This was supposed to be the greatest video game ever made, Yea Forums...

This was supposed to be the greatest video game ever made, Yea Forums. It was supposed to be about PTSD and how power corrupts you until you don't recognize yourself anymore and you justify your actions by claiming it's for the greater good. I wanted to become a demon. I wanted to take back what my country took from me after I was made to kill my mentor which set me on a path where I couldn't return home because I didn't have one anymore. Because I didn't recognize my home country or the people who I had once sworn to protect.

I wanted to recruit the outliers of the world, the ones who would pledge their loyalty to a country with no borders and who didn't have a home to return to either. Zanzibarland would be their home and I wanted to create it away from the elite who determine who should die for them to keep the "peace". Mother Base was supposed to be a safe haven for a scared young girl and her surrogate brother who I would take under my wing and nurse back to health or a young but confident blonde assassin who had a knack for sniper rifles.

Instead I got to be a voiceless nobody who's identity, name, and even face were a lie. Who had no character or personality for me to care about. A random grunt who was Fultoned years prior is somehow just as capable as a legendary hero. Who builds a completely useless and replaceable base that has no connection to the rest of the series. Who recruits a sniper who has no impact on the current story or events that take place in the future. This was supposed to give meaning and a weight to the handshake scene in 3. It was supposed to be the conclusion to John's arc while also being the beginning of his sons'. Giving his story to Venom and splitting his legendary status among two men does a disservice to what Big Boss had gone through. Venom didn't deserve the title. What had he done to earn to be called Big Boss?. John lost everything when he was sent to kill the woman he loved.

MGS needs closure. As do I.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 806K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J1Bu1lDD2So?t=51
youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
youtu.be/VOUeR1v5uZ4?t=245
youtu.be/rW10nD-44jc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>A random grunt who was Fultoned years prior is somehow just as capable as a legendary hero.
Yeah, that's the point of the game.

Big Boss's feats (as least what the world knows) was simply marketing on the part of Venom and Ocelot. Venom was there to make the legend of Boss a reality, and to a meta extent give the player a way to create their own 'legend'. The title of Boss is meaningless without the soldier.

It got a closure with MGS4. MGSV was great, you are retarded.

>create a Big Boss from a regular guy just to have a YOU'RE THE REAL BIG BOSS, ARIGATO GAMER KUN!!!
>Still create 3 clones that the entire series is based around
Genius Kojima

>Entire twist depends on people not remembering Big Boss didn't have a giant fucking horn sticking out of his skull in MGS4.

Attached: 1560425499168.jpg (640x603, 44K)

The point is that the legend of Big Boss is retarded and even a second rate combat medic can pull it off. The entire reason he has clones in the first place is because everybody bought into the hype.

John never wanted to be idolized, he just wanted to give soldiers a nation of their own.

Read it all in Miller's voice.

Do you still seethe over Raiden being the protagonist of MGS2 aswell?

His body was rebuilt almost from nothing in MGS4, so you could at least assume they removed it.

The real shame is that everyone figured out the twist from the fucking trailers, first from the WHAT ABOUT HIM line and then from the fact that medic had slightly modified Kiefer's voice.

THIS MISSION BRINGS US ONE STEP CLOSER TO TAKING ON CYPHER, SNAKE!
Guess what never fucking happens.

We got our closure with MGS4. Sure MGSV would be amazing and bring it to a full close, but it didn’t.

It really isn’t bad, we got MGS1-4 and the story ended. It had a good run and MGSV proves it had to end.

No because that game actually pulled it off perfectly and made you question how we view our hero figures. Raiden was a better representation of the player than the medic ever could be because we could see Snake as always being one step ahead of us while the real Big Boss was nowhere until the very end and we find out he fucked off on a motorcycle.

Technically it does in a sense, but people never got their Metal Gear 1 remake on top of MGS V being half-baked.

people didnt understand MGSV, in few years it will be hailed as masterpiece by everyone just like MGS2

Attached: MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Ash-Face.jpg (1000x563, 83K)

there's nothing to get.

thats what you think simpleton

Not to mention the prosthetic arm

Based user

>WHAT ABOUT HIM
?

>He forgot
youtu.be/J1Bu1lDD2So?t=51

>A random grunt who was Fultoned years prior is somehow just as capable as a legendary hero
I mean, what are you arguing, that BB came out of the womb pulling CQC moves on unsuspecting nurses?

That making a Big Boss is easy so why need clones?

MGS4 had characters forgetting which eye he was missing

>Easy
They needed an already talented soldier and years of brainwashing, not to mention in the big scheme of things all Venom did was live as a distraction for enemies and as a fake idol for allies

And you're ignoring for example that the clones do seem to be still better, Eli is only a kid and still gives you problems. Also why on earth are you trying to present the clones idea as something perfectly rational?

We got closure in MGS2 though. Everything after that is non-canon.

The trailers showed the horn getting bigger so a lot assumed the shrapnel would be working its way out of Venom's head throughout the game. The real moment the twist fell apart was the Medic having a pitch shifted Keifer voice and literally just having a Keifer face as well.

As stated already, niggas bought into the hype that was Boss. He's just a fucking soldier.

IWhat i do want to know is how did you conclude that this will be great? Everything from the promotional material was showing it to be garbage. Gameplay changes were terrible. Fucking trailer had to be speed up so you wouldn’t fall asleep from boredom. Story seemed retarded, unrelated and out of place. Scenes in trailers were meaningless. Voice acting was dry. Honestly after piece of shit that was peace walker i knew that this will be horrible and everything i saw leading to it only confirmed it. But i will admit even i was stunned at how bad the story ended

Except no other soldier pulled off what he did in this series. Entire series was building his legend and in the end it ended up shitting on it just for the sake od random LOL GAMER YOU CAN BE VIC BOSS TOO. Well done. Kojima is a hack and he doesn’t care

>defeat a gigantic tank, steered by a literal superhuman thunderman
>h-he's just a soldier, logic dictates that anyone could've done what he did

kojimadrones will never cease to amaze me

MGSV is pure ludonarrative kinography and all your seething only adds to its value

Attached: curXa7f.jpg (1639x922, 98K)

>Fucking trailer had to be speed up so you wouldn’t fall asleep from boredom.
Maybe you're just not into stealth games.
>Honestly after piece of shit that was peace walker
Peace Walker was a fucking masterpiece.

Attached: pw_pupa.jpg (480x272, 45K)

Why do you come into MGS threads and whine about 'Kojimadrones'. You know it's just a game right?

>This was supposed to be the greatest video game ever made
Why, because it had a bunch of ebin cinematic trailers?

>MGS needs closure
How the fuck was MGSV going to give closure when it's a prequel and MGS4 already ended the entire plot?

Because the redditors who spammed DUDE LE NUCLEAR XD threads are now in a campaign against Kojima for his betrayal of not making MGSV a movie.
They are also the ones doing that scortched earth campaign against Death Stranding.

>dude he fucking threw Volgin on the ground and then rolled on him a couple of times, no one else could have done that!

>PW was a master piece
Well there you have it retard. You can blame yourself for having mgsV the way it is. So enjoy it and fuck off

>We never got our MGS where we witness the horror of Raiden being transformed into the Cyborg Ninja while we see Solid deal with rapid aging
>We never got our remake of Metal Gear 1
>Konami is lazy and will never ever bother porting MGS4 to modern platforms, it'll always be stuck on the PS3 which couldn't even run it at 720p.
>They don't even seem to want to rerelease the ones Kojima already had remastered, so I gotta keep the PS3 hooked up to enjoy the full series

Lightning defeated that tank you fucking doomer.

T.retard

You should at least play the games before shitposting

What's most disappointing is MGSV could have been the game we wanted. Some of its early missions are pure perfection, the first part of this game definitely is on par with my expectations. The gameplay, the cutscenes, the memorable speeches, everything was perfect. Like many, I went into this game head first on release day while ignoring everything about it, and I thought it was a fucking great game, I was absolutely hooked, just like I was with GZ.

I just expected the story to kick in harder at some point, and to see things start unfolding, and just as I was getting ready to reach the meat of the game, it all abruptly ended.

I'm still glad I got that first perfect half of a game, I just regret we're missing the other half. Cue phantom pain jokes.

Attached: Am I sitting in a tin can.jpg (500x463, 37K)

Salem?. Hell they point this out in mgs2.

Anyone can become snake with proper training and upbringing. At the end of the day all the Metal gear protagonist are just soldiers.

The character development I've lost.
The final chapter I've lost.
It feels like it's still there.
You feel it too, don't you?

Cringe

MARKER PLACED
MARKER REMOVED

Attached: 1531313103700.jpg (498x450, 67K)

unironically the defining game of our generation

Promised everything
Given nothing.

Unintentional kino

>That making a Big Boss is easy so why need clones?
Because Venom was created by Big Boss & Ocelot
The clones were created by Zero/The Patriots
Different people; different methods.
Why don't you fucking go and play the games?

Its gameplay and "level design" is fucking shit, mate.

Kojimbo doesn't make good games, PARTS of MGS1 and the first half of MGS2 are exceptions.

i want to rape kohaku

Ok kid
I for one just wanted a good MGS game and didn't get it

its not as good as mgs3 but its pretty great
and what does "supposed to" mean you dumb fucking hypetard

She'd rape (You)

>Except no other soldier pulled off what he did in this series.
What the fuck did Big Boss pull off?

Virtuous Mission: Failure
Snake Eater: Eva took the legacy, The Boss' role was to lose, Skullface was helping him the whole time
Peace Walker: The bitch sunk itself
Ground Zeroes: The entire thing was a trap he fell for
Everything after that: Most of it was Venom then he got killed by his son. Twice.

Big Boss is a fuckin loser and is shown to be a loser in every game he's in.

Fucking MGSV, holy shit, i fucking hate that game.

MGS3 has great gameplay. The amount of fuckery you can pull on the guards is a high point in the franchise. If you get a kick out of messing with AIs your best choices are the Hitman series and MGS3.

MGS2 opposes this though and if you want to go even harder on it, it goes through with it to the extent that the player specifically is the person who cannot become Snake.

Eva didn't take the legacy. Even shows in the cinematic Snake taking out the real film while the vignette of Eva has the fake, Ocelot eventually gets a hold of it after the mission.
>GZ
The game explicitly states they knew it was a trap, Skoolman knew that they would know it was a trap, they didn't care, they needed to get Chico back.

Most of it was Venom, with Ocelot at his back.
MGS V closed out Big Boss's climax on a wet fart.

I think he meant why go through all the trouble of making clones of a legendary soldier when some random jackass can do twice as crazy shit

>We are not your kind of people
I want to go back

Attached: Kiryu.gif (500x370, 3.57M)

Because Zero didn't want some wannabe posing as Big Boss.
He wanted the real thing and since he couldn't have Big Boss he settled down for the closest thing to him: a clone.

>Eva didn't take the legacy. Even shows in the cinematic Snake taking out the real film while the vignette of Eva has the fake, Ocelot eventually gets a hold of it after the mission.

Whoops you're right, I always thought she took the real thing. Turns out the Metal Gear Solid series has a lot of plot points.

Why did they make snake when they could've just dropped a random guy with a rocket arm and a dog in and killed everyone in a 400 mile radius

See

I liked venom snake more than i liked big boss or solid snake
With what little we see if venom he's genuinely fucked in the head subconsciously thinking this is what the heroic and loving big boss would do
When he finds out the truth you can just see the look of utter detachment until he walks into the smoke
He's gonna die used as tool for a greater power just like the boss was used as tool but both for different reasons
Shame about the rest of the game though

I'm more disappointed by the subtle but obviously terrible game design choices. The slope sliding animation that puts you at the exact precipice of just triggering it again on your next movement input, for example.

>People flipping out over a twist set up decades ago in Metal Gear 1 and 2.

>LET'S DO THE MGS2 TWIST AGAIN BUT WITH A FRACTION OF THEMATIC DEPTH
Goddamn Kojima you massive retard

>he thinks mgs2 is deep

Where's that retard who was saying an open world suited MGS more than it did The Witcher 3? I need to laugh at him.

Pre-Act 2
>wow I can't wait to see what happens
>this game is amazing holy shit
>I can't wait to see what happens to Kaz, I bet Ocelot's going to do some crazy shit too, and I wonder whatever happened to Chico, he couldn't have just died like that, pretty obvious loose plot thread
Post-Act 2
>

Attached: tim allen licking eisenhower.jpg (319x319, 23K)

None of this is the problem, the problem is that Kojima was out of touch with its own series and its fanbase due too being too far up his own ass and thought MGS fans want Ubisoft garbage with a dead open world instead of, like, MGS.

God I miss the days when Phantom Pain wasn't released yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9JV0EvCkMI
This one is the best trailer though. Hoping Death Stranding end up being a decent Phantom Pain expansion pack.

Attached: Take solace in the fact that the best girl of the franchise came out of it..jpg (1024x768, 167K)

>MGS needs closure
That's MGS4. Everything after can be ignored.

>game is bad because I didn't like the story

Venom was made for suffering literally

never ever

youtu.be/VOUeR1v5uZ4?t=245

Elaborate on the "horror" part.

youtu.be/rW10nD-44jc
I still miss the Joost

Male to female

WOLBACHIA

Attached: have sex.png (1256x1300, 440K)

>Some of its early missions are pure perfection
This.
The mission where you rescue Miller is excellent

ASS TO MOUTH

>A random grunt who was Fultoned years prior is somehow just as capable as a legendary hero.
Most of the grunts you fulton in both games are just about as capable as Big Boss when you play as them. I don't see the problem here

Attached: 1561670723025.png (181x191, 93K)

>Everything after MGS4 had better gameplay than MGS4 and takes place before MGS4.

What a fucking brainlet

Attached: Hayters Performance in Peace Walker.jpg (738x415, 48K)

>It got a closure with MGS4.

Then what right does this game have to exist? All this excuse does is change TPP from 50% filler to 100% filler.

its fun

>This was supposed to be the greatest video game ever made, Yea Forums
>Proceeds to explain how elements of story were ruined rather than gameplay

Typical Kojimaboys

Before release I assumed the horn was going to start working itself out of his head giving the appearance that it was growing larger. Near the end of the game, after everything from the morally ambiguous to the outright reprehensible, there would be a scene of carnage that the camera would pan around. And as the camera approaches Big Boss's legs, you would hear the sound of a metallic object hitting the ground. Camera reaches his legs, you see the horn at his feet. Camera pans up to show Big Boss, horn gone, with no care or concern for this horrific event to represent his transition from a soldier who fights because it's all he knows to a soldier who creates an endless cycle of conflict because it's all that gives him value.

Would've been pretty on the nose, I know, but still better than what we got.

Awful theory, his brains would have spilled out if the horn fell out.

You don't get into the MGS series for gameplay my dude

You have no idea how humans heal from injury, do you?

>I've been MGS for 20 years because of the gameplay I swear!
Splinter Cell was better in that regard. Regardless of what you think story can make or break certain games

>Splinter Cell was better in that regard.
Uh no

I sure love forced fighting sections and 20 minute cutscenes in my stealth game

>Kojima is a hack and he doesn’t care
Ever since he made Metal Gear he wanted to move on and do other things. He hasn't cared since 1987.

Because money.

As do I.

I'm still laughing about the fact Nier Automata was closer to the themes i thought MGS5 is going to be about, including MC going utterly fucking nuclear as his ideals that justified him in his genocide crusade crumble all around him

Attached: 1541982812911.jpg (540x540, 75K)

There's been a lot of good stealth games but not a single one of them has "metal gear" in its title

Move on. Kojima has not given a shit about MGS after 2. It was intentional sabotage on his part.

>MGS needs closure. As do I.
watch it user, you are dangerously close to becoming caramel

It was pretty good. Yea Forums just didn't like the story, and we all know story is more important than gameplay.

>MGS needs closure. As do I.
Nah. V was unironically perfect. I fucking loved every second of it.

>I'm Caramel and you're too...

kek
That said there is closure since 4 and the entirety of V was unnecessary

>I'm already a schizo, Kaz..

I honestly hope Konami goes forward with a Kojima-less MGS6. And I hope it's the greatest game and story in the series and shows how much of a fucking hack Kojima is.

The gameplay was ruined by there being essentially no level design. And by emphasizing the fulton system which proceeded to take all the stakes out of the stealth.

Already did and it's called Metal Gear Survive, turned out really well

you have to gimp yourself m8

playing any of the previous MGS games on "normal" would also be retardedly easy

turn off all the hud, never use buddies besides the horse, never use the stealth suit, never use tranqs, never use silencers, never use fulton, and you'll have a fucking game

it was the most fun i've ever had with the game. you wander into an enemy base with just some camo and an unsilenced pistol and you don't have x-ray vision

get infinite heaven so you can deploy without an assault rifle. you can also get some custom made side ops and i hear they recently have started making main missions too

big boss ?

>he's comming too ?