Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on the new Steam UI?

Now that the dust has settled, what are your thoughts on the new Steam UI?

Attached: 2019-06-10-image-5.jpg (2335x1205, 194K)

its good

shit

If they let me remove that useless news bullshit it would be fine.

I'll hate it for a week or two then I'll get used to it

I like it. It makes me want to play some games again, it's a shame I hate every game I own.

But that's the best part, no more rock paper shotgun but rather actual game news from the devs.

How do I enable this

>it's no longer just a list where you double-click on the name of the game you want to play
>the big cube to the right isn't just so you can get to the workshop quicker and to make you regret having a high definition monitor

I like it

looks fucking horrible

Nice that you can FINALLY customize order in cover mode, but there's no simple way to just view your installed games and the new covers broke most games because devs are lazy.

join beta

Is OK but it could be a bit more streamline, every time I click on the game tile I would expect it to play but instead it switches to the game's tab and then I have to click play.

I like it.
It's a direct improvement on the old system and has no more RPS articles directly injected into my games library.

I found a bug where using the new interface on Linux does not let you stream some games from a Windows host, I think they fucked up something and the new UI doesn't give you the "Stream" button if the game doesn't have a Linux version, which is pretty dumb.

>there's no simple way to just view your installed games
pic, you can also create a filtered list

Attached: dasd.png (543x89, 16K)

I want to separate mine and my girlfriend's libraries. We each have around 200 games and it sucks that they've just been thrown in together uncategorized by whats hers and whats mine.

You can just double click.

Nope, can't do but you can right click.

double clicking works for me.

Tell me what categories to use. I tried by genre/most popular tag but now I have 30 categories and still can't find anything.

Bring back small mode. There's no reason steam should be more than 200 pixels wide in the library.

you can search by store tags now so I think I'm only going to use them for finished/unfinished/infinite

Attached: screenshot.png (1280x981, 640K)

>VRchat
>Warframe
>singleplayer

That's the filter's fault, not sure why they count as single player when they are clearly online only.

It would be nice if you could blacklist tags from collections so you could have singleplayer-only games without multiplayer, there are lots of MP games with tiny SP segments there are marked as both.

i basically have finished/unfinished/fuckingshit/infinite and multiplayer

Just manually add shit to categories. It takes forever to organize 500 games but half of them go in Trash anyway and you avoid the problems dynamic collections cause.

I'm doing them by series/developer. Before all this I already had categories for what sales/bundles I got the games in, I do want to keep them but I wish I could remove them from my main collection view or something. I also hope they add developer and publisher as options for the dynamic list.

waste of space, like OP.

I still need to add the trash category indeed.

The update already removed my completion tags so I'm not going to waste days of my life micromanaging categories for 700 games, they are supposed to make your life easier not harder.

Should've started categorizing shit sooner haha. you can only blame yourself