Link's Awakening Complaining Thread

>extremely tedious dungeons
>bird constantly chiming in on the overworld
>bosses are terrible
>music is good but not enough variety, 90% of the overworld is the normal zelda theme

the only thing this game does better than alttp is making you like marin (whereas who gives a shit about zelda in alttp).

ending would have been better if you disappeared and it turned out that you were actually in marin's dream, and that you'd breifly met her on some other adventure and she was dreaming about you. that's better than link losing his gf and waking up in the middle of the ocean, basically being guaranteed to die to out there alone and starving, wind fish doesn't even help him out, he just fucks off

Attached: links_awakening.jpg (220x220, 24K)

haha bait snoy xD nintendo can do no wrong

It just was never meant as a mainline game. It's a spin-off, which explains the whole dream thing. It doesn't make it any less Zelda though, but it's a experience that people will either love or hate.

The original game for its era was fine, considering the grand limitations the thing had being a fucking Game Boy project. As a Switch remake, it's incredibly underwhelming and only does a "transition" of GB to Switch, rather than reinventing the game into becoming more than just its GB iteration.

I'm sad the remake isn't as grand as I had hoped for, but at the same time, I should have seen it coming miles away given the 1:1 remaking which isn't even that accurate given it's from the ground up.

tl;dr as a spin-off game, letting it out of the GB era actually hurt it more than it should by not reinventing, when the game was simply supposed to be very short and simple, more geared towards puzzles and that experience that really only works when you hear it the first time and even then, that might only work for its original iteration due to the GB era chipset being more airy compared to the more generic singing and other things that played with the rest

agree completely, this is essentially just an HD port to switch and it kind of makes me dislike the original by association. if they had made the same game but put it on 3DS instead i don't think i'd have the feeling

>LA is a spinoff

Attached: 1509826815946.png (273x228, 118K)

>Getting mad about Link's Awakening

Get some fucking taste.

people cut is so much slack because it was great for a gameboy game. giving it pretty 3D graphics and charging 60 bucks is ridiculous for what it is

OH NO

Attached: ezgif-4-7d8f6b55e404.gif (400x533, 2.27M)

the fuck is this shit

You know what he meant you fucking retard.

No D-Pad controls is the only real issue in the game

Lack of meaningful new content if you are feeling picky, a new bonus dungeon woulda been nice.

Yes, I too confuse "spinoff" and "sequel" all the time.

my wife really wants it

wat. it is not any more of a sequel than any other zelda game, he's just saying it's not a "real" mainline entry

game boy game: 40 dollars
switch remake: 50 dollars

10 dollars for outstanding graphics, charm, QOL additions, chamber dungeon and expanded minigame and collectible content

seems like a fair deal, TBQH

have her boyfriend buy it LOLOLOLOL

It looks cute, but I have absolutely nothing I feel ought to be improved or changed about the original, so I don't need to play this.

I do hope it will have more people enjoy a lovely game.

It is as much as Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Four Swords Adventure and Breath of the Wild.

How?

So Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass aren't "real" sequels either?

>It just was never meant as a mainline game.
And yet it's a mainline game.

It takes place immediately after link to the past.

>It takes place immediately after link to the past
false

Not sure if retard or failed bait attempt.

Bitter manchildren make memes out of real kids having fun.

Hey look, a retard.

Ok fine, it takes place after link to the past. Either way it's the same link

The original is still shit. If you paint shit gold it's still shit. I guess it's a bit better since there's no whiplash screen transitions, but that doesn't make it not shit.

And the art style is dumb. "Oh it's cute" doesn't make it good. It doesn't fit the game except that both suck.

Attached: BotW_Hestu's_Gift_Icon.png (144x144, 12K)

zoom zoom

You can't be seriously implying LttP's dungeons are less tedious than LA's dungeons. LttP's dungeons are all trash. Big empty enemy spam rooms, no direction, very loose themes, shitty items (2 canes?). Really fucking bad. The bosses are about the same... and the "bird" isn't a big deal. He says like 2 lines every hour.

How do you fall out of love with a video game character

Attached: IMG_20190921_172456.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Wrong pic

Attached: IMG_20190921_172455.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Oops

Attached: IMG_20190921_172453.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

cringe

How do you from this... to THIS?

Attached: 17p3b6ajnnx5vjpg.jpg (1200x675, 138K)

Why did people want Captain rainbow localized

>Characters like Birdo, Famicom Wars soldiers, Takamaru, Little Mac, and Lip all together in one surreal and unconventional game
Gee user I don't know

I'm getting a draw to buy it everytime I see it or some stupid YT thumbnail.
I don't exactly have to watch out for money, but I'm finishing up Torna and will start DQ11S next week when I get it. Talk me out of it anons, please, I don't need it in my backlog for full price.
I played the DX version on 3DS about 3 years ago. Was around my 5th playthrough.