User recommended Stalker

>user recommended Stalker
>download Shadow of Chernoby
>i am picked up from the dead and I am a mercenary and garbage collector at chernobyl ground zero.
>large map. although frustrating because of the radioactive areas, it is interesting to explore as well as the free factions and characters that inhabit it.
>i see some slavs playing guitar at the bonfires
>i remember user for some reason.
>factions constantly enter into confrontations with other factions
>for this reason the world feels alive and in constant development
>the environment with rains, clouds and sun with its animal sounds, aberrations and characters makes it creepy but melancholic and welcoming at the same time

Fucking game it is fantastic

V rarely disappoints me in his recommendations. Thank you very much.
Also, is there any way to get those tasty exosqueletons? I killed a few free stalkers with them but it's not possible to equip it.

Attached: SCS_Guitar_Loner.png (1024x768, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j_podzD4cSA
youtube.com/watch?v=MzSyZoCXZpE
youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>V rarely disappoints me in his recommendations.
Wait until you get to play the highly acclaimed death stranding.
That will surely change your mind

My hopes are high in that title, but that one is on me.

have fun

Attached: house2.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

I'm perfecting my backstabbing techniques thanks to tthe fact the game has a meter in the sights of the weapon. I would like a stealth predator experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=j_podzD4cSA
youtube.com/watch?v=MzSyZoCXZpE

Or decide to skip whatever game Yea Forums likes to shit on at the currently

Yea Forums is a great place to find interesting individuals and discuss games with them
That doesn't mean every retard screaming about every game has a valid point, but there is some chance that they do.
You roll the dice anytime you trust the opinions of anyone else.

Attached: reviews.png (1556x364, 67K)

Yeah of course, I'm also aware that in many cases the people trashing a game are a loud minority.
After all it's easier to shitpost about some bad looking screenshot then having am actual discussion about what you like in the game

>camera head-bob feels like I'm walking around with a tumbler dryer turned on high strapped to my head
I believe that the game is good but I cannot, for the life of me, play it. The head-bob is horrendous and i cannot focus through my headache and eye strain.

youtube.com/watch?v=BnTW6fZz-1E

Attached: mlfvpxgFyn1s3qjt4o1_500.png (500x433, 73K)

cam_inert 0

maybe cam_slide_inert 0 as well

>Also, is there any way to get those tasty exosqueletons? I
All the suits you see, you can acquire.
No, you cannot loot uniforms.
Exosuits suck ass in SoC

>I would like a stealth predator experience
You will never ever Sam Fisher in the STALKER. Just accept that now.
"Stealth" in the Zone practically boils down to getting to a neat vantage point without alarming anyone, taking a few snipe shots at hostiles, and then disappearing from the scene before the foes pin-point your location.

Attached: stalker guide v1,42.png (1536x1250, 1.1M)

>V

IQ: Freedumb

Attached: 1568172862889.jpg (792x892, 157K)

Congratulations sir, you have passed the patrician taste test. Enjoy one of the finest vidya experiences ever.

the ai is a fucking anomaly by itself. Wut's the coding for how npcs treat weapon ranges and whether they should take the shot?

>tfw you get out-tacticooled by drunk gopniks in track pants because the one sneaking behind you didn't open fire with his shotgun until he was close enough to whisper nothin personnel

Attached: 1557642143324.jpg (317x233, 21K)

>the ai is a fucking anomaly by itself.
Yes. The "A-Life" is already a legend of its own at this point.

>Wut's the coding for how npcs treat weapon ranges and whether they should take the shot?
Depends on various elements, like the environment, their weapon / experience, etc.

>that tale
I've seen Mercs literally camp in a dark corner after I took down their team mates from the distance, only to emerge out and empty their AR to my neck while looting their comrade's corpses.

Attached: STALKER CoP - AI fight.webm (640x480, 2.95M)

Wait. Enemies NPCs can do THAT? Holy shit.

Attached: 1568693151485.png (240x240, 78K)

Every single NPC is running the A-Life simulation of their own. In real time, at all times, even when you're not in the same map.

The vanilla AI is actually a "cut down" or "leashed" version of what the devs originally had in mind, so you can just imagine how far ahead those slav fucks were with this tech in 2006. Many mods do remove a lot of these "locks" of vanilla A-Life, which led to the crazy mods like AMK 1.4.

Attached: STALKER - good AI.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Holy shit, is that vanilla?

Not at all.

>not a horror game
>scarier/more unnerving than most horror games

Yep this game is GOAT

You can get an exoskeleton later in the game, vendors or you might find one. BUT you can't sprint while wearing them in soc, although I'm pretty sure they changed that in cs and cop.

>I'm pretty sure they changed that in cs and cop.
you can modify them to enable sprinting, which kinda makes them more OP.
I still prefer the SEVA style speesh-suits.

Attached: 63814d Closed breathing system suits Seva SSP-99M.jpg (2048x1400, 757K)

Just wanted to know if there was any concrete variables because I spent a couple hours experimenting fucking with the ai yesterday trying to break it and I'm starting to suspect that somehow all the janky coding somehow birthed something more than the sum of its parts and even when I'm pretty sure I outright broke it, I still couldn't tell if I actually did or was just subconsciously getting gud at playing by rules I didn't realize I'd learned

>started with the /classic/ way to break ai behavior by sniping from extreme range with maxed draw distance on some monolith fags who were caught in the open of the mining pit in Jupiter
>after the second shot the survivors turn and start mag-dumping in my general direction without maneuvering
>start getting a bit disappointed as I ded two more of them
>LOSTTOTHEZONE.TIFF
>lolwut
>some cunt who hadn't so much as moved while his frens were gunned down strolls out from behind a bush
>demo_cam on
>nigger had one-shot me with a SVD
>left with gnawing uncertainty about whether it was a delayed glitch of squad behavior mechanics or if his bros standing in the open shooting wildly was a deliberate ploy to distract me while he aimed

Attached: 1568156220105.gif (500x315, 1.02M)

Oh yeah that's what it was. Give the guy booze and tools to modify weapons. Guess it's time to reinstall.

It warms my old, jaded heart to see a newbie like you so openly express your new-found love and joy towards the STALKER.

I was in your shoes 12 years ago.
Jesus that was a long time ago... though it felt just like yesterday.
I tell ya, the summer 2008 to circa 2011 was AMAZING time to be a STALKER fan. We used to have literally DOZENS of bump-limit breaking STALKER threads on Yea Forums, every day. Each one of them super informative, polite, and filled with crazy green-text stories of folks' adventures.
...Then /vg/ became a thing, and that was that.

I have unironically put thousands of hours to each of the three STALKER games.
They're just too good, and the mods keep 'em fresh for years.
I honestly fear that STALKER 2 will end up ruining it all, just for the sake of the "wider audiences" or some shit.

Attached: Ukrainan Farmer!.jpg (1280x1024, 156K)

That's some strategic thinking that are non-existent in a lot of games even today. Is this russian programming?

>Is this russian programming?
No.
Ukrainian.

Attached: STALKER fest ukraine.jpg (800x532, 176K)

Why they are not a big player in the industry? With this IA development in that time, they should be in space age levels now in 2019.

Honestly, I hope S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 does well, because GSC deserves the credit and money for what they managed to make. But I hope it doesn't come out as a mediocre and simplistic shooter with half-baked "horror" elements tied to it.

It is interesting to see how new technology and expanding concepts of original ideas is not always good. One would expect a Terminator 1/Terminator 2 effect, but this is not always the case, in fact it is rare to see that sequels are better than the original.

On the other hand, is it possible that things that we consider "deficient" aren't? I was thinking how things like complexity and not making life easy for the player sometimes turns out to be better than giving everything on a platter and generating bad habits in him.

>Reki GIF
Ah, now I see just how truly based human being you are, OP.

Because slav-lands are like an alternative universe compared to the west / US circles, big AAA industry hates effort and thinking out of the box, and consoles honestly couldn't replicate the STALKER feel even if they tried to.

It is told that during the (original) development of STALKER 2, the GSC's guys were in talks with some western console publishers, talking about the possibility of console ports. The western cukks started instantly listing things that should be changed to make the game "more appealing" to a typical Xbox-fag at the time, at which point our slava-bros just gave the biz-suits quite literal finger, and walked away.

>GSC deserves the credit and money for what they managed to make.
The original GSC is long dead.
It's a total ship of Theseus situation now; not a single soul of the original team is in the new team. Even Sergei, the foxy CEO of the group, gave up his position to his brother.

Attached: 1553839293726.jpg (1588x2160, 893K)

It's because super smart AI is not valued as much as you think. I remember reading an article years ago by the devs of some shooter on how they had to keep dumbing down their AI during playtesting, because the average player wouldn't realize when the AI was distracting them so one of their guys could sneak around behind the player, which resulted in players complaining about "unfair deaths". That's why your average western shooter AI is just there to play whack-a-mole with the player. Slavs just don't give a fuck I guess.

Pretty sure it's like some twisted, digitized reflection of evolution and inspiration like Orks in 40k. If you throw together enough semi-broken parts that even by themselves are poorly understood, tech-demo tier constructs and have to duct-tape them together in a homebrew engine in time for a release date, you can't predict the outcome or unforseen synergies.

Prostituting your underage daughters for rubles to enable your alcoholism can't be cheap

>Prostituting your underage daughters for rubles to enable your alcoholism can't be cheap
Well, a healthy country also needs stability. Mine it is stable but doesn't make games. Slavs, come to south america. We have sun, women and fine wine.

>ywn comfort a qt Monolithfu in the rain after she's been freed from the brain scorcher while she sobs over all the innocent stalkers she was forced to kill

Attached: 1567711001858.jpg (1680x1050, 138K)

>haibane fans
my niggas

Attached: haibane1.gif (500x451, 675K)

>Slavs, come to south america

That's a fate worse than being trapped in a looping temporal anomaly that constantly forces you to watch your waifu's dying moments of screaming and whimpering as she bleeds out for all eternity

don't linger in the remote portions of the SoC Army Warehouses after dark with maxed sound

Anons, is there any good mods for potato-tier computers
Tried to play anomaly. Runs kinda janky at rookie vilage, runs like trash at zaton on my machine

I have only played Call of Chernobyl

Anomaly unironically runs better than any of the 3 games, it's actually amazing. What are your specs? Switch to DX8 mode, set every slider to low except for view distance and maybe textures, that should make it playable and your experience won't be ruined

This. Niggas that scream Yea Forums is always right / wrong are fucking retards.

Attached: 1557064998090.png (1140x1250, 404K)

>What are your specs?
GTX850M
i7-4700MQ
1680x1050 monitor

Thought you were playing on a literal potato with integrated graphics. But yeah it does get janky sometimes, there's nothing to do except sacrifice some of the vegetation and obj distance. If you fiddled with the AI simulation numbers/population that might cause performance problems too, it's best to leave them as default.