs
>after post
>28 unique IPs
Things that jangle the jimbler.

Yeah I figured that was the case. From what I've googled, the devs are not active on social media.

That's the thing for me, this is the first game I played where the christian themes and imagery felt at least kinda genuine and not memey or over the top ridiculous like in most games where is present

I never thought a setting alone could carry a game for me because I never liked (and still don't like) metroidvania shit

Attached: 1545860169225.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

Pro-Protestant/Anti-Catholic

see

Ah ok. Is there no physical version?

Schizo

Tranny

Based anime poster bro
Fuck these heteros

Attached: 1560114675994.png (1000x1000, 76K)

based

> no boss named dios mio

Lame.

Attached: 1558571753899.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Unfortunately, I think the physical edition was kickstarter only.

Attached: his holiness.png (918x1366, 1.14M)

>kickstarter only
dropped.
Fuck kickstarter exclusivity

youtube.com/watch?v=knd5OibK_TI
Excuse me, best theme, coming through.

So are the "Last Sons of the Miracle" the same role as "the Father?" Or do they play an entirely different role all together?
The lore is a bit fragmented.

To each their own, I don't really give a shit, I just wanna look at cool art.

Attached: penitent one.png (907x773, 428K)

The game is obviously anti-catholic church, but it's not necessarily anti-christian.

www2.zippyshare.com/v/KvYcxHql/file.html
artbook, comic and ost

Where do I go after I give the tree dude his oil?

The game is Lutherpilled

Attached: Martin Luther.jpg (850x400, 74K)

Maybe to a protty looking from the outside, but the Church has had its fair share of heresies and subsequent inner reforms, both of which always came from within the clergy itself.

Leave the area, the come back.

Cope

Upload the art book for your
senpaitachi, senpai.

Attached: c96.jpg (680x528, 42K)

So how is the True Ending supposed to be interpreted?
Now that the Penitent One is the new Father, do the remaining laity that send their prayers to him still idolize pain and suffering, or did the Penitent One's action change that? As in do they now idolize sacrifice as represented in Penitent One's quest to seal away the Grievous Miracle and taking on everyone's guilt from the destruction of the Guilt Statues and killing of all the enemies that were grossly transformed by the miracle to embody their own sin and guilt?
The Penitent circumstance seems completely different to the previous "Fathers" like The Twisted One and the Knot of the Three Words where they felt simply wanted punishment for their OWN guilt rather than taking on other's guilt Jesus-style.

I only got that Things were finally going well for Cvstodia until Crisanta ruined everything.

love this game

>We were killing (again) Esposito's mom all this time.
Now I feel a little bad.

Hows the enemy variety?

How long is this game?
After subjecting myself to three JRPGs in a row i'm looking for something a little on the shorter side.

Attached: 1533244137783.jpg (722x498, 34K)

10-15 for doing the story without trying to rush, about 20 if you go looking for everything

pirated this game and 100% completed it.
the fucking optimization of this game is great.
and after playing it and trying to play some of the other indie shit metroidvanias out there on my shitty pc this was the only game that didn't lag for some reason.
7/10
to many shitty death spikes and the bosses are 1 trick shiters that can be cheesed by just spamming beam of light attack