The Nintendo Switch Lite uses the exact same piece of shit Joycon sticks that end up drifting after a couple of months...

>The Nintendo Switch Lite uses the exact same piece of shit Joycon sticks that end up drifting after a couple of months of use.

youtube.com/watch?v=mF3hsaZviUU

OH NO NO NO NO ARE YOU SERIOUS NINTENDO?

Attached: 24f342.png (715x680, 661K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PU1on5kIgYg?t=250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Japanese can be so stubborn. They probably believe everyone else is wrong because japanese buyers accept things as they are.

it will be fine and the snoyboy seething will never end

What do you even mean by drifting? I’ve had my switch for a year or so and my sticks don’t seem to have anything wrong with them

Consider yourself lucky.

>empty boxes on the wall.
jesus h christ

They aren't the sturdiest of control sticks and some of the components wear quickly.

Considering I've got a GameCube controller that lasted since Melee and 360 controllers, I've already got a Joycon on the way out.

Enjoy paying another 69.99 every time they eventually crap out, shill.

Drifting means the sticks do not stay firmly in a neutral position, they drift

It'd be like if your mouse was constantly drifting slightly to the right

So nintendo is going to get sued even more over this.

You'll know it when it happens, and it will happen.

Remember when Nintendo was well known for creating tough products that stood the test of time and abuse?

>nintendo annouce a cheaper product
>nintendo jews out and the quaality is shit

it's like you did'nnt learn nothing from the new 2ds

but it is jewed on original switch as well
even the d pad sucks ass

Good God, I remember hearing about the TN screens and the mix and match all over the 3DS's

>People on Yea Forums actually bought a Switch Lite

The OG Switch is superior in every way, if anything you spend $100 less and gave up 50% functionality of the OG Switch. If anything it's a downgrade.

Literally never encountered this problem because I play on a TV like a normal person, not outside like a manchild.

Not to mention at this point there's no ability to hack it which means you've lost several advantages this could have had for just portable emulation choices. It's just like the Wii Mini and 2DS lines, garbage mean to entice parents to buy the system for kiddies who won't care about the lack of ability.

I have a regular Switch and i would have bought one when a cool Limited Edition came out if they fixed the sticks, the regular Switch doesn't feel good as a handheld, i'd rather have a smaller dedicated portable that is one single object, joycons end up wobbling after some time.

Not about playing outside, it's about playing like a spaz and breaking your shit through overuse. Remember all the retards who were breaking their 3DS's Nubs over Smash 4?

Why not just get the upgraded Switch like I am? It even has more battery power than Switch Lite

All sticks will drift eventually they have design issues.

the OG switch isn't even that big. why do people keep claiming that it is? it feels as lite as a vita imo.

>Upgraded Switch

You mean the Switch that nobody knows anything about and is top secret classified stuff? The Switch that we don't even know when it's coming out and Nintendo hasn't shown us what it looks like or mentioned anything about it? That Switch?

it wasn't meant to be an upgrade. The sole purpose of the lite is to be a cheaper alternative for children or for people who only like handheld mode. Expect it to sell well.

Why do you feel the need to spout nonsense like this? I have never had any problems with drifting control sticks until I got a Switch.

The OG Switch is too heavy for soibabbies.

>Alternative for children

You have that right.

The Switch that got the bigger battery you retard. The one that came out already.

He's talking about the new model with double the battery life, the one that comes in a different box.

That's true for most current controllers and the only one that supposedly doesn't have any problems is the Xbone one.

Yeah but both screens were perfectly functional and had pros cons. This is just shitty for something they can easily fix

This. These idiots never pay attention to anything.

Only stupid people who treat their handhelds like shit will have a problem.

For everyone else this is a non issue.

I am a literal Nintendo faggot through and through, but defending their inability to recognize this shit as a manufacturing defect and continuing to fail to address and fix the problem is retarded and so are you.

yes that was exactly my point. Nintendo will make millions, and the consumers will love it.

It's called a "Redbox Switch" you troglodytes

It's just a vocal minority of people who handle their hardware like gorillas.
My JoyCons are from launch and are just fine.

Attached: 1568151509572.png (370x320, 14K)

Don’t reply to bait like 478840497

Same for me and I've played a shit ton of switch games with them, but I do think the joycons aren't exactly well built.

You either don't play much or don't play games requiring lots of fast movement. Your shit's not gonna break playing jrpgs.

>joycons drift easily
so i'm better off getting a regular wired pad instead, huh?

I play smash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: kot (3).jpg (172x169, 13K)

> Make fighting/party game that relies on quick changing movements
> Make controllers fragile and easily damaged from quick movement

They gave the joycons none of the durability of their previous console controllers. Probably why each time a smash game came out they made a way to use a GameCube controller.

>I am a literal Nintendo faggot through and through

Attached: 1568682587913.png (613x619, 147K)

I got a switch lite on a whim since the original switch is kind of shit for actual portable play, and I enjoy it far, far more as a portable. It's more compact, it has a much better matte finish, it's got a dpad by default, it doesn't have that flimsy feel around where the joycons connect that make you feel like it could snap by grabbing it the wrong way.

I'm just going to keep my original switch docked for games that are far better for home play, and use the lite for literally everywhere else. Fire Emblem Three houses is mega comfy in the bed on my lite.

Actually, the analog stick is different and was replaced with the analog stck that is a part of the new model joycon
Source: youtu.be/PU1on5kIgYg?t=250

does the new joycons drift?

How hard are you on your joy con analog sticks?
Because some people play with those sticks like fucking animals and push them hard in multiple directions very quickly.

It's the 3DS Circle Pad scenario all over again. People who had issues with that tend to push and press the Circle Pad down very hard, which caused them to fall off.

Do you play Smash at all? Because a lot of the Circle Pad issues came from Smash on 3DS, and it seems like majority of drifting issues for Switch didn't start happening until Smash Ultimate came out.

Are you a retard

We don't know yet. If they do drift, we're fucked.
At the very least, they are not using the OG joy cons, which definitely would drift.

you don't even have to go hard,barely used my right joycon and it started drifting after a year,and that stick is just for the camera... in the teardown videos you see it's a little metal shit scraping the contact and fucking everything up ,hopefulle the new revision uses a stronger material but this is total bullshit

Yes.

OHNONOONNONONO

WE CANT STOP WINNING,PLAYBROS!!!

WHERE ALL MY PLAYCHADS AT!!!??

honest question, why can't they just reuse the analog tech from previous controllers that didn't have drifting issues? are they too big to fit inside the joycons or what?

Proof?

Attached: PROOF.jpg (317x142, 8K)

Attached: Soydam.jpg (993x1200, 90K)

>mfw got a switch a month ago with MK8 bundled for 260 usd

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

same here. I've had my switch since lost, played 500 hours of Zelda, hundreds of hours of other games. My sticks don't drift. Either other people are doing something weird while playing that wears down their sticks, or not all the sticks have the flaw (highly unlikely).

Here is what I think: I think people are tards and accidentally click the stick in (as in, they are holding R3 or L3) while moving with the stick, this is pushing the stick into the cheap graphite padding and causing it to scratch off.

>lost

what the fuck, I meant launch.

Don't be retarded, it's not wear, it is dust causing bad connections inside the joystick.

If you don't know about the topic, don't talk.

I was really hyped for the switch lite until I realized you can't swap out the joycons. Between the bad dpad and the fact that it'll be broken in 2 years, you'd have to be retarded to buy one of these

I got a new switch for 245 and hacked it about a year ago, fight me faghot

It's not wear, I've cleaned my joysticks twice and they are perfectly fine, it is microscopic dust that causes interference.

reminder that this hasn't ever been proven to be a mass defect

It is a design oversight, dust deposits on top of the connections after normal use under normal conditions, cleaning them fixes it, though, not everyone can do that since it is hard to do.

Of course it has and the other guy is lying the joycons remain the same to this day.

what was all this shit in the news about graphite pads wearing down then? Why has that never been corrected? How come some people don't get the drift (I've had my switch since launch, using the same joycons for everything, make international flights with it twice yearly)?

Retards that don't know how to use their controllers and even bigger retards that don't know how to fix electronics and opening them like they are cracking nuts.

What really baffles me is that people bought a switch lite to use as a second switch that they play on the go. Like what the fuck that defeats the purpose of even owning a regular switch.

what the fuck are so many people doing wrong that is causing this though? I don't take any extra care with my shit, literally just toss those joycons into a dirty and dusty bookbag when I travel with it. And like I said, since launch, no issues with drift.

works on my machine (nintendo switch lite teal colorway)™

This is something bothering me. I need switch for SMTV but have no idea about quality of new lite models. My 2DS is still alive but L2/R2 sucks

My Joycons are fine and I've had my Switch since launch.

It's also been collecting dust since launch

Luck I guess, like I said, they either mistreat their shit or dust hasn't gotten in the way yet, I live in a very dusty place, after the first time I cleaned them it took almost a year to start drifting again.