youtube.com/watch?v=92iXDKX4Y9g
youtube.com/watch?v=jLWM-AASY7g
youtube.com/watch?v=MyvARfjomr8
alephone.lhowon.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
youtube.com/watch?v=EyJoCUQ4JWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM
halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Feast_of_Bones
gamasutra.com/view/news/111483/InDepth_Why_Halos_Multiplayer_Almost_Didnt_Make_It.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they stopped making halo

>what went wrong?
They went to bed with Microsoft rather than Apple, and turned Halo into a shitty console shootan rather than the computer-centered multiplayer game that was previously planned.

>Bulgie
OwO

retard

This overambitious cuck

Attached: jason-jones-bungie-destiny.jpg (1600x900, 103K)

explain

>multiplayer game
This meme has to stop

He hasn't aged bad, I remember him from the marathon days

They shouldv'e just made halo 3 with better forge. Instead of this monday night arena football crap we got instead.

A fucktarded refusal to balance PvP and PvE separately from the start.

Most people working on Destiny up until 2013 thought they were making a Halo-like game with Borderlands elements mixed in. Then Jones stepped in and told them to scrap everything and turn it into an open ended MMO. He also felt that the story "didn't make sense" and fired the lead writer just a few months before release

they never learn anything except how to bleed any idiot that plays their game for more money. real scumbag company, and a game riddled with design errors so mindnumbingly stupid it's hard to imagine anyone there has ever played a video game before.

Halo literally wouldn't have been remembered and Bungie would have never become the success they topped as if the game remained as an RTS.

Pretty sure they don't actually play the game and just watch youtubers shit their opinions before writing a blog post about it

He also fucked Marty in the ass, right?

Yeah, after he told him that hanging out with Activision executives that don't play video games isn't a good idea

He's singlehandedly responsible for half the dev team moving to 343i to work on Halo again. It's quite incredible really. A decade of working under Microsoft's thumb, wanting to get away from it all, and you fuck the pooch so bad that your supposed friends want to get away from you and back to the devil they knew.

>The dispute which led to his termination originated from O'Donnell's belief that the Activision deal had begun to erode the collegial culture at Bungie. Activision was reluctant to release the symphony as a standalone work and went over O'Donnell's head to replace it with their own music in a prominent E3 2013 trailer
Activision really was like a brain tumor for Bungie. I'd say it's a good thing they split up but at this point it's too little too late, and that the damage has already been done

>we're done with halo!
>let's make halo: not halo, but worse
uhh ok

Game life
>have a good game idea and implement it
>game sells well
>big company want to buy IP
>sell it
>it goes to shit
>repeat

Attached: 1553025999914.gif (411x348, 1.5M)

Destiny 2 was their time for redemption but that shit was a downgrade to an already shit game

>Heard Destiny 1 sucked ass
>Waited till it was like $15 with The Taken King before diving in
>Saw the potential, but the game was still wanting
>Figured they'd have fixed it all by Destiny 2
>Buy it on release
>It's worse than D1+TTK

Attached: 1569094665569.gif (180x160, 425K)

Most of the original staff that worked on Halo and the first Destiny already left by that time. Destiny 2 at launch was mainly created by devs hired by Activision moles at Bungie and various other Activision owned studios. If anything 2 was the complete merge between both companies and the end of old Bungie.

>I'd say it's a good thing they split up but at this point it's too little too late, and that the damage has already been done

one of the first things independent bungie did was overhaul the cash shop and state that they'll never have cosmetics you can earn in game. they are releasing all the shit no one buys anymore and labelling the game as 'f2p' in the hopes of selling their season/battle pass, expansions, and overpriced and poorly designed mtx.

the people at bungie are just no good, independent or not.

>Shadowkeep comes out in two weeks
Nothing

but now it's actually better than D1 + TTK

Is that supposed to be an achievement? Going from barely playable to ok game with basic features isn't a hard thing to do.

I'll see. I haven't touched the game since release, I'll try it again when my game converts to Steam from Bnet.

Speaking of Bnet, fuck me I miss the old Bungie.net.

>ok game with basic features

destiny 2 doesn't even have basic features though

They're just trying to patch whatever holes they can to a sinking ship. Whatever they're doing with Destiny 2 now is just milking the franchise dry to stay afloat for a bit until they finish the story. I bet you that by 2021 they'll have a completely new IP that's radically different from Destiny and they'll abandon this sick retarded child faster than you can say 'chinks brought Bungie'

Compared to Destiny one? At least it has fast travel and a map.

no not compared to destiny 1, compared to a real game

G R E E D
they make so much money, and they still don't have dedicated servers. i'm literally 1 bar in every fucking pvp lobby.

activision, focus testing, team too big

A real game goes well above and beyond basic features. Hell even Warframe, it's competition, has more UI and gameplay features than this piece of shit and it's barely a third of it's install size.

>Rushing a game out and fixing it later for the second time in a row

Luke "Pigma" Smith

>OMG MICROSOFT IS SO BAD THEY ONLY WANT US TO MAKE HALO
>OK CONTRACT IS UP, TIME FOR US TO LEAVE
>TO ACTIVISION
honestly how braindead does management have to be to do what they did
what were they fucking thinking?
were they thinking?

Attached: 1510205183243.png (1080x1219, 163K)

fucking this
>tfw Destiny could've been a better Halo but getting rich like Activision got to his head

They didn't want to make another halo

They started making Halo

they left MS. MS made them into the company they are today with significant investment and faith in their projects and they paid them back by abandoning their beloved franchise for some shitty online shooter MMO. i'd love to see them make another halo but at this point i'm not even sure the guys who made halo's 1-3 are even there anymore because i heard a bunch of them left when they decided to stop making halo.

>Jones didn't want to make another Halo
ftfy

They made a deal with Activisi*n, so now they make games simply to make money the most efficiently possible. Their games just have no redeeming quality anymore.

but then they go and make another Halo
a more ambitious, ridiculous notHalo
its like they didn't even really want to make a new game, they just wanted to experiment more and Microsoft told them to shut the fuck up and keep to the same formula and I guess they were right

you'd have to be brain dead to not see the game is deader than Battleborn because of the ideas that Activision gave you
had they continued with the contract they would've gotten Visceral Games'd just a few months later

What blows my mind is the fact that they RE-RELEASE the game on pc a 2nd time on steam just to rack even more money and just because they're greedy scummy fucks they release 2 versions instead of one.

>sign with Microsoft
>make one of the greatest trilogies of all time
>contract says they need to make two more games
>mildly phone it in with ODST (it’s a great game, but was originally supposed to be Halo 3 dlc. Bungie whined and Microsoft let them turn it into one of the titles to fulfill their 5 game contract)
>make Halo Reach and possibly intentionally crash the franchise with no survivors by adding completely balance breaking armor abilities
>whole theme of the game is mortality/eulogizing (for the Halo franchise)
>god I wish they were being that intelligent
>but with their next game they decided to keep the casualized Reach elements
>why the fuck did they fire Marty ODonnell and Joseph Staten what the fuck
>signing with Activision was clearly not a good idea
>whoever is running this company is either clinically retarded or doesn’t want to make games anymore
>honestly I’m kind of leaning towards the latter ... I think they decided at some level that they were done actually making game, and so tanked the company/pulled a Konami to make Skinner box microtransaction hell games for an endless cash cow while spiritually giving up.
Fuck I don’t know what went wrong

This game is 10 years old tomorrow,

say something nice about it.

Attached: 81kBcvv9h5L._SY679_.jpg (449x679, 62K)

>they RE-RELEASE the game on pc a 2nd time on steam just to rack even more money
the game will be free when it releases
and it's not a re-release, it's the same game. They just moved platforms because the contract with Activision ended and are not allowed on Battlenet anymore

Beginning of the end.
Shit gameplay, good soundtrack, forgettable story

Not like they have a choice, dumbass. They're getting kicked off battle.net. ActiviBliz aren't going to let them stay on their launcher if they're not partners any more, are they?

based retard

It's the weakest Halo yet but it wasn't marketed as the next best thing, so no it wasn't the "beginning of the end"

This. Destiny is pretentious moneygrubbing trash. Imagine going from a series as quotable as Halo to "that wizard came from the moon". Fuck nu-bungie.

>Imagine going from a series as quotable as Halo to another quotable series
they're both quotable, just not for the same reasons

gameplay is literally halo 3

>shit gameplay

It's literally halo 3 gameplay. The only difference between itself and halo 3 is there's less combat sequences and more of the gameplay is focused on exploration rather than dropping you into massive battles. At least they changed it up though and it was a pleasant change.

Console shooters.

it's Halo 3 but structured in a way that doesn't fit Halo 3 at all, and feels more like a buggy prototype rather than an actual game

Jason Jones and his pals found out that they could do 0 work and convince the Bungofags that Activision was to blame.
Now they're pretending to be an indie company while being part of a Tencent-like cancerous investor.

not that guy but thats the main problem
its supposed to be a stealth game, not the action game halo 3 was
they didn't bother creating any stealth gameplay elements in a game that was obviously geared toward being sneaky and quite

Atmosphere, mood, music, concept, story, all great. I wish the gameplay had been more divorced from Halo 3 and fleshed out into its own game complete with PVP. Fond memories and it always gets played between 2 and 3 when I run through the Bungie titles every year.

>It's literally halo 3 gameplay.
Yeah, shit.

buncha losers thinking you can play an FPS with a controller

That was Activison telling him to do that. All creative writing and thought was entirely scrapped thanks to Activision

Yeah they fell from grace, but you gotta admit that Bungie at their peak was fucking game developer kino.

I'm still surprised that they haven't fired him yet.

>Bungie whined and Microsoft let them turn it into one of the titles to fulfill their 5 game contract)

It was the other way around. Bungie knew full well ODST was only an expansion pack's worth of content and wanted a low profile release. But this was Kinect360 era and Microsoft had nogames for the holiday season and wanted a full price Halo installment. Bungie scraped together a multiplayer component and new Halo 3 maps to try and fluff up a package worth a full retail pricepoint.

Activision never officially interfered with any of Destiny 1's development, only with the marketing and the ingame microtransactions post release.
That was 100% Jones' decision and whether it was to impress Activision or not is another can of worms

Pigma?

>and new Halo 3 maps
+ all old halo 3 maps
it was honestly pretty nice having a dvd you can pop in to just play halo 3 mp with the bros
as far as filler goes that was pretty good shit

The best Halo game despite having no matchmaking for Firefight.

Attached: new-mombasa.jpg (1920x675, 206K)

>stealth game

It wasn't anything of the sort. There were still plenty of combat sequences but the whole idea of the game wasn't the same as you being master chief guns blazing everywhere and ready to save the world you were literally a rookie who had to make his way through a war torn city and the gameplay perfectly reflected that and as the story progresses and your role becomes more important you also find yourself in more combat encounters. It was a fine game with a decent story and focus. It was originally supposed to only be a short DLC campaign it should never be considered its own game because it never was.

>between 2 and 3

Why? Because of the timeline of events?

Yeah, sort of. If I was autistic enough I'd actually put Halo 2 down just after Metropolis, play through ODST and then pick it back up.

Personal nickname for that hog

Pigmaballs

youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88

>the best Halo game
>there isn’t even a Halo in it
uhhhh

The lack of Firefight for the MCC port is also a tragedy. Maybe it'll come back for the PC port.

speaking of Halo
this port any good?

Attached: 51NMqzZggfL._SY445_.jpg (316x445, 37K)

just wait a few months for mcc and halo 2 remastered on pc

On its own, no. Project Cartographer is, though.

This man single handily destroyed Bungie's future.

Attached: Jasonj.jpg (1365x768, 166K)

Just download Project Cartographer. H2V is abandonware so Carto includes the campaign maps.

Attached: 0xnl2o0z8hb31.jpg (4032x1960, 871K)

Brainlet forgot about the ending

Attached: 1200px-HReach_Credits.png (1200x677, 784K)

I wonder if 343 or whatever studio handling the PC version could add the original Firefight mode with matchmaking. I know there's a server browser in the works for the MCC.

Some people believe destiny 2 is just destiny 1 cut content repackaged as a new game. Destiny 3 will probably be the true "nu-Bungie only" Destiny game.

Nigga you calling me a brainlet showing me the Halo Reach credits while we talkin bout ODST? Boi shut the fuck up

I don't remember how MCC Halo 3 handles co-op, but I remember on the 360 version that someone disconnecting would kill the entire lobby. This was the reason Firefight had no matchmaking in ODST.

so sad. because he also probably singlehandedly put Halo on its path to success

>Few months
Oh user its becoming too clear that reach won't even be out till next year and then we have 1 than 2
you looking at least a full year before you can play 2

I really hope they abandon the trash engine they use for 2 and get a better one. The loading screens make me turn this shit off and play something else

I am weird. ODST was literally my first Halo therefore my favorite. Then I played Reach after and liked that too. The ones before, 1,2 and 3 seem terrible to me. Yup I acknowledge my taste is shit no need to say.

>Destiny 3
please no
did D2 even sell as well as 1 did?
Can anyone even explain to me how D1 was as big of a success as it was?

Attached: 1456306706064.jpg (363x541, 35K)

for the upcoming expansion, one of the trailer cinematics is footage that was leaked from years ago that was never used. the armor is reskinned shit from the cash shop. even the location is a reskin of D1 shit.

You actually think that it would be better off as the Mac-exclusive Gobots to Starcraft’s Transformers?

Halo being a success is the worst thing that could have ever happened to it. Now Halofags can't handle the idea of a trend falling out of style.

Thats Halo Reach though

Man, how unironically great would Destiny have been if they had just made it “Borderlands: Halo Edition”?

Eh. The Halo trilogy is better from a total story standpoint, like LOTR or something, but Reach and ODST are both great games. I think Reach is a little broken in terms of its sandbox. The trilogy games are way better balanced, but Reach and ODST have the dark vibes Yea Forums creams itself over so idk

Oh so that's why there was no matchmaking? What a shame. I would've liked some kind of drop-in drop-out system.

It literally is Borderlands with better gunplay though.

>Can anyone even explain to me how D1 was as big of a success as it was?
isn't it obvious? it's bungie. they were one of the biggest names in gaming back then because of halo and when the news broke they'd be making a game for ps4 all hell broke loose and those same fans who were shitting on bungie on xbox were suddenly masturbating over the thought of a bungie game on ps4 which is why it sold so well on playstation. also it was a game which released on both last gen and this gen so the userbase potential was huge and there were people who double dipped so it sold really well because of that too.

Tiger is antiquated shit built on top of antiquated shit. Slipspace will also be using antiquated shit as its codebase.

Attached: 1567894444959.jpg (700x627, 135K)

Yes, and then Marty fucked them right back with a multi-million dollar lawsuit. Marty is the definition of based.

Attached: Marty Free Pelican Rides O'Donnell.png (581x132, 15K)

I mean I’m a Halofag. Why are you in this thread?

yeah nah
Borderlands is more structured and focused on being a coop game. Destiny 2 feels like it doesn't have any clue on what it wants to be.
The only time it comes close to feeling like Borderlands is during strikes and nightfalls, which are a very small part of the whole game

Yeah, Halo 3's campaign netcode was designed differently from the competitive multiplayer. I don't know exactly how it works, but it doesn't support drop in/out.

BASED

Project Cartographer fixes most of its issues and adds some cool options like FOV and reticle placement.

Don’t talk back to me boi.

Because I like Halo, but still recognize that it was never going to be popular forever.

A treasure of a man.
His interviews and personal videos are always full of charm.

Destiny is way more coop than Borderlands. Most difficult content like raids and dungeons require actual communication and teamwork.

I mean ... nothing ever is. I think you’re painting Halo fans with broad strokes. Halo ended for me with 3. ODST and Reach were nice little games, even had a little fun with 4, but it clearly ended with 3.

So how are you guys preparing for Shadowkeep?
I'm still trying to get a god rolled Spare Rations, even with the drop rate buff I still can't fucking get it.

Attached: Destiny 2_20190317160955.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

Imagine how it would be if they kept raids, dungeons and nightfalls in the game and got rid of everything else

Attached: 1561633030383.jpg (800x600, 36K)

>Old Jason Jones
"We try to create games like we're our own customers, good isn't good enough"
>New Jason Jones
"fuck you buy silver" *Fires Marty and Joseph*
Joseph is based and I wish Microsoft would just fucking give him his own studio instead of wasting his talents.
youtube.com/watch?v=92iXDKX4Y9g

Attached: Joe.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Sure thats but that sums up the initial release success
How it saw continued success after the initial hype is a mystery to me

I quit.

>How it saw continued success after the initial hype is a mystery to me
it didn't really though. it only sold 17m between ps3 and ps4 with destiny 2 barely over 13m right now on ps4. overall it's a "success" but not a continued success. it's no more successful than if they had made a halo game instead.

Halo would have crashed and burned had it not been an FPS. If it remained an RTS game it would have faded into obscurity.

Stopped giving a shit partway through Season of the Drifter. Haven't personally spent a single red cent on D2 and I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

i think it also profited from the guardians of the galaxy hype. the original live action destiny trailers were amazing, and bungie was selling the game as some sort of epic action adventure game that would be updated forever.

i prepared by playing Borderlands, a better game

>117
;-;

i love the old Bungie team so much. it’s hard to believe how everything’s ended up

LUKE SMITH

google it,
he came in when they were finishing up on Halo and used to release podcasts on their site, he then got promoted and changed the entire direction of games at bungle

Attached: Reference-Pictures_Expressions-5195.jpg (1200x1800, 309K)

they couldn't live up the hype they made, and crashed and burned slowly.

>Season of the Drifter

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1551861920468.png (878x626, 499K)

Even after I hated bungie for what they did with halo 2, I can't bring myself to hate this man. Marty is just is just a gem.

Damn thats some cool ass art, I wish elites went back to looking this slick

That's not a very good way to prepare for a new expansion.

Did you play Opulence? Pre-patch Menagerie was peak Destiny, reminded me of the loot cave days.

Attached: Destiny 2_20181229191848.png (1920x1080, 3.28M)

>150GB of shit

>borderlands

Attached: 1561078230376.jpg (204x204, 5K)

This. He's half the reason Destiny is so shit because he's a huge MMOfaggot.

>a better game

Attached: 1566397758870.jpg (1080x1070, 327K)

This. They defined the FPS genre afterall.

It's a concept Halo CE I think, it would be a cool armor unlock if they added Elites back in the multiplayer.

currently farming for Gauss

Attached: Gauss.jpg (1000x746, 101K)

Yep, I don't want an empty game thats just a grind,
GIVE ME AN ACTUAL GAME.

Attached: Reference-Pictures_Expressions-5390.jpg (1600x2400, 627K)

I finished up my Shadow title than moved on to BL3 until Shadowkeep drops.

Attached: D23eqVRXcAEj1LF.jpg (1786x2048, 323K)

The first design was an RTS, yes. But people were hyped for the second design, a third-person shooter for Windows and Mac with multiplayer in an open world.
youtube.com/watch?v=jLWM-AASY7g
youtube.com/watch?v=MyvARfjomr8

Now, I don't mind that Halo was turned into an FPS. I mind that it was totally fucking neutered. It's so plodding and simplistic, because that's what works on a goddamn gamepad. Marathon, their previous FPS series, had far more complex level design. In fact, it's free now, go play it.
alephone.lhowon.org/

Attached: marathon compiler by craig mullins.jpg (2200x1800, 1.32M)

Martys wife was a cutie.

Attached: Marty and wife.jpg (2048x1608, 377K)

>there are people in this very thread that have paid over $100 for Destiny 2

Don't you guys have some gambit to play?

No, I dropped it altogether. My friend ghosted the game and the clan she dragged me into and I realized I was having far more fun just playing MCC multiplayer again and not worrying about gun stats or perks or how everything has 5 levels of numbers to keep track of.

they thought they could get away by releasing the bare minimum and updating a minigame
I bet you they probably had a Season of the Crucible in the works too until they saw the reception for this

Imagine pissing off your entire playerbase by dedicating an entire season to a shitty pvp game mode that nobody liked to begin with.

Thats Destiny
Thats Bungie

Attached: 1519181913673.jpg (100x100, 8K)

Oh, you might be better off playing the newest Call of Duty, heard that it's actually decent again.

Attached: Destiny 2_20181229180300.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

What a bitch bro. Find where she lives and cut her clit off.

is this that shitty raid with the crappy jumping mechanic?

This makes a lot of sense. Can’t believe I hadn’t put it together. He only showed up in the Reach vidocs.

>Bungie thread
>it’s infested with Destiny niggers
can someone unironically come kill me? be gentle please, but put the lights out

Playing the beta. It's the same fucking game since 2007, only we now have more skins of women and niggers in MP.

Spire of Stars. Yeah it's a pretty low tier raid. Jumping puzzle was my favorite part though, the part where you have to pass the ball to each other is very prone to creating some laffs.

god destiny has some top tier visuals, more games should do this kind of shit

it’s middling tier desu. some really nice art, but a lot of mediocre stuff

Honestly it's a damn shame the environment artists' talents and time are spent on the open world zones that suck.

You do know Bungie as a dev hasn't made a Halo game in nearly a decade right? The studio isn't even the same as it was during the Halo era. Let the ching chong lootbox openers have a say too.

True answer, they got lazy and made ODST and Reach, that showed that they no longer needed to try to make video games, if they would have it, would have been even worse than ODST and Reach, get this through your thick skulls.

Weren't even the same after Halo 3.

Honestly it might be my favorite part about Destiny. I really like looters but literally no other game has an aesthetic quite like it.

Attached: Destiny 2_20181211191940.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

They already did that with their post-Halo 3 Halo games, the playerbase should have been used to it.

Whats funny is that the game hasn't recovered from the player loss since that awful season. Opulence was good and brought some of them back, but not back to the numbers they had pre Drifter.

What a piece of shit waste of fucking money. You were ripoff if you bought this shit in 2009.
>locking Halo 3's final maps on this shit

This

It's one of the worst.

>You do know Bungie as a dev hasn't made a Halo game in nearly a decade right?
exactly. I’ll be waiting for the gentle man to help me not breathing with a pillow

based and badasspilled

When faggots defend Reach, they defend this retard, I want to punch those defending faggots.

>when you’re fat and people can’t tell you you’re disgusting so you ruin a gaming company
what a story

They sold out and stopped making fun stuff like Marathon and myth so they could make halo, but since they sold out Microsoft compromised their ability to make halo actually good like their previous games so instead it became a generic regen shooter

They were so eager to get away from Microsoft because they were "too controlling" so they jumped into bed with Activision.

As if they thought They wouldn't be 100x worse than MS EVER could be. That level of retard shouldn't even have been possible, but there it was. Destiny was a shit game that had good ideas, poor execution and even worse monetization. Then there's what those hacks did to Marty, their piss poor excuses for what they did to D2, and to top it off they can't even admit they fucked up and keep their heads in the sand.

D2 coming to steam and being free of Activision won't do anything good for them, it'll just keep them on life support. Fuck em.

Destiny is literally all style, no substance.

Why did Bungie start throwing out their colors after Halo 3?

Not to get all psychologist on Bungie’s ass, but it’s like they genuinely got depressed after Halo 3. ODST is honestly visually muddy and bleak most of the time, and Halo Reach even more so. Destiny is an extremely depressing story if you read the lore, and it’s got Reach-tier art.
Halo 3 was probably their brightest game. Not sure what happened but it’s like they genuinely got depressed when 3 was over.

It felt like it, the power fantasy in Bungie's Halo died after Halo 3.

There's plenty of color in Destiny. That pic is of the Ascendant Realm, which is another dimension that looks like you're constantly inside a heavy storm cloud.

Attached: Destiny 2_20181113170220.png (1920x1080, 3.08M)

They got rid of Marty and Joe

Destiny was genuinely upsetting to me. I used to be a christian and there was basically some lore that compared the Ghosts (which if you don’t know, basically posses you and resurrect you to fight for an inscrutable alien machine) to the biblical “worm that never dies” that gnaws on the souls of the damned in hell. So Destiny is basically hell.
It’s extremely dark.
Both christian hell and other occult conceptions of eternal conscious torment are scarier to me than dying.

They grew too big and hired soulless people who made the absolute shit game series called Destiny.

ODST and Reach are some of the best Halo games.

I refuse to touch Destiny again until they implement a solo-que Crucible.
Playing quickplay against full stacked teams with 2000+ hours in the game is absolute AIDS.

They're the worst, there was a steep quality drop after Halo 3. Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 were the only good Bungie Halo games.

They’re objectively good games, but the trilogy games are better.

There's a character name The Drifter who got stuck in a cold alien planet and he kept getting resurrected after either dying to the extreme cold, starving to death, or getting killed by the "dark creatures" who lived there. Pretty metal stuff.

Idk. It’s just kind of perverse to me.

Funnily enough there's hints in the lore that make a theory of the Traveler being basically the Demiurge, the Vex Aeons, and the Darkness a version of Sophia.
Shit's really interesting if you view the lore from that perspective since it pretty much makes us, the guardian, an archon. But the guy making the theory was probably giving Bungie's writing team way too much credit

Something about not being able to die is claustrophobic. Maybe it’s just because my life is shit, and I’d hate to have my existence continue any longer than necessary, but living forever, even in some kind of imagined paradise, means you simply aren’t human anymore.

There was a reason they fired Joseph Staten.

(it’s finally real nigga hours in the Bungie thread)

redpill me on Aeons. I’m familiar with everything else.

Try actually playing them sometime.

Attached: 1551077196927.png (968x758, 331K)

Warframe is also complete shit compared to Destiny 2, what’s your point?

without getting too deep into gnosticism they're basically gnostic angels mixed with the holy spirit

Only good game they have is ONI

That says enough.
...but I wouldn’t mind getting deep into Gnosticism.
Also do you have a gnostic perspective on Halo?

Being bought by Microsoft when they first showed halo at mac world.

just buying mats and sharing everything to prepare for the bright dust changes.
Honestly its the only game I play anymore these days.

Attached: DvdCM14UwAEzW1a.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

i can't believe Destiny has been using the same exact enemies for every encounter since destiny 1
i played destiny 2 expecting at least a few new enemy types but nope it was the same exact ones from destiny 1 and they didn't introduce even a single new enemy type until the forsaken which are basically just reskins with the exception of the flail guys. absolute bare minimum effort went into these games, i feel bad for their environment artists because they're the only people doing anything not dogshit

You had a very nice commercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

A game centered around the marines had a lot of potential though. Kind of like Metroid's Galactic Federation before Nintendo also decided to take the absolute wrong approach.

Since 2014 looters became my main genre with fighting games on the side. They trigger my fomo so much I can't play anything else. Lately I've been playing mostly Warframe and Iceborne though.

Attached: Destiny 2_20181127211034.png (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Big Feels right there, the gunplay feels so tight i cant help but come back to it, giving it a break till shadowkeep though.
Hows monster hunter world? thought about giving that a shot.

Fucking degenerates.

If you wanna get deep into the destiny-gnosticism thing I'd recommend watching this youtube.com/watch?v=EyJoCUQ4JWQ since explaining it here would take a really really long time
As for Halo I can't really find any obvious parallels to take from the main story, and I have no opinion on the extended lore since I haven't read the books or comics. Also I can't really talk on Halo 4 and 5 since I've still yet to play them.

I didn't even bother. The moment I knew there was a "Season of the Drifter" I quit immediately after Opulence. This was also after they nerfed Menagerie drop rates.

Pretty much haven't played since. Fuck the Dawning armour, it's all ugly.

Attached: fat phalanx.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

I like it a lot, my favorite game of 2018 by far, if you like looters there's a big chance you'll enjoy it too. The gameplay is obviously very different from Destiny though, kinda like a slower hack 'n' slash where boss knowledge, positioning, and choosing the right moves is how you win, feels very tight and satisfying once you get the hang of it. Iceborne is just more of that.

I really mean for the main trilogy. I can’t figure out what’s going on under the surface.

I did, they suck.

Great atmosphere and music, shit everything else.
If you test it, the ODSTs can withstand more punishment and damage than the Chief and Spartans can in halo 3. That alone makes it a turd.

>He's singlehandedly responsible for half the dev team moving to 343i to work on Halo again

Name them.

>Most of the original staff that worked on Halo and the first Destiny already left by that time. Destiny 2 at launch was mainly created by devs hired by Activision moles at Bungie and various other Activision owned studios. If anything 2 was the complete merge between both companies and the end of old Bungie.

What changed Bungie between then and now?

I can't stand the PVP in D2. It's too sweaty. Why can't they make it fun like in D1, with the vehicles and all that crap?

The Activision studios did all the work for Bungo. Now that they've left Activision they won't be able to outsource everything to Vicarious Visions anymore. Bungie will have to actually deliver a game.

well all I can think of are a few parallels between Master Chief and the gnostic version of Jesus Christ and how Cortana being inside Chief's armor can represent the unification of the soul, but that's about it

money, greed and ambition

How bad is the MCC?

thinking they could make it without microsoft. just imagine what we could have with bungie + microsoft's $$$$$$$$$$$. now they're independent and implementing battle passes to cause fomo and rehashing content.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Thanks for the vid btw

The trouble with Halo 2 is, at it's core it was an unfinished game. The developers have stated on numerous occasions that they ran out of time working on the campaign in order to push it for the release date.

>wall leaning, and there was also talk of ai using flashlights to find you in the dark after you shot out lights, that lighting system was later of course redone

>There was going to be a whole level after Quarantine Zone where you're driving through the labyrinth of tunnels under the ring in a "Forerunner Tank", avoiding the Gravemind's tentacles as they flew past like freight trains.

>In the original script when miranda was in a phantom she spoke with truth. Their plan was to send chief into the pit where the gravemind was and blow him and the flood up

>Strapping a bomb to Chief's back in the chamber directly below the index chamber in the center of the Library

>Flood leader effectively disabling the Ring by living on the trigger. Definitely showing that the flood is winning the 1000 year war with the sentinels on this halo opposed to installation 04's containment.

>the flood invasion of earth being the a layer of the final "act" of the script. Something about "we wanted everyone to end up in the same place at the end". Ultimately, Chief, Arbiter, Truth, Cortana, Gravemind, and Mendicant were all supposed to come together, at the Ark on Earth, and there were a couple twists involved, but that's where it's shrouded in mystery.

>According to O'Donnell, the original ending of Halo 2 had a much cleaner resolution, ending with Master Chief finding the Ark of the Covenant on Earth, then working with the Arbiter (then known as the Dervish) to stop the Prophet of Truth. Marty does have voice audio of the original ending

Halo 2: Developer Commentary Playthrough
youtube.com/watch?v=sBi_xx26ClM

halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Feast_of_Bones

I like Destiny but the Battle Pass is a big no no for me. It's so easily exploitable.

yea. There’s got to be more than Gnosticism. It seems like a perfect storm situation of several intertwining philosophies. Chief always seemed more heroic to me than the Protestant christ.
I wonder how many trilogy devs were masons.

>now they're independent
They are not independent, they belong to NetEase (China).

How much of Halo's lore and Destiny's lore is rehashed from Marathon?

should have stuck to marathon and halo games

>Destiny replaced halo
Honestly it is an improvement when you consider what Halo has become, but they should of tried to manage more IP's than just one. Hell, make Halo games with a tighter budget and focus on not trying to fuck up the story and you will do better than than 343 has. The games don't need to be cinematic, they need to play fun and side games with good multiplayer would be better than what we got.

This, it's why atmosphere and music is the only thing ODST fans can talk about. They also really fucked up the grenade throwing in the game.

I like what we ended up with Halo 3, honestly.

Yea, 343i's Halo 4 and 5, shit on Destiny, Bungie's been dead for years.

>Yea, 343i's Halo 4 and 5, shit on Destiny

Why does Halo 4 get so much hate?

>Not Bungie
My issue with it are that the campaign is terrible compared to Halo CE-3 and the multiplayer is one of the worst in the series, other than that I still found the campaign to be decent and like it better than Bungie's games after Halo 3.

>what Halo has become

The problem is, when people say Halo needs to return to "traditional" or "Classic" Halo, which Halo do we return to?

Do we return to Halo CE, the original Halo?

Do we return to Halo 2, at it's core it was an unfinished game? The developers have stated on numerous occasions that they ran out of time working on the campaign in order to push it for the release date.

Do we return to Halo 3, the most casual Halo?

More importantly, are we willing to go with the problems that each one faces?

Halo CE has a very limited selection of weapons, but each one has a niche and a specific role.

Halo 2 has Dual Wielding, which led to poor weapon balance

Halo 3 has the BR as the top tier starting weapon, and the sandbox revolved around it, to the point where it needed limitations to not be overpowered.

Halo CE doesn't play like Halo 2, which doesn't play like Halo 3.

>Awful art direction for Forerunners/Spartans/Covenant
>QTE for a final boss
>Not a single likable character save for Laskey and Chief
>Bad enemy design, Prometheans and their bug pets are a chore to fight
>Plot is lost among all the extra media you have to consume to make any sense of it
>Ruined Forerunner mystery
>Dude, ancient humans, ancient evil, the chosen one lmao
>MP played like CoD with a Halo skin

It does look amazing for an xbox 360 title, I'll give them that. The production value is obviously very high. The soundtrack is also ok.

Destiny 2 is the only game I play. Bad thread filtered.

Probably gonna go farm for a 1/2 Punch shotgun tonight, last night my friend and I played the Menagerie buff to get the rolls for weapons we wanted. I got a curated Fixed Odds.

343i got tired of it as they don't even know, they did some digging deeper and all they got are just zoomer faggots asking for Halo 3 again but we all saw what happened to Gears of War when it played it too safe with Gears 4. 343i realized the people wanting this "classic Halo" won't play it or will play it for only a week and from there they would just leave, all their memories are nostalgia and nostalgia only.

No ones realized Gambit is nothing but a bullshit race yet and deluded themselves into thinking there’s any strategy. Bungie needs to hire 6 guys with 1000+ hours on Destiny to tell them what their game world is really like instead of what they think it is

It’s been back over a million a day since Oppulence.

>tfw Microsoft were the only reason they were any good
>they were dog shit who couldn't' guide themselves in any reasonable direction
>they behave like an edgy teenager and leave microsoft
>paint microsoft as abusive
>produce utter shit without their guidance
wew.

Attached: 911.png (940x524, 1.21M)

No too much really. There’s thematic and symbolic similarities, and a meta thing about 3 swords from mythology named Durandral, Curtana, and something I forget the name of that supposedly shows up in Destiny. There isn’t really direct lore crossover though.
Simple stuff like chief being similar to ththe Marathon guy who’s a cyborg soldier, Marathon being about malfunctioning AI’s is similar to Cortana and 343, the Marathon aliens are kind of like the Covenant ... there’s some cryo pod in Destiny 1 that Ghost tells you has a tired warrior in it ... but none of them have direct connections. Thematic overlap, as you’d expect from like an author who writes in the same genre, and little references ...
The lore of Destiny arguably is the most complex, and stands completely apart from the lore of Halo and the forerunners, especially with the Traveler and the Ghosts.
You could maybe compare the Traveler to the forerunners and the darkness to the flood, because Destiny is a dumbed down game for children.

Rasputin, Cortana and the Exodus ships are basically taken from Marathon. Same goes with the grunts from Halo and the fallen from Destiny

Why did Halo: Reach get so much hate from Halo 3 MLG babies?

The Forge was leaps and bounds better than 3's and was actually there on launch. The custom games scripting engine was completely overhauled under the hood, which allowed for a lot of cool game types that were sadly taken out of matchmaking when 343 removed action sack. Long Night of Solace also gave us the first taste of space combat in Halo, even if it was only for a brief mission. So much shit changed under the hood too—seriously, look at the ViDocs and talks where they delve into development. The amount of lights, polygons, and particle effects far exceed Halo 3's counts, despite being on the same hardware. Not to mention that it was higher resolution than 3 while doing all of those things. That takes a lot of engineering under the hood to accomplish, especially when you consider that the engine was about a decade old at that point in time.

>We're ending our publisher deal with Microsoft to pursue our own creative endeavors
>Hey guys we're signing on with Activision lol

Attached: 1349468089477.jpg (367x368, 47K)

>Halo 3 MLG babies

I remember most of the whining being about weapons having bloom so they couldn't win basically every fight at every reasonable engagement distance by spamming the trigger at the enemy's head with a Battle Rifle.

Reach got hate from everyone and the reason was because it was shit in almost every area. campaign sucked and was filled with cock teases, multiplayer was ass, and the game played like shit.

Fuck you faggot

Cringe

Go back, your standards are low, Reac got hate because it sucked, nothing more. Don't even know why you keep asking this stupid question.

>tfw Microsoft were the only reason they were any good
Fuck you kid, Myth, Marathon, and Oni were awesome. Bungie was one of the greatest and most varied of the 90s game devs.
Microsoft buying them and turning them into a one hit wonder only allowed to produce the same boring 'babys first fps' game again and again is what killed them.

They sought freedom and independence.

Weapon bloom was honestly a good change.
Armor abilities were pants on head stupid.

This

Go back to your shit hole hovel, ODST was perfection and Reach while having some serious issues was still overall a good game.

An amazing composer and person.

>perfection
You have some serious shit taste there.

Why did you quote me for that? I was talking about the game engines. Tiger is what Destiny 2 is running off of, and all FPS Halo games are on derivatives of the quake engine modifications Bungie made for Halo CE. The engine still uses the very outdated and hard to update-around tag library system, aka enjoy recompiling every fucking map if you want to add new weapons or armor. Bungie really squeezed every last drop of blood from the stone that was the 360's 2005 hardware, but other parts of their engine are laughably ancient. It's basically the shooter version of Bethesda never ever letting Gamebryo die.

They also cried hard enough to segregate spartans and elites to different playlists. Gave us kino Invasion, but Invasion could have also been so much more than it was.

Attached: 1565224107529.jpg (640x576, 34K)

>Do we return to Halo 2, at it's core it was an unfinished game? The developers have stated on numerous occasions that they ran out of time working on the campaign in order to push it for the release date.
why don't devs ever release games as finished years later for fans? I'd probably buy it if they did
same with Oblivion with fully functioning radiant AI

(((publishers))) is why. Shareholders and executives never ever play their product, it's just a means to an end of having their hand in your wallet. They don't see definitive versions of older games outside HD remasters or remakes as being financially lucrative; at least not compared to pump and dump reskin of whatever the hottest trend is this week.

I can understand why Elites and Spartans were segregated in regular matchmaking as mechanically they were slightly different (plus Elites were absolutely gigantic) but I do wish Elite versions of maps were put into regular slayer/objective/etc. rotation.

CE might as well not even be a Halo game as far as multiplayer goes, it's so far removed from how later games play.
While that game is my favorite, I think H2A was a pretty good base for a Halo game. It played like the other BR games, but didn't have the bugginess and jank of Halo 2 nor the randomness and casual shit from 3.

and yet people still think its a dead game

Well, the definition of a “complete game” is also kind of up in the air. It’s like a novel: you can keep writing and writing and editing and editing forever. I speak from experience there. Sometimes it’s good to have deadlines because over-crafting or over-producing is a real thing, and you can kill the original spark that made your idea good. Honestly it’s kind of a miracle Halo games are as good as they are. As it stands they make a satisfying complete trilogy, but it might not have been that way if they finished Halo 2.

>Bungie really squeezed every last drop of blood from the stone that was the 360's 2005 hardware,

What do you think of Halo 4?

>but other parts of their engine are laughably ancient.

Like what?

>CE might as well not even be a Halo game as far as multiplayer goes, it's so far removed from how later games play.

Explain?

Halo: CE on PC had some of the best multiplayer experiences and great maps

>why don't devs ever release games as finished years later for fans? I'd probably buy it if they did

It was called Halo 3?

>CE might as well not even be a Halo game as far as multiplayer goes, it's so far removed from how later games play
Aside from indestructible human vehicles and the lack of melee magnetism/lunge, how so?

Bungie has always been great with their art though. Destiny at least looks amazing.

Honestly one of my top five hopes for Infinite is a return of playable elites and an expanded version of Invasion. Bigger maps, map specific objectives. Something like Spire but on steroids.

There's a reason Halo 3 feels like Halo 2 Part 2. I agree with you however, I think people get too in their own heads about the what-if of cut content, and then feel cheated out of something that was likely half baked in its inception. That's how you end up with fags crying about Prey 2017 even after Human Head laid the massive turd that was Quiet Man.

I try to not think about Halo 4 even if it's the better of the 343 offerings in terms of campaign. Read my post again. Tag library is shit. Halo 5 looks fucking awful with LOD popup 12 feet away. 343 managed to make the game look like dogshit and STILL remove splitscreen. Put that shit down over it and never looked back.

Attached: image-3.png (670x1192, 915K)

D2 kinda falters, all the armor looks retarded and most of the planets (Io, Nessus, Mercury tangled shore,) are meh

Halo 5's problem was the engine, the Halo engine outlived its usefulness, this is why Halo 5 ended up in such a terrible state at launch, if they would have made Slipspace then, Halo 5 would have been fine.

I still think CE offers the best multiplayer experience on the market right next to TF2. Not even 2 came close to achieving this for me

CE is an instant fun bombastic wacky party game, 2 is too sweaty, and 3 is too dumbed down

It was just designed by different people with different expectations on what the game should be. As for actual gameplay, it's just very foreign to later Halo games.
CE is much more rotation-based than later games, and setups are almost nonexistent. In later Halo games, you secure a power position and keep enemies away from it. Power items spawn much more quickly in CE; rockets are every 2 minutes, snipers every 30 seconds, and everything else at the minute. If you try and lock down a section of the map, you're going to get fucked up by a combination of the powerups and strong grenades. The maps were all designed by people learning the 3D modelling programs as they go, while drawing influence from other shooters at the time. This created some abstract arenas that made for interesting encounters while later games tried to make their maps more cohesive and "functional" as real world spaces. Compare something like Chill Out to Turf, it's night and day.
Weapon lethality is a bit part of it too, even the slowest weapons in CE are faster than Halo 2's BR. You can get punished hard, but you're also capable of killing an Overshield player and his teammate with a single pistol mag.

Halo 5 would have been salvageable had they shitcanned whatever Brian Reed slung out of his asshole and started over. The engine was only a very small slice of the shit pie. Also Slipspace is going to be using the old engine as its codebase as I stated earlier. I won't be shocked if it literally is a case of Gamebryo to Creation, aka new rendering pipeline and not much else.

Attached: 1554610450618.jpg (740x559, 305K)

CE can get pretty sweaty in its own right, but has the capacity to be played as a splitscreen patty game.

The sandbox formula is the same and that's all that matters. This formula built CE, 2, and 3.

Attached: 1559098434227.png (607x683, 562K)

>Halo 5 looks fucking awful with LOD popup 12 feet away

How did Halo 4 get away with the LOD popup?

Halo 5 has bigger problems besides the engine.
Namely the whole fucking campaign.

It's probably that, 343i probably wanted to keep Halo's crazy physics system. I also agree, Reed can't write for shit and they should have kept him and Tim Longo away from the campaign.

>Honestly one of my top five hopes for Infinite is a return of playable elites and an expanded version of Invasion. Bigger maps, map specific objectives. Something like Spire but on steroids.

Why did 343i remove Invasion from Halo 4?

Rumble is solo quickplay and is currently in the game
Solo competitive is launching with the new expansion
Quickplay matches you based on connection
Competitive matches you on Bungie's own Elo which has been largely terrible, they're switching to normal Elo in the new expansion

Not really. The importance of guns, grenades, melee, etc. shifted greatly between titles. Melee isn't nearly as useful as it is in Halo 3, and grenades don't have as much utility in any of the later games as they do in CE.

Agreed

I've only gone through Halo 4's campaign once, got to the Pelican level and stopped playing. That was my own personal autism and having been spoiled by flying Pelicans for years in Custom Edition. I don't recall popup but it's been a few years.

Attached: 1564251238818.jpg (593x680, 55K)

Get someone to kill your ghost so you can die forever

what a sentence

>The maps were all designed by people learning the 3D modelling programs as they go, while drawing influence from other shooters at the time

What makes you say that?

>we didn't actually have a level artist, so a lot of the levels in Halo were me learning how to use 3D Studio Max.

>(laughter)

>Really?

>HL: Yeah! I was like, "Oh, I wonder what happens if I use this extrude tool. Whoa! That opens up all new possibilities!" (laughter) Anyway, it was a very, very small team.
gamasutra.com/view/news/111483/InDepth_Why_Halos_Multiplayer_Almost_Didnt_Make_It.php
Just looking at the maps, you can see quite a bit of Unreal & Quake influence in the overall level layouts. There are lots of segmented rooms and items for players to pick up everywhere.

Because they removed Elites, why have Invasion when you don't even have Elites. That was Bungie's fault for not making them work for three games.

>Just looking at the maps, you can see quite a bit of Unreal & Quake influence in the overall level layouts. There are lots of segmented rooms and items for players to pick up everywhere.

Thoughts about Max Hoberman aka Yeroen's map designs for Halo 2?

See also: Titan basketball shoulders

Good flag maps. CE lacked any sort of good small-scale symmetrical CTF maps. Wizard was a clusterfuck, and Derelict is a bit too easy to snowball. Midship was great, Sanctuary was pretty good I preferred the MLG version in Reach over the others. I don't know what maps he specifically worked on, but I'm not a huge fan of the open-air asymmetrical maps like Lockout and Ascension; they tend to play far too passively for anything but objective modes like Oddball. One or both teams can just post up in one of the towers and see the entire map while stopping any approach safely.
I admittedly don't care much for BTB either, so I hold no opinion on those maps.

>Wizard was a clusterfuck, and Derelict is a bit too easy to snowball.

Did you like the H2 remakes?

Warlock plays a lot better. It's a simple design, but giving players a bit more breathing room and not having 2x2 powerups on the map is a no-brainer. The H2A version was great with the added Sentinel Beam. That weapon never got the proper love it deserved.
Desolation has some good ideas, but it doesn't play as well with a BR. I'd have been open to trying it with CE item spawns and mechanics in place. Derelict's fatal flaw is that it plays too much like Prisoner, but worse.

>Maybe it'll come back for the PC port.
It's already confirmed the Beta is going on right now.

I was going to grind reckoning for good shit, finish the IB quests, use the menagerie buff to maybe try for some more shit, keep trying to finally get fucking Anarchy and Tarrabah and some other shit.

Instead I got Icebourne and I'm probably not coming back until the day before Shadowkeep to shard all my eververse shit and spare weapon mods.

For ODST, not Reach. I was in Fireflight.

All of the core devs left and were replaced by millenial college grads.

Its my dream for marty and joseph to team up again.

>Derelict's fatal flaw is that it plays too much like Prisoner, but worse.

What's wrong with Prisoner?

Borderlands 1 was good. But it got old. And its shooting mechanics aged poorly. 2 sucks so goddamn much. And though I haven't played 3, my understanding is that its a sequel to 2 and tries to dial up the meme humor exponentially. I'll pass on that. Borderlands makes Destiny look good [spoilers]Its not [/spoilers]

Nothing, Prisoner is arguably the best map in the game. Derelict's problem is that it has the same sort of value in top control, but the team in control can get a 20+ kill run all at once from it. It's much harder to break with how few forced top spawns you can give your teammate that aren't going to leave him out in the open. The only reliable way to break top control is to push down the camo with a grenade, but that is obviously telegraphed. Meanwhile, the team up top get both powerups, sniper, and 30-second rockets.

What is the general opinion on Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer?

It feels like much of the actual talent left. Honestly the single player Halo campaigns were all a bit lifeless after 2, with Reach being the worst, so I think they must have been bleeding good people before Destiny. And during Destiny itself it feels like whoever came up with the game's setting and some of the original content (like Vault of Glass) must have left, because the high point of an already mediocre game was that game's launch content, with only clueless blundering coming after

Really solid gameplay, but unfortunately lacking maps and only playable in a collection that was broken for nearly half a decade while also needing to compete against the most popular games in the series. It's basically Halo 3 with hiscan and a BR that remains accurate past 15 meters and better weapon balance in general.

>It feels like much of the actual talent left.

Steve Cotton?

myth 2: soulblighter

I have fun in it but man I really wish they reused the singleplayer's assets. The Halo 4 models are so visually cluttered I have major issues trying to discern if elites are facing me or not. Spartans only moderately less because they have a big orange "shoot me here" on the head hitbox.

Bait

>I have fun in it but man I really wish they reused the singleplayer's assets

Does anyone know why they didn't?

2 different studios made them

Outsourced.

the halo trilogy is great, but we all know this and myth TFL were their best games

Attached: Myth_II_Cover.jpg (1324x1465, 1.23M)

With Marathon, not Halo

Compared to its contemporaries Marathon may have pioneered storytelling in a first person medium but not gameplay by a long shot. Halo absolutely defined shooters for over a decade and in some aspects continue to do so still. Any multiplayer online shooter can trace its roots to Halo 2's system. Fuck, even the 360's menus and setup were built to emulate how Bungie formulated Halo 2.