Risk of Rain 2

imagine not maining Artificer

Attached: risk of rain laughing survivors.png (1078x1134, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hopooo.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arti NEEDS to be flat!

Firstish for PSN: ZiggityZewce

Where is Bandit
Why did they cancel it

>He doesn't main Sawblade MUL-T, Mercenary, or Loader
The virgin ranged survivors, against the CHAD melee thrivers.

Attached: 1553998137901.png (1998x890, 949K)

Reposting it here.

I mean just let her have cowboy pants?
have no idea why you made her have ultra long legs, especially with that walk cycle.

Just make her still wear her rig and bionic legs but show the goods, aka belly, rack and butt.
Give her some big tits that rest on the rack, a clear view of her abs and a butt that overflows those tight bionic legs.

Attached: buckled-legs-leather-cowboy-chaps.jpg (1200x1200, 125K)

said the N word

Why is she so fun bros?

Attached: Risk of Rain 2 Fresh!.png (1600x800, 1.85M)

>needing iframes and super mobility to melee
don't think you're on the level of saw mul-t, iframecucks

hotpoop is a faggot who reads these threads and he doesn't want us to have nice things.

He's playable, he's literally 90% done, he just thinks he's "boring and not coming out"

my wife loader is so FUN

For artificer's one shot challenge I just need the boss to die when I hit them, right? There's no time limit like engineer?

hopoo is probably harvesting data from the people who modded in bandit and is using that to tune his final release after the early access schedule

no time limit but the moment it takes even 1 damage the timer starts

she has long legs by default
don't spread your shit taste
chaps fucking suck

I'm uh.. not good as artificer, how do I get good with xer?

>literally loverslab tier modding
nobody wants huge skyrim tits and asses

how the fuck is this even possible unless i cheese the fuck out of rng and reroll for a crowbar printer or something?

Attached: 1554427080619.jpg (1250x560, 495K)

Absolutely best girl.

Attached: aka.png (537x225, 197K)

pray you get a feather and then spam jump while spamming M1 M2 from as long of a range as possible

never use flamethrower unless you are 100% sure it is safe

also you should go to the Lunar Shop ASAP so you can replace your shitty frost wall with that ghost dash thing that heals you

He is boring though. At the very least he would need a new R. I wouldn't mind a molotov or dynamite that you could manually, with assisted aim, shoot while in the air to have AOE anti-air/wisp and obviously an explosion on the ground that could leave a fire AOE

hey don't go posting cropped screenshots from my game

source?
this better not be futa garbage

Let's be honest. If you don't have the DPS to simply buzzsaw your way through all obstacles is there even any point to playing this game?

Shaped Glass a bunch, and shoot a Preon like half a second after you activate the portal and hope you aimed in the right location

headstompers + glass + crowbars
you can get max stompers power easily by using the new R for height
or just get like 5 glass and oneshot it with charged m2

It is futa

you cheese the fuck out of rng until you get crowbars,AP rounds, and glass on your way to the security box on delta

Also press F for the poor fucks that didn't get the Merc challenge done this week.

Attached: 1554692400815.jpg (597x569, 209K)

Because punching

Attached: Giant Fist.jpg (1050x1900, 765K)

Cycle through your skills so nothing is ever off cool down. Use big orb for big dick damage. Circle strafe around mobs when it's too dangerous, and only ever use the laser on slow enemies that get too close to you unless you have a fuckton of mobility, though it's great for bosses and procs well.

Have you seen her walk cycle?
Either she has long leg and a disability or she's wearing robo legs.

Why would I main artificer when I can fly around with loader?

can someone update this to make loader female

>garbage
Don't talk to me or my Artificer ever again.

Attached: tags.png (213x530, 18K)

yeah well there ain't fixin that and if you want an ass like that you will get the same thing

but user, holding spacebar and hovering while throwing out a couple fireballs that miss is the BEST way to play the game
just let everyone else do all the work and stare at your big tiddy artificer

The Bandit in the files got updated to have his hat fall off when he dies, and got some changes to his skills. I wouldn't count him out just yet.
HAN-D also has minor skill changes too. I'm thinking they may have a more finished version of them that they keep scrubbing out of the releases because they don't want to get peoples' hopes up if they don't actually come out.

>Also press F for the poor fucks that didn't get the Merc challenge done this week.
Huh? I'm in the middle of a trip and haven't had a chance to play. What's going on.

Arti needs to be FAT!

or maybe its because shes carrying a 300 kg harness with giant hydraulic arms with nothing to support it but her delicious toned legs

Man that really gives me hope for post-release content since we know the last two characters are new.

ENGINEER FOR LIFE!!!!
LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!!!

I named them Timmy and Jimmy

Attached: Untitled.png (1069x596, 651K)

It can be fixed if you still make her legs or part of her legs robotic.
You don't have to lose the long legs but making her model have long legs implies she has a mental disorder that makes her walk weird.

People carrying 300kg of harness does not tip toe around.

Post-release content is planned.
Source: hopooo.tumblr.com/

Attached: ror post release.png (792x365, 40K)

fuck gay ass bandito, where is the sniper

fuck you gay sniper niggers, where the fuck is Chef?

Attached: risk of rain chef.png (250x400, 8K)

Merc's special skill challenge is doing a prismatic challenge without losing health, this week's challenge consisted of two immediate topaz brooches and then the second stage had a topaz printer and a battery on delta so you could one shot the boss while having topaz. Unless Hopoo just makes every trial that easy to do without damage again it's going to suck ass to get it until another one like it rolls around.

Unlocking one of Merc's skills requires you to complete a prismatic trial with 100% health the entire way through. The last seed had a perfect Topaz setup that allowed to take barrier damage to stay at 100%, and now it's gone.

It's a shame they are a straight downgrade from the old turrets.

They have bigger damage but the shittiest AI i ever seen

Attached: 1568935094189.png (490x367, 319K)

extreme lower range which gets in the way

Do they at least have a lower cooldown? I'd like a more disposable version of turrets for the late game when the default aren't reliable at all.

What about the new mines? Are they any good?

Does goat hoof affects them?

I think the CD is higher and they die alot more

Someone post the data file cheevo name for the 100% health challenges I'm fucking done

new mines walk fast to enemy doing 600% damage
complete sidegrade

shes not tip toe'ing
shes doing her own custom OC ed edd n eddy run cycle

Yep...and no more fungus strat

When you edit in your skills does it check off the challenge in your logbook or just give you the skill regardless of not having the challenge listed as complete?

>go on Drizzle
>have loader friend
>loader gets shaped glass, crowbars, AP rounds, etc.
>oneshot boss

just kys

as an unbiased master i would say out of all the old characters that i would like to see return it would probably be chef or miner

They have such a hard time actually attacking shit I've had a hard time actually gauging how much damage they do.
The new mines and the buff the old ones got are both great.

is the new merc 4 skill even worth it

Anybody tried the Blast Shower equipment yet? It seems like it'd be great for late game, where scraping against a flaming elite usually results in an instagib without the proper setup.

Attached: 1554514805075.png (818x764, 43K)

How do I into Monsoon on Solo?

Attached: 1547772770853.jpg (270x187, 5K)

Not for anything more than fucking around. It's fun, but then so is the default, but the default gives way more utility that greatly outweighs having a ranged AoE attack.

going fast is a meme
clean each stage of items
farm for legendary chest on abyssal depths
get good lunar items

It's nice, but giving up the i-frames isn't worth it at all

Malachite debuff can be extremely frightening too. I'm still waiting to find out if you can use it as rehab for your crippling spinel tonic addiction.

just sprint and it looks fine

Attached: plan.jpg (680x738, 112K)

They need more range for sure, even disregarding the AI suiciding them too often.

I recently took the artificer pill, she's TOO strong and that second R should be reworked really.

finally did it boys now to unlock the new abilities for him

Attached: Risk_of_Rain_2_EcOig6PBHp.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

It purges projectiles too so I assume it clears all the malachite crap on the ground

Her new R lowers her potential damage but makes her nigh unkillable. I want it to stay but maybe it shouldn't toss you up without any downsides.

Ya they really seem it like walking of ledges while fighting and the lack of fungus and ability to benefit from your bubble really hurt their durability.

you just listed the downsides.

I was thinking of a frontal conical lightning burst that stuns enemies and has extra damage to bosses(?)

artifact mod WHERE

>Unlock the shit on Huntress
>Maybe this will make her not completely frustrating to play
>The blink adds nothing and robs me of vertical mobility
>The snipe does fuckall for damage for it's cooldown
>Dunestrider boss on stage two. Rainstorm
>Find a glitchy spot to hammer him and the other enemies from complete safety
>Even all my skills combined can't beat it cause the damage output of the snipe is garbage
>Starts to SUCC
>Can't even kill the mass of mobs efficiently
>Heals to full when I had him to 10% hp

Who would design such malicious retardation? Why did I even waste time unlocking these? Someone fucking kill me. I just wanted to have fun.

Attached: 1497158464926.png (1024x682, 77K)

Is it even worth it using commando new R at all ? It's fun and nice for group of enemies, but its really useless against flying enemies and fast enemies. Really rough for early game too.

Second R is really strong, and you don't give up on THAT much DPS if you actually try to use the explosion offensively,but goddamn is it boring to use. You just get infinite flight from the start, so there's less feeling of progression, and even if you're working it into your spell rotations it's an instant cast so early game you have to spend some time waiting for cooldowns holding M1 unlike with flamethrower. It's just not fun doing that. Brings back the feelings I had when I first unlocked her and wasn't used to her spell rotation gimmick.

>unlocked loadouts for mul-t and loader

Who should I go for next? Who's new skills are the most fun/viable. I was thinking of commando but I always end up dying early with him.

Attached: 1540818270530.jpg (754x1059, 127K)

I don't really use lunar items but spending your lunars coins for shops for a chance of finding a good red item when you feel you're going slow is always worth it.

>>The snipe does fuckall for damage for it's cooldown
It does more damage than rain of arrows for the same cooldown and provides a godly Crowbar opener for midgame.
>Remove half a boss' HP instantly just by having 2 or 3 Crowbars and starting with a Snipe

Artificer is unironically tons of fun and her 4 skill variant is really good

Commando's shotgun fixes the dying early problem, so kill an overloading worm on drizzle.

I just obliterated on monsoon for all the characters I give a shit about, solo
Feels like I just fucked a super model, especially after all the shit runs I got

Attached: 20190921005410_1.jpg (1920x1080, 343K)

Losing Flamethrower isn't a huge deal when being that close early game is risky when you could just float and rain down hell

>command artifact mod is so broken that you can't even stack items

It's fantastic for the lategame. If you're not running a gesture build, it's currently my go-to for lategame especially as a secondary on MUL-T. Removing malachite and flame debuffs is incredibly valuable.

The rain is better cause it can churn a mass of enemies at the same time and solve multiple problems at once. The snipe is less than mediocre by comparison.

>new Artificer M2
Not sure if I like it. Not many times I can recall wanting to pierce shit.

the problem is rotations
with the new R, even when I drop down to cast it on enemies I find there is a LOT of downtime if you don't get backup mags.

I just got back into the game and unlocked the loader
what are the items i generally want to go for and how do i use the skills properly, i get the super punch damage is based on speed so a bit of movement items would help yeah?

I thought overloading worms only spawn in the later waves. Guess I'll go for him and arti for right now.

Attached: 1543284723580.jpg (729x823, 59K)

>try to play the game
>can't locate chests for shit
>FPS drop even faster than before the update
>too poor to buy a new computer

do you actually like his new r? i cant justify using it personally

>I always end up dying early with him.
Kill an overloading worm, and his new shotgun will fix that
I also recommend huntress and merc. I have zero complaints about huntress's new skills, I think they are straight upgrades, and I really like merc's m2 (its the easier one to get). Commando's long road mission reward fucking sucks, dont bother, but again just kill an overloading worm.
after obliterating on monsoon with his merc's r, I have mixed feelings about it and Ive ultimately decided its equal to his base r but they are both better for different purposes which I think its excellent game design. Its better early, and it hits more things at once, but you lose out on iframes, its not a dash, and you can miss it unless you throw it at the ground
obtaining merc's r is a fucking nightmare, just cheat it in, hopoo will definitely adjust this awful challenge. I did it legit, and It wasn't even worth the effort or the time, and with new prismatic trial seeds, it will be even harder.

Main draws are faster projectile speed for long range shots, and freeze for executing elites. WHICH STILL GETS REPLACED BY ONLY HAVING TWO GUILLOTINES AND OVERSHADOWED IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE FUCK THAT STUPID ITEM FOR RUINING THE FREEZE GIMMICK
Blast is still better for AoE in most cases you can go for it, though ice spear can hit multiple spread out bosses more easily. Also blast has the shocks which is nice for free damage, though it can ruin crowbars.

I've gotta disagree. Huntress' main weakness is single beefy targets like bosses, golems and greater wisps. If you don't have a lot of attack speed, and there are no enemies nearby to bounce glaive off of they're a real problem for her. New R fixes that, and glaive is still really strong for most situations rain was good for.

buy a single part at a time

any hosts?

how do I into fast?

>oneshot by a literal invisible projectile from malachite beetle guard

Be loader and pretend to be spiderman.

try to beat every level on the first loop in under 5 minutes

ok, halp. Since the update I get periodic microstutters when using mods. I deleted all old mods properly and let steam verify the files, then re-installed the updated mods again, but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

Attached: 1536720747706.png (736x547, 20K)

first boss overloading stone golem horde, but with 2 overloading ones and 5 regular
FIX YOUR SHIT HOPOO

post the booby mod pls i missed it

what mods do i need? not letting me connect

not your fault, its the r2api that causes it

I kinda gushed about it here heres a tldr: its riskier but hurts more early

its better at different things. they have the opposite strength and weakness. its not a dash, but its ranged, so its safer to just chuck at enemies while you are regening or waiting on your shift cooldown.
its alot riskier to use for wisps because you will probably miss, but its way more reliable for ground enemies, not to mention I actually used the uppercut for wisps more than my shift. You don't actually have to hit an enemy directly, its a projectile that """explodes""" and even if you place it a little off, enemies can walk into the aftermath while its still going.

the real determing factor, I feel, is what you want for the run. the windslash does more total damage in the early game, which makes it useful for runs where you just want to rush to obliteration. When I use eviscerate, I usually just kill one small fry or chunk a golem. But now, I can kill 3 wisps, or 3 lumerians, 3 beetles, or hurt a boss and get an easy will o wisp proc, ect. You are MUCH weaker to vagrants in particular, because you have to know when to walk away from them now instead of just timing eviscerate, But I end up killing the other bosses more efficiently. I feel eviscerate is better suited for a really long late game past seven stages where the attack speed benefits start to kick in and it hits more times per cast, but its also "safer" in general.

I think Guillotine was necessary, it just now means they have to rework Ice Wall to be useful. Maybe if you kill a frozen enemy, it shatters and sends projectiles into nearby enemies that slows them? The slow aspect means fucking nothing because of mid game power spikes but early game having slows isn't bad

fug, but thanks!

thanks for you feedback, might give it another shot

Attached: 1554962300041.png (700x440, 150K)

new room

>finally get a commando run going
>stage 7, holy shit i might actually do it
>BLAZING CLAY TEMPLAR
>HORDE OF MANY
fuck hopoo and fuck this game

You can use his Shift to dodge Vagrant stuff, since it has I-frames

cant join

implying I actually get guillotines to drop

Im just not that good
eviscerate has way more iframes, but if you can get by with just shift, I commend you

So War Horn works off of Gnarled Woodsprite being activated even if you don't send it anywhere thus giving you a nearly 100% uptime without a battery. Commando turns into an absolute minigun if you stack them and abuse it like this.

>Get to celestial portal in under 25 minutes with loader
>Don't get credit for it
Why, why can't you make your game work right you assholes

Thick commando WHEN

theres a bug where the difficulty timer is different than the actual time that passes, so if you spend a few minutes in the bazaar or fighting in gilded coast the time that passes still counts against you

Is the HP healing nerf really fucking necessary hopoo?

>Sequenced gestures/tonic/fuel cells before obliteration for giggles
honestly couldn't tell if it was more or less fire rate than before

Attached: unknown.png (887x89, 64K)

Is there a way to use mods without needing to install bepin since that shit has not been updated yet?

Thanks doc

Randy doesn't think he's badass enough

bepin doesn't need to be updated offten its the other apis that do and they are.

So you want Ashe
me too desu, it's a fun mechanic

Attached: ashe2[1].jpg (1661x931, 123K)

Slows are pretty good if you have a long term AoE. Like imagine how bad Huntress' arrow rain would be without the slow. Artificier is almost certainly getting a fire replacement for the ice wall, so if it's a fire wall/AoE that would likely synergize well with slows.
Even if that were the case I'd like the freeze execute to stay in place, but be buffed by guillotines even if that means having to nerf their gains from stacking a bit.

Huntress dash is really disappointing. Especially considering that "keeping up your sprint" with the normal one is just something that's instantly done with a single button press and really just tedious as fuck rather than an "advantage" for the short shit dashes.
Hope they rework that shit.
Also, PERMANENT TELEPORTER MARKING FUCKING WHEN HOTPOO.

Mash shift while aiming at him so you get at least two dashes of iframes. If you can consistently do it with evis I bet you can do it with shift as well. Just wait a half a second(or what feels like half a second in the moment, it'll probably be less) longer than you do with evis.
Think of how pro you felt when you first learned to do it with evis. Now you can dab on all those crutch evis users because you are the real mario kart triple dash professional. Disclaimer: I do not actually think eviscerate is a crutch. I think it is clearly the best option if your goal is to maximize your chances of winning.

He's not boring he's fun, his dynamite needed to be changed though, and somebody fixed it good. Outside of that he's basically new commando, only with other interesting kit bits with execute stuff and the invisible dash. He and commando could be real interesting yin/yang thing but NOPE hotpoop says he bad.

the mark teleporter mod is now a 100% required mod for me because of the fucking scorched acres

>

Attached: 1555433074406.jpg (667x645, 87K)

I wish hopoo would introduce a cool robot like this instead of a shitter like rex.

Activating woodsprite sends it to yourself which is useful even if it's not currently on a teammate because it instantly heals for like 10% of your max hp, and has a low cooldown. Horn is amazing with lower CD equipment. Stacking them just increases the length because the attack speed you get from just one is already so high. It's one of the few items that increases length on stack where you don't feel sad to get multiples.

It's pretty funny that everyone wants to make the same memes

Attached: ror_piss.png (1151x978, 133K)

I dont think it's that big of a deal desu. Only a real punch in the gut on monsoon, but now maybe we'll have less of this tryhard bullshit with folks thinking they're hot shit

People will do anything to feel better than you for the dumbest reasons. The monsoon ass fucking won't change that.

Where the hosts at

Attached: tt.png (849x717, 51K)

>abuse
did nobody tell you that woodsprite heals you for a 10% burst when you send it to yourself?

everything about your strat is intended.

My favorite thing about this patch is how many skills I see people so divided on whether they're easy auto-selects, or absolute shit why would you take that. It's a good sign they did the side-grades well.
You're right though, auto run should be enabled on all movement abilities if you were dashing before. Merc's default M2 is an obvious example.

The new sprint is more for in-combat side dodging since its based on WASD movement instead of where you are looking. I don't think I would go back to the old one since you don't really need more vertical movement than your R and M2 give you. Dodging Greater Wisps is trivial with the new shift.

You dont understand why keeping your sprint is so huge
the distance you travel scales with your move speed. If you have 20 goat hooves on commando, you will fucking fly even when standing still before pushing shift.
however, energy drinks only give a bonus "while sprinting", so commando and the base huntress blink will not get carried further by drinks, but exclusively by hooves.
because the new huntress dash maintains sprint properties, your distance now scales better with hooves as well as energy drinks AND the red whip. and you get fucking 3 of them (you almost get 4 because of the cooldown being independant of repeated casts). that is fucking huge.

not to mention, its just more combat oriented. Instead of using your dash to dodge 1 thing or cover distance, you can burn one dash to dodge a laser and still have 2 left. and since your dashes refresh cooldown while you are casting them, you can usually get 4 consecutive dashes.

>warhorns
>gesture
>royal capacitor
>fuel cells (optional)

BRTBTRBRTRBTBRBT

the only skills that are straight shit is merc's judgement cut and engi's turrets. Aside from that it's good, really wish Commando's nades exploded on contact or could cook.

The fuck? Which skills are people divided on?

How the fuck do I survive as Rex? His damage combo and sustain feel great, but I cannot for the life of me avoid getting hit on Monsoon. I see people giving Artificer shit, but Rex just feels like a giant fucking target.

I know the Hunteress is thick but God damn user

If you get enough dash speed items to make the new dodge worthwhile, you have enough dash speed items do dodge anything anyway.
It's not worth losing verticality for.

>RC
tonic
always tonic

I know in my heart that engie's walking turrets are are downgrade. their AI is retarded, they have piss poor range, they cant jump so they take the most roundabout routes possible, they dont sprint so soda cans are worthless on them, they never stay inside the bubble shield, the list just goes on.

but i just cant bring myself to give up my walking sons. They are too cute

Attached: hurts just a little bit.png (500x787, 96K)

>tonic
>when gesture+cells makes capacitor kill shit anywhere on the map just by looking at it
you're an idiot

>loader run
>find hoof printer
>find glasses printer
ONE PAAAAAAAAAAAANCH

Huntress' blink, huntress' arrow rain, merc m2, engie mines, arti flamethrower, and nano blast, MUL-T buzzsaw, and (to a smaller extend) commando's shotgun.

shitty game barely works
monsoon is shit

yea but how many items is enough for that? we aren't talking 7 for just "oh I don't have to dash to dodge"
keep in mind dashing is just faster than sprinting even with a lot of items. gonna hard disagree on that one.

i'm an official chadmando now

Attached: 20190921050809_1.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

>play for the first time after 3 months
>normal difficulty, commando for warmup
>die in the first stage
>okay I might be a bit rusty
>die in first stage again
>and again
>beat the first stage, die in the second one

I played enough to unlock everything on release, what the fuck did they do? Did they buff enemies or something, I legit don't understand.

>drizzlet mindset

so lay it on me, does Commando's shotgun make his early game survivability any better or is he still the late game wonder?

Attached: 1567914421689.jpg (1921x1921, 376K)

>take the new shadow walk lunar item that replaces your shift
>pretty dang good
>take another one to see how it stacks
>i'm stuck in the invincible float shit for twice as long after i hit the button
>annoying as fuck to use now

why is it like this

Attached: 1509830969450.jpg (1014x1024, 311K)

they nerfed regen because every difficulty had drizzle's regen
why the fuck dont you just read the patch notes. Why even bother playing a game you don't understand.
but thats pretty much it, you shouldnt be dying that much on rainstorm.

Health regin was turned down learn to dodge.

Are you the same retard from yesterday?

but you can instantly press sprint right after you finish your dash. It's just plain tedious. If they're so worried about the scaling, then just take it out but leave the sprint on. It's retarded. I forgot to mention the fact that you still can't outrun lasers other than just hiding behind something. Whether you have a bunch of small dashes or one big dash doesn't change a thing. I mean, what's the point of trying to dodge anything if the big titans just autolock their laser and fire away for 5 full secs and using your dash to "dodge" it, even if you go under him or whatever, he still just instalocks to where you're at. Not too mention that if you really want more dashes, you just get the damn afterburner, which also falls flat when you picked the "3 tiny dashes" skill.
It's terrible and needs at least another look.

Base regen got nerfed. Actually getting a healing item is good now, and you need to actually put in effort kill wisps instead of practically ignoring them from the start of the game. Getting a healing drone or even a gunner drone fixes this for the most part. Commando's effected by it more than others because of his shit early game, but you can fix that by unlocking his shotgun skill.
Also not getting hit is a good alternative to regen.

because you can combine it with transcendence for an on-demand full heal with a 6 second cooldown

>because every difficulty had drizzle's regen
Hopoo lied about that by the way.
Look at the code, there is no such indication that there was supposed to be different regen at all.

>early game survivability any better or is he still the late game wonder?
both
these things are not exclusive, but ok. yes he is still a late game wonder and they buffed suppressive fire. It fires more shots the more attack speed you have and not just 6
his shotgun is absolutely god like, and should always be taken for early game and late.

Because most blue items stacking them increases both their upsides and their downsides.
Fuck, why didn't I think of that that sounds amazing.

I havent talked about huntress dash at all until just now. theres alot of Yea Forumsiggers in these threads, chill bro

>they changed prismatic trial
welp guess I don't get to cheat the huntress skill

sniper aint comign homie, he just doesn't fit 3D
>imagine not maining rex

just get hardlight afterburner lmao

>main rex
>get carpal tunnel from m1 m2 spam

Attached: 1568980175163.jpg (540x390, 34K)

>tfw keep dieing stage 6 monsoon to malachite cunts
what the fuck does this spooky green element do? do i kill the green guys first?

Attached: 1568891271691.jpg (795x595, 62K)

throw a dice to see if you get good items
throw a dice to see if using your skill works as intended and doesnt just kill you for some reason
epic dice throwing skills

USwest monsoon

it's nice damage for sure, makes killing that first boss a decent bit quicker

You can cheese the huntress skill by going to the mountain that sometimes has the timed chest on top. From there you can get above the map easily to where no enemies spawn, and no enemies will pursue. Then just have a friend clear the level while you hide. Greater wisps may try to snipe you though I don't know for sure, but I waited like 5 minutes to see if anything would attack me and nothing did.

i have no idea, but god damn do they hurt

>farm for legendary chest
>Moonjump
Why does this item fucking exist

I wanted to go in blind, why would I spoil the new shit by reading patch notes? I wasn't even following most of the news the past few months, just heard there was a new big update and immediately decided to give it a spin.

That said, really hope they go back on that decision. Commando was already enough of a slog to play, being forced to now play it twice as safe because otherwise you die to wisps sneezing at you is fucking retarded.

Throw off spike balls that stick in the ground and do tons of damage if you walk into them. Also they debuff you to disallow all healing for a while if they hit you. I honestly don't really know what the urchin dudes they summon do aside from spit at you, but they never seemed that threatening compared to the elite itself.

Their stated plan is to leave monsoon regen as it is now, and increase rainstorm's regen to a middle ground between monsoon and drizzle then give base regen buffs to any survivors who really need it.

im a commando main, his new shotgun fixes all of his weaknesses
just kill an overloading worm on any difficulty

why did hotpoo not add discord rich presence yet?
they have an official discord server and have the same feature integrated on steam

>leave monsoon as it is
>buff rainstorm
But why? Rainstorm is still far too easy, even with the reduced regen. Monsoon was just fine before, now it's a pain.

>no fall damage
>more time in the air
>way to drop rapidly
it's nice! Way better than the stinky mask and frost relic

is merc's uppercut objectively better for the playstyle he encourages or should i still use the spinning slash

also what's the deal with the invuln judgement cut vs. the ranged sword move, i've come to really like the judgement cut to use as another dash

>Cleanse all negative effects. Includes debuffs, damage over time, and nearby projectiles.
>and nearby projectiles
b-bros

US West Monsoon

Ranged attack vs dash and iframes basically

Getting hit by them stops your healing entirely - but they also hit like a fucking truck and because most are big enemies, anything will likely chunk you (90% of your max HP).

Keep them at a distance while whittling them down, or if you're Merc/Loader dash in and out for big hits while watching that you don't step into the Malachite spikes. Guillotines are essential because of their huge HP pools.

Main reason I stopped playing him. M2 mash is too much. Even the option for toggle would be nice, just take my health but leave my wrists alone

>Yea Forums: monsoon should be easy

Attached: 1567670807632.png (300x300, 95K)

3/4 gogo

At least they make him somewhat fun to play.

Monsoon is fine now. It is difficult because it is the hard mode. When you choose monsoon it literally says "You will die".
Rainstorm still gets into 'fuck up and get one shot' territory quickly after you loop. The difference with Monsoon is that it's difficult before that point. Base regen only matters in early game. So if you want an easier early game(what you are asking for with regen buffs) then play rainstorm.
Stop trying to casualize the game because you feel you deserve to win every time in spite of your mistakes.

green guys are called Poison, they're on a separate elite layer together with Haunted.

listfag has woken up, please ignore him

I feel like Mul-t's melee won't become viable unless he gets a new movement ability later, the current one has a long cooldown and doesn't let you move on top of an enemy since they or you get knocked away

Spin slash is higher potential DPS because it doesn't displace you as much, and because you can much more easily hold M2 to burn through 5 backup mags in an instant late game. M2 is easier guaranteed damage because it is bundled into one hit, and better for staying airborne. Uppercut also cancels out your combo unlike spin which is obviously a bad thing.
They're both good.

monsoon was hard before as well, they just gutted regen for no reason out of nowhere this patch so you can't leave fights to regen back up at a reasonable rate anymore, so if you get hit & don't have healing items there's not really anything you can do

Because it scales with height. If you're Arti though, avoid it like the plague.

listen

this one is absolutely atrocious
items on both stages are HORRIBLE and first boss is dunestrider. Good fucking luck

>monsoon was hard before as well
no no no

Attached: 1568802740325.jpg (1874x1704, 172K)

>backing off to let base regen save you
If you have to do this you have seriously fucked up and deserve to be punished for it. Buy the guaranteed healing drone in stage 1 if you need it, or play rainstorm to be able to get to the late game more easily rather than trying to get it to be easy to reach the late game on monsoon as well.

Damn, Aurelionite is fucking amazing now. He melts bosses with his laser and much more active now. If I see early golden shrine or dream of gold I always go for it. After you get him you can just rush teleporter at every stage and see him doing all the job for you. Except for multiple dunestraiders, those fuck him up like they always do.

Attached: 20190921150813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

I've never played huntress & thought
>gee the issue I'm having is with these packs of enemies, all my damage vanishes when there's more than one enemy. if only there were less

I agree monsoon should be hard, but its so dependent on mobility drops. if you dont have enough speed or double jumps, you are just fucked
its not just damage values and regen, its the turn speed and general "accuracy" of all enemies

How the fuck do I get to 20 stages in a run without exploding if even a whisp sneezes on me

it's only bad because once you use the crashdown, you can't highjump till it recharges.

>if you get hit once you have seriously fucked up
hmm

depends on your playstyle, if you like juggling and fucking with enemies with more frontloaded dps you go uppercut, if you wanna stack mags and spam spin at bosses go whirlwind. If you're retarded you go judgement cut.

keep playing until RNG gives you a good run.

about all you can do

It's stupid because it forces your jumps to be really fucking awkward and inconsistent.
It would be good if there was a way to still do normal jumps with it.

>if you get hit in bullethell xyz axis projectile spam the game, you deserved to die
how's that lead paint taste

that and give it a new button for slam with Arti

For everyone, really.

post more facesitting niggers

wax quails are secretly the strongest item in the game
move speed in general prevents all damage. If you find a drink printer, hoove printer, wax quails or double jumps
you are in the money

Hit by what? A titan laser? A vagrant blast? Yes. A single wisp isn't going to send you to 10 hp, not even a single golem shot, and those are so telegraphed you have no excuse for being hit anyway

You know unless it spawns like 10 wisps at the same time like it always does.

>A single wisp isn't going to send you to 10 hp
no but it's gonna send you to half hp where if you take another wisp hit you die

> those are so telegraphed you have no excuse for being hit anyway
ok now I know you're shitposting as wisps are by far the hardest thing in the game to dodge

Sorry, I wasn't clear there. I meant the golem/titan/vagrant are telegraphed. Getting hit by the occasional wisp is absolutely understandable, but getting hit constantly is your own fault. Also just buying a single drone in the first level fixes the early game wisp problem.

bruh what happened to being good at videogames and target priority lmao

literally doesnt matter
games should be fun

>just buy a drone lol
i would if the AI wasn't fucking retarded and got stuck on small rocks easily

HOTPOOOOOOOO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (2560x1600, 3.25M)

>tfw I ignored gay challenges and unlocked everything via save edit

Attached: 1448439697712.jpg (1280x800, 64K)

I think risk of rain 2 is a fun game. :^)
I like how it has different difficulties so I can play to be challenged, to relax, or just to turn my brain off with my casual friend.

>rainstorm

Attached: 1426371767315.jpg (323x323, 72K)

Monsoon EU, wanting to get Loader like a real man

*locks 10% of the game behind the not fun difficulty*

>git gud

>stack quails on loader
>on-demand punch accelerator
unironically the best green in the game for Apache

I'm more concerned about sniper coming out

based

was just testing the walky turrets desu they suck

>magma worm or imp overlord fucks off to the complete opposite side of the map to attack a drone that got stuck
>takes like 3 extra minutes to kill the boss
>fucks the whole run
Can they please fix the drones getting stuck on shit.

Based. Why even play the game?

The faggot who said OSP with personal shield generator + glass was fixed: Fuck you. No it isn't fixed.

drones should have some sort of teleport option so they dont get stuck

FEMALE LOADER
FEMALE LOADER

That needs to be fixed for sure, and hopefully will be before release, but it's fairly uncommon for that to happen on stage 1 or 2 which is where they're most needed. I know it sucks to put money into something that will die later, but I strongly suggest it for if you're having trouble on Monsoon. Gunner drones pop wisps efficiently, and healing drone will more than make up for the wisp chip damage you end up taking. Also they both tank wisps for you since they're flying and so usually closer to where the wisp spawns.

Turning volume up helps a lot too. Wisps make a distinctive sound when they spawn behind you, and before shooting which means if you're attentive you can usually take them out before they can fire, or at least try to dodge their laser by jumping when you hear them charging up.

>they suck
More like you suck.

Attached: 20190921162455_1.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

>with a controller
absolute mad lad

>invalid

tips for reaching the portal under 20 minutes? do you really just have to speedrun this shit without grabbing anything other than drops from bosses?

Attached: 1567636728286.jpg (200x229, 22K)

It's because of posts like this that we have casuals who are trying to make monsoon easier because their egos can't take playing on the game mode the game is designed around, and they aren't good enough for the hard mode. Drizzlets deserve mockery though for sure.

loader doesnt need a single item on drizzle for that challenge if thats what you are talking about

So how do you OHK a boss?

>rainstorm

Attached: 1562405831401.gif (300x450, 328K)

>buy healing drone
>it heals for ticks of 3 while wisps bombard me for 10 constantly
>buy gunner drone
>it decides that the 5 wisps that are right next to it are a lower priority than the elite beetle halfway across the map
>turn volume up
holy shit nigger do you actually think people are complaining about wisps because they have their sound off?

>buy heal drone
>it heals my turret
>it just dances around me not healing anything
>it gets blown up by the vagrant AoE

Rainstorm is so easy it's putting me to sleep.

>moonjump is a bad item
say that to this user

3/4

US West Monsoon 3/4
get in here

No, I think they are complaining about them because they don't use one of their two senses appropriately to defend themself against wisps.
>having trouble early game as engineer
What the actual fuck?

how?
do you drizzle preon or something
are you forced to get boss bullets or crowbars?

Attached: UfzC0U0[1].png (791x85, 18K)

Yeah they need to do something about it, buying them just feels shitty. I'd like if they attempted to hide from vagrant explosions or something. They literally always die to that.
Don't farm for items unless its a good one from a multishop. Look for chests that are close to the teleporter. Do the tele and then grab the nearby chests. High mobility characters like merc and loader are best for it.

It is pretty easy early-mid game, but that's why monsoon exists to make those parts of the game challenging. Meanwhile people are complaining that they are challenging.

just get past a loop or two on drizzle, you can do that on the majority of runs

>he unironically says "just listen for the wisp sound"
confirmed for not playing the game

Oh fuck me, my dumbass thought I had to do it in Monsoon

I just did drizzle until I reached the point where everything died the second they appeared on screen.

just kill them you drizzlet

>pick up preon
>pick up royal capacitor
>crowbars + M2
>on-hit damage boosters + flamethrower
>glass + anything
>any kind of good late-game god build
It's not very hard. 1 second is a longer time than it sounds, it doesn't have to even be a single hit. If you want it REALLY easily, just speedrun Drizzle and get the guaranteed Preon from Rallypoint Delta.

no just faste

They make a very clearly audible noise when charging and when they shoot

yeah i'll get right on that
i'll just spend 10 seconds to kill the 5 wisps that spawned behind me all at once because i'm playing commando
i'm sure the beetle queen won't shoot her purely visually telegraphed spit at me during that time or anything

early game is engi's weak point retardo
once you start getting FOONGOOS or hardlight or bunch of stickies engi just shreds everything

>>pick up royal capacitor
how many fucking fuel cells you planning to get to kill boss in one second with it

when they start charging, you're already hit unless you use your mobility, at which point you no longer have mobility for shit like titan/boss attacks

Yes, and then turn around and shoot them. If they're sneaking up on you with no sound that means they spawned behind you a while ago and you left them behind and they just slowly floated over while you tunnel visioned.
Is this your first video game?

Wait is loader's unlock skill just strictly better than the normal one? Is it actually just exactly the same but it does damage? Mul-t's fucking saw is so much fun too, its hilarious how much it wrecks the grovetender.

audible if you're standing motionless with no enemies near and waiting for the sound maybe
during a boss fight the sound is virtually impossible to hear
and hopoo being the retard that he is has all the explosions and gun noises on the same slider as important audio cues, so there's no way to seperate them

NA lobb

Attached: Mechanical_Spider_Animation.gif (66x66, 9K)

Late game is engie's weakness because turrets die too easily and grenades aren't as good as most other M1s, though they're still able to shred enemies if you are stacked. Early game doesn't have enough to threaten engie regardless of lack of fungus, so turrets are constant DPS.

You can sprint out the way if you're skilled enough, they're not hit scan

also pulls smaller enemies to you, so wisps are no longer a free swing target.

loaders unlock cant swing off small flying enemies and instead damages, stuns and pulls them towards you
it can also stun large enemies

>early game is engi's weak point retardo
Lmao what a retard. Engi destroys everthing in early game same as in late game. The only difference is lategame requires fungus.

clear your ears are get better headphones I can hear everything

Downside is you cannot grapple off of small enemies like wisp. Of course it's insanely rare that you can't grapple a ceiling/wall/big enemy/jump and grapple the ground. So yeah it's almost a straight upgrade and will hopefully be changed a bit.

>just turn around and shoot them
good idea, why didn't i think of that?
i'll just use the extremely slow charging railgun, or maybe the nailgun that couldn't hit a golem standing 10 feet away
surely no other enemies will spawn or attack me during this time

Get in here Americans

do they get faster with goat hoofs?

>i have no argument so i'll just say "lol ears bad"
pathetic

Or just jump since that moves you vertically much faster than base run speed. Unless they're directly above you in which case you have to run.
Yes, use the railgun and one shot them. That's one of the best weapons for them in the early game. Dodge the other enemies while you fight. That's like the main focus of this game. Golem lasers and lemurian fireballs are piss easy to dodge, so focus the harder to dodge wisps down to avoid taking chip damage, then handle the other stuff.
Just because the titan is big doesn't mean he's always the priority target.

They should but I didn't really pay attention. But they were close to me pretty much all the time so I never felt they're slow or anything. They die much faster than stationary turrets though so in tought situations you have to think where you want to deploy them. It's usually better to let them distract weak enemies while you bombard heavy hitters. Still it's great to actully put some efforts as Engi.

I got it on drizzle on floor 1.
I got the lightning strike item Q thing 1 shaped glass and 4 armor piercing rounds from a printer. Then 1 shot the beetle queen.
I had to reset about 10 times to finally get a perfect floor 1.
Ofc u can also do it on floor 20 for example but since a lot of bosses spawn at the same time its hard to get them all in 1 shot.

Yes, but they still chase enemies too high up for them to shoot.

>argument
This isn't a debate your not that important, you just have bad hearing lol, but hey I could give a number to an otologist if you want

you really are unbelievably fucking dense, aren't you?
if it's so fucking easy, just make a quick 1 minute video of you doing the teleporter event on stage 1, while taking no hits from wisps, golems, lemurians or the boss
i'm sure for someone with such a high level of skill, this will be a simple and quick task

>seething THIS hard
holy shit LMAO

it's only easy once you adjust to monsoon

I've been playing nothing but monsoon before and after the patch
But now monsoon is pretty fucking unfun since it's entirely RNG reliant now
Yes, I tried turning it down to rainstorm. No, it wasn't fun, I almost fell asleep while I looped forever.

If I want to make a mod, where do I start?

I don't take no hits(unless you count in yesterday's trial), but I avoid enough of them that I don't get chipped to death by wisps because I don't have drizzle regen, and when I die I realize the mistakes I made rather than throw my hands up in the air and believe that there was nothing I could've done.

I know that they only gave Artificer the jetpack because her utility did fuckall for her movement.
But now after having played Artificer a bunch, I swear the game would be a lot more interesting if each character simply had a unique movement trait/quirk/ability to them just like Artificer's jetpack, that is not tied to their utility skill or other skills.

It just makes the characters more unique and adds more elements to the game.

Depends on what kind of mod.

>this projection
god you're pathetic lol
worked you're self up into a sweat because you can't hear the loud as sound wisp make when they're about to shoot then cried about hopoo not making them loud enough for your fucked up ears

i also "realize the mistakes"
the mistake of hopoo making wisps hitscan, the mistake of even attempting to converse with an autist like yourself, and the mistake of your birth.

they should be able to jump, also the range of their laser is a little too short

I want to make a monster playable, but with different abilities compared to what they'd normally have.

>he's seething SO hard he had to type out another response
lmao really dude?
you couldn't just leave it at that since it was so unimportant to you?
LOL

if you realize it then stop arguing with listfag

>push Aloy Game Sphere into wall with Merc dash
>he loses 90% of his HP instantly
But no, the difficulty in Hotpoo's unfinished game is VERY important and sacred.
Also did everyone just forget you'll be able to casualize the shit out of Monsoon with artifacts when they show up?

>now monsoon is pretty fucking unfun since it's entirely RNG reliant now
Get good, drizzlet. If you can't play without your 300% hp regen maybe you should consider lower the fucking difficulty, you know? Monsoon is perfectly fine now, I'm doing obliteration runs on a controller without much problems.

Attached: 20190921154147_1.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

>MG42 runald stack
Was shit dying left and right, son?

Hey, if you want to let the world know you're bad at video games that is fine with me. Just don't try and act like challenging games shouldn't exist if you personally are not able to handle them.

I am going for the Commando challenges wish me luck

fuck off listfag

they are easy
its literally just playing the game with no fancy tricks

don't know who that is, but i do intend to end it there
it's like talking to a brick wall with the mental cases on here

>get good
>posts a "win" with the new shitter crutch item
are you for real?

I'm not even attacking you lmao, i told you can dodge wisp easily if you listen for the sound then you got super pissed at me because you have trouble hearing them, do wisp really make you that angry?
If the goal is to get me to stop replying I guess since I don't enjoy conversation with frothing retards

God I hate the alloy worship unit so fucking much
It always spawns by hitting eggs in cross fire when I don't even know where the egg spawns are in the first place
WHY does it take over the teleporter boss health bar and trap me in the fucking level
WHY does it take half an hour to kill because it has so much god damn hp and frequent shielding
Its not even hard to kill, but its such a fucking chore.
Half an hour of shit is not equivalent to the effort you have to put in for farming a legendary chest. you only waste 10 minutes as opposed to 30 fucking minutes, and you have the option to leave the chest and go straight to the teleporter. you don't have to open it before you can leave the level.
FUCK, my run just went straight to HAHAHAHA and I havent even fucking looped
what a fucking run killer on monsoon. Who in the fuck designed this shit?

Attached: 1481948622589.gif (245x184, 703K)

>he's STILL replying
keep going man this just gets better and better

>b-but it doesn't count
Lmao. Here's Commando. Also, tonic wasn't on constant uptime, I had to play around the drug addiction.

Attached: 20190920013816_1.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

>guaranteed red

>sentient meat crutch
>46 minutes to obliterate
just stop posting.

wouldn't know, obliterated right after taking the ss

it's not a real run if it doesn't take you an hour and a half

Attached: 1297695234221.jpg (480x360, 27K)

I know they are easy, but I get keeping fucked by RNG and I don't get shit with Commando.

takes more time to kill than farming dosh on abyssal for the chest.

But backing up and wasting time is a much better punishment than terminating a run.

obtain skill holy shit lmao
>10 seconds
back to drizzle

he means that the red isn't guaranteed, user.

There's usually not much of a point playing past level 11. After second loop you either too powerful to kill everything in a second or you're dead.

yeah but you get 2 reds if you play a friend
3 if you play with 2
you catch my dick?

3/4 US West Monsoon
Get in here

but it is guaranteed, hes retarded
the one nigger who replies doesn't even know his shit

if you get 2-3 teddies & some foongoos, your turrets can tank superimp's smash attack which is pretty much the strongest thing they'll have to tank

It's not, I got a green from it.

no you fucking didnt
you fucking liar

>You can sprint out the way if you're skilled enough
>running & holding shift requires skill now

they're not hitscan but it's a shotgun burst of three pellets that's very fast, there's no way you dodge all three just by sprinting at base movement speed

Harpoons for engie in place of his grenades when?

the problem with the alloy worship unit is the bloated health bar and the fact that it spends more of its time undamagable than worms do
if you're capable of killing it in a timely fashion then you're already way ahead of the power curve and don't even need the red to begin with
of course this all goes out the window if you play merc and just smash it into walls for 90% of its health bar
just an awful design all round

tomorrow

join please :)

Not in the late game they can't. Around stage 15+ that'll destroy them even with 15 fungus. And if that doesn't then the worm dropping on top of them will. Engineer's turrets are insanely strong until very suddenly they aren't.

>lunar cheater
loooool
>300% hp regen
you mean 40% hp regen since the regen was always as it was intended

Fuck off retard. Do you want me to take a picture next time.

you weren't paying attention
look it up
it always drops a red, BUT IT ISN'T FUCKING WORTH IT ANYWAY
who gives a fuck if you get a red, when the difficulty spikes 3 god damn sections? I just spent literally an hour getting to stage 5. Fuck this shit. the next time that thing spawns im just gonna quit to menu, the fucking run is over anyway.
I dont wanna play on rainstorm but I keep getting this shit luck. I just want the hell level where I skip the gimmick red and just continue on at a good pace. what the fuck, hopoo

of course they get bursted with just fungus because they can die between the fungus ticks, but if you get some teddies, it'll dodge enough of the hits to get to the heal tick at which point it's fine again

people put too much faith in the foongoos & forget about based teddies of take no damage

yeah
in fact record a video you fucking liar liar pants on fire nerf fire

3/4 US West Monsoon
join retards

Why is ror dead on /vg/ ?

just spend 4 lunars every stage 3 so you can dream your way into hell haha

yeah take a fucking picture of the alloy worshiper dropping a green
I "dare" you. Do you get it, get a load of how fucking funny I am. its funny because you can't ever take a picture of that. because its impossible. thats why theres air quotes.

Nah teddies are fantastic, but you WILL reach a point where that's not enough and so much shit is hitting them for so much damage that they won't dodge enough of it, or like I said a worm will fall on them and the bears won't block that one hit.

A green popped out of the pillar upon defeating the boss. The fuck are you talking about?

Alright I guess I'll turn on shadowplay next time I play it.

because the retarded faggots arguing over trivial shit in this thread wasn't just a random occurence, it was the entire /vg/ thread
also people just got bored and stoppoed posting

Someone motivate me to unlock skins and skills

>tfw I just got hit in the end of the prismatic trial by a random wisp.
I can't fuckin take this Merc challenge, it's always some offscreen enemy taking a potshot

Attached: 1537757644796.png (760x839, 760K)

>why is [X] dead on /vg/
people are aware that its a containment, so they don't treat the thread normally and shit it up

Yes, I believe youWouldn't be the first bug in this game, but I want to see it with my own eyes, and sharing it would make it more likely to be fixed.

awesome

Attached: Risk_of_Rain_2_VrBOwIcUYN.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

if that wasn't on drizzle, nice.

going for the 20 stages for the grenade is gonna be a slog but i really want that grenade

Attached: Risk_of_Rain_2_meTBTvQ0YQ.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

just play the game and the skins will happen
most of the skills are shit anyway, you don't need them

The grenade is trash. There's also a bug where you can't use it consecutively with double tap or the M2, but barring that it's still trash.

How do I into Rex? Specifically not being obliterated by my enemies for being a slow hunk of fertilized scrap.

Attached: 1397162385858.jpg (542x530, 125K)

/vg/ is where vidya discussion goes to die. The only way you find a thread there is if you go there looking for that specific thread. That means they never get new blood which means they end up with their own sub-culture of 5-20 faggots jerking each other off with their shitty in-jokes, and they've already discussed everything they could about the game so they have nothing left.
Yea Forums fotm threads didn't have the same issue because eventually a new fotm came along, and they constantly had new people coming in, so the general 'Yea Forums culture' kept the 'thread culture' in check.

the grenade is kinda bad, but don't let that stop you
it's fun to dick around with at least

dude, it fucking sucks. It hits a single time and you can't even preview the throw arc.
suppressive fire is objectively better: on paper, and in terms of early and late game scaling.

artillery resets your basic attack

Why do I not see damage numbers anymore? They went away after I used Commando's shotgun for the first time and they've never come back. Has anyone else encountered this?

Attached: 62322.jpg (539x521, 32K)

the changes to enemy spawning fucking SUCK
the changes to HP regen fucking SUCK
the new skills SUCK
what the fuck is going on with hopoo

Suppressive fire is so much fun in late game with high attack speed+brain stalks. You just mash the R button spraying a literal line of overlapping bullets from elite to elite.

How and where can I unlock the fucking skills manually?

it happens when you play for a certain amount of total time
its intentional
the idea is that you are so experinced with the game that you know the numbers by memory now so they remove them

haha the game is harder now, enjoy :^)
also instead of calling it a nerf he called it a fix so anyone saying it's dumb can just be instantly shot down by calling them a drizzlet

t. drizzlet

play the game

The best part is he fucking lied about it being a fix because nothing in the code prior to this patch indicated that regen should be different based on difficulty.

Stack stealth kits. Each time you M2 the damage from it can trigger the kit, so with enough of them you have permastealth. If you're constantly around 50% health then I think it's like a 7% chance each time you hit m2 to stealth. If you're at full it's a 15% chance.

This is the single stupidest idea I've ever heard. Can I enable them back? What the fuck are the Discord trannies feeding the devs? This patch has questionable choices around every fucking corner.

Was artificer buffed recently? I swear to god i just killed stage 2 dunestrider before it managed to suck without a single damage item other than 1 glasses. He didnt even finish his first attack.

literally just use any search engine
took me all of 10 seconds to find the needed strings

reminds me a lot of ed mcmillen and binding of isaac
>PLAYERS ARE BEATING MY GAME IN STRATS I NEVER PREDICTED????/ PLAYERS ARE ACTUALLY WINNING AT GAME>??????/
>NERF IT ALL!!!! YOU#RE HAVING THE WRONG KIND OF FUN AND YOU NEED TO ENJOY YOUR STEAK

Attached: 1289256771188.gif (350x263, 2.79M)

I do, but I'm not going to sit and pray for an RNG run where I literally don't get hit.
I want to unlock the actually bullshit challenges that have nothing to do with skillful play but massive RNG, such as Huntress and Mercenary "LMAO DONT GET HIT" challenges.

>DUNEstrider
>can spawn in the snow level
you cannot defend this.

What are the lines I need to edit?

Attached: chrome_qKER39ReMN.png (446x619, 230K)

actually you can hold it down

Yeah that challenge was shit. I had to do it like 7 times to get the "route" down where you just start stacking topaz while hoping to god nothing shoots you out of nowhere before you get on a kill train and just have a shield on you at all times.
Is stacking topaz the way the game is meant to be played or something? Shit got real easy when I got like 7 of them for my monsoon challenge run for Merc and I just started slicing everything up without getting one-shot out of nowhere

its literally stuff like "commando20round" and such

well, shit.

worm hits don't actually do a lot of damage, when they interact with the map, they do however shoot out some balls (like 5 or 6?)
you/your turrets are actually getting hit by the worm & some of those balls, because they happen at sort of the same time it can seem like it's one hit

Huntress is the exact opposite

topaz stacking is powerful, but it's total shit on its own
you need to already be killing shit constantly for it to be any good, so it's a dead item early on

>Make it to stage 3 as Commando under 10 minutes
>grab Preon, feeling hopeful as fuck
>BLAZING BIGHORN BISON HORDE OF MANY
>Cloud of wisp shoves me off my perch, fucking up my preon shot

Can I got ONE Monsoon run without this shit pre-loop? Can I just get a fucking normal boss? Why was this so much easier as Merc and Artificer

Attached: 1431635511722.png (498x713, 376K)

if he intended it to be in like it was previously- why implement it like that instead of just upping overall character regen numbers?

>>Make it to stage 3 as Commando under 10 minutes
how?
do you rush levels stage 1, then loot, then rush tp stage 2 then loot or what?

>Why was this so much easier as Merc and Artificer
because those characters actually have tools that help them

JUST FUCKING remove commando at this point. hes shit and worthless. this new patch has made him completely worthless to play.

literally got buffed
you fat sack of instruction book

>code something wrong
>wow it looks the same for all difficulties
very easy to do that

The shotgun and changes to his R have made him on par with everyone else. With Strides of Heresy, he's better than nearly everyone.

>try to get a run with huntress for the 12 crowbar challenge
>first 2 games have a crowbar printer on the first fucking stage, dont have enough whites to print
>annoyed.jpg
>end up having to brute force the challenge with this ungodly abomination of a run that took me 2h and 20min
I literally got up to go piss and came back while the game was still going on and was still alive bc 4*sacrificial knife+3*glass was killing ever single enemy before they even spawned

Attached: 20190921191118_1.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

health regen was coded the exact same way every other stat in the game was
if you think it's a mistake, get ready for them to say health, damage, movementspeed, etc. was also a mistake & those are the drizzle numbers

if they simply forgot to add this section of code, then the regen rates would have been what they are for rainstorm/monsoon now on all difficulties in the past. But they set the character regen rates to what they used to be & lowered them now, plus added this section of code

Attached: UNA1evd[1].png (1261x230, 42K)

There was literally no function about different regen at all.

if you are seriously thinking of posting a screenshot and it includes shaped glass then kill yourself. you didn't play the game, you cheated.

>lunar cheater
Fuck off. All my coins are legit.

Attached: ror.png (650x158, 35K)

High-tail it to the teleporter immediately, once you're within spitting distance you can try and kill shit for chests if they're close otherwise just cut your losses and start it at around 1 min

His new M2 actually makes him a good character now but this horde bison/beetle/golem shit is SO cheese, I wish there was something like the lunar shop dreams to ensure i just get a NORMAL FUCKING BOSS and not these overtuned instagibbing shitheads god DAMN

t. faggot

fuck off. If you are seriously thinking of posting a screenshot without funballs you cheated.

also I just noticed
>if you're on fire it sets regen to 0 but then sets regen to the value right after anyway
???

>he can't into fast

Attached: 20190921054002_1.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

this completely unironically but with spinel tonic

funballs for risk of rectum 2 when

>t.

Attached: hackers-1.jpg (2122x1415, 233K)

these completely unironically but with strides + transcendence

wtf whered you get a pic of me

The grenade is fine. There's literally nothing wrong with it except how clunky it is - sometimes Commando doesn't throw it when you hold M1 which is annoying. Skill itself is nice, very different from default R, gives Commando some aoe and feels like something fresh and new. It's much better than say shitty new M1 of Artificier.
You all should stop being meta faggots. Variety is always nice if both skills are viable.

How exactly do boss spawns work? I feel like it really kills the level's identity when the teleporter bosses are so interchangeable on the first run.

No, you don't understand. It's bad because it doesn't combo into double tap, or M2. It's bad because it bounces around too much to do meaningful damage. It's bad because compared to suppressing fire, it can't shoot vultures out of the sky. It's bad because you can't wipe it across several elder lemurians and stun them. It's bad because stacking syringes doesn't increase the amount of rounds expended like suppressing fire. It's fucking bad. The only thing you said is
>REEE it's different!
Fucking drizzlet.

Attached: Clay man.png (532x532, 16K)

do you not farm levels on stage one?
I always struggle on monsoon at level 1 because pretty much any hit kills you & you do barely any damage.
if you get like 3 levels you get a massive increase in damage & health

the problem is that the grenade isn't viable
the radius is small, it doesn't stick, it doesn't have an aiming reticle like literally every other ground-aoe skill does, and it does shit damage
it's worse than MUL-T's m2 in literally every way

i always get to level 2 and get 1 item, 2 if there's another nearby chest and i get good enemy spawns
unless you're commando or rex, you should be able to do a level 2 teleporter boss without items anyway

Normally I wouldn't even consider that a problem since many bosses can spawn on many stages in RoR1, but it's actually pretty annoying to have worms spawn on Siren's Call. It's even more annoying that the new boss is a giant drone. Why didn't they just make a giant vulture?

yeah you just casually have 13 lunar items in a run & 103 lunar coins spare

probably because this update was rushed as fuck and a big ball is easier to model and "animate" than a unique giant bird

>unless you're commando or rex, you should be able to do a level 2 teleporter boss without items anyway
wait did they nerf the fuck out of commando? he used to be the best character disregarding engi because engi is cheating

At around 200 hours I had 150 lunar coins before I stopped caring and cheated in 90k.

no nerfs, commando is just shit after all the "balance" changes the game has gone through.
even with the new shotgun m2 he's still the second weakest character until he gets some good items under his belt.

Commando was only ever the "best" at anything because of sticky bombs, and even then his lack of i-frames, his shit M2 from the beginning, and syringes making his R go faster and not adding more shots was making Merc the de-facto face of RoR2 for a while there. After the sticky nerf he was even worse at bottom rung. Now he's back towards the top.

Attached: 443.png (974x1000, 306K)

>Fucking drizzlet.
Oh, fuck off, I already posted multiple monsoon runs itt, one with commando and grenade. You have your M1 to shoot things in the sky. Grenade offer nice aoe and works great with proc items. After I read about aiming I thought it's unusable but it turned out to be much better. I do think default R is better but I don't see much problems with grenades, they're fine and much better than most of new skills.
>retard doesn't know how spinel tonic works

"Disable Base Health Regeneration if on fire" was in the patch notes for the scorched acres update. I've honestly never noticed it

>You have your M1 to shoot things in the sky.
No shit. But if I supressing fire a vulture and then shotgun it, it's over. The only thing I'll give you is that it has a decent prod rate, because it does. I don't see much use in it until hopoo fixes its ability to combo into M1 and M2.
I think you're selling him short. Since the update, I've done multiple long Monsoon runs as commando specifically because of the shotgun. And with backup mags? Forget about it. Melts bosses.

I think it just straight up doesn't work because it's too early in the code

eastern yurop

I'm 90% sure the drone is supposed to be one of the ship cores, which I think is cool as fuck personally. Fuck birds.

why is Hoppo too much of a bitch to actually nerf things and has to jump through hoops and lie every time he does

Attached: wtfhopoo.gif (839x211, 2.06M)

That sort of helps, but not much. I like the idea of the fauna of the planet coming for your ass. A ship core is kind of okay I guess. Why would it attack humans? Hope the log entry makes it better.

i'm not saying he's bad overall, just that he's bad early even with the shotgun
having no aoe is rough in the first teleporter event, so it's more important to get a nice item than it is for say, loader or huntress

>the new cod legit runs better at max settings than RoR2 does

Attached: 1461058662076.jpg (507x473, 24K)

Definitely read the log entry for Rex. It sort alludes to what's up with the bots on the planet.

I find it more fun with a load of lunar coins gives you a bit of freedom

excuse you sweety, the origin of slashing uppercut is kirby's up b from smash

Optimization may be ass, but it's definitely time to upgrade user.

Are you literally retarded? I'm saying that I am getting higher framerates at max settings Cod MW 1440p (120fps) than I get in RoR2 1440p with settings turned down (80-100fps, constantly drops to 30fps at high rounds)

Attached: 1461697206808.gif (379x440, 140K)

Like I said.
>it's definitely time to upgrade user.

lunar coins are literally the worst system in this game
meta currencies are near-impossible to get right in roguelites, unless they're solely used for unlocks
i'm not surprised hopoo fucked it up

I'm not an expert by any means but when people talk about how to do a certain run or unlock something, and they talk about how easy it is but it literally relies on massively good RNG both on item/enemy/printer spawns it makes you sound fucking stupid and elitist at the same time.

Do you people have no self awareness? It's not a matter of skill if the stars have to fucking align first you mouthbreathers

All he'd have to do is instance a wallet per game at 0. Make mountain shrines give you two per activation, make combat shrines give you one. GIve me rent hopoo.

>What is optimization?
I know animeposters are dumb but fucking come on.

git gud or shut the fuck up drizzlet.

Kek see what I mean? Actual brainlet at work here proving me right. That's all you dunces can say and cant challenge my point.

No shit i'm complaining about the optimization being ass when a low poly game runs worse than a next gen realistic looking game.

what unlocks are you specifically talking about, user?

there's way more being rendered in risk of rain 2 than in cod

Just fix Loader's legs bro

Attached: 15690016556888.jpg (1373x714, 183K)

>git gud or shut the fuck up drizzlet.

why is the leg change reversed in 2nd pic?

first of all that's fucking wrong because MW can have those 64 player battles with explosions going on everywhere while still running smoothly.
Second of all those 80-100fps is what I get when literally no enemies are present and I am standing idle in a empty area. I could forgive if the game ran good and only dipped when too much shit happens at once, but the game just runs like shit at all times.

artixloader OTP
just wanted to say I love your guys and all the OC
keep being the best thread left on Yea Forums

Attached: 1555190699496.jpg (1050x1900, 765K)

>Second of all those 80-100fps is what I get when literally no enemies are present and I am standing idle in a empty area

dude I'm running a potato and my game runs better than that

all the more proof that the game is optimized like ass

for as much as everyone has bitched at one time or another about FoTM threads, they continue to be a good source of fun times and original content

But Cod's graphics are much more demanding to the hardware and it has a full team working on optimization.

If you use it while standing on a vagrant you can force their ass to the ground. Worth it on teamplay for that alone.

Again, no shit you fucking idiot. Bringing up COD has fuck all to do with anything. If a game is poorly optimised the implication is that of course it'll run worse than any game that's well optimised on good hardware. It doesnt need to be said and doesn't add to your point or argument you fucking dumb animeposter.

With shift, you can force a vagrant to the ground and instant kill it or halve its HP without sacrificing eviscerate's i-frames.

the thing about a lotta indie games like this is that they're made in coding languages that require real finagling to get working- especially since they tend to be designed from the ground up as low-hardware demand games

Because I think that the original shape (though it is toned down a bit slighlty) could maybe fit if there was no upper robot part,if people like the original shape....even though the change made in the left one could be ported to the middle one too.
But it definetly doesnt fit with the upper robot part,it needs a bigger change like I did.

any strat for the new trial and using merc to do it?

there's no good strat for this one
wait for the next one or just edit it in

>NEW CAWADOODY GOT WEALLY GOOD GRAPHICS BUT RISK OF RAIN DOESN'T RUN AS GOOD! WTF DEVS??? HOW INDIE PIXEL GAME RUN BAD BUT COD DO GOOD?

Attached: 1515888499_preview_1516944670692.jpg (387x437, 40K)

Oh trust me, I completely understand that. I remember well the days of risk of rain 1 and the absolutely pitiful FPS in ues contact light before they patched it.

Because the difference in graphical fidelity so fucking massive.
RoR2 should be a game that runs at 500+ fps easily, but it doesn't.

Do not post wojak in risk of rain threads, faggot.

They're steadily working at it. I couldn't run the game at max on my toaster before skills 2.0. Now I can...but at stage 4 I start dropping frames and have to kill corpse count.

Comparaison.

Attached: LOADER001655688FIXED.jpg (1373x1429, 397K)

i'm running at 4k on ultra at 60fps on a 1080, the fuck are you on about?

Boy do I love running around for 3 minutes and fight like 4 beetles and 2 wisps in moonsoon.

The fact that it only runs at 100fps 1440p when MW runs at 120fps 1440p.

Try making a game as ambitious as ror2 with like three other people and get back to us on how easy it was to optimize

the new director behavior is retarded
fuck hotpoo

>doing awesome, good items, having a great time, think maybe this will finally be the run
>Imp Overlord spawns in shortly after i do
>get clipped by his contra ass spread thorns while rolling in an attempt to throw his aim off
>lose half my entire health due to the bleed
>bump into another one and its lights out

Fuck this.
I'm convinced its just not happening. Even with the new M2 I get robbed of my obliteration because I got nicked by ONE attack and it just spirals out of control. Why doesn't Commando have i-frames already? Why does everything in this game track your position perfectly?

Getting Merc/Arti's mastery skin was just false hope

Attached: 20190921065447_1.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

>500 fps
>unity
user c'mon

force the bazaar on stage 1 until you get strides, it's ridiculously fucking good right now

Is this a mod or is this a shoop?

So the second engie mines are just the old ones, right?

You dumb fucking nigger if I poorly code a shitty 2D game because I'm a massive fucking amateur, and The Witcher 3 runs amazing on toasters and looks great while doing it, that's got fuck all to do with graphical fidelity you actual nonce cunt. The best looking game in the universe CAN run amazing if it's optimised to fucking shit and the worst looking game can run like shit too if it's not done well.

You are a literal brainlet screaming out B-BUT MUH GRAPHICS! MORE POLYGONS MEAN HARDER TO RUN! WHY NO GET?

well then maybe hopoo should optimize their game huh?

uuuh
nothing changed

3 or 4 strides and you can do it indefinitely.

>he's a 120hz cuck
lole

lmao this
imagine not being based and 240hz

Yes. Duh.

what do you mean by this soldier

Attached: hank.jpg (321x500, 56K)

>he doesn't use silence between two strikes

Weird because i run ror2 in 120fps all the time.

You dropped your other 120 frames, friend.

>he doesn't use n'kuhana's retort

Only a shoop sadly,but if any modder out there is able to make the changes it would be greatly appreciated!
Look with more attention!

how powerful would the child of Loader and Mercenary be?

full str, full dex, 0 int

I don't know but they'd be fun as shit to play