Switch lite is a scam

youtu.be/UiaTdWmcnDE

>it can't even video out

Attached: Nintendo Switch Lite Tear-Down Disassembly, Comparison to Original Switch - YouTube.jpg (1724x1045, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iCUon1SgKi8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>can't do the exact thing that it was advertised not to do
>"What a scam!"

oh look a nintendo baby LMAO

NOOOOO NINTENDO CANT DO WRONG, NINTENDO CANT SCAM BABIES WAAAAAAAAAH

>called switch lite
>can't do things the main switch can do
woooooooooooooooow dood how was i supposed to know

why would you want a smaller screen and less modularity

No interest in a home console but in a handheld, or just plain broke.

even the cheapest android device on the market for $100 can do video out Nintendo diaper shitter.

Because you're giving it to your kid so they can play the new Pokemon on it.

>we are selling a product that does this and doesn't do that
>buy product
>wtf it really doesn't do that?!?!?! Nintendo scammed me guys let me post a YouTube clickbait video right now

Attached: 1541448788555.jpg (1269x952, 136K)

i dont own a non CRT TV, and i have a laptop for my PC. without the docking, i would rather have the increased portability

If they did the complete opposite and made a console only version that came with a pro controller for £199 i would buy one right now.

Attached: 497C8284-6913-4E3F-992F-56A9AE0A8FA9.gif (264x264, 78K)

BASED retard

Why do people get so worked up over a cheap alternative for poorfags with no TV?

Attached: (`・ω・´).jpg (512x323, 12K)

>240 euros (265 USD) in my country
fuck nintendo

250 usd in russia land, which is funny as fuck as that's literally some peoples salary a month here.

imagine being more poor than thailand which $600 a month, funny enough plenty of russians live in thailand

Pretty much it's like this:

if you live in moscow/SPB and some city with a bunch of gas/oil in it then you make as much as those in 1st world coutries.

If you live literally anywhere else in russia then you earn africa poverty tier.

BROS XBONE SAD CANT PLAY DVDS

I don't know why I even keep coming to this place.

Bought one and I enjoy the smaller form factor much more.
Once Switch emulation gets better I'll just pirate and play games on my PC upscaled with FPS 60FPS patches to get a better experience.

Same

bad bait, op
thread closed

are we sure we can't modify the connector to the internal screen and output it to a tv?
there is probably some drm but it might be hackable

It does half the things the Switch does, it should be HALF the price. $149 would be perfect.
inb4 poorfag, I can buy a brand new car full of these but that doesn't mean it's a good value.

The only thing I dislike is that it's not overclocked to match the docked power even though it should be capable of overclocking as it's the same console.

>Beg for a handeld because you can't afford the switch
>Get mad when you get a handeld

i don't know how you haven't learned to filter these out in your own mind yet.

i have zero interest in the handheld functionality so im not paying for it and im not paying $300 to be able to play 2-3 games do you think im a retard?

It can't run anything with a higher clock speed, the small form factor can't handle the heat, they simply just shrunk the heatsink smaller instead of actually changing it to work better for a smaller case.

It's the kind of thing you would buy your kids/nephews/little brother for christmas/birthday, cheaper and sturdier than the OG. Also will keep the kids from trying to hog the TV to play in docked mode.

>wanting to play a handelh console on a 4k screen kek

The issue is that the Switch's clocks ramp up when it's docked. The smaller unit has less cooling capacity, so it probably can't sustain those higher clocks. So even if you could output video, instead you'd have fuckwits complaining that it looks even worse because it's an image designed for a six inch, 720p display on their 60 inch 4K panel.

>buy it from US 200$
>ship it to your eurotrash country 20$

The Switch chip is not overclocked when docked, it's underclocked normally and underclocked more in handheld. In any case even if it had the video chip it shouldn't go into TV mode because it doesn't have the active cooling its big brother uses (even the smaller process refresh).

Switch 1.1 and switch lite has the updated soc with better clocks and temp dumbass try to keep up

Nintendo prices here are fucking retarded and the main reason they never took off in Russia despite everyones owning Dendys in the 90's

>an image designed for a six inch, 720p display on their 60 inch 4K panel.
So no different than the regular Switch then

Yeah, and there's no reason to assume that it's improved enough to offset it, fuckwit.

>called switch lite
>cannot "switch"
at least they were honest with the 2ds.

>a gaming phone has more power than a switch

the nintendo cope is real

Wtf you can basically find it for 170 Euros in France.

not him, but yes, a "gaming" phone that costs 3-4 times the price of a Switch with fuck all going for it games wise

I'll be waiting for the New Nintendo Switch instead

Attached: file.png (500x759, 284K)

the nintendon't switch lol

It’s almost like they’re two different consoles with two different names. Crazy.

Yeah, right, I can tell you don't know how bad things actually are here. If I were to do that, I would have to pay 27% VAT on the $200 price of the console AND the $20 shipping too. No, there is no way around it. I fucking hate living in Europe.

You stupid to the brain? Nintendo clearly states that the Switch Lite is NOT playable on Television and is a dedicated portable console

hehehehe

Use a traveler courier service dumbass no reason to pay vat at all

what do you call a button that doesnt switch?

I pre-ordered mine from shopto and it was 10% off with free delivery so it came to £179.10

I'm happy with my purchase. I considered getting the original switch for £250 but the D-pad is shitty and I was not gonna use the dock anyway..

How the hell does that work, and what guarantees they won't just abscond with my shit, if I ever find someone who comes to my shitty country at all?

>it can't even do the thing it was designed around not doing
what an outrage

This is such a bad opinion. Imagine for a moment the switch lite was called Game Boy Next something. That's a marketing nightmare. People would be getting both for their kids.

>phone screencap

Attached: sr.jpg (250x250, 7K)

its not a scam because it never said it could video out retard

even then its not like Yea Forums has anything worth sticking around for these days

garbage posts.
switch lite is shit. If you bought one you got ripped off. Hope you enjoyed your wasted money.

>we removed video out so that we can sell it for 100 dollars less
>wtf it cant even video out?????

>"It can't do things like the main Switch because it's CALLED Switch LITE."
>Point toward the fact that it's still called Switch despite not being able to switch.
>B-but name doesn't matter.

The Switch Lite is a waste of time and money. You can literally buy normal Nintendo Switch consoles that are better for the same price as the Lite right now or slightly more money, at least in Australia.

Who at Nintendo thought selling the Lite for $299 AUD but the normal Switch is $349 AUD, did they ever think people would buy the Lite at that price? You strip away half of the consoles use, TV Mode, but its still expensive? Not that I care, I have had a normal Switch since Xenoblade Chronicles 2 released in 2017.

Attached: 1553922474377.jpg (1592x1080, 536K)

>USB port still at the bottom
fucking hell Nintendo

Attached: 1550468075950.jpg (900x900, 109K)

>Why won't this gaming company fix my country's economy?

It has nothing to do with economy, you fucking mongoloid. You can get a normal Switch with all its features for barely more money. They should've worked on improving the base Switch instead.
They could've also completely redesigned the Switch Lite to be more like a 3DS XL where you can close it to protect the screen, but Nintendo mustn't be very smart.

Thailand is based tho

You know it's good when a whole thread is here complaining about it every day.

Countries without a broken economy have the switch light at 2/3 of the cost of a switch

fucking freak

Says the nigga whos about to go into negative interest. Bro you guys are so uneducated you dont evennknow how your economy is doing right now. Im having massive profits everytime everything from stocks to futures all go red. Specially last month and last year in november. Stay wage cuck friend. Trust the plan they said.

You don't even know where I'm from lol. Switch Lite is at 215€ here

>He thinks the US economy is in bad shape
Are you retarded? People think it might be a bubble but it's doing incredible right now

imagine giving this to a kid because its the cheap version
his friends come over to play smash/mario kart but they literally cant
all because there's a cheap switch now to trick consumers

Attached: 1228640350429.png (477x267, 131K)

what is it with all the autistic faggots coming out of the woordworks and making like twenty threads shitting on benign things the Switch lite can't do, which it was advertised as not being able to do

>No goy please don't let interests go below 0%! How will banks make money if it's affordable to become a home owner????

>not, 'Nintendo Wii U New'

why do you even care though?

>Imagine giving a kid a Gameboy / DS / 3DS / PSP / Vita
Ok I imagined something that happened all the fucking time now what do you want me to do?

>Contrarian
/kənˈtrɛːrJən/
noun
A person who opposes or rejects popular opinion

These faggots are the same that when the Switch launched constantly argued it should've been a full handheld, the mockups even perfectly predicted what the Lite would look like

Attached: nintendo-switch-mini-utenti-neogaf-provano-immaginarne-design-v4-290217-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>Platform is called 'Switch
>Games are marked as 'Switch' games
>The new one should not be called a 'Switch', despite using the same hardware and playing the same games
I don't understand. Yes, it can no longer do the thing that the name alludes to, but the confusion of it carrying a different name would be far worse.

I refuse to believe that this isn't an ancient precursor prototype.

I've never played or have seen a Switch in real life.
Both look tiny as Hell when compared to the size of hands. Jesus.

Attached: 1568492719037.jpg (178x182, 3K)

The full size Switch isn't particularly small. It's big enough that it's kind of inconvenient as a dedicated portable. The Lite meanwhile is comparable to a Vita, which is a touch larger than a PSP.

There's a shuttle bus at the station...

Nintendo prices is also retarded in Israel, i can buy a ps4 slim instead of a switch for a little less, i haven't checked the local price of the lite though

Attached: __hamakaze_kantai_collection_drawn_by_mimamui__b7f77922b5465bc2ba3c863bf1ae062b.jpg (516x729, 429K)

For something that claims to be a console and not just a portable it is fairly small. What is their long term plan for the next few years? PS and Xbox are going to push multi-platform games beyond the Switch's ability.

Really, the Switch might end up the refuge of devs making middle market games that don't quite have big enough fanbases to justify the costs of PS5/Xbox Two development, assuming we see another fidelity jump. What's right now a hindrance might end up being beneficial. It's not like anybody's buying a Switch to play Call of Duty or Far Cry at the moment anyway.

I guess this time for real it really is the end for Nintendo

They need to make a clear home console now to compete with Microsoft and Sony's next gen. Let Switch keep going for the next 100 years like the 3ds did it the portable space, but give the home market something worth a fuck too.

what if the 2ds was called 3DS Lite? it doesn't do 3d, same shit. retard

Neoturdtendo being Neoturdtendo since September 2001. Why are people still surprised?

Nintendo games, Indie games, AA JP games, contracted games like Bayonetta and Astral Chain etc.

You know, the same types of games that have been great on Switch so far and the same types of games that have sold well on Switch

You say it like people weren't making fun of the 2DS name too.
And the difference there is that there's a simple way to keep the brand identity consistent. It's still 'DS with a number before it'. I'm yet to see a single decent suggestion for alternative Switch Lite names that don't include totally ditching the branding of its software.

Lol fuck no, Nintendo finally found their blue ocean again.
Keep the Switch around for a couple years, maybe make a pro version, then make a Switch 2

It's easy. The whole point of switch lite is to push normal switch sales. Typical for nintendo switch is overpriced for hardware it has, but now there is switch lite that's even worse so everyone who was holding off for new model will shell out additional few bucks for normal switch instead.

Once we can hack it we will be able to dock it.

Snitch

Because Nintendo doesn't even have to try anymore. If they tell their fanbase to buy something, they will fucking buy it without question. Think about this. There are people on this board that bought a switch and a switch lite, and no it's not because they have kids.

No we won't, because it doesn't physically fit into a dock. I'm also curious if it can safely sustain full docked clocks to begin with.

>they released switch pro which is now a souped up console version
>WTF WHY CAN'T I CARRY THIS THING AROUND
Fuck off

Why does Yea Forums act like Nintendo should call this another system and not Switch Lite?
Do you think they wanna pollute their box art by going Switch/Whatever they named the new system and give it a new logo and confuse customers just to please your autism?

Which is why the Wii U had the exact same marketing success as the Switch OH WAIT

>with fuck all going for it games wise
*blocks your path*

Attached: apple-arcade-hero.jpg (1400x800, 493K)

The Switch's main selling point is it's ability to have portability with games you normally couldn't and you can't tell me otherwise. People were probably shitting their pants at the thought of being able to play Skyrim on a plane.

>it's ability to have portability with games you normally couldn't
Do laptops not exists?

It's not nearly as Convenient to use a Switch and you know it.
>inb4 GPD

Ok, retard. Affordable portability.

Can I play in docked mode while outputing to the switch screen? I do not have a TV.

Yes, because a laptop is exactly as fucking portable as a handheld.

>>it can't even video out
Retarded mongoloid, at least shitpost about the actual Lite problems

Just seems like a waste of potential.
Nintendo had a decent stake in the console market, even with the lesser success of the WiiU.
They are basically throwing away any claim they have left in consoles and going into the portable tablet market. Because let's get real, the "dock" mode is just a slight boost and really acts as fancy AV cables. At the Switch's core it is just a powerful tablet, and not comparable to the other consoles of this generation, let alone the new ones coming out next year.
They have basically said "we're okay with leaving the console market to make Nintendo tablets."
There was nothing wrong with the DS line up, other than it needed a next generation variant.

Attached: 1568355851818.jpg (221x228, 8K)

>on a plane
Do US planes have power outlets now? Because the switch has compatibility issues with powerbanks.

K

The thing is, I don't think it matters. 'Handheld' or not, Switch hardware can deliver games of a type of which you previously needed a stationary console for. My experience with BotW or Xenoblade 2 wouldn't have been fundamentally better for it existing on a more powerful system. Prettier? Maybe. Better framerate and resolution? Sure. But the core game? There's nothing about them restricted by the platform. 'Handheld' no longer has to mean 'constrained' like it used to.

Really because I just plugged my portable charger into my Switch and it works fine.

>Nintendon't Switch

Nintendo Switchn't.

You could say that about any game, console, computer, etc. Seems like a shitty point.
We could all just play Atari 2600s with modern game mechanics. Pretty? No. High frame rates? No. But the core interaction between the few pixels is good enough.
Nintendo is retarded for accepting defeat in the console market and relegating themselves to being tablet game creators.

Mine doesn't and I've read that it happens, because the switch has some weird power drawing protocols.

I like this, but someone already made that joke.

You're right, I forgot, they haven't been innovative since the SNES came out. And even then, they were using underpowered processors.

But you can't. A 2600 or NES or whatever is physically incapable of the processing required to deliver something that even vaguely resembles most of the Switch's library. There's no genre beyond maybe VR games that a PS4 can do that a Switch can't. It's not significantly holding back developers, which is something you couldn't say about prior handhelds compared to contemporary consoles.

Actually nevermind, charger isn't working. That kinda sucks, actually. I remember thinking it was pretty convenient that it had the same port as my phone, but not being able to use a portable charger is a letdown.

>We could all just play Atari 2600s with modern game mechanics
No we couldn't you fucking retard

it's called Switch lite because you can switch it on and off

switch the direction i'm facing 360º and walk away

It has the power of a 2015 tablet. The PS4 and Xbone overpower them and they came out BEFORE the Switch.
You can't honestly believe it is that powerful, lol.

but can it play botw? no? oh ok..

Exept you completely missed the point, which is not surprising from a Nintendo fan.

So let me explain to you why people laugh at the name of the console; it has, in fact, nothing to do with its name but everything to do with how Nintendo is a joke of a company.
They sold the Switch and based their entire marketing strategy on it's gimmicky, only to, a couple years later, release a new version removing said gimmicky instead of improving on it. Remind you of something?
Nintendo KNOW they sell you flavor of the months crap, so before sells plummet, and the hype dies down as people realise they barely use what they bought, Nintendo make a new version without all the original gimmicky that nobody actually cared about.

You ARE guillable and Nintendo uses this at their advantage, you just haven't realised this yet.

It's amazing how hard you're missing user's point, twice in a row

>he doesn't have a HDCRT monitor that could be used with the Switch
Cringe.

>before sells plummet, and the hype dies down as people realise they barely use what they bought
It's been two years, shitposters are still in the "its gonna flop any day now" phase?

Go away, ESL monkey

>marketing nightmare
>people would be getting both
oh no, what an unfortunate situation that would be for nintendo

>what is hyperbole
Does everyone here have autism and take everything literally?

Attached: 1567677018692.jpg (702x694, 33K)

That's absolutely not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the power of a 2015 tablet is more than sufficient for what most devs are doing right now. The games could be prettier on other systems, but the game itself doesn't have to be compromised to work on Switch. There's nothing that devs are doing in games today, even high end exclusives that really push PS4 or Xbone hardware, that couldn't work on a Switch with some visual cutbacks. And that's not to trash the PS4 or Xbone, I've owned a PS4 since launch, I have a PSVR, I've also got a high end PC and Vive Pro. I enjoy the high end of gaming too. But the Switch absolutely has enough power to deliver the core experience of pretty much any title today.
Like I said before, Xenoblade 2 or Breath of the Wild wouldn't be fundamentally better games for being on more powerful hardware. The Switch isn't restricting the visions and creative intent behind them.

He is saying it's okay for Nintendo to stay a generation back because he is fine settling with less. That is not a good long term business plan. People will eventually want to play games of modern console quality, meanwhile Nintendo will still be in stuck in 2015 tablet graphics.

>what is hyperbole
A stupid way to reply to a perfectly valid point, at worst you're actually stupid at best you just have no understanding of the argument or something interesting to say about it

Friendly reminder that the Lite literally only exists so more parents buy their kids the console for Pokemon this Christmas.

Yeah lemme bust out my 15" gayman laptop and light up the plane with RGB rainbow vomit for the 15 minutes the battery will last because plane outlets can't provide enough power, just so I can play fucking VA-11 Hall-A

Attached: 20180725_111151.jpg (5312x2988, 1.37M)

Poorfag.

Meanwhile in reality the Switch is printing money, and the Switch Lite is gonna print even more money

If i played wii u mostly without TV, should i buy lite or is a normal switch still better?

Tfw I bough a switch, played two games then never touched it again. Sold it a few months later. Are people really excited about being able to lay in bed while playing a video game? Not to mention the amount of people who beg for ports on this thing, Nintendo doesn’t have to make a single first party title because retards will happily eat up years-dead shit just so they can play it in bed. I refuse to play along with this recycling bin of a console.

Switch is the best place to play Indie games, which are increasingly becoming the only games worth playing
Solid exclusives like Astral Chain are a nice bonus too

Gamecube was the most powerful console of its generation

>This burger with pickles, cheese , tomatoes and onions costs 6 dollars
>If I remove the pickles and onions it should be 4 dollars because 20% of it's material was removed
This is how retarded you sound

That's the reverse of my experience with it. It's been by far my most used console, because unlike my other consoles it actually does something that my PC doesn't do better, plus it has games, mainly in the form of Nintendo exclusives, that I actually want to play.

>Zelda clone right in Applel's ad

30~% I should say

No video out is literally only reason I don't want it

Maybe the meme about convincing the fencesitters to get normal version is true

Don't know what to tell you, man. By all means, continue your crusade to convince people to stop having fun.

>it can't even video out
yeah, it can't play PS4 games either wtf nindndo

This is such a one dimentional reasonning it bafles me all you can answer is this.
Nintendo has a track record of having poor console sells with the Gamecube and the Wii-U, so now when they make a new console they also think of the next version removing everything that the first version had that might be the reason the console flopped in the first place. The Switch lite was in developpement way before nintendo even knew if the switch would be a commercial success or not.
But i guess you said i'm a shitposter so you win.

>before sales plummet, they release a shiny new toy for the retards to keep sales soaring
It seems to be working, eh?

for ppl who dont own a tv

By your math it should be $4.80, the other post was succinct in that regard. At least get your math right.
...what's your point?

>sales plummeting
>right before Pokemon and the holiday season
Good joke user

completely unrelated, but what game is that on the switch?

You don’t know what to tell me about my personal experience that doesn’t affect you nor should have any bearing on how you view or purchase video games? Good. Because 1, I wasn’t telling anyone what to do, and 2, calling a personal account of one personal experience a “crusade” just shows how easily you clutch your pearls when someone dare might not like the company whose cock you surgically attached your lips to. Be a corporate whole elsewhere, filth.

Yeah, that's why they released a Wii without waggle, a Wii U without a tablet and never released another 3DS with 3D after the 2DS.
Based retard.

Octopath Traveler

Octopath Traveler. Actually On PC now too, great on everything. Hope the sequel's good.

>before sales plummet
>before
>BEFORE
I’m sure glad retards with poor reading comprehension don’t post here

>never released another 3DS with 3D after the 2DS
Shit I didn't know they were axing the regular Switch. Right after upgrading it with the same SoC as the Switch Lite as well

Sales ramp up then explode on holiday season tard

Nice, thought I recognized it. Never played it, but damn does the artstyle look good.

There'll probably a new Switch model in 2021 to replace the regular Switch.

Proving my point still. Thanks for playing :^)

>"I wasn't telling anyone what to do"
>HOW ARE PEOPLE EXCITED TO PLAY GAMES IN BED, RETARDS EAT THIS SHIT UP
Sure you weren't pal. Sounds like you're the one who can't handle people actually enjoying something, loser.

They had so little faith in 3D working for the 3DS that they after the 2DS they made a more powerful 3DS, still with 3D, and didn't make a 2DS version of it for years.

white version when?

I already have a PC and a PS4, I don't want an additional couch system so i don't see the point in paying additional price for a feature i won't use

I am allowed to view people with contempt without telling them how to live their lives. Cope elsewhere retard.

*sits down on a chair like captain america in the spider movie* so you didn't watch the youtube video

>sales ramping up is the same as sales plummeting

So go buy that and connect it to your tv retard

I bought it because its basically a GBA and I find myself with spare time away from any tv setup a lot

What does the word “before” mean to you, I wonder? Do you know what the concepts of before, during, and after are? Do you know that we can look at the past to get an idea of the future? Are you aware that you’re going to die someday?

Attached: 1531198703120.gif (300x243, 255K)

What do the words "ramping up" mean to you? Do you know the concepts of ramping up and plummeting?

Indeed, and “before” those sales plummet, they release shiny new toys for retards, that way, sales never plummet. Because they did the thing BEFORE! Wow! Learning can be great fun :)

he's right

it's like the 2DS, it's for poor people and that's it, Yea Forums is just pretending anyone besides poor people is supposed to care about this thing, to shitpost about it

why do I feel like this isn't bait, but actual retardation?

he said before sales plummet you fucking brainlet

>The lite won't video out
>"it can't even video out!"

Attached: 3ds_legendofzeldaalinkbetweenworlds.png (299x91, 75K)

sht up u queer

Attached: TERMINATOR-2-JOYSTICK-04.jpg (512x727, 40K)

If I want to play on a big screen I have a PC. I don't want to pay for features I have absolutely zero interest in using.

Think this through, brainlet. It would be a media pr disaster. How can you not see that?

>defending crippling device just for sole purpose of crippling it
Wew, you don't pay for joycons and other useless switch gimmicks with lite, video out is actually useful, they could just skip on up-scaling.
The cost of multiplexer for it would be probably under $1 per device. But nope, let's defend shitty practice just because.

Also Nintedo could get back some money with selling docks which aren't included with Lite. But nope if you want better portable device + docking gotta buy 2 switches.

Attached: smug.jpg (900x810, 55K)

As soon as it's hacked you'll be able to buy a custom dock from aliexpress.

idk bro that's what they said about the 2DS XL but it's the best version of the 3DS. Stripped features nobody really used. I have a Switch but I wouldn't mind the Lite for portability. I carry my 2DS XL around in my pocket and my OG Switch in my bag because I use it as a handheld and rarely use it docked but it'd be real convenient if I can store my Switch in my inside coat pocket because it's so small.

Just buy the original Switch if you want video out and the dock numbnuts

I dunno man...I have an N3DS XL and I like the 3D...but it took some getting used to, even then I need breaks every hour or so. Some people can't even last that long. If people aren't using the 3D why should they need to pay for it?

>Company makes mistake.
>Learn from it.
>Make new decision based on past mistake.
>"B-but they didn't make the new decision back then when it first failed so your argument is invalid, CHECKMATE."

i seriously don't know how i can explain it better to you so your baboon mind can understand.

>2DS XL but it's the best version of the 3DS
"no"

we've fallen into the weird assumption that everything needs to be designed for everyone.

>and never released another 3DS with 3D after the 2DS
2DS launch: October 12, 2013
N3DS XL launch: February 13, 2015
>Based retard.

user, the first two should've tipped you off to the sarcasm. Based retard.

I won't buy neither until refreshed gen or price drop, I still has 3DS backlog to play.
Also normal Switch is less comfortable and less portable than Lite.
The whole point it that Nintendo skipping on video out in Lite is just greed, it would cost them next to nothing, and it still would have less gimmicks than full switch.
Lite is still pretty shitty portable though compared to N3DS.

>it can't even video out
>because it is smaller and is meant as a proper handheld replacement for the 3DS
What with the kusony brainlet OP? Does he not know what "lite" meant?
>paying for lite is cuckoldry
>paying less for a device without the features you don't use is cuckoldry
I swear, OP of these kinds of threads are likely school jocks or dropouts. I bet a school shooter is more intelligent than OP.

>defending dropping feature that does cost nothing to implement
You must be the type of person who defends smartphone manufacturers for dropping audio jack.

Exactly. The 2DS isn't designed for people who want 3D.

>defending reactionary accusations that something is a scam if it comes with what it says it does but it doesn't have something you want

Do smartphone manufacturers continue to sell separate, more fleshed out models, complete with headphone jacks alongside their "lite" models?

>dropping feature that does cost nothing to implement
>Dropping features that makes it heavier
>additional costs in materials
>cost nothing to implement
are you entertaining the illusion that Nintendo is running a socialist slave factory where they create their own components for free?

So what can you switch between now since you cant switch from handheld to portable?

you can switch it on and off

Nintendo loves to confuse people with marketing and naming their products. See “Wii U”

you can switch between games
only brainlets and gamers like kusonyfags gets confused with a marketing that isn't under 5 seconds long

You are really delusional if you think that in price per unit adding video out to already existing port is that expensive. The video MXU(1-2 dolars depending on type, not to mention that they probably reuse most of normal switch MB design to save cost so there is place for sure) is inexpensive as fuck even for hobbyist, not to mention big corpos like Nintedo. They already dropped expensive features from Lite like Joycons. They also don't include dock with it. Those are real savings in manufacturing and packaging.

Dropping MXU from it is only because people wouldn't want to buy normal Switch when offered with option to buy Lite without paying for gimmicks(Joycons).

The same is true about smartphone manufacturers it was move by apple to increase revenue from Air pods and make iPhone thinner than needed anyway. It worked, and it's poorly copied by Android manufacturer with mixed results.

Defending those practices is sign of being brain fucked by big corps marketing,

Attached: WhatEvaDude.jpg (750x1000, 89K)

>here, an even worse version of our console
how about they make a one that strips the useless handheld parts and runs their games at acceptable performance?

Attached: 1568766781523.png (280x218, 90K)

If you think the video out would work easily, you are completely retarded.

The switch light is significantly less heavily cooled than the original, Docked would bake it to death.

I enjoy how people making this argument always seem to ignore the possibility that even with the more efficient SOC, Nintendo couldn't get the cooling required for higher clocks into the form factor at the price they wanted. Be interesting to see how things go once people start modding them.

>reuse most of normal switch MB design to save cost so there is place for sure
At least watch one of the teardowns before commenting. There might still be room, but they're hardly reusing the same mobo layout.

Switching output doesn't have to force up-scaling, here fixed issue for you.

Why do fat people mumble and slur so much? Is it the fat in their voice box?

>I still has

Attached: 1510499367287.png (205x246, 5K)

Great, now you've got people complaining about the games not looking as good as they can on the full system instead, because they're running in handheld optimized modes for reduced clocks and much smaller 720p screens. You know, the issue that the entire full size system is designed around.

>Pay $100 less, get a smaller Switch that's much more portable but can't play on the TV
How is it a scam? It's not like the original Switch is gone or increased in price

Attached: 1519792137206.jpg (377x325, 29K)

Games are optimized to look good on a small screen, you just made a completely retarded mode.

>nintentards defend garbage
like clockwork

Attached: 1552261442681.png (800x800, 265K)

People still don't understand that intended screen and resolution matters and that you make different decisions for it. Like Astral Chain's portable mode using nearest neighbor scaling. Looks crisp on a little screen, blocky and weird on a big one.

Because OP has cum for brains and thinks with his dick. He likely didn't even watch the full video and instead went here to HURR IT DOESN'T PLAY ON THE TV.
>a dedicated handheld
>ever needing to play on the TV

Some games don't have handheld mode, and never being able to TV out is kind of bullshit

>not being a retard is "defending"
You need to properly know what a scam is.

>zoomer wojakposter not knowing how to make valid criticism
Like clockwork.

What games don't have a portable mode? The only games with issues I can think of are ones that require joycon wagglan, and if you really want to play those you can buy and use joycons with it. If for some unholy reason you need to play 1 2 Switch that badly.

>Some games don't have handheld mode
For example?

But they are, sure they had to change it to incorporate buttons etc. but if you look at them they have very similar in component spacing. I didn't mean like physical they reuse MB only design wise.

It's called lite for a reason :^)

I am not OP, I never called it a scam.
It's just shitty excuses. If any other company did it, almost none would be defending it.

So you want to make an objectively bad mode for no reason?

Sony made a TV only vita, nobody bought it and it was objectively retarded.
Nobody complained and cried about it like you are right now.

>Looks crisp on a little screen, blocky and weird on a big one.
Is that true? I'd heard the opposite so I haven't bought it yet since I generally prefer playing my Switch handheld. I usually only play a game through once, and I heard Astral Chain is better played docked than handheld.

>it's just a shitty excuse!
>literally can't come up with a reason why legitimate reasons "don't count"
LOL, peak retard.

That was in reference to how the game uses different settings for each mode. It doesn't apply any scaling in handheld, which looks weird in screenshots but actually pretty okay on the system itself. It looks good in both, in my experience. Though the joycons might be a touch cramped for it. Worth your time either way I reckon.

>We could all just play Atari 2600s with modern game mechanics.
this board is killing me

Attached: 1538610819129.jpg (593x593, 26K)

It's worse experience sure, and that's legitimate reason but it's only one. It's still would be worth it to have video out.

again, I always enjoy pointing out the constant of life that is smug anime girl always being wrong

Why have a bad option at all?
People here would only cry even more about it.

>Go buy a computer
>It clearly says that it's just the main unit, no monitor included
>Buy it anyways
>"OMG SCAM!!1 My computer didn't come with a monitor!!!1"
You are literally this retarded

it's mostly shovelware, but the fact that there's a distinction at all is kind of bullshit
also many games are just harder to play

Why wouldn't you want to have options.

You are retarded, not even close.

you didnt list any

>Nintendo is retarded for accepting defeat in the console market
Have you seen the console market lately?
>shrinking sales
>companies moving to gacha/mobile
>consoles becoming more expensive and less entertaining with a hugely reduced lineup
So much so that SIE didn't even went this last E3 because they have no games people want to see. The 3rd parties are doing their own shows too. Nintendo made the smart move to bail out of a sinking industry marred by shitty unwanted western tranny politics and crippled by a rising 4th gaming platform.

Because you would cry "why did Nintendo make a weaker switch! REEEEEEEE!".

And without a dock and pro controller, the dock would be unusable even with a screen out port.

So now you added extra expense to make a more expensive, less usable version of a mode that already exists.

Good job, no wonder you don't have a job, retard.

Also worth pointing out that they can't 'just put joycons on it' because guess what? Now you've got a normal Switch in form factor and component cost. And 'make smaller joycons' is even more retarded, before that one comes up.

>only ever stated to have no video out right from the fucking announcement
>releases with no video out
>"SCAM!"

haha

>dude just pay 100 dollars more for something that would cost 1 dollar more to add

>smug anime poster is a retard
every time

this, normal switch screen is just about big enough to play games like zelda, how the fuck are you meant to play them on a smaller screen?

>something that would cost 1 dollar more to add
>I know this because my dad works at Nintendo!

>Because you would cry "why did Nintendo make a weaker switch! REEEEEEEE!".
To make it more portable.

>And without a dock and pro controller, the dock would be unusable even with a screen out port.
If you actually read what I wrote I list these things as main savings for Nintendo. And possibilities to make money by selling them separately.

>So now you added extra expense to make a more expensive, less usable version of a mode that already exists.
Yes? kinda? But I have more portable device and I don't have to buy second one to have TV out, it's fitting for "lite" version to be weaker.

>Good job, no wonder you don't have a job, retard.
Go project your insecurities on someone else.

>not understanding prices of electronic components

>1 dollar more
Nintendo isn't "a hobbyist" putting together a device. They're paying workers to do this type of shit.

Price per unit vs price per design

Making a worse system and then charging for the rest would literally be called a scam by you, you just know that.

And if you think these components are that cheap, you are completely retarded.

Again, I'm betting you think Nintendo doesn't pay its factory workers much like in some backwater socialist utopia.

If you think that workers put every single IC on board and solder them by hand then you really are retarded.

Not as retarded as you for thinking that they don't pay skilled workers good money for parts that needed to be added by hand.

they literally pay foxconn (which is a chink sweatshop) to do this shit tho, if you actually think nintendo makes those console themselves or that you need "skilled workers" to assembly shit you are retarded

No they don't. They pay workers to load automated robots that place components on board. Then they are wave soldered . You have no clue what you are talking about.

>conspiracy theory believer
>when Nintendo was the one who warned Foxconn not to use underaged workers
Get out of here, Alex.

couldn't the DSlite do everything a DS could?

Who the fuck is casually buying $200 electronics for their nephews

>for christmas/birthday

Switches on and off instantaneously genius

Not poor people

It doesn't matter though, cost of manufacturing wouldn't change much no matter if they included MXU chip or not. Literally the most pricey part is set up of manufacturing assembly. After that it's just cost of components.

Also:
If price for hobbyist is 1 dollar then for Nintendo which buys in thousands of units would be much much less. Not to mention prices of components in EU/US vs China.

The only reasonable argument that people made is that it would look worse on big screen. But again isn't that to be expected from console called "Light".

What was genuinely worse?

>Calling it the Wii U despite it being a successor, ultimately confusing the Wii's casual market into thinking it was literally just a Wii with a tablet despite being an attempt at new hardware entirely

>Calling it the Switch Lite since it's still the same console but with less features, so people understand it's the just the same thing with less, even though nothing about it Switches anymore

>Calling it the Virtual Boy despite absolutely nothing about it being handheld or related to the GameBoy brand

Nintendo put out a better video months ago and it showed everything.

How come this guy is so late to the party?

And people on Yea Forums were fucking SEETHING about the 2ds name.

>it's too complicated!
>It sounds like a new system but only plays the old games!
>what a scam!

imagine being upset over this.
>wah I can't buy this thing and open it and fuck around with it so I don't have to pay more for the version that does the things that I actually want

>Calling it the Switch Lite

Because it's lighter

How many threads are you gonna make? Why are you so butthurt by the switch lite?

I spend like $30 max on each nephew for Christmas and birthdays. But then again my nephews aren't all spoiled iPhone carrying Logan Paul fans.

But at least it was reasonable console, dropping useless gimmick to save price.

>price for hobbyist is 1 dollar then for Nintendo which buys in thousands of units would be much much less
Okay, now factor in labor costs and shipping costs.

Lite = Heaviness
Light = Brightness

>How many threads are you gonna make? Why are you so butthurt by the switch lite?

I think this is mine of OP's Messiah channels , like their go to for information. That's why he swears by it.

Or it could be his big bah bah's channel

You guys act like mommy bought you the wrong switch when she came in with your tendie player today like good god they said this one was basically a giant modern gameboy.

And yet Yea Forums had the exact same temper tantrum as right now.

>Nintendo put out a better video months ago and it showed everything.

>How come this guy is so late to the party?

Illegal content right here

Well, my uncle once bought me a PSP for Christmas back in 2006, so it happens

>no one's allowed to criticize anything REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We use American logic , sounds the same, is the same. Give it an "I" for that future quality

>it's exactly what was promised
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>trick consumers
If they can't figure out the difference between the Switch and Switch Lite, they deserve to be "tricked"

I just fucking explained in the fucking post that you are replying to, labor cost won't change after assembly being setup. Workers only load reels of components to robots, it's that fucking simple. It's just few more small electric components, few of thousands that are already being automatically placed. God, learn how electronics are manufactured before talking about them.

Shipping won't be a issue neither, those components weight next to nothing. And they already order them for normal switch, It wouldn't be above one dollar per unit for sure.

Don’t buy it if you don’t like it. Is that so fucking hard?

And unless they design a new dock too, there's no point putting those components in.

They can just reuse internals and change plastic.

>labor cost won't change after assembly being setup
Yes?
>assembly setup for Lite is different for Normal Switch
Solved, costs changed by a huge margin.
>those components weight next to nothing
>1000kg of components weigh 0
retard

youtu.be/iCUon1SgKi8

Thai guy didn't video about the switch lite before OP's example, AND it has better production values too

Attached: Gear-NintendoSwitchLite_artwork_02.jpg (2400x1801, 204K)

/thread
Autistic faggots for some reason always have to hyper doom talk anything people like since cyberpunk gamescom and before that too obv but esp now for some reason.
TL DR; But whatever you like, ignore the rest. Shocking, I know.

And then we still get back to the fact that it's not currently known if the hardware can even safely sustain the full clocks. Personally I think you're getting the cart before the horse by getting worked up over this component specifically. It's designed to be a more compact, cost-cut unit that fills a niche in the market previous covered by the 3DS. It's cheaper to make, it's cheaper to buy, it's designed for a different demographic. I've seen no evidence that they maliciously cut features with no reason beyond fucking consumers or something.
OP's video is just a teardown of the hardware, it's not supposed to be some shocking reveal.

I have no idea since the majority of time in my experience, games look better docked. The new Switch even has a better battery life than the lite, iirc. Bigger screen, longer battery (if true), and the ability to play on the TV blows the lite away. The only reason I can think of why people would get the lite is parents seeing a cheaper Switch and just getting that for their kids.

Yeah, both new switches have better battery life than the original model. Lite uses less power, but has a smaller battery to fit in the smaller case. Revised normal has the more efficient hardware too, but with the original capacity battery so it lasts even longer again. Nothing Nintendo could've really done about that though, other than deliberately gimp the full size unit which would've looked much worse.

A laptop can play botw and output video to a tv

It don't work like this. You have no clue what you are talking about. Weights of ICs are measured in mg, meaning there is no real cost in shipping cost per unit while adding one or few ICs to design.

I meant using components of dock for lite dock.
Not switch for switch lite, even thou switch lite is just slight redesign of original switch MB for sure.

Also the up-scaling argument is really the only sound argument there, but still dropping video out feature from it, even if it would look worse is in my opinion bad practice. "Lite" name suggest it would have worse performance anyway.

Holy shit, between the Switch Lite or Link's Awakening, I can't tell which one is Yea Forums more butthurt about. The two are going to be a success and all but definitely not going to be that huge to be making nonstop hateboner threads about them.

This, the back on the box also say handheld only

Snoyfags are in full mental breakdown mode.
It's fucking hilarious

>the power of a 2015 tablet is more than sufficient for what most devs are doing right now
Then why do all Switch games lag and experience frame dips? Why does it need to employ dynamic resolution for its games?

>It don't work like this.
Source, your ass. I work at a PC and components shop and we buy components by bulk for repair shops.

alright if you autists are gonna complain about it being named Switch Lite because it doesn't actually "Switch" between handheld and TV mode, what would you actually name it?

>He thinks only desktop replacements are capable of gaming
>He hasn't used a gaming laptop from the past 3 years
A nintentoddler knows fuck all about gaming laptops. How surprising.

Because you're like the third person to completely miss the point of that post holy shit.

And why won't they? Their company is in shambles.

The only unforgivable flaw of the lite is the shitty d-pad.

nice

>only desktop replacements are capable of gaming
This is true though, at least for the mustard face PC gamers. Laptops are looked down upon because you rarely can upgrade their parts or add more to prolong its life or make it more powerful. Or at least, it used to be.

Yet the pictures shows his relatively new gayman laptop

because its essentially a next generation game boy running mobile apps and 10y old ports of video games

I just wish consoles would die
Ever since I connected my PC to the tv I don't even sit by the keyboard unless the game explicitly needs it

You work with electronics, and you believe that adding single ICs to high-volume manufacturing would increase price in any significant manner.
Holy shieet. Bulk order from single shop is nowhere near close to bulk order from manufacturing assembly.

They have massive contracts for shipping, and they ship many components already. BTW when I say components i mean Integrated circus(You know ICs) not you know, full graphic cards. I hope you know the diffrence between IC which 1kg would contain thousands of them.

I really have lack of words now.

It's as big as my friend , so I'd say it's pretty gud

Attached: IMG_20190921_082402.jpg (1478x1108, 328K)

Your friend looks like a good friend.
Also looks like we finally know what sized hands the joycons are designed to be comfortable for two-handed.

Fuck no. If my kids want to play Pokemon, I get them a 3DS with every game up until BW2, after that if they want to play bad games, it's with their own money

Cute friend

>You work with electronics, and you believe that adding single ICs to high-volume manufacturing would increase price in any significant manner.
It does though, even more when robots are used to do the operations. The reality is that using robots in manufacture isn't because it is cheap at that moment, but because it is cheaper in the long run when avoiding human errors in the process or assembly.
>They have massive contracts for shipping, and they ship many components already.
You know how much those contracts are though? I bet you don't know because you're just a fat snoyfag in some basement. Especially with parts that needs special care to ship.

based

that's an expensive laptop unless you're talking about 3 to 5 fps

>it is cheaper in the long run when avoiding human errors in the process or assembly.
>errors
It's cheaper because workflow is never interrupted when Demetrius got his 6th DUI last night and can't come to work and the robot arm doesn't have health insurance premiums to fork out for.

It's trade secret mate.
Robot manufacturing is cheap for mass producing. You really have no clue. Hand soldering SMD components would be time inefficient making it more expensive. I really lack words right now, you can't translate your experience as repairman in PC shop to high-volume manufacturing.

"Up to and including BW2"

fucking retard get a flash card

>It's cheaper because workflow is never interrupted
Nope. Workflow doesn't slow down even with one person missing. Trade secret is that the other people have to carry the missing person's quota.
>Robot manufacturing is cheap for mass producing.
In the long run, because it reduces errors. But by our argument if those components are not added anyway, then, robot or human, costs will be reduced because work for them are reduced.

so 1 game? you proved his point.

You talk like a huge faggot, hope you're making your $300k a month to back up that attitude.

>You talk like a huge faggot
At least I ain't one like, unlike you, faggot.

>he really believes that soldering thousands of 0603 resistors and other ICs by hand is valiable in any timely manner. It would take one person to assembly one switch per day.

You don't compare putting PC from PC-parts to actually soldering components, don't ya?

>gay mans next ass

But it can and that's all that matters nintenkek

Umm, but they said it wouldn't do several things the regular Switch does, that's the $200 caveat, those missing $100 mean the removal of several elements like the TV connector.

This is the same company that released and sold the New 3DS without a power charger included in the box. Of course it's a scam.

ITT: dron es defending this shit

In my opinion, a company would not gut a feature like that (since any feature a product has equals added bragging rights in marketing) if it weren't necessary, be it for keeping costs low or because the Switch literally can't activate the Console mode due to how it was designed heat-distribution-wise and clocking power-wise.

You can probably presume it's not there because it simply could not be there.

And Sony did the same for PS Classic, its really shitty of both of them, luckily the charger cables for the 3DS are cheap, but it's still scummy.

In that respect, I can play the entirety of the Ps3’s Library on a laptop so the PS3 is worthless

Should've had analog sliders instead of sticks.

i only ever used my switch handheld, so i got the lite. brother brought my switch off of me, since he has been saving so it worked out. really, my only concern is when the analog sticks are gonna drift, because it seems from a teardown video they are exactly the same analog sticks (differences might exist but its hard to tell at a glance)

at least it seems much easier to open and replace the shit if i really have to

That's what I agree on, lite might not be capable for up-scaled gaming. But still I believe that removing video out wasn't necessary.

> ITT: third worlders can't read or meme

Can I get a firsthand opinion on actual problems I've heard of, like the D-pad being inadequate?

I love the switch. It has one of the best exclusive console libraries in a long time, plus amazing 3rd party support. But the switch lite is dumb. The switch is already "lite" and thin enough as it is. With all the third party grip options available to make the damn thing actually comfortable to hold, you think they would get the message smaller isn't always better. It's not just Nintendo either, there's this push to make electronics as small and think as possible, sacrificing comfort and functionality for a few extra mm. And there is no reason this shouldn't work with video out. In fact, I would not be surprised if someone released a 3rd party cable that worked with the USB port. Unless Nintendo is dillbertly disabling the video output through software. And I get the idea of wanting a smaller unit you got throw in your pocket and take with you, but the switch lite is still not small enough to do that. That's the kicker. You will still have to chuck it in a bag or case to take it with you, might is well go with a normal switch with a bigger screen and the ability to dock to a TV.

I don't mind the lite version of the switch, the only concern i have is the joycons, as we all know they prone to start drifting very early because of cheap shinesse joystick, if they keep using those it's gonna be a big yikes for me.

*chinese