Why did control fail?

Why did control fail?

Attached: firefox_o0imcmoBYi.png (630x310, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/borderlands-3-already-has-the-best-numbers-in-gearbox-history-says-gearbox-ceo/
pcgamer.com/far-cry-5s-week-one-sales-more-than-doubled-those-of-far-cry-4/
pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/august_2019_npd_game_sales_sink_to_20_year_low_as_control_misses_out
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1175025884056756225
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No advertising

>Source literal who
Even fucking world war z sold 2 million across all platforms

Lol. 20 mil pirate copies got downloaded

>Source: dude trust me
Not saying it didn't flop but posting a screenshot of your own tweet is not a source.

why bother advertising when papa tim paid you 10.5 million dollars?

>its real
OH NONO NO

Attached: 52DFB82B-BDE3-44EB-B60A-04E2D70E0C64.png (953x510, 244K)

>it didn't sell because of SJW shit, YAY we won
It didn't sell because its another generic game like Quantum Break that doesn't do anything different, has a MASSIVE filesize for no reason and is just bland, also no marketing. But Journalists will say it didn't sell because gamers are bigots etc.

Attached: 1529777331372.png (498x596, 655K)

actually an anonoymous source just told me that control sold over 5 million copies on epic store alone

Attached: 1281473965049.jpg (300x300, 15K)

>View Tweet activity

>A screenshot of a tweet by user with 0 replies, 0 likes and 0 retweets
Cant you fucking retards write a sentence anymore? do we really need to tweet "whats your favourite game?" screenshot it and post OH NO NO NO NO or who was in the wrong or other fucking retarded catchphrase in every OP?

it didn't even make it into top 20 on PSN during it's launch month

It was a bad game that relied on RTX gimmick.

>no source

Nice try incel

i literally have no idea what the fuck Control is but it probably failed because of trannies

Why is it problematic? Are we racists if we didnt buy it? Sexist? Transphobic? Is not buying Control indicative of being a person who commits Sexual Misconduct? Fuckers need to explain their position.

>Art Deco game is widely acclaimed and spawns a successful franchise
>Brutalist game is a flop and forgotten within the week

Absolutely based, fuck commies and fuck Le Corbusier.

>made a marketing push of allowing women first to stream the game
>game made no money
Get woke get broke

"problematic"

>Are we racists if we didnt buy it? Sexist? Transphobic? Is not buying Control indicative of being a person who commits Sexual Misconduct?
Yes to all.

I've never even heard of this game. Haven't seen any advertising for it or heard anyone even talk about it.

>But Journalists will say it didn't sell because gamers are bigots etc.
They will not say that because outside of Yea Forums no one even made a big deal out of it.

This. The game was fucking shit m8. Thats it.Stop giving retarded devs the excuse to use "muh alt-right gamers" shit.

Attached: 1565549178467.png (616x504, 487K)

Who?

epic if true

Attached: epic control.png (809x974, 700K)

Check the account name dude

>It didn't sell because its another generic game like Quantum Break that doesn't do anything different, has a MASSIVE filesize for no reason and is just bland, also no marketing. But Journalists will say it didn't sell because gamers are bigots etc.
So in other words it didn't sell because of SJW shit.

Allegedly the game was a representation of the difficulties women face in a male-dominated world. Though the female protagonist wandered into a building not even looking for a job and immediately became Director, so I'm pretty sure that was just marketing spin.

I'll grab it on steam if the hype is there when it's out

Soulless game.

>Stop giving retarded devs the excuse to use "muh alt-right gamers" shit.
Why should I?
I want SJWs to go as full retard as possible.
This is the best timeline ever. The more they slander the gayming collective the better, that translates to young generation being distanced from SJW shittery.

Well yeah, Tim already paid for my copy, why should I pay again?

Can someone actually list the "SJW" content in the game or are people just talking out of their ass?

They knew it would be a flop and got their money from Epic.

>twitter screencap
>trusting someone with a fucking boomer avatar

>sell 120k copies of a game
>this is bad
Why is it "problematic"?

i mean there's zero marketing for it, what even is it supposed to be?

I don't even know anything about this game. They failed to market it.

It's hard to buy a game when you don't even know it exists.

Can't help but feel the game could've done better if the lead was attractive, or at least visually appealing.
Not in a fanservicey kinda way, but just have a pretty face, with everything else staying the same.

>I've never even heard of this game.

Really? The diehard Xbox and Sony fanboys couldn't shut up about this game because they were sure the developer was going to be bought by Sony and what a huge win in the console war it was. Then of course this trash flopped so hard it didn't even chart at all in it's launch month.

Boring as fuck.

>sony offers marketing deal
>does not market it at all
>remedy gets hit financially
>sony offers buy out

absolutely devilish

I want a cute girl to look at me this way.

Just popping in to say I really enjoyed this image.

My sources say Control sold 23 copies and Tim himself paid developers $709 for exclusivity on their platform

Remedy is that literally who studio that has never made a single good game but a few people name and the rest of us just assume it made good games before.

Sorry but Alan Wake looks like a boring piece of shit that nobody played because nobody likes xbox here, cope.

They also got some fat stacks from an Nvidia tie in.
Man I really don't want to live in a world where a game that sells fuck all to actual people can be financially successful.

>Why did control fail?
Transexual Christoph Waltz with no personality + poor hype shilling.

Attached: 1568145390286.jpg (170x328, 19K)

Normalfags didnt know about it and people who like video games no longer buy games on launch day.

zero marketing, and i'm not terribly interested in the supernatural either

>Make fake tweet
>screen cap it
>post it on Yea Forums
Easy 400+ replies, it's the new meta.

You're very cool for not liking Max Payne.

Why would I buy an anti-white, anti-male game that says that I’m shit because I’m a white man and should be killed off?

OH NO NO NO
GET WOKE

Not that problematic when Ebin paid them 10 mil for exclusivity lol.

GET WOKE GO BROKE

I HOPE THAT THEY KILL THEMSELVES NOW, FUCKING SJW PROPAGANDISTS

Since when 34Gb became a massive filesize?

>epic store exclusivity very early on
>looked generic as shit
>no real marketing or hype
>made 10 mill from epic but that seems to never be used unless the game had an insane budget.
>generic story and not much gameplay
You tell me.

Because they keep abandoning IPs for no reason and wasting resources making entirely new games instead of fixing their gunplay. Alan Wake 2 when?

i do not play games with women progatonist

>sjw shit

Isn't it an Epic exclusive, 100% thats why it sold like shit and nothing to do with sjw. Unless you think EGS has anything to do with SJWs then youre just retarded.

Where's the exact quote saying this in the game?

>fail

they got their money from epic games.
They did great.

Attached: 1548204739875.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Just goes to show you don't really need to be good at anything except selling yourself iight.

Take your meds.

Attached: go on lad.png (674x476, 385K)

Holy shit, no wonder they went epic

Every Epic exclusive has been mediocre/unfinished. If you've got a quality product you're not going to make it an exclusive for only $10m.

>Problematic
How? The free market will regulate itself.

Hades is unironically great, but I'm still waiting until December's Steam release until I actually buy it.

> he doesn’t want to breed alpha jawed female while dominating her hard
Go play your weeb games, Incel

Attached: 0B6B9414-5F24-4D94-89D3-4395B438AFCF.jpg (206x250, 6K)

but didn't epic say sales were good?

They still got their $10 million from Epic so they should be fine.

Closest I could think of was something about the Hiss wanting to assimilate "the president" who would let them take over the US which Jesse seems extremely against, but some might read it as more of a "DRUMPF IS EVIL" thing. Also that the main leadership roles by the end are jesse and whatsherface replacing Trench and Darling. They mention that they will be better by sharing more information with the FBC and all that nice shit. Costumes are also really unsexy except for like 2 of them and that's mainly because they make Jesse's ass REALLY noticable.

THIRD PERSON SHOOTING GAME

>also no marketing

Nah, Control is better. Esp with RTX ON

>shit SCP clone
>only one gun
>boring looking enemies
>boring looking characters
>concrete walls everywhere
If you are going to make a SCP clone, at least copy the best and most interesting parts of it, and ignore the shit parts.

Attached: 1544389439715.jpg (784x640, 39K)

so you like men? ok, you do you man

It's not a man if it has a vagina.

>Laugh in 1000000 copies sold on PC alone

Attached: 49c60e151255a3bf69ff422380dedc62_original.jpg (1024x576, 261K)

> tranny loving incel telling me to fuck man
Lmao

All women look like dykes. Strong black female scientist/leaders everywhere.

>literally went to buy it after pirating it and liking it
>not on steam

gee i wonder why it sold so few copies

literally why do they do this shit blacks and women don't even play games

>Sorry but Alan Wake looks like a boring piece of shit

Woah, you didn't even play the game yet you apparently know everything about it, very cool user. Max Payne 1&2 and Alan Wake are great, go suck a bag of dicks.

>View Tweet Activity
>OP posted his own tweet
Whoops, enjoy your pizzas faggot

I mean the reason I didn't buy it was because my options were:
>epic game store
>xbone (who the fuck owns an xbone)
>ps4 (runs like absolute shit)
Honestly i thought it looked really cool and I love almost all of Remedy's games, but my best option was to pass. C'est la vie.

Attached: 1540519646904.png (565x541, 157K)

I mean I didn't get it because it looked boring, repetative & with a dull location

I didn't buy it because I'm convinced it'll come to xbox gamepass within a year of release.

For themselves of course.

Marketing budget was $5 and a year old pack of gum.

>All women look like dykes.
this and the fact that the game runs like shit on base PS4 is the reason I didn't buy it. Characters centric games NEED a strong character. They opted for a emotionless manjaw chick. Max Payne and Alan Wake had such fucking character.

>Jimmy Rustles
>boomer pfp
Newfag please.

Black's play fighting games, sports games and dude bro games. Some blacks play weeb shit.

pirated it
played a few hours and uninstalled it was so bland
mc didnt help, looking a like a prime western lacktivist

i just dont like games with boring looking woman as the protagonist
like who the heck cares? silent hill 3 had that super qt girl on the cover i instantly bought it
either these fags appeal to me or wont get my money

ugly female protagonist who dresses like a guy, story is full of sjw shit about "women strong and smart, men stupid and weak", had a sexist feminist marketing campaign which forbid men from streaming the game

Literally the only people who know how well the PC version sold are Epic and Remedy. Consider that Quantic Dream were very happy with how Heavy Rain and Beyond sold on PC, yet nobody talks about them. It's like they exist in a parallel reality.

Because its not Alan fucking Wake 2.

Why are you such a fucking snowflake

What about the fucking GAME

i can play different games that have fun gameplay too and wont call me bad because i have a dick between my legs simple as that

I havent heard anyone talk about those pc ports either, on one on Yea Forums talks about it at all, I haven't see anyone streaming the pc versions on twitch either
I'm convinced they don't exist on PC

story and character design are important aspects of game making retard.

Cope

I still don't know what this game is about after 100 posts. It never had a chance if it's this nondescript.

I canceled my steelbook preorder when the devs went full SJW.

cope about what exactly? that i didnt buy your poorly made game? yes iam coping badly

If true, wouldn't they have to sell over two million copies on their store to even break even?

Of course games flop on China Store. But devs get paid just for exclusivity.
Still waiting for Randy Pitchford numbers.

That describes this game just as well, so really, I doubt you can, because you can't escape from your own mind and its persecutory delusions

just from the name alone you can tell its about a woman who fights the evil government and men in black and shit and theres a conspiracy or something
yes i dont know anything about it either but it seems to be just that

Just pirate it

>Why are you such a fucking snowflake
calling someone a snowflake makes sense in politics, when it comes to entertainment it's all about selling you the illusion of something interesting. they failed to do that. Remedy objectively fucked up promoting their game.

Attached: y8C1Mj0.jpg (1111x1024, 140K)

>Still waiting for Randy Pitchford numbers.
he will never release them

>advance for 160k copies on an AAA title
they got boned hard

Just because Yea Forums doesn't talk about video games doesn't mean there's nothing to say

>had a sexist feminist marketing campaign which forbid men from streaming the game

Excuse me what the fuck?

> poorly made game
What part exactly? We have an expert here.

I actually liked the game

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.29 - 18.49.05.46.jpg (2560x1440, 538K)

Third person shooter with some light metroidvania elements and a story/setting heavily influenced by SCP. It's unironically a good game but I would suggest people wait until the expansion packs are out because the current version doesn't have an ending.

>Remedy objectively fucked up promoting their game.
That is not the issue being discussed here. When someone gets triggered by a game because he thinks a woman in smart casual business attire is an attack on his manhood, there is indeed an issue with his emotional fragility.

which art deco game?
Bioshock?

looks like another third person shooter thats 6-7 hours long at most
just play it once for the story and thats it
i hate games like that i need something i can replay fuck story based games i rather just watch a movie

I think it was international women's day or something right before release so they decided to send some female streamers some advance copies. Of course Yea Forums spun it as a sexist attack on men.

yeah in the name of "equality" the only gave female streamers early access to the game

Kek epic paid 8 million quid for this flop

i'm probably what you'd call an
>alt-right gamer
and i like the game (minus the shitty oppen world random mission recource grinding parts), i just didn't buy it because fuck Sweenie

It's not worth sixty bucks. The game looks nice and I definitely want it, but I don't want it for that much.

Epic didn't go for profits, they wanted another high profile AAA exclusive on their store and away from Steam

So they tricked Remedy into fucking themselves over by sticking with a hated storefront that a majority are avoiding, costing them a ton of sales they would have easily gotten on Steam.

And Epic claims they are doing devs a favor, what a joke.

>300 viewers in first month

Attached: firefox_nMPLyxoZet.png (269x191, 61K)

>buy our game you emmotionally fragile bigots
uhh no sweatie

And why do we need to get up in arms to fix it? Isn’t he allowed to just be wrong and everyone else moves on? Why do we need to have a shitfit for about every idiot with a brainlet opinion?

games cost money
iam not gonna buy something i dont even want
they can release as many games with ugly woman protags as they want i just wont buy them and buy the games that appeal to me
how hard is that to understand?

sure tranny

$0.50 has been deposited into your account

So why are you then throwing a shitfit over my opinion on his opinion?

I don't give a fuck what you do or do not buy but I think you're really pathetic for even getting triggered over nothing in the first place.

Did it really sell that much?

youre the being triggered

t.ranny

That's not being triggered though, that's just preference.

Sales have zero to do with the quality of a game anymore anyway, it's all about sheer marketing force.

>When someone gets triggered by a game because he thinks a woman in smart casual business attire
In all honesty I respect what you are trying to say BUT having seen a lot of gameplay videos I have to say that they simply failed in creating an endearing and appealing protagonist or any other character. I mean Im interested in playin kojimas game on merit of how interesting the characters look. For a story heavy game Cotrol feels bland.

i didnt buy it because some posters said its a good game and i have to always do the opposite of what Yea Forums says to be a proper contrarian.

Yeah same.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.11 - 21.16.22.14.png (1920x1080, 3.67M)

She should have been a beautiful cisgender woman with huge boobs, but they chose a tranny

Alan Wake minus horror and you throw rocks.

Even if the game weren't on EGS I still wouldn't get it because it's just so painfully mediocre looking. There's nothing about it that looks like it would get some kind of emotional response out of me, just apathy and the wish I was having fun playing something else. There's such an abundance of games that you have to do a little bit more than just looking ok to be worth someone's time now, even hot garbage games look more appealing to me because at least they'd make me feel something

I don't like ugly women on screen

> Of course Yea Forums spun it as a sexist attack on men.
Really Yea Forums spun literal discrimination into an attack on men. How?

>Consider that Quantic Dream were very happy with how Heavy Rain and Beyond sold on PC, yet nobody talks about them

Probably because it's easy to be happy when Tim Sweeney gave you a fat sack of money so you're into profit with like 30,000 copies sold

This is a screencap of a tweet from a literal nobody with a boomer avatar claiming a game bombed (that Yea Forums happens to hate) with zero evidence or track record and absolutely no likes or retweets.

People here still take it seriously despite being blatantly faked to shitpost with.

Why are twitter screencap threads not banned yet?

>That is not the issue being discussed here. When someone gets triggered by a game because he thinks a woman in smart casual business attire is an attack on his manhood, there is indeed an issue with his emotional fragility.
What's your point? where are you going with this?

Remedy's last game was shit and made me watch an awful tv show in-between levels. Why the fuck would I play their new one?

Didn't it come out around the same date as Astral Chain? That might have hurt it's sales a bit.

get woke
go broke

>girl on the run from shady government bureau goes to their HQ and winds up becoming the new director after the last one an heros
>shit's all fucked up because someone let an evil alien in that makes everyone into pissed off ghouls
>twin bro that got taken away during the incident that got them on the shitlist is corrupted by the aliens
>girl rallies up the non corrupted staff and goes to finish off aliens
>director an hero'd because aliens corrupted him
>girl's alien friend dies and was hedron the whole time
>this causes everyone to freak out and girl to think she is a bottom bitch employee
>turns out dead alien just got woke inside her and now everything's fine
>not for bro though because he's in a coma
>rest of the game is just mopping up everything you didn't do yet

Attached: what did he meant by this.jpg (594x610, 82K)

>female lead
>ugly
>no personality
>It doesnt sell

How did this happen!?!

holy shit, we got noticed by keanu boys. we're breathtaking

Remedy has 300 employees and control was in development for 5 years, so the salaries alone cost 24 million. On top of that they licenced songs etc. So we can assume the budget was at least 40 million. Control was a massive flop.

I can't fucking believe Keyanew Reevees would betray us like this.

Keanu wtf I thought we had a deal

>Journalists will say it didn't sell because gamers are bigots
Bigot these days just means you're normal.

Story is nice, but a bit too subtle for modern audiences and you have to read a lot of the available material in the game.

but I thought Epic had 100 billion users, surely more than 120k would buy it?

Attached: gold.png (600x580, 572K)

Stupid fucking title, for one.

In 2 years it'll be completely ungoogleable.

I just finished Control myself. The game definitely deserved to do better than it has.
Not only was the marketing abysmal, the trailers it did have were just absolute trash and made the game look dull with boring environments.
Also the game itself a disservice by being one of THOSE games, the kind that "get good after a few hours". So if you're not invested by the lore, you're gonna get bored really fucking fast by the cyclical Hiss fights.

Then I remember the game was bought out by Daddy Sweeny so it doesn't matter. The game profited anyway and everything's fine.

Attached: 1281340933082.png (452x710, 280K)

I think the game appeals to architect fags more than any other people. It certainly has appealing looking interiors.
But it fucking failed to invoke a sense of interest despite having stolen SCP concepts almost 1:1, which shouldn't be that hard to extract somewhat original gameplay ideas from. Instead it's just another TPS with said concepts functioning as wallpaper and the only meager amount of marketing they had done for it was highlighting that it's WOKE.

So yeah, fuck Remedy. Go bankrupt already, you're useless as shit and your games are far too bloated in size and resource-hungry for what you are getting.

Skyrim had more content and was just 6gigs

Astral Chain has women not trannies

Attached: 94591E34-A7FC-41BA-BDC3-D2D57DA86E36.jpg (850x857, 262K)

>meme developer
>SJW trash
>no advertising
>Epic store exclusive

No idea how it could've failed.

wait n my math is wrong i wrote the salary for 1 year. For 5 years its 120 million dollars. Control is a humongous flop lmao.

The manjaw on the main tranny sure wasn’t subtle

control game remedy 2019

>epic games store exclusive
I wonder why it failed.

ugly "females" do not sell

>Why did control fail?

Weak female character designs

Attached: CONTROL .png (1920x1080, 853K)

>no steam
I found your problem

>Epic Game Exclusive
>Not on Steam

Guys it didn't sell well

I wonder why....

Why does this game make Yea Forums so mad, exactly? All I've gathered from this thread is that most of you have never played it.

If you guys think she's ugly I have terrible news, she's in the 90th percentile of women as fat as attractiveness is concerned.

What did what ?

I'm loving it.

The closest thing to metroid prime since metroid prime 3.

If true, I can't say I'm that surprised although 120k is stupidly low. Likely just a lack of marketing and the few that was didn't really sell you on the game. The most I saw was the whole raytracing thing which might as well have been from a tech demo.
I think Remedy has lost a lot of faith they sold the Max Payne IP. Alan Wake was alright but still had some big issues. Quantum Break was a bore. Haven't tried Control but nothing from what I saw seemed interesting.

>generic TPS
>crafting
>leveling
>bullet sponge enemies with health bars
>checkpoint capture

It's almost like even the staunchest c*nsole cocksuckers are fed up with suitcore shit.

Attached: fucking nothing.jpg (248x252, 33K)

Was it being woke? The stock insert ugly niggress showed up for like 5min then disappeared. Nothing else really comes to mind.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.12 - 22.45.24.15.png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

>fat
How fat are we talking about

Attached: 1568717465915m.jpg (1024x601, 80K)

horrific brand name that might as well be named something like "GAME"

every person I have told about it is confused by the name

Based Ahti though. Actually Arish is a top bro too.

As a non-white trans woman, your transphobia is problematic.

they can't shut up about their MC being stronk womyn and an inspiration to the world and the universe

This is your lead character.
No amount of advertising would save it

Attached: controlps4.jpg (480x600, 55K)

Terrible title
Also this

>problomatic

that's a weird way of saying "a fucking failure."

What's the context of that scene?

Attached: 502.jpg (1024x768, 233K)

And?

female lead

>pic

lol sounds like my time in classic wow the past month am i right fellas

I think the user was thinking of when only female streamers were given early access codes or something of the sort.

This

Maybe I haven’t made myself clear: you WILL give me hot cis women with big sexy boobs, or no buy

Kill yourself, tranny.

Is gunplay as horrible as it looks? One fucking peashooter. At least in QB the shotty was pretty fun. Another issue is that the theme is not interesting to me, but that's a matter of preference purely.

Attached: 1552070442926.jpg (501x434, 61K)

No the game was just shit so it didn't sell

Attached: edge.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

suck my cock, dude.

Put as many trannies in games as you want, but you better hope each tranny in the audience buys 100 copies because I only pay for hot chicks

Trannies and anti-white message.

>Allegedly the game was a representation of the difficulties women face in a male-dominated world. Though the female protagonist wandered into a building not even looking for a job and immediately became Director, so I'm pretty sure that was just marketing spin.
top kek

It didn't have a battle royale mode.

You mean you didn't glean any information about the game's quality from OH NO NONONO HOW WILL REMEDY EVER RECOVER LITERAL SJW SHIT BASED CRINGE BASEDY BASEDY CRINGE CRINGE BASEDY BASEDY CRING CRINGE HOW DO YOU DO?

Xchad here
Us xbros didnt care about it because it lauched almost the same day as Gears 5

the real reason is the EGS exclusivity and everything else is memes

>Stealing SCP concepts
>Stealing concepts from a nebulous collection of anonymous users who stole most of their ideas anyway
What did he mean by this?

>Gearth xer 5th XD

My guess would be the absolute lack of advertisements. I knew that Remedy were working on a new game, but I only heard of its release date a week before it came out.

Maybe Sam Lake is actually trying to send a message about that.

>being shown in E3 is lack of advertisement
what the fuck bro?

Women have trouble. Trannies get hired easily because it’s a male brain that you can count as a woman for compliance purposes

trannies, SJWs, get woke go broke, EGS.
Basically nothing at all to do with its merits as a game.
This thread fucking started with a tweet from what is almost certainly OP himself that no one paid attention to but he knew he could shitpost it here and get it guaranteed replies.

Most people only tend to remember some highlights from E3, not every game. Stuff like Cyberpunk pretty much steals all the attention.

>Game was literally overshilled by journos
>"No advertising"

Dudes infected with some extra-dimensional entity that gives him visions. Many 4th wall brakes due to that.

They basically pretend it doesn't exist even though it's obvious it's their main source to draw from for their story and le spooky concepts.

For people who played it, is the story good and is the gameplay good? I like Sam Lake's writing but he kinda seems to be losing it. Gameplay looks really dull.

Attached: 2204269-Max-Paynes-face.jpg (431x557, 16K)

>games being bland and uninteresting is now "SJW shit"
2014 was 5 years ago

I still can't believe a game like Fortnite gave Epic enough money to fuck around like this.

Examples?

>Across all platforms
If anything this is going to further make the developers rely on Uncle Tom's money.

The game play is smooth, being able to grab nearly everything is fun
The lore and how it's told is interesting
The constant inner monologues might be jarring to some, but I have no problem with it

>2014 was 5 years ago
Have we seriously been living in this hell for that long?

I'm more surprised how they've actually managed to keep their playerbase up. Most of these games lose a large chunk of their numbers within the year.

Gameplay is amazing, a lot of environment destruction, you feel like neo in matrix throwing shit at enemies
the setting is what is shit,bazinga tier shit about cyber ghosts

Really? I remember them constantly yammering on about her being director which is huge deal in that universe, but shes not the first nor the last.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.09.13 - 23.46.44.61.png (1920x1080, 3.89M)

Nobody plays single player games anymore unless it's part of an already established franchise
And even then that's iffy

starts out really dull, gets better, atmosphere is great, story gives promise, but ending is ok

i rarely tolerate modern garbage games more than 30 minutes, but this one got me to credits so it's a good game by my standards

Looks like a cool game, watching my friend stream it on evenings. The powers are pretty cool, and the anomalous objects give it an SCP feeling.

Progress thus far is he's gotten to the research sector, and the head of security is a bit odd, pointing out the obvious parts of the puzzle, and is giving us strong vibes of Preston Garvey.

We do joke that the MC is akin to John Cena. That is an incredibly strong jaw that they have.

I'll probably buy it when it goes on offer. With that filesize, it's hard to justify, and it doesn't seem to be on steam.

Alan wake is pretty boring, user
source: finished the game, got really bored of the same three enemies after hour two

I'll give it a try when it comes to Steam then. Thanks.

Attached: PxBsaP9.jpg (311x501, 83K)

The game did have very poor marketing as well. Politics aside, only giving female streamers early access codes was a dumb idea. They would have gotten way more attention if they gave the codes to all the big streamers

You get the generic weapons pack but the pistol might be best one, but yes the shooting is pretty crap, but the fights are awesome many destructible shit flying around. Your main weapon being flinging shit at people. The gun is a ..sidearm

I really enjoy control a lot but if it did fail it was because of zero marketing.

>an established dev makes a game with a minority lead
>they make them boring as fuck and people give them less money
>dev goes back to dark haired white male protags they know how to write
Why is this such a recurring pattern?

Who reads shit spouted by journalists nowadays?
We are talking about real marketing, ads on websites and paid shill youtubers

GAMe looked kind of boring desu. The main character was very unappealing also. Plus i hate minimalist, futuristic aesthetics but that probably just me. I like clutter and detail

extremely legit source

Attached: twii.jpg (777x264, 21K)

Faggot.
Play a game that isn't a J'RPG' for once in your life.

Because people dont know how to make female leads
>Male lead is a strong Man veteran of countless wars or a charismatic detective with a dark past.
>Female lead is your average west coast 24 year old woman or a female power fantasy like ellen page games

apparently the spanish dub is 4kids level of disaster

>futuristic aesthetics
It's brutalistic

>tfw never heard of Control up till 5 minutes ago

Attached: 1520630716356.png (670x499, 111K)

Based and probably true

Who was the game made for?
- Mature Rated game
- The woke crowd didn't buy
- Lead character isnt pretty
- No memes for the casual twitter crowd
- not a competitive game

But it’s set in the future and brutalism is pretty futuristic looking. It’s what all games/films/shows set in a bleak futuristic setting look like

Literally none of those matter.
What matters is writing of characters, the gameplay, it running poorly, marketing, linear single player game with short main quest line.

I'd say a niche audience but it's way too expensive for that

>make a SCP ripoff
>copy the tranny parts, but replace the actual meat and intrigue with boring mooks

Yep, in the leak, it is estimated that Bloodstained is 505 most profitable game yet this year, more than Control even accounting for the Epic fund

They basically want to make SP games like they used to, but design wise they have not grown at all so instead of working to fix those shortcomings, they put all their effort and hopes into visuals and contemporary fad shit like PC culture in a misguided attempt to make it sell.

gamesradar.com/borderlands-3-already-has-the-best-numbers-in-gearbox-history-says-gearbox-ceo/

so it's an SCP-like game?
you should all do yourself a favor and try SCP Containment Breach instead of this shit

I liked it but I have to agree. The game had some nice writing, cool ideas, fantastic atmosphere which was unfortunately interrupted with those terrible slowmo intro whenever an enemy was nearby. Why not just let the enemies show up without wrangling the camera around.
Combat could actually be pretty fun and chaotic when you were going against a horde though.

5 more years of Bloodstained confirm for good or ill

?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 10.06.20 AM.png (936x402, 51K)

they do think that discrimination based on female jaw size is bigoted

Because you cannot write a flawed female character without these drooling mongoloid "journalists" acting as if it represents all women. And if you cannot have a character with flaws, you're left with a boring unrealistic mary sue who somehow does everything right and makes no mistakes.
>can't make her too angry/violent, otherwise you're insinuating all women are bitches/pyschos
>can't have her be lewd because then you're suggesting all women are easy whores
>can't have her be dumb and have a drinking problem, or you're implying women are stupid and depend on wine after a long day
The thing is that you simply cannot write a "good" female lead without the left fucking hating it and claiming you're a sexist. But if you write a lead that they like, they'll praise it, but they won't buy the game, and your core audience won't buy the game either because your lead character is a boring mary sue who almost no one alive can relate to

>"Why didnt my boring white lady game sell?"

it is a mystery

we're talking about the anton corbijn movie about joy division user, geez read the thread before you come in posting retardet nonsense

I'm happy we have Japan to save us from this at least

Attached: 1562253315871.jpg (1200x926, 689K)

>The thing is that you simply cannot write a "good" female lead without the left fucking hating it and claiming you're a sexist.
So they hate normal women lmao

I sure hope you fucking niggers didn't actually buy the game.

Attached: 1530143067831s.jpg (249x249, 8K)

I didn’t know this gam existed until weeks after it was out, and I played every Remedy game before this.

They are breathing hypocrisy like it were spice. What did you expect?

I didn't play the game, but it definitely had a pathetic and ironically sexist marketing campaign where they only gave female youtubers and steamers early access to the game to "celebrate" their "bravery" for developing a game with a female protagonist. Because no one else would ever do that.

And thank god for the most part Japan doesn't listen to the retarded puritans on the left. I hope they find their balls and start telling Sony (commiefornia) to fuck off with the censorship though

Yes remedy, very brave, very brave indeed.
HOWEVER.

Attached: 1568651703088.jpg (474x474, 41K)

The gameplay is pretty fun. It's not extremely deep, but once you unlock a few powers it's kind of fun to float and telekinetically slam things into enemies. Weapons are OK-ish, they're nothing special and not especially satisfying to shoot or use and they don't really have any especially imaginative mechanics. They're all basically standard archetypes: pistol, shotgun, low-precision SMG, sniper and a rocket launcher. It's decent enough when you mix powers with the guns, but nothing extremely good.

The story in and of itself, like the actual narrative, isn't anything special either, it's fine. Where the game really shines is in its world building and detail. There are a lot of little things to pick up on and a lot of connections you could make. If you like this sort of story about the paranormal, the game does a good job to set up an atmosphere of mystery to make you curious, though it felt to me like it had more of an impact early on and as you progress through the game, especially in its middle parts, it didn't really quite manage to escalate things in order to keep up with the intrigue.

The graphics with RTX are very pretty, but the performance demands are incredibly high. I finished the game, I'd say it's overall a 7/10 or something like that, maybe 8 if you want to be very generous or a 6 if you want to be strict. I pirated it, it's not worth the full asking price I think and it's not worth a single cent on EGS. They have some story DLCs lined up, maybe if it comes to Steam with those bundled in AND with a 25-50% discount it would be worth paying for.

i liked this game quite a bit.

I bought my HOODLUM copy.

Attached: 1541953186296.jpg (565x458, 58K)

That's just operating costs. It isn't just Control, their other games still sell too. Where did you get the 5 years of development? They've released QB in spring of 2016 so I assumed Control started development then.

no, epic takes all the revenue from sales until you start selling more than they guaranteed. 10,5 mill divided by $60 is 175k copies. Even if half the sales were on pc it would mean epic is still 6,9 mill in the red from control. Probably more since they have to pay taxes on those units sold but that's too much math for me.

Go to your court building and it looks the same

What other games? Alan wake is ancient doubt anyone buys it nowadays. And quantum break was a dumpster fire.

AA content and muh womyn

It's needs a less boring name and box art. This doesn't scream, pre-order me. It screams early access.

Attached: Control-PS4.jpg (360x450, 40K)

>only one gun
>still limits you to 2 gun forms

Attached: 1523617993696.png (400x462, 197K)

It's not really design if you just mocap somebody weairing normal clothing though is it?

because it sucks and it's on epic gay store

I've played it for an hour or 2, it's kinda boring and runs like shit on my potato. No motivation to play it further.

Maybe Control 2: More Control will be a hit.

>MATURE GAME BAD!!!

Must be sad being a social terrorists, always preparing yourself when your favorite political messagges in various mediums are reveleaded for the trash they are, and trying to rationalize it any time so that it's not your fault. You can be free from this, get out of the cult and start enjoying life. Hell even games.

It's just not a good game.

Repetitive combat and monotonous setting.

>- Mature Rated game
>- No memes for the casual twitter crowd
>- not a competitive game
there was a time when games like these were standard user

fucking zoomers i swear

the gameplay is mediocre at best. The enemy variety is low, you have a morphing gun and you're still forced to only use 2 forms or menu hop, the telekinesis power is ez mode, you have crafting for no fucking reason, the talent tree is mostly +X% buffs to health/damage

It was too smart for a dumb audience

Oh noooo. If the journalist use the AR word they win the epik fight! Y'all need to behave!!!

Bayonetta, Tomb Raider, NiER Automata - all games with female leads. Stop blaming womyn, sexist pig.

combat is good. not every enemy is as simple as throwing a desk and then shoot.

nothing that is really strategic, but enough to keep you on your toes. its at lest somewhat dishonest to say its repetitive

the setting is surprisingly fleshed out

saying that the setting is monotonous is the same as saying the setting of DMC1 or Resident Evil is monotonous

Yeah, I never heard about this game before

The difference is those games weren't afraid to make the female lead attractive and show skin

All hot women not tranny uggos

Why would I buy something Tim already bought for me?

The main problem lies that we've been playing this game for almost, if not more than two decades and it's literally nothing else than another bore of an iteration of it.

This guy is correct. Galbrush paradox is a well-known thing.

Attached: 1459224942324.png (799x708, 619K)

and none of them look like nazi trannies

They should have called it Ultracontrol. Or Magic Blast Woman.

Attached: Ultracore.png (400x397, 208K)

well shit its ok for me to put it on the list now then?
SJW GAMES THAT BOMBED:
>BattleFieldV
>Mirrors Edge Catalyst
>Wolfenstein 2
>Wolfenstein young lesbians
>Anthem
>Mafia 3
>Watch Dogs 2
>Mass Effect Andromeda
>Lawbreakers
>Sunset
>Revolution 60
>Depression quest
>far cry rage 2
>life is strange 2
>battleborn
>Pillars of Eternity 2
>Dishonored 2
>Control - needs confirmation

SJW GAMES THAT SOLD WELL
>Mortal kombat 11

>ANTI SJW GAMES THAT SOLD WELL
Tekken 7
Soul Calibur 6
Kingdom come deliverance
Rinworld
Postal 2
>Far cry 5 ??? "needs confirmation"
>soon Doom Ethernal

>advertise your SPC game with an ugly female heroine in bland grey corridors with PS2-era telekinesis powers as your draw

It doesn't take a marketing genius to work it out.

>The main problem lies that we've been playing this game for almost, if not more than two decades and it's literally nothing else than another bore of an iteration of it.
is this really a complaint?
what does it really mean to "reinvent the wheel"
its a 3rd person shooter, its of its genre.
like what do you really want

like "oh no, not another game where i jump on enemies! i hate mario!"

This is not inventing another wheel. This is more like every car is the fucking same. And yes, I do consider that a valid complaint.

Take some god damn initiative.

there was advertising. it was just trash. game seems to have some cool stuff story wise but all they advertised were the physics and the shit gameplay

- fag here. The point was that Remedy were sexist by focusing on it being a game with a female lead. It's like a circus. "wow look at this! It's A WOMAN PROTAGONIST! IN A VIDEO GAME!" and ended it on that. Amazing

Add Nier: Automata to that list

Attached: 2B.jpg (2123x1170, 432K)

The game wasn't sjw, deliberately giving only female streamers early copies was

but can it realy be considered anti sjw just by having the most delicious ass ever put to videogames?

It looked like a neat SCP-ish game, would have liked to get it, but
>Epic Games Store

american gaming "journalists" are irrelevants to the grand scheme, but Yea Forums thinks they are a huge deal. The FIFA/CoD consumers are the groups they should fear

trans protagonist

That cover art + title was never going to grab anyone's attention

i know its not inventing another wheel, i'm asking what it really means. like you say its the same as other games of its genre, well no shit.
also how many 3rd person shooters are metroidvania and have a similar setting

People who play Devil May Cry aren't going to keep playing DMC3 every time they want a stylish action game.
why should people keep playing Max Payne every time they want an action game

like what do you really want out of a game if you are only a fan of games in general and not interested in exploring a genre

FC5 did very well

pcgamer.com/far-cry-5s-week-one-sales-more-than-doubled-those-of-far-cry-4/

I think it looks great but I heard it runs pretty poorly on PS4.

this desu
I still don't know what it is

I fucking hate the boring "main character is the entire cover art and nothing else" boxarts. Fucking hell, look at Cyberpunk, it's a person with a gun, that says nothing about the game besides his Samurai-brand jacket.

Ugly protagonist.
All the advertising for the game did was show off some shitty physics stuff that people already messed around with in HL2.
Also, EGS exclusive means plenty of people just won't buy the game in question.
Games not selling at least in part due to Socjus bullshit is a good thing, user, the more this happens the sooner gaming companies stop trying to appeal to SJW faggots.

>i'm asking what it really means.
Sometimes games are so incredibly derivative that they shatter suspension of belief. It means people are looking at it and thinking, 'yeah I'm done with this shit'. And that, among other things, is the reason why it's not selling.

Remedy hasn't made a good game in 15 years. Alan Wake fags can fuck off, and Quantum Break was a shit tv show belonging on Syfy.

cyberpunk your character is user created

He's full of shit. Control doesn't have no anti-male nor anti-white messages. I don't know why people like him are making shit up like this. It's like Yea Forums decided to absolutely destroy the game because it's an epic store exclusive.

>japs
>ever creating a good female character
I normally don't like anime but I really liked Death Note, but jesus fucking Christ every single woman in that series was cringe as fuck. Japs infantilezes women to great extend and gives you these cringy weeb women that really should only exist in porn.

Max Payne and Alan Wake were good titles.

>AAA game with ugly tranny protag bombs
>japanese games with no budget but cute girls in sexy costumes literally sell millions

will western developers ever learn?

Not that, I mean the box art. It doesn't sell the game at all.

>I normally don't like anime but I really liked Death Note, but jesus fucking Christ every single woman in that series was cringe as fuck
Death Note is literally a fujo franchise, the women are made to be dumb so they don't take focus away from the men.

>Death Note
get back to facebook, normalfaggot

well you'll be missing out
pirate it
but when you have a more open mindset

Dont hire western artists to design your characters

Attached: 3f547b758806f8d901a00120d9253506.png (880x693, 381K)

Games like this need like 2 million to break even, we should see layoffs at Remedy soon but I'm not crying about it

Attached: DXxJ2SoXUAAX-vx[1].jpg (1200x934, 293K)

>White women
>Minority

a white man on a box
how will it not

4 minutes in paint
Maybe someone hates it but I think it's already was better

Attached: cyberpunk2077.jpg (1496x1848, 651K)

>this series that intentionally makes all the women stupid had badly written women
It's literally a plot point that Misa is basically a high functioning retard and that lights other love interest is completely blinded by how much she loves him to the point of being a puppet.
The only decently written female was Ray Penbers wife and that's because she was very cautious and smart, making Light put in some real work to get her real name

no thanks, even good old fashioned fapping is making better use of my time and bandwith

Oh lol someone already made this after I searched a sec ago

Attached: 20222bc4cc54f028d64012108cac0dfd.jpg (550x686, 64K)

Based Japs dabbing on shitty western devs

Attached: smug.png (487x476, 178K)

What is Control and why is it ptoblematic?

Attached: 2c3.png (1440x1476, 265K)

whatever fries your dopamines

girl in the flippers and sweater is cute!

astral chain is pretty ugly dude

>Why did Control Fail?
>Why did Borderlands Fail?
>Why did Mario Fail?
>Why did entertainment fail?
>Why did humans fail?
>Why fail?
>Fail
>Fail
>Fail
>Fail

This is how every kind of thread reads to me

>cover has character smoking
Is this real?

Yea Forums will start playing games they like instead of making threads about ones they don't like and haven't played.

Any day now...

never ever dude
no one even likes playing video games anymore
they prefer monetization machines that are designed to make them happy instantly

Nigger Control isn't even much of a mainstream game, Remedy is a niche company and SCP is a niche genre. It was already going to be a smaller profile game even before the publisher started the feminist advertising campaign and the EGS controversy which both would have affected a small fanbase for a niche game. Big name franchises like Pokemon can get away with big controversy because even if several million boycott the game, it sells millions upon millions anyway so it can get away with it. This was a niche game that got a ton of negative press.

>game is likely to be full of killing, sex, drugs, human trafficking, all sorts of crimes and vices
>IS THAT TEH MAIN CHARACTER PULLING A SMOKE???

burger detected

As someone who actually played it till chapter 7 I can tell you it has many reasons.
The protagonist looks fucking dead most of the time, she sometimes even looked cross-eyed. The fucking same concrete environment all the time, same enemies for most of the game, a story that is just plain boring except when you reach chapter 6 but even then it's only interesting for 10 minutes and only if you read the files you find (which understandably only few people do). Gameplay is fundamentally fine, throwing rocks, using rocks as shield, a gun that can turn into different forms but it gets boring really fast.
Control isn't really bad but it gives no reason to the player to actually play it. If you want interesting exploration with some mystery get Prey, that is an actually fun game, Control isn't at least it isn't till chapter 7.

western AAA games need the guys who make the trailers for Kingdom Hearts and Death Stranding

Finally someone who has actually played the game in here.

>Wojacknigger pfp
How much do you want to bet that OP just posted his own Twitter

only other journalists care about faggot journalists

>sjw shit
Where?

i can't find this game on steam anywhere.

I like this one an user made when that terrible bright yellow cover was first announced.

Attached: 1560240435212.png (1000x1397, 1.17M)

was quantum break any good?
also wtf happened with remedy?

>all these empowered women
damn

Skyrim uses the same textures all over the game.

did it make profit?
yes or not?
thats all that should fucking matters to you IF you are a fucking shill . fucking piece of shit

If I wanted to watch a woman throw shit around I would just piss my girlfriend off.

>the game does a good job to set up an atmosphere
sorry user but the only thing that matters in game is the flow of gameplay

Yeah exactly. I liked mario when I was 5 and I played it for a first time, then maybe a few more times when they improved it. If you still play mario you have to be extremely autistic or a kid who plays mario for the first time.

Good to know. I'll pirate it in a few months, when I have nothing to play, or buy it at -25% or more, if they put it on GOG or Steam before then.

I disagree, there are multiple aspects of video games which can be enjoyed and there have been for decades. If you truly believe that you just have very restrictive taste, which is fine, play whatever you want since there are 10s of thousands of games out there to choose from.

i didn't see anything on tv and i dont read the opinions of a game journalist on the sites. the thing closest to game news i get is v posts and inside gaming on yt.

to put this in perspective, theres thousands like me and so it'll sell like shit

Wait, this was a game? I thought it was an RTX tech demo.

Yeah, i wonder who can be behind this

Attached: csgolotto-site.jpg (1898x928, 655K)

that's a lot of copies

>literally the only marketing this game had was to promote “women only” streamers on Twitch
Yeah, no anti-male sentiments here!

>It didn't sell because its another generic game like Quantum Break that doesn't do anything different
That is the vast majority SJW game though.
Do you think BF5, Mafia 3, ect. would be unique without the sjw shit?

>its twitter screen cap thread
>Yea Forums literally let this faggot hit 400 replies
holy fuck this site is dead.

oh i saw it advertised
just always advertised as "look at these graphical features it has that your graphics card doesn't support". i have no idea what the gameplay is, the story, or anything. just "muh RTX"

Steam release is in a year, I don't think GOG is planned at all, so you probably won't find a place to buy it from only in a few months.

Did they really do that? That's so horrendously retarded. I didn't even know they were promoting the game that way at all, despite knowing that it existed. That's unbelievably stupid.

It's time to cancel Mr. Reeves.

A bot that runs some google image to text algorithm to see if theres an @/tweet words in an image and then quote the amount of replies the thread has and includes a nonsensical statement?
Prob some russian government agency behind it to farm interactions.

Advertising wasn't great and it any advertisement solely pertained to the PS4, so a lot of Xbox users were probably oblivious to it. Also reviews dropped the same day as Astral Chain, with Astral Chain getting better scores.

>Jimmy Rustles
>Wojak
Epic store bros it's fucking over, JIMMY RUSTLES himself said that the game flopped, we wasted all our money.....

Because you're all idiots. So afraid of the EGS bogeyman you didn't play one of the best games of the year.

what are you even talking about you stupid faggot? what is the point of a twitter screencap thread if not to shill for the user involved in it you dumb nigger?
>controls sales are problematic says some random faggot on twitter with absolutely no source at all
kill yourself.

A typical russian response, look at how pathetic english speaking skills those minimum wage employees have.

You are all retards, Remedy doesn't need to make any money, it's a pet project of Microsoft who are stupidly rich.
Remedy can do whatever they want and they don't need to cater to you.

I hope they go fucking bankrupt

there was a "post hidden gems" thread yesterday that died at 44 replies. it was the only good Yea Forums thread i've seen in years.

i don't know why i spend 24/7 in this dead pile of fucking aids.

>a third person shooter with an ugly female lead
is the best the western game industry can produce
pretty sad

>Russian bot actually accuses other posters of being Russian when twitter faggots are called out
Very impressive stuff.

wtf I didn't say that

This is a post from someone who doesn't even play video games

To be fair user, he needs to write the sentence on order to tweet it.

Or at least give perma unlocks for side objectives or whatever. Uncharted had unlocks for finding collectibles.

>empty trash game without a good story and gameplay only for rtx trash show off
>it's shit
WOOOOOW

quoted the wrong postAnyways i'm currently playing Jeanne D' Arc
and after getting burnout form FE is a pretty good game in the genre.

This is also literally me and while I knew this game existed I saw no advertising or even getting pushed recommendations for anything related to it on YouTube like a review or anything and so I’m not going out of my way to look into a game that is undoubtedly going to flop

cope

>Allegedly the game was a representation of the difficulties women face in a male-dominated world.
Sounds like an incredibly fun game. I can't believe it didn't do well.

So smart game development

the industry has entered a never-ending loop of shyster companies using politics as marketing and a bunch of alpha-larping manginas crying about it, thus amplifying the marketing

fucking play video games
fucking talk about video games
fucking make video games
fuck this nonsense

We should petition Hiro to make a video game board

They allowed women streamers early exclusivity?! Haha what a fucking retarded idea, literally looking st pure metrics for who the top streamers are you’d realise why this is a fucking awful idea, what kind of shit woke marketing is this

Is the game any good? I might get it once the price plummets.

user the early mario games were pretty different from each other
>SMB
>SMB 2 had veggies and hearts
>SMB 3 had transformations and an open map, as well as refined movement
>SMW had the above but doubled down, had Yoshi, coop play, and more secret exits
>Yoshi's island had an entirely new premise and character

Every game played markedly different, and even into the 3D games mario games are pretty different (Mario 64 vs Sunshine vs Galaxy vs Odyssey)

I feel for you bro, it's absolute cancer. Yea Forums is in the worst state I've ever seen in it and mods don't give a shit. If I were you I'd try to find a smaller community to talk about games, I'd post the one I'm in here but I don't want to ruin it because these faggots would flood in.

you forgot Gone Homo

kek

I don't want to play as a girl sorry. They should have made it about Max Payne, then I would have definitely bought it.

This, all I know is it looks like a generic 3rd person shooter and some people are praising its story I guess.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/09/august_2019_npd_game_sales_sink_to_20_year_low_as_control_misses_out

Control doesn't make top 20 games of the month including digital and physical across all platforms. Astral Chain makes the 10 spot after only being out for 2 days, only available on Switch and it doesn't include digital sales.

>Have game with female characters
>Can choose to design the females anyway you want but keep in mind Games are business and are supposed to sell
>More attractive character designs don't cost more to produce than ugly ones
>Choose ugly female designs that dont sell

get woke

Attached: design.png (1381x1014, 487K)

another quality false-flag by our resident transvestites

It has a bad title that makes it sound like an indie game.

FUCK OFF ROASTIE

Why is Mass Effect Andromeda on the list but not the other titles (especially 3)? The bullshit about the Genophage being morally wrong is pretty SJW.

reminds me of alton brown

yeah i bet you refuse to play tomb raider and NOLF etc faggot

see twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1175025884056756225

Thats the worst part. The game wasn't even bad. Tehcnically it was amazing, gameplay was fast and tight. Story left something to be desired I guess.

I've never heard of this game until today.

Which art deco game dude
I fucking love art deco

it came out? lol

>advance of ~20-30% game development costs

Not the worst deal they could have made, especially with how poorly every single one of their other games have sold.

hopefully i will be able to get it with dlc for 20$ on psn during christmas

I liked control. It's lore is pretty good. And Doctor Darling is fucking based.

>problematic
I hate that fucking word so goddamn much

>problematic

That's why.

based Tim paying for my copy and keeping Remedy from going bankrupt

FUCK YOu

>every single thread is derailed multiple times by permavirgins whining about the MC and her looks
>"I would never buy this game if I can't jack off to it"
>it doesn't sell
>welp, it must be because the gameplay I didn't play was bad lol
you faggots flip flop so much it could become the next dance craze

I played for an hour it was quite boring desu. Combat is the definition of 'meh', trash performance, the letters you can read don't make much sense so they arent interesting either. I got better shit to play.

see:
It's a solid 7.5 game and a return to form for Remedy after Quanmtum Break. Just get the steam version a year later if you liked it. Or not.

>Yea Forums is one person

This isn't tranny-era my dude, where everyone is expect to ''fall in line''. Maybe you should fuck off back to that place.

Why has Remedy moved away from making their games heavily themed around a specific atmosphere? The noir setting of Max Payne and the Stephen King/Twin Peaks of Alan Wake are what makes those games memorable, but Quantum Break and Control (at least from their marketing) seemed like the most generic, most gunmetal gray, vaguely science-fiction-y settings that just scream "2010's VIDEO GAME"

Attached: 1510543622512.jpg (640x614, 40K)

There is no "woke" shit in the game, you just want to see it everywhere because the protagonist is a woman.

gameplay was very meh for me

Attached: 33663636336.jpg (2560x1440, 715K)

Unappealing protagonist. Unironically. I didn't buy it because not a single thing about the protagonist was appealing to me in any way at all. Looked like the ultimate generic mediocre character.

Game "journalists" are the last place anyone goes for news about vidya. Even FIFA and CoD players know they're full of shit.

I will never understand this shit, nobody wants to be forced to play as an ugly character. Making mutant retard babies in games with character creators is fun and funny but when there's a set main character there's zero reason to make them this fucking hideous

Attached: 4414141.jpg (2560x1440, 421K)

Store exclusivity isn't a first for Remedy since Quantum Break was a w10 microsoft store exclusive. I guess they thought they could pull it off again but this time get some dough from Epic in the process.

Attached: 41414114555.jpg (2560x1440, 328K)

>another tweet

Never played Quantum Break, but Control is very strongly themed. It's basically a highly secretive US 3-letter agency which deals with containing and researching paranormal shit. It's basically the SCP Foundation but not as extreme and with a very strong "US government agency" tilt to it.

The other games mostly just had token blacks and gays and it was never really spotlighted, in Andromeda nearly every human character is a mixed race lgbt person and a bunch of the aliens are gay too and the game refuses to stop reminding you that everyone is gay or trans

Attached: 7477447.jpg (2560x1440, 828K)

Making your protagonist look like an ugly man and calling her strong and empowered is woke shit. That said, that's not the reason why it's ignored. Borderlands is filled to the brim with political garbage and it's selling just fine. Control is a boring game all the way through.

I can't tell if you people are just shitposting or mean this anymore.

>no option for aim toggling on pc
>stuck with shitty console hold to aim
Glad it flopped. Fuck remedy.

Me too. Gameplay was great, story was decent (except for the ending wtf), and exploring the FBC was a lot of fun for me.

lmao fuck Epic.

Attached: 886686.jpg (2560x1440, 686K)

It says a lot about the marketing I didn't even realize that it was supposed to be SCP: The Game until I off-handedly watched a Zero Punctuation review about it.

They literally made female only preview streams and advertised that on twitter. Move your tranny ass back to resetera and dilate.

Gamers arent even the customers anymore. We're the cattle to be milked for the actual customers which are shareholders.

Post a single instance of Jesse being characterized as "strong and empowered". Again, you are filling in the planks with shit just to support your narrative that somehow justifies your outrage. Pathetic.

What you meant to say is that Bioware turning SJW was 9 years ago, and every game they released since their substitution of proved original talents who made the brand successful with bland SJW replacements, has been increasingly bland, generic, and horrible, just like this shitpile here which was glorified as a muh womyn empowermunt DURRRRRRRR game.

I only really found out about this game because it was posted on Yea Forums, I don't even know what sort of marketing this even had. Unless those Yea Forums posts before release were the actual marketing.

Wouldn't say they have. This is in the same universe as Alan Wake and they are related.

There was SJW media marketing for the game trying to paint it as the Captain Marvel of video games pushing new grounds with a female protagonist durrr hurrrr duuuuurrrrr

AAAAAH IM COOOMING

>iamverysmart

How thick are you?

Go check out the dev diaries. It's like they're talking about Rey in nu-wars.

It took me until last week to learn that this game is a tps with psychic shenanigans set in the (NOT)SCP universe. All that sounds great, so why didn't anyone tell us?

Also the game is probably melting most mid-range rigs.

Holy shit is anything in this game not a dark blocky corridor?

No, you made a claim and now you need to back it up. It's up to you to provide proof.

i have never heard of this game until this very thread

Way to out yourself as a newfag.

Nobody fucking knew about it and it got average reviews. What do you expect? Even bad advertising is better than no advertising. And launching near the end of the year is asking for death unless you're a huge franchise.

I'm not obligated to spoonfeed you, sweetie. I pointed you where to look, now fuck off and soak up the shit.

so the coomer meme at this point on Yea Forums is just being used to shame people who want games that appeal to men?

So you're talking out of your ass, got it.

Attached: 474747474747.jpg (2560x1440, 535K)

I saw a clip on Yea Forums and it looked like Psiops 2. I was pleasantly surprised by SCP the game stuff

>It took me until last week to learn that this game is a tps
This was actually my issue with it. They have this interesting premise and they just make it a shooter even though the player has telekinesis. God forbid we make an original game based around gameplay that hasn't been done 5 million times. I agree though, I didn't find out about the setting until after it came out and I read some reviews even though I had watched trailers for the game. The general consensus in this thread seems to be they did a terrible job advertising.

What's scp

>Why did control fail?
>Why the sequel of a mediocre game(Alan Wake) is a mediocre game?
I wonder.

hey look I was right

Attached: 868668433.jpg (2560x1440, 725K)

Suck Cock Pussy

It failed because retarded westcuck Feminists ruined female protagonists for me and I don't give a shit about anything with a female protagonist anymore.

Attached: 1567444546617.png (565x569, 278K)

what a load

Attached: 522252552.jpg (2560x1440, 485K)

For a moment I thought this one shot was official art.

Attached: 25255225.jpg (2560x1440, 510K)

If you haven't played control you should, it's great, I'm not gonna tell you to buy it though, I got it with my RTX card

Amazing looking area ruined by the low resolution skybox texture

Attached: 2522525676777.jpg (2560x1440, 535K)

Here's the guide to spotting SJW shit according to Yea Forums
>pandering to coomers = approved
>not pandering to coomers = literally white genocide

Can you explain it in non-meme language?

I never saw it advertised and the one time I did, it looked like a whole lot of nothing gameplay and nothing had been shown on the story. Plenty of other games have done Control's gimmick and better. What was there to make it stand out?

Poor art style, poor advertising. The art style is way too realistic and boring, mixes in with all the other fluff

This. I've literally never heard of this game outside of seeing some Yea Forums threads in the catalogue. I'm still not sure what it's even about.

>retards have been discussing a fake twitter screenshot for 505 replies
OP posted his own tweet retards