I am a Bloodborne lore sage. I know more than anyone else about Bloodborne lore...

I am a Bloodborne lore sage. I know more than anyone else about Bloodborne lore. Ask me questions about it and I will answer them.

Attached: Knowledge.png (410x410, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/01/interviews.html
bloodborne.fandom.com/wiki/Ashen_Blood
youtube.com/watch?v=5swxGdLtayw
4gamer.net/games/260/G026038/20140611091/
complex.com/pop-culture/2014/06/bloodborne-not-demons-souls
soulslore.wikidot.com/bb-future-press-guide-interview
discord.gg/XTk73fM
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bone Ash Set
youtube.com/watch?v=1rLtdiFaV8k
youtube.com/watch?v=Nj15A0g3etg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Which video has the best analysis of BB lore? I've ever played it but i find lore interesting.

I wanted to fuck Eileen

On the whole Sinclair Lore has the best video content, but it's not that great.

>it's not that great.
In what way?

What's with the whole kos or kosm thing?

Wtf happened in the school of Mensis exactly? They went rogue from the Choir and started kidnapping people for experiments? Then they made contact with the eyeball brain and everyone melted into a skeleton? What is the One Reborn? wtf happened.

this game fucking sucks?

What's that alien thing boss and the daughter of cosm

Who is Orphan of Kos really and why is he so angry? Is he even real or is he just like a manifestation of a curse or something?

Attached: Bloodborne™_20170105043909.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

JSF, who does all the lore on Sinclair Lore, has some strange biases and he isn't open to criticism about them. He's fixated on the cut content and he thinks the 'real story' is a mess because the game isn't finished, so he isn't really open to whatever answers are out there. He has made up his mind about it, but he's mostly wrong. A lot of the fragments of cut content he refers to are actually very ambiguous if you look at them, but he makes out like they're not and they have a clear and straightforward meaning. There are a lot of basic things he doesn't understand, or he just misreads item descriptions.

why did the hentai monsters have so many abortions?

What about it?
They didn't go rogue from the Choir, they existed alongside the Choir, or before them. You find a Yahar'gul kidnapper in the DLC using the Church Pick (one of the oldest weapons) below the Grand Cathedral around the time the Choir was being formed or was in its infancy. Anyway, Mensis summoned the moon, they were trying to use the Mensis Brain to reflect moonlight at them up-close (moonlight is synonymous with arcane energy), but it was rotten so it fucked them up and they couldn't get past the Winter Lanterns or the Mensis Brain itself to plunge it into the darkness where it would be harmless because there's no moonlight to reflect. The One Reborn, going by the file names, is probably an 'incomplete' Amygdalan. I'm a Bloodborne lore sage, but I don't know that much about this topic either, it's really vague and confusing.
The Orphan is Kos is basically what Maria is to the Doll. It is an embodiment of a curse that haunts Gehrman because of what he did at the Fishing Hamlet.

The Witches of Hemwick took the meaning of eyes to be literal, right? That's why they are the way they are?

How do I get the Haze Extractor? Seen some videos but can't find that especific dungeon.

Where does the excess mass come from when characters like Amelia transform?

he is not angry he is defending himself like a cornerd animal

She collects eyes because she uses them in a mysterious ritual night after night.
The blood.

>but it's not that great.
lore of bb is not that great. its just mind play, through it you can see how other people logic works and this is the best part about lore analyzing.

Attached: 88a.jpg (640x674, 57K)

I think the lore is pretty great.

from demetion of alien gods.
imagine warp from warhammer

I am a sage-sage. And I deem this thread not worthy.

What did Gehrman do at the fishing hamlet and who cast the curse? Is Orphan a real Great One child of Kos or is he just a hypothetical and only exists in the nightmare? Because he leaves a wispy spirit behind that looks like Mergo's after you kill him

Attached: Bloodborne™_20170104163116.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

What's the deal with the house full of laughing people? I encountered it early in but nothing ever followed up on them.

Gehrman was the main dude in the raid on the Fishing Hamlet, he slaughtered his way through the village and then killed their guardian Great One: Kos. The villagers beckoned Kos to cast the curse iirc. Orphan is an embodiment of the curse, the real child was taken.

that's false though

They're going mad.

who's responsible for paleblood exactly

Can you elaborate on that?

Anything specific there? Like why there is a group together in one house instead of the usual everyone isolated in one house? Sounded like they were having a party.

I can

>and then killed their guardian Great One: Kos
She washed up on shore. If anything got killed it was the orphan, also explains where Gherman’s cord came from.

Why is Laurence on fire instead of using lightning?

There’s a house with what sounds like a family rolling in pain, and a couple houses near the grand cathedral that have a bunch of people chanting.
The laughing people are just more spice of life to Yharnam, I wouldn’t overthink it.

What is paleblood?

What do you mean 'responsible' for it?
Not really, they're just going mad.
She washed up on shore because they either killed her at sea or they killed her on the shore and threw her body back into the water and it washed up later.
Good question, I think there is an answer for this, and it's basically that Laurence is full of corrupted blood and that has a relationship with heat / fire, but I can't give you a more specific answer than that. I don't understand it completely myself. I do think it's basically why the Flamesprayer takes QS Bullets and Maria can use fire though.

I already replied to this, but it wasn't Gehrman's cord, it was Laurence's cord. Laurence got it from Annalise when the Vilebloods were raided.

its agony not fire, cant you see?

Does corruption extent correalates with pureness of that person?

>playing souls games for lore
do you also swallow shit because someone told you its recycling?

>She washed up on shore because they either killed her at sea or they killed her on the shore and threw her body back into the water and it washed up later.
Zero sign or mention of conflict, simply that she washed up on shore dead. I’m assuming birthing complications for maximum tragedy emphasis.

It's the color of the sky when the moon has been beckoned. Sorry this answer isn't satisfying, but that's what it is.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Why I always have to go through Hunter's Dream in order to travel from one lamp to another?

>I am a Bloodborne lore sage.

Put that on your tinder profile.

They cut that out, I thought, no pun intended.

Ebriatas was found in the labyrinth and taken to the Choir's headquarters in the Upper Cathedral Ward. All the paleblood / blood vials of Yharnam come from her voluntarily bloodletting herself and the Choir distributing it as miracle healing blood via the church. She is canonically a Great One. The Moon Presence wants her dead because she is meddling in human affairs

Attached: ebriatas.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

The more evil you are (at heart) the more gruesome transformation you get

Heres what I got from other sages mixed with my own judgement
>Micolash and co tries to have an audience with a great one so they can ascend using eyes
>they got their brains fried, those who survived either died to the brain or are hiding behind the brain
>the brain is a corrupted, useless great one that just lives alongside mergo
>the one reborn is the product of 'micolash and co' and co's attempt at making their own great one(kinda like Rom and Celestial Emissaries but without using blood).

Name of the Moonpresence.

it is called bad game design

>What do you mean
>Actual answer

now I see who's the real lore sage

Why does the Moon Presence want a crippled hunter?

Why does my hunter need to dream in order to gain access to the hunt?

>The Moon Presence wants her dead because she is meddling in human affairs
She's an optional boss. MP is hardset towards getting Mergo.

It's stated outright in the guide, also keep in mind that Byrgenwerth are being accused of being "blasphemous murderers." There's also barely audible dialogue about how the villagers beckoned Kos and now Kos is no more, and they're asking for forgiveness.
This isn't true.
It's semi cut, but they didn't replace the story with Gehrman's, they just reduced the emphasis on Laurence's story while keeping all the events the same.
I think you're under the impression that Paleblood is a kind of blood or something? I need to know what you think Paleblood is before I can answer your question about it.

"Who's responsible for Paleblood" would be asking "who's reponsible for the Moon Presence", because 'paleblood' isn't literally blood.

Actually it's almost the opposite, the more you hold onto your humanity the more exaggerated your transformation.

She isnt the one giving out Paleblood, just normal Beast TF blood. So far as I know Paleblood is just some kind of motivation for you set by the MP to go deeper and get rid of the mensis ritual and mergo

According to Miyazaki-sama, the longer you resist beasthood the more gruesome your transformation will be.

bloodborne-wiki.com/2017/01/interviews.html

what's that smell?

>It's stated outright in the guide
Also baseless and without source, and also written by a dude who's wife had two miscarriages during the game's development. Horrifying irony.

i'm aware that paleblood is illness you absolute mongols, i have played the game

What's the deal with the doctor at the start? Is he ever referenced again in the lore?

It's not baseless and without a source, all their information came from FromSoft.
It's not an illness.

what’s the deal with that guy who transforms into a beast in the forbidden woods while maintaining the ability to talk

What does it mean to hold on humanity?

>It's not baseless and without a source
You also need to be able to point to the evidence in-game, otherwise they're following a shitty precedent and can start putting in all sorts of unique shit in guides. Thankfully I think this is an isolated case.

Lmao.

got it confused with ashen blood
guess I was the mongol, in the end

Ebriatas is the one producing the healing blood that's making everyone go mad, and I assume the blood that makes up the player's blood vials too. I thought Paleblood was the blood you got administrated at the beginning of the game though too? The guy is like "Ah yes, Paleblood. Well, you've come to the right place. Yharnam is the home of blood ministration."

Is there any depth to the nightmare layer theory? As you lose more and more humanity you eventually end up in the hunters nightmare, then the fishing village, them menses/comfort, etc

Where did the Great Ones come from?

You're thinking of ashen blood.
bloodborne.fandom.com/wiki/Ashen_Blood

Nobody cares about your meme game

>story taht's all just a dream
>boss betrays you and revealed as the antagonist (wow didn't see that coming)
>guns yet can't increase amount of ammo you can hold by a decent amount
>can't dual weild guns
>doesn't allow you to play like a tps yet includes guns
>aliens out of nowhere

Its both a showing of what metaphorically and physically happened to him. Trying so hard to ascend with the Old Blood, he killed and turned so many into beast because of his want of ascension and experimentation all the while coping by using his faith, In the end, he was burned at the stake when he inevitably turned into a beast with his blood obession being the cause of it all

>Is there any depth to the nightmare layer theory?
Just for the Hunter's Nightmare specifically. Nothing else implies the dream/nightmare worlds are layered.

Why are you an eyelet?

God I hate how Sinclair has JSF doing that bullshit. His own videos were soooo good.

nobody cares about your copypasta either

>Nothing else implies the dream/nightmare worlds are layered.
You can see the fishing village boats in Menses though.

Mexico lol

That's the most retarded set of complaints to date, I have to say.

What's the most /fa/ combination of clothing? No full sets allowed, cosplayers stay out.

>It's semi cut
You're talking about the original cord description, right? Because that would be the only other implication that the cord came from the Vileblood's.

seething

Attached: YOU DIED.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Why is the game so boring?

He has a lot of dialogue in the cut content, he refers to the Moon Presence. Pretty cool. He's just a blood minister nobody though.
He's a former white church doctor who was spreading around Beast Blood Pellets in the Forbidden Woods but he got high on his own supply and contracted the scourge. I don't know why he can talk as a beast.
You're seduced by beasthood, holding onto your humanity means resisting seduction.
I did point to some evidence in-game, but there's a ton of information that's outside of the game (and outside of the English translation). I don't think it being obscure makes it untrue.
Ebrietas was found by the Choir, the Healing Church existed (with the blood) for a long time before the Choir was founded. Blood comes from Blood Saints. You didn't get given Paleblood, he's just telling you that you're in the right place to look for it and to begin in your journey you'll need a bit of Yharnam's blood (the blood of the city not the queen).
Eh, not really, people put way too much into it.
Isz, at some point, apparently.

I enjoy the nightmare wanderer set + beast rune.

>Powder Kegs try to stop the ashen blood infection by destroying the quarantined sick
>suddenly they begin protecting them instead
>even when they become insane bloodthirsty beasts
What the fuck is their logic here?

You can see BOATS near Mensis, nothing definite on where they're from. Could be an homage to the fact that Lovecraft's Dreamlands are actually filled with civilization, ports, and trade, and FromSoft loves putting you in ruined places.

Is it possible to resist beasthood?

Well, I wouldn't agree with that, there's quite a bit to imply that Laurence was the scholar who took the blood to Byrgenwerth, and the entire reason that the Doll belongs in the Hunter's Dream is because (originally) she was based on Annalise. All the small details are there, they just took out the smoking gun, but they didn't replace the story, as I said, they just lessened the emphasis on it.

They figured the blood thirsthy beasts that turned that way not by choice were better and less monstrous than the guys up top who would rather set the entire lower part of town on fire with unturned innocents still inside.

>I did point to some evidence in-game
But there's nothing definite about Kos getting killed, just that she washed up on shore dead. Again, no sign of conflict here whatsoever.
And I'm not talking about 'obscurity', I'm talking about the guide giving us answers and how shitty that precedent is.

>Could be an homage
It could be anything, is my point. I don't like the souls community putting so much emphasis on things that could be entirely accidental on one hand while maintaining that everything else is be design on the other hand. I think the theory is a bit thin, but there's probably a reason there's boats there and then I the DLC you visit an area with boats.

Who are the blood saints? I know Adeline, Arianna and Adella. Why do random women produce miracle healing blood in quantities large enough to distribute en masse?

Once you're afflicted with the scourge not really.

The goal of killing the infected is to contain a devastating disease. What is the goal of protecting them? I just don't see the point.

Who built the chalice catacombs and why

>there's quite a bit to imply that Laurence was the scholar who took the blood to Byrgenwerth
That'd be the first I'd hear about any of that, actually.

There is no point. They just consider simple-minded honest beasts chilling doing little of note more worth protecting than fully aware humans fucking each other and everyone else up.

Pthumerans, to conceal the Great Ones they revered.

You mean the beggar?
He's a Darkbeast, a variation of the normal everyday beasts though instead of blood, you contract it through genetics. Its pretty obvious in his dialogue that he was born this way. Darkbeasts also have the amazing ability to retain their humanity and sanity while still being beastified. The beggar was probably a descendant of the Lorans. Theres more about Darkbeast lore but I forgot. Also they have electro-man powers i guess.

Nightmare Frontier is clearly floating above the Fishing Hamlet coastline. You can see the rotting masts peeking above the clouds below Ammy's boss room. It's an opinion, but I see nothing to contradict it.

Ashen Hunter literally asks you to think who the real beasts are

Mensis = Micolash?

>I think the theory is a bit thin, but there's probably a reason there's boats there and then I the DLC you visit an area with boats.
Boats that existed prior to said DLC. It's just flimsy because there was nothing else in base game to imply a link between 'nightmare/dream worlds'.

Only in so much as Ludwig = Gherman

Consider the first thing we learn about Laurence—he's accused of betrayal. What are we told about the scholar who took the blood from Byrgenwerth? He betrayed his fellows. Who ended up with the cord to beckon the moon? Laurence. Who's the guy in a red cloak in the Cainhurst portraits? A Healing Church cleric.

What exactly is moonlight blade? Did Ludwig find it in labyrinth or something?

What would sex with lady maria’s corpse be like

I'd imagine you'd see the lighthouse, then, or the giant fishing hut. Fishing Hamlet has a few ships gathered near the end and the start, while in Mensis it's a huge built-up ship graveyard. Just feels like two different things.

Mensis was a group and Micolash was their leader. They all were mummified when they performed the Mensis ritual to create the Nightmare of Mensis and connect it to the real world

Yes, he was a tomb prospector.

What do Eileen's feet smell like?

Attached: Eileen the Crow 3.png (565x800, 906K)

Yeah, and certain areas of Bloodborne are at the wrong place and rotation when viewed from afar. The game is full of inconsistencies, so take it with broad strokes.

The powderkeks realised that the sickness was actually the Blood Church's doing and that the beasts still have their humanity. The sickness spreads by Ashen Blood(Church Altered Blood) only I believe. Powderbros have always been hated by the Church(or maybe this is the cause?). Its no wonder they would find out about it after its too late.

The beasts are, obviously. There's not much here to discuss, it's just a matter of opinion I suppose.
Makes sense that in a game about blood there would be bleeding hearts.

Towards the end of her arc they mostly smell like blood.

So bloodletting beast and the worms inside of it. Is there some actual story behind them?

So it's always been my headcannon that Djura took part in the Fishing Hamlet raid, and him protecting the beasts at Old Yharnam is some kind of self punishment for what he did. How accurate is this you reckon?

There's quite a bit to this actually, one of the things the scourge does is make you unable to distinguish between man and beast. When Yharnamites are attacking you they're still beast hunting, it's just that they view humans (and specifically hunters) as the 'true' beasts. There's a lot of this blurring of lines between humans and beasts in the game, particularly when it comes to hunters.

>Yeah, and certain areas of Bloodborne are at the wrong place and rotation when viewed from afar
At least they're there. Nothing below Amygdala's tower looks like the Hamlet besides the existence of at least a ship.

Yes, the worms are just a kind of vermin, they're a symbol of greed and corruption. You're supposed to question whether it was the Bloodletting Beast (Laurence) who did what he was doing, or this thing that has possessed him.

Well, but I can totally agree that Bloodborne is an unfinished game, story-wise. But that's more or less all From games, except maybe DS3.

The problem is the severity of it. A lot of people just throw their hands up and say "I can't figure it out so it doesn't make any sense." That's the issue I have with JSF.

I'm pretty sure they're intentionally like that though.

It's an overgrown Vermin coming out its neck. Miyazaki or a From designer has an obsession with centipedes. The Vermin lore makes it sound like they're what really caused the beast plague.

Djura's old, but not THAT old. Its more Maria and Gehrman who were the one that took part in the Kos hunt. Since Djura and Eileen are both old and both remember the dream, maybe they got Hunter Dream'd together?

>Who ended up with the cord to beckon the moon? Laurence.
Or Gherman. Either way the cord ends up in the same spot: At the workshop, summoning MP.
>Who's the guy in a red cloak in the Cainhurst portraits? A Healing Church cleric.
And he has a beard, just like the middle statue at the Altar in the Hunter's Nightmare. Could be neat, I either need to think on this or I'm just not sold on the idea yet.

Attached: 17623.jpg (597x933, 279K)

We're still spreading that retarded Laurence theory?

I fucking loathe that theory with a passion

There's a note that specifies it was Laurence and his associates that beckoned the moon though, it's not Gehrman's story.
The Bloodletting Beast is literally called "Founderbeast" in the files. It's Laurence. Sorry.

In this case, yeah. Early BB had a coherent story, but they put the assets in a blender for apparently no other reason than to make it more mysterious.

How do you know that the Mensis brain / Winter Lanterns and Mensis are enemies? Some members of Mensis survived past the brain to fight the player, like Micolash and that hunter with the glasses + LHB.
And who are the slime scholars then? They are Mensis right? Who are they compared to those mummified during the ritual?

You blood drunk, son?

Attached: 1479204240879.png (800x590, 209K)

In that case, do you age as a "dream" hunter?
There could have been an undisclosed amount of time where Djura was immortal, living as a dream hunter, then eventually gives that up and protects the beasties in real time.

It's just as 'retarded' as thinking this head, canonically Laurence's skull, is the same thing on the Cleric Beast. If From wanted to shut down some theories they should've spent some fucking time on NOT copy-pasting the cleric beast and putting him on fire.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

They're not exactly enemies, the Mensis Brain just gave them frenzy and killed them. Slime scholars are Byrgenwerth dudes. I don't know about the mummies, the ones with the cages are obviously Mensis dudes, but it's confusing.

>There's a note that specifies it was Laurence and his associates that beckoned the moon though
And Gerhman is an 'associate' - specifically, the most important kind of associate for this situation: A surrogate.

Sure, Bloodletting was supposed to be Laurence. It doesn't really matter if he is or isn't now, because he's a randomly generated Chalice boss.

What are Winter Lanterns really

To answer your question no, it does not.

Great Ones don't want old humans as children, they want Great One children.
They're like evil / corrupted versions of Celestial Emissaries. In fact, Mensis is just an evil / corrupted version of the Choir. The Mensis Brain and the Winter Lanterns are supposed to mirror the Celestial Emissary boss and the little Celestial Emissaries. They're also 'sirens', which is why they sing and they're female, they're supposed to lure you in and then ruin you. Their design is based on a few things, but the little mouths under the brain are like venus fly traps, so that's pretty cool. Their deal is that they reflect moonlight at you and through their murky eyes it yields frenzy.

And you have enough room to actually make a case that the 'cleric beast' we see isn't his actual form as a beast. They didn't take their time and now things are up in the air for lazy reasons.

Dont think so, Gehrman is still around. Also MP chose alot of candidates before Us and even before Djura and Eileen. MP also uses its hunters solely as Errandboys. So right after completing your mission, you get sent back home. They probably did a quick job at Old Yharnam. Explains why Djura sits there with his mate now

Why are they dressed like the doll though

>Great Ones don't want old humans as children, they want Great One children.
MP seems pretty happy with Gherman, though, especially as a vessel towards funneling tons and tons of Blood Echoes.

Personally I think it's just that they take the form of something desirable so you come closer and then they can fuck you up, like a siren taking the form of a beautiful woman.

What is Moon Presence's favorite pasta shape?

How did human hunters learn to quickstep and fight like that?

Attached: hunter.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

Lold

Not really, the entire story is hinged on the Moon Presence being lured by the cry of a Great One child, which implies that it wants one.

BLB's face is too flat for a skull like that

Don't think too hard about all this. Just go out and kill a few beasts.

Friendly reminder that Bloodborne was the peak of the last once based studios in this world and we will never see any good games made by Froms again as well as we never see Bloodborne 2.

What happened to the real child? Mergo?

>Not really, the entire story is hinged on the Moon Presence being lured by the cry of a Great One child, which implies that it wants one.
That sounds like a delicious amount of blood echoes, especially if he's daddy's Oedon.

OP is a false-lore sage spreading false doctrine without an official license. Anyone reading the answers posted by him in this thread has been misled and should consult a legally registered lore sage at soon as possible.

Is umbilical cord you find in workshop from actual child of Kos?

Well we got Bloodborne after Dark Souls 2 and we got Sekiro after Dark Souls 3 so lets see what happens after Elden Ring turns out to be a packet of cum

looks more like Ludwig's horse shaped skull desu

Attached: Ludwig.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

No, it's from Annalise's child of blood.

The issue is that there's FAR more similarity between the skull and BLB's face than between the skull and this.

Attached: Cleric_Beast_Skull_Thumb[1].png (308x180, 100K)

The real child IS Orphan. He got taken away for experimentation and his Sadness and real self got trapped in the nightmare his Dead Mom created

It was "taken." That's all we know.

>implying Sekiro wasn't generic and uninspired sengoku garbage

In the current state of the game, that's the answer that makes the most sense. That said, there's no evidence that it is outside of assumption. The original in-game description for that cord was
"One of the heirlooms used to contact the Great Ones, originating in the child of the Vilebloods. Long ago, in an encounter with the Great Ones, a contract was established, establishing the hunters and the hunters dream".
It has since been changed

>source: cut content

>It has since been changed
Day one too, I think. We can't tell if it's cut because they wanted the story hidden or because that's no longer the story.

Nah

Attached: Nah.png (327x295, 129K)

fuck off Sekiro is great

I mean it was set on Earth so the world is less fantastical for the most part but it's still a great game and miles ahead of DS2 which was almost entirely an original setting.

Is the MC just a random person selected to be a hunter of great ones or is there a greater purpose to their selection?

Laurence's skull definitely looks similar here. Its elongated, just like CB's head. If you wanna take it a bit further, you could argue that since Laurence was the First Vicar, he was also the one with the most the most faith. As such, he still tried resisting even when he's been fully turned into a beast

What exactly are the mystery niggas and why do they explode into snakes

Question about Hunter's Nightmare. Are Ludwig, Laurence and Orphan we see in DLC supposed to look like that in reality too or their forms are twisted since it's nightmare realm?

Yeh

Attached: 1567930818705.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Did you even play the game?
Nothing you said makes sense.

You're not selected to be a hunter of Great Ones. I think the Doll / Gehrman are actually looking for one and you fit the bill. That's why the Doll is aware of it and Gehrman knows there's a new hunter coming.

It's all twisted / symbolic bullshit.

Repurposed content from Lesser Demon of Death and Darkness (now Wet Nurse), and Snake Ball. They protect Queen Yharnam and Mergo, and explode into snakes because why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=5swxGdLtayw

>Laurence's skull definitely looks similar here
There would be evidence of antlers, and there would be no remaining human hair like that. The Grand Cathedral skull has a much better basis as the kind of transformation that we see here with Gascoine and BLB, half human half monster.
Cleric beast is full on monster/beast, which does make sense "if you want to take it further" but we can't ignore the appearance of the skull.

Attached: tumblr_o2cmhcETuo1snf5fgo1_1280[1].jpg (1280x720, 218K)

It's kosm case closed

Its mostly because Miyazaki prefers that method of story-telling, it works really well for Bloodborne because its supposed to be Lovecraftian brain-melting horror.
You aren't supposed to be able to work out, the story is "finished" from the creator's point of view purely because of that

I think you guys are getting too hung up on the details in a slapped together DLC. Almost none of the details in the DLC actually make sense.

Slight out of topic: do you think Redgrave's Paleblood Hunt is a good reading for understanding BB more?
Because I read it, and I just found stuff I already knew repeated various times, and random theories, and nothing more. To say that I was severly let down would be an understatement.

Who was Rom? Just some scholar girl that was turned into kin?

Just a random person for the most part, but I think canonically a foreigner who could be looking for the 'cure' to something. It's implied people don't go to Yharnam if they're not searching for its fabled healing stuff.
You also got into Iosefka's at the perfect time, because any later and there would have been a hungry beast waiting for you at the entrance.

No, not really. It's full of misinformation and the bits that are supposed to be factual are full of misinterpretations.

Its both, Orphan irl would just be able to crawl and do baby shit because he's a newborn but in nightmare world he's fueled with hatred and shit. Same goes for Laurence and Ludwig but for obviously different reasons. Ludwig is the most confusing for me because I dont know why he's more of a horse other than being a walking Beserk reference. Maybe because he's seen as a Hero + Moonlight Radiation?

>Because I read it, and I just found stuff I already knew repeated various times, and random theories, and nothing more.
Because it's a great way to get introduced to it. His barebones "fuck you here's lore" videos are a bit better in delving into it.

>Orphan irl would just be able to crawl and do baby shit
source on this

Why did they steal so many ideas from lovecraft?

More like, almost none of the details of any From game makes sense. But who cares, I liked both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls for the action, their learning wave, and for the different approaches you can play them, not for their "plots" or "lore". If I wanted a game with a proper story, I'd have played an old CRPG or something. Played again, I mean.

Redgrave is great at getting you to think about minor things on a deeper level yourself, and I think his videos are a good way of expanding your own thinking, but don't take his fan theories as fact. A lot of the time he runs with a pretty abstract idea and then later on uses that as a foundation for some other idea like it was concrete truth.

A lot of the details make sense, it's just not a strength of the DLC.

Oh, okay. I thought I missed something, because every-fucking-body on reddit basically worshipped that like the holy bible of BB.

>learning wave
>played again I mean
what's your deal fag your lore is shit are you shilling some shitty YouTube channel or something

>I think you guys are getting too hung up on the details in a slapped together DLC
I'm realizing this too. Basegame wasn't perfect either but was much more cohesive.
I was fine with all the hunters having died or turned like Gascoine showed, but then DLC says "oh there's actually a hunter's hell".
It's cool but it's also like "ok?".

Attached: 1539735712703.jpg (600x900, 109K)

Yes, whether she was retarded before her ascension or because of it is unknown, but considering she was created to act as a bulwark of ignorance against the corrupting knowledge of the Great Ones she was probably made that way on purpose.

Do you know the meaning of steal?
Also, do you know just how many books, games, boardgames, tv series, movies, comics/manga, cartoons/anime took inspiration from Lovecraft in the last 50~40 years?

lol dude if you can't see the great writing in dark souls then you might be actually retarded

I've read a lot about this subject. We know we are foreigners to Yarnham because of our clothing, being called outsider, etc. It seems likely that the PC came to Yarnham for blood ministration due to an illness, much like Gilbert. What's also interesting is that the PC may have had the Vileblood summons and been coming to meet Queen Annalise for whatever reason. Then there are a few bizarre caveats like Brador wearing the same clothes as the PC, and if the cut content original start of the game is still intended to be the PC origin in the finished game (I think not).

Not really a hell, dying doesn't automatically make you go there.

I'll kick ur ass kosmfag, we don't like your kind around here

>What's also interesting is that the PC may have had the Vileblood summons and been coming to meet Queen Annalise for whatever reason.
Feels more like sort of 'haunted house' fuckery than anything else, evidenced by the carriage you get greeted by.

>grant eyes to a great scholar
>he becomes a chairbound loser that can only point his staff
>grant eyes to a retard
>becomes a Great One and a casual filter

Pottery

Oh, have you now? Did you ever read the first thing about it? About how you came to Yarnham for blood ministration? You know, the opening cutscene?
Jesus, you faggots act like this is some arcane subject.

Why do you think any of the beasts are the animals they are? Why would Ludwig be any different? We know that the adherents of the healing church became more beastly than anyone else because of the purity of the corrupted blood they consumed, and Ludwig was one of the highest renowned figures in the church.
Laurence we know has died in the waking world as we see his skull before entering the Hunter's Nightmare, so the beast we fight in the dream is a metaphysical representation of him, but he was a giant twisted beast none-the-less.
What you say about the orphan has absolutely nothing to support it in-game.

We did come to Yharnam because of an illness, this was confirmed in Japanese interview. I don't think we had the Vileblood Summons though, the reason we find our name inside is because anyone who opens a Vileblood Summons find their name inside. That's why Alfred's lacks an addressee—it's closed. I think Brador is just in foreign garb to partially explain why outsiders are so hated in Yharnam.

Its a bullshit source but look at Mergo, he'll still have his starving african body, its just without the matured version of his powers
You're right about the antlers but i cant accept that hes a halfie. I mean he probably drank so much blood and clung to his humanity for so long that it woudn't make sense

>Not really a hell, dying doesn't automatically make you go there.
Right, because you can't really 'die' as a hunter. Call it whatever the fuck you want, then.

>retarded
what are you talking about how is she retarded so much stupid shitcoin ITT

He might be retarded but he didn't mention Dark Souls, the game with the easiest to follow and most coherent lore of them all.

The game never explicitly tells you why the PC receives blood ministration, and in fact in the cut content, you receive it after being gravely injured.

It wasn't really anything to do with the purity of the blood or whatever. It's because they had an 'inner clash' inside them and that results in an explosive transformation.

What? I think you misquoted or something.
Nope, I know there's good writing behind the games, just not good enough to form a "real", "proper" story. That's why it's called "lore".

>it's a bullshit source
so it's a bullshit theory you guys don't know shit about the fucking lore

What? That's not true. In the cut dialogue the Blood Minister talks about how you're in Yharnam to cure a strange sickness that plagues your homeland. In the instruction manual it's said that outsiders come to Yharnam for curative treatment, and in the promotional material and interviews it's talked about how you came to Yharnam because you were sick.

All the shipwrecks are signs that there may have been a Moby Dick type battle by the hunters against Kos at sea

There are plenty of hunters that haven't died, you just killed most of the ones you interacted with presumably. The Hunter's Nightmare is a dream-world just like the ones you visit in the base-game. It was created from the strife of the Orphan of Kos and the curses of the denizens of the Fishing Hamlet against Byrgenwerth hunters for their participation in the massacre of the hamlet.

>You're right about the antlers but i cant accept that hes a halfie. I mean he probably drank so much blood and clung to his humanity for so long that it woudn't make sense
That's how his skull is, sorry. Maybe things would be different if they actually spent time on making some unique assets as opposed to copy-pasting a model that looks nothing like what it's supposed to be based on. This is part of the theory that the major players aren't 1:1 what they are in the nightmare as opposed to the real world.

But you can die, once you're set free from the hunter's dream you can permadie in that ending. Pretty sure it takes you being tied or trapped to a dream to respawn.

so they never explicitly say a lot in videogames but these are the only ones where people decided that's a diving board to all sorts of nonsense
you aren't some special guy and it is all but said that you are just pulled into being another hunter for gehrman in a long line of hunters

is bloodborne connected to demon's souls

I know what it is. I'm saying that it is an entirely new thing added to the game that had zero hints at existing prior to the DLC.

oh yeah well then you should be able to answer this with ease if that's true

what is

No, but it's kind of a reimagining of Demon's Souls in a lot of ways.

It's just a bunch of ships all bunched together, no sign of a battle.

Early in development it was DeS2. Data mined voice lines even have a character saying "umbasa." It's probably not anymore.

Her original name is Rom the Retarded. She literally represents mindlessness and stupidity in contrast to 'gaining insight' and the research/knowledge of the Great Ones, pulling them to the waking world. There are several notes written around Yharnam mentioning that the spider is preventing their Gods from breaking through, which you see happen as soon as you kill Rom and the blood moon appears.
The arena you fight her in is a white, empty, infinite void, just like her mind. I really can't see how this is a shock to anyone.

why is the entire world outside of yharnam so vague?
can you give some examples? he usually justifies his steadfast conclusions fairly well imo. At the end of the day, stories have conventions and logical conclusions and he draws a lot of his conclusions from there. He could constantly doubt himself and make every piece of lore media he presents a big showcase of what may or may not have happened and become just another souls lore guy. the whole appeal to dudes like him and redgrave is that they have their own really comprehensive takes on the story, their bias is what draws people in.

>But you can die, once you're set free from the hunter's dream you can permadie in that ending.
You're no longer a 'hunter' at that point.

Theres dialogue from the fishmen about the orphan being taken away

It was never DeS2. There's an interview that says this explicitly. Umbasa was carried over because it means "our daily bread" and it makes a ton of sense to have in Bloodborne.

fuck off you autist. you used to post this shit thread and get BTFO every single time because your head canon fan theories don't hold up to scrutiny

Not just for that, truth be told, I don't think very much of Dark Souls. I think it's way, way overrated, always thought that, probably because I played DeS first, really enjoyed it, and then I was disappointed when DS1 came out and was just the "bad copy" of DeS, then I was even more disappointed when DS1 exploded, while nobody gave a fuck about DeS. No comment about DS2 and DS3. I think From's real masterpieces are DeS and BB.

are you sure thats why shes retarded? i thought it was because she was an imperfect old one

This man is a false lore-sage and a Redgrave twitch prime subscriber, do not listen to his inane babbling.

Link to this interview? Not trying to contradict, just want to read it.

Or does it send you into the Hunter's Nightmare?

There's just some dialog about the orphan returning to the ocean from what I'm reading from the hamlet priest.

I would assume you wouldn't because you're no longer tied to the 'dream'. I'm under the impression that those hunters who are supposed to be 'on a hunt' that go murder and blood crazy are those who get sent into the Hunter's Nightmare.

Of course you are retard, do you think every hunter in the game is the Moon Presence's personal aide? Hunters are people that have had a beast-blood transfusion or are trained by a hunting school and hunt.

if wolves and elk are fair game, why not horses? most of the yharnamites and beast patients even resemble monkeys more than they do werewolves. its pretty obvious "beasthood" just makes you animalistic, with no real bias towards one animal or the other.

I basically agree with you, I just don't think JSF is right in his approach. I'm glad he does what he does and he can be interesting sometimes. I haven't watched his content in forever now and I can't remember anything super specific that I'd want to cite. Basically any time he talks about the cut content, if you're familiar with what he's actually talking about, it's 500x more ambiguous than what he says.
4gamer.net/games/260/G026038/20140611091/
complex.com/pop-culture/2014/06/bloodborne-not-demons-souls

I'm not a lore sage or claiming to be one, I just love the game and talking about it. Not saying any of that post is fact, just posting some common theories about the player's origin.

Why are you even spewing this nonsense. There are no files saying her name was Rom the retarded, there is no indication anywhere she was retarded at all. Willem studied Kos, Kos came from the water which acted in ways as a veil between dimensions (see Old Hunter dlc yharnam in the water at fishing hamlet etc) so Willem used a student as part of a ritual to veil the dimension and attempt to save it, by the time you meet him obviously this did not work as he had hoped and now you have to kill Rom to see what's really happening and to stop it. Rom is called vacuous not because she's retarded but because the ritual didn't manage to stop anything and only hid it from sight.

Can you write a timeline of the biggest events in the story? I mean, not too specific, maybe just a little specific in the parts you know? Like, when did the shit in Loran happend? Before or after the Pthumerian? When did the Blood Moon in old Yharnam happened? Was the Healing Church behind it all? Around when Gehrman was "kidnapped" into the Hunter's Dream? Who entered the Hunter's Dream first, Eileen of Djura? And are those the only 2 confirmed hunters who we know entered the HD?

we don't need theories when it is explicity mentioned
>in the game
>in the instruction manual
>in interviews
B-B-B-B-BUT MUH CUT CONTENT
neck yourself retard

I disagree, the healing blood is what transforms yharnamites to beasts, and we know from the blood saints that the higher ranking members of the church received higher quality portions of the beast blood. It's why all the commoners turn into shitty wolves while the blood saints and high rankers turn into lumbering great fucks.

Does the old blood all come from one source?
Does the source of acquired blood have different effects?

My understanding of HN is that it's a punishment for blood drunk hunters when they die/stop dreaming.

All he says is that the child of Kos is wizened, which means appears old- as we see in game.

This some of the shit ITT is completely ridiculous and made up and people keep referencing some shitty YouTuber this is a fucking autist shill thread

>Of course you are retard, do you think every hunter in the game is the Moon Presence's personal aide?
At least for those who have a weird dream about a burning werewolf and getting groped by mini aliens.

>lore sage
>bloodborne
You realize even miyazaki isn't clear on everything, right? All the """lore""" is up to interpretation by design.

Attached: 1546159285303.jpg (727x727, 39K)

Okay threads over guys, this fag wants the discussions to end. Please respect his authority on the subject. Fucking kill yourself.

ok

Not him but in Japanese the word used to describe her is basically "retarded."
You can disagree, but this is what the director of the game has said in interview. There's nothing to suggest Blood Saints and high ranking members of the Healing Church received more blood or whatever.
No, and kinda, but it's not that important. The only thing that really matters is how corrupted it is.
Source this claim?

>Bogdanoffs plastic surgery
>Pthumerian kangz arrive on egyptian pyramid spacecraft
>The events of Demons Souls 1 happen
>Land of the Giants from DeS1 cut DLC happens
>Land of Giants leads to Dark Souls 2 war with giants
>Burgernwyrth and Healing Church are created
>Dark Souls 2 DLC kings
>Modern day Bloodborne AKA Demons SOuls 2
>Possible Dark Souls 3 time travel shenanigans take place
>Events of Bloodborne in game
>Player becomes a new alien old one god canon ending
>Bloodborne ending leads to Elden Ring
>Elden Ring bad end = Dark Souls age of darkness

No hear the ones at the doors of the houses. You can hear the same lady from when we get transported to the nightmare say something along the lines of 'they took the child". I'll see if i can get an old screenshot or something

>this is what the director of the game has said in interview
post source or kill yourself

Gross she's a old lady

He put hunter in quotes for you, implying specifically hunters whove been branded by the hunter rune

soulslore.wikidot.com/bb-future-press-guide-interview

"Miyazaki: I, personally, have never had any really scary or paranormal experiences. I don't have any occult powers, and I definitely haven't seen any ghosts. Maybe that's part of why I “look up to” things like that, like I talked about before. I suppose I'm a little jealous of people who are scared of the dark. So the inspiration for ideas comes from somewhere a little different. For this game, for example, one theme was the “inner clash” going on within the beast-type foes.

The urge to transform into a beast is in conflict with the basic sense of humanity we all have. That humanity serves as a kind of shackle, keeping the transformation in its place. The stronger the shackle keeping that urge to transform in place is, the larger the recoil once that shackle is finally broken. The results cause you to transform into a larger creature, or a more twisted one. The struggle between these two urges is one concept here. You see that pretty clearly with the beast characters designed early on – especially the Cleric Beast, which serves as their icon of sorts. That connects with the idea that the cleric is really the most fearsome beast of them all."

Consider how OP our Moon Presence-gifted 'reset' powers are: Back in the day you could walk into an inn, slaughter everyone wholesale, then blow your brains out saying "it was all a dream" and doing it again. This felt like who the Hunter's Nightmare was designed for, otherwise you do an Eileen and just kill them IRL.

>basically retarded
yeah and vacuous can be misconstrued as retarded too but that isn't what it really means stop saying this shit like it's fact and not your shitty autist headcanon

Interview with miyazaki.
>What's pale blood?
>It's uuuuh the sky? Wait no the moon beast. Wait, no, it's.... shit.

Attached: 2u5YrpQ_d.jpg (379x265, 27K)

If you read Miyazaki's interview with a local newspaper in his home town in Japan, you would know she's only 29.

I guess English is your second language if you fail to understand the context of that quote. At least you tried, ESL-kun. Aren't you German or some shit? I would expect better of a kraut.

>I know more than anyone else about Bloodborne lore
>he says it like its some kind of achievement
to anyone itt who thinks bb lore is big or complex; it just appears so to brainlets because it's so loose and all over the place, when you actually piece the core elements together it turns out to be extremely simple and shallow shit.

Attached: 128a430239790b7e622e7c8bd2a8570e21609ad2_00.gif (320x173, 334K)

Here's the page 2 to 'Paleblood' bit

Attached: uEmlmnR[1].png (516x116, 26K)

Hey bro, if you're so smart then let's see you copy and paste information from a wiki. Heh.... Sorry if you feel embarrassed at being owned... Nothin personnel

But it's not like vacuous in Japanese. It's retarded, or at very least idiot.

This, he's the only reason I watch any of her stuff. I especially hate when he's actually going into something worthwhile, and then she interrupts him with "OMG RICHIE DO YOU KNOW WHAT"

hey bro... you're a faggot and i fucked your mom... haha sorry didn't mean to own you this hard lol.... nothin personnel

adjective: vacuous

having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.

>Hakuchi no kumo Roma
lit. "Roma, the Idiotic Spider"

Please tell me where Willem studied Kos though, and how Rom keeps the influence of the Great Ones at bay without all of the other evidence that perfectly clicks into place.

Delete these posts right now. Stop ruining this epic gamer lore thread. Can't you go bother those stupid CHIM faggots with your facts???

which chalice dungeon is this?

Attached: 1496288570954.webm (853x480, 2.4M)

Good thing the primary language of the game is English, do you understand the concept of different languages having unique words? I doubt there is a direct Japanese translation of "vacuous".

Ask me ANYTHING about Bloodborne and I will search the wiki for an answer or make up my own fan theory. I have more imagination than anyone on Yea Forums so my theories are correct.

It's not the primary language of the game, the English script was localized based on a Japanese draft.

Some randomly generated one.

>It is an embodiment of a curse that haunts Gehrman because of what he did at the Fishing Hamlet.
You mean the embodiment of the curse affecting ALL of the hunters because of what Gehrman and all the other hunters did back then.

The Old Blood came from the tombs of the great ones, which is also where the Pthumerians were found ( in modern day Yharnam ). It's implied by a number of rune descriptions that the blood is from the Great one, Oedon.

item descriptions for the tophat and threaded cane imply the healing church made a push to become more "civilized" in an effort to combat the purge. two healing church hunters you fight use the threaded cane, more beastly weapons like ones made by the powder kegs are considered heretical. a character like father gascoigne who, despite being a member of the church, undergoes a fairly common transformation because he didnt make much of an effort to fight it. a far more gallant character like ludwig turns into a disgusting teratoma monster. actively going out of your way to transform into a beast with the rune just makes you kinda hairy. i always took it for granted that the more you fought beasthood, the worse it got.

Yeah, this isn't like the Souls series where they hire english actors to speak in english performances, there's a native Japanese localization this time around.

vacuous 1. emptied of or lacking content
Possibly meaning Rom was emptied of her humanity into a false Great One for this ritual.

It's literally a curse brought about by the orphan and the priests of the hamlet. It's said by numerous people in the DLC.

Found it

Attached: Orphan taken.jpg (1235x630, 135K)

That introduced with the DLC. It was still written in Japanese first though. On Frognation's website it outright says the English script was based on a Japanese draft. The idea that English is the primary language is just some shit Redgrave made up for some reason.

Your source is a Yea Forums post?

Not him but you presented yourself as saying you were well read on a subject that is nothing more than absolute conjecture and headcanon by a popular youtuber. This entire thread is full of people presenting their own baseless ideas as fact and it doesn't help form any solid ideas.

Hey, that's my picture of the guide, and my post.

Reminder that obsession over the lore and faggots on youtube/wikis have completely ruined the charm of the background story in these games where everyone who kind of paid attention could have a different interpretation of certain things

whats the difference between a god and an the great ones? Under my opinion gods are only Oedon, Amygdala and the Moon Presence. Then the great ones will be Mergo, Rom, Ebrietas... So i think the difference is that a god like the Moon presence has the power to create a world, called in Bloodborne a ''dream'', while the great ones are only able to create Nighmares. What do you think?

Maybe you need to take a break, champ. You seem to be a little mad. Has your mommy not brought you your meds yet?

The facts speak for themselves. Why else would there be sunken pirate ships? Yharnam isn't a trade city. There was a battle at sea and Kos got killed.

You could always test it out to be sure. I dont have my PS4 right now

This is the only solid lore post ITT, everyone else can fuck off and pay attention next time.

>isn't like the Souls series where they hire English actors to give English performances
Except that's exactly what it is. Are you implying Dark and Demons Souls weren't written in Japanese and translated? It's a fucking Japanese game company they don't write this shit in English when making the game, it's always translated.

I think the series is cynical about gods and all Great Ones are "beings that might be described as gods."

I think Miyazaki doesn't even speak english so since he's writing the lore it makes sense for it to be originally in japanese.

Yeah, that's what I said. A punishment for hunters. The question is, are the hunters we see in the HN already dead in the waking world? Is HN like a sort of hell they go to when they die? Obviously death isn't the only way to get there since we enter through the Amygdala portal. What I'm getting at is, in the Yarnham sunrise ending, where are you waking up? As in, are you in a dream, nightmare or "real world"?

That has nothing to do with the Hunter's Nightmare and the souls of the hunters trapped within it though. The Hunter's Nightmare was a curse placed on the Brygenwerth hunters for their crimes at the Fishing Hamlet and nothing more.

Heres your picture of the guide, bro.

Attached: 1549874566505.jpg (1200x1280, 266K)

He does speak English and he works very closely with Frognation. Sometimes the Japanese script is adjusted to suit the English. There's an old interview about the localization process for Dark Souls that goes into this.

What are the sources of the blood?
Does the hunter refill his vials via those beasts he slays?
Are there different kinds of corruption the blood can undergo?

Wonder whether bloodsource influences what you transform into if you succumb.

Blood Saints mainly, or just living things that has blood in them. I'm not sure about that, I'd guess no. Yes but it's never super specific. It's more about what the blood teases out of you than what the blood does in its own right.

>Yharnam isn't a trade city.
No but there's plenty of places in the dreamlands that are. Many concepts from Bloodborne are almost copied verbatim from Lovecraft and DH Lawrence, and the boats *could* have been part of a much bigger world.

Attached: 6235691129_780650060c_b.jpg (1024x736, 459K)

What level of mental gymnastics are we on here

It's a meme thread title that's been posted here hundreds of times, but feel free to keep acting like you know better than everyone else.

Nope. They were battle boats for the fight against Kos, Moby Dick style. The evidence is there. There is no need to start talking about external materials and influences.

>Nope
I can see that now, deflating and disappointing.

yeah ok dude im sure that's what it means and everyone else is a dumb doodoo brain

Can one be warped by different influences at one in the lore at least?
Like if one takes on the blood from different great ones or something.
Saw there were two weapons that transformed you (Beast Claw and Kos Parasite) but wonder whether the effects are mutually exclusive as a lore thing.

Is that you Rakuyo?

>tfw no Pirate section in BB where you kill Sea Creatures and great ones
MIIYAAAZAAAKIIIIIII

elden ring... our last hope...

Yeah probably. Beasthood and Kin seem to be opposite ends of the spectrum.

"One of the trick weapons of the workshop, commonly used by hunters on their duties. Sufficiently deadly as a rigid bladed cane, but also serves as a whip when its blade is split into many. Concealing the weapon inside the cane and flogging the beasts with the whip is partly an act of ceremony, an attempt to demonstrate to oneself that the bloodlust of the hunt will never encroach upon the soul."

"Hat worn by Hunters who admire formality: Some hunters place an emphasis on form, as seen by the use of the threaded cane.
For them, formality, beauty, and justice are the very essence of our humanity, and precisely what keeps hunters from becoming something else."

There's no mention of a PR push by the church, Gascoigne wasn't a high ranking member of the church either. His 'father' title refers to his daughters.

"Father" is a title used for clerics in a foreign land, and there is no such rank in the Healing Church"

I can see the poetry in making the holy men and saviors into the most deformed beasts in the end but the in-game reasoning is their access to high concentrates of the Old Blood.

How did the ships get into the Nightmare near Mensis from the waking world? Did they just get ‘absorbed’ into the Nightmare and floated down?

wtf is bloodborne?

Blood magic. Gehrman is an elder blood wizard and was also the Ship Captian.

Sinclair's channel would be dead without JSF.

There's only one Hunter's Nightmare, and that's just the curse born of the fishing hamlet priests/Orphan's anguish. It's stated that the Great Ones are ultimately sympathetic to humanity, despite their influences. Even Amygdala, the most monsterous and combatative Great One we encounter has a following of worshippers that he 'bestows gifts' upon.

Not absorbed, more like copy+pasted

I could try again after work but I keep hearing “taken” after someone murmurs “Kos” so I dunno what the fuck

I take it they're whaling ships, and the fishing hamlet hunted whales off the coast of Yharnam. Kos died because her body was infested and teeming with hundreds of parasites, and when her corpse washed up on shore, the big dick hunters moved in.

Why arent they near the Hamlet?

Answer why the game is so bad?

is it true that kos was raped by a sexually frustrated gehrman and the orphan is the rape baby?

>he spent all his autismbux on a bone
Look at this fool. Look at him amd laugh.

Well the bloodcrazed hunter enemies we fight in the Hunters Nightmare are described as very old, as their armour and weapons are primitive in design and mostly based on early superstitions. We also encounter a couple of Powderkeg hunters, which is a defunct school. That said, you can summon a Madaras twin, and a young Valtr, which are also alive in the waking world during the events of the game. Then again, they aren't blood-crazed at that point.
I think the Yharnam sunrise ending is you waking up the following morning of the events of the game, in the waking world. If you die at that point you die forever, no longer bound to the dream.

Nothing stopping you from clearing the fishing hamlet with the Spear Rifle or Cannon

We all know that Yarnham Sunrise ending has you waking up from the dream into the waking world. What my theory presupposes is, maybe it's the Hunter's Nightmare?

An infectous disease passed from host to host through blood transfusion.

No, he had the doll for that. They took the umbilical cord from the already-developed Orphan.

By theory do you have any evidence to support it what-so-ever? It was an ending in-game before the DLC introduced the existance of the Hunter's Nightmare. You also have the option of slaying the Orphan, putting an end to the Nightmare. You also see that the sun in the Nightmare is completely fucked, and looks like the collapsed iris of a blooddrunk hunter, unlike the Sunrise ending.

What's that part of the Cathedral District you reach when you fall all the way to the bottom of the Church Hunter's Workshop? The street with some side-alleys, and eventually exits out to that ledge in the Cathedral Ward just past the gate up the huge flight of stairs. It has some townsfolk enemy variants you don't see anywhere else in the game. They're wearing hoods and apron-like robes.

Eventually feeding seeds

I think the sky would need to be nightmare-ish, especially if it has that huge orange glow prior to slaying the Orphan.

Kos or Kosm used to have the model of the current Ebrietas in the original version of the game, this would have explained how Micholas got his hands on the augur arcane spell.

Don’t quote me on this but I think it’s one of the few areas they finished first back when it had the alpha plot.

birdshit

>gherman sends you to the setting's equivalent of hell disguised as an act of mercy
senile old coot
you can get those clothes in the hunter's nightmare and they're called the butcher's set. my guess is it's a particularly kooky part of yharnam that the healing church didn't bother walling up

>used to be kos/kosm
>”as you once did for the vacuus Rom...”
Now the altar of despair really makes sense and I’m fully convinced that’s the body of Rom before it got put into ‘Moonside Lake’ and grew fat after awhile.

There's also a Kidnapper and a Brainsucker there too. But yeah maybe it's like a butcher's district? Since the Japanese theme of kegare (impurity) plays a role in the themes of Bloodborne, maybe that's where Yharnamites quarantine the people who butcher animals for food? Like how Hemwick is where people get buried.

So only Yharnam has beasts and other monster things right? And if you consume or injected their blood then you will slowly go mad and become a beast?
The night of hunt is when people go mad and kill themselves or anyone that they see as beasts since they are mad?
What is exactly the blood that gives you superpower? Where did it come from?
Why didn't you turn into beast the more you consume blood echoes? Like there are multiple bosses who turn into beasts the more they fight you but you still retain human form.

its just a fucking street dude there doesn't have to be some huge plot reason behind every door, window and alley in the game

>"""Buried"""
Haha, yeah...

Attached: bb kos.png (1449x1252, 732K)

It was not, Dark Souls 2 and the rest of the series has far more interesting story and lore, stories based on real history tend to be boring because there is not much "new stuff" to discover.

>JUST IMAGINE IT BRO WE GAMERS

fucking hack

>bloodborne was never a demon's souls sequ-

Attached: 00256_00257.jpg (2700x1868, 915K)

Yharnam is not the only place to have an outbreak of the beast plague, it has happened at least in the land of Loran.
The Old Blood was excavated from the tomb of the Great Ones and consumed by members of the theocracy of Yharnam (the Healing Church) and dispensed amongst the masses. This blood is what transforms people into beasts, and it's effects are magnified the closer the moon is to Yharnam. During the events of the game, the moon is hanging at it's lowest point (very close), and the transforming effects of the beast plague are running rampant. The beast blood makes people naturally more aggressive and bloodthirsty, and the people of Yharnam are already quite xenophobic. Most people stay inside during the nights of the hunt so they attack you for a myriad of reasons.

It's implied that consuming blood echoes doesn't transform the player character into a beast, as they are protected by the messengers and the moon presence. The opening cutscene where a beast rises up to consume you, and is consumed by flame.
That said, you can still transform into a beast using the Beast rune, regardless of how many blood echoes you have consumed. Father Gascoigne is the only person you fight that transforms into a beast mid-battle. That's because you caught him as he was already in the process of transforming, and the fight just urged him on. Vicar Amelia, the Cleric Beast, Ludwig etc are already transformed before you fight them. The only exception is the beggar that can transform to and fro between human and beast at his own convenience, but still is ultimate still a beast inside, cannibalizing the populace.

el.

fuck off dude, I don't give a shit if you didn't like Sekiro but don't go around saying DSII isn't an absolute fucking garbage fire, it's just disingenuous

What was Paleblood at the end of the day?

You started off with the goal of ending the hunt but then it shifted to stopping Micolash. Why

In one of the endings you die and then reawaken. Are you now like the hunter with the gattling gun who can no longer "dream" (go to Gherman's workshop)? Did the things you did in the waking world before death actually happen? Is the curse lifted when you awaken?

Bergenwerth found a holy medium... Was it Ebritas and they moved her from the chalice dungeons to the back of the church? If not, what was it?

Who was the choir?

Wow you're right, that top image really looks like Below the Nexus, and also Kiln of the First Flame and also the Shrine of Amana and also the Profaned Capital.

>Tengu (Japanese: 天狗, "heavenly dog") are a type of legendary creature found in Japanese folk religion.
>Although they take their name from a dog-like Chinese demon (Tiangou), the tengu were originally thought to take the forms of birds of prey, and they are traditionally depicted with both human and avian characteristics.
>Buddhism long held that the tengu were disruptive demons and harbingers of war. Their image gradually softened, however, into one of protective, if still dangerous, spirits of the mountains and forests.
>Tengu are commonly depicted holding a magical feather fan (羽団扇 hauchiwa).

Attached: Mergo's_Wet_Nurse.png (540x484, 284K)

What happens when you wake up? I still don't understand, what is the waking world? Mikolash says he wakes up now, where does he wake up?

This has been a great thread. I love all of you posters and also Fromsoft. I don’t feel Sekiro captured the magic of the soulsborne games, but I hope the they can bring it back.

What does beast eat if there are only beasts? There was a guy in Old Yharnam said that if we left the beasts there alone everything would be fine. Was that true? Or those beasts would eventually hunt for normal human?

>doesn't allow you to play like a tps yet includes guns
This one always gets me

Attached: 1515440016647.png (830x987, 721K)

Seek the Paleblood was the moon/moon presence.
Your goal was to silence the cries of Mergo. In order to do that you had to kill Mergo's Attendant, to do that you had to ascend Mergo's Loft, in order to do that you had to kill Micolash, in order to that you had to enter the Nightmare of Mensis, in order to do that you had to kill the One Reborn for some reason, in order to do that you had to beckon the Blood Moon (Seek the Paleblood), in order to do that you had to kill Rom, in order to do that you had to learn the password to the forbidden woods, in order to do that you had to touch Laurence's skull, in order do to that you had to kill Vicar Amelia.
Everything else is optional, this is your goal.

Yes, in the Yharnam Sunrise ending you awake on the morning after the previous night of the hunt, in which everything you did took place. It was presumably the worst night of the hunt in the history of Yharnam, as the moon hung at it's lowest point in the sky. If you died at that point you'd die just like anyone else, just like Djura and Eileen.
Bergynwerth found both the Old Blood in the tomb of the gods/chalice dungeon.
Ebrietas was found by The Choir, the highest ranking members of The Healing Church, which splintered off from Bergynwerth.
There was nothing special about the members of The Choir but they might aswell have been The Illuminati of Yharnam.

Vicar Amelia was still a human before she transformed into a beast to fight you though. I just assumed that she could transform into beast and back into human as she wanted.

Did you mean to post a picture of Eileen?

The only baby Eileen takes care of is (You)

The waking world is reality, where most of the game takes place. When you wake up you're just waking up on the morning following the night of the hunt, as a regular human. Mikolash has been trapped in the Nightmare of Mensis, (a metaphysical realm just like the Hunter's Dream) for so long that his real body in the waking world has long since died and withered. He doesn't have a body to wake up to in the waking world (reality) so he goes from thinking he's immortal in the Nightmare to realizing he's about to return to nothingness.

They'd probably eat whatever crows were stupid enough to fly down there. The only mention of food we know about is that the beggar beast eats people, and has a constant hunger. I guess Djura considers them starving to death a better death than being molotov'd

Well it's a cool introduction to her fight, but no she would be just like the rampaging cleric beast. People are transforming so much during the events of the game because the moon is so close on the night of the hunt.

it's up!
discord.gg/XTk73fM

Attached: __hunter_and_plain_doll_bloodborne_drawn_by_5unri5e666__c8d098257f13c466c0d0a21b18da5ea8.png (700x700, 166K)

Choir was Laurence's entourage essentially?

What was taking place at the upper cathedral? I assume they were using newborns and fetuses to create a great one.

Were they successful like what's her name who was capturing and experimenting on people you sent to her (I can't remember anyones name today)?

I have heard that ebritas is not a great one and that Amygdala you fight is not unique (basically same as the ones you see hanging off buildings)?

Was the beast curse/scourge lifted after you complete the game? I didn't think it was.

To keep going:

The fuck did Moon Presence want from you and Gherman? Killer Mergo because it was the child of another great one and they compete as none can keep their kids (yearn for a surrogate)?

Are places like nightmare frontier, nightmare of mensis, etc all different dream states just like Gherman's worhshop? I know the shop and the equivalent in the waking world so I figured nightmare of mensis has a real world counterpart that you never visit?

What do you think of the theory that everyone is sucking down on period blood. I always thought that theory was retarded and was just that one faggot with the faggot ass youtube avatar getting high on his on farts trying to sound deep when it appears everyone is just injecting themselves with blood and the one blob head lady animation shows that she's giving you her blood from her wrist.

They were the upper echilon of the healing church

Upper Cathedral/Orphanage was owned by the Choir, and is where they carry out their experiments into ascension to Great Ones/Kin, Iosefka was a member of the choir and presumably left on the night of the hunt after the Orphanage was overrun with beasts, to continue her research elsewhere. The fruits of which was Third of Umbilical Chord, so the choir were making some progress.
There is some dispute that because Celestial Emmisaries and Living Failures are Kin, and not Great Ones, that Ebrietas is also not a Great One as it is flagged as a Kin for damage types. Take from that what you will but it's quite a stretch one way or the other. Ebrietas was the Choir's link to the Cosmos and was helping their research.

The beast plague is not cured at the end of the game, but if you kill the Moon Presence and become a Great One yourself, I suppose you could keep the moon from accelerating the transformation process. It's still there though.

it would make sense considering the whole theme of motherhood but I'm pretty sure most of the blood in the game doesn't come from the cooch

What about Amygdala?

Is there any story elements to the unique bosses in the chalices?

Was there some mass exodus of great ones at some point? Ebritas is known as the one left behind.

Was there ever an explanation regarding the time-shifting abilities of the altar in Ebritas's chamber?

Also

what is this tranny shit

Vaati

If Kos was a boss would it be the strongest boss lorewise?

>in order to do that you had to kill Micolash, in order to that you had to enter the Nightmare of Mensis, in order to do that you had to kill the One Reborn for some reason, in order to do that you had to beckon the Blood Moon (Seek the Paleblood)
so wrong and confused

Is Kos supposed to be pronounced as CHAOS?

What's wrong?

Why did the winter lantern have big brain?

nah if you don't know i'm not helping you. leave the FromSoft (From Software) lore to the specialists.

Maybe, but it'd probably fight like the Bed of Chaos. It wouldn't consider you a real threat until it's too late, just a bug to swat away.

I'm not OP, I'm the guy he was replying to with that list. Genuinely curious where he went wrong as I don't see any issues.

sorry this isn't my scene

you don't have to kill micolash to get to the loft he just happens to be in the way because you're in his castle
you don't have to kill one reborn to enter the nightmare, again it's just in the way. to get in the nightmare you just touch micolash's corpse
you do have to kill rom to set off all the crazy alien shit but then everything between that and killing mergos wet nurse are just obstacles that happened to be there

Well if there's an obstacle preventing you from progressing toward your goal then you do have to deal with them.

dude was acting like it was an essential part of the journey though. it's like saying Mario couldn't stop Bowser without stomping every Koopa on the way. it's irrelevant, they just happened to be there

>dude was acting like it was an essential part of the journey though

It is though. That's why they're obstacles. He didn't mention optional bosses as they are not obstacles on the main quest

I don't see why it would be. It's teeming with parasites and isn't really known for doing anything special, it's only adherents are the fishing hamlet denizens.

I am the guying you were replying to and it was an explaination of the events of the game. No, Micolash didn't have any bearing on the events of the game, he was just a mandatory boss fights because his fight includes a fog-door. I was explaining what the nescessary path was to enact the moon president's will. You don't have to stomp every Koopa to beat Mario but you do have to stomp every Micolash to beat Bloodborne.

has EYES on the INSIDE gone TOO FAR?
[YES] [NO]
answer correctly and win a free ipod nano!

If we're going by absolute have tos and don't have tos then you don't have to kill Rom because you could just climb over the wall to the One Reborn's boss fight before it gets summoned and touch Micolash's corpse from there. Bringing about the bloodmoon is what gets the Mensis school to open the gate to perform their ritual that has no bearing on anything.

Attached: 1481385236837.jpg (600x851, 80K)

What's the easiest possible build to breeze through the game?

I played DES and DAS 1. The rest I skipped and this is the last but I no longer have the time to thoroughly enjoy games like I used to.

To be honest if you've got that kind of mindset you're not going to enjoy your time with Bloodborne. There are plenty of weapons to "carry" you, the Hunter's Axe transformed R2 attack will get you through anything and everything, so will the kirkweapons, but if you're not willing to think things over for yourself and see where you might be making mistakes in a fight and instead keep bashing your head against a wall until it falls you'll get nowhere.
I hope you find the passion to enjoy games like you used to but I can't recommend you'll have a great time with Bloodborne until you do.

Do the events of "The Night of the Hunt" actually take place in the real OG world or is it more of a collective nightmare?

What about Amygdala?

Is there any story elements to the unique bosses in the chalices?

Was there some mass exodus of great ones at some point? Ebritas is known as the one left behind.

Was there ever an explanation regarding the time-shifting abilities of the altar in Ebritas's chamber?

Also (You)

Mics actions pissed off mp. She wanted him ded.

Both. It's all really happening, but some parts of it are happening in a different layer of reality when you're in the Hunter's Dream / Nightmare of Mensis/Nightmare Frontier/Hunter's Nightmare/etc

I like to think TOR is an attempt to revive Kos and give eyes to the people outside the nightmare. Like every other attempt of Byrgenwerth and Mensis to touch the divine, they fuck it up.
There's nothing to suggest Mensis works with the nightmare horrors. It's probably just chaos with anyone getting killed or frenzied. Micolash might be too nuts to even frenzy and the hunter with the sword is supposed to be an investigator on behalf of the Choir.
Slimebros are part of the college but weren't in on the Hidden Village ritual, or they got sucked into the nightmare before they had a chance to join in the cage fun.

Attached: 505eb130daed17e7e02a0d5024ed74a1.png (835x900, 1.73M)

Amygdala is a Great One. He seems pretty cruel but has a concave of worshippers. His worshippers seem to transform into spiders as the worshippers of Kos become fishlike and those who imbibe the Old Blood of Oedon become wolflike. The 'Garden of Eyes' mobs in Bergynwerth were somehow created to harvest eyes from, and they appear to be taking on the forms of Lesser Amygdala, and hold spider-patterned stones in their hands. We can take from that that the lesser Amgydala around Yahar'gul and the Cathedral Ward could possibly be much more transformed versions of these post-Yharnamite scholars.
The Chalice dungeon enemies generally have lore that can be inferred from their name, or armour, such as the Bone Ash set
>bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bone Ash Set

The Pthumerians are tasked with guarding the slumbering bodies of the Great Ones within the chalice dungeons. The most important chalice dungeon boss is Queen Yharnam herself, but her lore can be found all throughout the game. She's more of a reward for clearing out the base chalices, and drops Mergo's calcified fetus when you beat her. The watchers and descendants are just Pthumerians of different rank and class, what's interesting is that they have a mastery over fire magic, which isn't prevelant at all in modern Yharnam. Many people considered the Blood Letting Beast in the chalice dungeon to be Laurence before the DLC, and it's still a decent enough theory that he might have once been.
Not much is known about Ebrietas being left behind, but Ebrietas was found in the Labrynth of Isz.
>"It was also the first Great Chalice brought back to the surface since the time of Byrgenwerth, and allowed the Choir to have audience with Ebrietas"
Perhaps Ebrietas' kin left the waking world for a Dream/Nightmare and left Ebrietas behind in the waking world to guide whoever needed guiding.

more to come

>except maybe DS3.
How is DaS III finished exactly compared to the other games?

The Altar of Despair is odd and not much is known about it or it's connections to the Vilebloods, but the spider body is almost certainly the waking-world corpse of Rom, with Rom's spirit existing in the Dream-world of the Bergynwerth lake. This is just speculation though.
The corpse doesn't seem to control time, it's just that by picking up the smashed-bits of Queen Annalise the undying, she can reform her flesh once again. I suspect it's just a gameplay consideration as it doesn't really have a connection to anything, and they had to get you out of Cainhurst to resurrect her or Alfred would just smash her into paste again. There's probably not much of a lore reason for why her helmet and clothes come back either but very specific and localized time travel doesn't seem to be the answer.

>and drops Mergo's calcified fetus when you beat her
>His worshippers seem to transform into spiders as the worshippers of Kos become fishlike and those who imbibe the Old Blood of Oedon become wolflike

Never realized any of this.

Also always thought Amygdala that you fight is unique among them with others in the city being subservient.

Appreciate it man I love this lore.

Willem
>If we are to make ourselves ascend and, I hope, become more god-like, we need to grow greater insight and become more knowledgeable.
Everyone else
>lol we need eyes inside to see inside

Attached: 0e9e40f47113e4f68ac1054760b68aa2.jpg (1480x2093, 1.48M)

>Elden Ring bad end = Dark Souls age of darkness
Nah, Elden Ring is a prequel to Dark Souls because the Elden Ring is the dark sign that Gwyn slaps on humanity.

Willem literally lined his brain with eyes

I thought he just had Alzheimer stalks growing out of his back.

Slimebros are just Bergynwerth scholars endlessly studying the Great Ones in a school floating between levels of reality. Molluscs are commonly in touch with the Great Ones so their research into them are changing them just like anyone else's transformations are influenced by their insight.

I think The One Reborn was an attempt to pull Mergo through into the waking world from the Nightmare of Mensis. It's too much of a coincidence imo that they're situated just outside of the mass-corpses of the Mensis school, and so many notes around Yahar'gul mention stopping the ritual, and silencing the child's harrowing cry. Outside of Micolash mentioning Kos, their school doesn't really have anything to do with Kos, and she has already died in the waking world, unlike Mergo that was stillborn in the Nightmare. The other Great Ones all have bodies in the waking world but Mergo never did, which is why the school of Mensis is going through such great effort to amass hundreds of freshly killed Yharnamites into one place, to finally give Mergo a corpse. Killing The One Reborn I believe just kills Mergo in the waking world, which doesn't have any bearing on anything, and is why we have to follow it into the Nightmare to finish it for good.

If Mergo was stillborn then how was it crying and why do we need to silence its cry?

I believe you're right about Amygdala, there are no lesser Amygdala in the Nightmare Frontier, only in the waking world. Patches also seems to be pretty impressed that you killed his God after the fact aswell.

It was stillborn in the waking world, which is why Yharnam always looks pregnant. It's calcified corpse is literally stuck inside of her womb. It's crying comes from the Nightmare of Mensis. Mergo was never born in the waking world but it was still a great one, and it's spirit lives on in the Nightmare world, as all Great Ones do after their waking world body dies.

Mensis tried communing with it in the Nightmare and that's where shit went wrong, and they all got brained. Now Mergo's spirit is wailing incessantly in the Nightmare of Mensis and for reasons never given to the player, the Moon President wants to put an end to it.

We do that because we're the Moon President's champion and want the fuck outta this slavery deal.

Here's a cool experiment you can try at home, kids

Look up images of cross-sections of umbilical cords on google

Now look up images of the Moon Presence, particularly it's face/dreadlocks

Why the chicken crossed the street?

Great Ones lose their children and want surrogates. I assume it was because of this that Moon Presence wanted Mergo dead and embraced you at the end. Were you to be its child after you killed the child of a "competitor" Great One?

>for reasons never given to the player, the Moon President wants to put an end to it.

I have no problem with stories that don't explain everything but this is a huge one. It was our prime motivator, surely there's something

Because it's the mystery that would answer every other mystery I think it's intentionally vague that we couldn't comprehend the machinations of a Great One.

Bare in mind Mergo only embraces you when you kill Gherman, and when it does so you become the next steward of the Hunter's Dream. It's just conscripting you to replace Gherman as the meet n' greet for new hunters it summons. If you consume the three umbilical cord pieces you gain the power to resist it's hold over you, which allows you to kill it. There's no ending where the Moon Presence embraces you and then you become a Great One

I didn't think it would embrace you to become a great one, you're a surrogate. I doubt the creatures from the infinite black void hug. It likely has a lot more to do with the emphasis the game has on children of the great ones. I think Gherman was its surrogate and you took over, seeing as how without the cords you are embraced and then take his place to do its bidding.

There are still plenty of mysteries that would remain if we knew what MP wanted. This seemed like dropping the ball when theres no real reason where you're playing the game ultimately.

All I'll disagree with you on is that explaining the Moon Presence's motives and the true motives of the Great Ones would completely undermine the message of their unfathomable complexity. One of the biggest messages in Bloodborne is that the pursuit of knowledge alone only leads to madness and ruin. To then add a player character that goes man you know these 200,000 other retards that have spent their life trying to comprehend the Great Ones and destroyed themselves even trying to think about them too hard should have just read this note I found hidden behind a rock. That would just cheapen everything and everyone in the game.

Just beat the game. I beat the Moon President and all that and I think I get what was going on, but what was the Doll? Was she working for the Great Ones or is she neutral? Did she really love me? I'm a bit confused.

And what's Paleblood? It never came up again.

Attached: e2da64998d736532bafea8a132be2c4a.gif (288x422, 733K)

The Moon Presence might be paleblood.

orphan is gerhmans child. kos is the anti maria. kos was just a beached whale. the stupid villagers were N words and never saw a whale before. gerhman saw it and did what he did best killed an animal. (it was a mercy killing). the ignorant villagers cursed him IRL with their retard ideas.

what is the moon presences motive?

Paleblood = Paleblood moon = Moon Presence
It's a bit up in the air because kinblood is literally pale blood but that's the answer given by Miyazaki and fits the notes left in the game.

Gherman created a doll in the waking world modeled on his apprentice, Maria, after she left him and hunting behind.
When the Moon President elected Gherman to be it's running mate against his will, it gave him a dream-equivelant of the Hunter's Workshop, and a 'real' doll, with the voice and mannerisms of Maria, to keep his docile/obedient. Her motives are basically to assist the hunters that come to the Hunter's Dream, as they are working on behalf of the Moon President. When the Moon President gets violently impeached she still helps the Hunter I guess because that's what she was programmed to do. If she does love the player it's only because she was created to serve them and help them in any way possible, and adores them as the messengers do.

That's a fair point, I see where you're coming from.

This is the question with no answer.
We know that the Great Ones are apparently sympathetic to humans, and are unable to have their own children. Mergo is ultimately a Great One and a child, and the Moon Presence wants you to put it down. Make from that what you will.

Why is Vicar Amelia so cute?

I thought that the Moon Presence was empowering the hunters to protect humanity from the other Great Ones.

>Well, but I can totally agree that Bloodborne is an unfinished game, story-wise. But that's more or less all From games, except maybe DS3.
But 3 is even more unfinished compared to 1 and leaves a lot of huge hanging threads.

It's as good a guess as any other. I'll add that the Great Ones are described as sympathetic towards humanity, and that Moon Presence doesn't give a shit about Amygdala, which seems to be the cruelest of the Great Ones that we know about.

You tell me

Attached: Amelia.png (452x561, 353K)

The moon presence keeps the hunter's dream going after you kill Mergo, suggesting that it has another purpose as well as making you kill Mergo.

Maybe he wants to send hunters after other great ones too.

>I'll add that the Great Ones are described as sympathetic towards humanity
I always loved how BB subverted Lovecraft with this little bit.

You posted the wrong version, user.

All the Dreams/Nightmares stay around after you kill their hosts. Amygdala, Mergo, Brain of Mensis, Orphan of Kos and Moon Presence all seem to host a portion of the Sleeping realm and they all stay about after their creators die.

You just posted the wrong question. Bow down to your GMILF or fuck off.

ok that's a fair point, but if you defeat Gherman the moon presence puts you in his place, suggesting that he still needs hunters for some purpose

I realize now you mean that the Hunter's Dream stays around after Gherman 'frees' us, not after we kill MP.
Well we're not the first champion of the Moon Presence, as we see in Eileen and Djura's quips. It's assumed that MP isn't done scheming in the universe, but unless you've got any evidence that it's intentionally hunting other Great Ones, and/or that the other Great Ones are more 'evil' than it, then I see no reason to say MP wants to protect humanity from other Great Ones.

No, I will brush her long flowing fur and tell her she's a good girl. Who's a good girl? She's a good girl. Yes she is.

Attached: vicar amellia.png (1024x1805, 3.42M)

How come they are called Molotov Cocktails despite setting taking place in seemingly pre Winter War and pre 1890 (year of Vyacheslav Molotov's birth) world,
and the cocktail doesn't even follow the original recipe?

I don't think the moon presence is trying to protect humanity or anything like that, I think he's just using them for his own ends. It's probably intentional that the MP's aims are inscrutable, being a lovecraftian monster and all that

In this universe Vyacheslav Molotov was a Powder Keg

What parts of the game are a dream and what parts are reality? Why does equipement and levels carry on from one dream to another? And why does anything that happens in the game matter if most of it isn't real?

Why does any fantasy setting use languages that developed on Earth? You fucking idiot

I wonder what the lore is behind subtitles

Dreams are real

The dreams and what happens in them are still real, just think of them like pocket dimensions hosted by great ones.

It's all real, you just travel between dimensions during the Nightmare segments, Lecture Hall and Hunter's Dream segments.

I think it's possible that the MP doesn't care about Mergo, that it's just Gherman who wants you to hunt great ones and the MP only cares about it's surrogate. Just an idea.
I thought it was just another way to look at things. The best case scenario is when elder god types don't notice us.
It's all real. Yharnam's people have been dragged into a dream as if they'd been dragged into another world. Dreams are another world like they are in the works of Lovecraft.

Attached: 5d900415f14432983d3ce837babe6999.jpg (600x900, 205K)

what indicates that amy is cruelest?

my bad dude. I apologize for being a retard.

wrong
kill rom = amygdalas appear, women pregnant, etc
rom was ESSENTIAL

There are several alternatives for Molotov Cocktail.
But no, they have to use the one term with that lying commie's name. Really pisses me off.

Gherman has dialogue where he's breaking down and gibbering about how he doesn't want to be in the Hunter's Dream and wants to wake up.
People are Yharnam haven't been dragged into any dreams, the only people you find in the Sleeping world are Micolash, that performed a ritual to end up there, and a couple of random hunters.

>Rom the living condom

ayy

why did Ludwig became the most fucked up one ?

So if you don't resist at all you turn into a cute cuddly doggo?

>Gherman has dialogue where he's breaking down and gibbering
Yeah? Sauce? I've only finished it recently.
kek

Attached: 313cd6816bcf1c7022b87eaf9282808b.jpg (707x1000, 528K)

Clerics became the most foul beasts and he was their leader.

He resisted the hardest and longest. He had his sword and light things to keep him sane, but it got too much and he broke.

Yes those things happen but they're inconsequential to the goals the Moon Presence tasks you with. The Amygdalas are always there, just not visible. They also don't assist or hinder you on your mission. Arianne getting pregnant also has no effect on silencing Mergo.
Killing Rom was only as essential as killing Micolash, in that it is an obstacle.
Nobody gives a shit what you care about
It's not proof that Amygdala is evil, but here's why I believe Amygdala is the least sympathetic. We get our information on him from Patches the Spider. While Amygdala is alive, Patches (a follower of Amygdala) finds work in tricking hunters to visit Amygdala's realm, to be killed or transformed by him
"Heh heh heh heh...Oh Amygdala, oh Amygdala... Have mercy on the poor bastard...Hah hah hah!".
Amygdala then ambushes and tries to kill the player character. Every other Great One fights the player in self defence, or the defence of another. Once the player kills Amygdala, Patches rejoices to hear that Amygdala is dead and rewards the player. You could argue that Patches is always an asshole and looking out for himself but I get the impression that he works for Amygdala begrudgingly. Amygdala also has an army of lesser beings taking over parts of Yharnam, that kill indescriminately. Finally the Amygdala is the part of the brain that controls fear and our fight-or-flight response. None of this is proof that Amygdala is a cruel Great One but it's why I believe it is.

nvm I found it. This game has soul.

Whats the story behind Rom ?

Just to add a tiny bit to this, take a close look at the outside of Amygdala's arena next time you're in the Nightmare Frontier. It looks like the bottom of a rotting brain.

Thanks anyway.

Attached: 955bdaa52a0555d8e72d6aa83eadd8b7.jpg (1280x1811, 528K)

A manufactured Great One created as a bulwark to hold back the influences of the Great Ones. Her mind is infinitely vast, but completely empty, just like the arena you fight her in.
The Great Ones are dead in the waking world and can only influence people in it. Rom's infinite stupidity is essentially the opposition to say, people gaining insight and knowledge about the Great Ones and affecting the world as the Choir, Bergynwerth or the School of Mensis have.
By killing Rom you are breaking a barrier down between the dream and waking worlds, which is why so many events take place after her death. Think of it as closing your eyes and sticking your fingers in your ears and saying lalala this isn't happening in a world crafted by your beliefs

What significance does water have? They talk about it constantly in the DLC

do you agree redgaraves bullshit with bells not being big part of the lore and alternative dimensional connections.

Attached: 1567625345375.png (527x490, 151K)

Are you thinking of Dark Souls 3?
All that's said in the DLC is that Kos came from the sea, and a sin was commited at the fishing hamlet. It's also mentioned in the Loch Shield and Lake runes that
"Great volumes of water serve as a bulwark guarding sleep, and an augur of the eldritch Truth."

It was DSIII that kept fucking on about the deep

Alright got it, do we have informations about the Moon Presence and its relation with the scurge? also why did it want to exterminate every Great One

>the blood of great ones has transformative properties
>it's a shortcut for opening your mind to the hidden truths
>but forcing yourself to look with so many opened eyes has consequences
>you are balanced between two fates when you are granted eyes
>turning away, recoiling, causes you to tumble toward the beasthood
>mindless, ignorant, base, instinctual, ferocious
>turning toward, looking deeper, puts on the path to kinhood
>accepting, arcane, otherworldly, detached, obsessed
>if you can keep looking while also keeping control of yourself, you can ascend to the state of a great one

About how true is this?

Why's it called Bloodborne when you blood in the borne blood of out the blood borne?

Attached: 1483586380396.gif (124x125, 9K)

Fuck you're right, I forgot about the sloshing dudes. The DLC took place in the past and back then they thought the Great Ones resided in the sea. It was only after the fact that they realized they came from the Cosmos. The giant waterhead dudes would try and listen for the language of the Great Ones by filling their heads with water because Caryll the Runesmith described their sounds as like ripples on water.

Water is referred to as a bulwark against something in the DLC. Mutated people can hear water in their heads. It has some meaning

Although I'd love to know about the deep in DS3. Seemed cool

The Beast Scourge came about when the Healing Church infected the people of Yharnam with the Old Blood, claiming it would cure them of their ails. While this is true it also slowly transformed them into beasts. The closer the bloodmoon is (Moon Presence) to the planet, the stronger otherworldly effects were, and the quicker the transformation took place. It's believed that the Old Blood is from Oedon.

Moon Presence doesn't want to exterminate every Great One, it just wants you to silence Mergo's crying.

How did Gehrman acquire his pick up books? Why does he only have pick up books to read?

Attached: 1548675371839.jpg (2611x1958, 953K)

how much blood could a blooborne borne if a bloodborne could borne blood?

>they threw this kind of absolute nonsense into the game specifically to spite lore-swilling autists like OP
How does it feel knowing there is no central mastermind behind the souls games and the art/story direction is the same level of complexity of any other modern AAA title? They literally just instruct everyone to follow a couple basic themes per asset and they all go to town. There is no souls lore curator putting together trails of breadcrumbs and secret truths, it's literally just "Hey leave some info out of each item description, the fans will fill in the blanks."

You're right that Beasthood and Kin are two sides of the same coin. Beasthood is considered transformation by devolving while Kinhood is considered transformation by evolving.
The Bergynwerth school was commited to humanity ascending by transforming (into kin). It's leader was Provest Willem, and he believed that only by lining your brain with eyes could you evolve. Laurence, his second, was only concerned with transformation, and despite Willem's insistence against it, experimented with the Old Blood.
The Old Blood is the blood of Oedon, and while it grants power to it's user, it also slowly changes them into beasts.
Willem's changes came extremely slowly, and with few results. Even by the events of the game, the man must have been hundreds of years old, and leading the charge into ascension by Insight, but had only managed to grow a few stalks on his back. Laurence on the other hand had fully transformed into a hulking great fuck, as did his followers.
The choir on the other hand were followers of Laurence and his church, but still valued Willem and his teachings, and through horrific experimentation had managed to create a small group of 'ascended' kin, but they were of scant use, and their most successful result, the Great One Rom, was literally retarded.
Beasthood and Kinhood are two paths humanity can walk but they are mutually exclusive, and dependant on more than just your inner nature, though that plays a part in how far you might fall/ascend.

Why does it want to silence Mergo?

Because it won't shut the fuck up

yeah remember that real history of a divine dragon leaking immortality juice across the lands of nihon
sekiro wasn't as lore dense as some other games but that's not due to the setting, and personally I like that sort of half real half completely made up (not even in mythology) setting, it keeps you guessing

Imagine living in a flat and the neighbour's baby won't fucking stop screaming all night and you have a workday tomorrow.

>29
Yeah, she's a hag

The hobo was full of malice and just ended up as a talking abhorrent beast

Why snail big think?

guys please

Attached: 1567480675953.jpg (474x456, 22K)

The Mensis Brain is literally all the minds of the Mensis scholars merged into one. Summoning Mergo "Still birthed their brains". The One Reborn was their attempts at creating a physical body using the flesh from all that they kidnapped that would be able to house their ascended mind.

OP here. I went to bed but now I'm back.

What you guys should be doing is asking questions about things you -think- you understand, because a lot of the confusion comes from incomplete ideas about the basics. Nobody understands the scourge, for example.

No reason left in the game. Might have been something once but it's a mystery now. Alien god reasons I guess.

Fungo is pretty alright I'll watch him once in a while.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nj15A0g3etg

Not really, because the Mensis scholars are 1. dead and praying in front of the Mensis Brain, 2. on their way to the lever that plunges the Mensis Brain into the abyss, and 3. Micolash is still alive. It's more likely that their interaction with Mergo led to their contact with the Mensis Brain, and its gaze is what "stillbirthed" everyone, which is why it was locked away. In Japanese the word that's used for stillbirth is basically just decayed, fyi.

I like this idea and I don't fully disagree but the fact that their brains were stillborn in the Nightmare tells me they'd be about as mentally functional as the Hartley Hooligans in a new body.

OP here. It doesn't want to silence Mergo. Our goal is to end the hunt and the Moon Presence has nothing to do with that. It's the same set up as Demon's Souls.

I often wondered how Gehrman, after you finish the nightmare of Mensis, managed to reach the tree with his wheelchair. It's just not possible the normal way. Did he get up and carry it there before sitting back in just so he could wait for you and reveal his true power in a dramatic fashion in the case you refused his offer?

That's a shame, this thread started off as absolute shit but managed to gain momentum about half way through. I hope that's just a coincidence. The scourge is just the dormant effects of the beastblood that the healing church administered to the yharnamites coming into play as the moon hangs lower in the sky.

Not the guy you're responding to but their bodies are dead in the waking world, same as Micolash's. Micolash is still alive when we meet him only in the Nightmare. The school of Mensis became the motherbrain after attempting to contact Mergo, but the brain is still technically "alive" until we choose to kill it (after killing the One Reborn). Given that The One Reborn is REBORN, implying it had been born and died before, and given that we HAVE to fight the One Reborn before interacting with the motherbrain, it could well be the minds of Mensis trapped within the Nightmare being summoned to the waking world. If they became a Great One, which they did according to the Living String, their corpse in the waking world is of no consequence, and it is only their spirit in the Nightmare that sustains them.

The Doll pushes him there.
The Healing Church doesn't administer beasthood to Yharnamites, the scourge just erodes the non-bestial qualities of the people afflicted with it. Beasthood is innate in mankind. Though I think I see something you're getting at, and that's that the scourge just means "turning into a beast" which is wrong. That's what I mean when I say people don't understand the basics.

The hunt ends with the night, and the night ends when the moon disappears, and the Moon Presense is the moon. Your goal is never to end the hunt, and even if it is that requires either killing or placating the Moon Presense. This post could literally not be more wrong.

Sorry Vaati I promise to pledge $100 to your patreon tonight if you fuck off

Right, our goal is to end the night, because when you end the night you end the hunt. We silence Mergo which stops the beckoning of the moon, and after that the sun can rise. That's what the note in the Huunter's Dream refers to here: "To escape this dreadful Hunter's Dream, halt the source of the spreading scourge of beasts, lest the night carry on forever."

It seems like you're disagreeing with me but I'm not sure why, because I agree with most of what you said. I think you're taking "ending the hunt" as more permanent than I intended it?