Well, Yea Forums? Which Platinum game is better?

Well, Yea Forums? Which Platinum game is better?

Attached: 1568980934232.jpg (633x711, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata
youtube.com/watch?v=D4x4i8QAAhY
metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata---game-of-the-yorha-edition
youtube.com/watch?v=foMy45Ec3eM
youtube.com/watch?v=L30lyKReD9g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Automata's combat was fucking abysmal, almost all the weapons feel the same and there's no penalty for dodge spamming.

The one that's still discussed, I'd wager.

AC has much better gameplay but shit story

N:A has much better story but shit gameplay

oh look it's this thread again

I haven't played AC but N:A is the most overrated game of this generation by far.

The amount of praise and attention it gets over Gestalt never fails to make me butthurt.

This one

Attached: raidenmetalgearrisingrevengeance.jpg (1920x1200, 1.18M)

NA isn't a very good game to start with so AC.

this

based

Attached: 1564175597649m.jpg (1024x742, 141K)

Astral Chain's combat isn't perfect, but it was fun and new and I hope there's a sequel that expands on it.

Nier of course had the better story (AC's was fucking trash) but god damn did I have to push myself to keep going witht that combat. If I didn't have the carrot-on-a-stick knowing 9S would eventually go full fun time rage mode I probably wouldn't have finished it. I'm a sucker for 'punished' characters.

I've never played Astral Chain but I'm sure it's the best of the two.
Automata was extremely mediocre; easily one of PG's worst games.

The Wonderful 101

They're both shit

Astral Chain because gameplay >>>>> story. That being said MGR and Bayonetta are significantly better than either.

This is Yea Forums. One of the games is Switch exclusive, the other is on everything BUT the Switch. You'll figure it out.

Bayo 1 > Bayo 2 > MGR > AC > 101 > Nier > Vanquish.

Vanquish.

who do I believe?

(you)

/thread

I'm Vanquish is super fun when you start it, but declines very quickly since it's very repetitive and never gets more exciting than its first boss. Also it's very short. It's a great proof of concept, but not a great game imo

NieR Automata, not even debatable.

i don't know what you mean by that user

>press R2 to win

Very debatable.

nier's story was shit too

AC has a better story than Automata.

I prefer AC by a lot, but AC's story is really bad NGE fanfiction.

Astral Chain's story was mostly fine for me, despite being very predictable, until the very end of the game. That ending really ruined it for me.

Yeah Automata is 2deep4u Wall-E

>Yea Forums hates Nier Automata now

What the FUCK happened?

Astral Chain
NieR has a lot of tedium inbetween the fun bits

Attached: 1514073502569.gif (265x200, 71K)

They moved on to other waifus

The one that wasn't on a shitty tablet

Attached: 325423562346.jpg (740x429, 65K)

AC is the most disappointing platinum game I've played yet, Nier Automata is a mid tier platinum title so i'll go with N:A

automata by far..
i just cant get into astral chain and the stage structure sucks, you always have to rewatch cutscenes when you forgot the golden slime for example in a level .

see
and since the game can't stand on its own, people realized that the combat was garbage

Nier: Automata.
By a landslide.

Kids crying about its gameplay have no idea what they're babbling about.

>most overrated game this gen
That's not TLOU.
Also, It is an all around upgrade from Gestalt.

Nier's combat was fucking shit, I don't know how you can defend it

how is that relevant to the actual games?

WASH AWAY THE ANGER

Attached: 1521142585994.jpg (1920x1080, 293K)

Both Nier and TLOU are super overrated, but nobody with good taste likes TLOU. Nier is generally liked by everybody of every demographic.

They both have nice butts. That should be all that matters

>but nobody with good taste likes TLOU
The same should apply to Automata as well. At least TOUL isn't a cringefest and has high production values. Besides the waifus there is nothing of high quality in Automata every part of it is mediocre at best.

HERE I STAND BENEATH THE WARM AND SOOTHING RAIN

>Framerate&Graphics tied to Shitch hardware
>How does that relate to the games?
I can't even believe this shit.

Attached: dims.jpg (1400x788, 187K)

Nier had the superior Ass

too soon

Attached: sad thanos.jpg (715x719, 33K)

Are you retarded or baiting? It's extremely hard to tell.

THE DROPLETS FALLING DOWN ON THE TERRAIN

It's a question of whether you prefer Marie's big tits or 2B's fat ass

Attached: EFA-tHnU8AAyvYZ[1].jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 5

WASH AWAY THE SORROW ALL THE STAINS OF TIME

Automata's combat really shines in the DLC unfortunately

>finally get your dream project
>fuck it up

Attached: image0-16-1.jpg (1125x998, 216K)

DMC is a Capcom game you colossal faggot.

nier's gameplay is intentionally shit :^)

idc

Both games have shit graphics though.

Third post best post.

>I'm gonna ignore the pc version because it doesn't suit my argument

True.

Automata is still great, but it feels like the parts that are Platinum, and the parts that are Yoko Taro don't synergize quite well. Meanwhile in MGR, Kojimbo's idiotic but autisticly refined storytelling and Platinum's chruazy spectacles somehow manage to push each other above the sum of their parts. The silly but well-thought story gives more immersive and cooler context to the action, and the focus on steel-solid action limits Kojimbo's influence from going rampant.

I played it on PC and it runs and looks like shit. I don't even want to know how it runs on PS4/XBO

astral chain because good gameplay > good story, simple

at least they both have godlike music

this, based yoko taro does it again! ;)

AC because I'm more of a gameplay guy

also bonus points for all the snoy tears

Nier Automata's PC version is infamous for running like Stephen Hawking.

Aren't the Transformers and Korra Platinum games actually decent?

should have gotten Yoko Taro to direct AC, the gameplay loop is great, the story is enjoyable shonen trash but i feel it could have been better

Attached: tenor.png (540x300, 206K)

88 vs 93
Forgotten after 1 month vs Still considered a masterpiece years later

You say that like nier doesn't have good gameplay, what a faggot you are.

It doesn't, since when is dodge spamming fum

Astral Chain is a far better game

Where did you get 93 from?

metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata

have you actually played an action game in your life, you fucking retard? nier is borderline unplayable with its shitty dodges, boring weapons and braindead AI

youtube.com/watch?v=D4x4i8QAAhY
why can't i get this stupid song out of my head?, sounds just like one of those stock youtube tunes people used on very tutorial video back in the day and yet i can't stop listening to this one

Attached: tumblr_mzfbtrFz4x1si2hf0o1_400.gif (400x225, 116K)

Atral Chain has superior gameplay and Automata has superior story.

91*
metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata---game-of-the-yorha-edition

AC because it's on switch.

vanquish

Astral Chain is better as an actual video since the gameplays actually good

Based

>GOTY edition
>Universal acclaim based on 10 Critics

Really user?

AC's story is fine while Niers gameplay was shit so AC is better overall

>D-DOESN'T COUNT!!

It's ruined by its dodge frames. Way too lenient

i like the transformers one, but i am a massive transformers fanboy.

Attached: Weaponizers 009.jpg (2304x1728, 676K)

>AC is better overall
Says absolutely nobody of relevance.

Nier was just as bad. Nips are too autistic to write original stories so they always stick to cliches

Transformers Devastation had a God tier OST. Can't believe it got pulled.

Nier felt like a boring but methodical seinen while AC felt like a hackneyed but fun shonen. They're both good in their own way.

>forgotten after 1 month

Not even close.

Says anyone who prefers gameplay to story, you know, like actual people who play video games.

>30fps
>QTEs
Dropped

youtube.com/watch?v=foMy45Ec3eM

Attached: Visualizers 005.jpg (2304x1728, 632K)

Absolutely nobody gives a shit about your opinion. NieR Automata is better, get over it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190921-234159_Chrome.jpg (1080x1120, 395K)

Nobody gives a shit about yours, you didn't even explain why it's better.

Do you have an original thought of your own or do you just parrot what other people say like an NPC?

>Nobody gives a shit about yours
Good thing I just posted straight facts instead of my opinion.
>B-But I think they're wrong and my original thoughts are right!!!
Nobody gives a shit.

>[insert opinion here] is better, get over it.
damn, this guy's actually REEE'ing, that's kinda funny

Attached: Id+legit+laugh+at+the+sherlock+one+if+that+came+_da385120a18cf05b5cd4dd8a52d9557a.jpg (413x395, 19K)

Nier isn't a pure action game, everyone who went in expecting it to be Bayonetta or MGR is an idiot, they flat out said it would be a Yoko Taro game first and a Platinum game second

Which is why it's so disappointing and bested by Gestalt.

If Taro directed AC, it wouldn't have been fun. Taura is clearly a much better director when it comes to making an actual video game. Taro can stick to stageplays or whatever gay shit he's on.

Even with the 10 point Nintendo bonus Asscrap Chain can't touch Automata. Damn...

Platishit should be ashamed. They're truly a one trick pony stuck rehashing Bayo's combat system endlessly, utterly lost without a 3rd party director guiding them

This.

I don't even know why everyone here pretending to believe otherwise.

>I just posted straight facts instead of my opinion.

Attached: 2jy24u.jpg (636x773, 32K)

>it's meant to be unfun!

Neither AC or Nier play anything like Bayo you retard.

Attached: 1567146227395.png (1396x720, 508K)

Nice try Japanese Phil Fish

>Nier's combat was fucking shit,
No it is not.
What kind of fucking metrics are ya zoomers using anyway?

>At least TOUL isn't a cringefest
L-O-L.
>high production values
that do not show anywhere.

Nobody's pretending, people got sick of the repetitive combat and easy dodge-to-win gameplay and moved on to the next waifu of the month.

>No weapon variety
>No combos
>Dodge windows that take a century

Everybody agrees that it's the story and music that's good about Nier, not the actual combat.

>No combos

Attached: 1568973665981.jpg (300x698, 124K)

Because it's good. It sets the atmosphere perfectly. I'd stack AC's soundtrack up to Automata's, no problem.
youtube.com/watch?v=L30lyKReD9g

It's funny watching Yea Forums hate Automata. I've been telling you niggers for ages.

Attached: 428.jpg (400x399, 135K)

>No weapon variety
4 weapon types, each with numerous weapon variants with their own gimmick perk, drone ranged weapons, drone magic attacks w/ power ups, plus hand-to-hand that nobody uses.
How is that not "variety"?
>no combos
Literally false.
Just because you are not rooted on your spot and left unable to maneuver around (like in DMC and such) does not meant there would not be combos.
And even if we pretended you'd be right, I still fail to see how this sort of thing would be a negative in a game like this.
>dodge windows that take a century
Not a negative thing.

Vanquish

>Shitty combos and easy dodge windows aren't a negative

ok casual

>shit gameplay but "good" story
>incredibly popular especially on Yea Forums
disgusting

It's such a relief. At least Automata gave Drakengard more attention.

Automata is overall better. I think Automata suceeds at so much on so many levels that its in a completely different league from Astral Chain, which is just a really good game.

>No weapon variety
Kind of, but its split between 2 different play styles so its fine.

>No combos
Its a shame how many people think this, especially with 9S. Seeing people spam hacking and defend it by saying that the game forces you to hack with 9S gives me physical pain every time.
>Dodge windows that take a century
I prefer it over to Astral Chain's tight dodge windows that animation lock you and don't prevent you from getting hit by an enemy followup because there is no slow down. Dodging in AC is just annoying.

>Everybody agrees that it's the story and music that's good about Nier, not the actual combat.
The combat isn't the best but like AC, its not just about the combat, its about the complete package. That doesn't mean the combat is bad by any means. Its serviceable at worse and gives you room to do some neat cancels if you really care.

>shitty combos
Your subjective nitpicking does not make the combos shitty, and this specific nitpick does not translate into "shitty game" either.

>easy dodge windows
How is it a negative again?
Clearly you think NA to be something else than it actually is. I bet you never even touched the original NieR, nufag.

wat

Nier wins by simply not being a switch exclusive.

casual reminder that near a tomato gained traction for two main reasons: 2bs butt (a2 and commander are better, but waifufaggots didn't play past ending a), and console warriors rallying behind it due to being viewed as the best non-nintendo game in a year with two first party nintendo 97s. :^)

>I bet you never even touched the original NieR

NieR isn't the original game in the series, retard faggot

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard

Agreed, and I even like Automata. The gameplay is simply not very good.

Nier wins by default because it's not a 30fps QTE button mash shitfest

Currently in File 6, AC's pacing is kinda shit but when it's good, holy shit it's REALLY good.

Haven't played Automata except its demo, which is pretty cool. Will I like it if I like AC?

>Nier
>not a QTE button masher

It has by far the most simplistic combat of any Platinum game by far, I'm afraid.

>NieR isn't the original game in the series,
Wow, so you actually know how to use a Wikipedia? Nice attempt to try to cover your ass by topic-switching.

Yes, there literally is not a single QTE in N:A.

Automata is a better game overall imo but it's not a beat 'em up, it's a JRPG with beat 'em up/shoot 'em up mechanics.

Astral Chain is the better beat 'em up, but I consider it a lot weaker than Metal Gear Rising and God Hand overall.

>Will I like it if I like AC?
Big "maybe".
AC is pretty much one big homage to the entire history of Platinum games. There's bits of N:A there, but N:A is not such a straighforward action game either.
I personally prefer Nier.

Agreed. However, Nier Automata also had a shit story, maybe even worse than Astral Chain.

>knowing what Drakengard is "using Wikipedia".

Obvious ignorant nigger faggot is obvious. Go play D3 instead of babby's first action game.

You're a sucker for anime ass and titties and licking shit judging by your comment. Read a book you tasteless nigger

always remember to ignore poorfags user.

>Obvious ignorant nigger faggot is obvious
Don't try to cover yourself up, kid. I actually own the whole Taro package, and played them long before they became "cool" to the ass-loving retards.

>Go play D3 instead
And what would that be? Doom3? Disgaea3?
If you're referring to DoD3, then I must request you to post a time-stamped photo of your 100% playthrough file, followed by absolutely biggest face palm if you think that game is somehow "better" combat-wise than Automata.

You might. Keep in mind that the gameplay """"variety"""" in Nier: Automata is simply changing the camera from one perspective to another. And prepare to run through badly designed, drab environments for hours.

The combat is also a lot worse. The music is better. The story is considerably worse.

>The story is considerably worse.
dis shit taste nigga lmfao

>Keep in mind that the gameplay """"variety"""" in Nier: Automata is simply changing the camera from one perspective to another.
This is literally false.

>story is considerably worse
it is one thing to be a blatant shill, but Jesus christ... that's just pure mental illness.

Metal Gear Rising.

MGR was the beginning of the end for Platishit. Started their trend of style-over-substance button masher QTEfests

Shut the fuck up.

I'm coming at this from the opposite side, I didn't like Automata, but I loved Astral Chain. The problem with Automata's combat is that while it has mechanics that should be good, the game never gives you any opportunity to utilize or demonstrate those mechanics because the balancing is so awful. People hack with 9S because it's by far the best, fastest, safest, most efficient way to clear out an entire room of enemies. If they weren't hacking, they'd probably be chucking spears for a similar reason. It's not that there's no combos, it's that there's no reason to ever combo anything. The enemies all have piddly health and the only encounters that last long enough to do anything are the boss fights which are a messy slugfest. Similarly, the terrible balancing also means that the dodge is your all encompassing perfect defense option and merely knowing that mashing it gives you infinite i-frames kills any sense of skill or enjoyment. Beyond that, there are other problems that people never seem to mention, like the fact that attack up items in the game are broken beyond belief and let you melt through every encounter in seconds. This is why the combat isn't serviceable, it's bad. All the tech in the world wouldn't save it from being boring when the mechanics are all so poorly considered and don't fit together, like being able to shoot continuously while simultaneously dodging. It's not fun.

This wouldn't be a fatal flaw if not for the fact that when you step back at the complete package, Automata is almost all combat and fetch questing through about five or six tiny areas. You're either fighting or getting from point A to B, with a few bad shmup sequences thrown in the mix.

>MGR a button masher

I bet you're one of those retards that didn't know how to parry.

The combat is serviceable. You better have some good examples how it’s shit combat because what’s posted here is just plain bait.

> games not fun when I min max
Really?

The fun in gameplay-driven video games comes from getting good at them. If being good isn't fun the game sucks.

The gameplay was ok. I enjoyed bayonetta 2 and playing neir:A afterwards felt like a little let down as I didn’t feel like the game wasn’t pressuring me to get good but it was hard enough where I just needed to be competent. To be honest I don’t think neir:A is a combat focused game as the combat was just dressing for the story telling.

You talk like the surge of 2B posting waifufags somehow hasn't rendered Nier threads unreadable and Drakengard threads damaged beyond repair.

Astral Chain for sure.

AC had better gameplay but Nier A better story. AC is better because gameplay is more important.

I liked Astral Chain more.

Putting aside gameplay for a second, can we discuss Automata's story? Because I didn't think it was very good and I want to know what other people liked about it.

It had a lot of very cool ideas, but I thought the characters were weak, and only 9S got enough screentime. The narrative itself is also intentionally disjointed and mostly pointless, but I don't think the game really got anything out of doing that.

The main problems I have is that 2B is a very flat boring character that gets no development and isn't actually challenged by what ends up being the most important conflict promised by the story, because she just dies before anything happens. Her entire character is being in love with 9S and being torn up over being tasked with killing him all the time. First off, we don't see why she falls in love with him in the first place, she starts the story that way. Secondly, by the time 9S finds out about the purpose of YoRHa, he doesn't tell 2B, he confronts the commander for some reason. I thought this was a huge missed opportunity, because the story would've probably been much better if he had confided in 2B instead, because then 2B would've had to make a choice about what to do. We could've seen that pivotal decision where she resolves to defy orders and not kill 9S. Maybe even make it ambiguous. Then the tragic irony would be that, after making this momentous decision, she just dies anyway. It would've been great to see her have some agency, make a change, and it would've been equally great thematically for that to have been pointless.

So there are two aspects of 2B's character, being in love and being tasked with killing her love, and then the story really never does anything with that. She's just stuck being static and boring. Why does she love 9S? Why did 9S love her? All of these interesting characterizing moments that could've been that just aren't there. Relegated to some prequel short story that throws its hands up in the air and claims that it's fate.

BULLSEYE

I just don’t buy 2b “ loves “ 9S. Her job was to kill him if and when he knew too much ( whatever that threshold is). If he confided in her. She would of just killed him. Granted there are times she says something which can be taken both ways like “ take care of 9S” meaning “ please look after him “ or “
Please kill him because I can’t “. You do have some fair points about pacing or coming off as unfocused .

Astral Chain
While it’s overarching story is a lot dumber, the actual character writing is charming and the side activities are entertaining or immersive.
The combat, it goes without saying, is much better as well

Nier Automata by far.

>YokoTaro story distracts people from the bland combat
It’s weird because I should have liked it more but I mostly just felt like the gameplay was boring and eventually I just watched the rest of ENDING e on YouTube

What is "good game" or "better game" is highly subjective. In relation to the impact on majority of players and reviewers both Japanese and western Automata is an absolute leader. Astral Chain is good game, maybe one of the platinum's best, and of course it has better gameplay in terms of action, but I highly doubt it will be the same milestone Automata was. A lot of people all around the world is eagerly waiting for Nier\Automata\Drakengard sequel, will they be waiting for AC2 as much? And let's not forget that Automata draw a lot of attention to platinum games and their new projects.

>>games not fun when I min max
You say that like there's no fun to be had in minmaxing in the first place
There's a reason people do it, you know

Both stories are just as cringy and stupid.
So AC wins not because it's a particularly well made game. the pacing, filler and shitty minigames actually sucks
but because nier automata gameplay is so shockingly bad and it has nothing good about it.

Automata isn't even the best Yoko Taro story

They're both different tbqh.

>The main problems I have is that 2B is a very flat boring character that gets no development

>playing the dub

Attached: 1490559758499.jpg (386x526, 93K)

(You) tried

>the side activities are entertaining or immersive
Except that one you have to move the cars around, it was easy but felt like a waste of space.

Korra is very, very mediocre, which was fine since the price tag was like $15 on release when it was still being sold. Very basic gameplay, enemy variety was literally just colored ninjas, fedora wearers, a giant robot with a drill, and a giant robot with a drill but its red now so its angrier and faster. Also and old man. How Platinum managed to squeeze out 5 hours from an enemy roster like that is feat in and of itself, but they did it admirably.

End game you did feel like the fucking avatar as switching elements was smooth as shit and fights turned into hurling boulders at mooks caught in tornados while you fist of the north star the ever living shit out of a stray goon with flaming fists.

btfo

>QTEs
how come you shitposters don't actually play the game

Actually don't answer that, I know why. Because you can't.

He's referring to the large amount of canned animations in combat like finishers and sync attacks.
he's calling them QTEs cause some people just call all scripted cinematic stuff QTE.

Well, the half of the lore of Yoko Taro games is in additional materials. It's maybe bad for games narrative and understanding but this is just how it is. Two short stories about 2B and 9S encounters before game explain everything and reveals 2B personality, her feels and all the suffering she went through. She is much deeper character, but it's true that in game we don't actually see this
>We could've seen that pivotal decision where she resolves to defy orders and not kill 9S
And it would be the worst thing and cliche as fuck: "Oh, let me rebel against authorities!". There is no possibility to defy her orders. In this case command would just replace her with other E-model, it would be even worse for 2B. As we know from pre-game short stories she tried to find the way out but there is none. In game itself it reflected in Cruel blood oath weapon story, but without side materials it is pretty vague of course. Btw, by the time the game started it was their 47th encounter, so she didn't care about humanity at all at this point.
> most important conflict promised by the story
What? The game story has nothing to do with this. In the first place It's not conflict to resolve. It's just cruel reality they had to deal with and nothing could be done.

>Astral Chain's tight dodge windows that animation lock you and don't prevent you from getting hit by an enemy followup because there is no slow down.
See this isn't really true. You can dodge multi-hit attacks in AC, the successive dodges just have to be away from the attack, not towards/through them. AC is probably platinum's most defensive game, and there's like 5 different defensive options that are fairly well balanced, and you have to choose which one to use based on who you're fighting and which legion you're using. Defense in AC is pretty well done.

Now I wouldn't criticize Nier's combos in relation to AC because the latter doesn't have any real focus on combos.

>press sword button
>link does the canned animation to swing his sword
wtf why is OoT full of QTEs

Why fighting?

Attached: akira howard and yorha no. 2 type b (nier (series) and etc) drawn by kumaponn - 4a65bae258e0bd605bc2 (617x875, 230K)

somebody should make a combat mod for Nier:A

You can skip every cutscene did you even play it or did you watch a let's play on YouTube or something

well done you noticed they're both animations and conflated them purely based on that like a retard.
those aren't long scripted animations that have no control and can't be cancelled by anything. when you're playing it's very clear what the difference is.

You don't actually think the PS4 has good graphics or frame rate right?

The difference is that one of them has a longer animation. Calling them "scripted" animations has no meaning, all non-dynamic animations are "scripted." Like, what does that even mean?

By your logic something like an unblockable attack in soulcalibur is a "QTE" just because its animation is longer. Obviously this is idiotic. If it's a single animation you trigger with a single button press (AKA a sync attack), it's not a fucking quicktime event.

If sync attacks were like bayonetta's torture attacks, they would be QTEs. Instead a much better comparison is wicked weaves, since they're powerful attacks that change depending on the weapon equipped and the combo used, and you can use dodge offset to put off performing them.

>hear about how hard the car puzzles in File 8 are hard
>get S+ on all 3 of them

Brainlets, I swear

Attached: 1568551756542.png (240x350, 87K)

The problem isn't that the lore isn't in the additional materials, the characterization is. It's not "just how it is," it's a flaw - by contrast, the first NieR worked just fine narratively without the additional material. Also, I don't see how any of this makes her a deeper character because she still only has the two things I described above going on for her. All of the stories about how she and her predecessors have been doing this cyclic nonsense don't add any depth.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's cliche, the point is that it would mark a critical change in her character. It would show development or that there's something more to her than just being closed off and angsty. A fundamental theme of the game is agency. Even though the androids and machines are created to serve a purpose, they can no longer do so and a big idea of the story is about what people to do when they have their own agency. The problem here is that 2B doesn't show any agency whatsoever. A story is about a change, it's about something different happening. If it was the 47th time and then she just killed 9S again, that wouldn't be much of a story.

The game's story has everything to do with 2B and 9S. Even the actual events like the machines merging and the destruction of YoRHa are really just the background to a story experienced from the perspective of the main characters. It's so critical that it's some of the last things they go over again when 9S confronts N2. So addressing this conflict in the relationship between these characters instead of saving it for some half-baked twist reveal that literally everyone who was paying attention saw coming was deeply unsatisfying.

Thematically speaking, the point of the game, which is irritatingly spelled out for the player, is about making meaning for yourself. This idea that there's this inescapable cruel destiny awaiting everyone contradicts this so hard that I don't know where you're getting that idea.

I fucking loved those puzzles man

DLC car puzzles when

I don't call them QTEs I call them canned animations. stop muddying the waters everyone knows the difference.
they're long, non cancelable animations that aren't part of your normal moveset designed to interrupt gameplay with flashy spectacle.
I don't care if you like them or not but they are what they are and they're not the same as normal attacks.

The original guy said QTEs, don't get mad at me for calling him out when I'm correct.

Anyway, sync attacks don't need to be interruptable; you're supposed to have the situational awareness to know which sync attack you're going to be using and whether performing it is safe. They're not even particularly long.

The only actual animation that takes slightly too long is the finisher, and once you've done it to one or two enemies doing it more won't actually help your score, so I can't even say it seriously detracts from the combat.

Thus the original guy's statement was retarded either way.

One thing for sure is that Automata is massively overrated by stinky nerds that worship 2Butt and haven't played another Nier or Drakengard

>Yea Forums is Nintendo baby central.
>Yea Forums mostly praises the Nintendo exclusive.

Everyone pretend to be shocked.

I've played both.
Astral Chain has a more fun and creative combat + traversal, the gameplay is better
Nier Automata has a better world, story and characters

Astral Chain is a better game, but Nier Automata is a better experience.